Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,288 members, 7,954,148 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:07 PM

You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? - Travel (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? (133755 Views)

Some Courses To Study In Nigeria Before Coming Over To America / I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by maternal: 4:54pm On Aug 09, 2017
Pidgin2:

Who is Professor Osibanjo and what is he doing in Aso Rock?

Where is the president ? When will he be back? What is/was his medical issue ? Why didn't he stay in naija for medical treatment ?
Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by Beautyaddy: 5:33pm On Aug 09, 2017
maternal:

Where is the president ? When will he be back? What is/was his medical issue ? Why didn't he stay in naija for medical treatment ?

See, I knew it...the question still have not been answered by now.

Pidgin2 and Ayodele234, still waiting for your response to this million dollar question...loool!
Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by Nigeriadondie: 10:59pm On Aug 11, 2017
Pidgin2:

Since 2013 you've been on this thread commenting about a country which you haven't visited before, are you sure it's only order you are craving for or there's something more, you no get work sha, life is passing you by continue ranting.
How do u know d person is ranting? That is what u said of me till I proved with pics.
Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by Nigeriadondie: 11:03pm On Aug 11, 2017
Ugosample:

Why are you talking like someone that has hot akamu in the head as brain?

After my comments in 2013, did I comment on the thread again till now

Na wa for your reasoning.
Leave that lady called PIDGIN2 cos I guess she has Zika virus that affected d size of her brain

1 Like

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by Nigeriadondie: 7:00am On Aug 19, 2017
Pidgin2:

Since 2013 you've been on this thread commenting about a country which you haven't visited before, are you sure it's only order you are craving for or there's something more, you no get work sha, life is passing you by continue ranting.
U no dey tire, trouble maker. By the way u that claim to be abroad, many countries u can lie more than Lie Mohammed. U think every1 is like u that ve not near Seme border or an airport. U get work too? Nairaland na ur office
Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by Nobody: 3:00pm On Nov 06, 2018
ozoemeka:
Come home to what exactly?

Norwegians make more money than Americans

Sweden is more advanced

Hong Kong is way more technologically superior

The biggest and most advanced plane in the world is flown out of Singapore.

The tallest buildings in the world are now in Dubai and Shanghai.

Meanwhile, the US has the highest incarceration rate in the world.

The World Health Organization ranked the US 37th in the world for health care, despite the fact that we spend the most per capita by a large margin.

The hospitals are nicer in Asia (with European-educated doctors and nurses) and cost a tenth as much. Something as routine as a vaccination costs multiple hundreds of dollars in the US and less than $10 in Colombia. And before you make fun of Colombian hospitals, Colombia is 28th in the world on that WHO list, nine spots higher than us.

My sister paid $500 for a regular vaccination for school.

I’m not going to go crazy with the details, but we eat chemically-laced crap because it’s cheaper and tastes better (profit, profit). Our portion sizes are absurd (more profit). And we’re by far the most prescribed nation in the world AND our drugs cost five to ten times more than they do even in Canada (ohhhhhhh, profit, you sexy bitch).

In terms of life expectancy, despite being the richest country in the world, we come in a paltry 38th. Right behind Cuba, Malta and the United Arab Emirates, and slightly ahead of Slovenia, Kuwait and Uruguay. Enjoy your Big Mac.

There is no FACT to support that America is the greatest country. It's all "GOOD PR"

America is 7th in Literacy
27th in Math
22nd in Science
49th in Life expectancy
178th in Infant Mortality
3rd in Median household income
America is number one in ONLY 3 categories
1. Number of incarcerated citizens per capita
2. Number of adults who believe angels are real
3. Defense spending (aka spending money by military to go to war with other countries) - America spends more than the 26 developed countries combined

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16K6m3Ua2nw#t=153

the mistake you are making is that the people running to the US are not from Norway, Sweden, Hong Kong, Dubai, Shanghai.

And incarceration, If you can manage to survive two months in a Nigerian prison without suffering permanent mental/psychological disorder, then please relocate to Nigeria, because that means you will absolutely love Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by olutowo(m): 11:06am On Mar 24, 2022
ozoemeka:
One thing Nairaland has taught me; I have learned that so many Nigerians living in Nigeria want anything BUT Nigeria. Some make it a lifelong MISSION to come to America where they "believe" it is the "LAND OF THE FREE" and "ANYONE" can make it. These Nigerians save and save and hustle to DO ANYTHING to come to "America" / Yankee. They give up EVERYTHING they ever had or knew to come and "enjoy" greener pastures (or so their TVs informed them). However 5 years into staying in America they realize that Life was more manageable than they could ever imagine in America. Here are some pointers on the REAL AMERICA, to those living in America feel free to add in.

1. America is NOT FUN when you do not know anybody. If you are coming here "on your own" and THINK you can easily "settle down", think again. You need an address at the airport and almost everything you need to do here requires an address. Ekene your "guy" from primary 6 can only allow you stay in his house for so long before he will require you to pay rent. Tosin your paddy from Lagos is not going to be your guide forever which leads to the next bit

2.Nothing is free in America. Absolutely nothing. DO NOT expect Okwudili to give you a ride to work, he will ask you for gas money. You are either going to join Okwudili in "hustling" or get your own life, which you will learn is HARD especially for immigrants.

3. Life is toughER for Immigrants in America. From not having a SSN to get jobs, to people simply discriminating for your "accent". You will LEARN that America is not the least bit tolerant for immigrants. Especially if you come to places that are predominantly white. Unfortunately what I end up seeing Nigerians adopt is the "akata" way. A LOT of them end up trying to speak ebonics and they just sound stupid and ridiculous. "nigggaz is tryna hoop yo". No. Your azz never hooped before when did you become a "niggga tryna hoop"?

4. Dressing. Appearance is EVERYTHING [img]http://loladesowoolu.files./2011/02/dis-n-dart-eldee.jpg[/img]

These are NOT, repeat, NOT "american" dressing. The earlier you learn the better. The "americans" who dress that way are SEVERELY DISCRIMINATED AND MARGINALIZED in society. Sure you may say, well the "wealthy" american hiphop stars dress that way....Guess what. Those who do are DISCRIMINATED against. Don't believe me - check...a lot end up in jail etc. The "REAL wealthy ones" a la Jay z and Sean Combs DO NOT, dress that way. A word is enough for the wise.

[img]http://static4.fjcdn.com/comments/3952559+_32f833b5d94d8672fba5fa70599ca54b.jpg[/img]

5. You learn quickly that America is NOT the land of the free and get crammed up with "the rest" so 5 years in you start to fight hard to PROVE you are not like "THEM". You get mad when people say you are "black"

[img]http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Black+People+Problems.+This+is+a+repost+but+of+my_906b64_3952559.jpg[/img] [img]http://static4.fjcdn.com/comments/Or+belts+_82040ac9119c9baf304ec6a77f453fec.jpg[/img]

6. The America on TV is NOT the same as the REAL America. The skyscrapers and beautiful scenes from Tv shows and movies are just in a few places. Downtown, NYC, Miami, LA, DC. Just like you have SOME VERY beautiful places in Abuja, and Lagos. The real america, sometimes looks like this

[img]http://swordattheready.files./2013/07/black-ghetto.jpg[/img]
(this is actually a GOOD picture of NY) ask

Bmore

[img]http://4.bp..com/-Jj_rbhvlrxc/TwdyQ7MMhHI/AAAAAAAACtI/8iJR4M2NiGA/s1600/baltimore%2Bghetto.jpg[/img]
Miami
MIAMI
Miami
Florida
Los Angeles
LA
Oakland California
Atlanta
Atlanta
Washington DC, couple blocks from the White House, you can see this mess from the white house

So sorry to comment on this thread after several years...am just getting to see this...how i wish this debate can come into play with present america and present nigeria so that both sides can come and defend themselves.,.....i believe those who made the move to relocate as at 2013 that this thread was created will be thanking their God they did move and those who were against it then, should by now be planning to leave naija or has already left... God bless Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by RRMarket: 11:45am On Apr 03, 2022
Uuuuhhhhffffff!
Lots of things to read up here...

Is relocating to USA from Nigeria still a wise decision in this year 2022?

4 Likes

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by EnglandAmaka(f): 11:55pm On Apr 30, 2022
I must go to America before i die. This i have seen

5 Likes

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by 1stGenAmerican(f): 4:04am On May 01, 2022
RRMarket:
Uuuuhhhhffffff!
Lots of things to read up here...

Is relocating to USA from Nigeria still a wise decision in this year 2022?

If you can do so legally, yes.

2 Likes

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by HRprof: 6:29am On May 01, 2022
olutowo:

So sorry to comment on this thread after several years...am just getting to see this...how i wish this debate can come into play with present america and present nigeria so that both sides can come and defend themselves.,.....i believe those who made the move to relocate as at 2013 that this thread was created will be thanking their God they did move and those who were against it then, should by now be planning to leave naija or has already left... God bless Nigeria
What makes the different .?
Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by Remnita(f): 3:44pm On May 23, 2022
9icegee:
all u guys that wanna travel abroad, take note, i didnt just say america, i said ABROAD, how many of u have ever experienced earthquakes, hurricanes, extremely cold whether conditions almost all year round (and am not talking about Ur regular harmattan season here, am referring to many digits bellow zero celcius), and d several uncertainties living in another man's land can bring (too many has already been mentioned so I wont bother repeating dem again)? u don't just know how good u have it here till u go c how difficult it can get elsewhere. Hence, pls my brothers, instead of complaining how bad Nigeria is and how well u wud prefer to be shipd out, STAY BACK IN YOUR COUNTRY AND TRY TO BE THE CHANGE THT U WANT

I guess you can see your Nigeria is getting worse daily even in 2022�

1 Like

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by oluwaVaz(m): 7:08pm On Sep 12, 2022
This is 2022 and Nigeria is in total mess....if you want to japa pls do so asap, country don samankwe

1 Like

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by HRprof: 6:39pm On Sep 13, 2022
Remnita:

I guess you can see your Nigeria is getting worse daily even in 2022�
Same thing every where, if you don’t have demanding skill you will suffer more abroad than Nigeria
Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by culkid: 10:47am On Feb 02
oluwaVaz:
This is 2022 and Nigeria is in total mess....if you want to japa pls do so asap, country don samankwe

This is 2024 and it is even worse now. Japa if you can.

1 Like

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by EKONGKING: 7:36am On Mar 15
ozoemeka:
One thing Nairaland has taught me; I have learned that so many Nigerians living in Nigeria want anything BUT Nigeria. Some make it a lifelong MISSION to come to America where they "believe" it is the "LAND OF THE FREE" and "ANYONE" can make it. These Nigerians save and save and hustle to DO ANYTHING to come to "America" / Yankee. They give up EVERYTHING they ever had or knew to come and "enjoy" greener pastures (or so their TVs informed them). However 5 years into staying in America they realize that Life was more manageable than they could ever imagine in America. Here are some pointers on the REAL AMERICA, to those living in America feel free to add in.

1. America is NOT FUN when you do not know anybody. If you are coming here "on your own" and THINK you can easily "settle down", think again. You need an address at the airport and almost everything you need to do here requires an address. Ekene your "guy" from primary 6 can only allow you stay in his house for so long before he will require you to pay rent. Tosin your paddy from Lagos is not going to be your guide forever which leads to the next bit

2.Nothing is free in America. Absolutely nothing. DO NOT expect Okwudili to give you a ride to work, he will ask you for gas money. You are either going to join Okwudili in "hustling" or get your own life, which you will learn is HARD especially for immigrants.

3. Life is toughER for Immigrants in America. From not having a SSN to get jobs, to people simply discriminating for your "accent". You will LEARN that America is not the least bit tolerant for immigrants. Especially if you come to places that are predominantly white. Unfortunately what I end up seeing Nigerians adopt is the "akata" way. A LOT of them end up trying to speak ebonics and they just sound stupid and ridiculous. "nigggaz is tryna hoop yo". No. Your azz never hooped before when did you become a "niggga tryna hoop"?

4. Dressing. Appearance is EVERYTHING [img]http://loladesowoolu.files./2011/02/dis-n-dart-eldee.jpg[/img]

These are NOT, repeat, NOT "american" dressing. The earlier you learn the better. The "americans" who dress that way are SEVERELY DISCRIMINATED AND MARGINALIZED in society. Sure you may say, well the "wealthy" american hiphop stars dress that way....Guess what. Those who do are DISCRIMINATED against. Don't believe me - check...a lot end up in jail etc. The "REAL wealthy ones" a la Jay z and Sean Combs DO NOT, dress that way. A word is enough for the wise.

[img]http://static4.fjcdn.com/comments/3952559+_32f833b5d94d8672fba5fa70599ca54b.jpg[/img]

5. You learn quickly that America is NOT the land of the free and get crammed up with "the rest" so 5 years in you start to fight hard to PROVE you are not like "THEM". You get mad when people say you are "black"

[img]http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Black+People+Problems.+This+is+a+repost+but+of+my_906b64_3952559.jpg[/img] [img]http://static4.fjcdn.com/comments/Or+belts+_82040ac9119c9baf304ec6a77f453fec.jpg[/img]

6. The America on TV is NOT the same as the REAL America. The skyscrapers and beautiful scenes from Tv shows and movies are just in a few places. Downtown, NYC, Miami, LA, DC. Just like you have SOME VERY beautiful places in Abuja, and Lagos. The real america, sometimes looks like this

[img]http://swordattheready.files./2013/07/black-ghetto.jpg[/img]
(this is actually a GOOD picture of NY) ask

Bmore

[img]http://4.bp..com/-Jj_rbhvlrxc/TwdyQ7MMhHI/AAAAAAAACtI/8iJR4M2NiGA/s1600/baltimore%2Bghetto.jpg[/img]
Miami
MIAMI
Miami
Florida
Los Angeles
LA
Oakland California
Atlanta
Atlanta
Washington DC, couple blocks from the White House, you can see this mess from the white house

grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (Reply)

All About Banana Island Lagos State, History And Exclusive Pictures / Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally / Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.