Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,721 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED - Religion (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED (78147 Views)

Discussion / Tithe And The True Storehouse - Malachi 3:10 / The Deception Of The Roman Catholic Mass (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Joshthefirst(m): 10:27am On Feb 22, 2016
brocab:
You have used the scripture Mark 12:42-43 "Which one of the two Jesus had said, will be remembered, of coarse the Lady who paid all what she had, the two mites.
This is given, not tithing, tithing was the law giving to farmers who obeyed God's law, filling the lands, shocks crops, and merchandise with rain and nourishments given them a yearly intake of a 23% of their best first fruit products yearly to the Levites as God had commanded them to do, some of the tithes were 3 years apart.
Then of course the Levites would give 10% of their tithe of food products to Aaron the high priest.
Tithing had nothing to do with money back then, nor does it have anything to with money today.
So you using this scripture as a good example you are walking up the wrong path. Tithing these days is not scriptural, and if you were tithing the way God had made tithing to be, which you aren't, then you are well and truly out of date.
2 John 1:10 "If anyone comes to your house and brings another doctrine, don't let him in.
Sorry, I was replying with regards to a certain statement he made:

10, When did God start collecting tithes from widows, orphans strangers and the poor? not to talk of prostitutes, thieves, ritualists, spiritists, gay/lesbians, satanists, fraudsters etc?

I was trying to show him God collected much more than 10% from widows, so his point is null.

People mostly dealt in farming back then. Will you now tell me that you aren't supposed to tithe because you're not a farmer? Weak point.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by brocab: 3:39am On Feb 23, 2016
Joshthefirst:

I was trying to show him God collected much more than 10% from widows, so his point is null.

People mostly dealt in farming back then. Will you now tell me that you aren't supposed to tithe because you're not a farmer? Weak point.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by christemmbassey(m): 7:43pm On Feb 23, 2016
Joshthefirst:
Notice you didn't address my points with scripture of your own, but simply ranted nonsense and called me a liar.

I'll only say three things and give you some advice after that until you can come up with formal scriptural defense against me:

With regards to number 10;

1. God collected more than tithe from the poor widow in the new testament. He collected everything she had.

[b]Mark 12
42 And there came a certain poor widow, and she threw in two mites, which make a farthing. note

43 And he called unto him his disciples, and saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That this poor widow hath cast more in, than all they which have cast into the treasury:

44 For all they did cast in of their abundance; but she of her want did cast in all that she had, even all her living.
^^^^^
Scripture didn't say Jesus told the woman to return it, scripture gives the notion that he praised the woman's sacrificial giving.

2. Elijah demanded for more than 10% from the widow of zarephath. He took the last meal of herself and her son.

[b]
1 Kings 17
12 And she said, As the LORD thy God liveth, I have not a cake, but an handful of meal in a barrel, and a little oil in a cruse: and, behold, I am gathering two sticks, that I may go in and dress it for me and my son, that we may eat it, and die.

13 And Elijah said unto her, Fear not; go and do as thou hast said: but make me thereof a little cake first, and bring it unto me, and after make for thee and for thy son.

Note that these are cases of poor widows. But they didn't find the call to give their all an insult to or from God. They were willing and they were blessed.

My advice to you is to give your tithes and stop withholding blessings from yourself and your family. Your words show me you're a man who doesn't know how to apply the principle of giving in his life.

Edited
! Many very dishonest tithe promoters have changed their IDs, so I A very sure, you are either one of them or new on Nl, bc my activities and comments as regards' tithe fraud' are well articulated in this section of Nl. So , I do not have time to go in circles and quote verses with you.

Notwithstanding, I wish to correct your twist of Mark 12:41-42 ( I know its in a tithe collectors blood to twist tbe scripture without which they have no lie to promote the fraud)

1. Jesus was not directly or indirectly involved in the collection and application of the monies collected by the Temple treasury, so his comment does not in any way show that God collect tithes from widows, orphans etc.
Infarct, one of the reasons God commanded Israel to give tithes was so that the widows, the orphans, the poor including the Levites be taken care of.

Deuteronomy 26:12 New International Version (NIV)
12 When you have finished setting aside a tenth of all your produce in the third year, the year of the tithe, you shall give it to the[b] Levite[/b], the foreigner, the fatherless and the widow, so that they may eat in your towns and be satisfied.

So bro, ur twist has failed, God has never collected tithes from widows, rather, widows collected tithes from God;

On the issue of the widow of zarephath, there is no twist that can turn that story to a widow giving tithe. Go and read and understand and stop looking for loop hole to scam.

1 Like

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by brocab: 10:02pm On Feb 23, 2016
Firstly it is not a weak point-only to you, because you aren't reading your bible clearly, the blind will always lead the blind.
You have read the scriptures to know not even Jesus collected tithes, nor His disciples, but you have chosen to ignore the scriptures, your page has showing us clearly, you would rather follow after Mammon your God, you are part of the gang of thieves, who can only see the doctrines on law these prosperity preachers produce.
Galatians 3:10 "You are cursed with a cursed if you don't obey all the laws.
Joshthefirst:

1 Like

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Ken4Christ: 12:04am On Feb 24, 2016
Those who condemn tithing on the ground that it is Old Testament, please tell me which command appears more demanding. The tithe which is just 10% of your increase or the instruction our Lord Jesus gave in Luke 12:33 which is almost all the assets you possess. You must practice one of it. If you don't pay tithe, then obey what Jesus says we should do. The early church did it. And I have been in meetings where people gave away the only car for the work of the ministry. If you believe in just giving, you shouldn't give less than 10% unless you are not born again. If you are, the nature of God is in you now. Since God is generous, you too should be generous. Only carnally minded people kick against giving. The carnal mind cannot please God. If God's children do not give a definite percentage of their income to God, how will the church pay it's bill. Tithing is God's own way of paying full time workers in the house of God and take care of other logistics. Do you think God will be more pleased if we give less. If you are managing an organization, will you prefer to have a system that brings less money? The church needs more fund. A lot of believers that have caught this revelation give much more. Please don't discourage anyone from tithing. That is the very least expected of us. From the teachings of our Lord Jesus, he even wants us to give all.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by brocab: 1:02am On Feb 24, 2016
Yes we do believe in just giving. When we give' we don't count it up as a tithe-it's those greedy Churches of yours who have made that rule, funny thing about it, it isn't scriptural.
Given has a completely different meaning to a percentage of a wage.

I love the way you prosperity preachers preach your sermons you twist the scriptures around trying to make those who don't tithe feeling guilty, it's always the way, {You will do everything you can' to try and make money}
If you were a true Christian, you would read the scriptures, and you wouldn't write such rubbish, you wouldn't go down that road trying to twist verses around to rip off others, this shows us' your lack of knowledge in the word of God.
The differences between Luke 12:23 "Sell all your possessions and give to the poor-He never said tithe 10%.
You believe tithing monies to a Church, is your way to receive a blessing or two, does that Church provide the extra's do they feed the poor, all would they rather feed the rich? Are you rich? Is your family and friends rich? Did God bless you with mega homes, mega Churches, cars, bikes, planes, Helicopters, money?
Does the Church rise the dead, heal the sick, Jesus said provide purses for yourselves that will not wear out, a treasure in heaven that will never fail, where no thief comes near, and no moth destroys.

{And you think Jesus is talking about tithing money} No your treasure is the word of God, no thief can break into your mind, heart or soul. The riches is the word-not Mammon, not something that you can take with you after you die. Its the word that keeps us alive, not Mammon it's dead.
No-one seems to understand the body of Christ, you are tithing all your monies away paying someone else for the job you are supposed to be doing, don't you realize we all have a job to do, their are Some teachers, some pastors, some evangelist, Some apostles, we are all priest in the kingdom of God, I don't get paid a wage for my services, and I am not asking to be paid, I don't need the finances, I need His wisdom and His knowledge daily, I need His anointing, His light to fill me up with His riches.
And If I gave you a tithe, and you gave someone else a tithe, and that someone gave the tithe back to me, does this mean I am now on the get rich quick plan?
Ken4Christ:
Those who condemn tithing on the ground that it is Old Testament, please tell me which command appears more demanding. The tithe which is just 10% of your increase or the instruction our Lord Jesus gave in Luke 12:33 which is almost all the assets you possess. You must practice one of it. If you don't pay tithe, then obey what Jesus says we should do. The early church did it. And I have been in meetings where people gave away the only car for the work of the ministry. If you believe in just giving, you shouldn't give less than 10% unless you are not born again. If you are, the nature of God is in you now. Since God is generous, you too should be generous. Only carnally minded people kick against giving. The carnal mind cannot please God. If God's children do not give a definite percentage of their income to God, how will the church pay it's bill. Tithing is God's own way of paying full time workers in the house of God and take care of other logistics. Do you think God will be more pleased if we give less. If you are managing an organization, will you prefer to have a system that brings less money? The church needs more fund. A lot of believers that have caught this revelation give much more. Please don't discourage anyone from tithing. That is the very least expected of us. From the teachings of our Lord Jesus, he even wants us to give all.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by truthislight: 11:34pm On Feb 28, 2016
Joshthefirst:
No. That tithing was not an example of a freewill offering. It was specifically called a tithe by Paul in Hebrews.

Here it is.

Hebrews 7:6
But he whose descent is not counted from them received titheS of Abraham, and blessed him that had the promises.

Note it was tithes, not even a tithe. Abraham may have given a tithe on more than one occasion.

And as for tithing never mentioned to believers in the new testament, read further down in the same passage to verse 8:

Hebrews 7:8 And here men that die receive tithes; but there he receiveth them, of whom it is witnessed that he liveth.

If he lives, who received tithes from Abraham, what stops him from receiving tithes from us? The Seed of Abraham, Children of the most high God. What stops us from giving our tithes and receiving his blessings also?

See?

It happened before the old covenant, so it wasn't done away with the old covenant. It is an eternal principle in God's kingdom.

Try it and see God's blessings even more in your life brother.

The above is a wrong application of Heb 7
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Joshthefirst(m): 9:18am On Feb 29, 2016
brocab:
Firstly it is not a weak point-only to you, because you aren't reading your bible clearly, the blind will always lead the blind.
You have read the scriptures to know not even Jesus collected tithes, nor His disciples, but you have chosen to ignore the scriptures, your page has showing us clearly, you would rather follow after Mammon your God, you are part of the gang of thieves, who can only see the doctrines on law these prosperity preachers produce.
Galatians 3:10 "You are cursed with a cursed if you don't obey all the laws.
The principle of tithing and seed showing was demonstrated by Abraham and Jacob before the law of !Moses was given. It is not part of the mosaic law. It is a principle of heaven.

And Jesus preached prosperity. If you want to stick with being impoverished, go ahead, but he was made poor, so that I, through his poverty might become rich.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Joshthefirst(m): 9:28am On Feb 29, 2016
christemmbassey:
! Many very dishonest tithe promoters have changed their IDs, so I A very sure, you are either one of them or new on Nl, bc my activities and comments as regards' tithe fraud' are well articulated in this section of Nl. So , I do not have time to go in circles and quote verses with you.

Notwithstanding, I wish to correct your twist of Mark 12:41-42 ( I know its in a tithe collectors blood to twist tbe scripture without which they have no lie to promote the fraud)

1. Jesus was not directly or indirectly involved in the collection and application of the monies collected by the Temple treasury, so his comment does not in any way show that God collect tithes from widows, orphans etc.
Infarct, one of the reasons God commanded Israel to give tithes was so that the widows, the orphans, the poor including the Levites be taken care of.

Deuteronomy 26:12 New International Version (NIV)
12 When you have finished setting aside a tenth of all your produce in the third year, the year of the tithe, you shall give it to the[b] Levite[/b], the foreigner, the fatherless and the widow, so that they may eat in your towns and be satisfied.

So bro, ur twist has failed, God has never collected tithes from widows, rather, widows collected tithes from God;

On the issue of the widow of zarephath, there is no twist that can turn that story to a widow giving tithe. Go and read and understand and stop looking for loop hole to scam.
And i also do not have time to reply your pathetic false accusations.

It seems you lack simple comprehension skills. I posted the story of the widow of zarephat and the widow in the temple to show you that if God could accept so much sacrifice from poor widows he'll surely accept a tenth from them, and bless them for it.

And Jesus commended the widow for giving more than all the others, for giving her all.

Please do not quote me again if you cannot come up with proper scriptural rebuttal to prove that God does not accept tithes from his children, the seed of Abraham. I don't do petulance and name calling
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Joshthefirst(m): 9:28am On Feb 29, 2016
truthislight:

The above is a wrong application of Heb 7
how so?
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by brocab: 10:59pm On Mar 11, 2016
And could you show me in scripture where Jesus spoke and preached in the prosperity money doctrine? And make sure you point it out clearly why was Jesus made poor, when you claim He preached such doctrines?
Does this verse sound like Jesus was rich in finances-birds have nest, foxes have holes, but Jesus said He had no place to rest His head.
What does this scripture tell you? Matthew 17:24 "The temple guards came to Peter and said, does not your master pay temple taxes, Peter said yes, then Jesus asked Simon. so whom do the kings of the earth collect customs, from their sons or by strangers, Peter said by strangers, Jesus then said then the sons are free.
Joshthefirst:
The principle of tithing and seed showing was demonstrated by Abraham and Jacob before the law of !Moses was given. It is not part of the mosaic law. It is a principle of heaven.

And Jesus preached prosperity. If you want to stick with being impoverished, go ahead, but he was made poor, so that I, through his poverty might become rich.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Joshthefirst(m): 11:28pm On Mar 11, 2016
brocab:
And could you show me in scripture where Jesus spoke and preached in the prosperity money doctrine? And make sure you point it out clearly why was Jesus made poor, when you claim He preached such doctrines?
Does this verse sound like Jesus was rich in finances-birds have nest, foxes have holes, but Jesus said He had no place to rest His head.
What does this scripture tell you? Matthew 17:24 "The temple guards came to Peter and said, does not your master pay temple taxes, Peter said yes, then Jesus asked Simon. so whom do the kings of the earth collect customs, from their sons or by strangers, Peter said by strangers, Jesus then said then the sons are free.

Here're the scriptures on prosperity

Mark 10
29 And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel's,

30 But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life

John 10
I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

Matthew 7

9 Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone?

10 Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent?

11 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Joshthefirst(m): 11:45pm On Mar 11, 2016
brocab:
And make sure you point it out clearly why was Jesus made poor, when you claim He preached such doctrines?
The scripture that states that Jesus was made poor tells us why he was made poor. It's so that I, through his poverty, might be made rich! I'm rich bro! cool Glory to God. The El-shaddai.

He was made poor for my sake and your sake. His poverty made us rich!

2 Corinthians 8:

9 For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich.

∆I don't know why you're so worried that God wants you to prosper, financially too. Read that 2 Corinthians 8 and you'll see Paul was talking about material poverty and riches, not spiritual one.

He was talking about monéé guy. Cash, quid, bucks, etc.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by brocab: 12:44am On Mar 12, 2016
His poverty made us rich in word' not in money.
You preaching such rubbish shows you are a just another prosperity preacher, trying to build your kingdom with {Money} finances, paying your way into heaven, Jesus said you brought nothing into this world and surely you will take nothing out.
2 Corinthians 8 "Jesus became rich in word and He became poor in poverty {Money} Its the word of God that gives us riches, When we pray God already knows what we need, we just have to ask Him, and He will give to us the things that's needed for the body.
You claim you are rich, in what way are you rich?
I am rich, and the riches I have, I give to you, Peter said silver and gold I do not have, but what I have I give to you, get up a walk.
You cant worship Mammon and God at the same time, you will either hate the one and love the other.
Joshthefirst:
The scripture that states that Jesus was made poor tells us why he was made poor. It's so that I, through his poverty, might be made rich! I'm rich bro! cool Glory to God. The El-shaddai.

He was made poor for my sake and your sake. His poverty made us rich!

2 Corinthians 8:

9 For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich.

∆I don't know why you're so worried that God wants you to prosper, financially too. Read that 2 Corinthians 8 and you'll see Paul was talking about material poverty and riches, not spiritual one.

He was talking about monéé guy. Cash, quid, bucks, etc.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by brocab: 7:21am On Mar 12, 2016
Do you tithers really believe the word of God is about money becoming rich, are you willing to draw people away from the truth, that all what matters is money? Did you not know we had received our riches when we received the lord.
The riches of God isn't about money, the riches is the word of God, you brought nothing into this world, and surely you cant take nothing out.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Joshthefirst(m): 8:07pm On Mar 12, 2016
brocab:
His poverty made us rich in word' not in money.
You preaching such rubbish shows you are a just another prosperity preacher, trying to build your kingdom with {Money} finances, paying your way into heaven, Jesus said you brought nothing into this world and surely you will take nothing out.
2 Corinthians 8 "Jesus became rich in word and He became poor in poverty {Money} Its the word of God that gives us riches, When we pray God already knows what we need, we just have to ask Him, and He will give to us the things that's needed for the body.
You claim you are rich, in what way are you rich?
I am rich, and the riches I have, I give to you, Peter said silver and gold I do not have, but what I have I give to you, get up a walk.
You cant worship Mammon and God at the same time, you will either hate the one and love the other.
Stop adding your own words to scripture. paul was talking about money and financies in 2 corinthians 8. simple
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by brocab: 10:36pm On Mar 12, 2016
2 Corinthians 8 read your bible-the story was preferring to was about giving , you have your wires crossed, you tithers are always confused about the scriptures, you believe giving and tithing have the same meanings.
Well they don't {Giving can mean more or less-tithing is a percentage. 23% 10% etc}
So yes I have all the rights to add words to the scriptures, because its the word of God, the truth and nothing but the truth.
The little old woman gave all what she had to the treasury {two mites} while the tithers gave their percentage, and who of the two was remembered more than the other. The Giver or the tither?
So as we read more into the scriptures Jesus is the main attraction-not collecting any tithes Himself, nor His disciples, nor anybody else who followed after Him, but 2 Corinthians 8 talks more on the fact they were givers, not tithers, poverty was everywhere in those days, and because of their commitment to Jesus they understood the differences between the law on tithing and a free will giving, Voluntarily supporting their own poverty, they gave.
Its the word of God that fills our hearts with its riches, not tithing money, I am rich, silver and gold I do not have, but what I have I give to you. Stand up and walk with Christ.
Joshthefirst:
Stop adding your own words to scripture. paul was talking about money and financies in 2 corinthians 8. simple
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Joshthefirst(m): 12:51am On Mar 13, 2016
brocab:
2 Corinthians 8 read your bible-the story was preferring to was about giving , you have your wires crossed, you tithers are always confused about the scriptures, you believe giving and tithing have the same meanings.
Well they don't {Giving can mean more or less-tithing is a percentage. 23% 10% etc}
So yes I have all the rights to add words to the scriptures, because its the word of God, the truth and nothing but the truth.
The little old woman gave all what she had to the treasury {two mites} while the tithers gave their percentage, and who of the two was remembered more than the other. The Giver or the tither?
So as we read more into the scriptures Jesus is the main attraction-not collecting any tithes Himself, nor His disciples, nor anybody else who followed after Him, but 2 Corinthians 8 talks more on the fact they were givers, not tithers, poverty was everywhere in those days, and because of their commitment to Jesus they understood the differences between the law on tithing and a free will giving, Voluntarily supporting their own poverty, they gave.
Its the word of God that fills our hearts with its riches, not tithing money, I am rich, silver and gold I do not have, but what I have I give to you. Stand up and walk with Christ.
You're becoming quite offensive and you're misinterpreting me so terribly i beginning to find it hard to take you seriously.

My point, and the point of all the examples i gave is to show that if God accepted such sacrificial monies from 'poor' widows then he won't have any trouble accepting your 10%.

you have no problem with the widow giving all she had but you have a problem with me as a seed of abraham giving 10%? you must have a serious problem.

the word of God fills my heart, and my giving and tithing based on that very word makes my need met and blesses my pockets with the resources needed to finance the activities of Gods kingdom.

I am rich, silver and gold, I do have, and the power of God that brings healing and health, i have also.

From everything you have said here it is obvious you do not even give much. if you cannot support the gospel with 10% how can you make such sacrifice as that widow who was indeed rich toward God?

The kingdom of God is moving forward. people like me take it and will take it to the ends of the earth, because we are willing to give to support it. we are willing to pay for bibles to be translated and pay for the pastor to be kempt. we are willing to pay for missionaries travels and their upkeep in their work.

You would be foolish and not of much use to the kingdom if you think that you can give very well when you cannot even give 10% of what God has blessed you with into his work
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by brocab: 2:18am On Mar 13, 2016
Well then your blessings you retrieve are only from your tithings.
You say you are rich, in what way are you rich?
Firstly Jesus said one must be born again before he can enter into the kingdom of God-in your case You haven't yet accepted Christ fully into your heart, you are comparing Jesus with Money, Jesus said you can't worship Mammon and God at the same time. you will either hate the one or love the other-so which is it? Money or God?
Have you noticed the story about the poor widow, who Christ recolonized, who paid more into the treasurey, her story stood out above the tithers, Christ had seen her heart she didn't give a percentage she gave all, why because she believed. More than what He seen the tithers do..
She understood the differences between tithing and given, she gave herself all what she had to God, while you and the rest of the tithers gave only a small percentage of 10%.
And if you are to tithe the way God had commanded some Jewish farmers to tithe back then, then you would tithe 23% yearly, but because you have chosen to follow after your flesh, you are disobeying God and you have given your tithes "NOT" the way God had made tithes to be in Stock crops and Merchandise.
Did Abraham pay tithes from his own weekly wages, or did he give back merchandise that didn't belong to him?
It is not I' you are finding it hard to take seriously, its the word of God you are finding it hard to bare.
I am blessed, I am rich, and the Lord had supplied me with my needs, as I live, I live for His word.
Buying jets, mega homes, mega Churches, fancy cars M/Bikes, is a thing from the past, nothing last. Heaven and earth will oneday pass away, but Jesus said His word will always stay.
And if Christ made some to be pastors, some evangelist, some teaches, and some prophets, then why does the Church make it so hard for people who have a passion for Christ, why aren't they paid?
If you tithed to me, and I tithed to someone else, and somebody tithe to you, what then?
Is your pastor being paid because you are to lazy to get out their yourself and witness, do I have to tithe to retrieve a blessing more then those who don't tithe?
Can I not do the work for the lord, without having to be ordered by the church to do so.
Is your Church really reaching out to the world, or are they enjoying their new comforts buying and selling new stocks they had financed through the Church.

Joshthefirst:
You're becoming quite offensive and you're misinterpreting me so terribly i beginning to find it hard to take you seriously.

My point, and the point of all the examples i gave is to show that if God accepted such sacrificial monies from 'poor' widows then he won't have any trouble accepting your 10%.

you have no problem with the widow giving all she had but you have a problem with me as a seed of abraham giving 10%? you must have a serious problem.

the word of God fills my heart, and my giving and tithing based on that very word makes my need met and blesses my pockets with the resources needed to finance the activities of Gods kingdom.

I am rich, silver and gold, I do have, and the power of God that brings healing and health, i have also.

From everything you have said here it is obvious you do not even give much. if you cannot support the gospel with 10% how can you make such sacrifice as that widow who was indeed rich toward God?

The kingdom of God is moving forward. people like me take it and will take it to the ends of the earth, because we are willing to give to support it. we are willing to pay for bibles to be translated and pay for the pastor to be kempt. we are willing to pay for missionaries travels and their upkeep in their work.

You would be foolish and not of much use to the kingdom if you think that you can give very well when you cannot even give 10% of what God has blessed you with into his work
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Joshthefirst(m): 12:39pm On Mar 13, 2016
Unfortunately for you this is the last time I will respond to your post in detail as you are resorting to foolishness in order to cling to your doctrine of smallness and poverty
brocab:
Well then your blessings you retrieve are only from your tithings.
You say you are rich, in what way are you rich?
I am rich with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, and I am also prosper in finances, as the seed of Abraham.
Firstly Jesus said one must be born again before he can enter into the kingdom of God-in your case You haven't yet accepted Christ fully into your heart, you are comparing Jesus with Money, Jesus said you can't worship Mammon and God at the same time. you will either hate the one or love the other-so which is it? Money or God?
I have accepted Christ into my heart and in no way have I compared him with money. I do not worship mammon. I am simply prosperous as my father is prosperous. If it pains you so much that I am blessed in this way I advice you to receive Jesus and his blessings into your life as well.

Have you noticed the story about the poor widow, who Christ recolonized, who paid more into the treasurey, her story stood out above the tithers, Christ had seen her heart she didn't give a percentage she gave all, why because she believed. More than what He seen the tithers do..
She understood the differences between tithing and given, she gave herself all what she had to God, while you and the rest of the tithers gave only a small percentage of 10%.
You always bring up the widow while she actually proves my point. I am a giver, and tithing is giving. And mark my words, you are foolish, if you think that you will be able to give as sacrificially as that widow when you have a problem with people giving a small 10%. If you have a problem with 10%, then you obviously have a problem with 100%. Change your mindset of withholding and be generous in giving to the kingdom of God and you will be blessed.

And if you are to tithe the way God had commanded some Jewish farmers to tithe back then, then you would tithe 23% yearly, but because you have chosen to follow after your flesh, you are disobeying God and you have given your tithes "NOT" the way God had made tithes to be in Stock crops and Merchandise.

Please are you for tithing or against tithing? If you are against tithing then what authority do you have in telling me how to tithe towards God?

btw, in those days they dealt mostly in stock crops and merchandise. In these days, we deal mostly with circulating finances and paper money.

Did Abraham pay tithes from his own weekly wages, or did he give back merchandise that didn't belong to him?
It seems you are ignorant, not knowing the scriptures or the power of god. Abraham didn't give back merchandise that didn't belong to him. When people go to war and recover merchandise, it is called spoil and is claimed by the victors of war. Abraham went to war and recovered spoil, he paid tithes on the spoil, then he delivered it to the kings, so that they will not say their spoil made Abraham rich.
It is not I' you are finding it hard to take seriously, its the word of God you are finding it hard to bare.
I am blessed, I am rich, and the Lord had supplied me with my needs, as I live, I live for His word.
Buying jets, mega homes, mega Churches, fancy cars M/Bikes, is a thing from the past, nothing last. Heaven and earth will oneday pass away, but Jesus said His word will always stay.
And if Christ made some to be pastors, some evangelist, some teaches, and some prophets, then why does the Church make it so hard for people who have a passion for Christ, why aren't they paid?
I find it hard to take you seriously because you do not know the word, and you seem to have little comprehension skills too. And you're beginning to insult my person.

I and my congregation cater for the pastor. Because you should not muzzle the ox that treads the grain and a labourer is worthy of his wages.

If you tithed to me, and I tithed to someone else, and somebody tithe to you, what then?

Is your pastor being paid because you are to lazy to get out their yourself and witness, do I have to tithe to retrieve a blessing more then those who don't tithe?
My pastor is paid because he is a labourer who shepherds my local church and a labourer is worthy of his wages. You seem not to support the care giving of men of God. If so, you are cruel and selfish. Even Jesus had sponsors who gave him food and shelter and women who ministered to him.

And when you tithe, you receive the blessing of the tither. simple.

Can I not do the work for the lord, without having to be ordered by the church to do so.

what are you saying? can you do the work of the Lord alone? you who cannot even pay tithe how am I supposed to assume you sponsor Gods work?

Is your Church really reaching out to the world, or are they enjoying their new comforts buying and selling new stocks they had financed through the Church.
My church is reaching out to the world, and from what you've said so far I do not even think you have a local congregation. we are reaching out to the world, and we are rich and filled with comfort, because our Father is the Father of all mercies and the God of all comfort.

Stay there complaining and refusing to tithe. Poor men don't take the gospel anywhere. they only complain about even the most basic of giving, and they remain in poverty.

The Kingdom of God suffers violence, and the violent take it by force. Violent people like me take the Kingdom of God by force to the ends of the earth. We give everything, and we are rich and powerful and influential. We will continue to do what we do. stay there complaining about giving tithes.

And I do not think I will reply you again.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by brocab: 12:55am On Mar 14, 2016
Tithing is not giving, tithing means a percentage, giving means more or less. Tithing was put in place as a law, giving was always a freewill, two different meanings. You tithe because you were taught to tithe, you were given twisted scriptures, so now you believe, spreading the false gospel further into the system, you have managed to sell your souls over to the devil, leading millions away to walk your same path of destruction.
You can run, but you cant hide, the lord will send you another true Christian and he/she will witness to you on this same topic.
Cant you see, the lords calling His people, away from riches and mega Churches such as these, many have been called, but few are chosen.

Yep you must be proud, knowing you are prosperous' making easy money from innocent churches naming your riches a spiritual blessing, giving false hope to the poor, collecting all they have, week after week, and who receives the blessings you retrieved,
"No-one".
Riches gives no other options but to twist and turn bible scriptures around just for financial Gain.
Well done good and faithful servants.

The world had seen the damages you prosperity preachers have coursed, you are just another worldly business, men and women with corrupt minds, destitute of the truth, who think that godliness is away to make financial gain, Jesus said from such withdraw yourselves.

Hmmm do I live in poverty? "NO" Let me look around, wait with out ripping anybody off I am blessed, I have the Lord who blesses me, who encourages me, who teaches me, loves me, and promised me He will never leave me. He said when I ask pray to him in my secret place, and what I ask for, He will give it to me-He said the Father already knows what you need, just pray and he will reward you.
So I pray and receive.
I am satisfied. but sorry to disappoint you I don't live in poverty, I live for Christ and I live in the comforts of a good and stable home. `
Jesus said to the rich man give all what you have to the poor, and come follow Me. But the rich man walked away sorrowful, Jesus then said it is easier of a camel to walk through the eye of a needle then for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Be proud, and teach the false tithing doctrine to the public, remind them they are cursed with a curse, if they refuse to bring in 10% into the storehouse.
While you pastors are filling up your pockets with silver and gold, buying fancy cars M/bikes and jets, mega homes, mega Churches, buying and selling merchandise-all tax free, retrieving government handouts for your schoolings and collages, Wearing fancy suits, and the women wearing costly clothing with pearls and jewels, sitting in the best places.

WHILE THE POOR ARE OUTSIDE HUNGRY HOMELESS REJECTED AND WEARING NONE.
Joshthefirst:
Unfortunately for you this is the last time I will respond to your post in detail as you are resorting to foolishness in order to cling to your doctrine of smallness and povertyI am rich with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, and I am also prosper in finances, as the seed of Abraham.
I have accepted Christ into my heart and in no way have I compared him with money. I do not worship mammon. I am simply prosperous as my father is prosperous. If it pains you so much that I am blessed in this way I advice you to receive Jesus and his blessings into your life as well.

You always bring up the widow while she actually proves my point. I am a giver, and tithing is giving. And mark my words, you are foolish, if you think that you will be able to give as sacrificially as that widow when you have a problem with people giving a small 10%. If you have a problem with 10%, then you obviously have a problem with 100%. Change your mindset of withholding and be generous in giving to the kingdom of God and you will be blessed.

Please are you for tithing or against tithing? If you are against tithing then what authority do you have in telling me how to tithe towards God?

btw, in those days they dealt mostly in stock crops and merchandise. In these days, we deal mostly with circulating finances and paper money.

It seems you are ignorant, not knowing the scriptures or the power of god. Abraham didn't give back merchandise that didn't belong to him. When people go to war and recover merchandise, it is called spoil and is claimed by the victors of war. Abraham went to war and recovered spoil, he paid tithes on the spoil, then he delivered it to the kings, so that they will not say their spoil made Abraham rich.
I find it hard to take you seriously because you do not know the word, and you seem to have little comprehension skills too. And you're beginning to insult my person.

I and my congregation cater for the pastor. Because you should not muzzle the ox that treads the grain and a labourer is worthy of his wages.

My pastor is paid because he is a labourer who shepherds my local church and a labourer is worthy of his wages. You seem not to support the care giving of men of God. If so, you are cruel and selfish. Even Jesus had sponsors who gave him food and shelter and women who ministered to him.

And when you tithe, you receive the blessing of the tither. simple.

what are you saying? can you do the work of the Lord alone? you who cannot even pay tithe how am I supposed to assume you sponsor Gods work?

My church is reaching out to the world, and from what you've said so far I do not even think you have a local congregation. we are reaching out to the world, and we are rich and filled with comfort, because our Father is the Father of all mercies and the God of all comfort.

Stay there complaining and refusing to tithe. Poor men don't take the gospel anywhere. they only complain about even the most basic of giving, and they remain in poverty.

The Kingdom of God suffers violence, and the violent take it by force. Violent people like me take the Kingdom of God by force to the ends of the earth. We give everything, and we are rich and powerful and influential. We will continue to do what we do. stay there complaining about giving tithes.

And I do not think I will reply you again.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by iwinmiah(m): 4:03pm On May 10, 2017
Themind:
. Now exposed. You have little knowledge or not at all about the Bible. You loose my respect, I will give you 0.005% for this expose, too poor. Surely this is not of the spirit it is of the flesh and it will profit nothing to the spirit.
the post is correct, pastors have manipulated Malachi and have cursed christians by making them believe that they must give to an organisation church before God can provide for them, Gods approved way of giving is giving to the poor. see proverbs 19:17 and matthew 25:35-47

2 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by brocab: 9:52pm On May 19, 2017
This is true, I am sure many of us Christians have repeatedly heard this info many times over the years-most tithers believe they are blessed more than those who don't tithe, usually this sort of information is directed straight from the horses mouth "the pastors.
This false teaching about tithing, was well and truly preached in Jesus's time, and it was the apostles who warned us about these wolves in sheep clothing, using the Word of God for gain, we just need to checkout the Word Faith movement-everyone of them are rich-while the Church sits poor.
This just shows how many Christians actually know the Lord-and hear the Word of God, if they can't hear themselves read-read louder.
There is so many scriptures flying in all directions,{1 Timothy 6:3-5} is just one-that said-Men of corrupt minds destitute of the truth, who suppose that godliness is the ways to financial gain-Jesus say's clearly, from such withdraw yourselves.
To be truthful how many Christians didn't see this one coming?
The bible is full of scriptures such as these{Matthew 6} The birds of the air they neither sow, nor do they reap, nor put into barns-and yet the lord feeds them, how much more are you.
These preachers are just men and women running a worldly business, Jesus said many are called, but few are chosen, Christians need to turn back to the bases-and check out the bible more then they usually do, we have unsaved criminals, running large Churches, making a mockery out from among them.
The Church belongs to the world, the world follows after it's own kind, the Church that stood, is now the Church that sits, while they and the world is heading straight towards it's own destruction.
iwinmiah:
the post is correct, pastors have manipulated Malachi and have cursed christians by making them believe that they must give to an organisation church before God can provide for them, Gods approved way of giving is giving to the poor. see proverbs 19:17 and matthew 25:35-47

1 Like

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by brocab: 11:10pm On Oct 17, 2017
I was listening to Jimmy Swaggart with his son last night, he preaches against prosperity pimps, and than turns around asking for $5000 from everyone to invest in books getting one free of charge 'his say, how we should connect to God, plus Jimmy Swaggart had written a study bible, selling each $1000.
It just shows how these Prosperity preachers work across the globe, the Televisions are flooded with idea's to gain a financial wage. Jesus said: get out of My Fathers house, this is a house of prayer. It doesn't matter how the truth sounds, there will always be someone out there that disobey's the Word of God and chooses to rip off millions. "And you that tithe, walk away, Jesus had told you to walk away.{1 Timothy 6:3-5}
Of cause no-one seems to mention the bible, there's no price given on that, if people read the bible more, instead of relying on other books, they will know there is only one way into the kingdom of God..
Prosperity pimps are everywhere, either they preach the tithing sermon or they are selling books C/D's DVD's-giving us false literature how we should understand, how they think how we should reach out to God without reading the bible.
Most of these books are written by pastors-who now believe Jesus is not the only way into Heaven, pastors that believe homosexual marriage is the right thing to vote for, pastors believe taking the mark of the beast is God's call.
One of the many books sold in Christian book stores around the globe is called The Wicca, by Gerald Gardener, this book holds pagan beliefs of witchcraft, and many have falling for it, the "Shack" by William P Young, is another best seller in stores across the globe, these men haven't the slightest idea who God is, but without a care Christian book stores are allowing these prosperity preachers sell these books that's leading thousands of believers away from the truth.
{2 Thessalonians 2:9-12} The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs and lying wonders, and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this reason God will send them strong delusions, that they should believe the lie, that they all maybe condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
Prosperity is knocking on our doors, Christians are more focus on pleasures of unrighteousness, then they are focused on their bibles that is safely hidden in the closet.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by brocab: 7:08am On Oct 18, 2017
No I am not a farmer, nor am I a Jew, are you a Jew? Back then God bargained with the Jewish farmers to tithe, don't you realise, the Jews no longer pay tithes today. "But you do? And you aren't a Jew..
10% isn't much to brag about, matter of fact it's lukewarm, do you give 10%?
It shows you haven't read your bible enough to know tithing never gave a positive attitude towards anybody, and why didn't Jesus preach it, because He was against it.
{1 Corinthians 11:7-10} Paul said: Did I commit sin in humbling myself, that you might be exalted, because I preach the gospel of God free of charge, I robbed other Churches taking wages from them to minister to you. And when I was present with you and in need, I was a burden to no-one, for what I lacked the brethren who came from Macedonia supplied.
Can't you see, the apostles preached the Word of God free of charge, I am also giving you the Word of God free of charge, God didn't take money of the poor, let alone more than 10% of widows, you are mistaken, men of prosperity had devoured the poor widows and took more then 10%, just after Jesus had words with the Pharisees, Jesus saw, a devoured widow who gave her last two mites to the treasury.
{Matthew 23}
Don't you realise, this happens today, men of corrupt minds destitute of the truth, who suppose that godliness is their means to financial gain, it doesn't matter which way we turn-the Pharisee are criminals, they were robbing the widows, and robbing the Church, criminals have associates, that buy and sell products that doesn't belong to them.
Criminals rely on their prey-they seek to gain and destroy, Church criminals have twisted the Abraham story to cover up their tracks-Abraham gave everything away, that didn't belong to him, criminals do the opposite, they buy and sell for money, in some cases drugs, nothing belongs to them, not even a wage every week, God is mocked, and still they are paid by the Church.
Jesus said: A hard working labour is worthy of his wages..Criminals work small, to gain more. "Here's a good example a hard working criminal at work, this pastors talks with Benny Hinn how he would like to reach-out to younger boy's, without moving physically and speaking mentally, he is paid out by the Church, "What's the world coming too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URJz_SRq73g
Joshthefirst:

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by brocab: 11:21pm On Oct 20, 2017
A cheerful giver doesn't mean it belongs to the pastor, when the pastor feels he needs to stand up every week from the pulpit asking for tithes, it proves "TITHES DOES NOT BELONG TO A PASTOR.. "TITHES BELONG TO THE POOR. These men are unstable, and it proves there's no trust between a pastor and his Church.
These days we understand the Church stands fern psychically, but mentally-its foundations are unreliable, untrusted unstable, men begging like animals, this must satisfy their souls, "Will I rob God.
Jesus said: we are to be a cheerful giver, and I am...the Lord blesses me, as I give, a percentage doesn't enter into my mind, meaning stop relying on your pastors to give as little as 10% for you.
{Luke 14:14} Jesus said: give to those who can't pay you back, "As proven Pastors collect tithes for their personal financial gain, most pastors are takers, not givers, spending tithes on their own pleasures "buying fancy Cars, Mega Churches and homes, living the life style of the rich and the famous, while in Africa the poor stays poor, living the tithing lie-in ruins waiting to die of hunger..
{Matthew 25:35-40} Jesus said: For I was hungry and you gave Me food, I was thirsty and you gave Me drink, I was a stranger and you took Me in, I was sick and you visited Me, I was in prison and you came to Me.
Then the righteous will answer Him saying, "Lord" when did we see You hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give You drink, when did we see You a stranger and take You in, and clothed You, or when did we see You sick, or in prison to come to You?
And the King will answer and say to them, "Assuredly" I say to you, inasmuch as you did it too one of the least, you did to Me.'
Naira say's I paid my tithes, and I am a stranger and no-one took me in, I paid my tithes, I am hungry and no-one gave me food, I paid my tithes, I am thirsty and no-one gave me drink, I paid my tithes, now I am sick and no-one visited me, I paid my tithes, I was in prison and no-one came to me, then my pastor said to me, be warm my son, God is with you, and sent me away empty handed.
'And the Church of Naira say's, Blessed are the poor, who didn't receive. "Amen.

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (Reply)

Prophet Odumeje Was Slapped & Beaten By Security During His Church Demolition / Isaac, Bishop Oyedepo's Son, Resigns From Living Faith Church / Pornographic Films Shot In Catholic Church Without Permission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 212
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.