Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,200 members, 7,835,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:37 PM

A Thread For Catholics - Religion (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Catholics (520328 Views)

Mary's Command For Catholics / Message Of God For Catholics And Jehovah Witnesses- Sister Linda Testimony / For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (505) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Catholics by POPEII: 2:23pm On Dec 06, 2013
Please do you guys believe in all the stories and illustrations of the bible?
Stuffs like opening the ocean
Living in a fish womb
Walls falling because people were singing etc .

Thank you,feel free to answer ooo or to not grin

Good morning yall love u .
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 3:26pm On Dec 06, 2013
POPE II: Please do you guys believe in all the stories and illustrations of the bible?
Living in a fish womb

As far as God is omnipotent, i believe they are not mere illustrations.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by debbie(f): 6:09pm On Dec 06, 2013
There are somethings in the bible that human understanding can not comprehend..Remember the scripture is written by inspiration.
So those stories and illustrations you see there,to human eyes seems impossible,but with GOD it is very true and real
@Sal C rightly said,God is omnipotent.
Bible says,that we should pray the Lord to open our eyes of understanding that we may be enlightened and see the deeper things of his words.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by italo: 7:07pm On Dec 06, 2013
I do. Even in our day, extraordinary miracles happen.

Read about the bodies of Saints that have not decomposed for hundreds of years, the miraculous properties of the tilma of Our Lady of Guadalupe, the Eucharistic turning to human flesh and blood in appearance etc.

God made the world. He can suspend the laws of nature whenever he pleases.

POPE II: Please do you guys believe in all the stories and illustrations of the bible?
Living in a fish womb

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 8:21pm On Dec 06, 2013
Living in a fish womb

I believe there is more to Sacred scriptures than meets the eyes. A number of things written in it will remain mysteries until the day when all things will be revealed.

If your question is whether God can wrath such extraordinary works then my answer would have been in the affirmative because God can do all that is logically possible. If he can suspend the Earth in space then parting the Red sea would be a very small task.

On the other hand, if your question is more inclined to asking whether the events actually happened as it is stated in Sacred scriptures then my answer would be: I do not know!

The only way I can know for sure is when the Church makes an official pronouncement and defines whatever scriptural passage as an article of faith. Until then, everyone is welcomed to speculate based on their personal faith.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by POPEII: 8:37pm On Dec 06, 2013
More inputs before I continue with the next question.
Thank you Sal C , Debbie, and striklymi .

@ striklymi, the later
Ps: I can't doubt about what our God can do
Re: A Thread For Catholics by POPEII: 8:47pm On Dec 06, 2013
striktlymi:

I believe there is more to Sacred scriptures than meets the eyes. A number of things written in it will remain mysteries until the day when all things will be revealed.

If your question is whether God can wrath such extraordinary works then my answer would have been in the affirmative because God can do all that is logically possible. If he can suspend the Earth in space then parting the Red sea would be a very small task.

On the other hand, if your question is more inclined to asking whether the events actually happened as it is stated in Sacred scriptures then my answer would be: I do not know!

The only way I can know for sure is when the Church makes an official pronouncement and defines whatever scriptural passage as an article of faith. Until then, everyone is welcomed to speculate based on their personal faith.
I guess they are pronounced officially on whatever is in the bible which basically means .I'm supposed to believe in everything in the bible right? Or I didn't get you well ?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 8:53pm On Dec 06, 2013
good evenin brethren, hop u guys ar doing great..

Am not jst happy, dont really knw why.. i wil be off 4 a while... Pls dnt 4gt to put me in your prayers..
Re: A Thread For Catholics by POPEII: 8:57pm On Dec 06, 2013
woky: good evenin brethren, hop u guys ar doing great..

Am not jst happy, dont really knw why.. i wil be off 4 a while... Pls dnt 4gt to put me in your prayers..

Oo noooo embarassed embarassed, we won't forget and you will b missed my friend.
Stay strong bro
Re: A Thread For Catholics by chidima: 9:02pm On Dec 06, 2013
i believe everything in the bible is inspired. The old testament is a detailed narration of the life the jews at home and in exile. This events were written down in order for the jews to always remember how Yahweh delivered them. For me , the stories are real, God is more than capable to do much more than we can imagine.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 9:04pm On Dec 06, 2013

Please as you go off, concentrate more on your spiritual life and lay aside any kind of worry.
It doesn‘t sound well to see one‘s self unhappy let alone a situation where you can‘t lay hand on the cause of your unhappiness.
It is always our duty here to pray for one another. Will keep praying for you. It‘s well and may God be with you.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by POPEII: 9:07pm On Dec 06, 2013
chidima: i believe everything in the bible is inspired. The old testament is a detailed narration of the life the jews at home and in exile. This events were written down in order for the jews to always remember how Yahweh delivered them. For me , the stories are real, God is more than capable to do much more than we can imagine.
thank u
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 9:08pm On Dec 06, 2013
@Pope

I will miss u guys too.. Bt dnt miss me 2much oo

take Care..
Re: A Thread For Catholics by POPEII: 9:09pm On Dec 06, 2013
woky: @Pope

I will miss u guys too.. Bt dnt miss me 2much oo

take Care..
why are u going na ? Anyway get well quick beg

I don't promise anything oo
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 9:11pm On Dec 06, 2013
POPE II:
I guess they are pronounced officially on whatever is in the bible which basically means . I'm supposed to believe in everything in the bible right? Or I didn't get you well ?

Catholics are bound to believe all that God choose to reveal through his Church under the pain of sin. With respect to Sacred scriptures, the only official pronouncement from the Church that I am aware of is the fact that Sacred scriptures is the inspired word of God and Catholics are expected to hold Sacred scriptures in very high esteem and use same for their spiritual growth.

However, I am not aware of any formal pronouncement of the Church which formally defines exactly what some specific passages in Sacred scriptures are about i.e whether they are meant to be taken literally or not. Though a lot of studies have gone into understanding what some of the passages are about by the Church fathers and a number of the Church's scholars but on the whole I don't think there is any official pronouncement yet.

@Bold: I don't quite understand what you mean but if you are asking whether every Catholic is supposed to believe in Sacred scriptures as the inspired word of God, then my answer is yes but if your question is whether we are expected to believe that everything in Sacred scriptures is meant to be taken literally then my answer is NO!!!

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 9:13pm On Dec 06, 2013

Any particular reason for going off?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 9:15pm On Dec 06, 2013
Sal C:
Please as you go off, concentrate more on your spiritual life and lay aside any kind of worry.
It doesn‘t sound well to see one‘s self unhappy let alone a situation where you can‘t lay hand on the cause of your unhappiness.
It is always our duty here to pray for one another. Will keep praying for you. It‘s well and may God be with you.
tnkx sis..

Pls do take kia of my brethren (ur children) for me oo... make sure u over feed Rich4God for me oo
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 9:17pm On Dec 06, 2013
striktlymi:

Any particular reason for going off?
yea.. Bt dnt want to say it..
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 9:19pm On Dec 06, 2013
woky: yea.. Bt dnt want to say it..

It's cool if you choose not to reveal the reason but whatever it is that makes you unhappy, do note that you alone can make you happy. Being happy is a state that we can control to a large extent and it has a lot to do with our mindset. We can condition our minds to focus on those things that makes us happy or sad. Teach your mind to be happy!

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Catholics by POPEII: 9:29pm On Dec 06, 2013
Thank you
striktlymi:

Catholics are bound to believe all that God choose to reveal through his Church under the pain of sin. With respect to Sacred scriptures, the only official pronouncement from the Church that I am aware of is the fact that Sacred scriptures is the inspired word of God and Catholics are expected to hold Sacred scriptures in very high esteem and use same for their spiritual growth.

However, I am not aware of any formal pronouncement of the Church which formally defines exactly what some specific passages in Sacred scriptures are about i.e whether they are meant to be taken literally or not. Though a lot of studies have gone into understanding what some of the passages are about by the Church fathers and a number of the Church's scholars but on the whole I don't think there is any official pronouncement yet.

@Bold: I don't quite understand what you mean but if you are asking whether every Catholic is supposed to believe in Sacred scriptures as the inspired word of God, then my answer is yes but if your question is whether we are expected to believe that everything in Sacred scriptures is meant to be taken literally then my answer is NO!!!
Re: A Thread For Catholics by chidima: 9:39pm On Dec 06, 2013

My dear woky, life is always full of challenges, but guess what, God has promised never to leave us in it all. Never allow your challenges to take away your happiness. That is the plan of the devil,to take away our happiness, making us weak and susceptible to his devices. My dear, u are smarter than him. Get up now and begin to say thank you Jesus, say it with so much love remembering what he has done for you. Think of your friends that started this journey with you that are no more. You, my brother are specially and wonderfully created. May God's love abound with you fill your heart at this moment and give you an all round blessing that will make you dance like King David. cheers.

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 10:37pm On Dec 06, 2013
@chidima, Striklymi, Sal.c and Pope

Tnkx for the kind words, i really appreciate and i will for sure adapt what is useful, reject what is useless and add what is specifically mine.

I will gladly pay attention to all ur advice..

Tnkx alot..
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 11:57pm On Dec 06, 2013

Take it easy my guy... Life is like a glass of wine...
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 11:58pm On Dec 06, 2013
woky: tnkx sis..

Pls do take kia of my brethren (ur children) for me oo... make sure u over feed Rich4God for me oo
grin grin grin grin grin
Mumsi... You go add more food for me abi make I go report to woky... tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 7:04am On Dec 07, 2013
Try to be at peace with everyone and try to live a holy life because no one will see the Lord without it. Heb12v14

Good morning brethren and do have a peaceful weekend.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 7:07am On Dec 07, 2013
Rich4god: grin grin grin grin grin
Mumsi... You go add more food for me abi make I go report to woky... tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Chopinsin
Re: A Thread For Catholics by MariaGoretti: 7:57am On Dec 07, 2013
The Lord says, dont mind your haters; they can do nothing.

Goodmorning brethens.......
being away on official assignment.

trust everyone is ok?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by italo: 8:46am On Dec 07, 2013
@ woky,

Please take care of you.

Good morning all. I love you.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 11:31pm On Dec 07, 2013
Maria-Goretti:
The Lord says, dont mind your haters; they can do nothing.

Goodmorning brethens.......
being away on official assignment.

trust everyone is ok?
O yeah.
Take care dear.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by POPEII: 11:47pm On Dec 07, 2013
Please do not forget to have our brethren Woky in your prayers .

And go to church , it is a duty .

Hope you guys are doing well, I'm really enjoying this thread
Re: A Thread For Catholics by POPEII: 11:47pm On Dec 07, 2013
italo: @ woky,

Please take care of you.

Good morning all. I love you.
we love u more cheesy
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 9:39am On Dec 08, 2013
Good morning brethren and Happy Sunday to you all.

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (505) (Reply)

'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.