Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,291 members, 7,836,279 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach (24152 Views)

Be Strong In The Grace That’s In Christ Jesus / Pastor Adeboye Warns Members About Sister Linda's Message Of Hell / Bombshell:(pt2) How Paul Distorted Christianity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by kingk(m): 10:19am On Oct 03, 2013
MostHigh:

So in other words there is no need to copy your masters examplary life.smiley

Even though he specifically asked you to..

In Math 16:24 the master specifically insrtucts the desciple to deny himself and follow his way of life

Meanwhile shdemidemi says the masters way is unatainable due to his genetic supiriority grin grin Whatever that is.

shdemidemi you are taching the doctrine of the deciever.

You have been warned. smiley

And the bolded in your statement is purely your opinion without any scriptural backing

Also the Issue here is that christ chose not to sin.

It is not that he could not sin.

Every soul has the choice to make.

It will always be about 2 men 2 ways 2 destinies, there is no middle ground with the most high God. smiley

Nice saying bro..............mostly, I thank God for his Grace, Goodness and Mercy to join this thread today again.
Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by MrPresident1: 10:23am On Oct 03, 2013
MostHigh:

Even though he specifically asked you to..

In Math 16:24 the master specifically insrtucts the desciple to deny himself and follow his way of life

Meanwhile shdemidemi says the masters way is unatainable due to his genetic supiriority grin grin Whatever that is.

And the bolded in your statement is purely your opinion without any scriptural backing

It is not that he could not sin.

It will always be about 2 men 2 ways 2 destinies, there is no middle ground with the most high God. smiley

Sire, I fear for the evil these people are peddling. Deceptive and deceitful doctrines propounded by demons and propagated by their agents.

Yashua told us he is the way to The Father, he also told us to learn of Him.

Mathew 11:29
29 Take my yoke upon you,and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

John 14:21
He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

It is by walking the way Yashua walked that we can have access to the Father. These people have refused to keep the commands of Yashua, they can never know the Father, He will never manifest Himself to them!
Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by ebonylady4real(f): 10:31am On Oct 03, 2013
true
shdemidemi: @ alwaystrue and Tgirl

Are we under any covenant as Christians?

Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by shdemidemi(m): 10:56am On Oct 03, 2013
MostHigh:

In all things we are to seek understanding. What exactly is the exemplary life of Jesus we must copy if I may ask?

MostHigh:
In Math 16:24 the master specifically insrtucts the desciple to deny himself and follow his way of life.

That verse actually says 'Then Jesus said to His disciples, “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me' and not follow my way of life. I believe Christ is saying listen to what I am saying to you, different from literally do what I am doing. I believe Jesus is perfect, I believe no man can by any self ability but by believing the gospel of Christ we are made right in the sight of God.
MostHigh:
Romans 8:3 says

For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

Christ had no sin in him because the blood of Adam does not run in him.
MostHigh:

I really don't think so, I am only taking the word of God for what it is. No addition n no subtraction.
MostHigh:
I believe I have addressed the issue of Christ and the lack of sinful nature in him.
MostHigh:
It will always be about 2 men 2 ways 2 destinies, there is no middle ground with the most high God. smiley. [
What choice?
The scripture says God controls our thoughts and choices when we have His Spirit in us. Even when we think we are making a choice out of our own volition, we unconsciously choose for God.

The bible says Romans 8:30

Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

He knew us before we were born, He knows our next move and our destination, He called us to himself for He said we did not choose him but He chose us and He justifies us. What really do I have to do here, it's all God that works in me to even think about Him or do any work. Where is my choice here bro?

Do you really think Paul chose to preach this gospel? No. God apprehended him, he arrested him, He chose him just like He does to anyone who is alive in the faith.

Jesus also called all the twelve, none chose him. We remain dead until God calls us, therefore no man can preach any man to salvation, we can only talk. God does the finish work through his word or through disaster.

1 Like

Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by MostHigh: 10:59am On Oct 03, 2013
Mr President:

Sire, I fear for the evil these people are peddling. Deceptive and deceitful doctrines propounded by demons and propagated by their agents.

Yashua told us he is the way to The Father, he also told us to learn of Him.

Mathew 11:29
29 Take my yoke upon you,and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

John 14:21
He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

It is by walking the way Yashua walked that we can have access to the Father. These people have refused to keep the commands of Yashua, they can never know the Father, He will never manifest Himself to them!

Presidooooooooooooo!!

Wassup mi brother, where you been.

True Words of wisdom you have spoken here Sire, the children of the light always come with greater and greater light all the time.smiley

Matthew 10:25 ...It is enough for students to be like their teachers, and servants like their masters.

The sons of perdition will all suffer for thier folly, this is for sure.
Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by MostHigh: 11:02am On Oct 03, 2013
author=shdemidemi]

What choice?
The scripture says God controls our thoughts and choices when we have His Spirit in us. Even when we think we are making a choice out of our own volition, we unconsciously choose for God.

The prescence of the indwelling spirit within the believer does not negate or take away your free will.smiley

1 Like

Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by MostHigh: 11:13am On Oct 03, 2013
That verse actually says 'Then Jesus said to His disciples, “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me' and not follow my way of life. I believe Christ is saying listen to what I am saying to you, different from literally do what I am doing. I believe Jesus is perfect, I believe no man can by any self ability but by believing the gospel of Christ we are made right in the sight of God.

shdemidemi just catching for straws. smiley

So you would attempt to separate ME from MY WAY OF LIFE. grin grin grin

How is this possible shdemidemi please explain to us.

Is the word not the power

Is life and death not on the tounge

Ok lets try it this way.....

Watch your every thoughts for they might become your words

Watch your every word for thy might become your actions

Watch your every action for they might become your habits

And finally watch out for your habits for herin lies your DESTINY

So you see shdemidemi you cannot seperate the thought/spoken word form the outward character and eventual destiny. smiley

Finally a word from the ever wise master...

Math 23 Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples: 2 “The teachers of the law and the Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat. 3 So you must be careful to do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach
Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by MostHigh: 11:17am On Oct 03, 2013
What choice?

The bible says Romans 8:30

Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

He knew us before we were born, He knows our next move and our destination, He called us to himself for He said we did not choose him but He chose us and He justifies us. What really do I have to do here, it's all God that works in me to even think about Him or do any work. Where is my choice here bro?

Do you really think Paul chose to preach this gospel? No. God apprehended him, he arrested him, He chose him just like He does to anyone who is alive in the faith.

Jesus also called all the twelve, none chose him. We remain dead until God calls us, therefore no man can preach any man to salvation, we can only talk. God does the finish work through his word or through disaster.

Even with your predestination talk the reality still stands

You are endowed with a free will.

You are responsible for all of your actions so please be aware

There is a penalty for transgression it is called judgement.smiley

1 Like

Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by shdemidemi(m): 11:20am On Oct 03, 2013
^^^^please back your statements with scriptures so we don't use our own falling man's reasoning to say what God is not saying.

MostHigh:

You are responsible for all of your actions so please be aware

There is a penalty for transgression it is called judgement.smiley

Did God go into a covenant with you or your race?

What action did you take to be called an enemy of God before accepting Christ?
Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by shdemidemi(m): 11:32am On Oct 03, 2013
MostHigh:

shdemidemi just catching for straws. smiley

So you would attempt to separate ME from MY WAY OF LIFE. grin grin grin

I asked you before, I ask again.. What way of life are we really suppose to emulate...

Does emulating Christ mean I should do all he did literally?

Should I try to die for mankind?

I believe following Christ and emulating him simply means following his teachings.

2 Likes

Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by MostHigh: 11:51am On Oct 03, 2013
author=shdemidemi]

I asked you before, I ask again.. What way of life are we really suppose to emulate...

His way of life is all over the gospels stop being cheeky.smiley

Does emulating Christ mean I should do all he did literally?

The answer is yes. lets use the chinese movie as an example. Every desciple wants to be exactly as his master is, copying his every move mimicking his every action.

The relationship between desiple and master as we see between yashua and his desciples is exactly the same, I dont know where you got your own definition of DESCIPLE from but it is erronously wrong

Should I try to die for mankind?

Not mankind but for your brother which is really the same thing seeing that the end point is loss of ones own lifesmiley, If you were truly his desciple you would remember he revealed this to the elect as the greatest sacrifice a man could offer for his friends

I believe following Christ and emulating him simply means following his teachings

His teachings is all about obeying the LAW OF MOSES MATH 23:2 The teachers of the law and the Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat. 3 So you must be careful to do everything they tell you.

The sermon on the mount is pure LAW and that is why you cannot Identify with it.

Yashua quoted from the book of deutronomy more than any other book in the torah, fact.

Deutronomy is a reminder of the LAW.

Dont be the Lawless man. smiley
Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by MostHigh: 11:55am On Oct 03, 2013
shdemidemi: ^^^^please back your statements with scriptures so we don't use our own falling man's reasoning to say what God is not saying.

Where you not given a choice in the beginning?

Did you not of your own free will transgress the commandment given you

is that not free will?

grin grin Stop living in denial.

You are responsible for all your actions

You have been blessed with a free will and it is a beutifull thing

Trangressions will be met with judgements simple.smiley

Stop teaching lawlessness.

1 Like

Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by Goshen360(m): 11:57am On Oct 03, 2013
MostHigh:

His teachings is all about obeying the LAW OF MOSES MATH 23:2 The teachers of the law and the Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat. 3 So you must be careful to do everything they tell you.

The sermon on the mount is pure LAW and that is why you cannot Identify with it.

Yashua quoted from the book of deutronomy more than any other book in the torah, fact.

Deutronomy is a reminder of the LAW.

Dont be the Lawless man. smiley

You're dishonest in handling the word. Why can't you finish quoting what Christ said in that verse?

Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat: All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.

What then are they doing (as works) that Christ said disciples should NOT do?

1 Like

Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by MostHigh: 12:00pm On Oct 03, 2013
Goshen360:

You're dishonest in handling the word. Why can't you finish quoting what Christ said in that verse?

Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat: All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.

What then are they doing (as works) that Christ said disciples should NOT do?

And you are fighting the word and trying to take it apart.grin

For they say and do not.smiley Now that is the offence of the scribes.

But he never said disobey the scribes or moses on the contrary he said do all they tell you to do concerning the law and the prophets but dont be like them for they know the right thing, teach it but they dont do it themselves. grin

Sounds like some individuals I know on this forum, they preach yashua but cant be botherd with the works he did.smiley Hypocrites

Jokers.

You are teaching children to disobey moses.

grin grin

Even Goshen is Just catching for straws.
Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by kingk(m): 12:07pm On Oct 03, 2013
shdemidemi: ^^^^please back your statements with scriptures so we don't use our own falling man's reasoning to say what God is not saying.

I strongly agree with MostHigh, God himself knows that we have the right for our actions, that why he (God) pleaded in Deuteronomy 30 vs 19 .......I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:

You see the scripture won't lie for most things we do, we're responsible.

1 Like

Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by shdemidemi(m): 12:35pm On Oct 03, 2013
kingk:

I strongly agree with MostHigh, God himself knows that we have the right for our actions, that why he (God) pleaded in Deuteronomy 30 vs 19 .......I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:

You see the scripture won't lie for most things we do, we're responsible.

I can also understand why you agree with him. But if we read thoroughly through the books we might all agree.

Do you agree the Old Testament is the earthly representation and a shadow of the the new. I don't see the old as a story book, I kind of see it as the the dispensation of the flesh and the new as the dispensation of the Spirit.

I see Joseph as a kind of Christ preparing a place for his people in Egypt.

I see Isaac as the church born out of love and the Jews as Ishmael.

I see Moses' snake as the true word of God and the snakes of Jannes and Jambres as having a form of the true word.

I see Abraham as a form of the father Isaac the son and Jacob the Holy Spirit.

I see Israel to mean conquering by the strength of God and more.

How do we choose life in this present age?

Can man ever choose God?

In the book of Deuteronomy, God was speaking with His covenant people, He commanded them to carry out their part of the deal. He was with them and His glory was rested on the mercy seat. But today God is not with us but in us, that is if we have His Spirit in us by believing the gospel of His son.
Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by MostHigh: 12:42pm On Oct 03, 2013
shdemidemi:

I can also understand why you agree with him. But if we read thoroughly through the books we might all agree.

Do you agree the Old Testament is the earthly representation and a shadow of the the new. I don't see the old as a story book, I kind of see it as the the dispensation of the flesh and the new as the dispensation of the Spirit.

I see Moses' snake as the true word of God and the snakes of Jannes and Jambres as having a form of the true word.

Can man ever choose God?

Lawlessness is death.smiley
Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by kingk(m): 12:59pm On Oct 03, 2013
shdemidemi:

Can man ever choose God?

In the book of Deuteronomy, God was speaking with His covenant people, He commanded them to carry out their part of the deal. He was with them and His glory was rested on the mercy seat. But today God is not with us but in us, that is if we have His Spirit in us by believing the gospel of His son.

God is God, we can't choose him but we can choose to serve him or not........that's why we have our own will to do or not.......then if we choose to serve him, we must obey his LAWsssss.
Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by shdemidemi(m): 1:16pm On Oct 03, 2013
kingk:

God is God, we can't choose him but we can choose to serve him or not........that's why we have our own will to do or not.......then if we choose to serve him, we must obey his LAWsssss.

How it makes human sense to agree with you, but the scripture says otherwise.
John 15:16
You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you.

Ephesians 1:4
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, 4 just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love, 5 having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will,

2 Thessalonians 2:13
But we are bound to give thanks to God always for you, brethren beloved by the Lord, because God from the beginning [b]chose you for salvation [/b]through sanctification by the Spirit and belief in the truth, 14 to which He called you by our gospel, for the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Philipians 2:13
13 for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.

There is a regenerated spirit in every believer of the gospel, this spirit is the real us. The spirit is separate from our sinful flesh that is bound to die. Paul would then make statements like
Romans 7
17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.

20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

My understanding is that the flesh and its members are under the principle of sin and death right from Adam. Paul concludes the chapter by saying

25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind (spirit, the new man, the real me)I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

The 'I' used here is the real me and not the falling flesh.

Many sort of see this as a licence to act immoral so they avoid it or water it down but it isn't. It is simply an indicative fact of scripture. Freedom is never a licence. Similar to saying uk laws prohibit me from smacking my child but in Nigeria there are no such laws. If I relocate to Nigeria, should I then start weeping the child just because there is no law against it.

Freedom is not a licence.

You are not under the law

Galatians 5:18
18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.

1 Like

Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by shdemidemi(m): 1:38pm On Oct 03, 2013
MostHigh:

You are right...are you under a law?
Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by kingk(m): 1:59pm On Oct 03, 2013
shdemidemi:

You are right...are you under a law?

Philipians 2 vs 13 in CEV it says; God is working in you to make you willing and able to obey him...... Cos he knows we human can decide not to.... Again. Bro, Gal 5 vs 18 in Contemporary English Version; put it this way.... But if you obey the Spirit, the Law of Moses has no control over you. Now talking about being under law, Yes but the laws of christ.
Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by shdemidemi(m): 2:13pm On Oct 03, 2013
kingk:

Philipians 2 vs 13 in CEV it says; God is working in you to make you willing and able to obey him......
So who does the work of making me willing and obey according to that verse?

kingk:
Cos he knows we human can decide not to.... .
You can't be more right, Humans will never choose God or work for him.

Romans 3:10

As it is written: “There is none righteous, no, not one; 11 There is none who understands; There is none who seeks after God. 12 They have all turned aside; They have together become unprofitable; There is none who does good, no, not one.”
kingk:
Again. Bro, Gal 5 vs 18 in Contemporary English Version; put it this way.... But if you obey the Spirit, the Law of Moses has no control over you.
How do I obey the Spirit? By accepting and believing the death burial and resurrection of Christ with all of my heart.
kingk:
Now talking about being under law, Yes but the laws of christ. .

What is the law of Christ, if I may ask.
Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by kingk(m): 2:24pm On Oct 03, 2013
shdemidemi:
So who does the work of making me willing and obey according to that verse?

You can't be more right, Humans will never choose God or work for him.

Romans 3:10

As it is written: “There is none righteous, no, not one; 11 There is none who understands; There is none who seeks after God. 12 They have all turned aside; They have together become unprofitable; There is none who does good, no, not one.”

How do I obey the Spirit? By accepting and believing the death burial and resurrection of Christ with all of my heart.

What is the law of Christ, if I may ask.

Though the Summarised law of christ is love............. But mathew 5 really outlined his laws to Christians.

1 Like

Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by shdemidemi(m): 2:40pm On Oct 03, 2013
kingk:

Though the Summarised law of christ is love............. But mathew 5 really outlined his laws to Christians.

Bro, Jesus never spoke to Christians in his earthly ministry...infact there was no Christianity at the time, there was Israel and the rest.
Matthew 15:24
But He answered and said, “I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

Matthew 10:6
These twelve Jesus sent out and commanded them, saying: “Do not go into the way of the Gentiles, and do not enter a city of the Samaritans.But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. 7 And as you go, preach, saying, ‘The kingdom of heaven is at hand.’

His ministry to the church only started after His death and resurrection. Not that we can't learn from what Jesus told God's earthly people but it must be known that we as part of the church are the true sons of God. As members of this mystical body of Christ called church we are not under any law but under grace.

We are in the dispensation of the Spirit that Christ talked about. Under this dispensation of the Spirit there is liberty.
2 cor 3:17
Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

Why is there liberty? The Spirit does everything for us- He leads us, He teaches us, He intercedes for us, He comforts us. in actual fact, as long as we have the Spirit we fulfil all the requirements of any law or principle.

1 Like

Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by kingk(m): 3:05pm On Oct 03, 2013
shdemidemi:

Bro, Jesus never spoke to Christians in his earthly ministry...infact there was no Christianity at the time, there was Israel and the rest.
Matthew 15:24
But He answered and said, “I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

Matthew 10:6
These twelve Jesus sent out and commanded them, saying: “Do not go into the way of the Gentiles, and do not enter a city of the Samaritans.But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. 7 And as you go, preach, saying, ‘The kingdom of heaven is at hand.’

His ministry to the church only started after His death and resurrection. Not that we can't learn from what Jesus told God's earthly people but it must be known that we as part of the church are the true sons of God. As members of this mystical body of Christ called church we are not under any law but under grace.

We are in the dispensation of the Spirit that Christ talked about. Under this dispensation of the Spirit there is liberty.
2 cor 3:17
Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

Why is there liberty? The Spirit does everything for us- He leads us, He teaches us, He intercedes for us, He comforts us. in actual fact, as long as we have the Spirit we fulfil all the requirements of any law or principle.

Please kindly explain what you mean by " Jesus never spoke to Christians in his earthly ministry." His parables I know is not earthly, but where do his law apply? Heavenly?
Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by MostHigh: 3:07pm On Oct 03, 2013
kingk:

Please kindly explain what you mean by " Jesus never spoke to Christians in his earthly ministry." His parables I know is not earthly, but where do his law apply? Heavenly?

Yes please kindly explain yaself shidedemi
Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by MostHigh: 3:09pm On Oct 03, 2013
kingk:

The man will never acknoledge or agree that mathew 5 or even the sermon on the mount is addressed to the followers of christ.

Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by Tgirl4real(f): 3:56pm On Oct 03, 2013
Na wa o. I still don't get the point Shdemidemi is trying to make.

Even looking at it from a carnal point of view, is it wrong to obey the instructions of your father?
Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by shdemidemi(m): 4:00pm On Oct 03, 2013
kingk:

Please kindly explain what you mean by " Jesus never spoke to Christians in his earthly ministry."

If you look through my penultimate post it's clearly written there bro. I quoted where Christ made it clear that he came for Israel. Christianity only started after the resurrection when Christ sent the disciples to the world and not just Israel.
kingk:
His parables I know is not earthly, but where do his law apply? Heavenly?
What do you mean by the 'parables is not earthly'?

His parables were more or less words of mysteries. Even the disciples could not comprehend the parables. Christ began to tell parables about the gentile world when he spoke about the prodigal son , the lost sheep and many more at the latter part of his ministry.
Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by shdemidemi(m): 4:02pm On Oct 03, 2013
Tgirl4real: Na wa o. I still don't get the point Shdemidemi is trying to make.

Even looking at it from a carnal point of view, is it wrong to obey the instructions of your father?

Not at all, it can't be wrong to obey your father's instruction but that is of course if you know what the instruction is.
Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by Alwaystrue(f): 4:24pm On Oct 03, 2013
@All,
Please see what the bible says:

Luke 16:16
The Law and the Prophets were UNTIL JOHN; SINCE THEN the good news of the kingdom of God is preached, and EVERYONE forces his way into it

John 1:17
For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.

John 1:14
And the WORD BECAME FLESH and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth

The law and prophets were until John and THE WORD OF GOD - JESUS CHRIST came to live with us, FULL OF GRACE AND TRUTH and the Kingdom of God is preached to EVERYMAN (remember the Samaritan woman), all He wanted was to focus on Israel (since it is their bread) first before spreading it to the whole world. IT IS THE SAME GOSPEL pls.

His life on earth as the WORD, was to give GRACE and TRUTH to the words already preached before now. HIS LIFE AND WORDS ON EARTH is the New Testament sealed in His blood (Mathew 26:28).
The Holy Spirit (Another Comforter) coming in Acts of the Apostles was to guide in all truth and remind us of the words of Jesus. This is difference we have between the OT and NT. We have the Spirit.
Thank you.
Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by kingk(m): 4:24pm On Oct 03, 2013
shdemidemi:

Not at all, it can't be wrong to obey your father's instruction but that is of course if you know what the instruction is.

Thank you Bro for your reply.............then if we knowing our father's LAWs (christ LAWs), then why will you say that we are not under the law?....being free from the law as Galatians 5 vs 18 put it; I don't think is saying that we are not under law but where you break that law, being that christ himself intercedes for us we will be forgiven........

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

You Can Never Miss Heaven If You Understand These Three Simple Facts. / What Practice Do You Hate In A Particular Church? / Some Muslims Will Make Heaven While Some Christians Will Not.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.