Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,808 members, 7,813,662 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:51 PM

Stop Misinterpreting Our Kind Gestures - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Stop Misinterpreting Our Kind Gestures (2834 Views)

Gestures That Girlfriends Love. / Ladies What Romantic Gestures Would You Appreciate From Men / Guys What Romantic Gestures Would You Appreciate From Women? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop Misinterpreting Our Kind Gestures by Teenzy(f): 6:07pm On Oct 03, 2013
When u're being nice to a guy,very caring and smile when he talks, the next thing he does is to ask u out sooner or later thinking u have feelings for him....so many people av told me about their experiences and its really annoying...

3 Likes

Re: Stop Misinterpreting Our Kind Gestures by Gabrielsylar(m): 7:01pm On Oct 03, 2013
He asked u out because he wants to help u...so stop getting pissed @ nothing
Re: Stop Misinterpreting Our Kind Gestures by eph12(m): 7:10pm On Oct 03, 2013
Mschewww
Re: Stop Misinterpreting Our Kind Gestures by Teenzy(f): 7:22pm On Oct 03, 2013
Teenzy: When u're being nice to a guy,very caring and smile when he talks, the next thing he does is to ask u out sooner or later thinking u have feelings for him....so many people av told me about their experiences and its really annoying...
Gabriel_sylar: He asked u out because he wants to help u...so stop getting pissed @ nothing
.....Stop decieving urself ok
Re: Stop Misinterpreting Our Kind Gestures by lipsyliscious: 8:00pm On Oct 03, 2013
Teenzy: When u're being nice to a guy,very caring and smile when he talks, the next thing he does is to ask u out sooner or later thinking u have feelings for him....so many people av told me about their experiences and its really annoying...
tank u very much! because I smile a lot, guys will start to tink I'm tripping, meanwhile I'm just trying to show d nigga my nice dentition grin one even tried to kiss moi one day, he is currently on my 'forever to b snubbed list'. I'm just naturally a polite person, I had rather lie dat hurt feelings, so wen I'm all smiles dey tink I lyk dem, in my mind "Nigga I smile at everything n Everyone. smiling makes me happy!"
Re: Stop Misinterpreting Our Kind Gestures by dabrake(m): 10:22pm On Oct 03, 2013
Hey you @op, Give me back my 7 seconds.
Re: Stop Misinterpreting Our Kind Gestures by fulli16(m): 11:06pm On Oct 03, 2013
I support d ladies on dis 1

Buh leme ask...if ur kind gesturz meanz notin...den wat shld we interpret 4 "i want yhu"?
Re: Stop Misinterpreting Our Kind Gestures by Nobody: 11:13pm On Oct 03, 2013
Surely, a sensible man prefers a woman who is kind, caring, smiles.... Show him this complainant nature of yours and perhaps he'll back off undecided

2 Likes

Re: Stop Misinterpreting Our Kind Gestures by youngice(m): 12:37am On Oct 04, 2013
im a guy @op truth
u see guys mistake friendship for love and girls mistake love for friendship
Re: Stop Misinterpreting Our Kind Gestures by Nobody: 6:38am On Oct 04, 2013
The truth of the matter is that confusion knows no gender.
Re: Stop Misinterpreting Our Kind Gestures by IbroSaunks(m): 7:03am On Oct 04, 2013
So being asked out is offensive? Okay.
Re: Stop Misinterpreting Our Kind Gestures by kokoA(m): 7:06am On Oct 04, 2013
Keep forming "hard-to-get" while your mates are getting married every saturday.. Mtcheeeeww!

3 Likes

Re: Stop Misinterpreting Our Kind Gestures by Gabrielsylar(m): 7:57am On Oct 04, 2013
kokoA: Keep forming "hard-to-get" while your mates are getting married every saturday.. Mtcheeeeww!
don't mind d witch
Re: Stop Misinterpreting Our Kind Gestures by owolabifunke14(f): 8:11am On Oct 04, 2013
Very annoying,I wonder what guys really think we are. Smile for a guy now,the next minute he will telling his friends that you are dying for him,snub him now,he would turn it that you are feeling to big.
Re: Stop Misinterpreting Our Kind Gestures by dmcdad: 8:12am On Oct 04, 2013
If smiling at a guy makes him want you or something... and you don't wanna be wanted, just do the direct opposite of what made him think you are tripping. I think that solves the puzzle since its become a crime for a guy to take advantage of an opportunity. The painful thing is that, you girls are still the ones that will whine of a guy who fail to capitalise on such showings of yours and complain that he is just so insensitive.

The question now is: What would guys do in reacting to certain gestures of yours? The answer will vary from one guy to another and from one girl to another or even from one mood to another. Cause even with such complain you brought to the fore, there are times when you are pissed if a guy does that and there are other times when you want him to actually get the feel that you are into him. And even if it is offensive to you, there are definitely other girls out there that are waiting for guys to take cognizance of that and act accordingly. All in all, there is no need to whine about it.

Maybe you should even learn to not always give every guy in your way such privileges so as for em not to think otherwise.

6 Likes

Re: Stop Misinterpreting Our Kind Gestures by Slyder(m): 9:28am On Oct 04, 2013
Op let's hook up. Since you have no Bf. Am asking you out.
Re: Stop Misinterpreting Our Kind Gestures by Teenzy(f): 9:37am On Oct 04, 2013
Slyder: Op let's hook up. Since you have no Bf. Am asking you out.
.And who told u I don't have a Bf...Berra park well!
Re: Stop Misinterpreting Our Kind Gestures by Arsenate(m): 12:24pm On Oct 04, 2013
The op is just an arrogant ---. What's the crime in someone asking u out for god's sake? Just say no if u aint interested. You're probably young hence all the attention you seem to be getting. Few yrs from now you'd be begging for this attention.
Typical dumb arrogant Naija girl.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Misinterpreting Our Kind Gestures by lipsyliscious: 12:32pm On Oct 04, 2013
tpacalipse: The truth of the matter is that confusion knows no gender.
very true! BT still I don't c y wen a person is being polite some guys will just start seeing oda tinz. I'm polite to a fault, a bike man, a market seller, my course mates, everyone. I hate being snubbed so I tend not to snub or offend anyone, I'm always all smiles n ready to b nice because I hate to hurt pples feelings because I know how I get wen pple hurt mine. I guess I should just start sending out d ryt messages from d start so I don't hv to start regretting my being polite
Re: Stop Misinterpreting Our Kind Gestures by Nobody: 3:10pm On Oct 04, 2013
My guess is, dis OP shud nt be more than 23 years atmost. I knw dem frm their arrogance.
Re: Stop Misinterpreting Our Kind Gestures by Nobody: 7:23pm On Oct 04, 2013
Arsenate: The op is just an arrogant ---. What's the crime in someone asking u out for god's sake? Just say no if u aint interested. You're probably young hence all the attention you seem to be getting. Few yrs from now you'd be begging for this attention.
Typical dumb arrogant Naija girl.

so becos shes young,she should accept every toaster and snub the ones she doesnt fancy?

@ op,pls dont stop smiling and being nice. Let them think all they want,jst make sure you keep the 1 u feel comfortable with.

1 Like

Re: Stop Misinterpreting Our Kind Gestures by Teenzy(f): 9:29pm On Oct 04, 2013
chidyhels:

so becos shes young,she should accept every toaster and snub the ones she doesnt fancy?

@ op,pls dont stop smiling and being nice. Let them think all they want,jst make sure you keep the 1 u feel comfortable with.
....Thanks hun....u really get my point...
Re: Stop Misinterpreting Our Kind Gestures by Nobody: 3:20am On Oct 05, 2013
chidyhels:

Obviously the doc's forgot to screw in some nuts in yur head. Did yu read the dudes post upside down?? mtchew Naija girls and their forming. in 5yrs time, she turns into famzing dudes cos no one is asking her out again
Re: Stop Misinterpreting Our Kind Gestures by dmcdad: 4:06am On Oct 05, 2013
KingMEXX: Obviously the doc's forgot to screw in some nuts in yur head. Did yu read the dudes post upside down?? mtchew Naija girls and their forming. in 5yrs time, she turns into famzing dudes cos no one is asking her out again
Sometimes I wonder how peeps see certain things. She should be grateful that guys do fancy her at this point in time. Its not like she should accept virtually everyone that comes her way, buh she should be able to fend off the chaffs.

@op, it's yiur right that guys fancy you, so don't let it get into your head. Afterall, whether you frown or laugh at anything a guy says, it won't stop them from coming. There are always guys for every kinda girls, so enjoy it while it last. Not wishing you bad buh the reality is that; when the time comes, smile from ear-to-ear, no one will look at your face. Then, younger people will be getting all the attention.

So, its nothing to whine about as its your right and you should be glad about it. Just be sensible enough to discern who's who...
Re: Stop Misinterpreting Our Kind Gestures by Kirinwa: 5:56am On Oct 05, 2013

Op people tend towards those kindly disposed girls because everyone wants to be happy.There's nothing so sweet as coming back home to the embrace of a smiling and understanding wife especially after a hard day's work.

Woe betide any man that marries a nagging and quarrelsome wife.After all the shouting at office by some Boss.You come back to a frowning wife who doesn't care.Somebody say God forbid!
Re: Stop Misinterpreting Our Kind Gestures by Nobody: 8:47pm On Oct 05, 2013
KingMEXX: Obviously the doc's forgot to screw in some nuts in yur head. Did yu read the dudes post upside down?? mtchew Naija girls and their forming. in 5yrs time, she turns into famzing dudes cos no one is asking her out again
Maybe its ur own head that requires screw cos no normal human screws his/her head. I dont have your time.
Advs ur sister to date all her toasters so as to make sure she wont be begging for bf in 5yrs time.
Re: Stop Misinterpreting Our Kind Gestures by Nobody: 8:57pm On Oct 05, 2013
chidyhels:
Maybe its ur own head that requires screw cos no normal human screws his/her head. I dont have your time.
Advs ur sister to date all her toasters so as to make sure she wont be begging for bf in 5yrs time.
Whats this one saying?? Now I know yur not only slow at learning buh also a re-tard. Ugly tins always bring down the house with their rants and tantrums. Go screw yurself!
Re: Stop Misinterpreting Our Kind Gestures by dasparrow: 9:10pm On Oct 05, 2013

Most Nigerian-bred males are guilty of that. My sister who has lived most of her life overseas complained about that too. She said when a lady is being polite to a Nigerian-bred male, they (Nigerian-bred males) begin to think that the lady likes them. Nigerians have a lot to learn in regards to healthy relationships. No wonder many Nigerians are locked up in prisons abroad for se.x.ual harassment.

2 Likes

Re: Stop Misinterpreting Our Kind Gestures by DExplorer1: 9:31pm On Oct 05, 2013
What's difficult in declining with a frown?

1 Like

Re: Stop Misinterpreting Our Kind Gestures by Nobody: 10:26pm On Oct 05, 2013
First, every mature guy knows that just becoz a girl is friendli doesn't mean shez so into you except ofcoz the signal your giving is so red. But your being all nice, polite and friendly may score u a great mark in their list.hence, they may want to get to know you better. So it shouldn't annoy you my dear

4 Likes

Re: Stop Misinterpreting Our Kind Gestures by WackyJ1(m): 10:45pm On Oct 05, 2013
Na wa for this complaining poster.
If a guy doesn't come to chyke you whether you will admit it or not it will make you feel bad.

The grasscutter does not run out of the forest for nothing something is pursuing it.
How can you be continually nice and VERY CARING as you put it and expect the guy not to think that you have feelings for him.
You might probably even be flirting with him and accepting offers to be taken out by him all because you like Awuf and in the end you'll say that the guy should not think you have feelings for him.

As a mature girl you should be able to let a guy know where your stand with him is. Both from words and actions.
Childish Girl.

5 Likes

Re: Stop Misinterpreting Our Kind Gestures by Osarieme415(m): 12:57am On Oct 06, 2013
thareta: First, every mature guy knows that just becoz a girl is friendli doesn't mean shez so into you except ofcoz the signal your giving is so red. But your being all nice, polite and friendly may score u a great mark in their list.hence, they may want to get to know you better. So it shouldn't annoy you my dear
I concur

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Girls Stare At A Guy When He's With His Woman? / How Do I Tell A Girl 'NO' Without Hurting Her / Help! My 18 Year Old Sister Is In A Blood Convenant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.