Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:37 AM

Stop Misinterpreting Our Kind Gestures - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Stop Misinterpreting Our Kind Gestures (2838 Views)

Gestures That Girlfriends Love. / Ladies What Romantic Gestures Would You Appreciate From Men / Guys What Romantic Gestures Would You Appreciate From Women? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stop Misinterpreting Our Kind Gestures by Nobody: 1:29am On Oct 06, 2013
Be calm OP, be calm. Firstly, you shouldnt generalize (speaking for all girls and then grouping all boys as the same thing). You should know that you will meet guys who would act that way but you should find a way to deal with them instead of ranting here. Then maybe you are being overly nice to every guy you meet if by the end they would 'misinterpret' kindness as being a flirt.

You too, you know that it has happened to you countless of time but yet you still do it and now you are coming here to rant. Seriously you need to calm down and 'reduce' your niceness if at the end 'all guys' will read it as being a flirt. Besides ranting here wont solve anything, its not like all the guys who thought you were flirting with them will magically know that you made this post on NL and then come here to read it.

But, I feel your pain, it has happened to me countless of times even and I just realized that I am over doing this and I started to be less nice but not mean and wicked.
Re: Stop Misinterpreting Our Kind Gestures by Nobody: 6:55am On Oct 06, 2013
What's wrong with y'all n ur silly comments?
Firstly; I won't open myself 2 b "overly caring" n playfull with sommeone I don't want or have feelings for, dat will be stupid..

So pls, y'all stop decieving urselves.

The pproblem with y'all ladies is their greed n attention seeking habits; U'll cee a lady claiming to have a BF, n not interested, n yet that same lady frowns,n strts flashing , when u cut off, stop calling, n kill every nexus b/w U n her
As They will always say, they feel good, having guys running after them n telling them sweet words... So pls ladies stop coming here to write crap! I know u all like d back of my palms!!! Nothing I no know about una. .... So just allow sleeping dogs lay
Re: Stop Misinterpreting Our Kind Gestures by Nobody: 9:29am On Oct 06, 2013
thareta: First, every mature guy knows that just becoz a girl is friendli doesn't mean shez so into you except ofcoz the signal your giving is so red. But your being all nice, polite and friendly may score u a great mark in their list.hence, they may want to get to know you better. So it shouldn't annoy you my dear
if a gal can reason like dis, then there is hope. @thareta cheers!
Re: Stop Misinterpreting Our Kind Gestures by Nobody: 9:31am On Oct 06, 2013
Raymondenyi: What's wrong with y'all n ur silly comments?
Firstly; I won't open myself 2 b "overly caring" n playfull with sommeone I don't want or have feelings for, dat will be stupid..

So pls, y'all stop decieving urselves.

The pproblem with y'all ladies is their greed n attention seeking habits; U'll cee a lady claiming to have a BF, n not interested, n yet that same lady frowns,n strts flashing , when u cut off, stop calling, n kill every nexus b/w U n her
As They will always say, they feel good, having guys running after them n telling them sweet words... So pls ladies stop coming here to write crap! I know u all like d back of my palms!!! Nothing I no know about una. .... So just allow sleeping dogs lay
GBAM!
Re: Stop Misinterpreting Our Kind Gestures by Nobody: 9:47am On Oct 06, 2013
dasparrow:

Most Nigerian-bred males are guilty of that. My sister who has lived most of her life overseas complained about that too. She said when a lady is being polite to a Nigerian-bred male, they (Nigerian-bred males) begin to think that the lady likes them. Nigerians have a lot to learn in regards to healthy relationships. No wonder many Nigerians are locked up in prisons abroad for se.x.ual harassment.

Its males all over the world boss, not just Nigerian bred males.

That behaviour you described is a general male thing and I have witnessed it so many times.
I guess it has something to do with ego.
Re: Stop Misinterpreting Our Kind Gestures by yuiop(m): 10:10am On Oct 06, 2013
thareta: First, every mature guy knows that just becoz a girl is friendli doesn't mean shez so into you except ofcoz the signal your giving is so red. But your being all nice, polite and friendly may score u a great mark in their list.hence, they may want to get to know you better. So it shouldn't annoy you my dear

@thareta. I agree with u. It shows ur level of maturity
Re: Stop Misinterpreting Our Kind Gestures by Nobody: 12:01pm On Oct 06, 2013
Gabriel_sylar: He asked u out because he wants to help u...so stop getting pissed @ nothing
smh.won tunde o.if ladies start acting nasty,care free and rude,na una go dey quick to rant say girls no get manners.mshewwwwwww.rada rada
Re: Stop Misinterpreting Our Kind Gestures by Nobody: 12:24pm On Oct 06, 2013
Teenzy: When u're being nice to a guy,very caring and smile when he talks, the next thing he does is to ask u out sooner or later thinking u have feelings for him....so many people av told me about their experiences and its really annoying...
lolll. @op its not only you.it happens to me sometimes.

i remember one of my colleagues friends,(i am not too familiar with him since he only comes around to see my colleague who happens to be his friend) and so there was this fateful day he came around and asked for his friend,i said he isnt around but he can sit in my office and wait for him.so i wanted him to feel comfortable,i asked him what he wants,he said anything,so i offered him a cold bottle of valentino and a glass cup,i said why dont you try calling him on my phone maybe it will go through since you said its not going on your phone .so i dropped my phone on the table and he took it there. So while speaking to his friend on phone,i continued with my work and then after some time,i saw him playing with my phone.i didnt mind though and he said aunty i like this whatsapp on your phone,can you help me put it on my phone,i said ok,give me your phone,i checked the phone first and i started helping him download the whatsapp compatible with his phone,while after it entered,i showed him how he will use it and explained that the more you use it and go through it,the more you will know how to use it.he was still excited with it and he said errm aunty,i like you,you are beautiful,can we know each other better than this.honestly i have not come across any lady as hospitable as you.

Immediately my warm and friendly countenance changed to hate and disdain,i said are you not here to see your friend.infact,leave my office,if he has not yet come,go and wait for him at the gate.what is the meaning of this nonsense.so because i tried making you feel warm you are now behaving anyhow.he said haba,it is not up to that now.i said i dont care,just leave my office.that was the last time he passes my office to see his friend.one thing about many guys is that if you give them an inch,they take a mile,so the best thing is drawing a big boundary so they dont come to you and be talking nonsense except they have something serious minded to say
Re: Stop Misinterpreting Our Kind Gestures by Nobody: 12:37pm On Oct 06, 2013
kulyie: lolll. @op its not only you.it happens to me sometimes.

i remember one of my colleagues friends,(i am not too familiar with him since he only comes around to see my colleague who happens to be his friend) and so there was this fateful day he came around and asked for his friend,i said he isnt around but he can sit in my office and wait for him.so i wanted him to feel comfortable,i asked him what he wants,he said anything,so i offered him a cold bottle of valentino and a glass cup,i said why dont you try calling him on my phone maybe it will go through since you said its not going on your phone .so i dropped my phone on the table and he took it there. So while speaking to his friend on phone,i continued with my work and then after some time,i saw him playing with my phone.i didnt mind though and he said aunty i like this whatsapp on your phone,can you help me put it on my phone,i said ok,give me your phone,i checked the phone first and i started helping him download the whatsapp compatible with his phone,while after it entered,i showed him how he will use it and explained that the more you use it and go through it,the more you will know how to use it.he was still excited with it and he said errm aunty,i like you,you are beautiful,can we know each other better than this.honestly i have not come across any lady as hospitable as you.

Immediately my warm and friendly countenance changed to hate and disdain,i said are you not here to see your friend.infact,leave my office,if he has not yet come,go and wait for him at the gate.what is the meaning of this nonsense.so because i tried making you feel warm you are now behaving anyhow.he said haba,it is not up to that now.i said i dont care,just leave my office.that was the last time he passes my office to see his friend.

grin grin grin
Very funny.

I have a female friend that had a similar experience.
The girl is a naturally nice person and is warm and smily around virtually everyone she meets. One of the guys she was kind to mistook her niceness for 'green-lighting' and asked her out. After she turned him down he became angry and asked her why she was leading him on all the while by acting all nice around him grin
Re: Stop Misinterpreting Our Kind Gestures by Nobody: 12:40pm On Oct 06, 2013
D-Explorer:
What's difficult in declining with a frown?
gbam
Re: Stop Misinterpreting Our Kind Gestures by Nobody: 12:56pm On Oct 06, 2013

grin grin grin
Very funny.

I have a female friend that had a similar experience.
The girl is a naturally nice person and is warm and smily around virtually everyone she meets. One of the guys she was kind to mistook her niceness for 'green-lighting' and asked her out. After she turned him down he became angry and asked her why she was leading him on all the while by acting all nice around him grin
Re: Stop Misinterpreting Our Kind Gestures by Nobody: 1:08pm On Oct 06, 2013
When ladies are overly nice and friendly,i have heard 1d1otic statements from some things that mistakenly are humans,they will say 'owan oko ni' as in she is looking for husband,thats why i dont blame ladies that act unfriendly and uncaring.the funny thing is if they will say she is rude,she is full of herself,she is this and that.as in it freaks me out big time.lolll

so the thing i do when i am with unfamiliar guys,i put up my ignore button and act like i dont see them or they dont exist so there is no need for unnecessary familiarity and i wont get to hear nonsense

1 Like

Re: Stop Misinterpreting Our Kind Gestures by Youngpo413: 5:58pm On Dec 01, 2014
youngice:
im a guy @op truth
u see guys mistake friendship for love and girls mistake love for friendship
Re: Stop Misinterpreting Our Kind Gestures by Youngpo413: 6:02pm On Dec 01, 2014
Arsenate:
The op is just an arrogant ---. What's the crime in someone asking u out for god's sake? Just say no if u aint interested. You're probably young hence all the attention you seem to be getting. Few yrs from now you'd be begging for this attention.
Typical dumb arrogant Naija girl.
lool
Re: Stop Misinterpreting Our Kind Gestures by eckersley: 6:29pm On Dec 01, 2014
Teenzy:
When u're being nice to a guy,very caring and smile when he talks, the next thing he does is to ask u out sooner or later thinking u have feelings for him....so many people av told me about their experiences and its really annoying...

Na so una dey do.
But after the thing finally expire,
Una go come bring am come for free
https://www.nairaland.com/17834/why-somany-big-girls-unmarried/1#27943169

(1) (2) (Reply)

How It All Started On The Airplane / Help! My 18 Year Old Sister Is In A Blood Convenant / What's The Best Age Difference Between A Man And His Wife?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.