Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,334 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:03 PM

The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach (24099 Views)

Be Strong In The Grace That’s In Christ Jesus / Pastor Adeboye Warns Members About Sister Linda's Message Of Hell / Bombshell:(pt2) How Paul Distorted Christianity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by shdemidemi(m): 12:06pm On Oct 04, 2013
MostHigh:

After belief did Abraham not do as well.

The 'do' Abraham did was not what was accounted to him as righteousness rather It was his belief. Similarly, what do I get for believing the gospel of Christ? The Spirit of God.

What does the Spirit do in me? He makes me will, do and choose for God.
Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by Nobody: 12:10pm On Oct 04, 2013
shdemidemi:

The scripture never said God went into a covenant with the church so I won't assume we are in any covenant,
The scripture actually said we have a new covenant which is more superior than the old one.Where were you when me and Gosh dey discuss this one.

Heb8:8 For he finds fault with them when he says: “Behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will establish a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah, 9 not like the covenant that I made with their fathers on the day when I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt. For they did not continue in my covenant, and so I showed no concern for them, declares the Lord. 10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the Lord: I will put my laws into their minds, and write them on their hearts, and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. 11 And they shall not teach, each one his neighbor and each one his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest. 12 For I will be merciful toward their iniquities, and I will remember their sins no more.” (ESV)
Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by shdemidemi(m): 12:19pm On Oct 04, 2013
Bidam: The scripture actually said we have a new covenant which is more superior than the old one.Where were you when me and Gosh dey discuss this one.

Heb8:8 For he finds fault with them when he says: “Behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will establish a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah, 9 not like the covenant that I made with their fathers on the day when I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt. For they did not continue in my covenant, and so I showed no concern for them, declares the Lord. 10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the Lord: I will put my laws into their minds, and write them on their hearts, and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. 11 And they shall not teach, each one his neighbor and each one his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest.[12 For I will be merciful toward their iniquities, and I will remember their sins no more.” (ESV)

Bro it says with the house of Israel. The book of Hebrews was written to the Hebrews who had issues accepting this gospel of Jesus Christ over the Jewish order.

Heb8:8 For he finds fault with them when he says: “Behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will establish a new covenant with the house of Israel(not the church) and with the house of Judah
Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by MostHigh: 12:24pm On Oct 04, 2013
shdemidemi:

The 'do' Abraham did was not what was accounted to him as righteousness rather It was his belief. Similarly, what do I get for believing the gospel of Christ? The Spirit of God.

What does the Spirit do in me? He makes me will, do and choose for God.

But it is still written that he did.

Are you angry because he did?

We say paul did you say he is a pretender

We say yashua did you say yashua is an Alien

We say all the aposltes did you say they dont know wetin den dey do.

It has been written of you that you did not, and even worse you actively discourage people who try to dosmiley

You and the little horn are one. grin Ever trying so hard to change the traditions and customs of the most high God.
Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by MostHigh: 12:26pm On Oct 04, 2013
shdemidemi:

Bro it says with the house of Israel. The book of Hebrews was written to the Hebrews who had issues accepting this gospel of Jesus Christ over the Jewish order.

Heb8:8 For he finds fault with them when he says: “Behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will establish[b] a new covenant with the house of Israel[/b] (not the church) and with the house of Judah

Apart from Isreal there is no other

Your Idea of a christopagan nation inheriting the kingdom is pure fancy. grin

vain Imaginations.smiley

Aspire to be an isrealite, to be amongst the elect.
Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by MostHigh: 12:29pm On Oct 04, 2013
shdemidemi: The fact here is there is no law written for the church, the bedrock of our relationship with God is BELIEF. God did not enter into any covenant whatsoever with the church like He did with the Jews through their father Abraham(in the flesh). He gave the church a gift of salvation through His Spirit with the caveat being 'belief',We walk as we are led by the Spirit of God. SIMPLES

If you have a verse that says God commands the church to do or not do to be saved, please do not hesitate to show us. And please don't bother going to the book of revelation because that book represents the age of works. They won't have the Holy Spirit at those times and there won't be Grace. God would cut a new covenant with the nation of Israel after the church as we know it have left the world through rapture.

grin grin

I know even you in your deepest of deep you dont believe what you are saying.

Did yashua tell you all you need is belief?

Why are you trying to be smarter than your master?
Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by shdemidemi(m): 12:30pm On Oct 04, 2013
You are right that he did what was asked of him, I am also doing what is asked of me.

I think where we have an issue is this law of Moses. Abraham was not under any mosaic law at the time, the church is also not under that law. If you think the church is under the law of Moses, please show us through scriptures.
Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by shdemidemi(m): 12:37pm On Oct 04, 2013
MostHigh:

grin grin

I know even you in your deepest of deep you dont believe what you are saying.

Did yashua tell you all you need is belief?

Why are you trying to be smarter than your master?

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

John 6:47

Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me has everlasting life.

Romans 3:22
even the righteousness of God, through faith in Jesus Christ, to all and on all who believe. For there is no difference;

There are many more if you want. Bro, we can't and we shouldn't add to the word of God. If the word says believe, why don't we live it as that!
Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by Nobody: 12:39pm On Oct 04, 2013
shdemidemi:

Heb8:8 For he finds fault with them when he says: “Behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will establish a new covenant with the house of Israel(not the church) and with the house of Judah

Which house did the messiah came from?Gentiles were the wild olive branch engrafted into the common-wealth of Israel because of the promise.

Galatians 3:15-17

Amplified Bible (AMP)

15 To speak in terms of human relations, brethren, [if] even a man makes a last will and testament (a merely human covenant), no one sets it aside or makes it void or adds to it when once it has been drawn up and signed (ratified, confirmed).

16 Now the promises (covenants, agreements) were decreed and made to Abraham and his Seed (his Offspring, his Heir). He [God] does not say, And to seeds (descendants, heirs), as if referring to many persons, but, And to your Seed (your Descendant, your Heir), obviously referring to one individual, Who is [none other than] Christ (the Messiah).

17 This is my argument: The Law, which began 430 years after the covenant [concerning the coming Messiah], does not and cannot annul the covenant previously established (ratified) by God, so as to abolish the promise and make it void.
Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by MostHigh: 12:55pm On Oct 04, 2013
shdemidemi:

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

John 6:47

Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me has everlasting life.

Romans 3:22
even the righteousness of God, through faith in Jesus Christ, to all and on all who believe. For there is no difference;

There are many more if you want. Bro, we can't and we shouldn't add to the word of God. If the word says believe, why don't we live it as that!

Belive in him without any action. I hear you.smiley

Believe in him but dont do what he did, now thats even more crazy talk.grin grin
Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by MostHigh: 12:56pm On Oct 04, 2013
shdemidemi: You are right that he did what was asked of him, I am also doing what is asked of me.

I think where we have an issue is this law of Moses. Abraham was not under any mosaic law at the time, the church is also not under that law. If you think the church is under the law of Moses, please show us through scriptures.

I dont think you are. You were asked to cary a cross and follow in his exact footsteps, but that is too hard for you to do.smiley

You would rather do what he said, even though what he is said is what he did as is testified by scripture

And you are saying the church is now without moral codes? I hear you

LWKP

grin
Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by shdemidemi(m): 12:57pm On Oct 04, 2013
Romans 9-12 explains who the true Israel is.

The twist there is that the church is the son of promise and the earthly Israel are the sons of the bond woman. The promise was not for the nation of Israel but for a seed which is Christ. For the earthly Israel to be beneficiaries of the promise, they need to come into the faith through Christ just like Gentiles.
Romans 3
Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. 20 Therefore by the deeds of the law no flesh will be justified in His sight, for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

21 But now the righteousness of God apart from the law is revealed, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets, 22 even the righteousness of God, through faith in Jesus Christ, to all and on all[h] who believe. For there is no difference; 23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, 25 whom God set forth as a propitiation by His blood, through faith, to demonstrate His righteousness, because in His forbearance God had passed over the sins that were previously committed, 26 to demonstrate at the present time His righteousness, that He might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.
Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by MostHigh: 1:00pm On Oct 04, 2013
shdemidemi: Romans 9-12 explains who the true Israel is.

The twist there is that the church is the son of promise and the earthly Israel are the sons of the bond woman. The promise was not for the nation of Israel but for a seed which is Christ. For the earthly Israel to be beneficiaries of the promise, they need to come into the faith through Christ just like Gentiles.
Romans 3

So the prophets including yashua and all the apostles do not know what they are saying when they prophecy that isreal shall reign in the kingdom age.

Joker.:
Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by MostHigh: 1:01pm On Oct 04, 2013
Bidam: Which house did the messiah came from?Gentiles were the wild olive branch engrafted into the common-wealth of Israel because of the promise.

Amplified Bible (AMP)

15 To speak in terms of human relations, brethren, [if] even a man makes a last will and testament (a merely human covenant), no one sets it aside or makes it void or adds to it when once it has been drawn up and signed (ratified, confirmed).

16 Now the promises (covenants, agreements) were decreed and made to Abraham and his Seed (his Offspring, his Heir). He [God] does not say, And to seeds (descendants, heirs), as if referring to many persons, but, And to your Seed (your Descendant, your Heir), obviously referring to one individual, Who is [none other than] Christ (the Messiah).

17 This is my argument: The Law, which began 430 years after the covenant [concerning the coming Messiah], does not and cannot annul the covenant previously established (ratified) by God, so as to abolish the promise and make it void.

The man is negating all promises made to isreal and is replacing her with his own prophetic kingdom grin
Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by shdemidemi(m): 1:06pm On Oct 04, 2013
MostHigh:

So the church is now without moral codes? I hear you

LWKP

grin

That is what the world have so missed. The Sadducees and the Pharisees also missed it, they thought it was about morals, Jesus was constantly knocking them because He knew better. He knew no one is good except Him. Even the emergent churches today also go out to pick morals in the scripture.

Is the faith really about morals? No.

A Muslim or a Hindu believer can be morally upright than a saint. But that is not the issue, the issue and the faith is about what God can do if we put our trust in him. As far as God is concerned, we are all bad, we are all his enemies, no morality can change that. The good news is that even as bad as we are God is drawing us to himself through Jesus, if we believe.
Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by shdemidemi(m): 1:14pm On Oct 04, 2013
MostHigh:

So the prophets including yashua and all the apostles do not know what they are saying when they prophecy that isreal shall reign in the kingdom age.

Joker.:

Israel!!!

We have the earthly Israel and the spiritual Israel.

The bible records that only 144 000 (12000 from each tribe) of the earthly Israel shall be saved. As for the spiritual Israel (Israel. Meaning conquer with the strength of God) we would be caught up with Christ before the great tribulation.
Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by Tgirl4real(f): 1:17pm On Oct 04, 2013
shdemidemi:

Epic Fail!

I knew this is what your response gonna be. I just knew it. grin
Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by Tgirl4real(f): 1:20pm On Oct 04, 2013
Bidam: Which house did the messiah came from?Gentiles were the wild olive branch engrafted into the common-wealth of Israel because of the promise.

Amplified Bible (AMP)

God bless you for your comment up there. grin

1 Like

Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by Tgirl4real(f): 1:24pm On Oct 04, 2013
shdemidemi:

That is what the world have so missed. The Sadducees and the Pharisees also missed it, they thought it was about morals, Jesus was constantly knocking them because He knew better. He knew no one is good except Him. Even the emergent churches today also go out to pick morals in the scripture.

A Muslim or a Hindu believer can be morally upright than a saint. But that is not the issue, the issue and the faith is about what God can do if we put our trust in him. As far as God is concerned, we are all bad, we are all his enemies, no morality can change that. The good news is that even as bad as we are God is drawing us to himself through Jesus, if we believe.

SMH.

So, after you believe, what is the difference between you, the muslim and the hindu?

1 Like

Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by shdemidemi(m): 1:24pm On Oct 04, 2013
MostHigh:

Belive in him without any action. I hear you.smiley

Believe in him but dont do what he did, now thats even more crazy talk.grin grin

Present a rebuttal through scriptures bro. If not obey the stringent word and don't try to adulterate what was written.
Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by shdemidemi(m): 1:30pm On Oct 04, 2013
Tgirl4real:

SMH.

So, after you believe, what is the difference between you, the muslim and the hindu?

Sister, no point for the shake of head. I am not an authority, I cld be wrong as well. But, thus far I am only saying what the scripture says. As for what happens after I believe with all my heart- that is left to God to decide what He is willing to do with me. Believing in the first place isn't my doing, God said He is the one who calls, he is also the one who predestinate and glorify. If he has called me, I trust Him to make me do what is right in His sight through His Spirit that is deposited in me.
Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by MostHigh: 1:32pm On Oct 04, 2013
shdemidemi:

You are just getting better and better at this.smiley

Please just confirm once and for all for those of us viewing that you have no morals.smiley

Its not about morals? wonders no go end lfor nairaland.grin
Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by MostHigh: 1:35pm On Oct 04, 2013
shdemidemi:

Present a rebuttal through scriptures bro. If not obey the stringent word and don't try to adulterate what was written.

It is you that is the false pretender

I have put it before you, carry your cross and follow him

you have given a distorted interpretation of what follow means

I hope thats not what you are teaching your children

That to follow means to do as I say and not as I do whatever that means, only ever heard such jokes on nairaland

How do you plan to raise your kids without morals?

Joker. smiley
Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by shdemidemi(m): 1:40pm On Oct 04, 2013
MostHigh:

You are just getting better and better at this.smiley

Please just confirm once and for all for those of us viewing that you have no morals.smiley

Its not about morals? wonders no go end lfor nairaland.grin

Are we still talking the word of God or secular moral standards.

I am sure within your own moral philosophy, you would never send your son to die the way God let him die. The fact is God's standard is different from the world's standard.

The gospel (good news) is not about me or my morals but about what a good God did by letting His son die that I might live. I am not led by morals, I am led by the Spirit of God.
Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by MostHigh: 1:41pm On Oct 04, 2013
shdemidemi:

Israel!!!

We have the earthly Israel and the spiritual Israel.

The bible records that only 144 000 (12000 from each tribe) of the earthly Israel shall be saved. As for the spiritual Israel (Israel. Meaning conquer with the strength of God) we would be caught up with Christ before the great tribulation.

Is the spiritual shdemidemi different from the physical shdemidemi?

Joker. smiley

Can you have one without the other.

You are truly of the little horn.smiley

See as you dey tie yourself up with rope

You cannot sin hence you do not need to confess any wrongdoing and you dont need morals as morals cannot save you or your children. you are sounding very blind indeed, spiritually that is.smiley

Whatever is in the spirit is what manifests in the flesh

These your magician theories are old school and menat to decive the foolish

But I aint foolish though.smiley
Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by MostHigh: 1:43pm On Oct 04, 2013
shdemidemi:

Are we still talking the word of God or secular moral standards.

I am sure within your own moral philosophy, you would never send your son to die the way God let him die. The fact is God's standard is different from the world's standard.

The gospel (good news) is not about me or my morals but about what a good God did by letting His son die that I might live.

Didnt know there was a difference. smiley

But you know how you have a double standard for all things biblical.grin grin

Double vision I call it.

shdemidemi shdemidemi grin grin grin
Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by shdemidemi(m): 1:47pm On Oct 04, 2013
Tgirl4real:

Epic Fail!

I knew this is what your response gonna be. I just knew it. grin

I didn't add it there, it's right there in the scriptures.
Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by MostHigh: 1:48pm On Oct 04, 2013
shdemidemi:

Sister, no point for the shake of head. I am not an authority, I cld be wrong as well. But, thus far I am only saying what the scripture says. As for what happens after I believe with all my heart- that is left to God to decide what He is willing to do with me. Believing in the first place isn't my doing, God said He is the one who calls, he is also the one who predestinate and glorify. If he has called me, I trust Him to make me do what is right in His sight through His Spirit that is deposited in me.

Never knew that certain people existed on earth without a free will. grin grin grin

We should get you checked up

jokersmiley
Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by MrPresident1: 1:48pm On Oct 04, 2013
Christopagan balderdash everywhere angry angry angry
Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by shdemidemi(m): 1:49pm On Oct 04, 2013
MostHigh:

Didnt know there was a difference. smiley

But you know how you have a double standard for all things biblical.grin grin

Double vision I call it.

shdemidemi shdemidemi grin grin grin

To be honest, I have not inferred anything. If you look at the quotes, you will see these things.
Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by MostHigh: 1:52pm On Oct 04, 2013
shdemidemi:

To be honest, I have not inferred anything. If you look at the quotes, you will see these things.

Ok lets try this again....

What morals do you subscribe to if any at all at all?

smiley
Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by MostHigh: 1:53pm On Oct 04, 2013
Mr President: Christopagan balderdash everywhere angry angry angry

Yes Sire. smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Prophetess Rose Kelvin Feeds The Less Privileged (Video) / Mayan Apocalypse: Panic Spreads As December 21 Nears / Ex-PMAN President Tee Mac Apologises To Bishop Oyedepo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.