Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,241 members, 7,839,265 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:00 PM

Christianity Is Irrational (10 questions) - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christianity Is Irrational (10 questions) (5498 Views)

Why Are Atheists All Over The World So Slow And Irrational / Atheism Is Irrational. / 3 Reasons Why Theism Is Irrational Compared To Atheism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Re: Christianity Is Irrational (10 questions) by macof(m): 3:51am On Oct 16, 2013
Image123:
It's called a miracle. A lack of exposure and belief in miracles will leave the reader continuously confused and exasperated no matter the logic used to explain a miracle.
See this for instance, the other half of His chromosomes come from God.

Yes there is. The wages/consequence of sin is death. Jesus came to die, so that we do not have to die again. Hahahaha, that raises about 50 different questions doesn't it?
Okay, well, in the God world, there are consequences for actions. Man was created in God's image. If he sins, he dies. Like if you tear your flesh, blood comes out. Don't ask me silly questions like why does blood come out. Hohohohoho.

All His prophets are not jews. Abraham was the first jew, and God had been speaking to people before Abraham. He spoke to Adam, spoke to Cain etc. Those are two people on record that He spoke to and would not operate in faith. Faith is dependence on God. God made man to depend on Him, unfortunately, man wants to be independent of God. God spared Noah, a non jew, and established a covenant with him. Who can tell how many people God spoke to but they refused to obey and walk in faith before Abraham? Abraham chose to walk by faith. He walked and passed the tests so much that God made a covenant with him, to bless the whole world through him. He made covenants with others after him too.
Gen 12:1 Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will show thee:
Gen 12:2 And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing:
Gen 12:3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.
The bold shows that God had the whole world in mind from the start, not just Abraham and his descendants. Its like today, God is speaking through the Bible. Image123 is listening, logicb is not. In 100years, logicb's shildrens will then be asking silly question about how God loves Image123 more than logicb. shocked shocked shocked

Jews and Hebrews are not the first humans on earth, even the Bible makes no such claims. On two becoming 7billion, there was no family planning just 50 years ago. It was not rare and is still heard in some quarters of a man having 20 children, 50 children etc. Even without the God influence, this is very realistic.

Homosexuality is legally punishable by death in some parts of the world. It is a crime for women to drive in some parts of the world. Where there is no law, there is no sin. That is BTW. Jesus'actions were legal and the jews knew it. They had turned the temple into a business centre, they were the wrong ones. Its like turning the road to selling points and hawking area. You and your goods are liable to being confiscated, gerrit?
Jer 7:11 Is this house, which is called by my name, become a den of robbers in your eyes? Behold, even I have seen it, saith the LORD.

Everybody has their role to play in the kingdom. A man cannot be a queen and a woman cannot be a king. That is basic order. This has nothing to do with being merciful. Every employer has a criteria. It can be age, like you may not employ a 90yr old or a 6yr old for a particular job. It might be educational qualification, it might be height or physical disability like in paramilitary and co. God also has requirements for different positions. What you need is a paradigm shift.

To sacrifice is to give up something valued. So yes, Jesus sacrificed Himself. He became a man for more than 30years. he was made lower than the angels whom He was supposedly head of for eternity(many many years). He gave up His glory. Can you give up your position as president to go become an animal for a couple of weeks? He did it because there was no one else. All man was corrupt by default, there needed to be an uncorrupt man to offer an acceptable sacrifice.

The Bible is complete. It contains everything that is needed for salvation and pleasing God.
Rev 22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

Inbreeding occurred.

How is that irrational. Is like saying you find it irrational for a child to have the characteristics of the father. Though what you have listed is twisted, but that is basically what you are saying.

This guy is still in primary school, he would believe anything, even superman is real in his brain
Re: Christianity Is Irrational (10 questions) by Image123(m): 3:49pm On Oct 16, 2013
macof:

This guy is still in primary school, he would believe anything, even superman is real in his brain

Learn to discuss tangibly, this is a forum. Simply highlight my statements and logically ask questions. Now try that.
Re: Christianity Is Irrational (10 questions) by Nobody: 3:56pm On Oct 16, 2013
macof:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

shocked

grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Are You Preparing how to be living From September 2015 / Christianity And Drinking Of Wine / Do All Full Time Pastors In Redeem Christian Church Of God Earn Monthly Salary?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.