Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,534 members, 7,816,304 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? (16637 Views)

"Pursuing Strategy Of Destruction Of Israel" Is Top Priority: IRGC / Who Was The God Of The Old Testament? / In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by Kobojunkie: 4:28am On Dec 20, 2022
jmoore:
Jehovah is the only true God. He sent his only begotten son Jesus Christ to die for the salvation of everyone.
The salvation of Israel, not everyone. undecided
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by Kobojunkie: 4:31am On Dec 20, 2022
Ibime:
1. The people of Israel don't even recognise the Roman (Christian) version of their God, yet some Colomentality people will tell you God of Israel is the God of the world.

2. Anyway, that one no concern me. Make God of Israel dey for Israel abeg. My own God is Fenibeso.
1. And rightly so since God did not promise them, the people of Israel, a religion but a Law, a Covenant/Agreement. Jesus Christ is God's New agreement promised to the people of Israel only. The religion known as Christianity(aka Churchianism) has nothing to do with God or that which He promised to them. undecided
2. He is for Isreal, His Israel which He scattered to every tongue and every tribe and every nation of this world. undecided
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by Kobojunkie: 4:46am On Dec 20, 2022
macof:
or how you are brainwashed. Because it's on brainwashing dat wud make a person born by Yoruba parents, living in yorubaland that wud be Christian
Your logic makes no sense of any kind, since it suggests that your place of birth is meant to determine your religion, not even your ancestry. Consider a Japanese man born in Lagos to Japanese parents, is he then meant by reason of his birth to worship Yoruba gods? Una too dey let una mouth run first without engaging the brain first. undecided
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by Kobojunkie: 4:48am On Dec 20, 2022
macof:
I wonder why I must worship an Israeli God, when I have my Yoruba God to worship
You are free to worship your yoruba god, but you have no right to impose him on the man whose ancestry is not same as yours. undecided
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by jmoore(m): 9:04am On Dec 20, 2022
Kobojunkie:
The salvation of Israel, not everyone. undecided
It's too early to be drunk. 4am?
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by Kobojunkie: 9:05am On Dec 20, 2022
jmoore:
It's too early to be drunk. 4am?
Jesus Christ told you that He was sent only to the lost sheep of israel. Do you not believe Him? lipsrsealed
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by jmoore(m): 9:23am On Dec 20, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ told you that He was sent only to the lost sheep of israel. Do you not believe Him? lipsrsealed

Did Jesus finally help the Canaanite woman or not?

Isaiah 42:6
“I, the LORD, have called you in righteousness;>I will take hold of your hand. I will keep you and will make you to be a covenant for the people and a light for the Gentiles,

Acts 10

Peter at Cornelius’s House

The next day Peter started out with them, and some of the believers from Joppa went along. The following day he arrived in Caesarea.

Cornelius was expecting them and had called together his relatives and close friends. As Peter entered the house, Cornelius met him and fell at his feet in reverence. But Peter made him get up. “Stand up,” he said, “I am only a man myself.”

While talking with him, Peter went inside and found a large gathering of people. He said to them: “You are well aware that it is against our law for a Jew to associate with or visit a Gentile. But God has shown me that I should not call anyone impure or unclean. So when I was sent for, I came without raising any objection. May I ask why you sent for me?”

Cornelius answered: “Three days ago I was in my house praying at this hour, at three in the afternoon. Suddenly a man in shining clothes stood before me and said, ‘Cornelius, God has heard your prayer and remembered your gifts to the poor. Send to Joppa for Simon who is called Peter. He is a guest in the home of Simon the tanner, who lives by the sea.’ So I sent for you immediately, and it was good of you to come. Now we are all here in the presence of God to listen to everything the Lord has commanded you to tell us.”

Then Peter began to speak: “I now realize how true it is that God does not show favoritism but accepts from every nation the one who fears him and does what is right. You know the message God sent to the people of Israel, announcing the good news of peace through Jesus Christ, who is Lord of all.

44 While Peter was still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit came on all who heard the message. The circumcised believers who had come with Peter were astonished that the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out even on Gentiles. For they heard them speaking in tongues and praising God.

Then Peter said, “Surely no one can stand in the way of their being baptized with water. They have received the Holy Spirit just as we have.” So he ordered that they be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Then they asked Peter to stay with them for a few days.
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by Kobojunkie: 9:48am On Dec 20, 2022
jmoore:
1. Did Jesus finally help the Canaanite woman or not?
1. But what Jesus Christ he allowed the woman to have was the crumb that fell from the master table, not that which is Holy and belongs only to the children of the master. lipsrsealed

You mentioned Isaiah 42, and I wonder what question you have of what is written there. Isaiah being the very same who revealed that Jesus Christ would be sent to to gather back the lost sheep of israel from among the Gentiles- from every tongue, every tribe and every nation of the world.. undecided

As for Cornelius, you are told that Cornelius was a good/just man who gave to the poor. That there is evidence that Cornelius was an Israelite who lived according to the Old Law, the standard by which he was declared just.. undecided
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by sonmvayina(m): 10:22am On Dec 20, 2022
There is only one God and creator of all..

It is the name that is different.....

God is the universal consciousnesses...fully embodied and personified...

Not an old man up in the sky or a Jew that was crucified...(that is idolatry)

God has no physical form.....
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by jmoore(m): 10:40am On Dec 20, 2022
Kobojunkie:

As for Cornelius, you are told that Cornelius was a good/just man who gave to the poor. That there is evidence that Cornelius was an Israelite who lived according to the Old Law, the standard by which he was declared just.. undecided

Dude, learn to accept the truth and stop twisting it..Cornelius was a gentile!!
That you a human being decide to bark like a dog doesn't mean you are a dog.

Go back and read the references I made.
Go and study Acts chapter 10 for two weeks before you reply me.
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by Kobojunkie: 3:24pm On Dec 20, 2022
jmoore:
1 Dude, learn to accept the truth and stop twisting it..Cornelius was a gentile!!

2. That you a human being decide to bark like a dog doesn't mean you are a dog. Go back and read the references I made.
3. Go and study Acts chapter 10 for two weeks before you reply me.
1. How could a gentile have been declared a just man by a standard that only applied as far as the Israelites alone ?
▪︎Are you insisting that God of Israel lied in Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20, Ezekiel 18 vs 1 - 32 & Ezekiel 33 vs 9 - 20?
▪︎Are you insinuating that, against Jesus Christ, who declared that the Father sent Him only to the Lost sheep of Israel, the angel who appeared to Cornelius invalidated that declared by Jesus Christ regarding His Kingdom? undecided
▪︎ Are you suggesting that Jesus Christ was not in fact doing the Will of His Father when He instructed His followers not to give to the dogs that which is Holy .i.e the agreement which God promised to the house of Jacob? undecided

2. So it is only when a human barks like a dog that he can be a dog? Yet the Canaanite woman didn't fight the suggesting that that was indeed a dog to the house of Israel, how come? undecided

3. I suggest you instead invest more of your time in understanding the gospel because you seem not to believe he is who you say He is to you. You wait for your pastors and mogs, and their doctrines, to catch up on God's Truth in vain; those men are not for you but against you. undecided
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by macof(m): 9:44pm On Dec 21, 2022
Kobojunkie:
You are free to worship your yoruba god, but you have no right to impose him on the man whose ancestry is not same as yours. undecided

Taje your own advice.
Christianity and Islam should be chased to where they came from.
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by Kobojunkie: 11:07pm On Jan 02, 2023
FOLYKAZE:
Yes, Well actually, I wasn't the one who wrote 1 kings 20:28.. And i am not the servant of the king who called Yahweh god of the hill. You should focus on Judge 1:19 where he couldn't defeat iron chariot on plain ground...
There are numerous hill god out there. You can nake your wmown researchSave that sermon to Christians who would have interest.

All I know is that Yahweh realistically doesn't exist. On theological ground, he only exist within the scripture and he isn't the supreme God but rather the son of canaanite El. As a matter of fact, the Jewish rabbis systematically fashioned Yahweh of the old testament from nature of El, Baal, Chemosh, and Asherat
I decided it was best to circle back and correct your ridiculous assertions regarding YHWH when the holidays are over and so here I am with correction to your claim that scripture supports this foolish idea which you have which is that YHWH is a mountain god. undecided

According to 1 Kings 20, the Aramean people had assumed YHWH was a mountain god, reasoning that if they had a second battle with the Israelites in the valley, they, the army of Aram would win against the Israelites. undecided
23 King Ben-Hadad’s officers said to him, “The gods of Israel are mountain gods. We fought in a mountain area, so the Israelites won. If we fight them on level ground, we will win.
24 Also, don’t let the 32 kings command the armies. Put your commanders in charge of the armies.
25 Let’s gather an army like the one that was destroyed. Gather as many men, horses, and chariots as before, and fight the Israelites on level ground. Then we will win.” Ben-Hadad followed their advice and did what they said.
26 So in the spring, Ben-Hadad gathered the men of Aram and went to Aphek to fight against Israel.
27 The Israelites also prepared for war and went to fight the army of Aram. They made their camp opposite the camp of Aram. The Aramean soldiers filled the land, but Israel’s army looked like two small flocks of goats.
28 A man of God came to the king of Israel with this message: “The Lord said, ‘The people of Aram said that I, the Lord, am a god of the mountains and not a god of the valleys. So I will let you defeat this great army. Then all of you will know that I am the Lord, wherever you are!’”
29 The armies were camped across from each other for seven days. On the seventh day the battle began. The Israelites killed 100,000 Aramean soldiers in one day.
30 The survivors ran away to the city of Aphek. The wall of the city fell on 27,000 of those soldiers. Ben-Hadad also ran away to the city and hid in a room.
31 His servants said to him, “We heard that the kings of Israel are merciful. Let’s dress in rough cloth with ropes on our heads. Then let’s go to the king of Israel. Maybe he will let us live.”
32 They dressed in rough cloth with ropes on their heads. They came to the king of Israel. They said, “Your servant, Ben-Hadad, says, ‘Please let me live.’” Ahab said, “Is he still alive? He is my brother.”
33 Ben-Hadad’s men wanted King Ahab to say something to show that he would not kill King Ben-Hadad. When Ahab called Ben-Hadad his brother, the advisors quickly said, “Yes! Ben-Hadad is your brother.” Ahab said, “Bring him to me.” So Ben-Hadad came to King Ahab. King Ahab asked him to get in the chariot with him.
34 Ben-Hadad said to him, “Ahab, I will give you the towns that my father took from your father. And you can put shops in Damascus, as my father did in Samaria.” Ahab answered, “If you agree to this, I will let you go free.” So the two kings made a peace agreement. Then King Ahab let King Ben-Hadad go free. - 1 Kings 20 vs 23 - 34
So, next time, don't just use a search filter to search keywords and then blindly quote them in order to win cheap brownie points for yourself. Take time out to in fact read the book so you at least have knowledge on your side and not ignorant rants to throw around all in a bid to claim a false victory. undecided
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:50pm On Jan 03, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I decided it was best to circle back and correct your ridiculous assertions regarding YHWH when the holidays are over and so here I am with correction to your claim that scripture supports this foolish idea which you have which is that YHWH is a mountain god. undecided

According to 1 Kings 20, the Aramean people had assumed YHWH was a mountain god, reasoning that if they had a second battle with the Israelites in the valley, they, the army of Aram would win against the Israelites. undecided
So, next time, don't just use a search filter to search keywords and then blindly quote them in order to win cheap brownie points for yourself. Take time out to in fact read the book so you at least have knowledge on your side and not ignorant rants to throw around all in a bid to claim a false victory. undecided

Victory!
. Like Nairaland dey pay you for winning some argument?
. Abeg na new year we dey. Carry your argument pass me. Cheers
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by Kobojunkie: 4:07pm On Jan 03, 2023
FOLYKAZE:
Victory!
. Like Nairaland dey pay you for winning some argument?
. Abeg na new year we dey. Carry your argument pass me. Cheers
LOL....this is coming from the one who intended before now to win cheap victory points in ignorance —even went as far as to pretend himself a knowledgable traditional worshipper saying Yahweh is known as Orisa oke. Was Nairaland paying you for winning arguments than with what are lies? undecided

Abegi, borrow a brain this new year if you must! Ignorance is not bliss. undecided
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by sonmvayina(m): 4:24pm On Jan 03, 2023
The Jews worship the creator of heaven and earth, who the yorubas call Eledumare, the Igbos call CHUKWU, the Egyptian called Ra, the Babylonian called Marduk, the Bini's call Osanobua, the akwa ibom call Abassi...

Same being different nomenclature
Different exoteric stories...

Same spiritual truth...

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Winners' Chapel Declares 7-Day Fasting For The Rescue Of The Soul Of Nigeria / Paul Adefarasin And Wife, Ifeanyi Adefarasin Celebrate 23rd Wedding Anniversary / What Is The Difference Between Soul Winning And Evangelism?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.