Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,166 members, 7,849,602 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 05:34 AM

Christianity Is Irrational (10 questions) - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christianity Is Irrational (10 questions) (5507 Views)

Why Are Atheists All Over The World So Slow And Irrational / Atheism Is Irrational. / 3 Reasons Why Theism Is Irrational Compared To Atheism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christianity Is Irrational (10 questions) by Nobody: 6:20am On Oct 08, 2013
InesQor: @ifeness

Dude act your age naa! Must you insult people to pass your message across?

Have you never learnt to have a conversation like an educated person? That's such a shame.

Sometimes you need to yell at Christians to make them get the point. Someone took time to show you the flaws that should make you question your miserable religion. Read and think about it without trying to derail the thread.
Re: Christianity Is Irrational (10 questions) by InesQor(m): 6:24am On Oct 08, 2013
ifeness:
Sometimes you need to yell at Christians to make them get the point. Someone took time to show you the flaws that should make you question your miserable religion. Read and think about it without trying to derail the thread.

@ifeness:

Yelling or being verbally abusive just shows a lack of self-control, and has no impact on the efficacy of one's argument. In fact most times it shows that the person's logic has failed and he/she is getting sorely frustrated. This is commonly referred to as the argumentum ad hominem fallacy.

Actually there is nothing new in the OP. I am sure that I have answered almost all the questions there before, on this very forum, in one way or the other. There is nothing new to think about here.
Re: Christianity Is Irrational (10 questions) by badmeat(m): 8:26am On Oct 08, 2013
I know God lives,HE created this earth and all the universe,He has a tangible body of flesh n bones,He created human with Agency(choice),we r free to chose our actions but we can't influence the consequences,thosE that doubt if God exist are exhibiting their free will n should be allowed to do so,
Re: Christianity Is Irrational (10 questions) by Nobody: 8:28am On Oct 08, 2013
bad meat: I know God lives,HE created this earth and all the universe,He has a tangible body of flesh n bones,He created human with Agency(choice),we r free to chose our actions but we can't influence the consequences,thosE that doubt if God exist are exhibiting their free will n should be allowed to do so,

God has a tangible body of flesh and bones? He should be dead by now.....flesh perishes.

1 Like

Re: Christianity Is Irrational (10 questions) by Nobody: 9:06am On Oct 08, 2013
My problem with you is that you are already made up on what to agree on. No matter of explanation can make you happy.
The reason being that you don't know how to use the logic you so much ascribe your posts to.
Discussing anything with you is a waste of time because you are not open-minded. Atheism awakens some, but for you, it has locked up your thinking faculty.
I'm serious about this.
Re: Christianity Is Irrational (10 questions) by Nobody: 9:19am On Oct 08, 2013
Reyginus: My problem with you is that you are already made up on what to agree on. No matter of explanation can make you happy.
The reason being that you don't know how to use the logic you so much ascribe your posts to.
Discussing anything with you is a waste of time because you are not open-minded. Atheism awakens some, but for you, it has locked up your thinking faculty.
I'm serious about this.

lol......why so butthurt?

You very well know that I am the dark knight of logic... cool

Seriously though, erm how am I close-minded?
Re: Christianity Is Irrational (10 questions) by Nobody: 9:26am On Oct 08, 2013
Logicboy03:

lol......why so butthurt?

You very well know that I am the dark knight of logic... cool

Seriously though, erm how am I close-minded?
Butthurt for where! You know what I mean.
You've lost the ability to think things through.
Once you say a thing is not true, no amount of evidence will make you change your position.
That's too bad for a young man.
Re: Christianity Is Irrational (10 questions) by Nobody: 9:30am On Oct 08, 2013
Reyginus: Butthurt for where! You know what I mean.
You've lost the ability to think things through.
Once you say a thing is not true, no amount of evidence will make you change your position.
That's too bad for a young man.

I remember being older than you.....

Anyhoo....I am open to debate. It is not like you say it is.
Re: Christianity Is Irrational (10 questions) by Nobody: 9:59am On Oct 08, 2013
Logicboy03:

I remember being older than you.....

Anyhoo....I am open to debate. It is not like you say it is.
Lol. Let's be sincere here, lb, you are not. You have a default answer for everything.
What worth is your atheism if you are not a truth seeker?
Re: Christianity Is Irrational (10 questions) by noblefada: 10:38am On Oct 08, 2013
@LB so so true, Christianity is completely irrational, what were u expecting?
Re: Christianity Is Irrational (10 questions) by badmeat(m): 11:06am On Oct 08, 2013
Logicboy03:

God has a tangible body of flesh and bones? He should be dead by now.....flesh perishes.
God is eternal,man is eternal,matter is eternal,man n matter cannot be destroyed,but can change from one form to another,even in maths we have what we call infinity!both matter n humans come from an immortal God,an Eternal thus they r eternal!
Re: Christianity Is Irrational (10 questions) by Nobody: 11:09am On Oct 08, 2013
Reyginus: Lol. Let's be sincere here, lb, you are not. You have a default answer for everything.
What worth is your atheism if you are not a truth seeker?

lol....have you been stalking me
Re: Christianity Is Irrational (10 questions) by Nobody: 11:10am On Oct 08, 2013
bad meat: God is eternal,man is eternal,matter is eternal,man n matter cannot be destroyed,but can change from one form to another,even in maths we have what we call infinity!both matter n humans come from an immortal God,an Eternal thus they r eternal!

Yawn
Re: Christianity Is Irrational (10 questions) by Nobody: 11:10am On Oct 08, 2013
noblefada: @LB so so true, Christianity is completely irrational, what were u expecting?

tbh, I dont even know
Re: Christianity Is Irrational (10 questions) by Nobody: 11:11am On Oct 08, 2013
InesQor:

@ifeness:

Yelling or being verbally abusive just shows a lack of self-control, and has no impact on the efficacy of one's argument. In fact most times it shows that the person's logic has failed and he/she is getting sorely frustrated. This is commonly referred to as the argumentum ad hominem fallacy.

Actually there is nothing new in the OP. I am sure that I have answered almost all the questions there before, on this very forum, in one way or the other. There is nothing new to think about here.
NOW THIS IS WHAT IS DONT LIKE WITH XTIANS.
you ve now succeeded in derailing the thread and debunking ifeness. I often see this times without no. You just showed cowardice to unbelievers who want to believe. How do you expect a seeking unbeliever to see those questions and not demand answers. That's what debates are meant for. All you did was to throw insults at Lb, no answers.
It simply means that bible god shouldn't be taken serious afterall.

1 Like

Re: Christianity Is Irrational (10 questions) by InesQor(m): 11:39am On Oct 08, 2013
@nwuyag

What insults did I throw (sic) at Logicboy03? undecided undecided

Well I dont think I need to prove a point to you but for some reason I'll really like to clear the air of such an accusation.

I guess you're new. Every seasoned member of the religion board knows that I usually respond to questions and/or create threads to discuss what I believe. The fact that I'm not doing that with Logicboy03 shows that I have - thanks to history - better reason in this case: and this has been aptly summed by Reyginus above.

Reyginus: My problem with you is that you are already made up on what to agree on. No matter of explanation can make you happy.
I'm serious about this.

Had it been wiegraf or mazaje or another honest (in my opinion) atheist I would gladly delve in. Some other things are just not worth the required time and the opportunity cost in monetary form.
Re: Christianity Is Irrational (10 questions) by noblefada: 11:39am On Oct 08, 2013
Logicboy03:

tbh, I dont even know
Then just get over it, Christianity is irrational, it has always been n will always be, logic will never be able to explain or understand it.
Re: Christianity Is Irrational (10 questions) by Nobody: 12:14pm On Oct 08, 2013
smiley cheesy grin smiley
Re: Christianity Is Irrational (10 questions) by Nobody: 12:58pm On Oct 08, 2013
InesQor: @nwuyag

What insults did I throw (sic) at Logicboy03? undecided undecided

Well I dont think I need to prove a point to you but for some reason I'll really like to clear the air of such an accusation.

I guess you're new. Every seasoned member of the religion board knows that I usually respond to questions and/or create threads to discuss what I believe. The fact that I'm not doing that with Logicboy03 shows that I have - thanks to history - better reason in this case: and this has been aptly summed by Reyginus above.

Had it been wiegraf or mazaje or another honest (in my opinion) atheist I would gladly delve in. Some other things are just not worth the required time and the opportunity cost in monetary form.
yh, sorry....I got. you well.
I quoted your last post cos it wqs the last I saw bashing ifeness. and when I said "throwing insults", I did not. mean direct insults and was not specifically referring to you.

on the matter, you might have a problem witb lb, but I did see some reasonable questions in what he said especially nos 2, 3, 4, 7, 9,10. while others did not really bother me but still need clarification...

I am no lb, so can you explain those( I am not gullibe, so expect questions)
Re: Christianity Is Irrational (10 questions) by UyiIredia(m): 1:20pm On Oct 08, 2013
SMH @ switchcgurl. So Christianity is irrational . . . and okay that way. Indeed, you are deluded.
Re: Christianity Is Irrational (10 questions) by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:28pm On Oct 08, 2013
Logicboy, have you seen "The Life of Pi"?
Re: Christianity Is Irrational (10 questions) by Nobody: 1:33pm On Oct 08, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: Logicboy, have you seen "The Life of Pi"?

No angry

have it on my laptop but not bothered to watch it...some indian looking guy like muskeeto travelling like Sinbad?
Re: Christianity Is Irrational (10 questions) by plaetton: 2:00pm On Oct 08, 2013
Sorry to derail, but important newsflash.

Newsflash:
It has just been reported that demons are sending sms to Joagbaje!

It is proof that with god, nothing is impossible.
lol.
Re: Christianity Is Irrational (10 questions) by Nobody: 2:02pm On Oct 08, 2013
I believe in God but I cosign the idea that Christianity (and any of the three major religions for that matter)
is irrational.

They are.

They control more minds than they do lead souls to salvation.
And that's a fact!! wink When you are told that your very existence as a species is the result of sin, you KNOW something is wrong. grin

2 Likes

Re: Christianity Is Irrational (10 questions) by Nobody: 2:13pm On Oct 08, 2013
*Kails*:
I believe in God but I cosign the idea that Christianity (and any of the three major religions for that matter)
are irrational.

They are.

They control more minds than they do lead souls to salvation.
And that's a fact!! wink When you are told that your very existence as a species is the result of sin, you KNOW something is wrong. grin

just even look at the post above you.....a christian is now claiming to recieve texts from demons embarassed

1 Like

Re: Christianity Is Irrational (10 questions) by badmeat(m): 2:18pm On Oct 08, 2013
Logicboy03:

Yawn
why yawn bro,let's discuss,cheesy
Re: Christianity Is Irrational (10 questions) by AlfaSeltzer(m): 2:20pm On Oct 08, 2013
Logicboy03:

No angry

have it on my laptop but not bothered to watch it...some indian looking guy like muskeeto travelling like Sinbad?

Watch it. It might answer some of the questions in your op.
Re: Christianity Is Irrational (10 questions) by macof(m): 2:54pm On Oct 08, 2013
swtchicgurl: Logicboy03,

Are you sure that you are an atheist? What you said that "Christianity is Irrational" is one of the deepest truths about Christianity.

I must say I'm impressed that you discovered this: Christianity is Irrational!!! Some christians don't even know this!!!

WOW!!! Glory be to God Almighty!

It is the will of God that Christianity is Irrational. Look here:

John 3:8

Luke 1:37

Isaiah 55:8-9

The life of a Christian is a life of wonder, one that cannot be easily understood. because you're different from the others. Remember, the life of Christ was a big headache for many during His time on earth, they just couldn't fathom the kind of wisdom He carried and the lifestyle he had. Including, performing jaw-dropping miracles!!!

The fact that you opened this thread confirms to me that God loves you so much that He revealed a deep secret to you. Yes, you, He loves you so much! He will normally reveal this kind of information to those that He loves and has a plan for.

Congratulations, Logicboy03, you're a lot closer to being a christian that ever. Please don't stop studying the Bible! cheesy cheesy cheesy

God bless you dearly.
Pls answer the questions
Re: Christianity Is Irrational (10 questions) by Nobody: 2:55pm On Oct 08, 2013
Logicboy03:

just even look at the post above you.....a christian is now claiming to recieve texts from demons embarassed

LMFAO! grin

wow...
Re: Christianity Is Irrational (10 questions) by Nobody: 2:56pm On Oct 08, 2013
Uyi Iredia: SMH @ switchcgurl. So Christianity is irrational . . . and okay that way. Indeed, you are deluded.

grin grin
Re: Christianity Is Irrational (10 questions) by Nobody: 2:58pm On Oct 08, 2013
bad meat: why yawn bro,let's discuss,cheesy

lol..what do you have in mind
Re: Christianity Is Irrational (10 questions) by macof(m): 3:01pm On Oct 08, 2013
swtchicgurl:

It really doesn't matter if we are dull or not. The important thing is that true christians carry the WISDOM OF GOD! Remeber, Jesus did not come for the 'healthy', he came for the 'sick'. Thank you Jesus, the Great Physician, who specializes in making dull people who ACCEPTS Him and makes them wise with the WISDOM of God. HALLELUYAH!

The Bible is the reason why I'm on this thread. It says: "Love your neighbour as yourself".

Haaa! in all honesty, I will have to open a full thread with countless pages to describe God and all He has done for me 'recently'!

Jesus is Lord!
making dull people wise grin grin are u wise now?
so is the bible the only thing that preaches "love ur neighbour as yourself"?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Is Jesus Christ A Descendant Of King David? / Gifts Of The Holyspirit : I Can Tell The Ones You Have / My Presence Affecting Other People In A Psychic Way. HELP.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.