Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:10 PM

A Thread For Catholics - Religion (66) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Catholics (519120 Views)

Mary's Command For Catholics / Message Of God For Catholics And Jehovah Witnesses- Sister Linda Testimony / For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (505) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 9:16am On Dec 19, 2013
Sal C: Thanks
If that is so, it means the rapture is taking place after the tribulation

Yes, Christians were not promised freedom from tribulation. The coming of Christ will end all.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 9:41am On Dec 19, 2013
On the issue of inter-faith marriage, It is a delicate topic, especially for females. However, in this our times, certain questions are simply academic for one who is true to his or her faith. Remember here guys that we are talking of mixed marriage here,(where the couple agree to pursue their different faiths with certain conditions attached). In the issue of qualities (including beliefs) of a spouse,there is perfect case and permissive case, one only has to decide within the available options open to him or her, which to go with, that is perfect or permissive, with regards to something as life influencing as marriage. Since we humans are limited in our knowledge of future, we have to take care to "fulfill all righteousness", so as to minimize the depth of our self blame in the event of the unwanted. In our clime,It is more difficult to find a non-catholic spouse who will keep to the conditions of the mixed marriage, than it is to find a catholic spouse who will allow you practice your faith all your life. We generally believe "the two shall become one" as also including the faith/church of the couple, we may theorize all we want, but in reality we know and see what we practice.

I would encourage brethren, especially females, who are true to their faith, to seek the lord closely till they find him in love. Love for the lord goes along with love for his mother, his church; with her sacraments and practices. St Teresa of Avila on her death bed declared “I am a daughter of the Church". What does this declaration mean to you? What can you give up to continue in this declaration? When we make our choices, let's be truthful to ourselves and reduce desperation due to pressure from society. Most will love to marry a "religious" spouse, but most spouses who will sustain mixed marriage will not fall into this category of "religious", since one of the responsibilities/aim of religion is conversion. How long will one who feels he/she has a responsibility towards conversion of others, allow his/her spouse to be non converted? If the one is not religious, then there are other challenges that accompany such.

All in all, let brethren spinsters and bachelors pray for a good catholic first and foremost, and believe that the lord will not give you stone when you ask for bread. I join in this prayer, for everyone here who needs it at this time.

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 10:46am On Dec 19, 2013
POPE II: I have been taught that she didn't and ascended
I mean it literally , she didn't die like you and I are going to die , she's not been buried and her grave doesn't exist

Sal C: I was taught she died but her body did not see corruption.
She was assumed body and soul to heaven not ascend.

There's a difference between assumption and ascension.

The church's official position refrains from saying if she died or not, albeit "...having completed the course of her earthly life, was assumed..."Its all a long story, but what seemed a general believe is that since she shares a lot with Christ, she must have died, just like him.
The most "believable" account on Our lady, for me is found in the book "City of God" by mother Mary of Agreda. It is supposed to be a revelation of her life by the Queen herself. It has expository narrations and explanations for many things in the scripture, it really gets one prepared for the surprises and great mysteries that we will come to know in the world to come. It also affirms to the reader, that the church though acts within human limitations, is invisibly guided by Divine hand. This book (which has received numerous ecclesiastical endorsements) states that the Blessed virgin died, and it was more from her choice; which is anchored on humility and imitation of her son. It was after this, she was assumed into heaven, as stated by Sal C.

Meanwhile, PopeII...how are things with the heretics? grin
Re: A Thread For Catholics by POPEII: 3:26pm On Dec 19, 2013
Syncan:

The church's official position refrains from saying if she died or not, albeit "...having completed the course of her earthly life, was assumed..."Its all a long story, but what seemed a general believe is that since she shares a lot with Christ, she must have died, just like him.
The most "believable" account on Our lady, for me is found in the book "City of God" by mother Mary of Agreda. It is supposed to be a revelation of her life by the Queen herself. It has expository narrations and explanations for many things in the scripture, it really gets one prepared for the surprises and great mysteries that we will come to know in the world to come. It also affirms to the reader, that the church though acts within human limitations, is invisibly guided by Divine hand. This book (which has received numerous ecclesiastical endorsements) states that the Blessed virgin died, and it was more from her choice; which is anchored on humility and imitation of her son. It was after this, she was assumed into heaven, as stated by Sal C.

Thank you @ Sal c and syncan
@ syncan their attacks have reduced, we destroyed the menace called uktus, tho I believe he has an alt account .
Re: A Thread For Catholics by POPEII: 3:26pm On Dec 19, 2013
Syncan:

@ syncan their attacks have reduced, we destroyed the menace called uktus, tho I believe he has an alt account .
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 3:32pm On Dec 19, 2013
POPE II:

You're welcome bro. I see.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 8:45pm On Dec 19, 2013
Syncan:

Thanks for the detailed explanation.

Been trying to read "City of God" seem there's a lot to be learnt therein.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 8:52pm On Dec 19, 2013
POPE II:

Hope we both got more insight into the issue.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by damerry(m): 4:34am On Dec 20, 2013
May this morning wipe out any evil that survived the night.

Wonderful discussions. Peaceful thread. smiley

Good morning brethern.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by MariaGoretti: 5:40am On Dec 20, 2013
damerry: May this morning wipe out any evil that survived the night.

Wonderful discussions. Peaceful thread. smiley

Good morning brethern.
erm, brother o, hmmm, your siggy ended with my name. abeg translate inugo?

Goodmorning
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 6:06am On Dec 20, 2013
Syncan:

I'm Present, brothers and sisters!

A combination of natural factors such as location, cares and concerns hindered me briefly, but I've never been far away. There's been quite a lot here...will go through and make my contribution soon. So nice to be actively involved again. Woky got your mail, responded but it was returned undelivered.

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law". Galatians 5:22-23. It is visible here. God bless you all.
welcm bak bro

Good mornin brethren
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 7:01am On Dec 20, 2013
woky: welcm bak bro

Good mornin brethren

Thanks a lot dear woky, how the viewings? grin

Good morning dear ones, it's a season of joyful anticipation, so I say "Rejoice evermore" 1Thess 5:16 .
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 7:28am On Dec 20, 2013
Syncan:

Thanks a lot dear woky, how the viewings? grin

Good morning dear ones, it's a season of joyful anticipation, so I say "Rejoice evermore" 1Thess 5:16 .
lol

the viewing industry is going well

happy christmas in advance
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 7:29am On Dec 20, 2013
Akpurukata pls jst fallin and say Hi

i jst dy view you
Re: A Thread For Catholics by okpurukata(f): 7:32am On Dec 20, 2013
Good morning brethren. I have an issue at hand and need your advise. There is this new chuch just beside my house. They even used part of my fence s their alter. The noise is simply unbearable as me and my children most times have to move to the sitting room to sleep during their vigils. They have very heavy sound systems.

We have implored various means of resolution, since the owner a lady is my Neighbour. They even fought me at a point. I thereafter implored the assistance of a pentecostal pastor to intervene. He has tried to convince this woman to reduce the noise.
The problem is that. Ever since that guy stepped into my house and noticed we are a little above average, he keeps coming back, to my office, calling me on phone etc. my Husband always advises me to beware of these charlatans.

Right now, He came to my office to tell me he has evangelization at Zaria and I should finance his trip. I told him the organizers ought to have paid for his trip. This guy is not relenting. Calling and calling and calling. What do I do?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by MariaGoretti: 7:56am On Dec 20, 2013
Your are highly welcomed Sis Okpurukata.

hmm, that your story......make i read am again b4 i talk.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 7:56am On Dec 20, 2013
okpurukata: Good morning brethren. I have an issue at hand and need your advise. There is this new chuch just beside my house. They even used part of my fence s their alter. The noise is simply unbearable as me and my children most times have to move to the sitting room to sleep during their vigils. They have very heavy sound systems.

We have implored various means of resolution, since the owner a lady is my Neighbour. They even fought me at a point. I thereafter implored the assistance of a pentecostal pastor to intervene. He has tried to convince this woman to reduce the noise.
The problem is that. Ever since that guy stepped into my house and noticed we are a little above average, he keeps coming back, to my office, calling me on phone etc. my Husband always advises me to beware of these charlatans.

Right now, He came to my office to tell me he has evangelization at Zaria and I should finance his trip. I told him the organizers ought to have paid for his trip. This guy is not relenting. Calling and calling and calling. What do I do?

Report the 'noisy neighbours' (church) to the authorities while you give that pastor the boots.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 8:00am On Dec 20, 2013
okpurukata: Good morning brethren. I have an issue at hand and need your advise. There is this new chuch just beside my house. They even used part of my fence s their alter. The noise is simply unbearable as me and my children most times have to move to the sitting room to sleep during their vigils. They have very heavy sound systems.

These guys never disappoint, they always live to expectation, Lol

Dear Sis, Please first and foremost, do listen to your hubby and stay clear of these guys for good. You really do not need them.

In my opinion, you got this man to do a job, and he failed in the Job he was contracted. Well, its now time to right this mistake.

Option 1. Tell him your husband is not comfortable with your dealings with him, you will appreciate his not communicating with you again...this automatically makes him an enemy of your marriage if he persists, and liable to harsh treatment.

Option 2. Form Vex. Tell him he failed in what you wanted him to do, and that it is his colleague in their business that is still disturbing your peace with noise, right now you want to be left alone by all of them.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 8:01am On Dec 20, 2013
striktlymi:

Report the 'noisy neighbours' (church) to the authorities while you give that pastor the boots.
must you say what is in my mind?? grin
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 8:02am On Dec 20, 2013
woky: lol

the viewing industry is going well

happy christmas in advance

woky: Akpurukata pls jst fallin and say Hi

i jst dy view you

Lol, I see bro, I see. Happy Christmas (in advance) to you too.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 8:03am On Dec 20, 2013
woky: must you say what is in my mind?? grin

wink

Morning!
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 8:04am On Dec 20, 2013
Syncan:

These guys never disappoint, they always live to expectation, Lol

Dear Sis, Please first and foremost, do listen to your hubby and stay clear of these guys for good. You really do not need them.

In my opinion, you got this man to do a job, and he failed in the Job he was contracted. Well, its now time to right this mistake.

Option 1. Tell him your husband is not comfortable with your dealings with him, you will appreciate his not communicating with you again...this automatically makes him an enemy of your marriage if he persists, an liable to harsh treatment.

Option 2. Form Vex. Tell him he failed in what you wanted him to do, and that it is his colleague in their business that is still disturbing your peace with noise, right now you want to be left alone by all of them.
correct!!!
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 8:07am On Dec 20, 2013
Syncan:

Lol, I see bro, I see. Happy Christmas (in advance) to you too.
*smiling*

still looking at you without glasses

God bless you bro!
Missed you!
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 8:08am On Dec 20, 2013
woky: correct!!!

Guy where Sal C? Quite unlike her to be late for breakfast....may be na she send Maria G sha.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 8:09am On Dec 20, 2013
striktlymi:

wink

Morning!
mornin bro
hw ur nyt?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 8:10am On Dec 20, 2013
@okpu I have a fear, though very unfounded...

Just be careful how you go about the ish with the pastor. Some of them are 'pastors' by day and criminals by night.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 8:11am On Dec 20, 2013
Syncan:

Guy where Sal C? Quite unlike her to be late for breakfast....may be na she send Maria G sha.
she is on her way..

Am hungry
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 8:11am On Dec 20, 2013
woky: mornin bro
hw ur nyt?

My night was terrible...

Hope yours was better?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 8:12am On Dec 20, 2013
striktlymi: @okpu I have a fear, though very unfounded...

Just be careful how you go about the ish with the pastor. Some of them are 'pastors' by day and criminals by night.
bros stop to dy talk wetin i wan talk naa
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 8:13am On Dec 20, 2013
striktlymi: @okpu I have a fear, though very unfounded...

Two Jobs? Everything na double double! grin
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 8:14am On Dec 20, 2013
Syncan:

Two Jobs? Everything na double double! grin

Lol!!!
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 8:15am On Dec 20, 2013
woky: she is on her way..

Am hungry

You mean maria did not bring any food along? I didn't ask 'cos I was fasting. No its not good na.

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (505) (Reply)

'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.