Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,047 members, 7,825,334 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 11:56 AM

You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? - Travel (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? (131824 Views)

Some Courses To Study In Nigeria Before Coming Over To America / I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by Moana(f): 12:39am On Feb 23, 2015
I think people shouldn't have the mentality that once they go overseas they will start picking money in a bin, that's what leads other people into sticky situations.

You go abroad seeking greener pastures? Fine do it! But dont expect it to come on a silver platter! Good pay comes with hard work too

3 Likes

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by lovettett(f): 10:05am On Aug 22, 2015
Intresting thread. I want to say dat nowhere is easy to live in. U wil not be picking money from the streets. But wt hard work, ,determination n honesty one can live anywhere n be successful once u ve a system dat works n is alive to its responsibility. If anybody wants to migrate to America legally or otherwise, by all means do so. But get there n be humble n calm. Don't get involve in crime. Things can really work for u. I ve seen it happen

5 Likes

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by LatestTrend: 3:54pm On Sep 11, 2015
Nice One grin
Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by Obalende: 7:23am On Sep 15, 2015
My research shows Maine, new hampshire and Vermont are very peaceful US states.

For me my problem with America is shootings.

3 Likes

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by mikeud22: 8:03pm On Nov 14, 2015
Hey Guys, its true America is not easy, but please stop discouraging your fellow Nigerians. the truth is that if you have a good job or better business its not a place for you, but if you are hungry and you need a better life and you want to start afresh. my brother the suffer in USA is far much better than the one in Nigeria. any how you will eat good food. but by the time you stay longer you will get to no places and pple then you can fix yourself. i am barley few weeks in USA now, although i have not gotten any job, but i see more prospect in USA than Nigeria. Bros i lost my job, i was stranded, eating was a problem but thank God for fate. i know am going to make it. so if you have faith like me go ahead and get your visa.
A letter for discouragers if you think usa is better than Nigeria, stop discouraging pple, close your mouth and come back. start applying for jobs or better still open a company if you have money.
i really get pissed off seeing pple discouraging others while they are still there.

PLS STOP

12 Likes

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by Alubosa: 8:48pm On Nov 14, 2015
Obalende:
My research shows Maine, new hampshire and Vermont are very peaceful US states.

For me my problem with America is shootings.

Gbam!!!!

And instead of Obama to push for the guns control bill, he was busy lobbying congress to pass the gay right law.

2 Likes

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by Moana(f): 4:53am On Nov 15, 2015
ozoemeka:

6. The America on TV is NOT the same as the REAL America. The skyscrapers and beautiful scenes from Tv shows and movies are just in a few places. Downtown, NYC, Miami, LA, DC. Just like you have SOME VERY beautiful places in Abuja, and Lagos. The real america, sometimes looks like this

[img]http://swordattheready.files./2013/07/black-ghetto.jpg[/img]
(this is actually a GOOD picture of NY) ask

Bmore

[img]http://4.bp..com/-Jj_rbhvlrxc/TwdyQ7MMhHI/AAAAAAAACtI/8iJR4M2NiGA/s1600/baltimore%2Bghetto.jpg[/img]
Miami
MIAMI
Miami
Florida
Los Angeles
LA
Oakland California
Atlanta
Atlanta
Washington DC, couple blocks from the White House, you can see this mess from the white house

most of these buildings look they have been deemed destroyed (hence the boards on the door and window panels) and there are no longer fit for human habitation. Can we see pictures of where average people actually live?

6 Likes

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by Beanwalker20(m): 9:55am On Oct 21, 2016
Those people talking about How hard it is to live in America are not that wrong. But if you went there with study visa you can still live a normal life but don't forget someone will be sponsoring you or let's say you're loaded. And if you're lucky you might get a pay per hour job to help finance yourself. But if you went the to hustle ( grin) you must be ready to face Anything even death and this is what they're trying to tell us. You might be surprise with what you will encounter so before you go make up your mind that you're going there to make it no matter How hard it is.

2 Likes

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by DrSleekQas(m): 11:27am On Oct 29, 2016
If America ain't good then come back ... Stop discouraging people.. Head different from head... Enough of D's negativity

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by Nobody: 12:18am On Oct 30, 2016
This ozo guy is a clown sha. The America he is discouraging people from going with the useless facts he Most likely got from an American website is the America he was born in and the same America that he believes teaches how to speak the English that he is using to insult his father's age mates because he choose to make a point in pidgin. Hypocrite! Op Please move this thread to JOKES.

6 Likes

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by LastProphet: 10:21am On Oct 30, 2016
donsax:
NO matter the racist, no matter the ghetto...No matter the debt......America is still far better than Nigeria in all way....
Why don't Ya' all retrn back home ifyou think you can't cope with all these...you are there pushing it and you encourage people that wanna come to stay back home..do you know the current country situation? That's why a thread was created that people in Nigeria hate Nigerians abroad...because they think they don't want them to ever leave home...
Why not open a thread on how to survive all these hardship or how you are coping with it?
We still have many successful Nigerians in America...if all these things happening, find a way to play Americans too and survive...a poor or middle class Nigerian will survive any hardish on earth because no where can be as bad as how poor people live in Nigeria...is like someone living in an overcrowded room of like 10people in a room and goes to another place where they are 5people in the room and someone is asking can you survive this? Hell ya he can..
I guess some people aborad are really selfish, someone will open a thread..".America is racist and full of ghetto" Europe has finished recession all over, Canada is too cold, Australia is costly New zealand is too far, no job in S.A, tax is high in uk, middle east pay are peanuts, china is over populated, japan is earthquake home, South korea s unrest because of north Korea, south America are full of crimes, india is no go area...
Where the f.uc.k then do you want them to migrate to since they can't stay home and all these countries are bad..I guess you want them to migrate to newly discovered habitat MARS?

must u migrate?

1 Like

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by skitkid2(m): 12:53am On Nov 02, 2016
I have read the thread.

I must say loudly that anybody comparing America to Nigeria is wrong.

I have never seen or heard of any American that wants to move to Nigeria because of what they watch on Nigerian tv.

Come to onitsha or most parts of Lagos and you will see the very dirty environment the rich people are living in. So that will help you imagine what life must be for the poor ones.

The op is as educated as he is because he has lived a longtime in the America he is trying to make look bad.

America is the greatest country in the world
Most talked about country
Most popular country
And almost every country copy America

If you doubt me, then quote me with your point and I will surely beat you hands down

#fact

2 Likes

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by Ugosample(m): 8:24am On Nov 02, 2016
LastProphet:

must u migrate?
What is wrong with it
Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by addiege(f): 11:43pm On Nov 02, 2016
You are wrong about your statement on Obama and gun control.

Obama pushed for gun control and was constantly blocked by Republicans. The Republican party - which controls both the House of Representatives and the Senate - is vehemently against gun control and Obama, and made it their primary goal to veto any and all of his bills for several reasons. The National Rifle Association (NRA) which advocates for gun rights has a lot of influence in the Republican party which means that no Republican elected congressman or senator in DC would risk offending the party base and risk losing a reelection because of disgruntled voters.

Alubosa:

Gbam!!!!

And instead of Obama to push for the guns control bill, he was busy lobbying congress to pass the gay right law.

2 Likes

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by Michealjerry: 6:46pm On Jan 06, 2017
LastProphet:

must u migrate?
pls I wt to hear 4m u people.i wt to go New Zealand,how d place is be?
Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by Ugosample(m): 8:43pm On Jan 06, 2017
bootlegaz:
Education! Education!! Education!!!
A neurosurgeon who hails from Anambra state is regarded as the best in his filled in my city. White folks worship him and would only allow him do surgical operation in their brain. He was born poor, his parents could not afford him a school uniform while in secondary school, today he own Horses, live in a ranch and visit Anambra in a chartered flight.

I think I know this neurosurgeon...
Does his name start with an N? (for privacy sake I cannot just say his name out)
I just want to be sure that it is him indeed.
Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by dotedote: 8:48pm On Jan 06, 2017
i'd say ds is really the most inappropriate time to try discouraging people from wanting to leave the shores of 9ja. I really don't have much to add other than refer you to both the exchange rate (of the 2 currencies) and the minimum wage in the 2 countries. WOULD YOU OVER THERE RATHER COME HOME NOW TO LIVE ?
Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by Afam4eva(m): 8:48pm On Jan 06, 2017
Ugosample:

I think I know this neurosurgeon...
Does his name start with an N? (for privacy sake I cannot just say his name out)
I just want to be sure that it is him indeed.
is it not the guy that owns the Las vegas hospital? Can't remember his name.
Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by maternal: 7:28am On Jan 07, 2017
dotedote:
i'd say ds is really the most inappropriate time to try discouraging people from wanting to leave the shores of 9ja. I really don't have much to add other than refer you to both the exchange rate (of the 2 currencies) and the minimum wage in the 2 countries. WOULD YOU OVER THERE RATHER COME HOME NOW TO LIVE ?

They're just talking nonsense. People who say "America is not easy" always forget naija is he'll. Even before the exchange rate any youth who has a chance to leave should do so asap. I feel bad for any youth stuck there. Very hopeless country.

3 Likes

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by efavour: 6:19am On Jan 09, 2017
cremebee:
This ozo guy is a clown sha. The America he is discouraging people from going with the useless facts he Most likely got from an American website is the America he was born in and the same America that he believes teaches how to speak the English that he is using to insult his father's age mates because he choose to make a point in pidgin. Hypocrite! Op Please move this thread to JOKES.
My dear no be small thing oh, I'm new here, just over a year and have never come across those kind of photos of America he posted up there. I will take my life here over Nigeria 100 times except my social life which I'm trying hard now to rectify. I have seen unemployment in Naija and here I quit job today, couple of days you get another . My family in Naija is better off since I came here. I'm yet to get credit card but will get one as its a necessity. Abeg no one should tell me crap about America pls. Some people can lie sha. Imagine all that nonsense he wrote over there.

5 Likes

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by AngelsAndStars(m): 3:10pm On Jan 09, 2017
efavour:
My dear no be small thing oh, I'm new here, just over a year and have never come across those kind of photos of America he posted up there. I will take my life here over Nigeria 100 times except my social life which I'm trying hard now to rectify. I have seen unemployment in Naija and here I quit job today, couple of days you get another . My family in Naija is better off since I came here. I'm yet to get credit card but will get one as its a necessity. Abeg no one should tell me crap about America pls. Some people can lie sha. Imagine all that nonsense he wrote over there.
the OP don mad.

I got friends in America, some Don build house. them fresh well. kpuff for face anyhow snow dey touch them well. them dey soft and he's talking trash.

Abeg OP pack come Nigeria back I go take you seriously

1 Like

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by imsuboi(m): 12:39pm On Jan 10, 2017
This is the most useless thread on Nairaland.

3 Likes

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by Pomlord(m): 4:59am On Jun 03, 2017
Lol. I don't know what to say sef. Just going through this tread, and all I can say is that there is an iota of truth in what this dude says, but bro you were sounding more like you were discouraging people.

What's with people that are trying to learn American English? You were contradicting yourself.

You said when one talks in a native accent people get to laugh, and you still went to say its wrong to do copy cats. Its ain't that bad man...

I stay in the state of Ohio, and coming here as been the best decision I've ever made.
Nigeria is not an enabliling environment., so I think its still better to struggle here, than be in Nigeria.
Its better to cry in a Mercedes than to laugh riding a tricycle.

3 Likes

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by sKeetz(m): 8:23am On Aug 06, 2017
manny4life:

I'm making plans on how to go back as well, it's not like I hate America, it's just that the system is no longer conducive for me. Like many, I'm antagonizing the system because it's playing unfair as it is. Imagine me going back home, making an income only to be taxed again, tell me how fair that is. Those who want to stay are welcome, as for me, I'm leaving.

Dude it's been 4 years, I sure hope you have left the state ? If you are still there, thunder will fire you. The internet never forgets.

4 Likes

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by sKeetz(m): 8:28am On Aug 06, 2017
All the mudafukas discouraging people from going to the us should have left America by now I think? It's been like 4 years since this thread was created. I hope the likes of ozo_emeka, manny4life and co have all left and returned to Zoogeria.

Why do most people living in America discourage their fellow Zoogeria from coming to the us but they still cannot leave. You do not need a visa to Zoogeria so I don't know what is holding them back.

Amadioha fall on of you!!

2 Likes

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by Abbeybailey(m): 5:49pm On Aug 06, 2017
sKeetz:
All the mudafukas discouraging people from going to the us should have left America by now I think? It's been like 4 years since this thread was created. I hope the likes of ozo_emeka, manny4life and co have all left and returned to Zoogeria.

Why do most people living in America discourage their fellow Zoogeria from coming to the us but they still cannot leave. You do not need a visa to Zoogeria so I don't know what is holding them back.

Amadioha fall on of you!!
Ozoameka is as fake as they come. He was busted for putting someone face on his profile.
Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by ozim(m): 6:55pm On Aug 06, 2017
I hardly comment on topics like this but after going through this thread I really have to correct some things here, just because you went to America and life was difficult for don't mean it will be same for another, we all have different grace, if you plan well And do you findings well, anywhere you go things will work out well, I relocated from 9ja to Kansas city 2months back with my wife, even though I went with alot of money, I was able to secure job 5 days after I arrived tru the help of an agent I was introduced to, it might not be the best of jobs but it's far better than 9ja, life is easy for me, I rented my own room and I find favor anywhere I go, I was smart enough to go for professional training which really helped and I was promoted, so please, you guys should stop discouraging people, cos you failed don't mean every other will, life in America is million times better than 9ja

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by Nobody: 6:23am On Aug 07, 2017
When it comes to finance, Nigeria is a million times better than America. Even Taxi drivers in Nigeria can boast of 300,000 in savings.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/most-americans-cant-afford-a-500-emergency-expense/
Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by maternal: 3:09pm On Aug 07, 2017
ayodele234:
When it comes to finance, Nigeria is a million times better than America. Even Taxi drivers in Nigeria can boast of 300,000 in savings.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/most-americans-cant-afford-a-500-emergency-expense/

So if given an option a taxi driver in naija would stay there oppose to coming to america ? Let's stop insulting ourselves here. North Americans just have poor money management skills. That's really the difference.

3 Likes

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Aug 07, 2017
Brother the average Nigeria loves money and that is why within 6 months of their stay in America they get desperate. They soon get bored of the light and everything that works fine. The stake to make it gets even higher when you leave the shores. In Nigeria we know what to expect.
maternal:

So if given an option a taxi driver in naija would stay there oppose to coming to america ? Let's stop insulting ourselves here. North Americans just have poor money management skills. That's really the difference.
Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by maternal: 5:43pm On Aug 07, 2017
ayodele234:
Brother the average Nigeria loves money and that is why within 6 months of their stay in America they get desperate. They soon get bored of the light and everything that works fine. The stake to make it gets even higher when you leave the shores. In Nigeria we know what to expect.

What ??
Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by sKeetz(m): 6:02pm On Aug 07, 2017
ayodele234:

This makes no sense

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (Reply)

Christian Emeka Ibeagwa Dies In U.S.A. Do You Know Him? / I Finally Stepped Out Of The House After Two More Months Of Quarantine (photos) / Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.