Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,830 members, 7,817,429 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:05 PM

Atheist, Why Embracing Buddhism And Not African Philosophy And Spirituality? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheist, Why Embracing Buddhism And Not African Philosophy And Spirituality? (4803 Views)

From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again / Look Who's Embracing Chris Oyakhilome! / What Is Buddhism And How Can It Help Your Life? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheist, Why Embracing Buddhism And Not African Philosophy And Spirituality? by MamiWata: 4:26pm On Oct 06, 2013
macof:

I have seen people with such claims. Eshu has nothing to do with satanism. Don't be like those Christians that call Eshu satan

Exactly. He just let me know he's been "taught" by people who know nothing of Eshu.
Re: Atheist, Why Embracing Buddhism And Not African Philosophy And Spirituality? by FOLYKAZE(m): 5:24pm On Oct 06, 2013
Ubenedictus: the gods in ifa, you seem to be frantically trying to deny the the orishas are gods not just energy.

I didn't deny the orisa in Ifa. I just see them as symbolic and metaphoric.

What is Orisa to start with?
Re: Atheist, Why Embracing Buddhism And Not African Philosophy And Spirituality? by FOLYKAZE(m): 5:26pm On Oct 06, 2013
macof:

I have seen people with such claims. Eshu has nothing to do with satanism. Don't be like those Christians that call Eshu satan

I knew satan is not Eshu. Was just pulling mamiwata legs.

He said he was communicating with Eshu.....wondering which Eshu. Lol
Re: Atheist, Why Embracing Buddhism And Not African Philosophy And Spirituality? by FOLYKAZE(m): 5:29pm On Oct 06, 2013
okeyxyz:

You say buddhism does not recognize spiritual beings, but on the other hand this same buddhism recognizes spiritual activities in that we are all spirits and that this present life is not all there is, that our actions in this life will determine what life we will have in the next life. It is either buddhism is a lazy philosphy or you are just delibrately filtering the aspects you are comfortable with and ignoring the more embarassing/unasnwered parts. Why does buddhism not ask what the origin of all these cycles of birth and rebirth is? It doesn't make sense to simply assert that we are born and reborn, and reborn until infinity if we don't rectify our lives, yet it claims to be without spirituality, yet it doesn't ask: who or what determined this moral basis that we must conduct ourselves with in order to escape this infinite birth cycles. At least other major philosophies(science, christianity, islam, etc) are honest in their claims(whether stupid of not) by asserting that there is an origin, a first cause or creator. But buddhism seems not to have an opinion about cause/origin/creator of this nature system that it recommends it's morals for people to follow. It seems to say that nature system just is!! a nature without cause/begining/creator, yet we the micro-organisms within this uncaused nature need to live by cause and effects. And don't tell me that buddhism agrees with evolution because it certainly does not, evolution has nothing to do with birth and rebirth, has nothing to do with cyclic existences or life after death, or that we exist today as humans, then tomorrow as mosquitoes and the next as sharks, etc. I am not an expert on buddhism, but if what you claim above about buddhism is true and is the sum of it's philosophy, then I can safely conclude that buddhism is a deliberately evasive, unquestful and dishonest philosophy.

I am more suprised that @folykaze is praising this your summary of buddhism.

One more thing, it is virtually impossible to separate religion from buddhism and also impossible to separate religion from spirituality(@floyKaze) This is for the people (atheist, ...) who want to identify differently from christians, moslems and other religionists. Every religion is based on spiritualities/philosophies. The issue is not who has it right and who has it wrong but whether their behaviours(worships) is in respect with their belief systems which includes concepts/entities beyond physically/scientifically evident truths. You can flog christians/moslems/etc as much as you want but the truth is you are basically doing exactly the same things that you deride them for. You believe in conforming to a set of moralities by which you expect to be judged in the life after after death. This is true of buddhism, true of ifa, true of christianity and islam, etc. Yet you claim to be atheist and buddhist/ifa. Am I the only one who's detecting the confusion here(or is it dishonesty)?

so many lots shot at me.

I was praising him for raising the philosophical and spiritual sides of buddhism and Ifa. My next post expose Gods in Ifa and buddhism. Chai
Re: Atheist, Why Embracing Buddhism And Not African Philosophy And Spirituality? by FOLYKAZE(m): 5:33pm On Oct 06, 2013
barack_o_handso:

Believe me, you're so not the only one.
And I'm suprised that folykaze now asserts that buddhism is a religion, after claiming otherwise in your previous thread.

You can lie ehn.

I said it more philosophical than religion.

Even when I asked you to explain it religious side, you were just babbling. Chai
Re: Atheist, Why Embracing Buddhism And Not African Philosophy And Spirituality? by FOLYKAZE(m): 5:41pm On Oct 06, 2013
MamiWata:

Exactly. He just let me know he's been "taught" by people who know nothing of Eshu.

Nobody taught me anything. I read through his oriki and put on my thinking cap.

Since you want to blab, I promise to write about eshu and intuition here. I dont know why it hard for you to read through the link I gave you. Chai.

Mind answering the questions I asked on previous post or lets agree you read but dont know what you reading?
Re: Atheist, Why Embracing Buddhism And Not African Philosophy And Spirituality? by MamiWata: 5:51pm On Oct 06, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Nobody taught me anything. I read through his oriki and put on my thinking cap.

Since you want to blab, I promise to write about eshu and intuition here. I dont know why it hard for you to read through the link I gave you. Chai.

Mind answering the questions I asked on previous post or lets agree you read but dont know what you reading?

Let me make it 100% clear that your trying to twist and turn Ifa to suit your atheist needs is moronic and juvenile. I have nothing to learn from you about ATR's so I won't be reading the drivel you've posted to learn about Eshu. Anyone who equates Eshu with Satan is a disrespectful fool.

1 Like

Re: Atheist, Why Embracing Buddhism And Not African Philosophy And Spirituality? by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:38pm On Oct 06, 2013
MamiWata:

Let me make it 100% clear that your trying to twist and turn Ifa to suit your atheist needs is moronic and juvenile. I have nothing to learn from you about ATR's so I won't be reading the drivel you've posted to learn about Eshu. Anyone who equates Eshu with Satan is a disrespectful fool.

thanks for not stressing much energy on ya. You dont want to read so stick to ya opinion.

Where did I equate satan with Eshu or you are reading meaning to my post? Pls take this your pathetic lies elsewhere. Where did you see Eshu talking? Common stop equating force with Anthropomorphic being. Maybe you can read through macof thread where I argue concerning satan and Eshu. I have never heard Eshu talking once, you said it so stop reading meaning to my post.

What is it you calling me? Because I didn't submit to your decision so Im a fool. Ya so what next?

Im here to learn....i share mind and reason with others. If you are too big to share knowledge with others and only what your opinion to rule, then you better be ignore.

What is spirit in your own definition? Answer that and stop insulting me.
Re: Atheist, Why Embracing Buddhism And Not African Philosophy And Spirituality? by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:43pm On Oct 06, 2013
Viewing this topic: jahboy, Logicboy03(m), FOLYKAZE(m)

lol
Re: Atheist, Why Embracing Buddhism And Not African Philosophy And Spirituality? by Nobody: 8:30pm On Oct 06, 2013
Folykaze is right in a sense.

Some atheists praise buddhism or sometumes hinduism like some intellectual philosophy.

Take muskeeto aka amanfrommars who talks about hinduism like it is some kind of sensible philosophy.

While buddhism and hinduism are atheistic and more humanistic than the abrahamic religionsn they still contain pockets of ignorance.

There are many schools of thoughts within these Asian religions. Some of them wise, some foolish.

I amb very consistent in saying that religions, no matter how sensible they are, are a waste of time. Man can bé good with or without them

Atheist boss

1 Like

Re: Atheist, Why Embracing Buddhism And Not African Philosophy And Spirituality? by macof(m): 8:43pm On Oct 06, 2013
Logicboy03: Folykaze is right in a sense.

Some atheists praise buddhism or sometumes hinduism like some intellectual philosophy.

Take muskeeto aka amanfrommars who talks about hinduism like it is some kind of sensible philosophy.

While buddhism and hinduism are atheistic and more humanistic than the abrahamic religionsn they still contain pockets of ignorance.

There are many schools of thoughts within these Asian religions. Some of them wise, some foolish.

I amb very consistent in saying that religions, no matter how sensible they are, are a waste of time. Man can bé good with or without them

Atheist boss
so u the boss of the NL atheist group?
Re: Atheist, Why Embracing Buddhism And Not African Philosophy And Spirituality? by Nobody: 9:16pm On Oct 06, 2013

Atheist boss

Somehow, my name keeps cropping up in your bullshit. Show me a perfect man-made system. Religion will continue to thrive as long as man is unable to know everything. Keep being ignorant.+
Re: Atheist, Why Embracing Buddhism And Not African Philosophy And Spirituality? by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:22pm On Oct 06, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Worship is an act of religious devotion usually directed towards a deity. It can also mean respect and love.

You are attributing worship as prayer.... Im asking worshipping of what? Do Ifa says worship anything? Pls answer.

Worship also involves prayer, ritual, and sacrifice . That is our way of worship. And YOrubas do "worship" the Orisha.

Ifa does not need to say. IT is understood.

Creator or creation is religion coming in. In Yoruba spirituality, you know much more that most of their term is symbolic and personifing energies is what brought confusion today. Eledumare is infinite consciousness. The creation legend is more like today science and went far back to big bang. Though it short but deep.

Ifa ORisha is Religion my friend.

Olodumare is the Creator Force/Creator God. Ask any Babalawo and they will tell you that.

Oldumare is the Energy that is involved in anything pertaining to Creation.

Erm... Spirituality or religion is another topic. But sorry, you couldn't show me faith or where Ifa taught that worship this and not this.

I told you, we do not go by set principles. IT is understood. .
Re: Atheist, Why Embracing Buddhism And Not African Philosophy And Spirituality? by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:25pm On Oct 06, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Religion is just pretend spirituality for people who aren't spiritual. It's a completely fake manufactured and branded product that robs people of any real spiritual connections by claiming dominion and copyright over it and misrepresenting what spirituality is.
The difference between being religious and being spiritual is similar to the difference between chewing gum and eating food. What you get out of chewing gum is an illusion of eating but it isn't eating. It misses out pretty much everything that's actually important and nourishing.

which religion?

abrahamism.
Re: Atheist, Why Embracing Buddhism And Not African Philosophy And Spirituality? by macof(m): 9:46pm On Oct 06, 2013
Pagan 9ja
How I would love to post somethings on this thread but I guess I have been ban from that section
www.nairaland.com/1466740/igbo-vs-yoruba-religion#1466740.1
Re: Atheist, Why Embracing Buddhism And Not African Philosophy And Spirituality? by Nobody: 5:17am On Oct 07, 2013
aManFromMars:

Somehow, my name keeps cropping up in your bullshit. Show me a perfect man-made system. Religion will continue to thrive as long as man is unable to know everything. Keep being ignorant.+

?

How did what you wrote there relate to anything in my post?

Who is arguing that there is a perfect man made system?

Who is arguing with you on whether religion will thrive or not?

You then call me ignorant. You are fast becoming one of the most foolish atheists on here. My eyes have opened ever since your betrayal. Freaking judas.
Re: Atheist, Why Embracing Buddhism And Not African Philosophy And Spirituality? by Nobody: 5:38am On Oct 07, 2013
Logicboy03:

?

How did what you wrote there relate to anything in my post?

Who is arguing that there is a perfect man made system?

Who is arguing with you on whether religion will thrive or not?

You then call me ignorant. You are fast becoming one of the most foolish atheists on here. My eyes have opened ever since your betrayal. Freaking judas.
Silly noob. Who cares about your opinion? Betrayal my left yansh.. The current dilapidated state of the non-Christian chat box stands as evidence of how destructive your 'aproko' can be. You are the Judas.
Re: Atheist, Why Embracing Buddhism And Not African Philosophy And Spirituality? by Nobody: 5:44am On Oct 07, 2013
aManFromMars:
Silly noob. Who cares about your opinion? Betrayal my left yansh..

Spoken like a true follower of ishilove. Your left yansh indeed
Re: Atheist, Why Embracing Buddhism And Not African Philosophy And Spirituality? by Nobody: 5:45am On Oct 07, 2013
Logicboy03:

Edited. tongue
Re: Atheist, Why Embracing Buddhism And Not African Philosophy And Spirituality? by Nobody: 5:46am On Oct 07, 2013
Logicboy03:

So all you do these days is log in to troll me? undecided
Re: Atheist, Why Embracing Buddhism And Not African Philosophy And Spirituality? by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:00am On Oct 07, 2013
macof: Pagan 9ja
How I would love to post somethings on this thread but I guess I have been ban from that section
www.nairaland.com/1466740/igbo-vs-yoruba-religion#1466740.1

how long hae you been banned?

what do you want to post? post it here. ill post it for you if you want.
Re: Atheist, Why Embracing Buddhism And Not African Philosophy And Spirituality? by Nobody: 6:50am On Oct 07, 2013
aManFromMars:

So all you do these days is log in to troll me? undecided

You must really think that you Are special.

You are not worth trolling
Re: Atheist, Why Embracing Buddhism And Not African Philosophy And Spirituality? by Nobody: 6:56am On Oct 07, 2013
aManFromMars:
Silly noob. Who cares about your opinion? Betrayal my left yansh.. The current dilapidated state of the non-Christian chat box stands as evidence of how destructive your 'aproko' can be. You are the Judas.

Out of ignorance, the foolish speak.

How can i do 'aproko" as a non christian on a non christian thread?

Is this how much you betray ur fellow atheists?

Furthermore you ignore the fact that ishilove was derailing the non xtian thread with her pals......to you, she wasnt aprokoing......foool

You are sick
Re: Atheist, Why Embracing Buddhism And Not African Philosophy And Spirituality? by Nobody: 7:19am On Oct 07, 2013
Logicboy03: .

Out of ignorance, the foolish speak.

How can i do 'aproko" as a non christian on a non christian thread?

Is this how much you betray ur fellow atheists?

Furthermore you ignore the fact that ishilove was derailing the non xtian thread with her pals......to you, she wasnt aprokoing......foool

You are sick

Bro, if you want to keep foolish grudges, feel free to do so. I'm tired of your nonsense. This is my last reply to you on this matter.

1 Like

Re: Atheist, Why Embracing Buddhism And Not African Philosophy And Spirituality? by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:56am On Oct 07, 2013

Atheist boss

How are you going to deal with this?

logicboy:
64% of Japanese are atheist many of them do not know who Dawkins is.

https://www.nairaland.com/951853/atheism-not-religion-hardcore-debate#10971382
Re: Atheist, Why Embracing Buddhism And Not African Philosophy And Spirituality? by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:00am On Oct 07, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

Worship also involves prayer, ritual, and sacrifice . That is our way of worship. And YOrubas do "worship" the Orisha.

Ifa does not need to say. IT is understood.

Ifa ORisha is Religion my friend.

Olodumare is the Creator Force/Creator God. Ask any Babalawo and they will tell you that.

Oldumare is the Energy that is involved in anything pertaining to Creation.

I told you, we do not go by set principles. IT is understood. .

No need arguing since you cant show me faith in Ifa or where it stated in the corpus of Ifa that believe and worship so so and so.

I promise to open a thread for discussing spirituality and religion. Cheers man
Re: Atheist, Why Embracing Buddhism And Not African Philosophy And Spirituality? by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:02am On Oct 07, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

which religion?

abrahamism.

All religion. It has eaten up and infected spirituality.
Re: Atheist, Why Embracing Buddhism And Not African Philosophy And Spirituality? by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:07am On Oct 07, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

No need arguing since you cant show me faith in Ifa or where it stated in the corpus of Ifa that believe and worship so so and so.

Sir a final point. how the heck am I sposed to show you faith?! Faith is something that is experienced. have you seen Yorubas pray even?

I have told you before, Ifa doesnt go by statements. YOu are just going by the theory. these are not abrahamic faiths that are dictated by what is stated.

Are you trying to form your own version of Ifa? Are you the African prophet? THe black jesus?
Re: Atheist, Why Embracing Buddhism And Not African Philosophy And Spirituality? by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:07am On Oct 07, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

All religion. It has eaten up and infected spirituality.

I dont see which religion can be as worse as abrahamic faiths.
Re: Atheist, Why Embracing Buddhism And Not African Philosophy And Spirituality? by Nobody: 10:07am On Oct 07, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

Sir a final point. how the heck am I sposed to show you faith?! Faith is something that is experienced. have you seen Yorubas pray even?

I have told you before, Ifa doesnt go by statements. YOu are just going by the theory. these are not abrahamic faiths that are dicatated by what is stated.

Are you trying to form your own version of Ifa? Are you the African prophet? THe black jesus?

Aaahhhhh!!
Re: Atheist, Why Embracing Buddhism And Not African Philosophy And Spirituality? by nnofaith: 10:39am On Oct 07, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

what is the essence of sacrifice (ebo) in ifa "philosophy" then?
Re: Atheist, Why Embracing Buddhism And Not African Philosophy And Spirituality? by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:40am On Oct 07, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

I have told you before, Ifa doesnt go by statements. YOu are just going by the theory. these are not abrahamic faiths that are dictated by what is stated.

lol.

Have you ever heard "Igbagbo" in Ifa once?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Islamic Scholar Promotes Adult Breastfeeding. Update: He has Been Suspended / Lies Told By 'Jesus' / Upgrade Your Life: Pastor Chris

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.