Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,619 members, 7,816,544 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:56 PM

Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? (16640 Views)

"Pursuing Strategy Of Destruction Of Israel" Is Top Priority: IRGC / Who Was The God Of The Old Testament? / In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:39pm On Oct 15, 2013
macof: the God of the Bible created nothing but dog poo

lol not even that. grin
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:40pm On Oct 15, 2013
akah.p:
meaning say na ur vilage gods create u or beta sti, u b descendant of monkey....i c, nice reasoning. U wil definitely b going 4d later i guess

and what is your God? a city God?

1 Like

Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by macof(m): 4:09am On Oct 16, 2013
akah.p:
meaning say na ur vilage gods create u or beta sti, u b descendant of monkey....i c, nice reasoning. U wil definitely b going 4d later i guess
yes actually the God of my village created me. I don't expect u to understand but na u sabi, keep drowning in mental slavery. By believing the God of exclusively Israel created u
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by mohamedali(m): 4:48pm On Dec 31, 2016
سبحان الله ؛سبحان الله العظيم .

تقول أن الكتاب رب إسرائيل كيف ذلك هل اضفتم ايه المسيحيون إله رابعا.
ام تريد أن تقول أن الكتاب هو هدي لبني إسرائيل فإن القرآن هدي الجميع .ولكن ان الإسرائيليين هم واحفظ كل مي جيدا هم قتله المرسلين و أعداء رب العالمين . أنهم هم الذين حرفو الكتاب و هم الذين قالو ان الرب ثلثا. لذلك أنزل الله القرآن وتعهد أن يحفظه من كل تحريف و تعهد علي أشد العذاب بما قالو عنه و الضال الذي الحقوة بالناس
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by otemanuduno: 11:48pm On Dec 31, 2016
FOLYKAZE:
The bible God is God of Israel.

You people should stop following what doesn't belong to ya
And he was a failure. I would have done better than him.
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by samijay8(m): 9:03pm On Jan 01, 2017
Abeg me too always here am o. once even heard God have forgive Israel for their sin they haven't committed. No wonder they always love killings cos God is supporting them. Abeg who us God of Ibadan. I wanna do anything illegal with someone backing
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by analice107: 9:19pm On Jan 01, 2017
yaksnet:
I have been pondering over this and I think each country or race or region has It's own special God and It's special sovereign rights bestowed on it by It's worshippers.... for example the God of Israel is a jealous God and a racist (don't really like other tribes of the earth) and this gives the Israelis a pride of race...also we see how he chose for himself a city which David captured from 'pagans'... one could easily think that the God of Jesus is different from the God of Elijah and Moses in respect to attitude towards sin...what ur view on this
hahahahahahahaahhahahahaha. lol @God of Israel is a racist.

I wish u can talk about the things you understand

1 Like

Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by oaroloye(m): 8:28pm On Feb 05, 2017
SHALOM!

yaksnet:
I have been pondering over this and I think each country or race or region has It's own special God and It's special sovereign rights bestowed on it by It's worshippers.... for example the God of Israel is a jealous God and a racist (don't really like other tribes of the earth) and this gives the Israelis a pride of race...also we see how he chose for himself a city which David captured from 'pagans'... one could easily think that the God of Jesus is different from the God of Elijah and Moses in respect to attitude towards sin...what ur view on this

THERE IS ONLY ONE TRUE GOD: ALL OTHERS ARE IMPOSTORS AND FAKES.

. GENESIS 17:1-23.

The only way to reach God is through His Covenant with Abraham.

God SAID that He is God only to Abraham and His Seed: all others are disposable garbage.
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by GooseBaba: 4:46pm On Feb 20, 2017
oaroloye:
SHALOM!

THERE IS ONLY ONE TRUE GOD: ALL OTHERS ARE IMPOSTORS AND FAKES.

. GENESIS 17:1-23.

The only way to reach God is through His Covenant with Abraham.

God SAID that He is God only to Abraham and His Seed: all others are disposable garbage.

See contradiction....

The only true god is god to abraham and his seeds. But yet there are others. That makes your god a small boy. This is the best he can do with his inheritance... Lolz
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by Kobojunkie: 6:31am On Dec 17, 2022
FOLYKAZE:

And this bible God says He is only interested in His Lost sheep of Israel scattered all over the world by Him to every tribe, every language and every Nation. So why do you think it is your place to tell His lost sheep of Israel scattered to the Ijebu tribes in Yoruba land that the God of Israel does not belong to them? undecided
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:54pm On Dec 17, 2022
Kobojunkie:
And this bible God says He is only interested in His Lost sheep of Israel scattered all over the world by Him to every tribe, every language and every Nation. So why do you think it is your place to tell His lost sheep of Israel scattered to the Ijebu tribes in Yoruba land that the God of Israel does not belong to them? undecided

Which of the Bible Gods?

Elohim is a collective noun. Who among the council of Gods are you referring to?
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by Kobojunkie: 6:56pm On Dec 17, 2022
FOLYKAZE:
Which of the Bible Gods?

Elohim is a collective noun. Who among the council of Gods are yoy referring to?
The same God that made a Covenant with Abraham , Isaac and Jacob(Israel); the very one who eventually gave YHWH, the National Constitution of the Nation of Israel ,through Moses, to the people of Israel when He constituted the Nation of Israel of them in the Land of Israel. undecided
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:02pm On Dec 17, 2022
Kobojunkie:
The same God that made a Covenant with Abraham , Isaac and Jacob(Israel); the very one who eventually gave YHWH, the National Constitution of the Nation of Israel ,through Moses, to the people of Israel when He constituted the Nation of Israel of them in the Land of Israel. undecided

Definitely not Eledumare who sent salvation to the world through Orunmila

1 Like

Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by Kobojunkie: 7:27pm On Dec 17, 2022
FOLYKAZE:
Definitely not Eledumare who sent salvation to the world through Orunmila
I am afraid you have lost me. What has your eledumare to do with the God of Israel? undecided
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by Kobojunkie: 7:34pm On Dec 17, 2022
tobechi74:
Who is God of nigeria?
He is God of Israel, not God of Nigeria. undecided
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by Kobojunkie: 7:37pm On Dec 17, 2022
jmoore:
Jehovah is the only true God. He sent his only begotten son Jesus Christ to die for the salvation of everyone.
Not everyone! Jesus Christ made it clear that God, the Father, sent Him only to the lost sheep of israel. So is Jacob is not your ancestor, you dey waste your time with Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by FOLYKAZE(m): 2:13pm On Dec 18, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I am afraid you have lost me. What has your eledumare to do with the God of Israel? undecided

You see I don't have time for this needless argument.

God of the Bible is not God of all. Eledumare is.

In Yoruba land, we call God of the bible Orisha Òkè

1 Like

Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by Kobojunkie: 5:39pm On Dec 18, 2022
FOLYKAZE:
You see I don't have time for this needless argument.God of the Bible is not God of all. Eledumare is.

In Yoruba land, we call God of the bible Orisha Òkè
Eledumare is God of all? How did you arrive at this claim of yours since the last time I checked, he is considered a yoruba deity? undecided

Is the God of Israel specifically referred to as Orisha Oke? Or is instead a generic name for all other deities that are foreign to yoruba land? undecided

1 Like

Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:34pm On Dec 18, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Eledumare is God of all? How did you arrive at this claim of yours since the last time I checked, he is considered a yoruba deity? undecided

Micah 4:5 said each nation shall walk in the name of their God. Actually, the suprema universal God is known to the Yoruba people as Eledumare just as Thor of the Greek is known as Sango to the Yoruba people. The ancient canaanite know Eledumare simply as El. Our English Bible call him the Most High. You will need to study Deuteronomy 32 to understand that Yahweh or the God of Israel is one of the 70 children of El. Same goes to Baal, Chemosh, Yam, and lot more.

Kobojunkie:
Is the God of Israel specifically referred to as Orisha Oke? Or is instead a generic name for all other deities that are foreign to yoruba land? undecided

God just like animals have their domains and territories. Olókùn domain is the Sea while Oosa reign in the Lagoon. It is therefore impossible to locate Olókùn shrine in places like Sahara desert. Moreso, these Gods exhibit their powers and flex muscle only in their territory. Outside there, they seem powerless.

Concerning Yahweh, the Bible indicated that Yahweh dwell on the holy mountains and flex his power with volcanos. Scripture frequently refers to the heights of Jerusalem as the holy “Mountain of the Lord” where God dwells (Zechariah 8:3; Isaiah 27:13). One psalmist describes Jerusalem as “the city of our God, which sits on his holy mountain! It is high and magnificent; the whole earth rejoices to see it! Mount Zion, the holy mountain, is the city of the great King!” (Psalm 48:1–2). The psalmist affirmed the hills or mountains as the domain of Yahweh in Psalm 121:1–2, 'I lift up my eyes to the hills. From where does my help come? My help comes from the Lord,...'

Going further in 1king 20:28, Meanwhile, the officials of the king of Aram advised him, “Their gods are gods of the hills. That is why they were too strong for us. But if we fight them on the plains, surely we will be stronger than they. This corroborate with Judges 1:19, NIV: The LORD was with the men of Judah. They took possession of the hill country, but they were unable to drive the people from the plains.

It is easy to detect that Yahweh is the God of the hills who couldn't defeat the plain and iron god. This is the reason I conclude Yahweh is Orisha Oke
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by Kobojunkie: 11:38pm On Dec 18, 2022
FOLYKAZE:
1. Micah 4:5 said each nation shall walk in the name of their God. Actually, the suprema universal God is known to the Yoruba people as Eledumare just as Thor of the Greek is known as Sango to the Yoruba people. The ancient canaanite know Eledumare simply as El. Our English Bible call him the Most High.

2. God just like animals have their domains and territories. Olókùn domain is the Sea while Oosa reign in the Lagoon. It is therefore impossible to locate Olókùn shrine in places like Sahara desert. Moreso, these Gods exhibit their powers and flex muscle only in their territory. Outside there, they seem powerless.
1. Eledumare is a Canaan God, and not a Yoruba deity? I am stumped as to how you arrived at these conclusions of yours. For one, the methods of worship and the attributes of these deities are very very different. So are you of the mind that El is some sort of trickster god of tricks different peoples/tribes/nations with different ideas regarding his person? Or is this sort of like the 6-blind-mice-and-the-elephant scenario where all these people only see and worship different aspects of the same deity? undecided

2. Interesting! So, you are saying that deities are powerless outside of their own domains suggesting they are limited by the physical boundaries of this earth? Given that you claim Eledumare is the same as the Norse god of thunder, as well as the Canaanite El, what boundaries exist to limit him then? undecided
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by Kobojunkie: 6:28am On Dec 19, 2022
FOLYKAZE:
1. Micah 4:5 said each nation shall walk in the name of their God. Actually, the suprema universal ... Our English Bible call him the Most High. You will need to study Deuteronomy 32 to understand that Yahweh or the God of Israel is one of the 70 children of El. Same goes to Baal, Chemosh, Yam, and lot more.

2. Concerning Yahweh, the Bible indicated that Yahweh dwell on the holy mountains and flex his power with volcanos. Scripture frequently refers to the heights of Jerusalem as the holy “Mountain of the Lord” where God dwells (Zechariah 8:3; Isaiah 27:13). One psalmist describes Jerusalem as “the city of our God, which sits on his holy mountain! It is high and magnificent; the whole earth rejoices to see it! Mount Zion, the holy mountain, is the city of the great King!” (Psalm 48:1–2). The psalmist affirmed the hills or mountains as the domain of Yahweh in Psalm 121:1–2, 'I lift up my eyes to the hills. From where does my help come? My help comes from the Lord,...'

Going further in 1king 20:28, Meanwhile, the officials of the king of Aram advised him, “Their gods are gods of the hills. That is why they were too strong for us. But if we fight them on the plains, surely we will be stronger than they. This corroborate with Judges 1:19, NIV: The LORD was with the men of Judah. They took possession of the hill country, but they were unable to drive the people from the plains.

3. It is easy to detect that Yahweh is the God of the hills who couldn't defeat the plain and iron god. This is the reason I conclude Yahweh is Orisha Oke
1. Do you mean the very same Deuteronomy 32 vs 8 - 10 as in the attached image? undecided

2. So, you ignore all the references to YHWH doing wonders at the land-level and even in the seas, in order to pin Him down as some mountain God— a deity whose powers are restricted to the mountainous regions surrounding Jerusalem? So, all the mentions right there in scripture of YHWH being with His people even when they were in exile to foreign lands, you conveniently ignored in order that you can set Him instead as God who only flexes His might in the hills surrounding Jerusalem? Interesting! undecided

3. So, is YHWH the only Orisha OKe out there or are there numerous others that you did not mention? undecided

P.S. Scripturally, the Most High is not YHWH. Instead, YHWH is the agreement/Covenant aka God of Israel. In a similar fashion, Jesus Christ is the agreement or Covenant or King in the Kingdom of God given by the Most High gave to the people who are of the Kingdom of God. This is what Scripture in fact says of the Most High God. He is a God of Laws and each of His Laws sits as God over His subjects.

Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:36am On Dec 19, 2022
FOLYKAZE:

The phone you're using is made in other countries , why not stop patronizing other countries?
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by Aemmyjah(m): 9:28am On Dec 19, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

The phone you're using is made in other countries , why not stop patronizing other countries?

Epic reply
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:15am On Dec 19, 2022
Atheists are so dumb that even the easiest thing could lead to questions for them.
Just imagine someone talking about why people should leave one deity for another as if he doesn't know that all sane humans go for the greatest deity! smiley
Aemmyjah:

Epic reply
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by Aemmyjah(m): 11:17am On Dec 19, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
Atheists are so dumb that even the easiest thing could lead to questions for them.
Just imagine someone talking about why people should leave one deity for another as if he doesn't know that all sane humans go for the greatest deity! smiley

When I saw that Atheists are the dumbest organisms of all time. People think I'm insulting them or I'm lying
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:31am On Dec 19, 2022
Aemmyjah:

When I saw that Atheists are the dumbest organisms of all time. People think I'm insulting them or I'm lying

What they don't know is that white supremacists have used false religions to enslave our people but now they're turning to atheism and hiding behind science, whereas real scientists in the past believe in the existence of God. My people are so dumb that they can't just decipher that it's the same people who disguised as Bible believers that are now turning to atheism but this time around they want my black brother to see them as his god. So instead of quoting the Bible or his own god my brother will quote what the white supremacists say and start claiming he is wiser yet his white supremacists have told him pointblank that he also doesn't know the origin of life!

So why believing them if their so called knowledge is also limited? cheesy
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:02pm On Dec 19, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. Eledumare is a Canaan God, and not a Yoruba deity? I am stumped as to how you arrived at these conclusions of yours. For one, the methods of worship and the attributes of these deities are very very different. So are you of the mind that El is some sort of trickster god of tricks different peoples/tribes/nations with different ideas regarding his person? Or is this sort of like the 6-blind-mice-and-the-elephant scenario where all these people only see and worship different aspects of the same deity? undecided

2. Interesting! So, you are saying that deities are powerless outside of their own domains suggesting they are limited by the physical boundaries of this earth? Given that you claim Eledumare is the same as the Norse god of thunder, as well as the Canaanite El, what boundaries exist to limit him then? undecided

You are already going in circle.

Sorry you will have to return back and carefully study what I posted. This endless path, Oga count me out
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:17pm On Dec 19, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. Do you mean the very same Deuteronomy 32 vs 8 - 10 as in the attached image? undecided

Yes

Kobojunkie:
2. So, you ignore all the references to YHWH doing wonders at the land-level and even in the seas, in order to pin Him down as some mountain God— a deity whose powers are restricted to the mountainous regions surrounding Jerusalem? So, all the mentions right there in scripture of YHWH being with His people even when they were in exile to foreign lands, you conveniently ignored in order that you can set Him instead as God who only flexes His might in the hills surrounding Jerusalem? Interesting! undecided

Well actually, I wasn't the one who wrote 1 kings 20:28.. And i am not the servant of the king who called Yahweh god of the hill.

You should focus on Judge 1:19 where he couldn't defeat iron chariot on plain ground...

Kobojunkie:
3. So, is YHWH the only Orisha OKe out there or are there numerous others that you did not mention? undecided

There are numerous hill god out there. You can nake your wmown research

Kobojunkie:

P.S. Scripturally, the Most High is not YHWH. Instead, YHWH is the agreement/Covenant aka God of Israel. In a similar fashion, Jesus Christ is the agreement or Covenant or King in the Kingdom of God given by the Most High gave to the people who are of the Kingdom of God. This is what Scripture in fact says of the Most High God. He is a God of Laws and each of His Laws sits as God over His subjects.

Save that sermon to Christians who would have interest.

All I know is that Yahweh realistically doesn't exist. On theological ground, he only exist within the scripture and he isn't the supreme God but rather the son of canaanite El. As a matter of fact, the Jewish rabbis systematically fashioned Yahweh of the old testament from nature of El, Baal, Chemosh, and Asherat
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by Kobojunkie: 3:36pm On Dec 19, 2022
FOLYKAZE:
You are already going in circle.

Sorry you will have to return back and carefully study what I posted. This endless path, Oga count me out
LOL.... you Re the one going in circles responding to my claims regarding eledumare by quoting scripture which you already claimed you do not subscribe to. undecided
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by Kobojunkie: 3:47pm On Dec 19, 2022
FOLYKAZE:
1. Yes

2. Well actually, I wasn't the one who wrote 1 kings 20:28.. And i am not the servant of the king who called Yahweh god of the hill. You should focus on Judge 1:19 where he couldn't defeat iron chariot on plain ground...There are numerous hill god out there. You can nake your wmown research

3. Save that sermon to Christians who would have interest. All I know is that Yahweh realistically doesn't exist. On theological ground, he only exist within the scripture and he isn't the supreme God but rather the son of canaanite El. As a matter of fact, the Jewish rabbis systematically fashioned Yahweh of the old testament from nature of El, Baal, Chemosh, and Asherat
1. So you ignore what is in fact stated in even the Hebrew texts in order to assert instead that which you prefer? undecided

2. As I previously stated, there are other servants of the same YHWH who praised Him for the feats He carried out at sea, in vallies, and especially in foreign lands, etc. However, you seem to conveniently disregard all those other mentors all of that so you can pin Him as God of the hills. undecided

3. Christians do not worship YHWH so it isn't a Christian sermon at all. It is what is stated right in scripture for all those without closed minds to in fact note. YHWH is a name attacked to the Law of Moses, the Constitution of the Nation of Israel as given by God to the people of Israel in the Land of Canaan. undecided

Again. Scripture has it that YHWH was given by the Most High to the children of Israel, and it records that the Most High existed before even Canaan came to be. undecided
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:47pm On Dec 19, 2022
Kobojunkie:
LOL.... you Re the one going in circles responding to my claims regarding eledumare by quoting scripture which you already claimed you do not subscribe to. undecided

Alright. Cheers
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:50pm On Dec 19, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. So you ignore what is in fact stated in even the Hebrew texts in order to assert instead that which you prefer? undecided

2. As I previously stated, there are other servants of the same YHWH who praised Him for the feats He carried out at sea, in vallies, and especially in foreign lands, etc. However, you seem to conveniently disregard all those other mentors all of that so you can pin Him as God of the hills. undecided

3. Christians do not worship YHWH so it isn't a Christian sermon at all. It is what is stated right in scripture for all those without closed minds to in fact note. YHWH is a name attacked to the Law of Moses, the Constitution of the Nation of Israel as given by God to the people of Israel in the Land of Canaan. undecided

Again. Scripture has it that YHWH was given by the Most High to the children of Israel, and it records that the Most High existed before even Canaan came to be. undecided

Ok have a nice day

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Paul Adefarasin And Wife, Ifeanyi Adefarasin Celebrate 23rd Wedding Anniversary / What Is The Difference Between Soul Winning And Evangelism? / Prophet Fufeyin: Now Is The Time To Display Your Wealth By Giving To The Needy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.