Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,903 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah (21904 Views)

Enugu Massacre: South-East Senators Call For Emergency SE/SS Summit / PDP Senators Call For Release Of Rivers Re-run Polls Result / PDP Chairman Tender Letter For Resignation [Unconfirmed] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by Afam4eva(m): 11:57am On Oct 10, 2013
hercules07:

Buck stops at the table of the minister, the call for her sack is the correct one, of course, she can also be sacked along with the NCAA guys or a new minister can sack the NCAA man. The problem with a lot of people supporting her is because she is from their tribe, the NCAA man is from my tribe and I believe he should be sacked, anybody and everybody responsible for the failures should be sacked. Do you know how many CEOs got fired because of ordinary cable ducts during the manufacture of the A380?
Do you agree that the President should be impeached too since he's at the Aviation minister's boss and since the Aviation minister is the NCAA chairman's boss.

1 Like

Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by Okijajuju1(m): 12:00pm On Oct 10, 2013
hercules07:

I actually expected better from you, by the way, you no dey come Canada again?

My guy! Na jonsing things we dey here.. grin

I suppose dey there now as we speak, but my work wouldnt even allow me go visit my family in port harcourt for the weekend, talkless of travelling out.. So I pushed my trip till christmas. I need to check back in soon before I miss the chance to get my Canadian Passport at the end of 2014.
Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by hercules07: 12:01pm On Oct 10, 2013
Afam4eva:
Do you agree that the President should be impeached too since he's at the Aviation minister's boss and since the Aviation minister is the NCAA chairman's boss.

You are now being ridiculous, impeachment is a legal process and the offenses are laid down in the law of the land, if plane crashes is one of the listed offenses, then the President should face the music. The Ministers are appointed by the president, he can hire and fire them, one of the reasons for firing people is incompetence, incompetence can be through direct actions or indirectly.

1 Like

Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by legalcode(m): 12:02pm On Oct 10, 2013
Then who will call for the resignation of the senators? For ripping nigerians off with their outrageous salaries? who will call for their resignation when 60% of them travel abroad and abandon their duties? who will call for their resignation when 95% of them has not sponsored a single bill. who? who? who?

1 Like

Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by VICTORCIZA(m): 12:02pm On Oct 10, 2013
Those senators talking trash have they discharge thier duty well?
Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by hercules07: 12:03pm On Oct 10, 2013
Okija_juju:

My guy! Na jonsing things we dey here.. grin

I suppose dey there now as we speak, but my work wouldnt even allow me go visit my family in port harcourt for the weekend, talkless of travelling out.. So I pushed my trip till christmas. I need to check back in soon before I miss the chance to get my Canadian Passport at the end of 2014.

Thought you have been in Naija all these years, how you go come get Canadian pali by 2014?
Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by Afam4eva(m): 12:04pm On Oct 10, 2013
hercules07:

You are now being ridiculous, impeachment is a legal process and the offenses are laid down in the law of the land, if plane crashes is one of the listed offenses, then the President should face the music. The Ministers are appointed by the president, he can hire and fire them, one of the reasons for firing people is incompetence, incompetence can be through direct actions or indirectly.
Impeachment can come if the president has violated the laid down rules as stipulated in the constitution or has performed below par and the aviation ministry is under his purview. So, if you blame the Aviation minister, why not the president? Why Odua and not the NCAA boss? The NCAA was created for a particular purpose which makes it not directly under the Aviation ministry.

1 Like

Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by Okijajuju1(m): 12:05pm On Oct 10, 2013
hercules07:

Thought you have been in Naija all these years, how you go come get Canadian pali by 2014?

This no be matter wey them dey discuss for open forum..

You know say Ndi FBI and CIA have signed MOU with Monitoring Spirits from hell.. Make I no use my hand spoil my soup.

All I will say is that alot of Nigerians and PR's are doing it!
Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by hercules07: 12:06pm On Oct 10, 2013
Afam4eva:
Impeachment can come if the president has violated the laid down rules as stipulated in the constitution or has performed below par and the aviation ministry is under his purview. So, if you blame the Aviation minister, why not the president? Why Odua and not the NCAA boss? The NCAA was created for a particular purpose which makes it not directly under the Aviation ministry.

Read my posts very well, the NCAA, NAMA and other ogas should also be sacked along with the minister, even the Permanent secretary should go as well, for goodness sake, a provincial health minister here is under fire for allowing an old woman to be discharged at 2:30am from the hospital. The president can not be impeached for below par performance, the reasons for impeachment are clear, stop digging holes.
Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by Italiano1: 12:07pm On Oct 10, 2013
Afam4eva:

Afam that analogy is not bright.

The president appoints ministers to oversee specific departments on his behalf, if he feels they are not doing a good job, he can sack them or in this case, the senate can call for the resignation of a minister performing below par.

The culpability of the President in this case is his lack of leadership skills, ingenuity and perception in appointing ministers who do not have the needed skills, qualifications and experience to oversee their departments.

But ultimately, any member of the House can initiate impeachment proceedings against the President if they can gather the minimum number of signatories.

2 Likes

Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by hercules07: 12:07pm On Oct 10, 2013
Okija_juju:

This no be matter wey them dey discuss for open forum..

You know say Ndi FBI and CIA have signed MOU with Monitoring Spirits from hell.. Make I no use my hand spoil my soup.

All I will say is that alot of Nigerians and PR's are doing it!

Okay, as long as it works for you, PM me if it works, I am dreading the winter here.
Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by PointB: 12:10pm On Oct 10, 2013
@Topic

When are the Senators resigning? Why can't they lead by example?
Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by Okijajuju1(m): 12:11pm On Oct 10, 2013
Afam4eva:

The Fola guy in charge of the NCAA was appointed by the FG and not Madam Stella..

I have highlighted the job of the NCAA below

3 Likes

Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by Okijajuju1(m): 12:11pm On Oct 10, 2013
hercules07:

Okay, as long as it works for you, PM me if it works, I am dreading the winter here.

Where in Canada are you?!
Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by Afam4eva(m): 12:12pm On Oct 10, 2013
Italiano1:

Afam that analogy is not bright.

The president appoints ministers to oversee specific departments on his behalf, if he feels they are not doing a good job, he can sack them or in this case, the senate can call for the impeachment of a minister performing below par.

The culpability of the President in this case is his lack of leadership skills, ingenuity and perception in appointing ministers who do not have the needed skills, qualifications and experience to oversee their departments.

But ultimately, any member of the House can initiate impeachment proceedings against the President if they can gather the minimum number of signatories.
THis same thing can be said about the NCAA boss who was appointed to oversee a specific department that deals directly with what people are accusing the Aviation minister of. I'm not saying either the Aviation minister or even the NCAA boss should be fired. I'm just addressing the hypocrisy of some Nigerians. I'm even forced to agree with Odua's assertion to some extent which asserts that air crashes are "an act of God". This simply means that they can be a natural occurrence because even in advanced countries of the world where attention to detail is worshiped, planes crash. So, in as much as a little more effort from people at authority will help reduce the occurrence of crashes, they should not be sacked solely for that afterall cars crash all the time and at no time has the Ministers of Transport been sacked or has anyone called for their sack. The Aviation ministry goes beyond just airlines.

2 Likes

Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by hercules07: 12:12pm On Oct 10, 2013
Okija_juju:

Where in Canada are you?!

Na Calgary I dey.
Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by Afam4eva(m): 12:13pm On Oct 10, 2013
Okija_juju:

The Fola guy in charge of the NCAA was appointed by the FG and not Madam Stella..
This even further exonerates the Minister of Aviation. I thought the Minister is the one who appoints the NCAA boss.
Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by niggadee(m): 12:15pm On Oct 10, 2013
see how religion land this foolish woman into trouble. my black people never admit a fault or wrongdoing always blaming god or white people for our problems
Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by Ngwakwe: 12:16pm On Oct 10, 2013
Be principle for once, everything must not be about pleasing your political camp.

I wouldn't have boardered challenging your position if I sensed any reasonable critique from you towards FFK and some of other APC irresponsibility in Nairaland.

Moreover, you lack the authority to apportion blame without proper knowledge of the working organisational structures in Aviation Minister.

If you read well the defence put forward by FFK after the exchange of words, FFK said he is not calling for her sack rather for improvement and implementation of whatever white paper that comes out this investigation.

berem: This clearly shows the breed of Igbo men we have on this forum who don't have an iota of respect for women. But not to worry, they will be dealt with accordingly.

1 Like

Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by Okijajuju1(m): 12:16pm On Oct 10, 2013
hercules07:

Na Calgary I dey.

Haaaa!!! That na die na..

I was in Fort Mac for a bit and JESUS!! the cold na fire.. The entire Alberta na Deep freezer, especialy Fort mac and Edmonton.[/b]

@ Tpic...

Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by Afam4eva(m): 12:16pm On Oct 10, 2013
@Okija_juju and hercules07, Abeg make una go politics beer parlor go discuss una Canada parole.
Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by Osazeeee: 12:18pm On Oct 10, 2013
Sec5: Calling for her resignition is not the best thing to do now.She should be encouraged to focus on safety now she has achieved a feat in aesthetics.Reason being that majority of ex-aviation ministers neither made any impact on infrastructural upgrading of the airports nor guaranteed air safety.Now that we have someone who is able to perform in one aspect as attested to by the senators,let us encourage her to fix the safety issues
. she should be sacked.
Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by M17: 12:19pm On Oct 10, 2013
You already know ,I think you know better .where there is mgbati/ofenmmanu there will be no peace . This guy's are full of bitterness . They will go down in history.

3 Likes

Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by gregg2: 12:19pm On Oct 10, 2013
Bunch of tribal hypocrites in Nigeria.
Let Stella Oduah attempt a sanitization of NCAA by replacing capt Fola with say a more competent Igbo man. All these senseless bigots will immediately start accusing her of tribalism.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Kwankwaso, Amaechi, Others Bought Their Way To APC With N100m Each — Bafarawa / Umahi Assures Buhari Of Ebonyi's Vote In Next Election / Lauretta Onochie: "Bayelsa Produced The Worst President In History Of Nigeria"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.