Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,132 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:46 AM

You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? (131671 Views)

Some Courses To Study In Nigeria Before Coming Over To America / I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by Ugosample(m): 8:57pm On Oct 02, 2013
The world is in for a bumpy ride. If America collapses economically, EU, AFRICA AND THE ASIAN TIGERS WILL FALL with it. One of the major disadvantages of globalisation. For many companies of the world, American consumers are their major targets. From Toyota to Blackberry(before) to Hyundai to Samsung and the list is very long, their American market is key to their success. The pauperisation (my word) of the USA will have great effect on these companies and will turn their profits to losses, which in turn will lead to lay offs in their home countries, worsening the unemployment situation in these countries. . The same goes for American companies such as Apple and Googke and the rest. A fall in chinese income wilk reduce demand for their products. Sad but true.

4 Likes

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by barackohandso(m): 9:59pm On Oct 02, 2013
ozo_emeka: Smh. "BAD MOUTHING" ?? Really? You uneducated folks kill with that bull

So the Professors at Harvard that write papers on the state of the Economy are "BAD MOUTHING" the economy?

or are they just stating facts? Your doctor telling you you are ill is BAD MOUTHING you??

No one is saying you must "double hustle" . Your will and drive determine how far you go in life REGARDLESS OF WHERE YOU ARE. How are Dangote and Adenuga LIVING in Nigeria and coming in as the RICHEST BLACK MEN IN THE WORLD?

That's my point.
A typical Nigerian will have to experience being given a banana before accepting that racism is for real in America/Europe.
Your points are valid, but there have been people who survived them, even if not much, but telling people the down sides of USA while you're doing okay there sounds selfish on your part, they'll think you don't want them to experience it.

1 Like

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by Originalsly: 10:14pm On Oct 02, 2013
Moderator...why is this thread not on front page? Is it not topics like this that bring traffic to the site?

1 Like

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by alaladakosta(f): 12:09am On Oct 03, 2013
ozo_emeka: Unfortunately FOR YOU. Things are BEAUTIFUL for me. I was born here, I attend college here.

The pictures ARE REALITY. Stop deluding yourself.

You "live in america" and "are doing well" yet you can't forge a simple sentence? I see how "well" you are doing

lol, bobo focus on the message am trying to pass accros, leave my poor english conpositn.as u claim, if thingz really beautiful for u, u no go come nairalnad dey complain as like say obama collect bread for ur hand.who ask u for reality? all my friends wey i meet wey dem born here i never hear anyone complain, dem dey even try to b file for their other sibling back home.so, bobo quit hating abeg. give them the good side, encourage them. no dey say yankee bad. i no wan hear. and no complain about my english again o abeg.

6 Likes

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by Lucasbalo(m): 12:23am On Oct 03, 2013
[quote author=ozo_emeka][/quote]. You are what we call " useful idiot " . Being born in the US doesn't make any difference to me. That's why I didn't reply ur email. By the way, I got my MBA from Loyola University. A lot of natural born Americans are homeless. So u being born in the U S has no effect on me. To me u are a brainless ( Bambino ). Won't even comment anymore to your senseless post.

4 Likes

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by alaladakosta(f): 12:39am On Oct 03, 2013
barack_o_handso: I said it before, the OP is passing the right message in the wrong way. Badmouth USA all you want, millions are trooping in every year. Everyone wants to live the American dream. I get where the OP is getting at: more like 'you must double-hustle' to survive in the states.

@ alala dakosta, just answer these few questions.

Can an average Nigerian arrive in the USA today and expect to be catered for without doing little or no work?

Can an average Nigerian without an excellent academic qualification get a good job that pays well?

Can an average Nigerian survive bad weathers and or will not be subjected to racist chants?

Are bills not directly proportional to how well you work (or even inversely sef)?

bobo, average 9ja will survive anything, any weather conditn plus naturaly we are all born hustler, if a lady like me can make it here,i believe u can do better cus i have kids i have to spend time with.see the thing iz no be say its that easy here too, but comparing here to nigeria na wetting i no go gree. so fr u can work. and u finish secondary school u can better ur life by upgrading ur self. if na CNA u go do first work with, then later u go gor LPN or RN. see its depends on person wey u stay with jare.let me stop i no want make some people decode who i be.

4 Likes

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by ozoemeka(m): 3:00am On Oct 03, 2013
May the Odds be ever in their favor

barack_o_handso:

That's my point.
A typical Nigerian will have to experience being given a banana before accepting that racism is for real in America/Europe.
Your points are valid, but there have been people who survived them, even if not much, but telling people the down sides of USA while you're doing okay there sounds selfish on your part, they'll think you don't want them to experience it.
Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by ozoemeka(m): 3:03am On Oct 03, 2013
If you "focused on your english" you will grasp the DIFFERENCE between

Complaining

and

Stating Facts

Discussing actual events and allowing people have facts, is NOT complaining. Did I ever include myself in my posts? No

So again, the root of your problem here is simple comprehension

Did I EVER say the US was a bad country?

Again, the root of the issue here is C-O-M-P-R-E-H-E-N-S-I-O-N. I suggest READING my posts before typing
alala dakosta:

lol, bobo focus on the message am trying to pass accros, leave my poor english conpositn.as u claim, if thingz really beautiful for u, u no go come nairalnad dey complain as like say obama collect bread for ur hand.who ask u for reality? all my friends wey i meet wey dem born here i never hear anyone complain, dem dey even try to b file for their other sibling back home.so, bobo quit hating abeg. give them the good side, encourage them. no dey say yankee bad. i no wan hear. and no complain about my english again o abeg.

3 Likes

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by ozoemeka(m): 3:15am On Oct 03, 2013
Again, the fundamental here is your inability to READ and CONTEXTUALIZE.

1. I did NOT send you an email. I sent a REQUEST to send you an email PRIOR (KEYWORD) to reading your posts.

2. You attend a school where the 50% SAT score on MAth is 540-650 (IF, you attend(ed) LU Chicago)
Ranks 650 (a flopping 650) on the QS world Universities

and a 6 YEAR (6 FREAKING YEARS AND NOT EVEN A 100% GRAD RATE) graduation rate of 70%!!

Quinlan Business School is NOT EVEN RANKED/NOT CONSIDERED and merely made it to the List of Recognized "part-time MBA" programs. Their "Admitted students" scored 1165 on the SAT (is that even possible? LIKE that is BARELY making 1000 - WOW, dullards?), 45% job offers and admits 7 out of every 9 students. Is that even a school? It is probably a good idea to invite the entire Nigeria to attend there since I don't know if Community Colleges are more selective than that.

Shame Booth University Scores #1, and they're all in chicago. You couldn't make it to Booth's retarrd program would you?

My LOW SAT score on writing was 670.

And you have the nerve to call someone brainless.. SMH

Your inability to COME OFF educated is Alarming! If you were given an actual MBA (hopefully you were not one of the few FILLERS to FUND the program) you simply confirmed that the 650th place your school takes is possibly just an honor
Lucasbalo: . You are what we call " useful idiot " . Being born in the US doesn't make any difference to me. That's why I didn't reply ur email. By the way, I got my MBA from Loyola University. A lot of natural born Americans are homeless. So u being born in the U S has no effect on me. To me u are a brainless ( Bambino ). Won't even comment anymore to your senseless post.

2 Likes

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by alaladakosta(f): 5:21am On Oct 03, 2013
ozo_emeka: If you "focused on your english" you will grasp the DIFFERENCE between

Complaining

and

Stating Facts

Discussing actual events and allowing people have facts, is NOT complaining. Did I ever include myself in my posts? No

So again, the root of your problem here is simple comprehension

Did I EVER say the US was a bad country?

Again, the root of the issue here is C-O-M-P-R-E-H-E-N-S-I-O-N. I suggest READING my posts before typing

hey hold it!!! mr know all. why dont u go apply for a lecturing job instead coming here complaining bout ur miserable life in another mans country. dey their dey talk oyinbo, make me dey make my cool $$$. will hire u to teach my kids english.

9 Likes

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by Nobody: 5:47am On Oct 03, 2013
This woman is so dull! embarassed
All this guy is trying to do is help people make informed decisions before migrating undecided
alala dakosta:

hey hold it!!! mr know all. why dont u go apply for a lecturing job instead coming here complaining bout ur miserable life in another mans country. dey their dey talk oyinbo, make me dey make my cool $$$. will hire u to teach my kids english.

9 Likes

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by alaladakosta(f): 7:23am On Oct 03, 2013
spongeback: This woman is so dull! embarassed
All this guy is trying to do is help people make informed decisions before migrating undecided

u must be stupid, where did u come from without leash on your neck? informed decitn before migrating my foot. go thru his post in see the " information"his bn dishing out. if u need right info goto " dvlottery winner meet here thread" and see what they call right info for intending travellers. not this yankee bashing thread. dont quote me again in ur life.

10 Likes

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by Lucasbalo(m): 9:08am On Oct 03, 2013
spongeback: This woman is so dull! embarassed
. Who ask for his help ?. When did he become an official Nairaland visa counsellor ? . The guy is nothing but a bum. He is just a loser with no job. Anyone can come on Nairaland and spit out a lot of junk. He is just a vile human debris.

9 Likes

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by fittty(m): 12:03pm On Oct 03, 2013
Guys cut it!... We don't need all the insults.. We all know the US can't be compared to Nigeria. It'll be dumb to put both on a scale.... My on view is if God has destined you to make it big, even if you migrate to a troubled country such as Afghanistan, you surely will make it big... I understand the OP is trying to say US has its own defects too, but we all know and everyone knows you can't compare Nigeria to the US

2 Likes

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by fittty(m): 12:10pm On Oct 03, 2013
Originalsly: Moderator...why is this thread not on front page? Is it not topics like this that bring traffic to the site?

We have the best moderator I've noticed so far on Nairaland and trust me he did a great job by not putting this on the front page.. Common who will be so stupid to put a topic like this on the front page? YOU CANT COMPARE THE USA WITH NIGERIA. And that's why the thread never hit the front page!!!

2 Likes

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by ozoemeka(m): 12:36pm On Oct 03, 2013
If you can show me JUST ONE LINE where I "BASHED" the US

then You win.

JUST ONE

alala dakosta:

u must be stupid, where did u come from without leash on your neck? informed decitn before migrating my foot. go thru his post in see the " information"his bn dishing out. if u need right info goto " dvlottery winner meet here thread" and see what they call right info for intending travellers. not this yankee bashing thread. dont quote me again in ur life.
Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by ozoemeka(m): 12:43pm On Oct 03, 2013
You're salty I see. I struck a nerve when I called out your low class MBA? So you resort to cheap shots?
Let me CORRECT your facts, you are NOT GOOD at FACTS anyway

1. I am in college, an IVY ( A REAL SCHOOL, not LU C)
2. I have a job EVEN IN COLLEGE. I work at the executive level with DIRECT contact with CEOs and COOs - it's no "shocking factor" i know so much information.
3. I am not a "VISA counselor" that's a petty job, something someone with your level of MBA should be doing. I don't even know the first thing about how to get a visa.

4. You getting mad and calling FACTS junk does not MAKE IT junk, sadly. The world is sphere. If you are angry at that and call that junk does that "automatically" change the world into a square? No, it just shows how stupid you are.

5. If you can point out ONE JUNK just ONE then you win and your MBA is valid.

6. EVERY SINGLE statistic I have pulled out have sources (including the statistics on your corner school)

7. You know what civilized people do when they are upset? They argue OBJECTIVELY and LOGICALLY. They don't get emotional.

8. If you are "so successful" (as you keep lying to yourself) then why is the FACT that I point out that the US has homeless people, the US IS not the number one in so many issues people THINK they are number one in, the US has the highest rate of incarceration REALLY eating you?

Something you're not telling us? Are you in the US with forged "papers" Immigrant? You want me to call the INS on you?

Lucasbalo: . Who ask for his help ?. When did he become an official Nairaland visa counsellor ? . The guy is nothing but a bum. He is just a loser with no job. Anyone can come on Nairaland and spit out a lot of junk. He is just a vile human debris.

7 Likes

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by Nobody: 12:46pm On Oct 03, 2013
I asked you how do Black Americans see the Nigerian Pidgin english and you started confusing me with your BIG Grammers... Don't worry I will not move this to the frontpage if you don't answer me angry
Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by ozoemeka(m): 12:50pm On Oct 03, 2013
I answered your question.

From what I know Blacks see "AFRICANS" (including their "pidgin english" ) in a condescending way. Regardless of what part of "africa" you are from.

god_of_music: I asked you how do Black Americans see the Nigerian Pidgin english and you started confusing me with your BIG Grammers... Don't worry I will not move this to the frontpage if you don't answer me angry
Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by barackohandso(m): 2:28pm On Oct 03, 2013
@ OP, I told you already. You're passing the right info in the wrong way.

People know these things already. They're just gonna make you feel like a villain.
Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by Originalsly: 2:49pm On Oct 03, 2013
fittty:

We have the best moderator I've noticed so far on Nairaland and trust me he did a great job by not putting this on the front page.. Common who will be so stupid to put a topic like this on the front page? YOU CANT COMPARE THE USA WITH NIGERIA. And that's why the thread never hit the front page!!!
Comparing USA to Nigeria...is that the topic? If it were the topic I would agree with you....but that is not the topic. You guys tire me.

2 Likes

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by Originalsly: 2:57pm On Oct 03, 2013
god_of_music: I asked you how do Black Americans see the Nigerian Pidgin english and you started confusing me with your BIG Grammers... Don't worry I will not move this to the frontpage if you don't answer me angry
So this is why the topic is not moved to front page? Is this your question not derailing the thread?...violating your own rules? Your question is a good one but ignored only because it is in the wrong place. Abeg...stop holding the thread hostage and release it to FP.

1 Like

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by alaladakosta(f): 3:01pm On Oct 03, 2013
ozo_emeka: If you can show me JUST ONE LINE where I "BASHED" the US

then You win.

JUST ONE

Common emeka,im not here for a win or lose battle.I can see u still in college. my mistake,honestly i shoudnt have reply ur thread. when u old enough,when u have mouths to feed we can now talk. over n out.

4 Likes

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Oct 03, 2013
tongue

1 Like

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Oct 03, 2013
Originalsly: So this is why the topic is not moved to front page? Is this your question not derailing the thread?...violating your own rules? Your question is a good one but ignored only because it is in the wrong place. Abeg...stop holding the thread hostage and release it to FP.
Ok, it will be moved to the frontpage. Just wait
Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by chiboy1928(m): 4:25pm On Oct 03, 2013
ozo_emeka: One thing Nairaland has taught me; I have learned that so many Nigerians living in Nigeria want anything BUT Nigeria. Some make it a lifelong MISSION to come to America where they "believe" it is the "LAND OF THE FREE" and "ANYONE" can make it. These Nigerians save and save and hustle to DO ANYTHING to come to "America" / Yankee. They give up EVERYTHING they ever had or knew to come and "enjoy" greener pastures (or so their TVs informed them). However 5 years into staying in America they realize that Life was more manageable than they could ever imagine in America. Here are some pointers on the REAL AMERICA, to those living in America feel free to add in.

1. America is NOT FUN when you do not know anybody. If you are coming here "on your own" and THINK you can easily "settle down", think again. You need an address at the airport and almost everything you need to do here requires an address. Ekene your "guy" from primary 6 can only allow you stay in his house for so long before he will require you to pay rent. Tosin your paddy from Lagos is not going to be your guide forever which leads to the next bit

2.Nothing is free in America. Absolutely nothing. DO NOT expect Okwudili to give you a ride to work, he will ask you for gas money. You are either going to join Okwudili in "hustling" or get your own life, which you will learn is HARD especially for immigrants.

3. Life is toughER for Immigrants in America. From not having a SSN to get jobs, to people simply discriminating for your "accent". You will LEARN that America is not the least bit tolerant for immigrants. Especially if you come to places that are predominantly white. Unfortunately what I end up seeing Nigerians adopt is the "akata" way. A LOT of them end up trying to speak ebonics and they just sound stupid and ridiculous. "nigggaz is tryna hoop yo". No. Your azz never hooped before when did you become a "niggga tryna hoop"?

4. Dressing. Appearance is EVERYTHING [img]http://loladesowoolu.files./2011/02/dis-n-dart-eldee.jpg[/img]

These are NOT, repeat, NOT "american" dressing. The earlier you learn the better. The "americans" who dress that way are SEVERELY DISCRIMINATED AND MARGINALIZED in society. Sure you may say, well the "wealthy" american hiphop stars dress that way....Guess what. Those who do are DISCRIMINATED against. Don't believe me - check...a lot end up in jail etc. The "REAL wealthy ones" a la Jay z and Sean Combs DO NOT, dress that way. A word is enough for the wise.

[img]http://static4.fjcdn.com/comments/3952559+_32f833b5d94d8672fba5fa70599ca54b.jpg[/img]

5. You learn quickly that America is NOT the land of the free and get crammed up with "the rest" so 5 years in you start to fight hard to PROVE you are not like "THEM". You get mad when people say you are "black"

[img]http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Black+People+Problems.+This+is+a+repost+but+of+my_906b64_3952559.jpg[/img] [img]http://static4.fjcdn.com/comments/Or+belts+_82040ac9119c9baf304ec6a77f453fec.jpg[/img]

6. The America on TV is NOT the same as the REAL America. The skyscrapers and beautiful scenes from Tv shows and movies are just in a few places. Downtown, NYC, Miami, LA, DC. Just like you have SOME VERY beautiful places in Abuja, and Lagos. The real america, sometimes looks like this

[img]http://swordattheready.files./2013/07/black-ghetto.jpg[/img]
(this is actually a GOOD picture of NY) ask

Bmore

[img]http://4.bp..com/-Jj_rbhvlrxc/TwdyQ7MMhHI/AAAAAAAACtI/8iJR4M2NiGA/s1600/baltimore%2Bghetto.jpg[/img]
Miami
MIAMI
Miami
Florida
Los Angeles
LA
Oakland California
Atlanta
Atlanta
Washington DC, couple blocks from the White House, you can see this mess from the white house

my guy stop spreading false information cos u knw notin about america so stop painting bad image abt the country if u are jobless or frustrated u can migrate to irag or afghanistan rather than waste ur parents gigabytes online spilling thrash about america u knw notin about remember if it doesn't work for u in the state doesn't mean it work for others everybody star and destiny is diffrent ok so stopp making dat noise and let us hear word abeg!!!

2 Likes

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by Lucasbalo(m): 4:28pm On Oct 03, 2013
ozo_emeka: You're salty I see. I struck a nerve when I called out your low class MBA? So you resort to cheap shots?
Let me CORRECT your facts, you are NOT GOOD at FACTS anyway

1. I am in college, an IVY ( A REAL SCHOOL, not LU C)
2. I have a job EVEN IN COLLEGE. I work at the executive level with DIRECT contact with CEOs and COOs - it's no "shocking factor" i know so much information.
3. I am not a "VISA counselor" that's a petty job, something someone with your level of MBA should be doing. I don't even know the first thing about how to get a visa.

4. You getting mad and calling FACTS junk does not MAKE IT junk, sadly. The world is sphere. If you are angry at that and call that junk does that "automatically" change the world into a square? No, it just shows how stupid you are.

5. If you can point out ONE JUNK just ONE then you win and your MBA is valid.

6. EVERY SINGLE statistic I have pulled out have sources (including the statistics on your corner school)

7. You know what civilized people do when they are upset? They argue OBJECTIVELY and LOGICALLY. They don't get emotional.

8. If you are "so successful" (as you keep lying to yourself) then why is the FACT that I point out that the US has homeless people, the US IS not the number one in so many issues people THINK they are number one in, the US has the highest rate of incarceration REALLY eating you?

Something you're not telling us? Are you in the US with forged "papers" Immigrant? You want me to call the INS on you?

. It shows how dump and stupid u are. Go and talk to anyone from the Midwest and ask about Loyola university . It's one of d top catholic colleges in d Midwest . It's irrelevant to argue with a dunderhead like u still trying to find your way thru life if infant you are still in college. You said you are a student in an Ivy League school. Yea you are right, president Obama is my cousin. You google all this crap on d Internet and try to make people think u know better. Impress the fools that doesn't know better. Not people that are way ahead of u in all spheres of life. Come talk to me after u are done with college and get something positive going in your life. I am comfortable enough to sponsor u thru college. By the way, u mentioned that you work in direct contact with CEO. Whoa , u r a know nothing clown. Waiting for ur immigration officers , need free ticket to Nigeria , my vacation is coming up soon. Bye fool.

6 Likes

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by Pasca07: 7:06pm On Oct 03, 2013
Lol one thing dis emeka doesnt know is that,nigerians don't need all dis stuff u are posting here because we are born to adapt to any situation we find ourselves so stop dissipating your energy on irrelevant things.pls come back to naija and see how graduates are suffering with no job let alone having there own apartment..but in USA the reverse is the case

1 Like

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by GHPATRIOT(m): 7:21pm On Oct 03, 2013
Originalsly: So this is why the topic is not moved to front page? Is this your question not derailing the thread?...violating your own rules? Your question is a good one but ignored only because it is in the wrong place. Abeg...stop holding the thread hostage and release it to FP.

Hahahahahaa!...... He is not a M0derator 00! Check 0ut his P0sts!

Rumors On Being A 'moderator' In
Nairaland

god_of_music:
There have been rumors circulating
rapidly in Nairaland and at the Public on
being a MODERATOR.
They say before one can be a MOD he/
her must:
1.He/her must always be careful and
decent with words.
2.He/her must be fair
3.He/her must be over 2years on
Nairaland
4.And most importantly He/her must
create a topic that gains alot of Views
and over 70000 comments with pages
hitting on above 1000 pages.
This is serious and we are curious.
Is it true?? https://www.nairaland.com/1424201/rumors-being-moderator-nairaland

I Was Banned For Nothing; I Quit
Nairaland

god_of_music:
The new MOD on the TV/movies section
banned me;
Banned by Briareos in TV/Movies for
Derailing of
thread, instigating fights, fighting, and
insulting
members . Ban expires on 11:18pm On
Sep 23
Meanwhile I wasn't the one who started
the fight and the person who started the
fight www.nairaland.com/kslib wasn't
banned because he is a close friend to
Briareos....this is INJUSTICE!!! I'm no
longer a nairalander! I quit it!! I'm
OUT!!! https://www.nairaland.com/1442348/banned-nothing-quit-nairaland#18193631

Do you ^^^ still Believe he is a M0derator?
Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by fittty(m): 7:45pm On Oct 03, 2013
ozo_emeka: One thing I have learned is that Nigerians can really be blocked heads. No wonder the west just uses you all and takes you for a big ride. I see why now. The way you all "SEE THINGS" is amazing.

1. Did I ever "COMPARE" the US to Nigeria? What is the title of this thread?

Young man, your thread is indirectly comparing the US and NIGERIA. You are asking nairalanders who intend migrating to the US if they really know where they are heading to, so that would leave them with weighing their opportunities in both countries. An average Nigerian would want to stick to migrating anyday anytime. Go take a look at the visa lottery thread/ Study Thread. If you're having a difficult time in the US then get on the next flight to Nigeria.

You obviously don't know what graduates face in Nigeria. After spending years of studying hard coupled with strikes and all, you end up in the labor market for years searching for jobs....

You are still 20 years, when you're all grown and face the challenges of life rather than checking google then you'll know what grown men are talking about

Originalsly: Comparing USA to Nigeria...is that the topic? If it were the topic I would agree with you....but that is not the topic. You guys tire me.

Use your initiatives, The topic boils down to comparing surviving in both countries

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (35) (Reply)

Lagosian Turns Keke Into Rover.... To Avoid Ban / I Finally Stepped Out Of The House After Two More Months Of Quarantine (photos) / Christian Emeka Ibeagwa Dies In U.S.A. Do You Know Him?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.