Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,123 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:55 AM

Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? (16634 Views)

"Pursuing Strategy Of Destruction Of Israel" Is Top Priority: IRGC / Who Was The God Of The Old Testament? / In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by Mintayo(m): 4:19pm On Oct 14, 2013
Okija_juju:

If Egypt didnt save Joseph...

He would have ended up like this somewhere in Rome..

lol,too bad it was not the Egyptians that saved Joseph but the other way round,also,it was the ishmaelites that sold Joseph to the Egyptians,sorry,too bad...dnt be this confuse.
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by mko2005: 4:23pm On Oct 14, 2013
macof: we are still saying the same thing.

If Egypt was affected by the famine, Israel wud have been extinct before they even started
The Israeli nation wouldn't hav been extinct becos there was a covenant with God ! Extinction of the Israeli nation before now would had mean God lied ! But ofcourse 'WE' know God can not Lie irrespective of what you believe.

God help us
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by Gombs(m): 4:24pm On Oct 14, 2013
Okija_juju:

Okay!!

So Joseph that was nearly killed by the founding fathers of Isreal.. The same Joseph that was put inside a pit and sold off to Merchants as a slave.. The same Joseph that Egpyt saw, bought and gave him Egyptian Citizenship with Passport.. The Same Joseph that the Egyptians allowed to join Egyptian politics and was made a Gowon in the Land of Egypt..

Yep, same Joseph...aint my God too awesome?
Gen 50 NIV

19 But Joseph said to them, “Don’t be afraid. Am I in the place of God? 20 You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives. 21 So then, don’t be afraid. I will provide for you and your children.” And he reassured them and spoke kindly to them.

Do you understand what it takes for an immigrant to hold such a Position in a foreign land?! Can a Nigerian with a tourist Visa become a Mayor in Yankee?!

With my God...ALL tins are possible...if you doubt ask okija shrine

LEGALLY!! Joseph was more Egyptian than Isreali.. #FACT!!

Fat lie...d dude came directly from Jacob who came from Isaac who came from Abraham who God richly blessed.

So saying that Joseph saved Egypt is like saying that an Egyptian Political Office Holder saved his Nation..

Meeeeeeeehn! I like to think you are being sarcastic....oh no! He's serious! shocked

430 years!!

Imagine that you allowed a squatter come into your house for a few months, hoping that he will oneday get a job and move out.. Only for the guy to stay in your house, get married, starts having children, grand children, great grand chindlren... O SHIIITT!! Now these Visitors are slowly having more rights in your own house than your Children.. Then you decide that okay! These Visitors should start paying rent after free loading in your house for 430 years.. Thats when the Visitors remember that they even had a house somewhere else and that they are moving out. Meanwhile, you are now broke and struggling!!

Too much nollywood aint good bro!
grin

Tell me... You no go call Police arrest all of them?!

Let me ask Charles Novia or Pete Edochie

Then when you insist that they must pay compensation for the 430 years of free loading, they go to their village and do Juju to kill off all your male children.. WHAT!!!

Nairalanders, you see why we must not let our kids watch too much nollywood? Esp the traditional ones?

grin

My guy free matter jor!
Didn't take you serious

The Jew God is filled with extreme bias and killed off everything that was not Jewish in the Bible..

grin
*falls into epileptic laughter....if he did, ...*Chokes because of uncontrollable laughing

2 Likes

Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by mko2005: 4:25pm On Oct 14, 2013
GooseBaba:

You are right ... The biblical god had no business with Egypt. But God the creator that is unbiased has covenant with all mankind...
The biblical God is the God of all and treats us as HE pleases irrespective of what you think !HE knows what is best for us !

God help us
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by Okijajuju1(m): 4:35pm On Oct 14, 2013
Gombs:

Yep, same Joseph...aint my God too awesome?
Gen 50 NIV

19 But Joseph said to them, “Don’t be afraid. Am I in the place of God? 20 You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives. 21 So then, don’t be afraid. I will provide for you and your children.” And he reassured them and spoke kindly to them.

Typical rebuttal...

Blame it on Nollywood..

I wish the Firstborn Egyptians that died were acting a 'Nollywood script'..

No worry... Na Palestain go solve Isreal matter once and for all...

With my God...ALL tins are possible...if you doubt ask okija shrine

Fat lie...d dude came directly from Jacob who came from Isaac who came from Abraham who God richly blessed.

Meeeeeeeehn! I like to think you are being sarcastic....oh no! He's serious! shocked

Too much nollywood aint good bro!
grin

Let me ask Charles Novia or Pete Edochie

Nairalanders, you see why we must not let our kids watch too much nollywood? Esp the traditional ones?

grin

Didn't take you serious

grin
*falls into epileptic laughter....if he did, ...*Chokes because of uncontrollable laughing
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by GooseBaba: 4:36pm On Oct 14, 2013
m.k.o2005:

The biblical God is the God of all and treats us as HE pleases irrespective of what you think !HE knows what is best for us !

God help us

What is the population of humans today.? But your god is only interested in 144 as his chosen ones and the land of Israel..how can he be the god of all.? Guy try reason objectivity. Put your interpretations and excuses aside.
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by Nobody: 4:37pm On Oct 14, 2013
FOLYKAZE: The bible God is God of Israel.

You people should stop following what doesn't belong to ya

EXACTLY.

The bible came from the Torah which originally stated that they [Jews] are God's chosen people (lmao) and that he created THEM to serve him, therefore all non-Jews are not included.
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Oct 14, 2013
Mintayo:
lol,too bad it was not the Egyptians that saved Joseph but the other way round,also,it was the ishmaelites that sold Joseph to the Egyptians,sorry,too bad...dnt be this confuse.

OH PLEASE!

SHOW ME A HIEROGLYPH THAT SUPPORTS THIS NONSENSE! cheesy
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by Nobody: 4:40pm On Oct 14, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
[size=18pt]^SHUT UP!

THE GODS HAD BLESSED HAUSALAND WITH DIVINE KNOWLEDGE WAY BEFORE YOUR UGLY JEWS EVEN KNEW WHAT GOD IS.[/size]

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! grin
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by Nobody: 4:41pm On Oct 14, 2013
macof: [size=2pt]Here's my rational and unbiased contribution as a good Yoruba pagan I promote knowledge and wisdom.

God is the creator of the entire omniverse(for those who need definition chk ur dictionary).

atheist believe there is no God. Not in the sense that there is no creator force but that there isn't a spirit sitting on a throne talking to humans and sending holy spirits. I for one prefer to have an atheistic state of mind that a Christian or Muslim state of mind(dats for mentality handicapped people).

Now God hasn't been fully understood by men. And so many groups of people have their views.

God is not some kind of big boss giant that sits on a throne like most religions portray him. He is not even a "He" or a "she" God is just God and cannot be restricted to gender, God is the creator of the universe but not as if he just spoke words and the universe appeared, not like he just sends meteors to cause some kind chemical reaction that triggered the creation of earth.

God doesn't have a personified body, like Christians would say he created man in his image, what is the image of God? How many hands does he have, how many legs, does he have a butt? What about sex organs?

God is pure and conscious energy, the ultimate form of all energy, God is the source of all known energy.

God is not in a man figure, no one has seen God, no one has ever, no one can(by "one" I mean humans).

Everything is energy, energy drives the universe, and contrary to atheistic views, this energy is conscious(at least the ultimate form is).

My religion teaches me that all humans have a large amount of a special kind of energy, deposited in us by God. This special energy is our souls(which has a high level of consciousness).

Now the existence of heaven as been questioned, even I question it's existence sometimes. I imagine this energy(our souls) changes form after death.

As I Yoruba I would use Yoruba philosophy and go by the religion of my fore fathers as I have interpreted it.

I believe the ultimate energy(Olodumare/God) forms smaller units of himself to be referred to as gods(The orishas). They are now separate entities, but still a distant aspect of God. The gods are appointed to various duties in the control of the universe, and are closer to men than the supreme God, who is somewhere in the omniverse, a place endowed with the glory of pure energy, which religious folks call heaven.

God is the father to everything ever created, because from him the universe is formed.

It is more appropriate to say God formed the universe rather than God created the universe. The universe is formed from God himself, his pure energy evolved over time to form animate objects like planets. The universe is part of God.

I don't know how much you folks understand my post but you should probably read over until you understand perfectly.

Every living thing including humans are also part of God. We might be separate entities with different identities but we are distant aspect of God, a little more distant than the gods.
You see what makes the living different from the non-living things is the soul, take the soul as a special form of energy naturally selected to activate living characteristic when in contact with non-living things, our bodies are nothing more than earthly particles but the soul is the bringer of life to these lifeless particles.
Even atheist can't explain life, they don't know the reason we are different from rocks. It's the natural selection of the already divided units of the ultimate energy, some energies evolve to make rocks, some to make trees, some to make humans.

God is the same and only God, no two Gods, there are gods, who are distant aspects of God, but they are only formed from the pure energy of God.

God is the God of all nations, there might be different views of God, some being totally wrong and stupid(like the Christian view) but most ancient nations have resolved this and decided to worship this creator force.

You should know that God doesn't have a voice, at least it cannot be proven, so claims of the quran and Bible of being the word of God is poo.

No one can boost of hearing God, if atol you hear things in your head, that would just be intuition and instincts which the soul enables the brain to perform.

Brainwashed Christians and muslims(mostly Christians tho) would believe that God is personified, he has human features, sitting on a throne, yelling instructions to man and his angels. This is totally wrong, that is why the claim of yeshua being the only son of God is a dumb statement.

How can the creator of the universe, choose one nation out of thousands and promise an old man that if he worships him without doubt that he would bless him. This sounds more like a Christian demon than an actual God

There's no such thing as God of Israel, or God of china. It's God of the omniverse. He is not biased, discriminative(how can he be discriminative and biased if he created everything).
[/size]
In conclusion, Christianity, Judaism and Islam is a lie, fraud, a deliberate attempt to control the minds of humans

SOOO TRUE!
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by Okijajuju1(m): 4:50pm On Oct 14, 2013
Mintayo:

[b]I dont get you...

The Isrealites threw Joseph into a Pit for him to die there..

The Mideanites found Joseph in the Pit, rescued him and sold him to the Ishmealites..

The Ishmealites then took him to Egypt where Pharoah saw him, Liked him and saved him from the death that the Isrealites had set for him..

Remember that it was 10 out the 12 tribes that conspired to kill Joseph.

JOSEPH WAS AN EGYPTIAN... #Fact!

If he later claimed to be a Jew after the Egyptians had shown him all that love, then he is a two-timing no-good Jew!! angry

[img]http://i.qkme.me/3rhygz.jpg[/img]

This is what happens when you do good to Jews..

Thats how the people of Sodom & Gommorah had been living peacefully until those Jews Lot and co came with their Wahala.. After enjoying their groove, Jew God tells Lot to move away with his family so that he can kill of the people of S&G for over-grooving..

angry

I can keep listing them.. Every book of the old testament has an account of Jew God killing people that did nothing but loved the Jews..
[/b]

3 Likes

Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by GooseBaba: 5:08pm On Oct 14, 2013
^^^^^over grooving.,.!!! Lmao...!!!! Bros na you Biko ..
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by NaijaNile: 6:42pm On Oct 14, 2013
Jeremiah 32:27a says: I am the Lord, the God of ALL FLESH

The Isrealites called Jehovah by many names, depending on how he manifested himself to them - Jehovah Jireh, YAHWEH,

God in his unquestionable authority chose the Children of Israel above all other people of the earth as his own special people. That is why the children of Israel call him the God of Israel. It does not mean that the "gentiles" - we who are not Isrealites cannot enjoy the benefits that accrue to the children of Israel.

The GOD we read about in the Holy Bible is the God of ALL. QED
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by macof(m): 7:53pm On Oct 14, 2013
presiade:
It is a big lie! Joseph only came to the rescue when all attempts by the socerers in Egypt failed! Their god ('or' or so) failed them because He was no GOD!
They went to bring Joseph from the prison to unravel the mystery, which only God almighty can solve!

that same Egypt dat u excuse of not having a God, was is and would always be better than Israel that has a God
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by macof(m): 7:55pm On Oct 14, 2013
Mintayo:
this ur confusion get as e be o,the last time i checked,God has no business with Egypt,He didnt make any covenant with them but only the Israelites,na wa o!
God of Israel might not have business with Egypt but God of the omniverse has always been with Egypt.

1 Like

Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by macof(m): 7:57pm On Oct 14, 2013
m.k.o2005:

The Israeli nation wouldn't hav been extinct becos there was a covenant with God ! Extinction of the Israeli nation before now would had mean God lied ! But ofcourse 'WE' know God can not Lie irrespective of what you believe.

God help us

Yes I know God cannot lie, but the God of the Bible is a master of lies

1 Like

Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by macof(m): 8:00pm On Oct 14, 2013
m.k.o2005:

God help us
the biblical God knew wat was best for the amalakites when he ordered for Israel to totally murder them
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by presiade(m): 8:31pm On Oct 14, 2013
macof:

that same Egypt dat u excuse of not having a God, was is and would always be better than Israel that has a God
In what way(s) IS Egypt better than Israel?
Ancient Egypt was saved by the God (of Israel and all flesh) through the founding fathers of Israel, even before the nation-Israel- was established!
The greater is the one who most times saves or help the lesser now, abi!
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by macof(m): 8:55pm On Oct 14, 2013
presiade:
In what way(s) IS Egypt better than Israel?
Ancient Egypt was saved by the God (of Israel and all flesh) through the founding fathers of Israel, even before the nation-Israel- was established!
The greater is the one who most times saves or help the lesser now, abi!
I have been to both countries and I have read their history, I follow world economies and their developments. Egypt is by far better than Israel.

If not for the political problems Egypt is facing now, God would help them
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by GooseBaba: 10:11pm On Oct 14, 2013
NaijaNile: Jeremiah 32:27a says: I am the Lord, the God of ALL FLESH

The Isrealites called Jehovah by many names, depending on how he manifested himself to them - Jehovah Jireh, YAHWEH,

God in his unquestionable authority chose the Children of Israel above all other people of the earth as his own special people. That is why the children of Israel call him the God of Israel. It does not mean that the "gentiles" - we who are not Isrealites cannot enjoy the benefits that accrue to the children of Israel.

The GOD we read about in the Holy Bible is the God of ALL. QED

Read wetin you write..^^^^^^^ inferiority don finish you..an African reads a book and considers himself an inferior being to an Israelite. Tufiakwa!!!!!

Some of your fellow Africans claim to be Jews in order to shed the second class membership imposed by the biblical god...and we are suppose to be created equal... The hypocrisy of that biblical god is un-becoming in the lives of simpletons.

1 Like

Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by Fantacy1(m): 10:28pm On Oct 14, 2013
Plz u pple shud help me ask dis guy y he my post was hidden. Dnt undstnd dis Nairaland anymor
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by Mintayo(m): 11:27pm On Oct 14, 2013
*Kails*:

OH PLEASE!

SHOW ME A HIEROGLYPH THAT SUPPORTS THIS NONSENSE! cheesy
study to show thyself approved...
Jospeh brothers sold him to the ishmaelites and they inturn sold Him to Potiphar...
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by Mintayo(m): 11:27pm On Oct 14, 2013
Okija_juju:

[b]I dont get you...

The Isrealites threw Joseph into a Pit for him to die there..

The Mideanites found Joseph in the Pit, rescued him and sold him to the Ishmealites..

The Ishmealites then took him to Egypt where Pharoah saw him, Liked him and saved him from the death that the Isrealites had set for him..

Remember that it was 10 out the 12 tribes that conspired to kill Joseph.

JOSEPH WAS AN EGYPTIAN... #Fact!

If he later claimed to be a Jew after the Egyptians had shown him all that love, then he is a two-timing no-good Jew!! angry

[img]http://i.qkme.me/3rhygz.jpg[/img]

This is what happens when you do good to Jews..

Thats how the people of Sodom & Gommorah had been living peacefully until those Jews Lot and co came with their Wahala.. After enjoying their groove, Jew God tells Lot to move away with his family so that he can kill of the people of S&G for over-grooving..

angry

I can keep listing them.. Every book of the old testament has an account of Jew God killing people that did nothing but loved the Jews..
[/b]
Gibberish!
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by sammhi(m): 11:15am On Oct 15, 2013
the truth in life is that humans are not equal. whether you believe this or not that is the truth. as a christian you only try to be humble not showwing your superiority or make others feel bad. the Europeans are superior period. believ it or not. Black race are the least. the jews were favored by God through Abrahm . so salvation oiginate with the Jews. that is why Jesus came through them though they rejected him . now think.. .. why will Romans or non jews promote jesus who is a jew? the very man they killed? what will the Romans gain to do that ? yet christainnity came through the Romans or non jews.... the answer is simple because God rejected the Jews and turn to people of the nations ...non jews .
to think one is brainwashd etc is to close eyes to the truth...if there is God and we are supose to worship him how? since we dont see him? others think there is no God is that not the most foolish thin to say.... so just because i dont know who manufacture a plane , car etc i now assume that a plane evolved from a car? is that not madness? and the car must have come from motorbike and ultimately from a bicycle ? that is what evolution teaches. it makes no sense
some kids dont know their father but does that they dont have one.
God is full of dynamic energy but it does not mean that he has no form . he does have a form...and humans are creaated in his image of justice widom power and love. only humans amongst all other creature on earth have this abilities we are creative like God. hence we can build houses, cars etc. animals plants, mountains etc have no such abilities.
Jesus is God gift to man . he came from heaven to let us see one one of them in human form. he exhibited God attribute all through his time while on earth.. he conqured not by physical sword but spiritual one. he told his disciples not to fight. in contrast ,the one that came to steal, kil and destroy . that one came with a sword and since then they have no peace within themselves or to their neighbor. so choose the one you want to follow ..
the law of the christ is Love ..love for God and for your neighbor..if we folow this law we will all live happily and in peace...pls ask yourself is this life all there is? will humans ever learn to live happily ? yes that is why soon all evil men and their master the devil will be destroyed by Jesus who is the God appointed king and judge. pls follow this appointed king so you can have peace now and life in abundance later.
so in summary The God of the Bible is the true God and is the God of all. all others are false . He God will soon show his power
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by MAYOWAAK: 2:54pm On Oct 15, 2013
Nigerians are very church"dustrois" oh sorry i mean industrious, they have established churches almost in the unbelievable places in the world. Put a Nigerian in a cave he opens a church there, put a Nigerian in space he would like to open a branch there too.

This same Nigerians cannot feed the hungry on the streets, they hate each other to the marrow, they are very quick to tell us "WE ARE SPREADING THE GOSPEL" and my questions are to whom? Who needs it more?
You or someone else?

They have populated our streets with religious houses and also polluted the environmental quantity of air with noise yet the basic teaching of love they lack it at a very significant degree.

The gospel you preach should be reflected in your daily lives as an individual and which in turn reflects on the society as a people. Israelis are wining noble prizes we are wining souls plus their pockets.

What do you make of the future of a nation that has more pastors than university professors and more religious houses than scientific laboratories, universities, libraries and scientist all combined?

1 Like

Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by GooseBaba: 3:07pm On Oct 15, 2013
sammhi: the truth in life is that humans are not equal. whether you believe this or not that is the truth. as a christian you only try to be humble not showwing your superiority or make others feel bad. the Europeans are superior period. believ it or not. Black race are the least. the jews were favored by God through Abrahm . so salvation oiginate with the Jews. that is why Jesus came through them though they rejected him . now think.. .. why will Romans or non jews promote jesus who is a jew? the very man they killed? what will the Romans gain to do that ? yet christainnity came through the Romans or non jews.... the answer is simple because God rejected the Jews and turn to people of the nations ...non jews .
to think one is brainwashd etc is to close eyes to the truth...if there is God and we are supose to worship him how? since we dont see him? others think there is no God is that not the most foolish thin to say.... so just because i dont know who manufacture a plane , car etc i now assume that a plane evolved from a car? is that not madness? and the car must have come from motorbike and ultimately from a bicycle ? that is what evolution teaches. it makes no sense
some kids dont know their father but does that they dont have one.
God is full of dynamic energy but it does not mean that he has no form . he does have a form...and humans are creaated in his image of justice widom power and love. only humans amongst all other creature on earth have this abilities we are creative like God. hence we can build houses, cars etc. animals plants, mountains etc have no such abilities.
Jesus is God gift to man . he came from heaven to let us see one one of them in human form. he exhibited God attribute all through his time while on earth.. he conqured not by physical sword but spiritual one. he told his disciples not to fight. in contrast ,the one that came to steal, kil and destroy . that one came with a sword and since then they have no peace within themselves or to their neighbor. so choose the one you want to follow ..
the law of the christ is Love ..love for God and for your neighbor..if we folow this law we will all live happily and in peace...pls ask yourself is this life all there is? will humans ever learn to live happily ? yes that is why soon all evil men and their master the devil will be destroyed by Jesus who is the God appointed king and judge. pls follow this appointed king so you can have peace now and life in abundance later.
so in summary The God of the Bible is the true God and is the God of all. all others are false . He God will soon show his power

God of my ancestors..!!! Who is this IGNORANT BABOON..!!!? KINDLY speak for yourself you sewer rat..! Inferior BASTARD...!

1 Like

Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by MAYOWAAK: 3:14pm On Oct 15, 2013
How old did the Bible say the earth is? And did the Qur’an say that the earth is flat?

Ask these two questions and you immediately encounter a vigorous defense by adherents of these two holy books. Their defense is all centered on making sure that their holy books do not run counter to what modern science know to be true.

The universe, we now know, is about 14 billion years old and the earth is 4.5 billion years old. According to a study published last month by researchers at the University of East Anglia in Britain, human race has another 1.7 billion years before the earth moves into the sun’s hot zone. That’s when the temperature of the earth will be so high that it would be uninhabitable for mankind. At that point all lives on earth will come to an end. There is hope that by then man must have figured out how to move to another planet or even another galaxy.

Though the Bible did not say specifically how old the earth is, researchers used biblical genealogies to arrive at the conclusion that following the letters of the Bible the earth and the universe are 6,000 years.

Obviously, that cannot be true. Carbon-dating of human fossils found in Africa has shown that the first modern man showed up on earth some 200,000 years ago. Bible followers do not want the Bible to be wrong so they go to the limit to prove that the genealogies of the Bible cannot be followed on face value. They say that many words of the Bible are deeper than they appear - and that “only the deep are called to the deep.” In fact, some argue that there are some things that God deliberately left vague in the Bible.

When it is apparently wrong, it’s said to be metaphoric or an allegory or a hyperbole or simile and should not be taken literally. At other times, the error is attributed to “something lost in translation”- like mentioning insects with four legs; rabbits that chew their cud; bats that are classified as birds; snails that are described as animals that melt.

Several times, references were made in the Bible about the ends of the earth as if the earth was flat. And time and time again, it says the earth is fixed and immovable. Of course, we now know that the earth moves. The Bible also says that the moon is the lesser of the two great lights God made. The moon of course has no light. It only reflects the rays of the sun.
In Creation story, God made night and day before he made the sun which determines when it’s night and when it’s day. How is that possible? He made plants before the bees and the butterflies that pollinate them or even the sun that will bring about photosynthesis.

It is the same with the Qur’an. The Qur’an says that Allah has made the earth for you as a carpet (spread out). That Allah has spread out or flattened the earth on the back of a great fish and used the mountain to keep the earth from shaking due to the movement of the fish.

Believers will go to any length to prove that it was all a misunderstanding of what the holy book was saying. They argue, for example, that the crust of the earth is the carpet in question. And that in any case you can spread a carpet on objects that are round, too, and not just flat objects. They conclude that the Qur’an actually confirms what science now knows.
At one point the Qur’an wonders why and how the sun and the moon do not collide. Did Allah create the stars as missiles to be thrown at the devils?

The Qur’an and the Bible were written to be for all times. They are vague enough for adherents to find verses in them to explain new phenomenon of the new world. But for how long can they provide plausible answers? Despite what Jesus said, the mustard seed is not the smallest seed there is. Just the way atom is not the smallest indivisible particle there is, as Dalton once propounded. This new struggle to align these holy books with modern science is a new thing.

The Biblical age of the earth was not challenged until the late 18th century when researchers abandoned the Bible and, instead, used geological factors like the cooling of the molten lava in their calculation. That was when the church rejected the global flood and the biblical age of the earth.

Because the Bible reported that a rib was taken from man to make a woman, everyone believed it until 1543 when the physician, Andreas Vesalius showed that the number of ribs in a man was the same as the number in a woman. When in the 17th century, the Italian scientist, Galileo Galilei, stated that the sun was at the center of the universe and not the earth, the Catholic Church was alarmed. In February of 1615, the church tried Galileo by Inquisition as a suspect of heresy. The church forced Galileo to recant his scientific finding and kept him under house arrest for the rest of his life. It took almost 400 years before Pope John Paul II expressed regret over how the church handled the Galileo affair.

Different religious groups have essentially abandoned the mission of attacking many of the mainstream scientific findings- with the exception of evolution. They now fall over themselves to ensure that the teachings of their religion conform to these understandings. But for how long?

1 Like

Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by macof(m): 3:53pm On Oct 15, 2013
MAYOWAAK: How old did the Bible say the earth is? And did the Qur’an say that the earth is flat?

Ask these two questions and you immediately encounter a vigorous defense by adherents of these two holy books. Their defense is all centered on making sure that their holy books do not run counter to what modern science know to be true.

The universe, we now know, is about 14 billion years old and the earth is 4.5 billion years old. According to a study published last month by researchers at the University of East Anglia in Britain, human race has another 1.7 billion years before the earth moves into the sun’s hot zone. That’s when the temperature of the earth will be so high that it would be uninhabitable for mankind. At that point all lives on earth will come to an end. There is hope that by then man must have figured out how to move to another planet or even another galaxy.

Though the Bible did not say specifically how old the earth is, researchers used biblical genealogies to arrive at the conclusion that following the letters of the Bible the earth and the universe are 6,000 years.

Obviously, that cannot be true. Carbon-dating of human fossils found in Africa has shown that the first modern man showed up on earth some 200,000 years ago. Bible followers do not want the Bible to be wrong so they go to the limit to prove that the genealogies of the Bible cannot be followed on face value. They say that many words of the Bible are deeper than they appear - and that “only the deep are called to the deep.” In fact, some argue that there are some things that God deliberately left vague in the Bible.

When it is apparently wrong, it’s said to be metaphoric or an allegory or a hyperbole or simile and should not be taken literally. At other times, the error is attributed to “something lost in translation”- like mentioning insects with four legs; rabbits that chew their cud; bats that are classified as birds; snails that are described as animals that melt.

Several times, references were made in the Bible about the ends of the earth as if the earth was flat. And time and time again, it says the earth is fixed and immovable. Of course, we now know that the earth moves. The Bible also says that the moon is the lesser of the two great lights God made. The moon of course has no light. It only reflects the rays of the sun.
In Creation story, God made night and day before he made the sun which determines when it’s night and when it’s day. How is that possible? He made plants before the bees and the butterflies that pollinate them or even the sun that will bring about photosynthesis.

It is the same with the Qur’an. The Qur’an says that Allah has made the earth for you as a carpet (spread out). That Allah has spread out or flattened the earth on the back of a great fish and used the mountain to keep the earth from shaking due to the movement of the fish.

Believers will go to any length to prove that it was all a misunderstanding of what the holy book was saying. They argue, for example, that the crust of the earth is the carpet in question. And that in any case you can spread a carpet on objects that are round, too, and not just flat objects. They conclude that the Qur’an actually confirms what science now knows.
At one point the Qur’an wonders why and how the sun and the moon do not collide. Did Allah create the stars as missiles to be thrown at the devils?

The Qur’an and the Bible were written to be for all times. They are vague enough for adherents to find verses in them to explain new phenomenon of the new world. But for how long can they provide plausible answers? Despite what Jesus said, the mustard seed is not the smallest seed there is. Just the way atom is not the smallest indivisible particle there is, as Dalton once propounded. This new struggle to align these holy books with modern science is a new thing.

The Biblical age of the earth was not challenged until the late 18th century when researchers abandoned the Bible and, instead, used geological factors like the cooling of the molten lava in their calculation. That was when the church rejected the global flood and the biblical age of the earth.

Because the Bible reported that a rib was taken from man to make a woman, everyone believed it until 1543 when the physician, Andreas Vesalius showed that the number of ribs in a man was the same as the number in a woman. When in the 17th century, the Italian scientist, Galileo Galilei, stated that the sun was at the center of the universe and not the earth, the Catholic Church was alarmed. In February of 1615, the church tried Galileo by Inquisition as a suspect of heresy. The church forced Galileo to recant his scientific finding and kept him under house arrest for the rest of his life. It took almost 400 years before Pope John Paul II expressed regret over how the church handled the Galileo affair.

Different religious groups have essentially abandoned the mission of attacking many of the mainstream scientific findings- with the exception of evolution. They now fall over themselves to ensure that the teachings of their religion conform to these understandings. But for how long?
thank you very much.

This only proves that Christianity and Islam are enemies of progress.
And more importantly they are false, a big lie, and a deliberate attempt to convey mental slavery upon the world

1 Like

Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by daroz(m): 4:55pm On Oct 15, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Your Allah who knows the secret of universe didn't know that sky isn't rocky. Lol.

Feed that to brainwashed and those that closed their brain from reasoning. Hijab and lawani thang.

Stop trolling me with peace. Nothing like that in islam
I can't just stop liking dis post
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by akahp(m): 7:29pm On Oct 15, 2013
Okija_juju:

[b]Okay!!

So Joseph that was nearly killed by the founding fathers of Isreal.. The same Joseph that was put inside a pit and sold off to Merchants as a slave.. The same Joseph that Egpyt saw, bought and gave him Egyptian Citizenship with Passport.. The Same Joseph that the Egyptians allowed to join Egyptian politics and was made a Gowon in the Land of Egypt..

Do you understand what it takes for an immigrant to hold such a Position in a foreign land?! Can a Nigerian with a tourist Visa become a Mayor in Yankee?!

LEGALLY!! Joseph was more Egyptian than Isreali.. #FACT!! So saying that Joseph saved Egypt is like saying that an Egyptian Political Office Holder saved his Nation..

430 years!!

Imagine that you allowed a squatter come into your house for a few months, hoping that he will oneday get a job and move out.. Only for the guy to stay in your house, get married, starts having children, grand children, great grand chindlren... O SHIIITT!! Now these Visitors are slowly having more rights in your own house than your Children.. Then you decide that okay! These Visitors should start paying rent after free loading in your house for 430 years.. Thats when the Visitors remember that they even had a house somewhere else and that they are moving out. Meanwhile, you are now broke and struggling!!

Tell me... You no go call Police arrest all of them?!

Then when you insist that they must pay compensation for the 430 years of free loading, they go to their village and do Juju to kill off all your male children.. WHAT!!! angry

My guy free matter jor!

The Jew God is filled with extreme bias and killed off everything that was not Jewish in the Bible..
[/b]
kom, wey u, u d read ur own bible 4rm bak? Wich 'legaly, egyptian political joseph r u talkn abt? D slave dat was later thrown into prison? Na 4presidential vila im dey b4 pharoah drim dat drim?.......if u no get any valid point 2use argue agn abeg jst find mat spread slip beta slip....no jst kom d talk poo 2criticise d bible or God dat created u. Lik say u d breath nd reason 4rm anus ni.....mitchw
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by macof(m): 8:54pm On Oct 15, 2013
akah.p:
kom, wey u, u d read ur own bible 4rm bak? Wich 'legaly, egyptian political joseph r u talkn abt? D slave dat was later thrown into prison? Na 4presidential vila im dey b4 pharoah drim dat drim?.......if u no get any valid point 2use argue agn abeg jst find mat spread slip beta slip....no jst kom d talk poo 2criticise d bible or God dat created u. Lik say u d breath nd reason 4rm anus ni.....mitchw
the God of the Bible created nothing but dog poo

2 Likes

Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by akahp(m): 11:35pm On Oct 15, 2013
macof: the God of the Bible created nothing but dog poo
meaning say na ur vilage gods create u or beta sti, u b descendant of monkey....i c, nice reasoning. U wil definitely b going 4d later i guess

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Winners' Chapel Declares 7-Day Fasting For The Rescue Of The Soul Of Nigeria / Paul Adefarasin And Wife, Ifeanyi Adefarasin Celebrate 23rd Wedding Anniversary / What Is The Difference Between Soul Winning And Evangelism?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.