Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,477 members, 7,830,397 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

Are You Enjoying Your Marriage? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are You Enjoying Your Marriage? (23565 Views)

Oyibo Woman Enjoying Her Trip To Abakaliki With Her Hubby / 9 Tips For Keeping The Spark Alive In Your Marriage / Are You Enjoying Your Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You Enjoying Your Marriage? by LajaLaba: 3:54pm On Oct 10, 2013
karpentar:

Na by force?
so wetin u think i fit do?no be moinmoin
Re: Are You Enjoying Your Marriage? by babybusweet: 3:58pm On Oct 10, 2013
If am given d opportunity to marry again in my next life, I will gladly marry my husband again nd again. Although we have our ups nd downs, he's still d best and am very comfortable with him.
Re: Are You Enjoying Your Marriage? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Oct 10, 2013
okpara ugo:

so nah your girlfriend and she is afraid of marrying you...okay, she wins $1m on front page....

grin Badt man. grin Bro, she ain't my gf.. She's more or less an older sis to me..

Thanks man for the concern!
Re: Are You Enjoying Your Marriage? by Nobody: 4:02pm On Oct 10, 2013
Lilimax: I may consider other traits and qualities cheesy
What attracted me first to him is the fact that he is God fearing.
For your information,
He was not rich before I said 'I do' but he is hardworking smiley.
He was not living a luxury apartment before i married him
He does not have a luxury car

Thank God that today, the rest is history cheesy.

We are enjoying ourselves cool

after thought. handsome and rich. next!
Re: Are You Enjoying Your Marriage? by bebechuks: 4:05pm On Oct 10, 2013
bellong:

Why not start by reading and listening to good stories.... There are millions of successful marriages across the world, you only chose to listen to the bad ones.
We are what we listen to or attract. Change your perception, read good books, undertake a personal study of people who are in a successful and blissful union, then you will have good stories to share.

The creator of marriage knew we wouldn't be complete without it. Yes, it's one of the best gifts we can get from Him. Bad marriages are results of failures of the parties involved beginning from when they were still singles till they got married.

Between, you expect people to come here and tell you that their marriages are hell? Really!!!!!!
right
Re: Are You Enjoying Your Marriage? by Nobody: 4:06pm On Oct 10, 2013
@OP
URE RIGHT MARRIAGE IS OVERRATED
MANY PEOPLE WILL NEVER TELL U THE TRUTH
JUST THE SUNNY SIDE WHICH BECOMES RARE
AS U PROGRESS IN THE MARRIAGE
DONT LET ANY1 FOOL U

2 Likes

Re: Are You Enjoying Your Marriage? by Lilimax(f): 4:06pm On Oct 10, 2013
vitality22:
Wao, Madam, thats my sons name, lovely name. Happy birthday to him.
Thank you smiley.
Re: Are You Enjoying Your Marriage? by Lilimax(f): 4:07pm On Oct 10, 2013
okpara ugo:

after thought. handsome and rich. next!
Are you a learner?
Re: Are You Enjoying Your Marriage? by deeptesting(m): 4:13pm On Oct 10, 2013
Marriage is just like life...Sometimes life smiles at you and sometimes it is unfair, it all depends on how you handle it....There is no perfection in life...Just ensure that you choose your partner wisely and cautiously..
Re: Are You Enjoying Your Marriage? by dad007(m): 4:14pm On Oct 10, 2013
salt 1: I have a very beautiful but imperfect marriage!
I also have lovely but demanding children.

Good as the marriage is, I have my moments
Times when I wish I wasn't married! (when I am annoyed)
Times when I feel resentful of the children! (even though they are wonderful gifts)

But then I rally again and fall in love all over with my family! Until the next misunderstanding!

Instead of thinking of marriage as a destination where you arrive and live happily ever after, I think of mine as a journey that has the good, the bad and the ugly

But I CHOOSE to be happy in it. After all, it's for the long haul and I entered as a mature, consenting adult

The best comment so far.
Re: Are You Enjoying Your Marriage? by Nobody: 4:14pm On Oct 10, 2013
salt 1: I have a very beautiful but imperfect marriage!
I also have lovely but demanding children.

Good as the marriage is, I have my moments
Times when I wish I wasn't married! (when I am annoyed)
Times when I feel resentful of the children! (even though they are wonderful gifts)

But then I rally again and fall in love all over with my family! Until the next misunderstanding!

Instead of thinking of marriage as a destination where you arrive and live happily ever after, I think of mine as a journey that has the good, the bad and the ugly

But I CHOOSE to be happy in it. After all, it's for the long haul and I entered as a mature, consenting adult

So True.... i ve learnt to be guilty in every misunderstanding, and it works.....women sha undecided the more u understand their lectures, the more uneducated you are. grin
Re: Are You Enjoying Your Marriage? by subzidi: 4:14pm On Oct 10, 2013
socrateez: I've been married for twenty six years and I'm loving every day of it, not because its been a roller-coaster but the twists and turns have added to the adventure. Its unfortunate that many young people don't know what to look for in a partner in the first instance, so they are attracted to the cosmetic and the euphemeral and when the thrill of wedding dissipates, they are confronted with reality. This is why marital infidelity and divorce is so rampant. Marriage, when contracted by two people who choose to allow the Bible regulate their conduct at home and the larger society can be nothing but a taste of heavenly bliss. The way you build a house is the way a hoe is built, it 's not automatic neither can it be legislated.
With three lovely children, two of whom are graduates, I cannot ask for anything more from my marriage. If I had to live my life all over again, I would happily choose my wife.

@ Socratez: May God bless you Sir! This your post kind of echoes in my mind! I hope to come back 24 years later to say this!
I LOVE MY MAN AND ENJOYING EVERY BIT OF MY MARRIAGE warts and all wink Despite the ttc journey we are experiencing, it is as though God has used that to reveal himself to us and bring us even closer in so many ways indescribale. I will you chose him a million times over!
Marriage is SWEET when you make the right choice and for the right reason.....shallom
Re: Are You Enjoying Your Marriage? by veraobi: 4:22pm On Oct 10, 2013
For me, marriage is an institution of pretence. No man wuld want 2come back 2her wife if given a second chance
But have what bonds marriage most are children.
In our society today if sure not married people look at u in some ways.
Go get married is my advice. But have in mind its not always fun. Thats d bitter truth.

2 Likes

Re: Are You Enjoying Your Marriage? by Dannylux: 4:26pm On Oct 10, 2013
I must age properly before getting married. Period.
Re: Are You Enjoying Your Marriage? by Anniettieufia(m): 4:31pm On Oct 10, 2013
Any prize ?
Re: Are You Enjoying Your Marriage? by amunekeuto: 4:58pm On Oct 10, 2013
kofsy: I just feel like asking this question from married folks cos these days, marriage scares the hell out of me. From stories about infidelity, physical/emotional abuse to incompatibility and family issues. I'm starting to feel it doesn't worth it. That institution called marriage looks overrated to me.

If you are married and you are reading this, in sincerity, are you enjoying your marriage? Do you think you'd pick the same partner if given the chance to start over. Are there lessons you feel unmarried folks should learn from your experience?

many of the marriages working or surviving today exist because the couples have taken them as projects or biz partnerships or careers.unless u realize that u must make ur marriage work, u may never find happiness in marriage. love does not grow on trees or in vaccuo, set ur mind to it, give it all u 've got, be prayerful, be possitive and u will see the magic in marriage.
Re: Are You Enjoying Your Marriage? by vocalprince(m): 4:58pm On Oct 10, 2013
undecided as i never marry nko?
Re: Are You Enjoying Your Marriage? by eluquenson(m): 5:00pm On Oct 10, 2013
My simple advice for you @Op,
Do your checks & balances before you venture into it, some marriages scattered like a pack of card not well arranged, bt if you are yet to marry...you are missing cos living as a single is not worth it.
Marriage sweet die.... cheesy
Re: Are You Enjoying Your Marriage? by IYANGBALI: 5:07pm On Oct 10, 2013
Abeg if you are not,I am available for away games
Re: Are You Enjoying Your Marriage? by udopee(f): 5:07pm On Oct 10, 2013
It takes two to tangle. Any marriage that does not have its solid foundation in God is bound to crash bcus God is the perfect Builder. So a marriage can be heaven or hell depending on who you dedicate it to.. cool cool cool
Re: Are You Enjoying Your Marriage? by sambrow(m): 5:07pm On Oct 10, 2013
kofsy: I just feel like asking this question from married folks cos these days, marriage scares the hell out of me. From stories about infidelity, physical/emotional abuse to incompatibility and family issues. I'm starting to feel it doesn't worth it. That institution called marriage looks overrated to me.

If you are married and you are reading this, in sincerity, are you enjoying your marriage? Do you think you'd pick the same partner if given the chance to start over. Are there lessons you feel unmarried folks should learn from your experience?

My sister, no one will tell u xpecialy on a social media hw challenging his/her marriage is, we tend 2 fake d fact. But d fact is, it's challenging wen u re new in d system, buh wif time u learn hw 2 make it rosy. Although, everything depend on individual. U have 2 work it out. Takia
Re: Are You Enjoying Your Marriage? by dkingsman4real(m): 5:22pm On Oct 10, 2013
it is only in marriage that u can be unhappy yet u make progress. there is nothing to fear if you know the fact that , FOR EVERY BENEFIT, THERE IS A PRICE . marriage is what u make it to be. for me , am not all enjoying my marriage but am very very happy that I am married. it is not well all the time but it is well some time and am happy in both situation. that is marriage.

1 Like

Re: Are You Enjoying Your Marriage? by esanland: 5:23pm On Oct 10, 2013

Its not marriage that had fail its people that had fail. Selfishness is the bane of fail marriages.

Re: Are You Enjoying Your Marriage? by Toks2008(m): 5:29pm On Oct 10, 2013
Marriage is what you make of it, It is a union between two forgivers and not just lovers.
Re: Are You Enjoying Your Marriage? by authority2006(m): 5:33pm On Oct 10, 2013
My wife is actually my twin sister. Understanding and cooperation is just perfect. Thank God.
Re: Are You Enjoying Your Marriage? by Toks2008(m): 5:39pm On Oct 10, 2013
authority2006: My wife is actually my twin sister. Understanding and cooperation is just perfect. Thank God.

This use to be my story until she left in Febuary this year for her sisters place claiming she got disconnected and she needs time to sought herself out and all i can just think of is that she is carried away and why i believe this is because she was just 19 when i met her, made her a woman, married her when she was 25 and has been with me all these while then at 30 she left so i guess she is fantasizing about how it will be to be free and i cant do anything but to allow her space.

I cant accuse her of infidelity because i have no reasons to but as confused as i am, i still believe that marriage is worth it and is totally dependent on the party involved.
Re: Are You Enjoying Your Marriage? by cutetuntun(f): 5:39pm On Oct 10, 2013
Just passing by
Re: Are You Enjoying Your Marriage? by SamyPrince: 5:44pm On Oct 10, 2013
Am I married? Yes. Am I enjoying my marriage? Yes! Why? Because d gift of God will makes rich and add no sorrow. Marriage is like an early morning Akara you see at street & decide to have a taste. You MUST ask God to help u make d right choice. He will not give you wht u can't keep. But then, be aware that marriage is not a bed of roses,there must be challenges. Just as we atimes use our teeth to bite our Tongue, so also is marriage. Be a man!
You can never know the experience until you are married then you can write your own story.
Re: Are You Enjoying Your Marriage? by Sike(m): 5:47pm On Oct 10, 2013
No, cus i'm not yet married.
Re: Are You Enjoying Your Marriage? by Harrisibor(m): 5:48pm On Oct 10, 2013
hmmmm i will come back to post my comment

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Our Attitude Towards Teenage Pregnancy / Nigerian woman cries out for help after Swedish Govt. took her kids from her / Husband Sues Wife For Allegedly Getting Pregnant For Another Man Twice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.