Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,880 members, 7,841,299 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 06:46 AM

You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? - Travel (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? (132057 Views)

Some Courses To Study In Nigeria Before Coming Over To America / I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by igbo2011(m): 3:46am On Oct 09, 2013
InvertedHammer:

It is not how one started that matters most; it is how one finished. By the way, I was talking about production/
manufacture of goods and not the inventions.

How many African inventions are patented? Africans might have invented stuff but they usually lack finesse or government protection
from intellectual poachers. Just like biblical Joseph, your people will sell you out for peanuts. Are you aware that left to Africans,
slavery would have continued? They wouldn't mind issuing coupons or Buy 1 get 1 free for pecuniary gains. It is a lot easier to
blame whitemen for buying slaves without blaming the local chiefs that forcefully sold their people. Demand for slavery was abolished
and that was why the supply stopped. Go figure!

If you come up with any invention today, your fellow Africans will be the ones that will make sure that it does not see the light of the
day.

Looking for venture capitalists? Look towards the west
Most African countries don;t have the industrial infrastructure base to produce. Africa is meant to be a permanent cheap labor, cheap resources and consumer market. The global capitalist system is designed that way. If people don't obey they get bombed ie Libya.
Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by Originalsly: 4:22am On Oct 09, 2013
nyt3237:

Walter rodney is refering to undevelopment of africa prior to 1960. All african countries are now independent. How is that still affecting us . You claim to be educated stop thinking like 1753 caveman
Isn't Africa still underdeveloped? Yes...all African countries have gained Independence...but are they independent? ....if you know the difference you may be able to see how it is still affecting us. Where or when did I claim to be "educated"? I never knew my thinking was like a 1763 caveman...who would know better than you? Abeg...deal with the message and not the messenger.
Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by whitecat007: 5:02am On Oct 09, 2013
Why the comparisons? I hope you know that money given to charity in the US is given back to the donor when taxes are filed, so pdiddy is getting his money back from uncle Sam
anonimi:

I wonder what your real problem is to make you spew out pure lies against others.
Was it not just a few days ago we read, right here on NL, about P.Diddy giving $250k to encourage teen entrepreneurs and a Nigerian-American was one of the two winners of the 25k prize

https://www.nairaland.com/1466549/p.diddy-donates-250k-nigerian-student

Are you unaware of the girls LEADERSHIP academy/school Oprah built in South Africa?

https://www.nairaland.com/1436498/oprah-winfrey-leadership-academy-girls#18071585

Or that Serena Williams has built two schools and is planning a third one in Kenya?

http://www.theswf.org/aboutus.htm

Bill Cosby has been promoting education and good parenting among blacks- the pillars for enduring individual and group success.

Most wealthy black Amerricans are now engaged in MEANINGFUL philantropic activities. This is different from the dash money that our Nigerian "philantropists" do only to get favours from their people in order to scam them even more.
Probably that is what you are whining about.That has not helped and will not help us.

It is ALWAYS better to teach a man how to fish than to dash him fish every now & then.

3 Likes

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by InvertedHammer: 5:26am On Oct 09, 2013
igbo2011:
Most African countries don;t have the industrial infrastructure base to produce. Africa is meant to be a permanent cheap labor, cheap resources and consumer market. The global capitalist system is designed that way. If people don't obey they get bombed ie Libya.

We keep crying about the underdevelopment of Africa. Instead of generalization, we should blame the real culprits.
Average Americans and other citizens of the developed world hate them. They leave misery in their trails while using
the media to sugarcoat their agenda.

They are bankers and corporations!

They take no prisoners. Whether you are white, black or brown; their concern is their bottomlines. In 2008, the whole
world felt the impact of their machination. They engineered and sold complicated and incomprehensible financial
gimmicks to the world. In the end, a good number of Americans and citizens of the West were left holding
empty bags. It is never about racism or master-slave relationship. They will bribe whoever they could, degrade
wherever is degradable and use the media to heckle the hell of non-players.

However, the problem of Africa is more internal than it is external

6 Likes

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by Nobody: 9:43am On Oct 09, 2013
InvertedHammer:

We keep crying about the underdevelopment of Africa. Instead of generalization, we should blame the real culprits.
Average Americans and other citizens of the developed world hate them. They leave misery in their trails while using
the media to sugarcoat their agenda.

They are bankers and corporations!

They take no prisoners. Whether you are white, black or brown; their concern is their bottomlines. In 2008, the whole
world felt the impact of their machination. They engineered and sold complicated and incomprehensible financial
gimmicks to the world. In the end, a good number of Americans and citizens of the West were left holding
empty bags. It is never about racism or master-slave relationship. They will bribe whoever they could, degrade
wherever is degradable and use the media to heckle the hell of non-players.

However, the problem of Africa is more internal than it is external

@inverted Hammer First of all I must say I like your arguement ,they are Logicaland coherent not like the other guy he reasons cos he has been in Nigeria all his life and has not gone out even to ghana to dicover how things go in the world as for me my Interview for US visa is next month I pray I get it do my masters work a lil and cut my cloth according to my size as u have said Thanks so much u have shown that there I voice of reason on Nairaland and the other guy Thoth or whatever u are. Ure a learner sit there and let people make money while languishing in poverty here

3 Likes

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by anonimi: 10:00am On Oct 09, 2013
whitecat007: Why the comparisons? I hope you know that money given to charity in the US is given back to the donor when taxes are filed, so pdiddy is getting his money back from uncle Sam

and there is no such provision in Nigerian tax laws?
If there is not, why don't we petition our lawmakers to amend the constitution accordingly as the Americans, whom we copied from, have done many times over

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by anonimi: 10:10am On Oct 09, 2013
igbo2011:

Don't you think we should stop giving ourselves REDUNDANT excuses in the face of glaring evidence to the contrary
China was colonised terribly by Japan, was a destination for cheap labour a few decades ago. They invested massively in FUNCTIONAL, CREATIVE education and now export jobs to other countries such as Ethiopia in Africa because the general Chinese labour is no longer cheap.
India is gradually on that track too.
These countries and other SE Asian tigers were not bombed.
Ghaddafi gave Sarkozy money for his presidential campaign. That did not stop him from leading the international alliance to help the Libyan people eject Ghaddafi from his presidential palace. Any sensible foreign partner knows it must align with the people's wish if it wants to continue engaging profitably with the country's leaders.
You don't row your boat against the tide!!!
QED.

The "global capitalists" have moved to newer places such as Bangladesh, Vietnam etc for cheap labour. It is up to their governments (i.e. their people) to decide to suffer and invest in education so that in future they will not be slaves still to the "global capitalists".

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by 9icegee: 11:26am On Oct 09, 2013
this thread has been de-railed. I tink its time to un-follow it...
Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by cap28: 2:20pm On Oct 09, 2013
InvertedHammer:
[b]

What solutions are you advocating? Kill all whitemen? Look around you everything you use was developed by them. What do you
manufacture? You import even toothpicks!

You are just tap-dancing around the issue and I am done with arguing back and forth with you. The root cause of the problems you are
latching unto is beyond your means. It is beyond the means of other developed countries because the format for the world economy
was developed by the West and the rest follows. What alternatives do you have? Nada. Zil! Zero!

You can elect to keep harping on wishful thinking or embrace practical approach to alleviating the suffering of the masses. Give
them basic infrastructures that will help drive private sector and middle class. I don't know which part of this you find extremely
difficult to understand.

For the love of Christ, the whole world is not centered around Nigeria. If your leaders don't want to get it right. So be it. It is quiet
disturbing that you will leave the source of your problems to blame others. Do you know how retar.ded you sound?

As inter alia stated, Nigerians need basic amenities and couldn't care less about all these macro-economics you are throwing
around. You keep saying "problem with Africans". Why don't you remove the ignorant log on your eyes first. I gave you
examples and you still don't get it. The major setback for Nigeria is corruption. Take it or leave it. I am done with you
[/b]

inverted hammer you keep going back to this position of blaming the victim, africa had its own civilsations prior to the arrival of the europeans, when they arrived on our shores they marvelled at our level of development, empires like ghana, songhai and mali of west africa were held in very high esteem by these same europeans that you are deifying. their only advantage over us was the gun which they used to destroy our civilisations.

Whether you want to accept it or not we are in a trap which the west has kept us in for the past 400 years. that trap is that we must remain subservient to them and never compete economically with them or else they will bomb and destry our country - i have already given you examples of african countries that have fallen foul of this rule. The only solution is for us to allign with a power like china or even iran in order to counter any attempt that they may make to stop us from developing.

What happened to Gadaffi when he tried to set up an african central bank which would compete with the IMF and the World bank - how about when he tried to float a gold currency which europe and america would have been forced to use to purchase oil from african oil producing countries! Please read, read and read history and i dont mean biased accounts of history written by racist europeans.

You make it sound as if without the west we would die in africa - are you aware that the BRICS nations have started trading with each other without using the US dollar, even some european countries dont want anything to do with the dollar because of its depreciating value, china also has bilateral trade agreements with many far east asian countries like malaysia, singapore, etc it doesnt need america any more in addition china's trade with africa has quadrupled in the last 10 years. The US and the european nations are just parasitic nations who built their wealth on the backs of african slave labour and today they continue to cheat and exploit african nations using their financial institutions, trading with them is of very little benefit to africa.

5 Likes

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by dasparrow: 2:26pm On Oct 09, 2013
cap28:

inverted hammer you keep going back to this position of blaming the victim, africa had its own civilsations prior to the arrival of the europeans, when they arrived on our shores they marvelled at our level of development, empires like ghana, songhai and mali of west africa were held in very high esteem by these same europeans that you are deifying. their only advantage over us was the gun which they used to destroy our civilisations.

Whether you want to accept it or not we are in a trap which the west has kept us in for the past 400 years. that trap is that we must remain subservient to them and never compete economically with them or else they will bomb and destry our country - i have already given you examples of african countries that have fallen foul of this rule. The only solution is for us to allign with a power like china or even iran in order to counter any attempt that they may make to stop us from developing.

What happened to Gadaffi when he tried to set up an african central bank which would compete with the IMF and the World bank - how about when he tried to float a gold currency which europe and america would have been forced to use to purchase oil from african oil producing countries! Please read, read and read history and i dont mean biased accounts of history written by racist europeans.

You make it sound as if without the west we would die in africa - are you aware that the BRICS nations have started trading with each other without using the US dollar, even some european countries dont want anything to do with the dollar because of its depreciating value, china also has bilateral trade agreements with many far east asian countries like malaysia, singapore, etc it doesnt need america any more in addition china's trade with africa has quadrupled in the last 10 years. The US and the european nations are just parasitic nations who built their wealth on the backs of african slave labour and today they continue to cheat and exploit african nations using their financial institutions, trading with them is of very little benefit to africa.

Very well said!
Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by edimop: 4:41pm On Oct 09, 2013
dasparrow: @Post

OP, God bless you for this thread. You see, America had been my residence for almost 14 years. I remember when I was coming to America in the late 90s, friends in Europe warned me not to go but I stubbornly did not listen because I was carried away by what I saw on MTV and BET. When I arrived in the USA, my eye come clear. America is nothing like what she portrays herself to be. Infact, America brings out the worst in people oftentimes. You see people asking their family relatives to pay rent even though said family relative(s) is/are unemployed. You see some Nigerians calling immigration on their fellow Nigerians who have not yet sorted out their immigration palaver. You see some Nigerians spending the whole paycheck of their fellow family member who had just migrated to America and had just started working.

Most Americans live from paycheck to paycheck. Debt is a huge issue. Most Americans have mortgage loans, car loans, student loans, credit card debts, infact, 'gbese' all the way. Without credit cards, most Americans cannot survive. The American society is largely a debt-driven society. They encourage you to get into debt so that you can have a credit history. Without a credit history, you can't do much in America.
Afocus minded persn can always survive in america........most peep here who find things so though are peep wtout papers and those wt lesser infos.but i tell u,america is blessed.Where i stay in new york,mehn.......there's nofin lik such pix u posted,maybe there r some places like dat anyway,buh for all i knw abt where i am nw,ts very much beta dan VGC in lagos.i tell u bro,there's no place one cant survive,ts mindset and being focus that differenciate peep.America is a principled country where laws and order r in ts peak.....dey take no shit frm any1 and fiZ
The racism is something else in America as well. You walk into a store and the whites think you want to steal. Sometimes they stalk you. The average american will harass you because of your accent, your African name, and threat you like crap once they find out that you come from a 3rd world country or from Africa. In America, you have nice neighborhoods and then you have the run down, crime-ridden neighborhoods which you find mostly in the inner cities. Many neighborhoods that have mostly black people and Latino residents in them are poverty-stricken but not all of course. Many neighborhoods are racially segregated especially in New York city.

Overall, America is just there. I truly believe that there are other more tolerant advanced societies an African immigrant can live a good life in. One just has to search. However, as for me, USA just ain't it. Yes, you have constant electricity, water, fast internet access, good universities and the likes. But, the average American will always remind you that you are not part of them no matter how long you reside in the USA and that is the gospel truth. I know some Nigerians will come on this thread and start defending America like their roots lie in that country or like that lives depended on it. However, I believe in telling it as it is. Many Nigerians love lying anyway so that they can keep boosting to their relatives in Nigeria and making themselves feel relevant. The truth however must be told so that people who wish to migrate to USA can make an informed decision. Shalom!
Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by unmask: 7:16pm On Oct 09, 2013
But seriously I find it hard to believe some Nigerians blame the west for all our problems..... Funny.... Real funny

One even said that was why the igbos wanted to pull out (it is no longer because of the progrom)

If Nigeria likes it should divide.... The same problems will still be there or are they planning to divide to 250 tribes?

Or have we forgotten the issue of the female judge that couldn't be judge? Or the priest that caused a protest?

I can't argue anything neither am I ready to read any book written by someone trying to gain black sympathisers....

But Nigerians are nigeria's problem

1 Like

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by InvertedHammer: 7:56pm On Oct 09, 2013
unmask: But seriously I find it hard to believe some Nigerians blame the west for all our problems..... Funny.... Real funny

One even said that was why the igbos wanted to pull out (it is no longer because of the progrom)

If Nigeria likes it should divide.... The same problems will still be there or are they planning to divide to 250 tribes?

Or have we forgotten the issue of the female judge that couldn't be judge? Or the priest that caused a protest?

I can't argue anything neither am I ready to read any book written by someone trying to gain black sympathisers....

No mind them.

The one that pains me the most is that even in Diaspora they still carry that nonchalant Nigeria attitude. Most of the
Nigeria organizations in Diaspora cannot organize themselves. Embezzlement here, non-transparency there! Most of
them are still in court as we argue. Succession wahala. Fellow Nigerians calling immigration to deport others b/c
of minor arguments. Recently, they have upgraded to calling people's jobs to get them fired. These are few examples of
how Nigerians are their worst enemies. Yet, they are quick to point accusing fingers to imaginary enemies. It is always
the devil's fault, that is if you get caught.

Nigerians are their own problem. They are victims of their own undoing.

Guess what? It is a free world. Everyone is entitled to his/her opinion.
Could you believe that someone who claimed omnipotent and an avid reader suggested that we align with China?
China! He even mentioned Iran. Hahaha. China does not take prisoners.

Moving on. Gov. Chime of Enugu engaged Arab Contractors to build Enugu because local contractors were doing shoddy jobs and most
often than not playing Houdini with mobilization fees. Now you can at least see some semblance of development in Enugu. I did not see
USA send in Special Forces and the Marines to kill him. A governor like Fashola is still alive with the little improvement he is making.
Has he been assassinated? No! My point is that whatever macro-economic "draft" oyibo is playing on global level is not a reason for
embezzling or looting funds meant for development of Nigeria. But Thot thinks he has all the answers b/c he read a couple of books
without considering the bias of the authors. Experience is a good teacher. I don't need any textbook to teach me the life we are living.
The type of business I am into gives me all the exposures I need in international politics and how underdeveloped nations have nobody
to blame but themselves.

I have travelled far and wide...countries in Asia, Europe, South America, North America. Not bragging. I fly into Nigeria 2 or 3 times every year. Flying into Nigeria at night is like going to hell. Thanks to PHCN. In other countries, you can see the beauty of the city from the sky.
Perhaps, NEPA is being controlled by the West.

//

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by 9icegee: 9:50pm On Oct 09, 2013
time to un-follow this derailed thread...

1 Like

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by thoth: 12:39am On Oct 10, 2013
unmask: But seriously I find it hard to believe some Nigerians blame the west for all our problems..... Funny.... Real funny

You should read the AHIARA DECLARATION to get a better understanding of the why he may have said that.
Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by thoth: 1:09am On Oct 10, 2013
InvertedHammer:

No mind them.

The one that pains me the most is that even in Diaspora they still carry that nonchalant Nigeria attitude. Most of the
Nigeria organizations in Diaspora cannot organize themselves. Embezzlement here, non-transparency there! Most of
them are still in court as we argue. Succession wahala. Fellow Nigerians calling immigration to deport others b/c
of minor arguments. Recently, they have upgraded to calling people's jobs to get them fired. These are few examples of
how Nigerians are their worst enemies. Yet, they are quick to point accusing fingers to imaginary enemies. It is always
the devil's fault, that is if you get caught.

Nigerians are their own problem. They are victims of their own undoing.

Guess what? It is a free world. Everyone is entitled to his/her opinion.
Could you believe that someone who claimed omnipotent and an avid reader suggested that we align with China?
China! He even mentioned Iran. Hahaha. China do not take prisoners.

Moving on. Gov. Chime of Enugu engaged Arab Contractors to build Enugu because local contractors were doing shoddy jobs and most
often than not playing Houdini with mobilization fees. Now you can at least see some semblance of development in Enugu. I did not see
USA send in Special Forces and the Marines to kill him. A governor like Fashola is still alive with the little improvement he is making.
Has he been assassinated? No! My point is that whatever macro-economic "draft" oyibo is playing on global level is not a reason for
embezzling or looting funds meant for development of Nigeria. But Thot thinks he has all the answers b/c he read a couple of books
without considering the bias of the authors. Experience is a good teacher. I don't need any textbook to teach me the life we are living.
The type of business I am into gives me all the exposures I need in international politics and how underdeveloped nations have nobody
to blame but themselves.

I have travelled far and wide...countries in Asia, Europe, South America, North America. Not bragging. I fly into Nigeria 2 or 3 times every year. Flying into Nigeria at night is like going to hell. Thanks to PHCN. In other countries, you can see the beauty of the city from the sky.
Perhaps, NEPA is being controlled by the West.

//
Have you ever heard an expression that goes like “ A blind Man with four eyes” ?

Majority of Black people think like you and they will wonder why they can't move forward.

After they have failed many times deep down they will have this hidden fear that the White man might be smarter than them after all. That fear sinks them deeper to surrender. They ask themselves why they can only see what is in front of them and not what lies behind it.

Several years after Sacking Mobutu Sese Seko ,Laurent Kabila was under serious pressure from Europe and the west to free up his nations resources, they even control parts of his country and refused to leave. Twice a plot to assassinate his has been thwarted and the Israelis were determined to get their hands on all the mines in Congo.

On a speech to his personal panel he said “ It is not that the white man is smarter than us, it is not that we are stupid, it is that for the time we had, we have never really studied the nature of the white man and how he operates(his way of doing things)

You can't force me to spell things out for you.
Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by rusher14: 5:43am On Oct 10, 2013
thoth:

Have you ever heard an expression that goes like “ A blind Man with four eyes” ?

Majority of Black people think like you and they will wonder why they can't move forward.

After they have failed many times deep down they will have this hidden fear that the White man might be smarter than them after all. That fear sinks them deeper to surrender. They ask themselves why they can only see what is in front of them and not what lies behind it.

Several years after Sacking Mobutu Sese Seko ,Laurent Kabila was under serious pressure from Europe and the west to free up his nations resources, they even control parts of his country and refused to leave. Twice a plot to assassinate his has been thwarted and the Israelis were determined to get their hands on all the mines in Congo.

On a speech to his personal panel he said “ It is not that the white man is smarter than us, it is not that we are stupid, it is that for the time we had, we have never really studied the nature of the white man and how he operates(his way of doing things)

You can't force me to spell things out for you.
Looking at your neighbors for your own failings is like a snail blaming speed on the gazelle.

So, on the contrary, i think the inverted one got it spot on.

The failure of the black race is down to the black race full stop.

Stop looking outside for the source of your predicament and you would find an inward solution to any problems you encounter.

I don't know Inverted Hammer but from my experience pacesetters and goal-getters are made of such.

Eschew this paranoia and seek to find your niche as an individual, a leader and part of a society and you would thrive.

Of course, I acknowledge other schools of thought but this pusillanimous, shadow-chasing exercise often ends in futility.

We can not and must not live in awe, fear or constant obeisance of other races.

The solution lies within and this has been encapsulated by previous contributions following the theme of Inverted Hammer.

Let's wake up from our slumber.

6 Likes

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by Pasca07: 5:15pm On Oct 10, 2013
Inverter,pls ignore all dis people, every sensible person knows that all those assertions you have been saying is 100 percent right.just ignore them and let them wallow in their illusion.

1 Like

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by Ugosample(m): 9:56pm On Oct 13, 2013
anonimi:

Don't you think we should stop giving ourselves REDUNDANT excuses in the face of glaring evidence to the contrary
China was colonised terribly by Japan, was a destination for cheap labour a few decades ago. They invested massively in FUNCTIONAL, CREATIVE education and now export jobs to other countries such as Ethiopia in Africa because the general Chinese labour is no longer cheap.
India is gradually on that track too.
These countries and other SE Asian tigers were not bombed.
Ghaddafi gave Sarkozy money for his presidential campaign. That did not stop him from leading the international alliance to help the Libyan people eject Ghaddafi from his presidential palace. Any sensible foreign partner knows it must align with the people's wish if it wants to continue engaging profitably with the country's leaders.
You don't row your boat against the tide!!!
QED.

The "global capitalists" have moved to newer places such as Bangladesh, Vietnam etc for cheap labour. It is up to their governments (i.e. their people) to decide to suffer and invest in education so that in future they will not be slaves still to the "global capitalists".

Thank you! For us to develop, we must determine in our hearts to develop, and we also have to say the requisite sacrifice (this is the aspect in which many of us fail ) If development will cause us a little discomfort, let us endure for the future of the country. A country thrives on value creation (manufacturing) and capacity utilization. Without these two, even if such country recieves 100 billioo dollars, there will still be no development. Intra regional trade is also to be encouraged, since Europe charges high duties on manufactured goods from Africa, let us produce our high quality stuff and sell among each other e.g. Ghana selling its chocolates in Nigeria, Nigeria selling home made cement to Cameroon, Cameroon selling their high quality textiles to Gambia, Gambia selling tourism to the whole me Africa, and south africa selling its home made cars to Angolans. This will boost the income in Africa because these goods are home made and sold and thus there are things to buy. But this might not happen due to the short short sightedness of many here. What a pity.

1 Like

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by chiwuike20: 10:25am On Oct 17, 2013
igbo2011:

@Cap28
You have to understand that the MINDSET of vast majority of Nigerians (And black people around the world) is the thing holding us back. Why is it that in Nigeria you will see many Nigerians wearing shirts with flags on the, the countries are Germany, Britain, America. Why do Nigerians wear the flags of their oppressors? Is that white man forcing them to do that? Why is it that during the "royal baby" there were many black people going to see the royal baby. Isn't it crazy how that baby's ancestors tried to commit genocide on us? They also enslave, colonized and continue to neocolonize us. They portray us badly on media, steal our history, mis educate us and we love them so much? We have stockholm syndrome to the MAX. We love and worship whites nd hate our own people. White supremacy is nothing without black compliance. You know how blacks are treated badly in the west, why don't we treat whites badly in Africa? NOOO We love the expats. We wear European cloths, speak European langues, have European standard of beauty, give our kids European names, aspire to be like them. Nigeiran artists film many of their videos in America, Europe or South Africa. They worship the light skinned women. WOrship Italian designers. We give them good jobs in our countries even though they only give us bad jobs or stereotypical ones (entertainer) in their country. We spend billions of dollars importing Brazilian, Indian, Korean hair.

I have talked to a Nigerian and he said that everyone wants to be white. We were talking about business and he told me that I should bring H and M to Nigeria. WHY SO they can import everything and send all profits to Europe which will lower our foreign exchange. And this man said this after having a university degree. With this mindset we will ALWAYS be in our situation. I also talked to some Nigerians in London and I told them that the war in Libya and how America and Britain financed it and caused hell to Nigerians and other blacks who died in the black genocide. Instead of standing up for them they made an excuse for them. Then said if you can't beat them join them. I have spoken with so many black people around the world We have a severe case of mental slavery. This is the WORST form of slavery.

We need more Pan Africanist nationalistic black people around the world then our situation will be a lot better. We must not blame whites for everything. We are too selfish as well. I talked to someone and asked him if there was a war in Nigeria and people were going to exterminate Nigerians would he go back and fight them off, he said no because he might lose his American citizenship. Instead of caring about the SURVIVAL OF HIS PEOPLE he cares about his citizenship. Too selfish. We must change our mindset first and foremost.
Just want to react to what u said about blacks wanting to adopt white culture and civilization(language, dressing, sports, architecture, arts, music, etc). Why won't blacks want to adopt a superior culture and civilization when humans are progressive in nature/reasoning( wanting a better job, clothes, fone, education, food, house, furniture etc). On this issue, the only way u can justify ur claim is to reject anything western eg clothing(including any fabric made in d west ) and mode of dressing(trousers, shirts, inner wears, medicine, furniture, plates, fones, house(including cement made by western technologies) car, food, shoe, creams, milk, education, pipe borne water etc. For u to refer to people who wear clothing with western insignias on dem as slaves mentally, u makes urself a bigger slave by having a western education or better still, 4 uttering anything western

2 Likes

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by igbo2011(m): 3:16am On Oct 22, 2013
chiwuike20:
Just want to react to what u said about blacks wanting to adopt white culture and civilization(language, dressing, sports, architecture, arts, music, etc). Why won't blacks want to adopt a superior culture and civilization when humans are progressive in nature/reasoning( wanting a better job, clothes, fone, education, food, house, furniture etc). On this issue, the only way u can justify ur claim is to reject anything western eg clothing(including any fabric made in d west ) and mode of dressing(trousers, shirts, inner wears, medicine, furniture, plates, fones, house(including cement made by western technologies) car, food, shoe, creams, milk, education, pipe borne water etc. For u to refer to people who wear clothing with western insignias on dem as slaves mentally, u makes urself a bigger slave by having a western education or better still, 4 uttering anything western

Why is everything European better? Africans civilized the Europeans!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLk50p7YdK0
Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by ockeeyockstar89(m): 3:55am On Oct 23, 2013
Interesting answers here...as an african american born and raised in this so called "land of opportunity" or land of the free. I can tell you for sure that the majority of americans be black brown or white has a tough time just getting by living paycheck to paycheck or on goverment dependent programs. What you see in the movies and media about this place is BS. Everyone isn't rich or has it easy. Thats only about 1% of the population that lives that ...no exaggeration. Another thing as a black...life in this country definitely isn't going to be easy on you unless you have a good credit history which for a foreigner may be hard to do a college or some kind of further education or your family is deeply connected into racist politics here or would kiss the whites ass which i would not recommend...expect to be discriminated against especially by non black americans...like I said we all have it tough but blacks here really are worst off but at the same time who can we really blame...if we want better for ourselves the chsnge starts with US and not waiting or depending on the white man or these other racist corrupt leaders of this country...but discrimination racism I experienced it and also saw and heard of other foreign blacks experience it as well. It don't matter what our differences are whether your from africa the carribean or an american born black...guess what to the whites were all looked down on and viewed the same way but...on the opposite note america can be what you make it...alll black areas are not like w hat you saw in those pictures...there is some middle class upper class and even wealthy black communities in this country and had it not been for blacks here wanting integration...there would have been possibly thousands more...but there still could be more even our own neighborhoods could be just as nice if not better looking than those white suburbs they show in the media if the blacks here just took care of where they lived again it starts with US. But at the end of the day take pride in what ever you do especially in your own people...there's more to what I have to say but can't think of it right now...but will remember later until then that is just my 2cents

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by dunk2011: 6:51am On Nov 16, 2013
Another senseless thread....there is no comparison btw USA and Nigeria.... If you haven't been to us. Don't listen any of this guys , United States is a land of making your dreams come true ( as far as you are ready to work hard )......Nigeria is a corrupted and infested with evil and heartless people .......shhhhh......

1 Like

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by edimop: 3:25pm On Nov 16, 2013
dunk2011: Another senseless thread....there is no comparison btw USA and Nigeria.... If you haven't been to us. Don't listen any of this guys , United States is a land of making your dreams come true ( as far as you are ready to work hard )......Nigeria is a corrupted and infested with evil and heartless people .......shhhhh......
yeap.......I guess d persn haven't been to d united states,he's jst saying and writting by assumptions.I am in d US and have seen wt my eyes hw US is,why won't I survive,if I ws able to survive in naija.........jst tryin to discourage those who's dreams r set already.As far as am here,things r getting bera and bera.......

1 Like

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by edimop: 3:35pm On Nov 16, 2013
ockeeyockstar89: Interesting answers here...as an african american born and raised in this so called "land of opportunity" or land of the free. I can tell you for sure that the majority of americans be black brown or white has a tough time just getting by living paycheck to paycheck or on goverment dependent programs. What you see in the movies and media about this place is BS. Everyone isn't rich or has it easy. Thats only about 1% of the population that lives that ...no exaggeration. Another thing as a black...life in this country definitely isn't going to be easy on you unless you have a good credit history which for a foreigner may be hard to do a college or some kind of further education or your family is deeply connected into racist politics here or would kiss the whites ass which i would not recommend...expect to be discriminated against especially by non black americans...like I said we all have it tough but blacks here really are worst off but at the same time who can we really blame...if we want better for ourselves the chsnge starts with US and not waiting or depending on the white man or these other racist corrupt leaders of this country...but discrimination racism I experienced it and also saw and heard of other foreign blacks experience it as well. It don't matter what our differences are whether your from africa the carribean or an american born black...guess what to the whites were all looked down on and viewed the same way but...on the opposite note america can be what you make it...alll black areas are not like w hat you saw in those pictures...there is some middle class upper class and even wealthy black communities in this country and had it not been for blacks here wanting integration...there would have been possibly thousands more...but there still could be more even our own neighborhoods could be just as nice if not better looking than those white suburbs they show in the media if the blacks here just took care of where they lived again it starts with US. But at the end of the day take pride in what ever you do especially in your own people...there's more to what I have to say but can't think of it right now...but will remember later until then that is just my 2cents
pls why ds blackmails and castigations?.....hav u ever bin to d united states before?is ur own country better?and why tryin to scare peep who hav interest in migrating to d United state?I am in d united state and hav never regretted ever being,so wats ds crab all abt and wat point r u tryin to pin @,dat one shud continue in d same condition he found himself over years in his country and die in t?mehn......keep puttin blames while peep r making t big out here.D fact dat u don't dream of coming here shudnt make u scare odas frm doin so.......migration is by choice,there is no place ts bed of roses even in d country where u r,buh here,there's value for ur life and family....value for dollar and u cn get wat u wnt as long as u work for t.u don't xpect live to be easy wen u r lazy.....u gat to work t out and sure,u wil always smile.pls don't discourage odas,d fact that it didn't work for u doesn't mean ts nt gonna work for anoda.tnx

6 Likes

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by tinacrl01(m): 12:26pm On Dec 10, 2013
edimop: pls why ds blackmails and castigations?.....hav u ever bin to d united states before?is ur own country better?and why tryin to scare peep who hav interest in migrating to d United state?I am in d united state and hav never regretted ever being,so wats ds crab all abt and wat point r u tryin to pin @,dat one shud continue in d same condition he found himself over years in his country and die in t?mehn......keep puttin blames while peep r making t big out here.D fact dat u don't dream of coming here shudnt make u scare odas frm doin so.......migration is by choice,there is no place ts bed of roses even in d country where u r,buh here,there's value for ur life and family....value for dollar and u cn get wat u wnt as long as u work for t.u don't xpect live to be easy wen u r lazy.....u gat to work t out and sure,u wil always smile.pls don't discourage odas,d fact that it didn't work for u doesn't mean ts nt gonna work for anoda.tnx

GOD bless YOU mr edimop, dnt mind them they are talking nonsence hisssssssss
Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by edimop: 2:06am On Dec 11, 2013
tina_crl01:

GOD bless YOU mr edimop, dnt mind them they are talking nonsence hisssssssss
thank u jawe.........Giving ur life a meaning is by choice and nt by persuation.......cos persuation will always lead to incomplete mission.
Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by lockupman(m): 3:28am On Nov 19, 2014
[b][/b]IF is a conditional statement..until then. America here I come.

if nigeria develops basic amenities, then i see no difference.......... and ozo emeka didnt add insurance, especially health insurance or else the dakota car wash manager would die of common cold......
Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by lockupman(m): 9:13am On Nov 19, 2014
I totally agree with you.

unmask:
But seriously I find it hard to believe some Nigerians blame the west for all our problems..... Funny.... Real funny

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by L2CD766: 10:49pm On Feb 22, 2015
bump

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (Reply)

Illegal Immigrant: My Near Death And Terrible Experience In Malaysia / Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally / I Am Traveling From Asaba To Onitsha Today, This Is How Prepared I Am (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.