Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,519 members, 7,812,612 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:11 PM

Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams (14014 Views)

I Always See My Wife Having Extra Marital Affairs In My Dreams: Husband / How To Achieve Better Communication Skills / Does Being Married Hinder Some Dreams? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by boay(m): 9:32am On Nov 28, 2013
I dont understand that mail.
Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by ifyalways(f): 9:33am On Nov 28, 2013
boay:

Please the 2 posts above seems to be contradictory.
I don't get but let me try . . .

First Post :
I spoke with the OP and he told me that one of the lecturers told him that the state Governor have instructed the school's VC to open the payment portal. So,it is likely that the portal will be opened this week.

Second post:
Tsmith suggested I transfer the raised funds to the OP and i asked if anyone has an objection to that.

All Ok now,dear undecided
Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by boay(m): 9:35am On Nov 28, 2013
ifyalways: I don't get but let me try . . .

First Post :
I spoke with the OP and he told me that one of the lecturers told him that the state Governor have instructed the school's VC to open the payment portal. So,it is likely that the portal will be opened this week.

Second post:
Tsmith suggested I transfer the raised funds to the OP and i asked if anyone has an objection to that.

All Ok now,dear undecided
yes. Thanks
Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by Nobody: 9:36am On Nov 28, 2013
Nope. I still feel Ifyalways should hold on to the money so we are sure there is money available to pay immediately the site is re-opened. If the money is given to him now, he might use it for other pressing needs. Then what happens when he needs it for his fees?

The money will eventually be given it to him whether or not they re-open the site.

1 Like

Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by boay(m): 9:42am On Nov 28, 2013
Phema: Nope. I still feel Ifyalways should hold on to the money so we are sure there is money available to pay immediately the site is re-opened. If the money is given to him now, he might use it for other pressing needs. Then what happens when he needs it for his fees?

The money will eventually be given it to him whether or not they re-open it the site.
SECONDED
Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by ifyalways(f): 6:18pm On Dec 01, 2013
In less than 1 week's time,final exams starts and OP (and others who have not paid their fees) won't be allowed in. The VC,in his email said the OP will hear from the school's registrar but up till now,nothing.

I think I should transfer the funds to OP because,as things are,the portal may be opened at any time and we don't know how long it will stay open.I will hate myself if for any reason(logistics like delay with transfer,bad network,being busy or whatever), i fail to transfer the funds on time.
Please,what do y'all think ?

1 Like

Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by boay(m): 6:58pm On Dec 01, 2013
ifyalways: In less than 1 week's time,final exams starts and OP (and others who have not paid their fees) won't be allowed in. The VC,in his email said the OP will hear from the school's registrar but up till now,nothing.

I think I should transfer the funds to OP because,as things are,the portal may be opened at any time and we don't know how long it will stay open.I will hate myself if for any reason(logistics like delay with transfer,bad network,being busy or whatever), i fail to transfer the funds on time.
Please,what do y'all think ?
HUM!!!! Nice thought. I think nothing is wrong with your suggestion considering the points you gave. I only hope and pray that the OP will be faithful and not give in to the temptation to spend the money on something else. I STRONGLY support your suggestion
Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by ifyalways(f): 12:07pm On Dec 02, 2013
cry
I got an email late last night from the OP and the contents was that the VC asked him to go meet the Registrar this morning as its the registrar that will decide their fate.

I called the OP now to find out how the meeting went and he said his (and other 400 level students) appeal was not considered. Him and other 400 level students now have to defer their studies till next session ie 2014/2015.

Very sad. I feel really bad for the OP. I have not transferred the funds to the OP so if any of the donors want a refund,send me an email otherwise,the funds will be kept for the OP for resumption next year. I'm open for any other suggestions though.

1 Like

Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by onegig(m): 12:25pm On Dec 02, 2013
ifyalways: cry
I got an email late last night from the OP and the contents was that the VC asked him to go meet the Registrar this morning as its the registrar that will decide their fate.

I called the OP now to find out how the meeting went and he said his (and other 400 level students) appeal was not considered. Him and other 400 level students now have to defer their studies till next session ie 2014/2015.

Very sad. I feel really bad for the OP. I have not transferred the funds to the OP so if any of the donors want a refund,send me an email otherwise,the funds will be kept for the OP for resumption next year. I'm open for any other suggestions though.
Very sad news. Come to think of it what would it cost the school to just open a portal link? I just got to understand now that black people are the wickediest people in the whole world. So these guys have to waste another year on such a simple issue? Damn! Don't they consider the moral and physical implications of their actions on these students?
Chai..'seriously am angry at this bleeped up country.

5 Likes

Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by ayili: 3:20pm On Dec 02, 2013
onegig: Very sad news. Come to think of it what would it cost the school to just open a portal link? I just got to understand now that black people are the wickediest people in the whole world. So these guys have to waste another year on such a simple issue? Damn! Don't they consider the moral and physical implications of their actions on these students?

am still trying to understand how or why they could open the portal for other returning students but they cant do likewise for the final year students who needs it (opend portal ) most..
Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by Nobody: 4:35pm On Dec 02, 2013
Ouch! That Hurts! angry

Op, there is always a reason for everything. Hang in there, it will be over before you know it.

@Ifyalways, please I suggest you transfer the money to the OP. I think he is mature and wise enough to place his priorities right and do the needful.

1 Like

Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by ifyalways(f): 5:27pm On Dec 02, 2013
onegig: Very sad news. Come to think of it what would it cost the school to just open a portal link? I just got to understand now that black people are the wickediest people in the whole world. So these guys have to waste another year on such a simple issue? Damn! Don't they consider the moral and physical implications of their actions on these students?
Pure wickedness, I tell you.
Maybe the senator's abi reps son was not a final year student?
@Phema,noted ! Expecting others input .
Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by Nobody: 6:22pm On Dec 02, 2013
@all, I want to use this opportunity to thank everyone who have contributed to this thread financially and otherwise. I say a very big thank you to you all. Your actions have made me to believe that we still have good and kind-hearted Nigerians. You all supported me not minding my religious or ethnic background.

A Nairalander with the username "kunlesehan" in a thread "What Will You Do/Say If You See A Fellow Nairalander" once said "Nairaland is one big heap of humanity without borders. Whether we meet or not it doesn't matter. What matters is that we continue to stay optimistic and peaceable, because your words and posts might save, help or damage lives you might never meet in your lifetime."

Your words and posts have helped me and as kunlesehan said, whether we meet or not doesn't matter what matters is that I will never forget each and everyone of you. From Sis Ify, who took it upon herself to meet with me and verify my story, to funkybaby, Phema, Tsmith and the two anonymous donors, to onegig and bellong for their never ending support and prayers, to all those who contributed to the post, I pray God mercy continue to be with you.

I went to my College Office to collect the letter which was the response to the email I sent to the VC in which I copied the Registrar. In the letter, I was told that my appeal for the reopening of the payment portal was not granted by the VC. I was advised to suspend my studies and write a letter to the Registrar through my HOD and Provost to that effect. (A copy of the letter was scanned to Sis Ify, bellong, and onegig)

I don't know what to do or where to start from. I'm really confused right now.

2 Likes

Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by boay(m): 6:42pm On Dec 02, 2013

I have been suspecting that things may not turn out has planned when I read the letter from the VC/Registrar posted earlier. It was not direct.

It is very disheartening to hear this. So the VC refused to just issue a directive to reopen the portal? Haba!
OP, I believe EVERY CLOUD HAS A SILVER LINING.
Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by boay(m): 6:50pm On Dec 02, 2013
ifyalways: Whooops. An email just came in. From the schools VC to the OP. Here goes :

-----Original Message-----
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2013 03:55:50
To: ****@yahoo.com>
Cc:**** @kwasu.edu.ng>
Subject: RE: Appeal For Re-opening of Payment Portal and Course Registration

Dear T*****.

Thank you for your email appealing for the reopening of the payment portal and course registration. The University has taken note of your good behaviour as you have listed them and wishes to encourage you to continue to remain an hard working and great student. Financial or health inhibition is not a crime but a temporary delay. NO MATTER WHEN YOU FINISH YOUR DEGREE AT KWASU, please know that you will reap positively in life from being a great and well-behaved human-being.

In the mater of your application, however, be assured that the University will decide based on its regulations and established practices aimed at maintaining a coherent world-class university standards.

The University Registrar will communicate with you.

Sincerely,

Prof. *****, PhD (Alberta)

Vice Chancellor and Chief Executive

When I read that part in capital letter, I suspected something.

OP, please move on.
Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by Nobody: 8:43pm On Dec 02, 2013
This is sad!

Why not they put this up on front page, maybe just maybe citing the university name someone somewhere will have a heart to talk through these people in authority.

Instead of praying until next season, just a spot on front page might help this guy.
Remove all those Lola and psquare sh1t for just a spot angry.

1 Like

Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by Nobody: 10:08pm On Dec 02, 2013
Wait, lemme get this. . . Is it that his studies has been suspended indefinitely or he was told to re-register next year and complete his studies?
Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by ifyalways(f): 9:47am On Dec 03, 2013
Phema: Wait, lemme get this. . . Is it that his studies has been suspended indefinitely or he was told to re-register next year and complete his studies?
No,he has not been suspended indefinitely. He will re-register and start his 400 levels afresh next year.
@Chili-Good suggestion. I'll talk to one of the super mods.

PS:Phema - I called the OP this morning in regards donation transfer and he said i should hold on to the funds. He's still confused and working with other students to see if they will be re-considered.

1 Like

Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by sexymoma(f): 11:35am On Dec 03, 2013
@op God has a better plan ahead of you... It is well cry... This really shows your future is bright.

2 Likes

Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by Nobody: 2:16pm On Dec 03, 2013
Eyah
Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by Nobody: 2:55pm On Dec 03, 2013
Fricain: ADMISSIONS INTO 200 LEVEL
WHY WAIT TILL JAMB FAILS YOU? GET YOUR IJMB FORMS TODAY and get admission into 200 level, instead. Read More:
http:///social/191/14865
Also
BE PAID N228,800 MONTHLY!
Grab this ICT Empowerment opportunity today. Get trained FREE of charge and be paid cash! Read More:
http:///social/354/14865

U see ur level of stupidity No even human consciences, instead of u to contribute wit ur advice or something u are here posting Rubbish looking for who to SCAM.......

#GodisWatchingYou
Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by pickabeau1: 2:59pm On Dec 03, 2013
i think ify should hold on to the money if she can take it on

When the school allows him, then transfer it

@Op sorry but is there anything you can do in the mean time

A small job, a skill, getting ready for post school
Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by zeezoom: 3:28pm On Dec 03, 2013
hi all,

i have being follwing this thread even though i could not finacially help out then, i was praying and hoping that it will turn out well, quiet unfortunate for the OP, please lets encourage him to see the positive side of the situation. God knows best, i thank all the Nairalanders that help out in their little way may God continue to bless you all amin

1 Like

Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by Nobody: 4:37pm On Dec 03, 2013
Really really sad. That's Nigeria for you.
Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by TayoT: 7:25pm On Dec 03, 2013

I also tried to reach out to relevant authorities in the school to no avail as the Portal has been reopened three times this session. OP, not to worry, it will be over before you know it. Your story will only be more interesting.
Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by 3rdeye1(m): 11:44pm On Dec 03, 2013
Keep calm OP, its gonna be a blessing in disguise for u. U can never know the harm God is keep u from in Malete or Kwara. When u are successful in the future, never u forget the less privileged. And when u are in a position to help, don't think twice. I stay in Ilorin, if u need my help in anyway, don't hesitate pls. And pls don't be bitter with the University authority, their policy just didn't favour u this time, it might next time. And as a matter of fact, they were not responsible for your academic shortcomings, u are! So be strong and don't be bitter. God bless u. Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by boay(m): 9:41am On Dec 04, 2013
3rd eye: Keep calm OP, its gonna be a blessing in disguise for u. U can never know the harm God is keep u from in Malete or Kwara. When u are successful in the future, never u forget the less privileged. And when u are in a position to help, don't think twice. I stay in Ilorin, if u need my help in anyway, don't hesitate pls. And pls don't be bitter with the University authority, their policy just didn't favour u this time, it might next time. And as a matter of fact, they were not responsible for your academic shortcomings, u are! So be strong and don't be bitter. God bless u. Cheers!

It is not about policies. There is no policy that forbids reopening of the school portal for final year students. Remember that the same portal was reopened for other students who are not final year students.

Also, it is not academic shortcomings, but financial.

OP and Ify, please what was the reason given for the hesitation?

1 Like

Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by ifyalways(f): 10:24pm On Dec 04, 2013
boay:

It is not about policies. There is no policy that forbids reopening of the school portal for final year students. Remember that the same portal was reopened for other students who are not final year students.

Also, it is not academic shortcomings, but financial.

OP and Ify, please what was the reason given for the hesitation?
No reason that I know of my brother.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Snake In The Stomach / Can A Woman Love Her Husband And Not Love His Family? / Oyindamola Bakare Is Missing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.