Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,611 members, 7,823,658 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:58 PM

Ethiopian Housemaids Abused In Rich Arab Countries! - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ethiopian Housemaids Abused In Rich Arab Countries! (13600 Views)

Ethiopian Women + Nigerian Men (PICS) / My Favorite Ethiopian Song / The Somali/ethiopian People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ethiopian Housemaids Abused In Rich Arab Countries! by Afam4eva(m): 5:24am On Sep 27, 2013
somal:

ethiopia is 50 percent muslim, 40 percent christian

somalis are not habesha, we are somali. but their are 5 million somalis inside ethiopia, and their is an entire state in ethiopia that is inhabited by somalis with a somali president.
Stop posting false information. According to wikipedia, Ethiopia has a Christian majority population of about 63% and Muslim population of 40%.
Re: Ethiopian Housemaids Abused In Rich Arab Countries! by Fulaman198(m): 5:40am On Sep 27, 2013
nnenna.1:

^^Most of the Ethiopians I have met have been Christian.

And I've met and know quite a few.

I'm not doubting you one bit
Re: Ethiopian Housemaids Abused In Rich Arab Countries! by somal: 6:27am On Sep 27, 2013
nnenna.1:

^^Most of the Ethiopians I have met have been Christian.

And I've met and know quite a few.

Well oromo who make up 35 percent of the population are muslim, so are the 5 million somalis, and the afrars, harri
Afam4eva:
Stop posting false information. According to wikipedia, Ethiopia has a Christian majority population of about 63% and Muslim population of 40%.

well stats differ from source to source.But i saw one stat that said 50/50 but who knows.

why do you care anyway. Eventually ethiopia will become muslim, cause thats how its been trending since islam came to the horn of africa. Somalia wasnt muslim at one point, now we are 100 muslim
Re: Ethiopian Housemaids Abused In Rich Arab Countries! by Fulaman198(m): 6:28am On Sep 27, 2013
somal:

Well oromo who make up 35 percent of the population are muslim, so are the 5 million somalis, and the afrars, harri

well stats differ from source to source.But i saw one stat that said 50/50 but who knows.

why do you care anyway. Eventually ethiopia will become muslim, cause thats how its been trending since islam came to the horn of africa. Somalia wasnt muslim at one point, now we are 100 muslim

Somalia I believe is 99% Muslim (lol insignificant I know)
Re: Ethiopian Housemaids Abused In Rich Arab Countries! by somal: 6:46am On Sep 27, 2013
Fulaman198:

Somalia I believe is 99% Muslim (lol insignificant I know)

its 9.999999 percent. cause i have never ever ever met a somali who was not muslim

Islam is the state religion in somalia, and we use sharia law
Re: Ethiopian Housemaids Abused In Rich Arab Countries! by Fulaman198(m): 7:23am On Sep 27, 2013
somal:

its 9.999999 percent. cause i have never ever ever met a somali who was not muslim

Islam is the state religion in somalia, and we use sharia law

Yeah 2 countries in Africa do Nigeria and Somalia. I'm not against Shari'a law, but I think religion and politics should be separate.
Re: Ethiopian Housemaids Abused In Rich Arab Countries! by olumidaie(m): 7:40am On Sep 27, 2013
DONT CHANGE TOPIC

why are you people changing topic? The topic isn't about Islam/Christian, neither is it about Somali war: or any war, with Portugese. IT IS ABOUT HORNERS BEINGS MAL-TREATED IN THE SAME COUNTRIES THEY ASSOCIATE WITH; AND RUBISH NEGROS.

Lol. By the way, whats our business with the HORN; those people are EXTREMELY POOR!!!!!!!!!smileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmiley

4 Likes

Re: Ethiopian Housemaids Abused In Rich Arab Countries! by PAPAAFRICA: 7:55am On Sep 27, 2013
ebuka Otika: You Guys Are Too Too Much O ....After Reading All These Things...I Just Felt Like Going Back To Primary School.....I Have Never Heard Of All These Things You Are Saying @ PAPA AFRICA and Somal...
sorry to hear that.
Re: Ethiopian Housemaids Abused In Rich Arab Countries! by TerryCarr(m): 10:38am On Sep 27, 2013
somal:

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Housemaids Abused In Rich Arab Countries! by onila(f): 3:20pm On Sep 27, 2013
Fulaman198:

Yeah 2 countries in Africa do Nigeria and Somalia. I'm not against Shari'a law, but I think religion and politics should be separate.
shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Housemaids Abused In Rich Arab Countries! by somal: 9:38pm On Sep 27, 2013
onila: shocked shocked shocked shocked

are you offering head? why is the mouth open.

Re: Ethiopian Housemaids Abused In Rich Arab Countries! by Adamskuty(m): 12:32pm On Sep 28, 2013
somal:

are you offering head? why is the mouth open.

are u somalia11 or another baboon from the jungle of africa? #just..asking undecided
Re: Ethiopian Housemaids Abused In Rich Arab Countries! by somal: 12:33pm On Sep 28, 2013
Adamskuty: are u somalia11 or another baboon from the jungle of africa? #just..asking undecided

babooon? Am somali not west african.
Re: Ethiopian Housemaids Abused In Rich Arab Countries! by Adamskuty(m): 12:35pm On Sep 28, 2013
somal:

loool! When u niggas weren't muslims,y'all were slaves to the arabs,their serving booooys ,lmaooo ,they free any slaves that accept islam grin
Re: Ethiopian Housemaids Abused In Rich Arab Countries! by Adamskuty(m): 12:38pm On Sep 28, 2013
somal:

babooon? Am somali not west african.
baboon they is a clear difference btn we (humans) an y'all,from the way we live,talk and also how we produce our own food,only animals can't produce their own food and beside y'all look a great deal like monkeys! grin i will like to see ur bunk teeth,pls smile grin
Re: Ethiopian Housemaids Abused In Rich Arab Countries! by somal: 12:41pm On Sep 28, 2013
Adamskuty: loool! When u niggas weren't muslims,y'all were slaves to the arabs,their serving booooys ,lmaooo ,they free any slaves that accept islam grin

We became muslim 1,300 years ago.

It was the other way around, Kushitic people controlled southern arabia

Re: Ethiopian Housemaids Abused In Rich Arab Countries! by Adamskuty(m): 12:43pm On Sep 28, 2013
somal:

We became muslim 1,300 years ago.

It was the other way around, Kushitic people controlled southern arabia
garbage! Crap! Utter nonsense,y'all did not become muslims all at the sametime,y'all niggas heard about islam 1,300yrs ago and the arabs started their jihad against y'all then
Re: Ethiopian Housemaids Abused In Rich Arab Countries! by somal: 12:48pm On Sep 28, 2013
Adamskuty: garbage! Crap! Utter nonsense,y'all did not become muslims all at the sametime,y'all niggas heard about islam 1,300yrs ago and the arabs started their jihad against y'all then

You are misinformed, is this an attempt for you to get me to teach you our history.

Cause It was the king of Ethiopia that led the arabs who ran away while being persecuted to settle in Zelia (present day north somalia), so they can practice Islam. They spread islam in the horn before it was even in Egypt, or Iraq.

How can they wage a jihad when they were in Abysinia as refugees. Somalis accepted Islam cause it was already alot like our indegenous religion.

After Somalis fully adopted Islam. We left established Islamic Sultanates.

Show me what war that was waged by arabs in the horn africa besides the one where Somalis and Turks defeated the Ethiopians and their portugese allies in 1500's.
Re: Ethiopian Housemaids Abused In Rich Arab Countries! by Adamskuty(m): 12:53pm On Sep 28, 2013
somal:

You are misinformed, is this an attempt for you to get me to teach you our history.

Cause It was the king of Ethiopia that led the arabs who ran away while being persecuted to settle in Zelia (present day north somalia), so they can practice Islam. They spread islam in the horn before it was even in Egypt, or Iraq.

How can they wage a jihad when they were in Abysinia as refugees. Somalis accepted Islam cause it was already alot like our indegenous religion.

After Somalis fully adopted Islam. We left established Islamic Sultanates.

Show me what war that was waged by arabs in the horn africa besides the one where Somalis and Turks defeated the Ethiopians and their portugese allies in 1500's.
garbage post,fake irrelevant history! Then how do y'all become muslims and few ethiopians are?? Lmaoo! grin
it's a well known fact that y'll are very cunny,the article is crap,the writer is a liar!
Re: Ethiopian Housemaids Abused In Rich Arab Countries! by somal: 12:59pm On Sep 28, 2013
Adamskuty: garbage post,fake irrelevant history! Then how do y'all become muslims and few ethiopians are?? Lmaoo! grin
it's a well known fact that y'll are very cunny,the article is crap,the writer is a liar!

There was never a war in the horn of africa between arabs and cushitc people.

Besides half of ethiopia is muslim. The oromos, somalis in ethiopia, afar are all muslim.
Re: Ethiopian Housemaids Abused In Rich Arab Countries! by somal: 1:01pm On Sep 28, 2013
Nearly all people in Somalia are Sunni Muslims. For more than 1400 years, Islam made a great part of Somali society.[1] Practicing Islam reinforces distinctions that further set Somalis apart from their immediate neighbors, many of whom are either Christians or adherents of indigenous faiths. The early Muslims sought refuge from persecution in cities on the northern Somali coast.

Islam was introduced to the northern Somali coast early on from the Arabian peninsula, shortly after the hijra. In the late 800s, Al-Yaqubi wrote that Muslims were living along the northern Somali seaboard.[4] He also mentioned that the Adal kingdom had its capital in the city,[4][5] suggesting that the Adal Sultanate with Zeila as its headquarters dates back to at least the 9th or 10th centuries. According to I.M. Lewis, the polity was governed by local dynasties consisting of Somalized Arabs or Arabized Somalis, who also ruled over the similarly-established Sultanate of Mogadishu in the Benadir region to the south. Adal's history from this founding period forth would be characterized by a succession of battles with neighbouring Abyssinia.[5]
Re: Ethiopian Housemaids Abused In Rich Arab Countries! by TerryCarr(m): 1:43pm On Sep 28, 2013
somal:

There was never a war in the horn of africa between arabs and cushitc people.

Besides half of ethiopia is muslim. The oromos, somalis in ethiopia, afar are all muslim.

Waaq (also Waq or Waaqa) is the name of God in the traditional Oromo religion, which only about 3% of the population of Oromia follows today, those who do usually living in the Borena Zone.

In the 2007 Ethiopian census in the 88% Oromo region of Oromia, 47.5% were Muslims, 30.5% Orthodox Christians, 17.7% Protestant Christian, 3.3% Traditional. Protestant Christianity is the fastest growing religion inside the Oromo community. In urban areas of Oromia, Orthodox Christianity constitute 51.2% of the population, followed by Islam 29.9% and Protestants 17.5%. But adherence to traditional practices and rituals is still common among many Oromo people regardless of religious background.
Re: Ethiopian Housemaids Abused In Rich Arab Countries! by somal: 1:47pm On Sep 28, 2013
TerryCarr:
Waaq (also Waq or Waaqa) is the name of God in the traditional Oromo religion, which only about 3% of the population of Oromia follows today, those who do usually living in the Borena Zone.

In the 2007 Ethiopian census in the 88% Oromo region of Oromia, 47.5% were Muslims, 30.5% Orthodox Christians, 17.7% Protestant Christian, 3.3% Traditional. Protestant Christianity is the fastest growing religion inside the Oromo community. In urban areas of Oromia, Orthodox Christianity constitute 51.2% of the population, followed by Islam 29.9% and Protestants 17.5%. But adherence to traditional practices and rituals is still common among many Oromo people regardless of religious background.

Waaq is the god somalis worshipped too, it was worshipped by the entire cush people

In somalia their are several cities name after Waq. Like Cabudwaq (literally means worship Waq) and Ceelwaq (well of god).

you can still see remnants of this indegenous religion in somali culture. From the way we dance to cities named after Waq.

Re: Ethiopian Housemaids Abused In Rich Arab Countries! by somal: 1:53pm On Sep 28, 2013
Re: Ethiopian Housemaids Abused In Rich Arab Countries! by Fulaman198(m): 2:00pm On Sep 28, 2013
Somal, can you please stay on topic, if you like, you can create a separate thread for various Somali cultural elements. I appreciate the fact that you are willing to share though.
Re: Ethiopian Housemaids Abused In Rich Arab Countries! by somal: 2:03pm On Sep 28, 2013
Fulaman198: Somal, can you please stay on topic, if you like, you can create a separate thread for various Somali cultural elements. I appreciate the fact that you are willing to share though.

Okay my black child.
Re: Ethiopian Housemaids Abused In Rich Arab Countries! by Adamskuty(m): 5:33pm On Sep 28, 2013
somal:

Okay my black child.

hahha! This is somalia11 a.k.a ayanle with a different identity ! Hahahha! grin
Re: Ethiopian Housemaids Abused In Rich Arab Countries! by somal: 5:34pm On Sep 28, 2013
Adamskuty: hahha! This is somalia11 a.k.a ayanle with a different identity ! Hahahha! grin

Who?
Re: Ethiopian Housemaids Abused In Rich Arab Countries! by Adamskuty(m): 5:52pm On Sep 28, 2013
somal:

Who?
u! Don't lie,u are ayanle.. , with a different account
Re: Ethiopian Housemaids Abused In Rich Arab Countries! by Nobody: 5:56pm On Sep 28, 2013
somal:

Who?

Shut up, u know what he is talking about, rabbit teeth
Re: Ethiopian Housemaids Abused In Rich Arab Countries! by somal: 5:59pm On Sep 28, 2013
Kingmojo:

Shut up, u know what he is talking about, rabbit teeth

Am clueless here. What are you guys talking about?

Re: Ethiopian Housemaids Abused In Rich Arab Countries! by Fulaman198(m): 7:35pm On Sep 28, 2013
Wow, what a clown lol

Hey Ayanle/Somal why don't you try some Fufu, don't hate on it appreciate it lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Do Men Give Women Wedding Ring? / Who Came First: Oduduwa Or Orunmila? / Somali Traditional Dress And Attire

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.