Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,218 members, 7,836,062 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:10 PM

The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach (24151 Views)

Be Strong In The Grace That’s In Christ Jesus / Pastor Adeboye Warns Members About Sister Linda's Message Of Hell / Bombshell:(pt2) How Paul Distorted Christianity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by Nobody: 3:36pm On Oct 02, 2013
obadiah777: well the point here is nobody wants to listen to peoples opinions. we want to hear what God says. this is what scripture says about the heart of man >>> jeremiah 17 vs 9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it? <<< as such i dont want to hear what 'your' opinions and beliefs are about spiritual issues. i want to hear what God says not what man says. this is why you have to back everything up with scriptures. without scriptures what is offered are just the persons vain opinions. thats why scripture says 'prove all things'. tis also why scripture says 'if they speak not according to whats in the bible ( meaning if you are not quoting verses to prove your points ) it is because their is no light in them'
More of what I dislike. My point simply is, multiple verses cannot convince any one of you. A verse or a chapter is enough.
Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by Reference(m): 3:51pm On Oct 02, 2013
Alwaystrue: @kingk,
I think you have answered your question already....BELIEVES....that is the heart of the matter. Anyone who believes in Jesus has righteousness imputed in Him.....And BELIEVING Jesus means Believing all He says just like Abraham believed all God said too based on what God told Him. That is where the righteousness is.
Believing is NOT an EVENT, it is a WAY OF LIFE. And when you believe what Jesus says, you will with fear and trembling work it out. Will it not be strange to believe something yet go against the belief?

John 11:26
Everyone who lives in me and believes in me will never ever die. Do you believe this, Martha?

John 8:31
Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed

John 15:10
If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commands and remain in his love

It is continuous and this is the working out our salvation we keep talking about. If you do not exercise what you believe, you lose it or it dies.

Oh, this is sweet dearie. By trusting, believing and responding (faith), righteousness is inputed to us. By living a life like this we just discover we have fulfilled and exceeded all the law ever requires.

You know what. By faith you can never go wrong even when it looks as if the law might be broken. Afterall was it not God who told Abraham to offer us Isaac as a sacrifice when God knew His law stood against this. And to show the depth of righteousness Abraham operated in the Bible says he believed that had it happened, God would have raised Isaac again from the dead.

You cannot do that hanging onto laws. This is confidence based on a sound relationship with He who is tasking you.

When God wants to do big stuff not even his laws can stop him. He is not bound by laws but by His Word, His honour.
Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by kingk(m): 4:02pm On Oct 02, 2013
I think you have answered your question already....BELIEVES....that is the heart of the matter. Anyone who believes in Jesus has righteousness imputed in Him.....And BELIEVING Jesus means Believing all He says just like Abraham believed all God said too based on what God told Him. That is where the righteousness is.
Believing is NOT an EVENT, it is a WAY OF LIFE. And when you believe what Jesus says, you will with fear and trembling work it out. Will it not be strange to believe something yet go against the belief?

Everyone who lives in me and believes in me will never ever die. Do you believe this, Martha?

Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed

If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commands and remain in his love

It is continuous and this is the working out our salvation we keep talking about. If you do not exercise what you believe, you lose it or it dies.

How do we exercise what we believed on if not by work, then work by obeying the LAW...........in Abraham case, he believed, (the word of God)......He worked (sacrifice of Isaac)...........also the law as (God ordered)...then it was counted to him as righteousness.

Also you said, "it is continuous and this is the working out our salvation we keep talking about." Please no one can work out his/her salvation, it's a free gift from christ as soon as we accept him, but righteousness can be worked out.
Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by Alwaystrue(f): 4:09pm On Oct 02, 2013
Reference:

Oh, this is sweet dearie. By trusting, believing and responding (faith), righteousness is inputed to us. By living a life like this we just discover we have fulfilled and exceeded all the law ever requires.

You know what. By faith you can never go wrong even when it looks as if the law might be broken. Afterall was it not God who told Abraham to offer us Isaac as a sacrifice when God knew His law stood against this. And to show the depth of righteousness Abraham operated in the Bible says he believed that had it happened, God would have raised Isaac again from the dead.

You cannot do that hanging onto laws. This is confidence based on a sound relationship with He who is tasking you.

When God wants to do big stuff not even his laws can stop him. He is not bound by laws but by His Word, His honour.

And that is why we spoke of righteous requirement of the law....the law in our hearts. The Pharisees thought Jesus had broken the law of Sabbath, what they did not realise and many do not realise is that is a deep law. Jesus said all the law is summed up in love. How can keeping the Sabbath be a law of love? Lol.
If we check our bibles well and study it with eyes of the spirit, we will see why Jesus actually did not break that law at all and how it actually relates to love.
Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by Alwaystrue(f): 4:15pm On Oct 02, 2013
kingk:

How do we exercise what we believed on if not by work, then work by obeying the LAW...........in Abraham case, he believed, (the word of God)......He worked (sacrifice of Isaac)...........also the law as (God ordered)...then it was counted to him as righteousness.

Also you said, "it is continuous and this is the working out our salvation we keep talking about." Please no one can work out his/her salvation, it's a free gift from christ as soon as we accept him, but righteousness can be worked out.

We are still saying the same thing. 'For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath beforehand ordained, that we should walk in them'. God had already preordained that we walk in Him.

Philipians 2:12
Dear friends, you always followed my instructions when I was with you. And now that I am away, it is even more important. Work hard to show the results of your salvation, obeying God with deep reverence and fear

You can read other translations.

Add: You are not working FOR it, you are working IN it.
Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by Goshen360(m): 4:23pm On Oct 02, 2013
shdemidemi:

It remains a miracle how people miss the gospel of Christ or mix it with that of the law. Apostle Paul through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit presented a gospel that imputed righteousness apart from the law. A righteousness separate from the law but mankind would fight all they can to allude righteousness to themselves.

The law could not nail sin, it couldn't reveal the sinfulness of sin but Christ came in the likeness of sinful flesh and nailed sin once and for all.

The truth is, many of our Christian brothers and sisters are still carrying the Law consciousness and using that to interpret or live grace in the new covenant.

And this is my fight, you have to first remove this consciousness of the law mentality from church people before you can ground them in the Grace of Christ otherwise, one will be teaching grace to law conscious audience and all they will see or interpret is, everything is sin.

Imagine a Christian asking if it is sin to sit at the back in worship gathering? What do you think it's going on in the mind of such? In deed, the mind needs to be renewed to RECKON with the finished work of Christ.
Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by kingk(m): 4:37pm On Oct 02, 2013
Alwaystrue:

We are still saying the same thing. 'For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath beforehand ordained, that we should walk in them'. God had already preordained that we walk in Him.

Philipians 2:12
Dear friends, you always followed my instructions when I was with you. And now that I am away, it is even more important. Work hard to show the results of your salvation, obeying God with deep reverence and fear

You can read other translations.

Add: You are not working FOR it, you are working IN it.

Thank you bro, that's a nice statement WORKING IN salvation not WORKING for salvation... The Amplified bible says,

"Philippians 2 vs 12  Therefore, my dear ones, as you have always obeyed [my suggestions], so now, not only [with the enthusiasm you would show] in my presence but much more because I am absent, work out (cultivate, carry out to the goal, and fully complete) your own salvation with reverence and awe and trembling (self-distrust, with serious caution, tenderness of conscience, watchfulness against temptation, timidly shrinking from whatever might offend God and discredit the name of Christ).

Contemporary English Version put it this way and I love it, Philippian 2 vs 12 My dear friends, you always obeyed when I was with you. Now that I am away, you should obey even more. So work with fear and trembling to discover what it really means to be saved.
Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by Alwaystrue(f): 4:40pm On Oct 02, 2013
^^^^^^^^
cheesy Nice. KJV shows it as 'work out your salvation' that is why I used that then.

And I am female.

Thanks.
Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by Infomaz(m): 4:44pm On Oct 02, 2013
shdemidemi:

Hmmm bro, are you under the law as a Christian?

If no how could you transgress the law!

If yes, please show us where God gave us(Christians) the commandments.

your question is an important one. But what does it really mean to be "Under the Law" or "Under Grace" Permit be to reproduce one of my writeup in my face-book notes, to answer your question.

God's Grace, Law and Our Salvation.
There are two extremes (that are misleading, wrong and injurious to our salvation) that we need to guard against when it comes to the relationship between God's Grace, Law and our Salvation.
• The first is that because we are saved by Grace, we no longer need to obey the law or that the 10 commandments have been nailed to the cross.
• The second is that we are saved by law.

Note: By law, I mean the 10 commandments of God.

God's Grace is unmerited Favour, Mercy and Power in our lives so that we can be saved. (For the grace of God that brings SALVATION hath appeared to all men –Titus 2:11) It brings forgiveness, justification, and sanctification.(To make holy) Through the Holy Spirit and His Word, we are cleansed and empowered to live above or overcome sin. In other words, as children of God, we have the power to live obediently or righteously. Three times Paul in Romans debunked the idea that Grace nullifies or exempt us from obedience. (See Rom 3:31, 6:1 and 6:15)

The second extreme but wrong view is that we are saved by the law. Jesus is our Saviour, and we are saved by grace through faith in Him. The law like a mirror only reveals and points out our stains (sins) but cannot remove it. This is where Grace comes in. Through the Power of the Holy Spirit, it first forgives our sins, credit the righteousness of Jesus for us, then cleanse, sanctify and empower us to live above sin (making us more and more like Jesus) so that when we stand before the mirror (law) in judgment, we are stainless. All this is accomplished by grace through faith in Jesus through the instrumentality of the Holy Spirit

The following summarizes the Bible view of the above .

1. The just shall live by faith. (Hab 2:4, Rom 1:7)
2. We are saved by Grace through Faith in Jesus Christ (Eph 2:8-9, Rom 3:24)
3. Our efforts to keep the law by our own strength or as a means of earning salvation is impossible and futile. (Rom 8:7-8, John 15:5)
4. Jesus and not the law is our Saviour. (Matt 1:21, Titus 1:4)
5. Grace does not nullify or exempt us from obedience to the law. It is not a license to break the law - i.e steal, commit adultery, take the name of the Lord in vain, etc.(Rom 6:1,14-15, Roman 3:31)
6. Faith also does not nullify the law nor exempt us from obedience.(Rom 3:31)
7. Faith without works (Actions, obedience or evidence) is dead. Genuine faith is reveal by action. (James 2:14-26)
8. A transformed, Spirit-filled, born again life bear fruits of obedience to God's law. In other words, obedience to the law is the 'fruitage' or result of a genuine, loving-faith based relationship with God. (Rom 8:4, John 15:10, I John 5:2-3, Rev 12:17, Rev 22:14, etc) it is a testament to the power of the Holy Spirit.
9. The Law of God also known as the law of liberty is the standard for judgment. (Eccl 12:13-14, James 2:12)
10. The Law of God, whose underlying principle is LOVE, is an expression of God's will and character. In other words, just as God is Just, Perfect, Unchangeable and Eternal, so also is His Law. (Ps 19:7, 111:7-8, Rom 7:12, Matt 5:17, etc)
11. The lives of those who will be saved will be characterise by obedience to God's law through the power of the Holy Spirit. (Rev 12:17, 22:14)
To be under the law, means to look to the law as our Saviour instead of Jesus. It means to continue in sin and thus come under its condemnation, which is death. (The wages of sin is death.) . It means to walk in the flesh (and thus exhibits all the works of the flesh) To be under the law, means to try and achieve salvation by works. It is self righteousness.
To be under Grace, means to avail ourselves of God’s mercy by repenting and forsaking our sins. It means by faith, we believe in the atoning sacrifice of Jesus on our behalf. Above all, it means to avail ourselves of the POWER of the Holy Spirit to gain the victory of SIN. To be under grace means to live righteously or obediently and thus above sin. May our lives testify of the POWER of GOD to SAVE us from SIN in Jesus name. So yes, I am under GRACE!
Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by Goshen360(m): 4:47pm On Oct 02, 2013
Bidam: Lol,all because i believed in tithes.olboy stick to your revelations let me stick to mine.Point of correction i am not a law keeper.You are actually going way offline here. I do things as instructed by the Holy Ghost.You are also derailing the OP.

Not only because you believe in tithe but also you are dishonest. On this thread, you praised and embraced revelation shared by Ayoku777 because, you can gain from it, selling it to your tithe customers and use it to cajole them, you didn't embrace that revelation because you appreciate it as God's truth hidden in the law. You will embrace one and discard the other because it affects your oil source. Let same Ayoku777 teach on tithe, you will say oh, nooooo, it was before the law and eternal principle as if tithe is God or don't you know the meaning of 'eternal'?

Since, you been studying the law, how come you haven't shared kind of revelation like that of Ayoku? You application of the law is, you teaching it as a means of perfection to Christian and that's why I often challenge that your teaching. I do not say all the above to discredit you as a brother in Christ but to call you to order. One day, you will remember and perhaps thank me for this advice when you become a great teacher in the body of Christ and the advice is, stop studying NT with the lens of the OT but rather, start studying the OT WITH THE LENS AND REVELATIONS OF THE FINISHED WORKS. PUT ON THE WHOLE ARMOUR OF GOD AND GO BACK TO STUDY THE OT, YOUR TEACHINGS AND CHRISTIAN LIFE WILL CHANGE.

Thank you!!!

1 Like

Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by Reference(m): 4:49pm On Oct 02, 2013

Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by Infomaz(m): 4:53pm On Oct 02, 2013
shdemidemi:

Hmmm bro, are you under the law as a Christian?

If no how could you transgress the law!

If yes, please show us where God gave us(Christians) the commandments.

your question is an important one. But what does it really mean to be "Under the Law" or "Under Grace" Permit be to reproduce one of my writeup in my face-book notes, to answer your question.

There are two extremes (that are misleading, wrong and injurious to our salvation) that we need to guard against when it comes to the relationship between God's Grace, Law and our Salvation.
• The first is that because we are saved by Grace, we no longer need to obey the law or that the 10 commandments have been nailed to the cross.

God's Grace is unmerited Favour, Mercy and Power in our lives so that we can be saved. (For the grace of God that brings SALVATION hath appeared to all men –Titus 2:11) It brings forgiveness, justification, and sanctification.(To make holy) Through the Holy Spirit and His Word, we are cleansed and empowered to live above or overcome sin. In other words, as children of God, we have the power to live obediently or righteously. Three times Paul in Romans debunked the idea that Grace nullifies or exempt us from obedience. (See Rom 3:31, 6:1 and 6:15)

The second extreme but wrong view is that we are saved by the law. Jesus is our Saviour, and we are saved by grace through faith in Him. The law like a mirror only reveals and points out our stains (sins) but cannot remove it. This is where Grace comes in. Through the Power of the Holy Spirit, it first forgives our sins, credit the righteousness of Jesus for us, then cleanse, sanctify and empower us to live above sin (making us more and more like Jesus) so that when we stand before the mirror (law) in judgment, we are stainless. All this is accomplished by grace through faith in Jesus through the instrumentality of the Holy Spirit

3. Our efforts to keep the law by our own strength or as a means of earning salvation is impossible and futile. (Rom 8:7-8, John 15:5)
5. Grace does not nullify or exempt us from obedience to the law. It is not a license to break the law - i.e steal, commit adultery, take the name of the Lord in vain, etc.(Rom 6:1,14-15, Roman 3:31)
7. Faith without works (Actions, obedience or evidence) is dead. Genuine faith is reveal by action. (James 2:14-26)
8. A transformed, Spirit-filled, born again life bear fruits of obedience to God's law. In other words, obedience to the law is the 'fruitage' or result of a genuine, loving-faith based relationship with God. (Rom 8:4, John 15:10, I John 5:2-3, Rev 12:17, Rev 22:14, etc) it is a testament to the power of the Holy Spirit.
9. The Law of God also known as the law of liberty is the standard for judgment. (Eccl 12:13-14, James 2:12)
10. The Law of God, whose underlying principle is LOVE, is an expression of God's will and character. In other words, just as God is Just, Perfect, Unchangeable and Eternal, so also is His Law. (Ps 19:7, 111:7-8, Rom 7:12, Matt 5:17, etc)
11. The lives of those who will be saved will be characterise by obedience to God's law through the power of the Holy Spirit. (Rev 12:17, 22:14)
To be under the law, means to look to the law as our Saviour instead of Jesus. It means to continue in sin and thus come under its condemnation, which is death. (The wages of sin is death.) . It means to walk in the flesh (and thus exhibits all the works of the flesh) To be under the law, means to try and achieve salvation by works. It is self righteousness.
To be under Grace, means to avail ourselves of God’s mercy by repenting and forsaking our sins. It means by faith, we believe in the atoning sacrifice of Jesus on our behalf. Above all, it means to avail ourselves of the POWER of the Holy Spirit to gain the victory of SIN. To be under grace means to live righteously or obediently and thus above sin. May our lives testify of the POWER of GOD to SAVE us from SIN in Jesus name. So yes, I am under GRACE!
Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by MostHigh: 4:59pm On Oct 02, 2013
shdemidemi:

What Paul did or did not do is not a standard for us. I have read your arguments about how Paul took part in the the Jewish order. Of course you have a point but the man made it clear that he did all he did to win some even among his brethren and his countrymen according to the flesh.

The word of God remains the only sure word of prophecy. The word says our righteousness as Christians is not measured by the deeds of the law but through Christ.

Ok.....

Seeing that you confess paul as not being the standard I have to ask another question.

What about yashua Ibn joseph, is HIS LIFE A STANDARD that we should follow?
Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by MrPresident1: 5:39pm On Oct 02, 2013
Reyginus: More of what I dislike. My point simply is, multiple verses cannot convince any one of you. A verse or a chapter is enough.

I concur. Multiplying words could make the study tedious. See many people forming Bible Scholar undecided

Ecclesiastes 12:11-12
11 The words of the wise are as goads, and as nails fastened by the masters of assemblies, which are given from one shepherd.

12 And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh.
Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by Ubenedictus(m): 7:01pm On Oct 02, 2013
obadiah777: i knew this gaddem heathen Goshen would be in this thread. anyone mentions grace and his ear stands up like a rabbit grin
The thread just got interesting.
How is life as a mod?

1 Like

Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by Ubenedictus(m): 7:09pm On Oct 02, 2013
christemmbassey: @T-girl, do u know dat d gospel is nt for christians?
really? Are you for real?
Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by Nobody: 7:52pm On Oct 02, 2013
Goshen360:
One day, you will remember and perhaps thank me for this advice when you become a great teacher in the body of Christ
You see how you re filled with pride abi? That's why Ayoku is poles apart from you because your post always reeks of pride and ego..It is not the number of years that you've been in the faith that matters but actually the quality of time you've spent with the Lord.Your other post are not worth replying because they are full of errors and misconception about me.Thanks.

1 Like

Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by nrdgeek: 8:04pm On Oct 02, 2013
I think we might do well to note that Paul was an apostle dedicated mostly to the Gentiles.
Peter, on the other hand was an apostle devoted mainly to the Jews.
The Jews are the original chosen people of God. God's covenant with them was in a written form: the laws or the Torah.

Jesus, as the Christ (Jewish messiah), preached salvation in his time, mostly to the Jews. He was rejected as the messiah and crucified.
After he died and rose, he gave his disciples the great commision: to go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. This heralded the period of grace.

In Daniels 70 weeks prophecy, there is a gap unaccounted for between the 69th week and the 70th week. This gap is known as the "times of the Gentiles" or the "week of grace" or the "dispensation of the church".

We as gentiles were not originally reckoned with in God's program. The dispensation of the church is to extend God's love to all men that they might be saved.

After Jesus' resurrection, as gentiles began to become converted, there was a huge dispute as to whether they were to observe the Laws of Moses and whether they needed to be circumcised.
Paul rebuked Peter openly in Antioch for separating himself from gentiles in the presence of Jewish Church elders, that after he had earlier communed with them. (Galatians 2 and Chapter 3)

The whole essence of Paul's teaching on grace and faith is simply to combat the false doctrine from false brethren requesting gentiles to be circumcised in accordance with the Torah.

Galatians 2:
16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

... 20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

2 Likes

Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by shdemidemi(m): 8:33pm On Oct 02, 2013
MostHigh:

Ok.....

Seeing that you confess paul as not being the standard I have to ask another question.

What about yashua Ibn joseph, is HIS LIFE A STANDARD that we should follow?

We don't know Jesus in the flesh anymore, we can't do the works he did. The difference between Jesus and every other man is that Jesus had no sin nature. The only standard is to believe the gospel of Christ, by doing this we are led by God himself through the help of the Holy Spirit.
Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by Deschil: 9:18pm On Oct 02, 2013
How about Job and Enoch Dem get 2 heads
MostHigh:

There is no way a man living in sin can be said to be rightouse.

Thats just plain silly talk.
Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by MostHigh: 9:46pm On Oct 02, 2013
shdemidemi:

We don't know Jesus in the flesh anymore, we can't do the works he did. The difference between Jesus and every other man is that Jesus had no sin nature. The only standard is to believe the gospel of Christ, by doing this we are led by God himself through the help of the Holy Spirit.

Can you back up the bolded in your response with scripture

Or is this your personal opinion. smiley
Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by MostHigh: 9:48pm On Oct 02, 2013
Deschil: How about Job and Enoch Dem get 2 heads

In case you are not aware...

Living in sin would mean repeatedly committing the same offense without any remorse or sense of wrongdoing.smiley

Now nowhere do we see Job or Enoch live such a life.

You on the other hand we are not so sure.smiley
Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by Ubenedictus(m): 9:49pm On Oct 02, 2013
Infomaz:

amen!
Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by debosky(m): 10:10pm On Oct 02, 2013
Tgirl4real:

Deboskyyyy!!!! grin

Glad to see you here. I was wondering if you would not grace this thread. tongue

Ermm...my brother, I get your point and we all needed it at one point or the other and it still sustains us (by the word of God in us), but all these "make me fell good messages" is not what we need now. This is the end-time bro.

Ephesians 6:

10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. 11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age,[c] against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. 13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

14 Stand therefore...

It's call to duty my brother. Who doesn't want to hear the good news of grace that saved us and sleep there cheesy..., but we need to move from there and live the life we have been called to.

Matthew 5:16
New King James Version (NKJV)
16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.

Madame, end time or not, there is a specific message for each believer which is dependent on their maturity in Christ. For some, reminding them even if they fall, Christ is not powerless to forgive or restore them is the appropriate for them at the early stage of their faith. Not that message alone, but also the message that they need to grow in grace.

The walk of faith is progressive - in the Church there are children, the young and the mature. While the gospel as a whole is the same, the emphasis is dependent on maturity of the believer.

Clearly, if you should be mature by now but are still behaving like a child, you need to grow in grace and not remain in that 'feel good zone' indefinitely - I think this is what you're trying to say.

1 John 2

12 I am writing to you who are God’s children because your sins have been forgiven through Jesus. (the 'feel good' message for Children)
13 I am writing to you who are mature in the faith because you know Christ, who existed from the beginning. (those who have known Christ by becoming his disciples and following his teachings)
I am writing to you who are young in the faith because you have won your battle with the evil one. (those who have largely overcome temptation of rising and falling and are now ready to move into real discipleship)
14 I have written to you who are God’s children because you know the Father. (again, those who have known the Father's forgiveness)
I have written to you who are mature in the faith because you know Christ, who existed from the beginning. (the ones that have gone deep into Christ into discipleship)
I have written to you who are young in the faith because you are strong. God’s word lives in your hearts, and you have won your battle with the evil one. (they now know the difference between good and evil and are ready to go on to maturity)

Recognise what stage you are at, don't lose hope and press forward to the next stage. No one should remain stagnant - children should grow into young ones in the faith and then to maturity. The message is Grow in Grace!

2 Likes

Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by Goshen360(m): 10:34pm On Oct 02, 2013
Alwaystrue:

And that is why we spoke of righteous requirement of the law....the law in our hearts. The Pharisees thought Jesus had broken the law of Sabbath, what they did not realise and many do not realise is that is a deep law. Jesus said all the law is summed up in love. How can keeping the Sabbath be a law of love? Lol.
If we check our bibles well and study it with eyes of the spirit, we will see why Jesus actually did not break that law at all and how it actually relates to love.

You're alwaysLIAR!!! Did the Apostles teach righteousness of the law to the church? When the law was written, was it written in their heart of the children of Israel or on stone? The same law that was ministry of death and condemnation? And who told you Jesus did not break the law? Christ broke the Law BUT SCRIPTURE SAY HE DID NOT SIN. Keep deceiving yourself. You are on your own but we will keep refuting you when you make such statement above.

1 Like

Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by Goshen360(m): 10:39pm On Oct 02, 2013
Bidam: You see how you re filled with pride abi? That's why Ayoku is poles apart from you because your post always reeks of pride and ego..It is not the number of years that you've been in the faith that matters but actually the quality of time you've spent with the Lord.Your other post are not worth replying because they are full of errors and misconception about me.Thanks.

Don't worry. The Spirit of the Lord will help you and me too. Go and pray about my advice. I still love you as my brother. I will never dislike you because we are brethren but allow the Spirit to speak to you when another brother gives a godly advice. Again, I don't mean to discredit you, we all function as different parts but one body.
Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by Nobody: 10:45pm On Oct 02, 2013
Ubenedictus: The thread just got interesting.
How is life as a mod?
Ubenedictus my ogapatapata whats good with you ? you are scarcer than a two dollar bill. trust all is well with you chief. how is the mod job ? tis aiitttt. same ol same ol. petulant folks throwing a hissy fit any chance they get. grin
Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by brilapluz(m): 10:49pm On Oct 02, 2013
mbulela:
No where have i said that balance is not needed.
It is the lack of balance that makes the message i spoke above needful.
No true believer in Christ will go on sinning and be comfortable in it. It is impossible.
However,sinning does not negate God's love for his Children. Infact the knowledge of that love will drive you far from sin.
God does not love you any better because you do not fornicate or lie.He has loved you with an everlasting love,it is that scandalous and prodigal. But if you know God's love you will want to kill yourself with guilt even before God's wrath comes to you (If you feel comfortable in sin,they you have lost it).
In summary, God's love keeps me from sinning. Not a fear of judgement. If what makes you not sin is a fear of hell,then you are still on a very long thing.
@bolded,SUPERB!!!!

1 Like

Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by shdemidemi(m): 10:55pm On Oct 02, 2013
MostHigh:

Can you back up the bolded in your response with scripture

Or is this your personal opinion. smiley

The best way I can back that up is by saying Christ did not come as flesh or a mere mortal but he came like one of us, like sinful flesh. He came pure without the gene of Adam. He could not sin because he was pure but every human carry the sinful nature inherited through Adam. I do not have a righteousness of my own, I cannot present any righteousness before God because its all like filthy rag before him but by the blood of Christ, I am hid under his righteousness. God now works in me both to will and do of His (God's)good pleasure if I truly have His Spirit in me.

2 Likes

Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by Ubenedictus(m): 11:03pm On Oct 02, 2013
obadiah777: Ubenedictus my ogapatapata whats good with you ? you are scarcer than a two dollar bill. trust all is well with you chief. how is the mod job ? tis aiitttt. same ol same ol. petulant folks throwing a hissy fit any chance they get. grin
i'm fine man! I've been busy, there is a big world out there.
It seem you're doing well
weldone.
Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by MostHigh: 9:49am On Oct 03, 2013
shdemidemi:

The best way I can back that up is by saying Christ did not come as flesh or a mere mortal but he came like one of us, like sinful flesh. He came pure without the gene of Adam. He could not sin because he was pure but every human carry the sinful nature inherited through Adam. I do not have a righteousness of my own, I cannot present any righteousness before God because its all like filthy rag before him but by the blood of Christ, I am hid under his righteousness. God now works in me both to will and do of His (God's)good pleasure if I truly have His Spirit in me.

So in other words there is no need to copy your masters examplary life.smiley

Even though he specifically asked you to..

In Math 16:24 the master specifically insrtucts the desciple to deny himself and follow his way of life

Meanwhile shdemidemi says the masters way is unatainable due to his genetic supiriority grin grin Whatever that is.

shdemidemi you are taching the doctrine of the deciever.

You have been warned. smiley

And the bolded in your statement is purely your opinion without any scriptural backing

Also the Issue here is that christ chose not to sin.

It is not that he could not sin.

Every soul has the choice to make.

It will always be about 2 men 2 ways 2 destinies, there is no middle ground with the most high God. smiley

1 Like

Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by Alwaystrue(f): 9:50am On Oct 03, 2013
@Reference,
You seem to have duplicated your post to me. Please check that I have responded. Another scripture to add is that the work of the Holy Spirit apart from guiding us in all truth of the word of God, is also to remind us of what Jesus said as well.

John 14:26
But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Ephesians 5:1
Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children;

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

You Can Never Miss Heaven If You Understand These Three Simple Facts. / What Practice Do You Hate In A Particular Church? / Some Muslims Will Make Heaven While Some Christians Will Not.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.