Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,513 members, 7,816,239 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:08 AM

Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? (16636 Views)

"Pursuing Strategy Of Destruction Of Israel" Is Top Priority: IRGC / Who Was The God Of The Old Testament? / In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by Emusan(m): 1:40pm On Oct 13, 2013
The truth sayr: Am sorry for saying this becoz i dnt knw if it may hurt some1. The real/correct bible was changed by ancient chriatian leaders, after changing it, they then hide the real bible of prophet ISAH(jesus{a.s}) so that we the end people will not see the truth about God and his Messengers. Beer with me, just think, have u ever seen where Qur'an verse was changed? or even a single alphabet was changed from the holy Qur'an?. I can remember this year(about last 4-5month) that was shown in many satelite chanel medias that 1 of the hidden real bible is in TURKEY, but the holders request for a great amout of money for each page of it for them to release it, but i dont knw why no1 cares about it again. Pls and please am sorry if it hurts u, thank u for beering with me.........

I can't just laughing at Muslim people
Sura 5:117 says Jesus died but by checking another version is another thing.

The version that I read says "....when you cause me to die" I'm still looking for the person who translated it.

Two versions maulana & ahadees says the same thing but some version has change the phrase "....cause me to die" to "...when you took me up"

A Muslim guy once said there is no verse in the quran which says so, when I show him the one I read he resolted to misinterpretation.. I was just laughing.

Shalom!
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by lanrexlan(m): 1:40pm On Oct 13, 2013
atuagbo:
The weed you sm*ke dey worrying you. Go eat & sleep, bet when you wake up, you go dey normal
Lol,Is that your defense? grin
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by Mintayo(m): 1:48pm On Oct 13, 2013
Garri_Activist: Guy don't be fooled! That story book called bible is written by the christian cults against the truth, The Holy Qur'an..

They took informations from The Holy Qur'an and twist them up just to deceive mugus like you. I pray your heart hasn't been darken from the truth already, cos once it's in the darkness, you can be able to see the light unless by Allah's grace..

I go dey pray for una dey go sha! May Allah open your hearts and save you from destruction.. Hell fire!

Na that time you go remember say..."Aaah, and Garri_Activist of Nairaland have to told me o. If to say I hear now e for no be like dis" me go just dey look you from my heavenly big plasma TV, I no know wether na LG or Panasonic but I believe say God go get hin own special design for me.. Na flexing thing be that oh!

One big tray of igboh go dey by my left, a big bottle of wine by right.. Original first grade fresh coll d milk go dey.. and my chicalas dem go full gorundwink
interesting,i am hearing something new,Bible writen from the quran,the greatest lie of all,d greatest deception of all.
I don't why you people just enjoyed being decieved like this.
I guess mohammed came before Jesus too...smh.
And again,what is d meaning of allah's grace? Is there anything like that? Another 'copy-catting?' smh...
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by MEILYN(m): 1:48pm On Oct 13, 2013
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by trolling(m): 1:48pm On Oct 13, 2013
Do your research on Jehovah, hovah translates to mischief, ruin, and there are no J's in Hebrew, Aramaic, Greek, so where the heck do you guys get Jehovah from..
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by HUGES: 2:11pm On Oct 13, 2013
Lol no chief, d God of Israel is not a racist o. Jst dat at a time wen men from all race were worshipping diff manner of man made objects as well as their dead ancestors, a certain man called Abram decided in his hrt that d God and creator of d universe cannot b a mere object moulded by men. Of course he had no idea of who God was at the time, but his believe that God was bigger than d hrts of men cld fathom (wat was letter recorded to him as faith) endeared him to God. That was why God promised to reveal Himself to d whole world using Abram's race.He chose to ignore even his own fathers gods. D man they call Israel is actually d grandson of Abraham.
So u see He's not a racist, lol, is choice of Abraham's race was a just one. Do u knw ther were kingdoms in bible days dat defeated Israel in battle? Some were as a result of their sturbborness, but ther were also some wh were as a result of d faith and obedience of those kingdoms. Plus, God's strictness with d law was jst to prove dat man by nature can't keep laws. His long run purpose was for man to live by grace not big law. Besides I can't rmbr wen last I addressed Him as d God of Israel, because I personally address Him as My God and Lord lol.

2 Likes

Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by Msgamble: 2:17pm On Oct 13, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Surah 56, verses 77-80: This is a glorious reading on a book well kept, which none but the purified teach. This is a revelation from the Lord of the Worlds.
Surah 25, verse 5: They said: Tales of the ancient which he has caused to be written and they are dictated to him morning and evening.

Where was the quran plagiarized? Bible....bible is what? Tale. What happen to quran? It become designated tale.

Same BS
Imagine this one saying Quran is nt corrupted? Really? Is d book nt full of 'Satanic verses', Salman Rushdie explained this in his book n challenged any muslim scholar on Aljazeera last yrs to prove his qouted hadiths n quran verse incorrect instead they issued fatwa to murder him..Salvation is 4 d jews but is came to Gentiles(rest of d world) when OUR LORD n SAVIOUR CHRIST order His Disciples to bamptized all nations in name of Father, Son n the Holy Spirit(matt 28: 16-20, Luke 24: 44-49, Act 1: 4-8, Mark 16: 14-18, John 20: 19-23, 1col 1:23)..GOD of israel is 'D GOD OF ALL NATIONS'(muslim,budhist,hindu? Idol, No)
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by Liverpoolfc(m): 2:45pm On Oct 13, 2013
lanrexlan: The biblical god is the god of Israel.
Psalm 106:48 (NIV) -Praise be to the LORD,the God of Israel,from everlasting to everlasting.Let all the people say,Amen! Praise the LORD.

Amos 3:1-2 (NIV) -Hear this word the LORD has spoken against you,O people of Israel--against the whole family I brought up out of Egypt.You only have I chosen of all the families of the earth;therefore I will punish you for all your sins.

2 Chronicles 6:4 (NIV) -Then he said:Praise be to the LORD,the God of Israel,who with his hands has fulfilled what he promised with his mouth to my father David.

Deuteronomy 33:29 (NIV) -Blessed are you, O Israel! Who is like you,a people saved by the LORD? He is your shield and helper and your glorious sword.Your enemies will cower before you,and you will trample down their high places
But Allah(swt) is the lord of Mankind.Allah says in the glorious Quran in Surah An-Anbiyaa 21:92 -Truly! This,your Ummah [Religion (Islamic Monotheism)] is one religion,and I am your Lord,therefore worship Me (Alone)
Surah Al-Faitha 1:2 -All the praises and thanks be to Allah,the Lord of the 'Alamin (mankind,jinns and all that exists)
.....Peace
there is nothing I will not learn in nairaland. So the God of Host, the God of lsreal, moses, Jacob is not the same as allah. I used to think the arabic word for God is allah not knowing it is a man made god. Pls educate me more
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by grandstar(m): 2:52pm On Oct 13, 2013
BE RIGHT BACK!
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by macof(m): 3:08pm On Oct 13, 2013
tobechi74: Who is God of nigeria?
there is no Nigeria like there is Israel. so there's nothing like God of Nigeria
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by oluagness(m): 3:09pm On Oct 13, 2013
lanrexlan: The biblical god is the god of Israel.
Psalm 106:48 (NIV) -Praise be to the LORD,the God of Israel,from everlasting to everlasting.Let all the people say,Amen! Praise the LORD.

Amos 3:1-2 (NIV) -Hear this word the LORD has spoken against you,O people of Israel--against the whole family I brought up out of Egypt.You only have I chosen of all the families of the earth;therefore I will punish you for all your sins.

2 Chronicles 6:4 (NIV) -Then he said:Praise be to the LORD,the God of Israel,who with his hands has fulfilled what he promised with his mouth to my father David.

Deuteronomy 33:29 (NIV) -Blessed are you, O Israel! Who is like you,a people saved by the LORD? He is your shield and helper and your glorious sword.Your enemies will cower before you,and you will trample down their high places
But Allah(swt) is the lord of Mankind.Allah says in the glorious Quran in Surah An-Anbiyaa 21:92 -Truly! This,your Ummah [Religion (Islamic Monotheism)] is one religion,and I am your Lord,therefore worship Me (Alone)
Surah Al-Faitha 1:2 -All the praises and thanks be to Allah,the Lord of the 'Alamin (mankind,jinns and all that exists)
.....Peace
Muhammad was very wise and sentimental, he diligently copied the bible and removed some part.
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by macof(m): 3:11pm On Oct 13, 2013
jmoore: Jehovah is the only true God. He sent his only begotten son Jesus Christ to die for the salvation of everyone.
fuxk Jehovah and his gay son

1 Like

Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by macof(m): 3:13pm On Oct 13, 2013
masonkz: The God you believe in depends on where you are born.

or how you are brainwashed. Because it's on brainwashing dat wud make a person born by Yoruba parents, living in yorubaland that wud be Christian

1 Like

Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by macof(m): 3:16pm On Oct 13, 2013
Garri_Activist: The God of Israel is the God of Egypt, HE is also The God of Jesus! And He is The God of Moses, Abraham, Isaac. He is The God of USA, CHINA, JAPAN, NIGERIA, God of the universe..

He's name is Allah cool
see idiotic Arabian camel. Abeg go to china and tell them their God is Allah, you go come back with kung fu beating
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by macof(m): 3:17pm On Oct 13, 2013
Mintayo:
honestly you have said the truth,No Bible no quran.
@Op,God is the God of all mankind,He is the God of all flesh!
He is called the God of Israel because of the covenant He made with Abraham,Isaac and Jacob.
I wonder why I must worship an Israeli God, when I have my Yoruba God to worship
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by macof(m): 3:26pm On Oct 13, 2013
Ibime: The people of Israel don't even recognise the Roman (Christian) version of their God, yet some Colomentality people will tell you God of Israel is the God of the world.

Anyway, that one no concern me. Make God of Israel dey for Israel abeg. My own God is Fenibeso.
my brother you are blessed with wisdom.

The Jews who actually own this God, don't portray him the way Christians do.

I have a Jewish Facebook friend dat told me christianity is crap, dat they rubbish the image of their God.

Like I was shoked to read about how much Jews and Christians disagree about God. And I wonder, wat is African business with Jehovah or Yahweh? Why can't a Yoruba worship Olodumare, and Igbo worship chineke. Is this not mental slavery?

2 Likes

Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by Nobody: 3:33pm On Oct 13, 2013
macof: or how you are brainwashed. Because it's on brainwashing dat wud make a person born by Yoruba parents, living in yorubaland that wud be Christian

Actually, the white man brainwashed your forefathers into thinking that drugs were "miracles", thereby making them buy into Christianity and Islam. Or have you seen that same Yoruba person who became a Christian without the influence of some other Christian?

Either your parents taught you the tenets of a Religion or someone else coerces you into believing in the Religion. Hence the switch from Christian to Islam for some people and Islam to Christianity for some other people.

Ifyou were colonised by the Chinese you would be singinga different song today.

2 Likes

Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by macof(m): 3:53pm On Oct 13, 2013
Votukpa:

LET ME BE EMPHATIC HERE: THE SO CALLED NATION OF ISRAEL CURRENTLY IN THE MIDDLE EAST IS NOT YEHOVAHS PEOPLE. YEHOVAHS PEOPLE IS THE WORLDWIDE COMMUNITY OF CHRISTIANS OR THE BODY OF CHRIST.

Shalom.
see mumu. You want educated people to believe that Israel is not the nation of Jehovah, it's ur local village that should be jehovah's nation.

You really lack sense o, dat means you don't read Bible, because if you do, you would have seen Israel being refered to as Jehovah's nation on numerous occasions. In fact Jehovah is against all other nations, including ur village
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by macof(m): 3:58pm On Oct 13, 2013
Votukpa: the God of ysrael (rulers with God) is called Yehovah or Yahwe- he is the God of the Christians. this God also came down in the flesh to save human kind from the second death: YASHUA (YEHOVA THE SAVIOR). The following verses tells us something about what Yehovah says about himself...

Isaiah 45:3b -4
...the Lord (Yehovah), which call thee by thy name, am the God (elohim) of Israel. 4 For Jacob my servant's sake, and Israel mine elect, I have even called thee by thy name: I have surnamed thee, though thou hast not known me.

Isaiah 45:5-6
I am the Lord (Yehovah), and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:  That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the Lord (Yehovah), and there is none else.

the god of the Muslims is NOT Yehovah. I repeat... THE GOD OF THE MUSLIMS IS NOT YEHOVAH. Christians and Muslims do not worship the same God. Christians worship Yehovah who is the self existing eternal God and Yehovah boldly declares that there is none beside him.

Israel as his elect because they are the people he chose to reveal himself unto first, so that through Israel (christiandom) the rest of the world will come to the saving grace of Yehovah.

LET ME BE EMPHATIC HERE: THE SO CALLED NATION OF ISRAEL CURRENTLY IN THE MIDDLE EAST IS NOT YEHOVAHS PEOPLE. YEHOVAHS PEOPLE IS THE WORLDWIDE COMMUNITY OF CHRISTIANS OR THE BODY OF CHRIST.

Shalom.
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by macof(m): 4:07pm On Oct 13, 2013
HUGE_S: Lol no chief, d God of Israel is not a racist o. Jst dat at a time wen men from all race were worshipping diff manner of man made objects as well as their dead ancestors, a certain man called Abram decided in his hrt that d God and creator of d universe cannot b a mere object moulded by men. Of course he had no idea of who God was at the time, but his believe that God was bigger than d hrts of men cld fathom (wat was letter recorded to him as faith) endeared him to God. That was why God promised to reveal Himself to d whole world using Abram's race.He chose to ignore even his own fathers gods. D man they call Israel is actually d grandson of Abraham.
So u see He's not a racist, lol, is choice of Abraham's race was a just one. Do u knw ther were kingdoms in bible days dat defeated Israel in battle? Some were as a result of their sturbborness, but ther were also some wh were as a result of d faith and obedience of those kingdoms. Plus, God's strictness with d law was jst to prove dat man by nature can't keep laws. His long run purpose was for man to live by grace not big law. Besides I can't rmbr wen last I addressed Him as d God of Israel, because I personally address Him as My God and Lord lol.

so wat you are saying is that ONLY ISRAEL KNEW GOD, THE YORUBA, IGBO, ROMANS, CHINESE, JAPANESE, etc don't worship God.

You must be a fool, because even the Israelis curse you Christians

2 Likes

Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:15pm On Oct 13, 2013
macof:

so wat you are saying is that ONLY ISRAEL KNEW GOD, THE YORUBA, IGBO, ROMANS, CHINESE, JAPANESE, etc don't worship God.

LEave them be brother.

If they say that to my face, Ill break their head because they are insulting my ancestors.

They think our ancestors didnt know God. Our ancestors taught these useless christians what a God is. or else they would not even know about it.

They are so steeped in slave-mentality, they think only israelis knew what God is.

THese bloody man-worshippers. worshiping naked prisoner man.

2 Likes

Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by THEPOLY11: 4:33pm On Oct 13, 2013
If someone called your dad with your brother or sister name e.g ( Baba wale, or Emeka father) does that mean the rest of you belongs to another father.

For those that argue about the bible and quran , do not forget that 700 years after christ , 620 years of bible there is nothing like quran or Mohamed.
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by chuckvyl(m): 4:40pm On Oct 13, 2013
I have been pondering over this and I think each country or race or region has It's own special God and It's special sovereign rights bestowed on it by It's worshipers.... for example the God of Israel is a jealous God and a racist (don't really like other tribes of the earth) and this gives the Israelis a pride of race...also we see how he chose for himself a city which David captured from 'pagans'... one could easily think that the God of Jesus is different from the God of Elijah and Moses in respect to attitude towards sin...what ur view on this

First of all "You err not knowing the scriptures nor the power of God". The bible presents isreal as God's wife symbolically.In other words out of all the nations he chose himself a wife and entered into covenant with Israel and made Israel his own possession.And through Israel he has reached out to the whole earth.is it easy to claim to be God but no god of any nation(actually demons) has anything to prove his deity.The God of Israel pronounced the destruction of Jerusalem by the Romans centuries before it happened.He denounced the city of Tyre and it happened the way he said many years before Alexander invaded Tyre . Prophecy is his stamp on time and history.You can't beat that.
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by HUGES: 5:02pm On Oct 13, 2013
macof:

Captain mascof, my intention is not to get anyone offended, and that u say I am a fool doesn't make me one though.
All I really want you to knw is that I also understand with u that wat we christians have chosen to believe doesn't make sense naturally and we are aware of that and have yet chosen to continue in our believe.But a mere discussion shldn't make u spiteful, even though I dnt mind being a fool to u on d basis of wat I posted. One love boss.

2 Likes

Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by frederal(m): 5:39pm On Oct 13, 2013
Yes, yes, and yes....The head of all principalities ana power. I bow to Your Majesty, The God of Isreal.
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by novicali: 5:48pm On Oct 13, 2013
God is the God of the whole Universe. But he revealed himself to the father of the Israelite who believed in Him. That he first revealed himself to the Israelite does not mean that the rest people were not created by Him, but something has to start from somewhere.
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by joe4christ(m): 5:53pm On Oct 13, 2013
I believe the God who created the universe is not an institutionally religious God as defined by most religion, religion on earth is founded on pride and racism, religion is man-made, the true God does'nt even show himself, he sits back and allow humanity to keep acting their dramas and learning from their experiences, he is a pure spirit, an energy of love, the source of all postive energies, he is too big to be emotional like mere human.
This is the truth and nothing but the truth, i'm no longer bound by fear infused by institutionalized religion of this world and no longer bound by guilt...

2 Likes

Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Oct 13, 2013
yaksnet: I have been pondering over this and I think each country or race or region has It's own special God and It's special sovereign rights bestowed on it by It's worshippers.... for example the God of Israel is a jealous God and a racist (don't really like other tribes of the earth) and this gives the Israelis a pride of race...also we see how he chose for himself a city which David captured from 'pagans'... one could easily think that the God of Jesus is different from the God of Elijah and Moses in respect to attitude towards sin...what ur view on this

Hey yak,

I believe firmly that we have only one supreme God who is creator of the Universe. It is the God of Israel, the God of the 'pagans', the God of the Muslims, the God of all.

The ish we have is that various countries and people have experienced him in very different ways and each sect have allowed a bit or more of their cultures to 'shroud' this God over time.

So from whatever perspective we look at this creator God, in line with the dictates of good conscience, we still refer to the same one supreme being and we are all connected to him in a unique way irrespective of whether we acknowledge this or not.
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by InvertedHammer: 6:03pm On Oct 13, 2013
/

No!

God of Israel is not for all.

He helped Israel defeat other nations.

No father will assist one child in fighting his other children.

My own God is Chineke.

Yours could be Allah, Oluwa, Jehovah, Amadioha, Ogun, etc.

/

4 Likes

Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:06pm On Oct 13, 2013
InvertedHammer: /

No!

God of Israel is not for all.

He helped Israel defeat other nations.

No father will assist one child in fighting his other children.

My own God is Chineke.

Yours could be Allah, Oluwa, Jehovah, Amadioha, Ogun, etc.

/

You mean Chukwu. THen Amadioha is also your God.
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Oct 13, 2013
Just can't hold back my laughter from all these comments. like criously this kinda people still exist? Pagans!... And worst off, they've taking over NL.
IMO which is short #will it hurt to believe whatever you chose to believe in and just STFU already?, do you guys always have to argue about who's God is the best/supreme or wether a God exist or not?
#Ithinky'alljuststupid!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Winners' Chapel Declares 7-Day Fasting For The Rescue Of The Soul Of Nigeria / Paul Adefarasin And Wife, Ifeanyi Adefarasin Celebrate 23rd Wedding Anniversary / What Is The Difference Between Soul Winning And Evangelism?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 165
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.