Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,617 members, 7,823,701 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:34 PM

The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED (78146 Views)

Discussion / Tithe And The True Storehouse - Malachi 3:10 / The Deception Of The Roman Catholic Mass (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Zikkyy(m): 9:24am On Oct 21, 2013
Image123:
Humble pie in the sense that you kept quiet about making ridiculous claims of a pastors gospel that tithe works all the time.

I stand by my claim pending further details from Oyedepo little book. am yet to hear a pastor preach that tithe is not expected to work all the time. Tithers always been fed with the belief that tithe works 100% of the time. If you have info that says otherwise kindly share. and as stated stated by truthislight, maybe the little book also says the devourer will not devour all the time.

1 Like

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Zikkyy(m): 9:27am On Oct 21, 2013
truthislight:
If the tithe that Oyadegpo is collecting does not work all the time and has never worked for some people, then, it is either, God does not accept it or asked for it, or it is a violation for christian to pay tithe and that should have made him(Oyedegpo) to reconsider and know that something is wrong, but, that he still insist and dishes out a curse for those not paying tithes shows he is either not a honest person or he is a FRAUD STAR.

Lol! @bolded, you know say oyedepo na celebrity grin
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by truthislight: 9:52am On Oct 21, 2013
Zikkyy:

Lol! @bolded, you know say oyedepo na celebrity grin

yeah he his.

The urges for such is driving him to extremes. The too much "love of money" can do such to people, causes them to twist the word of God for selfish Gains.

God is watching. (though some of this men dont really belief that God exist.) they are atheist exploiting peoples ignorance.

An atheist that dont belief in the existance of God has nothing to fear from God, such can easily come out for the scam, using the bible.

What do you expect from our PHD-Dr pastors and GO 'man of God' fill with worldly knowledge ? Smh.

Will people learn and read their bible ? I doubt they will, they will still continue follow follow.

"and the lawless ones presence is according to the operation of satan, with every powerfull works and lying signs"....... 2thess 2:9,10.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Candour(m): 10:05am On Oct 21, 2013
Zikkyy:

I stand by my claim pending further details from Oyedepo little book. am yet to hear a pastor preach that tithe is not expected to work all the time. Tithers always been fed with the belief that tithe works 100% of the time. If you have info that says otherwise kindly share. and as stated stated by truthislight, maybe the little book also says the devourer will not devour all the time.

Infact, I think I have gotten hold of the famous 'little book' image123 is talking about. Was searching through my mini library this morning to read my daughter a story book before taking her to school and out fell a small book with title 'COVENANT WEALTH' written in 1992 by Oyedepo and reprinted in 2009.

I just skimmed through the book again and shook my head at the 'snake oil merchant' tactics used all over. He talks about obedience to the law working all the time because God cannot fail, then he brings the caveat of having kingdom expansion interest otherwise it will not work. Ingenious I tell you.

This book puts to bed all the lies about tithe not being of the law. Mal 3:8-11 was the focus of this book. He only made little remarks about Abraham's obedience. If this book is anything to go by, tithe promoters lie greatly if they say Malachi doesn't inform their adherence to tithing. Oyedepo, the chairman of them all relies on it fully.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Enigma(m): 10:51am On Oct 21, 2013
^^^^ See here https://www.nairaland.com/393253/rhapsody-realities-daily-devotional/9#8071513

The Giving That Stands You Out – Thursday April 7, 2011 – Pastor Chris

And Joses, who by the apostles was surnamed Barnabas, (which is, being interpreted, The son of consolation,) a Levite, and of the country of Cyprus, Having land sold it, and brought the money, and laid it at the apostles’ feet (Acts 4:36-37).

It’s impossible for a Christian who only gives his tithes and offerings to feel like an accomplished giver, but the Bible lets us know these aren’t enough. Your tithes for example belong to God, and He expects you to give them to Him anyway. The man who does otherwise is a robber: “Will a man rob God: Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings” (Malachi 3:8 ).

God is not a man (Numbers 23:19); He’s God. So you MUST give Him your tithes and your offerings, as God. Actually, you pay your tithe; you don’t give it, as you would your free-will offering. So your tithe is not a gift, because you don’t pay a gift. Your offering on the other hand isnt just a donation made to the Church, but a sacrifice offered to a divine being. God actually demanded for it in Exodus 23:15: “…None shall appear before Me empty-handed” (AMP).

So, beyond your tithes and giving your offerings, which are compulsory for every believer, you have to go the extra mile by getting financially involved in the spread of the Gospel. This type of giving is special because it isn’t a compulsion, but is done out of your love and commitment to the Gospel. 2 Corinthians 9:7 (AMP) says, “Let each one [give] as he has made up his own mind and purposed in his heart, not reluctantly or sorrowfully or under compulsion, for God loves (He takes pleasure in, prizes above other things, and is unwilling to abandon or to do without) a cheerful (joyous, “prompt to do it”) giver [whose heart is in his giving]. This is the giving that stands you out.”

Remember it’s in your interest and in your favour when you give to the Lord, for He has promised great returns and mighty harvest of blessings for the giver. So be sure to be counted among those who give financially towards the things of God. In our Ministry, we have several platforms through which we reach millions of souls around the world every day with the Gospel. Locate such opportunities and participate big-time. That’s how to get relevant in the Kingdom and make your life count.

Prayer
Dear Father, thank you for the available opportunities I have to give towards the work of the Kingdom today, realizing that they’ve been put in place for me to make my relevance and impact in world evangelism felt through my giving. Thank you Lord, for continuously increasing my capacity to give, in Jesus’ Name. Amen,

Further Study
Luke 8:2-3
And certain women, which had been healed of evil spirits and infirmities, Mary called Magdalene, out of whom went seven devils, And Joanna the wife of Chuza Herod's steward, and Susanna, and many others, which ministered unto him of their substance.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Luke 11:14-36
Reading plan Judges 3-4

2 Year Bible Matthew 27:55-66
Reading Plan Leviticus 7

Rhapsody of Realities Pastor Chris Oyakhilome
----------------------------------------------------

Any time Joagbaje in particular talks his deceitful nonsense, shove this in his face. wink

cool

5 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by ejiykzazi2007(m): 11:12am On Oct 21, 2013
In my litle understanding, I wil say what was meant in Malachy was that the people should bring foods to the house of God, so that the needy and poor can always come to the house of God and be fed. But today churches dontt give, they take, even from the poor. God, let me not say things that will condemn me...
But nowadays I dont think even d tithes are used for d benefit of d poor. Even times of harvest in churches where dey are suppose to go share those harvest offerings to d poor and needy, they sell dem to the rich in the form of basaar and use the money for business or church buldings.
May God help us...
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Zikkyy(m): 1:04pm On Oct 21, 2013
Candour:
I just skimmed through the book again and shook my head at the 'snake oil merchant' tactics used all over. He talks about obedience to the law working all the time because God cannot fail, then he brings the caveat of having kingdom expansion interest otherwise it will not work.

Is the kingdom expansion interest similar to what oyaks is saying here....

Enigma:
It’s impossible for a Christian who only gives his tithes and offerings to feel like an accomplished giver, but the Bible lets us know these aren’t enough.

...and this one below....

Enigma:
So, beyond your tithes and giving your offerings, which are compulsory for every believer, you have to go the extra mile by getting financially involved in the spread of the Gospel.

So for tithe to work you must give more than your tithe, damn! angry see 'milking' strategy grin so this is the secret ingredient image123 was talking about. Image123 kindly confirm please.

3 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Zikkyy(m): 1:20pm On Oct 21, 2013
Enigma:
It’s impossible for a Christian who only gives his tithes and offerings to feel like an accomplished giver, but the Bible lets us know these aren’t enough. Your tithes for example belong to God, and He expects you to give them to Him anyway. The man who does otherwise is a robber: “Will a man rob God: Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings” (Malachi 3:8 ).

God is not a man (Numbers 23:19); He’s God. So you MUST give Him your tithes and your offerings, as God. Actually, you pay your tithe; you don’t give it, as you would your free-will offering. So your tithe is not a gift, because you don’t pay a gift. Your offering on the other hand isnt just a donation made to the Church, but a sacrifice offered to a divine being. God actually demanded for it in Exodus 23:15: “…None shall appear before Me empty-handed” (AMP).

Can you just imagine angry and joagbaje will say he is tithing according to Abraham grin

Enigma:
Your offering on the other hand isnt just a donation made to the Church, but a sacrifice offered to a divine being. God actually demanded for it in Exodus 23:15: “…None shall appear before Me empty-handed” (AMP).

na wa o! So God demanded for my offering in Exodus 23:15..... grin

Exodus 23:15 (NIV)
15 “Celebrate the Festival of Unleavened Bread; for seven days eat bread made without yeast, as I commanded you. Do this at the appointed time in the month of Aviv, for in that month you came out of Egypt. “No one is to appear before me empty-handed.

Now i know the source of joagbaje's quoting skills. Oyaks quoted scripture that appears to support his teaching; the part of Exodus 23:15 that says....“…None shall appear before Me empty-handed” .......and the sheep, Ram and he-goats sitting in front of him (in church) will bring out their highlighter/marker and color that part of their bible that says...“None shall appear before Me empty-handed" grin

I know joagabje will come here and say offering was before the law, lol! grin

2 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Zikkyy(m): 1:30pm On Oct 21, 2013
Enigma:
This type of giving is special because it isn’t a compulsion, but is done out of your love and commitment to the Gospel. 2 Corinthians 9:7 (AMP) says, “Let each one [give] as he has made up his own mind and purposed in his heart, not reluctantly or sorrowfully or under compulsion, for God loves (He takes pleasure in, prizes above other things, and is unwilling to abandon or to do without) a cheerful (joyous, “prompt to do it”) giver [whose heart is in his giving]. This is the giving that stands you out.”

Is this not the same 2 Corinthians that tithers been using to defend the tithe fraud angry and Oyaks is saying otherwise i.e. freewill giving.

infact image123 already abandoned Abraham, he now tithes as a form of sowing and reaping according to 2 Corinthians 9:6-7 grin

2 Corinthians 9:6-8 (NIV)
6 Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. 7 Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.

Bunch of clowns angry
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Zikkyy(m): 1:34pm On Oct 21, 2013
Enigma:
Remember it’s in your interest and in your favour when you give to the Lord, for He has promised great returns and mighty harvest of blessings for the giver. So be sure to be counted among those who give financially towards the things of God.

This is the kind of sermon we are used to; that God will always deliver, 100% of the time. Don't know the source of image123's belief that God will not always deliver.

1 Like

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Candour(m): 1:53pm On Oct 21, 2013
@Enigma

Egbon, I say weldone. God will continue to deliver his children from crooks in suit who have made the gospel for which the apostles paid the supreme price nothing but a business.

I've always believed and said given enough Rope and time, the tithe proponents will always hang themselves. This is because their argument is predicated on falsehood.

This thread from 2011 throws all the stories about tithes as a principle out the window but knowing the pedigree of our tithe collectors here, I trust they'll conjure up another crooked way to wriggle out. However whichever way they decide to use, the bible and the truth it contains will always find them out.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Demainman1: 1:54pm On Oct 21, 2013
I think Pastor Joagbaje say no be malachi tithe him they pay yet his Oga @ the top is using same Malachi tithe to catch more customers tongue

Joagbaje, over to you sir!

2 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by chy22(m): 7:42am On Oct 22, 2013
TO TITHE OR NOT TO TITHE?

'CP' denotes 'compare passage'It needs to be established at the very outset here that this study does not teach against Christians giving into the work of God. It is about how they give – whether spontaneously, or by compulsion. A teaching persists in the contemporary church that Christians under grace in the New Testament are obligated to tithe as the Jews under the law had to tithe in the Old Testament. There are no defining scriptures anywhere in the Bible however, to validate such teaching. Nevertheless the proponents of tithing do use scriptures to argue their position.The purpose of this study is to examine those scriptures in context to determine if they really can be used for that purpose. But first let us find out exactly what the tithe is (CP Lev 27:30-34). We see from this that the tithe is a tenth part. Under the law here the Old Testament Jews had to pay ten percent of the produce of the earth and the increase of their herds and flocks to God. It had nothing to do with money then, as it has today. Today the tithe is stipulated as ten percent of one’s gross income which has to be paid to the local church. Those who argue for the tithe use Mal 3:8-11 to teach that the local church, being the place where Christians are spiritually fed, is the New Testament equivalent to the Old Testament storehouse where the tithes had to be taken, and that New Testament Christians who withhold their tithes will be cursed the same as the Old Testament Jews (CP Mal 3:8-11). Nothing that God says here can be applied to New Testament Christians. God rebuked the Jews who were under the law and obligated to tithe. New Testament Christians are not under the law because it has been fulfilled in Christ, and they have been redeemed from its curse (CP Ro 10:4; Ga 3:13-14).The tithe is first mentioned in scripture when Abraham tithed to Melchizedec – a priest of the most high God – from the spoils of war after the slaughter of the kings, when Abraham rescued his nephew Lot and the women captives, in Gen 14 (CP Gen 14:18-20). We will learn more about this tithe and how it is represented by the proponents of tithing in the contemporary church a little later when we study He 7. Another argument for tithing is said to be found in Mt 23:23 (CP 23:23). Many in the church believe that by acknowledging the obligation of the Jews to tithe here Jesus is teaching that tithing is also obligatory for New Testament Christians. Tithing is not even the issue though. Jesus was rebuking Scribes and Pharisees who were subject to the law and obligated to tithe anyway. The issue Jesus was addressing was not their tithes, but their neglect of justice, mercy and faithfulness toward others. To practice these was more important then being sticklers for the smallest detail of tithing (CP Mt 23:24-33). This is what Jesus was really leading up to in Mt 23, which precludes V23 from being used to teach that Jesus was sanctioning tithing for New Testament Christians.Compulsory tithing under the law in the Old Testament does not translate to giving under grace in the New Testament. The New Testament does not compel Christians, but rather invites them to give generously in response to the needs of others, and as an expression of their love for God (CP 1Cor 16:1-2; 2Cor 8:1-15; 9:1-15; Ga 6:6-8; Jas 2:13-17; 1Jn 3:16-19). We learn from these scriptures that New Testament giving is voluntary, spontaneous and freely given, not from a sense of obligation nor with an intent to merit blessings. Giving is to be seen as a privilege, not an obligation. 1Cor 16:1-2 is used by those who promote tithing to teach that the money the Corinthians were to put aside each Sunday represented the tithe. 2Cor 8:2-4 is used to encourage Christians to tithe, yet in V8 Paul clearly states that he was not commanding the Corinthians to give; he only wanted them to prove the sincerity of their love for their brothers and sisters in Christ. In V7 he calls their giving an act of grace, which is the exact opposite of mandatory tithing. In 2Cor 9:5 Paul stresses the importance of the collection being seen as a willing gift, not as money that has been extorted from them (CP 1Cor 16:3-4 with 2Cor 8:2-4, 7-8 and 9:5). The clear teaching in all these scriptures is that New Testament giving under grace comes from what one has, not from what one does not have. Christians are only expected to give according to their means, and although there must a readiness and eagerness in giving, Christians do not have to run themselves into debt or reduce themselves to poverty level in order to give into God’s work. This is acceptable to God. The issue is one’s willingness to give – not the amount (CP Lu 11:41; 2Cor 8:11-12; 9:7). Christians must not feel bad if they are ever unable to give (CP 2Cor 8:13-15). This teaches that Christians who are well off should meet the needs of those who are not. In this way none will lack, and there will be equality for all, just like God directed the Israelites with the manna in the wilderness (CP Ex 16:16-18).There are four things Christians must do in giving: they must give willingly from the heart, they must not give grudgingly; they must not give of compulsion; they must give cheerfully (CP 2Cor 8:12; 9:5, 7). Christians who give what they can to those in need will find that the grace of God furnishes a sufficiency for their own needs, and even more, in order that they may abound in good works for others (CP Psa 41:1-2; Pr 11:24-25; 19:17; 22:9; Ecc 11:1; Lu 6:38; 2Cor 9:6, 8-15). At the heart of all Christian giving is the acknowledgement that God is the creator, the owner, and the giver of all things, and what we give back to God is only a part of what He has given to us in the first place (CP Gen 1:1; Ex 19:5; De 8:7-20; 1Chr 29:10-16; Psa 24:1; 50:10-12;Hag 2:8; Jn 1:1-3; Jas 1:17; 2Pe 1:3). Everything Christians have belongs to the Lord. No one has anything that they had not first received from God.Those who hold that tithing is obligatory for New Testament Christians also use He 7: 1-10 to teach that, as Abraham was the antecedent of all New Testament Christians and paid a tithe to Melchizedec, it is incumbent upon all New Testament Christians to tithe. They contend that Abraham was the representative tithe payer of all his seed to come, which Christians are (CP Ga 3:29). Now let us look at He 7:1-10, but in the context of the whole chapter to see what it really means (CP He 7:1-28). When kept in the context of the whole of Ch 7 it is plain to see that tithing, as being obligatory for New Testament Christians, is not being taught in V1-10 at all. Melchizedec is the subject, not Jesus, and tithing is mentioned only in the context of demonstrating the superiority of Melchizedec over Abraham and Levi in the first place, and the superiority of Christ’s eternal priesthood over the temporary Levitical priesthood in the second place, which makes the New Covenant superior to the Old. That is the theme of He 7, not tithing. Tithing is only incidental to proving that the New Covenant, of which Jesus is the mediator, is by far superior to the Old Covenant, and it cannot be made to mean anything else (CP He 7:19,22-28; 8:6-13; 9:11-15). We also learn in these scriptures that the Old Covenant has been made obsolete in Christ and done way with in its entirety. That was how God designed it: the Old Covenant was only temporary; the New Covenant under Christ is everlasting (CP Hos 2;11 withRo 3:21-22; 10:4; 2Cor 3;7-14; Ga 3:19-26; 4:21-31; 5:1-4; Eph 2:13-16; He 7:12, 18:22; 8:6-13;9:8 -15; 10:1-10).The clear teaching in all these scriptures is that the Old Covenant, which includes the law on tithing, has been completely abolished in Christ and has no relevance for New Testament Christians. Yet those who stand for tithing argue that the tithe itself was not abolished, because it was established by Abraham four hundred and thirty years prior to the law when he tithed to Melchizedec in Gen 14:18-20, which we looked at earlier, and therefore it should be carried on by New Testament Christians. They use Ga 3:17-18 as their proof text. Let us see what it says, but also in context (CP Ga 3:13-18). This scripture cannot be used to teach that Abraham’s tithe to Melchizedec should be continued. This has nothing to do with tithing, or Melchizedec. It is about the Covenant God made with Abraham. Paul is using the analogy of God’s Covenant with Abraham, and a legal agreement made between humans, to show that once the parties to it ratify an agreement, it stands forever – it cannot be annulled or voided. What Paul is teaching here is that the blessings God promised Abraham stand forever too. They were not affected by the law in any way (CP Gen 12:1-3, 7; 13:14-18; 15:1-18; 17:4-8; 22:15-18;26:1-8; 28:1-4, 10-15 with Ro 4;1-25). This is the Covenant God made with Abraham. The purpose of the law was to keep a sinful people in the way of salvation until the seed of Abraham – Christ – came to inherit the promise, and distribute the blessings to all who receive Him by faith as saviour (CP Ga 3:6-16, 19-29). Everyone in Christ, regardless of nationality or sex, is the seed of Abraham and heir of God’s Covenant promise.It is patently obvious from the scriptures studied thus far that none of them can be legitimately used to promote tithing as a New Testament Christian obligation. As stated at the outset of this study, there is no defining scripture anywhere in the bible to validate any teaching that it is incumbent upon New Testament Christians to tithe. As also stated previously, compulsory tithing under the law in the Old Testament does not translate to giving under grace in the New Testament. New Testament giving is centred entirety around stewardship – Christians giving of themselves completely to the work of God – which includes their time, their finances, and their material possessions (CP Mt 10:37-39; Mk 8:34-38; Lu 14:26-35).None of this is teaching against New Testament Christians giving in to the work of God through their local church. Scriptures are very clear on the subject of giving – only those who sow into the Kingdom will reap the Kingdom benefits (CP Ga 6:6-10). Paul is defining God’s law of sowing and reaping here. It applies to every aspect of the Christian walk: Christians giving of themselves, their finances and their time to others; their financial support of the ministry, their moral behaviour, and their Christian service. Ga 6:9-10 teaches that while ever Christians keep doing good, in spite of the opposition they may encounter, in due course they will reap the fruit of the harvest. And notwithstanding that they are to do good unto all men, they are to be particularly concerned with the well - being of other Christians (CP Mt 25:31-46). All Christian giving has to be as to God, the Christians’ source, for whatever Christians do they are doing it as unto Jesus. Jesus equates Christians’ treatment of those in need with their treatment of Himself: what Christians do for them, they do for Him. The Christian walk is not only a spiritual walk, it must also serve the material needs of others, especially other Christians (CP Jas 2:13-17).Here Christians are presented with the real test of their faith. Christians are not justified by works, but because they are justified by faith, they do the works. This proves their consecration to God’s service and confirms their love for God and for each other (CP 1Jn 3:16-19). The only faith that saves is that demonstrated by works out of Christians’ love for God. This scripture is the exact counterpart of Jn 3:16: “Whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life”. 1Jn 3:16-19 is the acid test of Christianity by which Christians know whether they are following the example of God’s love to others. If Christians are not willing to give of material things to others in need, they certainly would not lay down their lives for them. It is not enough that wealth and material possessions are acquired for self-gratification. They must always be made available for the work of God (CP Mt 6:19-24; Lu 12:13-21; 2Cor 9:5-6). Although God’s law of sowing and reaping dictates that blessings will always be returned for generosity, Christians must never give in order to receive. Giving must always be motivated by love.It is the duty of all who are taught the word to help provide material support for those who teach the word. Those who minister the word are entitled to live off the word (CP 1Cor 9:7-14; Ga 6:6;3 Jn 5-cool. No workers of the word should have to seek help in any form outside the church. Christians have a duty, which should be seen as a privilege, to contribute to the needs of every worker of the word. They must not be treated like beggars, but received, sent, and supported in a manner worthy of God (CP Mt 10:40-42; Lu 10:3-7; 1Ti 5:17-18). In Mt 10:41-42 Jesus promises that “he that receiveth a prophet in the name of a prophet shall receive a prophet’s reward and he that receiveth a righteous man in the name of a righteous man shall receive a righteous man’s reward”. This teaches Christians how important it is in God’s purposes to receive and support true messengers of the gospel.In bringing this study to a close here it needs to be re-stated that while there is extensive teaching on Christians giving into the work of God in the New Testament, there are no scriptures whatever that teach tithing. What they do teach is that Christians belong to God and what they have is held as a trust for him. Their giving is done to help those in need and to advance the Kingdom of God. They are only obliged to give in accordance with their means, out of what they have, and the amount they give is not as important as their willingness to give it. Giving is seen as proof of their love. It is done sacrificially and voluntarily. In their giving Christians sow not only money, but also faith, time and service. To sum up, their giving is characterized by what Paul said in 2Cor 9:7, “every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give, not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.”
Source bible truth

1 Like

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by truthislight: 10:47am On Oct 22, 2013
well, it is true that what he is and what the apostle of christ were are miles appart.
from what you wrote below about Oyedegpo the difference is clear.

Zikkyy:

Lol!, you know say oyedepo na celebrity grin

The below scriptures shows the mentality of a true man of God and not what we see around us today.

The spirit of God cant and will never be responsible for the filth and reproach we see around in the name of christianity:

1 Thessalonians 2:3-10

English Standard Version (ESV)
Paul's Ministry to the Thessalonians

3 For our appeal does not spring from error or impurity or any attempt to deceive, 4 but just as we have been approved by God to be entrusted with the gospel, so we speak, not to please man, but to please God who tests our hearts.

5 For we never came with words of flattery, as you know, nor with a pretext for greed—God is witness.

6 Nor did we seek glory from people, whether from you or from others, though we could have made demands as apostles of Christ.

7 But we were gentle[c] among you, like a nursing mother taking care of her own children. 8 So, being affectionately desirous of you, we were ready to share with you not only the gospel of God but also our own selves, because you had become very dear to us.

9 For you remember, brothers, our labor and toil: we worked night and day, that we might not be a burden to any of you, while we proclaimed to you the gospel of God.

10 You are witnesses, and God also, how holy and righteous and
blameless was our conduct toward you believers.

That ^ above is the spirit from above and not what we see around us.

Let him that has ear, hear what the bible says.
Peace

2 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by dragunov: 3:41pm On Oct 22, 2013
madone: Watching with ma eye
Ojebi. You suppose watch with your nose ni.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Image123(m): 11:07am On Oct 25, 2013
flexshop:

[b]I honestly didn't want to go into the issue of tithe because I, havin divided the word of truth to show myself approved have known for ages that this issue of tithe is not a commandment of christ.never for one day did christ say I should pay tithe, instead he said I should Love my neighbour as myself.
I only used the oppurtunity of the discourse to air my views.like you rightly said,its not only tithing but also the numerous 'seeds' et cetera these pastors fleece their members of.tithes are paramount because its steady and compulsory in churches run by these charlatans.
My brother, Jesus christ never had billions. He would have commanded his thousands of followers to contribute tithe to his ministry which at the time was even in need of funds to propagate the goodnews.
Even jesus christ told a rich young man who came to him to go, sell all he has, GIVE TO THE POOR and follow me.todays pastors will tell you, Go sell what you have and sow into the ministry.my brother, any pastor who has more than lifes basic needs ie food, clothes and shelter, is simply not of God.
Honestly, I don't believe we have true followers of christ.I just pity these wealthy men who claim to be men of God,the judgement of ananias and his wife will be better than what some would get.

I like your christ, but not your christians, because they are so much unlike your christ- mahatma ghandi[/b]

Like i said, you missed the point. Tithe is not the point, it is only one of the numerous practices that have being abused. Offerings and vows and firstfruits etc have also being abused. i am against the abuse of anything as well. but i do not hide behind one finger like most antitithers. Jesus told the pharisees to love their neighbours in Matthew 22. In the next chapter, He said to give tithes. You decided to pick one, no wahala. but do not tell us not to pick the two, that is where the wahala is.
Yes Christ never had billions, but the Bible states that He became poor that we might be rich(whatever that means). We cannot judge people primarily and only on their possessions. Love of money is not necessarily measured by one's bank account.
Luk 12:15 And he said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth.

When you say "I don't believe we have true followers of christ." That pre states that you are not a follower of Christ. Are you?

Others, i am coming to reply the ones that need reply oh. Go and start fasting and prayer smiley smiley smiley
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by debosky(m): 11:31am On Oct 25, 2013
Image123:
Jesus told the pharisees to love their neighbours in Matthew 22. In the next chapter, He said to give tithes. You decided to pick one, no wahala. but do not tell us not to pick the two, that is where the wahala is.

Very good! I am very glad to see another person who opposes the pick-and-chooseism practice.

I hope you do all the Pharisees teach as well as Jesus said in Matthew 23 vs 1 as well since you've decided to 'pick the two'?

5 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by flexshop(m): 12:23pm On Oct 25, 2013
Image123:
Like i said, you missed the point. Tithe is not the point, it is only one of the numerous practices that have being abused. Offerings and vows and firstfruits etc have also being abused. i am against the abuse of anything as well. but i do not hide behind one finger like most antitithers. Jesus told the pharisees to love their neighbours in Matthew 22. In the next chapter, He said to give tithes. You decided to pick one, no wahala. but do not tell us not to pick the two, that is where the wahala is.
Yes Christ never had billions, but the Bible states that He became poor that we might be rich(whatever that means). We cannot judge people primarily and only on their possessions. Love of money is not necessarily measured by one's bank account.
Luk 12:15 And he said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth.

When you say "I don't believe we have true followers of christ." That pre states that you are not a follower of Christ. Are you?

Others, i am coming to reply the ones that need reply oh. Go and start fasting and prayer smiley smiley smiley
I'm not cherry picking the scriptures.I'm still striving to be rapturable oga.let's not go into much talk
If you show me a verse in the bible where jesus christs followers paid him tithe,then I will start paying my own tithe?
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Image123(m): 12:36pm On Oct 25, 2013
debosky:

Very good! I am very glad to see another person who opposes the pick-and-chooseism practice.

I hope you do all the Pharisees teach as well as Jesus said in Matthew 23 vs 1 as well since you've decided to 'pick the two'?

Debo, you were conspicuously absent on this thread
https://www.nairaland.com/1457950/matthew-23-message-lets-discuss
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Image123(m): 12:44pm On Oct 25, 2013
flexshop:
I'm not cherry picking the scriptures.I'm still striving to be rapturable oga.let's not go into much talk
If you show me a verse in the bible where jesus christs followers paid him tithe,then I will start paying my own tithe?

its not exactly my business whether you pay your tithe or no. Just don't come to tell us to stop giving ours. You did not answer my question about your statement that there is no true follower of Christ. Are you a tue follower of Christ? If you have any questions on tithe, kindly go through the thread, if you have questions or you thnk a question was not answered to satisfaction, show us the place and lets discuss.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by flexshop(m): 1:05pm On Oct 25, 2013
Image123:
its not exactly my business whether you pay your tithe or no. Just don't come to tell us to stop giving ours. You did not answer my question about your statement that there is no true follower of Christ. Are you a tue follower of Christ? If you have any questions on tithe, kindly go through the thread, if you have questions or you thnk a question was not answered to satisfaction, show us the place and lets discuss.
I have never canvassed or told anyone to stop paying tithes, I believe that even the aim of the thread opener was to expose the lies in tithing and leave the judgement to the tithers discretion.
Let's be honest here, we are really follower by mouth,hardly do our actions reflect christendom. Jesus said the call me master master,but their hearts are far away from me.I challenge you to show me a scripture were jesus christs followers paid tithe to him?
Apart from the pharisees who tithed and tax to ceaser, where did jesus collect tithe from his followers?
God will help us
[b]
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Demainman1: 1:14pm On Oct 25, 2013
At least we know that when he was asked to pay TAX he paid it as that was the requirement of Ceaser so paying tax is mandatory. Why did they not ask him if he pays TITHE? because they know that he was not a FARMER hence he is not required to pay TITHE.

THIS IS WHY OUR LORD NEVER PAID TITHE! ONLY FARMERS PAID TITHE!!

1 Like

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Candour(m): 1:16pm On Oct 25, 2013
Here I come again to sound a word of advice. This thread is about tithes. We might deviate a bit to get a clearer view of it but let us remember to stay in focus to avoid derailing completely.

Once again, let everyone remember that the thread is about tithes and the store house of Malachi chapter 3.

God bless you all

1 Like

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by debosky(m): 1:55pm On Oct 25, 2013
Image123:

Debo, you were conspicuously absent on this thread
https://www.nairaland.com/1457950/matthew-23-message-lets-discuss

I was not aware of it - I'll go take a look now.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by flexshop(m): 5:09pm On Oct 25, 2013
Demain_man: At least we know that when he was asked to pay TAX he paid it as that was the requirement of Ceaser so paying tax is mandatory. Why did they not ask him if he pays TITHE? because they know that he was not a FARMER hence he is not required to pay TITHE.

THIS IS WHY OUR LORD NEVER PAID TITHE! ONLY FARMERS PAID TITHE!!
wow, so only farmers should pay tithe, that's a new one
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by MarkMiwerds(m): 5:21pm On Oct 25, 2013
flexshop:
wow, so only farmers should pay tithe, that's a new one
not really new at all. The truth that farmers were the only ones that were required to tithe has been taught since 1450 B.C..

Leviticus 27:30 (KJV) 30 And all the tithe of the land, [whether] of the seed of the land, [or] of the fruit of the tree, [is] the LORD'S: [it is] holy unto the LORD.

Leviticus 27:31 (KJV) 31 And if a man will at all redeem [ought] of his tithes, he shall add thereto the fifth [part] thereof.

Leviticus 27:32 (KJV) 32 And concerning the tithe of the herd, or of the flock, [even] of whatsoever passeth under the rod, the tenth shall be holy unto the LORD.

Leviticus 27:33 (KJV) 33 He shall not search whether it be good or bad, neither shall he change it: and if he change it at all, then both it and the change thereof shall be holy; it shall not be redeemed.

It may shock you to also find out that God further limited the tithe to only those who were descendants of Jacob.

Leviticus 27:34 (KJV) 34 These [are] the commandments, which the LORD commanded Moses for the children of Israel in mount Sinai.

2 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Image123(m): 6:40pm On Oct 25, 2013
Zikkyy:

Simply get the book. It says in all the chapters that tithes do not work all the time, duh.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by MarkMiwerds(m): 6:48pm On Oct 25, 2013
Image123:
Simply get the book. It says in all the chapters that tithes do not work all the time, duh.
yet, God's Word declares that tithes produce results.

Who ya gonna believe? God? or Oyedepo?

Some want to believe Oyedepo's possibilities over God's assurance.

Smh

Oyedepo: "Tithe! Take a gamble! You just might get lucky and get a return!!"

God: "Tithe. I will open the windows of Heaven and pour you out a blessing!!"

Sorry, but this is a no-brainer. God promised blessings for tithing. He would not withhold those blessings for obedient children.

But the tithe God required is not the same tithe that Oyedepo requires. (although Oyedepo lies to all, telling them God requires it)

2 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Image123(m): 6:53pm On Oct 25, 2013
Candour:

Infact, I think I have gotten hold of the famous 'little book' image123 is talking about. Was searching through my mini library this morning to read my daughter a story book before taking her to school and out fell a small book with title 'COVENANT WEALTH' written in 1992 by Oyedepo and reprinted in 2009.

I just skimmed through the book again and shook my head at the 'snake oil merchant' tactics used all over. He talks about obedience to the law working all the time because God cannot fail, then he brings the caveat of having kingdom expansion interest otherwise it will not work. Ingenious I tell you.

This book puts to bed all the lies about tithe not being of the law. Mal 3:8-11 was the focus of this book. He only made little remarks about Abraham's obedience. If this book is anything to go by, tithe promoters lie greatly if they say Malachi doesn't inform their adherence to tithing. Oyedepo, the chairman of them all relies on it fully.

You're off tangent on this. i was clear about the title of the book. The name is "THE HIDDEN COVENANTS OF BLESSINGS". Dunno about all the adjectives y'all are giving the book. i was very clear. i never called the book a messiah of some sort or the epitome of tithe teaching. i simply gave a proof that a popular tithe preacher says that tithe does not work all the time, contrary to what zikky wanted us all to believe. And i have stated that neither does anything work all the time(on its own that is). You don't build a mountain on a single Bible verse without considering other Bible verses. We can pick any of the promises of God and put it to the same 'test'.
Mar 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
Mar 16:18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Serious Bible students know that the promises of God are conditional. Theologists think it is like magic. i do not have the time to take each of you on kindergaten stuff, other men have the privilege of going through such labour. If you do not see this basic truth, well i pray God will show you light on it, thanks.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Candour(m): 7:07pm On Oct 25, 2013
Image123:

You're off tangent on this. i was clear about the title of the book. The name is "THE HIDDEN COVENANTS OF BLESSINGS". Dunno about all the adjectives y'all are giving the book. i was very clear. i never called the book a messiah of some sort or the epitome of tithe teaching. i simply gave a proof that a popular tithe preacher says that tithe does not work all the time, contrary to what zikky wanted us all to believe. And i have stated that neither does anything work all the time(on its own that is). You don't build a mountain on a single Bible verse without considering other Bible verses. We can pick any of the promises of God and put it to the same 'test'.
Mar 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
Mar 16:18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Serious Bible students know that the promises of God are conditional. Theologists think it is like magic. i do not have the time to take each of you on kindergaten stuff, other men have the privilege of going through such labour. If you do not see this basic truth, well i pray God will show you light on it, thanks.

You see why your tithe mentors can't be trusted. In the book I mentioned, he stated that the principle works every time. Maybe he forgot what he wrote in the one I have. When was this one you're talking about published? The one I have was published in 1992. I'm sure this one you have is a more recent publication hence the revised promises.

Probably evidence has shown him that financial prosperity is not by tithing hence he has to remix it.

Anyway what about the devourer? Does it work all the time? Because Adeboye mentioned devourer can't be escaped. So what is your opinion on this?

2 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by MarkMiwerds(m): 7:10pm On Oct 25, 2013
Candour:

You see why your tithe mentors can't be trusted. In the book I mentioned, he stated that the principle works every time. Maybe he forgot what he wrote in the one I have. [b]When was this one you're talking about published? [/b]The one I have was published in 1992. I'm sure this one you have is a more recent publication hence the revised promises.

Probably evidence has shown him that financial prosperity is not by tithing hence he has to remix it.
HCoB was written in 1995. Apparently, it didn't take Oyedepo long to twist his story... As all guilty people tend to do.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by truthislight: 7:30pm On Oct 25, 2013
Mark Miwerds: not really new at all. The truth that farmers were the only ones that were required to tithe has been taught since 1450 B.C..

Leviticus 27:30 (KJV) 30 And all the tithe of the land, [whether] of the seed of the land, [or] of the fruit of the tree, [is] the LORD'S: [it is] holy unto the LORD.

Leviticus 27:31 (KJV) 31 And if a man will at all redeem [ought] of his tithes, he shall add thereto the fifth [part] thereof.

Leviticus 27:32 (KJV) 32 And concerning the tithe of the herd, or of the flock, [even] of whatsoever passeth under the rod, the tenth shall be holy unto the LORD.

Leviticus 27:33 (KJV) 33 He shall not search whether it be good or bad, neither shall he change it: and if he change it at all, then both it and the change thereof shall be holy; it shall not be redeemed.

It may shock you to also find out that God further limited the tithe to only those who were descendants of Jacob.

Leviticus 27:34 (KJV) 34 These [are] the commandments, which the LORD commanded Moses for the children of Israel in mount Sinai.

grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (43) (Reply)

Prophet Odumeje Was Slapped & Beaten By Security During His Church Demolition / Isaac, Bishop Oyedepo's Son, Resigns From Living Faith Church / Pornographic Films Shot In Catholic Church Without Permission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.