Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,407 members, 7,812,202 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:58 AM

Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams (14012 Views)

I Always See My Wife Having Extra Marital Affairs In My Dreams: Husband / How To Achieve Better Communication Skills / Does Being Married Hinder Some Dreams? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by ifyalways(f): 9:25am On Dec 05, 2013
The school (KWASU) sent the OP an final email yesterday. It's so sad. Would anyone have the money to pay his fees and not pay? I'm sure they would have re-opened the portal for final year students if the state speakers brother was a final year student. Why was the portal opened for 200 and 300 level students and not for final year students?

Contents of the email :
Reference to your later dated 4th of NOV in which you appealed for concessional consideration to enable you pay tuition fees after the deadline,i write to inform you that the Vice Chancellor have declined your request.
it is to be noted that the period for payment of tuition was clearly stated in the KWASU acedemic calendar.
The only option for you now is to apply to the registrar for "suspension of studies" this session,and route your letter through your HOD and provost of your college. This,if granted,will enable you continue your studies next session ie 2014/2015 academic session.

OP,has been really down,who won't be? He's drafted his application for suspension of studies(when i spoke to him this morning) but he's still being hopeful and waiting to see if the school authorities might change their mind by tomorrow(exams start tomorrow) and if nothing happens by morrow,he'll have no choice then than to submit his application,hope its granted then continue next year. sad
Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by greatgod2012(f): 9:47am On Dec 05, 2013
So sad!
But i believe that every dissapointment is a blessing in disguise. I pray this turn out to be blessings to him.

2 Likes

Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by santakris(m): 9:52am On Dec 05, 2013
ifyalways:
No reason that I know of my brother.

. If I get u d VC's no. can u call him?
Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by boay(m): 10:00am On Dec 05, 2013
ifyalways:
No reason that I know of my brother.

Chai! What will it cost the VC to just give directive orally or in writing for reopening the portal? It is a lesson for all of us. I hope all who will read or hear about this wont do the same when in the position of authority.

1 Like

Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by boay(m): 10:11am On Dec 05, 2013
ifyalways:
Contents of the email :
Reference to your later dated 4th of NOV in which you appealed for concessional consideration to enable you pay tuition fees after the deadline,i write to inform you that the Vice Chancellor have declined your request.
it is to be noted that the period for payment of tuition was clearly stated in the KWASU acedemic calendar.
The only option for you now is to apply to the registrar for "suspension of studies" this session,and route your letter through your HOD and provost of your college. This,if granted,will enable you continue your studies next session ie 2014/2015 academic session.

So the VC acceded to the request of part 2 and 3 students without giving them this excuse of late registration. Why are final year students an exception? God will help us

I will advise the OP not to register again even if the portal is reopened. Because I am not sure if he has prepared for the exams since it is starting tomorrow.
Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by boay(m): 10:12am On Dec 05, 2013
Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by funkybaby(f): 12:49pm On Dec 07, 2013
This is really sad.

Why apply the concession to 2nd and 3rd year students and leave out others? It's simply unfair.

Pure wickedness!

1 Like

Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by Nobody: 1:01pm On Dec 07, 2013
funkybaby: This is really sad.

Why apply the concession to 2nd and 3rd year students and leave out others? It's simply unfair.

Pure wickedness!

I later found out that the portal wasn't opened for 2nd and 3rd year students. The school runs another program called Professional Degree Program (PDP), it was these new students that the portal was opened for and not we regular students.
Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by Cestmoi1(f): 2:06pm On Dec 07, 2013
It's unfair,the V.C must be a very wicked and heartless man.All fingers are not equal.He should have considered people in this kind of situation.Op,take this in good faith.I don't know if I should say it's a blessing in disguise.Don't give up.

2 Likes

Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by boay(m): 8:17pm On Dec 07, 2013
Mr fineboy

I wish you the best of God
Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by ifyalways(f): 10:51am On Dec 09, 2013
I spoke with the OP on phone this morning. He was on his way to submit his application for suspension of studies till next year. He also said that some of IT students were affected and there are rumours that the portal might be opened for the IT students and them by feb. next year.

So,I'll be updating again come Feb unless something changes.
PS: The donation(75,500) is still with me.

2 Likes

Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by pickabeau1: 10:59am On Dec 09, 2013
I pray all ends well for this guy

2 Likes

Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by Nobody: 10:02am On Dec 23, 2013
boay: Mr fineboy

I wish you the best of God

Amen. Thanks.
Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by Nobody: 11:27am On Dec 23, 2013
pickabeau1: I pray all ends well for this guy

thanks very much
Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by ifyalways(f): 10:49am On Jul 27, 2014
Bump. . . smiley

1 Like

Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by Nobody: 10:21am On Jul 28, 2014
Op, how are you holding up? Have you resumed school now? Please come give an update.

Ifyalways, i see you. smiley

1 Like

Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by onegig(m): 11:19am On Jul 28, 2014
He's doing fine. Sent me a mail some few weeks back. I guess they should be resuming by september for the new session.. They are currently on holidays.
Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by ifyalways(f): 11:16am On Jul 29, 2014
Phema: Op, how are you holding up? Have you resumed school now? Please come give an update.

Ifyalways, i see you. smiley
There you will be an update soon. How body, my dear. kiss
Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jul 30, 2014
Thanks everyone for helping me keep my dream alive. We will be resuming on August 4th, payment of school fees and registration will end by August 11 after which late registration will commence.

I have already notified Sister Ify so that I can pay early to avoid what happened to me last year happen again.

Thanks once again everyone.
Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by ifyalways(f): 9:51am On Jul 31, 2014
Fineboy, sorry for the delay.

@All, the sum of 76,000 has being paid into the OP's account. He will be going back to School this weekend for his registration stuff on monday. Special shout out to :
Funkybaby
Bellong
One gig
Phema
Stillwater
The congo
Tinkybabe
Pickabeau
Boay
Etc, etc.

You guys are simply the best!

4 Likes

Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by onegig(m): 10:32am On Jul 31, 2014
Wow....So Happy about this. You just made my day seriously.

Ifyalways..Jazakum..

To the every other person who did participate in one way or the other in helping out no matter how little even if it were just a positive comment on the thread. May God Almighty continue to strengthen you and cater for all your needs. A Big Thumbs up!!!

It is people like this, that still gives me that tiny hope that Nigeria may turn out great someday.

I guess this proves that you don't have to be related by blood to people to be family with them.

4 Likes

Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by DarkKnight1: 10:55am On Jul 31, 2014
I was so touched by this story . thanks to everyone that has contributed.
You guys just made my day.
Op please take your studies seriously.

2 Likes

Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by bellong: 2:45pm On Jul 31, 2014
Ify,

I like your digit..... cheesy grin
Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by onegig(m): 2:50pm On Jul 31, 2014
bellong: Ify,

abi na...080300000001.

Who dey use that number sef..Tried calling it but na smoke dey comot from my phone.
Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by bellong: 2:57pm On Jul 31, 2014
onegig:

abi na...080300000001.

Who dey use that number sef..Tried calling it but na smoke dey comot from my phone.

Why did you call the number when you are not authorised to? tongue
Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by onegig(m): 3:03pm On Jul 31, 2014
bellong:

Why did you call the number when you are not authorised to? tongue

curiosity kills the black cat. cheesy
Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by bellong: 3:05pm On Jul 31, 2014
onegig:

curiosity kills the black cat. cheesy

Sometimes, it doesn't kill but blinds the cat... tongue
Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jul 31, 2014
I sent my account details to Sis Ify yesterday and this morning I received an alert of 76,000 credit into my account.

I want to specially thank everyone who made this possible and who contributed in one way or the other.

My sincere appreciation goes to Sis ifyalways, funkybaby, bellong, onegig, pickabeau1, Phema, the anonymous donors, and everybody who made this possible. May God reward you abundantly. Amin

By the special grace of God, I will be going to school on sunday. I will make the payment on monday and also upload a screenshot of the payment page to show that the money was used for the intended purpose.

Thank you once again everyone.

6 Likes

Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by ifyalways(f): 8:22pm On Jul 31, 2014
bellong: Ify,
Thank you jare. Na MTN "magic number" cheesy

onegig:
abi na...080300000001.
Can only be called with a "Truim" phone. tongue

@Fineboy,wish you all the best and success in your studies.

3 Likes

Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by Nobody: 5:23pm On Aug 01, 2014
ifyalways:
Thank you jare. Na MTN "magic number" cheesy

Can only be called with a "Truim" phone. tongue

@Fineboy,wish you all the best and success in your studies.

Thank you very much ma.
Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by boay(m): 9:27am On Aug 04, 2014
Good News!

Best of God Mr fineboy
Re: Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams by Nobody: 11:52am On Aug 05, 2014
@all,

I paid the school fees yesterday but I couldn't come online yesterday because I was running around so that I can clear the payment at the Bursary department. I went to the Bursary department with the printout of my payment page but I was told that all the students that deferred their admission last session won't be attended to until Wednesday.

I heard the school authority wants to meet first on our issue. I don't know the purpose of the meeting but I hope its in our own best interest.

I've also attached the screenshot of the payment that I made yesterday. I want to say a big thank you to everybody that made this possible from Sis ifyalways, funkybaby, bellong, onegig, pickabeau1, Phema, the anonymous donors, and everybody who contributed in one or the other. May God reward you abundantly. Amin

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Snake In The Stomach / Can A Woman Love Her Husband And Not Love His Family? / Oyindamola Bakare Is Missing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.