Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,070 members, 7,953,271 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:19 PM

You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? - Travel (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? (133743 Views)

Some Courses To Study In Nigeria Before Coming Over To America / I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by Nobody: 12:36am On Aug 08, 2017
It doesn't have to make any sense. It is the reality of things. While we can't make comparison between both countries in terms of development, it is more easier to achieve your dreams in Nigeria than in America.
sKeetz:

This makes no sense

1 Like

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by Ugosample(m): 8:03am On Aug 08, 2017
ayodele234:
It doesn't have to make any sense. It is the reality of things. While we can't make comparison between both countries in terms of development, it is more easier to achieve your dreams in Nigeria than in America.

It's easier I achieve your aims and dreams in Nigeria than in the U.S.?

What brand of weed are you smoking

Continue deceiving yourself

1 Like

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by Nobody: 8:34am On Aug 08, 2017
Guy go and sleep. It is out there for all to see. This is 2017 and not 1966 when we were all brainwashed. In 2017 when America issue visas to bricklayers, palm wine tappers, truck pushers, the illusion days are over. It is a shame you are still living in the dark. 95% of Nigerians living in America have never seen $20,000(not counting those involved in shady dealings) cash in their life and that includes college graduates. You think you are engaging a toddler? In America where people can't even boast of a mere $500 and I am actually talking about first class citizens. 7 out of 10 Americans can't boast of $1,000 in an emergency and 62% are one paycheck away from living on the street. Go to New York and Chicago and see original suffer head. The most most Nigerians can achieve is building a duplex back in Nigeria that will take them over 15yrs to complete something that even a iron welder and POP man in Nigeria can accomplish as well. Wake up from your american illusion. The American dream only make sense when you are dreaming so keep dreaming since waking up is not part of the dream.
Ugosample:

2 Likes

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by Ugosample(m): 9:10am On Aug 08, 2017
ayodele234:
Guy go and sleep. It is out there for all to see. This is 2017 and not 1966 when we were all brainwashed. In 2017 when America issue visas to bricklayers, palm wine tappers, truck pushers, the illusion days are over. It is a shame you are still living in the dark. 95% of Nigerians living in America have never seen $20,000(not counting those involved in shady dealings) cash in their life and that includes college graduates. You think you are engaging a toddler? In America where people can't even boast of a mere $500 and I am actually talking about first class citizens. 7 out of 10 Americans can't boast of $1,000 in an emergency and 62% are one paycheck away from living on the street. Go to New York and Chicago and see original suffer head. The most most Nigerians can achieve is building a duplex back in Nigeria that will take them over 15yrs to complete something that even a iron welder and POP man in Nigeria can accomplish as well. Wake up from your american illusion. The American dream only make sense when you are dreaming so keep dreaming since waking up is not part of the dream.

This guy is a joker grin grin

What is the percentage of Nigerians that has seen 100k nairq in their lives?
or even have it in their account?

How many Nigerians can afford medical emergencies?

What is the percentage of home ownership in Nigeria?

What about the unemployment rate in Nigeria?

The high number od businesses closing up

Government workers owed for months
Infrastructural decay, widespread poverty and hopelessness

You better go and sit your ass down

For you to even compare the two countries in anything means you don't even know anything

3 Likes

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by maternal: 12:08pm On Aug 08, 2017
ayodele234:

At least 100% of Americans know where their president is.

1 Like

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Aug 08, 2017
Ugosample:

This man started this argument on this thread since 2013, arguing with people who have lived in US for years meanwhile his points are gotten mostly from the internet, chai I never knew you were this jobless o, smh

In my opinion this is the best thread in travel section, thumbs up to ozoemeka and other well meaning Nigerians in Yankee. Una don talk am finish, those who have ears will listen, those who don't will face reality through experience either way una well don

1 Like

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by Nobody: 1:02pm On Aug 08, 2017
maternal:

At least 100% of Americans know where their president is.

Osibanjo is the acting president and is doing quite well even better than Buhari, do you have a problem with this?
Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by Nobody: 1:09pm On Aug 08, 2017
sKeetz:
All the mudafukas discouraging people from going to the us should have left America by now I think? It's been like 4 years since this thread was created. I hope the likes of ozo_emeka, manny4life and co have all left and returned to Zoogeria.

Why do most people living in America discourage their fellow Zoogeria from coming to the us but they still cannot leave. You do not need a visa to Zoogeria so I don't know what is holding them back.

Amadioha fall on of you!!

A biafran spotted

Nnamdi Kanu will never go unpunished
Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by Nobody: 1:27pm On Aug 08, 2017
ockeeyockstar89:
Interesting answers here...as an african american born and raised in this so called "land of opportunity" or land of the free. I can tell you for sure that the majority of americans be black brown or white has a tough time just getting by living paycheck to paycheck or on goverment dependent programs. What you see in the movies and media about this place is BS. Everyone isn't rich or has it easy. Thats only about 1% of the population that lives that ...no exaggeration. Another thing as a black...life in this country definitely isn't going to be easy on you unless you have a good credit history which for a foreigner may be hard to do a college or some kind of further education or your family is deeply connected into racist politics here or would kiss the whites ass which i would not recommend...expect to be discriminated against especially by non black americans...like I said we all have it tough but blacks here really are worst off but at the same time who can we really blame...if we want better for ourselves the chsnge starts with US and not waiting or depending on the white man or these other racist corrupt leaders of this country...but discrimination racism I experienced it and also saw and heard of other foreign blacks experience it as well. It don't matter what our differences are whether your from africa the carribean or an american born black...guess what to the whites were all looked down on and viewed the same way but...on the opposite note america can be what you make it...alll black areas are not like w hat you saw in those pictures...there is some middle class upper class and even wealthy black communities in this country and had it not been for blacks here wanting integration...there would have been possibly thousands more...but there still could be more even our own neighborhoods could be just as nice if not better looking than those white suburbs they show in the media if the blacks here just took care of where they lived again it starts with US. But at the end of the day take pride in what ever you do especially in your own people...there's more to what I have to say but can't think of it right now...but will remember later until then that is just my 2cents

I hope ugosample who has spent four years of his life on this thread and maternal the anti Nigerian will read this post
Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by Nobody: 1:32pm On Aug 08, 2017
edimop:
pls why ds blackmails and castigations?.....hav u ever bin to d united states before?is ur own country better?and why tryin to scare peep who hav interest in migrating to d United state?I am in d united state and hav never regretted ever being,so wats ds crab all abt and wat point r u tryin to pin @,dat one shud continue in d same condition he found himself over years in his country and die in t?mehn......keep puttin blames while peep r making t big out here.D fact dat u don't dream of coming here shudnt make u scare odas frm doin so.......migration is by choice,there is no place ts bed of roses even in d country where u r,buh here,there's value for ur life and family....value for dollar and u cn get wat u wnt as long as u work for t.u don't xpect live to be easy wen u r lazy.....u gat to work t out and sure,u wil always smile.pls don't discourage odas,d fact that it didn't work for u doesn't mean ts nt gonna work for anoda.tnx

He's an African American so you think you should be advising or listening to him?
Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by maternal: 1:42pm On Aug 08, 2017
Pidgin2:

Osibanjo is the acting president and is doing quite well even better than Buhari, do you have a problem with this?

Where is the president ? When will he be back? What is/was his medical issue ? Why didn't he stay in naija for medical treatment ?

1 Like

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by Ugosample(m): 1:47pm On Aug 08, 2017
Pidgin2:

I hope ugosample who has spent four years of his life on this thread and maternal the anti Nigerian will read this post

LMAO @ spent 4 years of my life here.

You don't know how the notifications work on Nairaland? grin cheesy
Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Aug 08, 2017
Ugosample:

LMAO @ spent 4 years of my life here.

You don't know how the notifications work on Nairaland? grin cheesy

Saw your comments which you posted since 2013

1 Like

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by drakeli: 3:28pm On Aug 08, 2017
ayodele234:
You are not a toddler. But I bet you don't know how American system works. People can't boast of $500? That's overly exaggerated statement. As well for you to even have made that statement about first class citizen (quoting from your st) displayed your bias about people in America to a shocking degree.

About 7 out of 10 Americans can't boast of $1000 in time of emergency. On that note, you need to have understanding of American culture. American culture is materialistic in nature. Hence living paycheck to paycheck which mean spend and spend because another check is in two weeks.. Whenever my friend's American wife gets her paycheck, the first thing she usually does is to call her other girl friends about how they can visit the latest restaurant in town. Americans are foodies. Having to save up money is not part of overall culture of an average American. Out of the pigment of your imagination, living paycheck to paycheck denote poverty. Right? Then you are wrong, absolutely in American context.

Living paycheck to paycheck in American context denote enjoying our life to the fullest going on foreign vacations, going to resorts, visiting latest restaurants in town, going to do shoppings over and over until the paycheck is exhausted knowing fully when the next paycheck is right "knocking on the door ". My friend, I live in the US and that's what "living paycheck to paycheck means in American context. People don't save here ( of course we immigrants do save).

Saving up money I say is not part of American culture. The culture is materialistic in nature thereby having to spend all your paycheck shopping while waiting for the next. Mind you, wages are paid in America every two weeks. So it's easy to live paycheck to paycheck. Living paycheck to paycheck in America doesn't mean you are poor.

In Nigeria we save for unforeseen circumstances because we don't have insurance culture. Americans spend all their paycheck and refuse to save because they do pay insurance over everything. Insurance covers damage to their cars, homes, hospital bills, name it. College loans for aspiring students. These are the reasons why we save up money in Nigeria. Americans don't need that kind of saving my friend. They do enjoy all their paychecks on good things of life.

If I should asked you, why do you save? You might answer me, I save because of my children school fees, I save to be able to cover medical bills for the family, for me to have money to fix my care, for me to have money for a new home in case natural disasters blows away my house. Please nobody does that kind of saving here. That's why Americans do insurance. Their paycheck cannot be deducted for insurance purposes while they still go ahead to save again.

You post is full of shocking over exaggeration.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by Beautyaddy: 3:46pm On Aug 08, 2017
ayodele234:
Are you for real?

So all those people can afford 64,000 naira and plus for just a visiting visa and still no guaranteed of even getting the Visa...and then after that now have to spend thousands of naira for flight tickets and still no guarantee that they will be let into the US at the POE?....Yeah Right! Please stop this unnecessarily delusional wishful thinking.

1 Like

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by Beautyaddy: 4:01pm On Aug 08, 2017
maternal:

Where is the president ? When will he be back? What is/was his medical issue ? Why didn't he stay in naija for medical treatment ?

Lol! We know right?

Still expecting Ayodele234 and Pidgin2 to respond to this mind blogging question. I hope it wont take forever...lol!
Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Aug 08, 2017
I treat every person with a college degree as a fool until proven otherwise. In all my history of living so called educated people are the most gullible. Just in case you weren't reading well I will state it clearly for you once again. IN AMERICA 62% or even more of her citizens CAN'T COME UP WITH $500 AND THOSE CARS AND HOUSES YOU SEE PEOPLE FRONTING IN WON'T BE PAID FOR IN 6 AND 30 YRS RESPECTIVELY. If they dare stop working in just 14 days they will be thrown out of their homes, that's why millions of people are living on the street in California, New York and Chicago. If you think people are suffering in Africa then go to New York and see the real original suffer head. Suffering and desperation is the best way to sum up the American dream. Even more funny are those Nigerians wasting their money paying heavily to give birth to their children in the United States thinking they are giving them a better life. Name a single Nigerian born in the United States with a 401k account of $500,000 after 35 yrs of working their ass off. If you earn $12,000 annually in America you are in the same category with someone making 18k naira monthly in Nigeria or even worse. Until you get to the United States and your cousin who have stayed donkeys years starts begging you for your BTA to complete his/her monthly house rent that's when the reality with hit you. 99.9% of Nigerians in America and broke ass, don't worry you will find out soon yourself. Countless people will beg you for common phone bills. Anyone making headway there has a connection back in Nigeria bringing in money for them. I will avoid the other two folks cos they are well informed but due to the fact that they are traveling agents and this avenue is their way of earning a living.....i quite understand that
Beautyaddy:

Are you for real?

So all those people can afford 64,000 naira and plus for just a visiting visa and still no guaranteed of even getting the Visa...and then after that now have to spend thousands of naira for flight tickets and still no guarantee that they will be let into the US at the POE?....Yeah Right! Please stop this unnecessarily delusional wishful thinking.

1 Like

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by sKeetz(m): 5:34pm On Aug 08, 2017
Pidgin2:

A biafran spotted

Nnamdi Kanu will never go unpunished

Ode spotted
Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by Ugosample(m): 7:17pm On Aug 08, 2017
ayodele234:
I treat every person with a college degree as a fool until proven otherwise. In all my history of living so called educated people are the most gullible. Just in case you weren't reading well I will state it clearly for you once again. IN AMERICA 62% or even more of her citizens CAN'T COME UP WITH $500 AND THOSE CARS AND HOUSES YOU SEE PEOPLE FRONTING IN WON'T BE PAID FOR IN 6 AND 30 YRS RESPECTIVELY. If they dare stop working in just 14 days they will be thrown out of their homes, that's why millions of people are living on the street in California, New York and Chicago. If you think people are suffering in Africa then go to New York and see the real original suffer head. Suffering and desperation is the best way to sum up the American dream. Even more funny are those Nigerians wasting their money paying heavily to give birth to their children in the United States thinking they are giving them a better life. Name a single Nigerian born in the United States with a 401k account of $500,000 after 35 yrs of working their ass off. If you earn $12,000 annually in America you are in the same category with someone making 18k naira monthly in Nigeria or even worse. Until you get to the United States and your cousin who have stayed donkeys years starts begging you for your BTA to complete his/her monthly house rent that's when the reality with hit you. 99.9% of Nigerians in America and broke ass, don't worry you will find out soon yourself. Countless people will beg you for common phone bills. Anyone making headway there has a connection back in Nigeria bringing in money for them. I will avoid the other two folks cos they are well informed but due to the fact that they are traveling agents and this avenue is their way of earning a living.....i quite understand that

grin grin

This guy is VERY hilarious.

Comparing suffering in Africa to suffering in the United States

Comparing death to sleep.

Okay, let us assume that 50m out of a population of over 330 m people are poor, the government still assist them with Social Security in one way or the other, and though the U.S. welfare system is abysmal, it is always better than what you have in Nigeria, and in most places in Africa

You say that there are homeless people in the U.S., yes they are, but at least, some people make provisions for homeless shelter, and the ones who are on drugs, can't stay there
Which one has this evil country or the evil elite provided?

See how beggars have multiplied in Nigeria, and when I'm in the country I just look at them with Pitt because the country has FAILED them.

Okay, you talk about mortgages, what's wrong with a mortgage as long as you qualify for it.

If you pay rent for 30 years, and the house will still not be yours, why can't you pay the mortgage with the hope that the home will be yours
What is the home ownership rate in Nig? Rubbish undecided

Andyou are also talks of Nigerian people who pay lots of money to make their kids American citizens
If you don't know, that's one of the best investments to make.

Wait till that kid gets to college, then you know why, in addition to expanded visa free travel access (what a Nigerian passport which I carry for now cannot give me or you) I know what I face using it.

In summary, America may not be heaven, but life there is FAR better than Nigeria
Except you are a billionaire
Then you can stay here and oppress the rest.

1 Like

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by Ugosample(m): 7:19pm On Aug 08, 2017
Beautyaddy:

Are you for real?

Don't mind the guy.
Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by ChristoBam: 1:53am On Aug 09, 2017
ayodele234:
You must be living a really terrible life, all these things you're saying above depicts the kind of mentality you have , probably the reason you're finding it hard to make it in the u.s. I'm even pretty sure you're an illegal immigrant. All the Nigerians I know in the u.s are sensible, brilliant and educated people living the dream they never thought they could live in their life. I'm not a psychologist but I can depict from your comments that you live in a poor neighborhood probably queens, and all your American friends are of low economic status. People view the world from different perspectives, you are surrounded by poor and homeless friends so nobody can even convince you to change your thinking.

2 Likes

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by PDPGuy: 3:34am On Aug 09, 2017
The truth is that no country is a complete eldorado. America has its problems just as any other nation.
So, I will advise anyone trying to migrate permanently to America to really do their homework before commiting to embark on the journey.
Moreover, anyone in Naija who makes N500,000 or more every month is relatively comfortable and may not be desperate to emigrate permanently to the US/seek the Green card. Surely Nigerian millionaires and billionaires would likely prefer to only visit the US for vacation rather than hustle for US citizenship

1 Like

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by Ugosample(m): 9:28am On Aug 09, 2017
PDPGuy:
The truth is that no country is a complete eldorado. America has its problems just as any other nation.
So, I will advise anyone trying to migrate permanently to America to really do their homework before commiting to embark on the journey.
Moreover, anyone in Naija who makes N500,000 or more every month is relatively comfortable and may not be desperate to emigrate permanently to the US/seek the Green card. Surely Nigerian millionaires and billionaires would likely prefer to only visit the US for vacation rather than hustle for US citizenship

Exactly.

Even tho there are many these days, even despite making so much money, still decide to move abroad.
I knew sone of them like that back then.
You will make money a lot in Nigeria, that's the story for some; but some of us crave for order, and a proper society, not the relatively chaotic environment we have.

But in the end, let us do what we feel will be best for us.

1 Like

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by Electroweb(m): 10:16am On Aug 09, 2017
Sure there is racism in the US, no doubt about that just like in any other Non African countries. The only difference is the magnitude. In Nigeria we are not experiencing racism but oppression, tribalism, nepotism etc. Do you know that the ordinary traffic warden on the street can oppress you if you don't have connections or you are not a Lawyer? By the time you get to the station, the story can change against you in your very eyes. Nigeria my country. How many hardworking youths are roaming the streets in search of job opportunities? At the end they turn to beggars, begging relations for money. Even in Nigeria, relations tend to avoid these unemployed individuals. At least in US, if you are a legal immigrant and not lazy, you can feed your family and live a simple life. With adequate planning you can predict the future to some extent and pay your mortgage. You don't have to loot money to pay your mortgage. How many years can we predict in Nigeria? Thats why Nigerian banks don't like giving loans. I think the forum should be on how parents can handle acculturation and keying into the American dream.

My thoughts...

1 Like

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by alexohams2000(m): 1:50pm On Aug 09, 2017
donsax:
NO matter the racist, no matter the ghetto...No matter the debt......America is still far better than Nigeria in all way....
Why don't Ya' all retrn back home ifyou think you can't cope with all these...you are there pushing it and you encourage people that wanna come to stay back home..do you know the current country situation? That's why a thread was created that people in Nigeria hate Nigerians abroad...because they think they don't want them to ever leave home...
Why not open a thread on how to survive all these hardship or how you are coping with it?
We still have many successful Nigerians in America...if all these things happening, find a way to play Americans too and survive...a poor or middle class Nigerian will survive any hardish on earth because no where can be as bad as how poor people live in Nigeria...is like someone living in an overcrowded room of like 10people in a room and goes to another place where they are 5people in the room and someone is asking can you survive this? Hell ya he can..
I guess some people aborad are really selfish, someone will open a thread..".America is racist and full of ghetto" Europe has finished recession all over, Canada is too cold, Australia is costly New zealand is too far, no job in S.A, tax is high in uk, middle east pay are peanuts, china is over populated, japan is earthquake home, South korea s unrest because of north Korea, south America are full of crimes, india is no go area...
Where the f.uc.k then do you want them to migrate to since they can't stay home and all these countries are bad..I guess you want them to migrate to newly discovered habitat MARS?

I wish I could like this more than ones. No mind the OLOSHIs
Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by Nobody: 1:55pm On Aug 09, 2017
Ugosample:

Exactly.

Even tho there are many these days, even despite making so much money, still decide to move abroad.
I knew sone of them like that back then.
You will make money a lot in Nigeria, that's the story for some; but some of us crave for order, and a proper society, not the relatively chaotic environment we have.

But in the end, let us do what we feel will be best for us.

Since 2013 you've been on this thread commenting about a country which you haven't visited before, are you sure it's only order you are craving for or there's something more, you no get work sha, life is passing you by continue ranting.
Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by Ugosample(m): 1:57pm On Aug 09, 2017
Pidgin2:

Since 2013 you've been on this thread commenting about a country which you haven't visited before, are you sure it's only order you are craving for or there's something more, you no get work sha.

cheesy grin

This lady continues to crack me up.

I'm just saying

1 Like

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Aug 09, 2017
Ugosample:

cheesy grin

This lady continues to crack me up.

I'm just saying

Crack you up? You should be in misery.

How can someone be commenting on the same thread for four years. This is unbelievable abi dem dey pay you ni? Get a life
Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by Ugosample(m): 2:15pm On Aug 09, 2017
Pidgin2:

Crack you up? You should be in misery.

How can someone be commenting on the same thread for four years. This is unbelievable abi dem dey pay you ni? Get a life

Why are you talking like someone that has hot akamu in the head as brain?

After my comments in 2013, did I comment on the thread again till now

Na wa for your reasoning.
Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by maternal: 3:18pm On Aug 09, 2017
Beautyaddy:

Lol! We know right?

Still expecting Ayodele234 and Pidgin2 to respond to this mind blogging question. I hope it wont take forever...lol!

They only respond what benefits their narrative and ignore the other facts. Even the president can't stand his own country, yet they're here telling others to stay.
Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by Nobody: 3:23pm On Aug 09, 2017
maternal:

They only respond what benefits their narrative and ignore the other facts. Even the president can't stand his own country, yet they're here telling others to stay.

Who is Professor Osibanjo and what is he doing in Aso Rock?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (Reply)

All About Banana Island Lagos State, History And Exclusive Pictures / Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally / Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.