Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,581 members, 7,816,429 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:09 AM

Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? (16638 Views)

"Pursuing Strategy Of Destruction Of Israel" Is Top Priority: IRGC / Who Was The God Of The Old Testament? / In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by Nobody: 1:56pm On Oct 14, 2013
Jeremiah 32vs27:Jeremiah,I am the Lord.I am d God of every person on earth...'
Rom 9vs25:I will call them my ppl,who were nt my ppl,And her beloved,who ws not beloved
Hosea 2vs23 too
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by Gombs(m): 1:59pm On Oct 14, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

Are you craze? Joseph did not save H.H the Pharaoh. The Pharaoh had a large enough well-trained Army to save the world.

See serious confusion abeg grin

grin
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by macof(m): 2:04pm On Oct 14, 2013
[quote author=Bidam][/quote] wats this one saying Do you know Aristotle?

Aristotle supported Phyragoras claim of a spherical earth around 330BC

In fact non of the apostles or any thing in the bible ever contributed to world science. It's too lame brain to be true
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by macof(m): 2:21pm On Oct 14, 2013
nokingasgod:

I agree with you almost in totality but disagree with your perception of Jesus, the Christ. Christ may rightfully be termed the Son of God because He was and still is, a part of God deployed on earth out of the Love of God for Redemption of mankind. Apart from this, all other assertions you made, I think, are correct.

Ok. You seem to have me interested in learning about your views of Jesus/yeshua. Pls tell me wat you believe.

Pls I'll appreciate if u avoid Bible passages. I don't take the Bible seriously
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by Forwetinnah: 2:33pm On Oct 14, 2013
presiade:
If Joseph did not save Egypt in the first place, where would Egypt or Pharaoh be about 430 years after...?

Ask him!
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by GooseBaba: 2:42pm On Oct 14, 2013
Bidam: Nope,i am a christian..You failed to follow the thread of the post that led me to ask you this question.The problem with you guys is that you assume too much.

Atleast you admit this part and you are not far from the truth,even the bible state that God is LIGHT.
How do you convince millions of uneducated folks?It all boils down to man made philosophies which was my argument with the other poster.You said someone needs education.Can education be taught WITHOUT BOOKS and imaginations?
I am not in disagreement with this assertion
What about the God in your philosophical science book and fiction does it make sense?Is it not also MAN'S IMAGINATION?

You are simply looking for wiggle room where there is none. Your ancestors could tell time by looking at the sun, did they get that from books. At a point in time I could do the same. Your ancestors farmed on the land, they knew the power of a rich soil, the need for rain and sunlight they did not write or read books, they simply embraced their realities.

They did not read a book to know about the universe because they were one with nature. How can you imagine/ assume your reality? I cannot give credit to my imagination for the air I breathe or the food I eat. So why give credit to biblical stories that came from the imaginations of men.

Let's be clear we all know that Abrahamic faithfuls are the ones that showcase their sub human tendencies in order to stay relevant.

1 Like

Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by macof(m): 2:43pm On Oct 14, 2013
presiade:
If Joseph did not save Egypt in the first place, where would Egypt or Pharaoh be about 430 years after...?
Egypt would probably be extinct. But so would the Israelites even before they became a nation, because there would have been no Egypt to feed them
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by Forwetinnah: 2:51pm On Oct 14, 2013
Gombs:

See serious confusion abeg grin

grin

Don't mind him(e nefa read bibayli), he's forgetting that the famine that affected other nations would have affected Egypt too if JOSEPH had not interpreted Pharoahs dream, the main reason why Pharoah even accomodated the Isrealites in the 1st place and made Joseph his next in command (woo hunger for finish those mighty army wey him dey shout dey behind pharoah) the God of Jacob blessed Joseph..when people choose sides, they pick one and leave the other. My advice to some folks here, even if people don't believe in the Bible, try reading it as a novel.. Call it fiction etc, there's great knowledge therein, there's no single thing happening in the world right now that does not have some Biblical backing..its tiresome arguing with people

2 Likes

Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by nokingasgod: 2:58pm On Oct 14, 2013
macof:

Ok. You seem to have me interested in learning about your views of Jesus/yeshua. Pls tell me wat you believe.

In as much as i am not averse to constructive, objective and didactic discuss with any one, I am not particularly interested in having anyone learning about my views of Jesus or any religion. Whatever belief I hold is for my personal use and good which must not be forced down the throat of anyone.

Albeit, the Bible as adulterated, abused, edited, misconstrued, misapplied as it is, is still relevant to some level of spiritual knowledge. It will continue to remain a reference point as far as religious creeds are concerned. A truly alive human being, not a hot house plant will still be able to decipher the truth inherent in the biblical narrations, so, will still need to take the bible seriously. Hence my dilemma with your caveat '' Pls I'll appreciate if u avoid Bible passages. I don't take the Bible seriously''
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by Forwetinnah: 3:01pm On Oct 14, 2013
macof: Egypt would probably be extinct. But so would the Israelites even before they became a nation, because there would have been no Egypt to feed them

Helloooo..Isreal (Jacob)was just a FAMILY then, Egpyt was already a NATION. The Isrealites(Jacobs sons) were NOT the only people who went to buy food from EGYPT then. As a nation, EGYPT stored more food. God has his ways..joseph was in Egypt for a REASON!
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by Mintayo(m): 3:01pm On Oct 14, 2013
macof: Egypt would probably be extinct. But so would the Israelites even before they became a nation, because there would have been no Egypt to feed them
interestingly...you should read the Bible more and think more.
What if Joseph did not interprete pharaoh's dream?
If you look at the life of Joseph very well,you will see that God was with Him; also,without Egypt,God would stil provide a way for the israelites.
Joseph going to Egypt and saving them plus Egypt later ruling over Israel for 400+ yrs was not an accident...God had already told Abraham about it...

1 Like

Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by mko2005: 3:22pm On Oct 14, 2013
991: religion is funny!! seriously, wonder how people fall for such a cheap brainwashing.
Everything to u guys is 'brainwashing' even when you DIE you no go believe becos you go say na brain washing !

God help us
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by Okijajuju1(m): 3:25pm On Oct 14, 2013
Gombs:

Gadddamit!

Exodus 1

7 But the descendants of Israel were fruitful and
increased abundantly; they multiplied and grew
exceedingly strong, and the land was full of them.
8 Now a new king arose over Egypt who did not know
Joseph.
9 He said to his people, Behold, the Israelites are too many and too mighty for us [and they [a]outnumber us both in people and in strength].
10 Come, let us deal shrewdly with them, lest they
multiply more and, should war befall us, they join our
enemies, fight against us, and escape out of the land.

Compare you words in bold and the word in the bible I just quoted. If you still bliv your reasons are true, then I volunteer to send you a bible and a sunday sch teacher.

Umm BTW
How did you calculate exactly 430yrs?
Exodus 12:40-41 says the Hebrews spent 430 years in
Egypt, although not all of this time is said to have been as slaves

Meeeehn! You's lying, you shd be called Linus grin

Abeg make we no derail this thread

[b]Okay!!

So Joseph that was nearly killed by the founding fathers of Isreal.. The same Joseph that was put inside a pit and sold off to Merchants as a slave.. The same Joseph that Egpyt saw, bought and gave him Egyptian Citizenship with Passport.. The Same Joseph that the Egyptians allowed to join Egyptian politics and was made a Gowon in the Land of Egypt..

Do you understand what it takes for an immigrant to hold such a Position in a foreign land?! Can a Nigerian with a tourist Visa become a Mayor in Yankee?!

LEGALLY!! Joseph was more Egyptian than Isreali.. #FACT!! So saying that Joseph saved Egypt is like saying that an Egyptian Political Office Holder saved his Nation..

430 years!!

Imagine that you allowed a squatter come into your house for a few months, hoping that he will oneday get a job and move out.. Only for the guy to stay in your house, get married, starts having children, grand children, great grand chindlren... O SHIIITT!! Now these Visitors are slowly having more rights in your own house than your Children.. Then you decide that okay! These Visitors should start paying rent after free loading in your house for 430 years.. Thats when the Visitors remember that they even had a house somewhere else and that they are moving out. Meanwhile, you are now broke and struggling!!

Tell me... You no go call Police arrest all of them?!

Then when you insist that they must pay compensation for the 430 years of free loading, they go to their village and do Juju to kill off all your male children.. WHAT!!! angry

My guy free matter jor!

The Jew God is filled with extreme bias and killed off everything that was not Jewish in the Bible..
[/b]

4 Likes

Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by mko2005: 3:26pm On Oct 14, 2013
macof:

Only God can take people like you serious becos HE cares about ur soul and want's to save you !

God help us

1 Like

Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by Okijajuju1(m): 3:29pm On Oct 14, 2013
Mintayo:
If you look at the life of Joseph very well,you will see that God was with Him; also,without Egypt,God would stil provide a way for the israelites.
Joseph going to Egypt and saving them plus Egypt later ruling over Israel for 400+ yrs was not an accident...God had already told Abraham about it...

If Egypt didnt save Joseph...

He would have ended up like this somewhere in Rome..

2 Likes

Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by GooseBaba: 3:31pm On Oct 14, 2013
For wetin nah?:

Don't mind him(e nefa read bibayli), he's forgetting that the famine that affected other nations would have affected Egypt too if JOSEPH had not interpreted Pharoahs dream, the main reason why Pharoah even accomodated the Isrealites in the 1st place and made Joseph his next in command (woo hunger for finish those mighty army wey him dey shout dey behind pharoah) the God of Jacob blessed Joseph..when people choose sides, they pick one and leave the other. My advice to some folks here, even if people don't believe in the Bible, try reading it as a novel.. Call it fiction etc, there's great knowledge therein, there's no single thing happening in the world right now that does not have some Biblical backing..its tiresome arguing with people

You can only lay claim to your assertion about biblical backing by your interpretation. Was the bible SPECIFIC about technology air Conditon, Wifi, cell phones, human organs, blood transfusion, pothestic legs, parachutes? And the list goes on.

For the length of time this book has be written and rewritten it only encompass human struggle and a broad and vague proclamation.Humans did not change physically therefore their struggles remain the same. People still dream, fear still exist, women still die at child birth, people still kill, wars are still fought, humans still have the same organs, there is still sickness and death, accidents, money still rules the world.

Hence the reason for different sects of bible believers and their Confused state of mind. Interpretations and excuses are your only biblical backings.
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:34pm On Oct 14, 2013
Okija_juju:

If Egypt didnt save Joseph...

He would have ended up like this somewhere in Rome..

hahaha brother OKija, your way of conveying the truth through humour is amazing. grin
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by Beync(f): 3:43pm On Oct 14, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

shut up.
gerrout.
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by macof(m): 3:46pm On Oct 14, 2013
For wetin nah?:

Helloooo..Isreal (Jacob)was just a FAMILY then, Egpyt was already a NATION. The Isrealites(Jacobs sons) were NOT the only people who went to buy food from EGYPT then. As a nation, EGYPT stored more food. God has his ways..joseph was in Egypt for a REASON!
we are still saying the same thing.

If Egypt was affected by the famine, Israel wud have been extinct before they even started
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by presiade(m): 3:47pm On Oct 14, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

Are you craze? Joseph did not save H.H the Pharaoh. The Pharaoh had a large enough well-trained Army to save the world.
No, I'm not crazy (but you should check yourself)!
Having said that, if Joseph hadn't interpreted (and proferred solution to) your almighty Pharaoh's dreams where would the nation called Egypt be, even with her mighty army in the face of 7 years drought and famine?
As for those saying Israel would have gone extinct as well, I disagree; God would have provided another source survival for Isreal (as he demonstrated in the wilderness- He rained Manna)!
I suggest you read Genesis 41.
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by macof(m): 3:47pm On Oct 14, 2013
Mintayo:

shocked where did God tell Abraham?
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by macof(m): 3:53pm On Oct 14, 2013
m.k.o2005:

Only God can take people like you serious becos HE cares about ur soul and want's to save you !

God help us

Of course you don't have to tell me that I know.

God is the giver of soul, and it's only normal to care about my soul and to save me from danger, lack of knowledge and mental slavery
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by GooseBaba: 3:56pm On Oct 14, 2013
presiade:
Having said that, if Joseph hadn't interpreted (and proferred solution to) your almighty Pharaoh's dreams where would the nation called Egypt be, even with her mighty army in the face of 7 years drought and famine?
As for those saying Israel would have gone extinct as well, I disagree; God would have provided another source survival for Isreal (as he demonstrated in the wilderness- He rained Manna)!

Typical.. You are now adding your own to the story line.."your god would have provided another source in another story..."wahala dey oooo..!! Some inferior Africans now claim to be Jews and Israelites.
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by macof(m): 3:57pm On Oct 14, 2013
presiade:

God would have also found a way for Egypt if Joseph hadn't interpreted the dream.
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by presiade(m): 4:03pm On Oct 14, 2013
macof:

It was a prophecy that the children of Abraham would be taken to Egpyt for about400 years before going to possess Canaan! Read the Bible well before trying to critisize it... @ least, most atheist that I know do!
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by presiade(m): 4:06pm On Oct 14, 2013
macof:

God would have also found a way for Egypt if Joseph hadn't interpreted the dream.
It is a big lie! Joseph only came to the rescue when all attempts by the socerers in Egypt failed! Their god ('or' or so) failed them because He was no GOD!
They went to bring Joseph from the prison to unravel the mystery, which only God almighty can solve!
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by Mintayo(m): 4:07pm On Oct 14, 2013
macof:

too bad,it shows u guys dnt read d Bible,you just twist the bible and give it a satanic and paganize interpretation,instead of you to humble yourself and study it.
I wnt tell you that,go study the book of Genesis,you will see where God told Abraham that his seeds will be held captiv in a foreign nation for 4 centuries...smh.
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:07pm On Oct 14, 2013
presiade:

NO such interference by joseph has been recorded by the Ancient Egyptians. Its a lie and a SCAM.
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by Mintayo(m): 4:12pm On Oct 14, 2013
macof:

this ur confusion get as e be o,the last time i checked,God has no business with Egypt,He didnt make any covenant with them but only the Israelites,na wa o!
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by presiade(m): 4:15pm On Oct 14, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

NO such interference by joseph has been recorded by the Ancient Egyptians. Its a lie and a SCAM.
Ok, it's now you just realised that Joseph didn't exist or what? After all your skewed arguements? You are really confused; you see? It's really hard to go against the truth!
Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by Mintayo(m): 4:16pm On Oct 14, 2013
Okija_juju:

[b]Okay!!

So Joseph that was nearly killed by the founding fathers of Isreal.. The same Joseph that was put inside a pit and sold off to Merchants as a slave.. The same Joseph that Egpyt saw, bought and gave him Egyptian Citizenship with Passport.. The Same Joseph that the Egyptians allowed to join Egyptian politics and was made a Gowon in the Land of Egypt..

Do you understand what it takes for an immigrant to hold such a Position in a foreign land?! Can a Nigerian with a tourist Visa become a Mayor in Yankee?!

LEGALLY!! Joseph was more Egyptian than Isreali.. #FACT!! So saying that Joseph saved Egypt is like saying that an Egyptian Political Office Holder saved his Nation..

430 years!!

Imagine that you allowed a squatter come into your house for a few months, hoping that he will oneday get a job and move out.. Only for the guy to stay in your house, get married, starts having children, grand children, great grand chindlren... O SHIIITT!! Now these Visitors are slowly having more rights in your own house than your Children.. Then you decide that okay! These Visitors should start paying rent after free loading in your house for 430 years.. Thats when the Visitors remember that they even had a house somewhere else and that they are moving out. Meanwhile, you are now broke and struggling!!

Tell me... You no go call Police arrest all of them?!

Then when you insist that they must pay compensation for the 430 years of free loading, they go to their village and do Juju to kill off all your male children.. WHAT!!! angry

My guy free matter jor!

The Jew God is filled with extreme bias and killed off everything that was not Jewish in the Bible..
[/b]
nawa o,this ur translation get as e be o,na from okija shrine you get am from...seee LIES!

1 Like

Re: Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? by GooseBaba: 4:17pm On Oct 14, 2013
Mintayo:
this ur confusion get as e be o,the last time i checked,God has no business with Egypt,He didnt make any covenant with them but only the Israelites,na wa o!

You are right ... The biblical god had no business with Egypt. But God the creator that is unbiased has covenant with all mankind...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Winners' Chapel Declares 7-Day Fasting For The Rescue Of The Soul Of Nigeria / Paul Adefarasin And Wife, Ifeanyi Adefarasin Celebrate 23rd Wedding Anniversary / What Is The Difference Between Soul Winning And Evangelism?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.