Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,591 members, 7,809,145 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:12 AM

My Friend Has A Crush On Me But I Have A Boyfriend.... - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Friend Has A Crush On Me But I Have A Boyfriend.... (4831 Views)

Is Anything Wrong In Marrying A Girl Your Know A Friend Has Slept With? / My Good Friend Has Slept With The Girl I Want To Marry, What Should I Do?‎ / My Friend Has Been Seducing Me- I'm Confused. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Friend Has A Crush On Me But I Have A Boyfriend.... by missy9: 1:46am On Oct 06, 2013
My friend recently joked that he is waiting for me and my bf to break up so he can ask me out. I didn't know he has feelings for me until then. We have not been friends for very long. What do you guys think I should do? Please help...
Re: My Friend Has A Crush On Me But I Have A Boyfriend.... by Nobody: 1:50am On Oct 06, 2013
Like you said, you have a boyfriend. Tell him to respect you and your boyfriend. Simple as that. Or do you have feelings for him too?
Re: My Friend Has A Crush On Me But I Have A Boyfriend.... by Nobody: 1:50am On Oct 06, 2013
stick to ur bf! If possible get rid of ur friend!
Re: My Friend Has A Crush On Me But I Have A Boyfriend.... by boss123: 1:52am On Oct 06, 2013
Break up with ur BF and go out with ur friend ☺‎​
Re: My Friend Has A Crush On Me But I Have A Boyfriend.... by missy9: 1:56am On Oct 06, 2013
No, I don't like my friend at all and I love my bf.
Re: My Friend Has A Crush On Me But I Have A Boyfriend.... by FindOut(m): 1:56am On Oct 06, 2013
ogugua88: Like you said, you have a boyfriend. Tell him to respect you and your boyfriend. Simple as that. Or do you have feelings for him too?

Since she had to open a thread for the matter, the answer to that is very likely yes.lol

@OP, Can you pls answer these 3 'queshins':
Why do you think you have to do anything?
What do you think you should do?
What are you expecting us to tell you to do?

Edit:
missy9: No, I don't like my friend at all and I love my bf.
OK o, OP, seen your reply. I assumed wrong. grin undecided

1 Like

Re: My Friend Has A Crush On Me But I Have A Boyfriend.... by missy9: 2:02am On Oct 06, 2013
I just want to know what other people would do or what you would expect if you were my bf. I feel like his comment was mild and am not sure I want to totally dump him as a friend, but I also feel like my bf would expect me to get rid of him.
Re: My Friend Has A Crush On Me But I Have A Boyfriend.... by swtchicgurl: 2:13am On Oct 06, 2013
missy9: I just want to know what other people would do or what you would expect if you were my bf. I feel like his comment was mild and am not sure I want to totally dump him as a friend, but I also feel like my bf would expect me to get rid of him.

smh!

so u're gonna chase away all the men in ur life because of a boyfriend that probably won't land you before the altar!

what makes you think you love your bf sef? mtcheeew

everyone around around you have a role to play in your destiny whether good or bad, identify them and take your decisions!

4 Likes

Re: My Friend Has A Crush On Me But I Have A Boyfriend.... by FindOut(m): 2:16am On Oct 06, 2013
missy9: I just want to know what other people would do or what you would expect if you were my bf. I feel like his comment was mild and am not sure I want to totally dump him as a friend, but I also feel like my bf would expect me to get rid of him.

You said he "joked". Yeah, we know some of these things dey start from play play but if he hasn't made any advances, i wonder why you are bothered enough to want to do anything about it....which is why I initially assumed you were also having some feelings for him. Any sensible boyfriend should know that there'll always be other guys wanting to take his place and that it is almost pointless trying to keep you away from all of them coz ultimately, YOU are the one who will determine if anything will happen or not. Since you r not sure what your boyfriend will "expect", maybe you should ask him & then do as 'His Boyfrienship' pleases.

Long story short, as far as I can see, the best answer to your case is "do whatever YOU like" smiley

1 Like

Re: My Friend Has A Crush On Me But I Have A Boyfriend.... by Nobody: 2:23am On Oct 06, 2013
Please, don't assume you know what your bf would do. You need to be clear with your friend and if he gets out of line, you may need to start distancing yourself. It's your choice to tell your bf or not.

Last week I allowed a guy to touch my hair after he asked questions about my ethnicity. I thought it was weird but harmless- my bf wasn't amused when I later told him this in jest. But at least, I now know his stance on hair-touching grin. Best advice is to be as transparent as possible with your bf if you intend to stay with him in the long term.

1 Like

Re: My Friend Has A Crush On Me But I Have A Boyfriend.... by Nobody: 2:25am On Oct 06, 2013
Make sure you don't give into any of his advances, if you really love your bf.
Re: My Friend Has A Crush On Me But I Have A Boyfriend.... by swtchicgurl: 2:29am On Oct 06, 2013
Flytefalls:
Please, don't assume you know what your bf would do. You need to be clear with your friend and if he gets out of line, you may need to start distancing yourself. It's your choice to tell your bf or not.

Last week I allowed a guy to touch my hair after he asked questions about my ethnicity. I thought it was weird but harmless- my bf wasn't amused when I later told him this in jest. But at least, I now know his stance on hair-touching grin. Best advice is to be as transparent as possible with your bf if you intend to stay with him in the long term.

embarassed
Re: My Friend Has A Crush On Me But I Have A Boyfriend.... by Nobody: 2:31am On Oct 06, 2013
swtchicgurl:

embarassed
Re: My Friend Has A Crush On Me But I Have A Boyfriend.... by swtchicgurl: 2:36am On Oct 06, 2013
Flytefalls:

any romantic relationship without a potential for marriage is a waste of time on 'long term'.

3 Likes

Re: My Friend Has A Crush On Me But I Have A Boyfriend.... by Brimmie(m): 2:46am On Oct 06, 2013
He wants your punna and wanna do the "Friends with Benefit" !

1 Like

Re: My Friend Has A Crush On Me But I Have A Boyfriend.... by Nobody: 2:55am On Oct 06, 2013
swtchicgurl:

any romantic relationship without a potential for marriage is a waste of time on 'long term'.
Not necessarily. Marriage is not a widescale common goal. Some couples construct their relationships with little view towards the future due to fear, history, other commitments...

(actually dozed off there shocked) goodnight people!

1 Like

Re: My Friend Has A Crush On Me But I Have A Boyfriend.... by badmeat(m): 3:34am On Oct 06, 2013
@op!if u wan nack akpako with ya friend,do it secretly,no need to come worry us for here,after all kpekus nor get meter,goodluck,sad

1 Like

Re: My Friend Has A Crush On Me But I Have A Boyfriend.... by tellwisdom: 6:18am On Oct 06, 2013
Even with your flat yansh, you still dey resist toasting?? sad # smh sad
Re: My Friend Has A Crush On Me But I Have A Boyfriend.... by freecocoa(f): 8:00am On Oct 06, 2013
I don't even get what the fuss is about, dude hasn't made any advances and you are already running helter skelter, hmm seems like you sef dey feeling da boy.

Btw your boyfriend, as far as I'm concerned has no business in this issue so I don't see the need to tell him let alone assume what he'll do.
Re: My Friend Has A Crush On Me But I Have A Boyfriend.... by ebamma(m): 8:52am On Oct 06, 2013
missy9: No, I don't like my friend at all and I love my bf.
you dont like your friend at all, and he is a friend #am confused here
Re: My Friend Has A Crush On Me But I Have A Boyfriend.... by Nobody: 9:07am On Oct 06, 2013
everyone around you have a
role to play in your destiny whether
good or bad, identify them and
take your decisions!
Re: My Friend Has A Crush On Me But I Have A Boyfriend.... by Situation: 9:49am On Oct 06, 2013
Do i have to visit the rentals and buy yu “two can play the game movie“..*buzz*
Re: My Friend Has A Crush On Me But I Have A Boyfriend.... by bassette(m): 10:01am On Oct 06, 2013
freecocoa: I don't even get what the fuss is about, dude hasn't made any advances and you are already running helter skelter, hmm seems like you sef dey feeling da boy.

Btw your boyfriend, as far as I'm concerned has no business in this issue so I don't see the need to tell him let alone assume what he'll do.
freecocoa has spoken...Just my tots
Re: My Friend Has A Crush On Me But I Have A Boyfriend.... by WackyJ1(m): 10:17am On Oct 06, 2013
It's girls asking Questions like this that make me lose faith in a Girl's ability to be Faithful. SMH

I hope the boyfriend has a backup so that he does not have his heart broken by this Weak willed Girl.

For you the OP. it is not just by Love that you can remain faithful to your boyfriend, It doesn't just end in love.
There are two things that you need to stay loyal to your boyfriend and they are
DISCIPLINE AND COMMITMENT, the addition of these two equals loyalty. If you do not have any of these two no matter how much you claim to Love your boyfriend you will still make a Mistake, that is what you'll be calling it when you finally do it and then you'll be telling your boyfriend crap like "it wasn't your fault", "I thought it was just a harmless joke" "i didn't see any reason to tell you, i thought it wasn't a big deal and i could handle it".

Loyalty shows strength of Character. Treat your partner how you would like to be treated

1 Like

Re: My Friend Has A Crush On Me But I Have A Boyfriend.... by Salawu164(m): 1:00pm On Oct 06, 2013
how does that reduce d price of garri in d market? ??

Re: My Friend Has A Crush On Me But I Have A Boyfriend.... by Nobody: 1:44pm On Oct 06, 2013
U said he made a joke about it. Op why are you disturbing us angry According to the joke, hez not even going to snatch, you,hiz willing to wait till u and ur bf call it quitz.don't disturb your brain over a joke abeg undecided even if the joke becomez serious u have alredi said you love your bf and not your friend. So am very sure you shld know how to turn him down calmly when that time comes which may never happen angry angry angry
Re: My Friend Has A Crush On Me But I Have A Boyfriend.... by WackyJ1(m): 2:17pm On Oct 06, 2013
thareta: U said he made a joke about it. Op why are you disturbing us angry According to the joke, hez not even going to snatch, you,hiz willing to wait till u and ur bf call it quitz.don't disturb your brain over a joke abeg undecided even if the joke becomez serious u have alredi said you love your bf and not your friend. So am very sure you shld know how to turn him down calmly when that time comes which may never happen angry angry angry
It's like you're the latest naive girl on the block, How can you be very sure based on just her words? With you ladies it is best to look at actions and not words
Re: My Friend Has A Crush On Me But I Have A Boyfriend.... by Nobody: 2:59pm On Oct 06, 2013
WackyJ1:
It's like you're the latest naive girl on the block, How can you be very sure based on just her words? With you ladies it is best to look at actions and not words

Am not the lastest naïve gurl okayangry the thread is unecesary.if she really likes the friend she shld come out and say so.
Re: My Friend Has A Crush On Me But I Have A Boyfriend.... by jplay(m): 4:40pm On Oct 06, 2013
Yield:
Make sure you don't give into any of his advances, if you really love your bf.

sexy girl i have found u, can we chat pls yield?
Re: My Friend Has A Crush On Me But I Have A Boyfriend.... by Nobody: 5:01pm On Oct 06, 2013
Give him a Bleep. It's obvious you are somewhat interested, enough to create a topic about this. Truth is you enjoy all the attention he gives you
Re: My Friend Has A Crush On Me But I Have A Boyfriend.... by Nobody: 5:06pm On Oct 06, 2013
What you should do?. Dump your bf then since at this your age you're still clueless undecided
Re: My Friend Has A Crush On Me But I Have A Boyfriend.... by 50calibre(m): 5:18pm On Oct 06, 2013
What type of OP is this? Trying to create a mountain out of an anthill.

The guy just made a joke & you blew it way out of proportion. I ask you, who did you meet first, your friend or your boyfriend? Boyfriends come & go, easy!! Friends don't come that easy, don't lose a good friend over nonsense.

This is why I distance myself from girls with boyfriends.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lwkmd: Guy Beats Up A NL Girl D First Time They Met Posts Pix On Bbm(pix) / What Are Those Very Important Stuff U Won't Leave Home Without / Why We Want To Marry Virgins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.