Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,620 members, 7,809,286 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:18 AM

The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED (77893 Views)

Discussion / Tithe And The True Storehouse - Malachi 3:10 / The Deception Of The Roman Catholic Mass (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Image123(m): 6:52pm On Oct 15, 2013
debosky: Interesting exposition but ultimately isn't where the primary focus should be in my humble opinion.

The crux of Malachi 3:10 as I see it is thus:

1. Is it solely describing the specific tithe commanded to the Israelites or is it also speaking to Christians as an instruction to follow?

2. If the latter is true, then the question this thread focuses on becomes relevant - what are the tithes and what is the devourer and what is the storehouse for Christians?

The reason I think as written above is this - if Malachi 3:10 is not an instruction to Christians, then regardless of the meaning of tithe and storehouse and devourer, it will remain strictly for the Jews.

Now I know folk will bring up Timothy and say all scripture is God-breathed and so on, but being God-breathed does not mean a blanket requirement for a Christian to copy all the practices therein. Therefore if 3:10 is not an instruction to follow for Christians, we learn from it that when God gives a commandment/law, it should be followed, not that we have to tithe in order to avoid devourers.

Mal 3:10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.
The phrase "all the tithes" is clear enough. Abraham gave all the tithe, so did Jacob, so did the pharisee.
Gen 28:22 And this stone, which I have set for a pillar, shall be God's house: and of all that thou shalt give me I will surely give the tenth unto thee.
Gen 14:20 And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave him tithes of all.
Luk 18:12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.

So, evidently, we see that God has never rejected all the tithe, whether before the law or during the law. And if He is the God that changes not, He will not reject all the tithe now, else He would have stated it. Certainly He had stuff to say about amendments in Matthew 5, about sabbath, circumcision and co.
2Ti 3:16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
The verse in red is a bonafide part of scripture. We cannot neglect it or be coerced into avoiding it. ALL Scripture is profitable for INSTRUCTION. The next verse reiterates that it is for the man of God. All scripture belong to us.

So, what are the tithes and what is the devourer and what is the storehouse for Christians? The focus and reason for the tithe should be remembered. It is to take care of the temple workers. Of course, i do not expect that any sane and regular reader on the religion section should be taking us back to kindergaten talk about tithe to widows and orphans. Those are not the tithe being referred to in the verse. This one comes to to the STORE HOUSE. So when it says BRING ALL, even Old Testament folks knew the context, not to now talk of New Testament, blood of Jesus bought, Holy Ghost dwelling christians, as it were. The purpose for the tithe according to the verse is THAT THERE MAY BE MEAT IN my House. That is to take care of the temple workers. It is the same application today. Pharisees will stick to letter and demand that NO WORk be done on the sabbath day, missing the purpose and reason of God. It is no wonder that present day pharisees will demand that we must give church work only agric produce, even when we all know that does not meet the need or fulfil the purpose today.
THAT THERE MAY BE MEAT is not just indicative of a dogmatic view of meat as we know it. Meat does not have to be agric produce today. Jesus talked about His meat, to do God's will. When the scripture talks about our daily bread, or of the arrow that flies by night, or of treading serpents and scorpions. We should be mature enough in understanding, and not be as rigid as the OP to think it is just agege bread God must give us daily. Your own bread might be pepper in the market, another's might be a job in the bank. That the Bible uses so much of agric terms is indicative of the society and economy that was prevalent at that time.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Goshen360(m): 10:38pm On Oct 15, 2013
Image123:

Mal 3:10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.
The phrase "all the tithes" is clear enough. Abraham gave all the tithe, so did Jacob, so did the pharisee.
Gen 28:22 And this stone, which I have set for a pillar, shall be God's house: and of all that thou shalt give me I will surely give the tenth unto thee.
Gen 14:20 And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave him tithes of all.
Luk 18:12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.

So, evidently, we see that God has never rejected all the tithe, whether before the law or during the law. And if He is the God that changes not, He will not reject all the tithe now, else He would have stated it. Certainly He had stuff to say about amendments in Matthew 5, about sabbath, circumcision and co.
2Ti 3:16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
The verse in red is a bonafide part of scripture. We cannot neglect it or be coerced into avoiding it. ALL Scripture is profitable for INSTRUCTION. The next verse reiterates that it is for the man of God. All scripture belong to us.

[size=15pt]So, what are the tithes and what is the devourer and what is the storehouse for Christians?[/size] The focus and reason for the tithe should be remembered. It is to take care of the temple workers. Of course, i do not expect that any sane and regular reader on the religion section should be taking us back to kindergaten talk about tithe to widows and orphans. Those are not the tithe being referred to in the verse. This one comes to to the STORE HOUSE. So when it says BRING ALL, even Old Testament folks knew the context, not to now talk of New Testament, blood of Jesus bought, Holy Ghost dwelling christians, as it were. The purpose for the tithe according to the verse is THAT THERE MAY BE MEAT IN my House. That is to take care of the temple workers. It is the same application today. Pharisees will stick to letter and demand that NO WORk be done on the sabbath day, missing the purpose and reason of God. It is no wonder that present day pharisees will demand that we must give church work only agric produce, even when we all know that does not meet the need or fulfil the purpose today.
THAT THERE MAY BE MEAT is not just indicative of a dogmatic view of meat as we know it. Meat does not have to be agric produce today. Jesus talked about His meat, to do God's will. When the scripture talks about our daily bread, or of the arrow that flies by night, or of treading serpents and scorpions. We should be mature enough in understanding, and not be as rigid as the OP to think it is just agege bread God must give us daily. Your own bread might be pepper in the market, another's might be a job in the bank. That the Bible uses so much of agric terms is indicative of the society and economy that was prevalent at that time.

^ Is the church = to the storehouse? I simply can't find your own answer to your own question is your own going in circles explanation. Is the storehouse = to the church today? Be straight forward please.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by MEILYN(m): 12:13am On Oct 16, 2013
Ukuts gp: Many are wallowing and basking in the epheora of mammoth ignorance and asininity cos they refuse to liberate their sub-conscious from the chasm of gigantic delusion. But the sommolent characteristics of Goshen's peroration molified the antagonistic predilections of his detractors. But let me maintain my state of equanimity and conviviality cos i am already enthralled by his meticulous elucidation.
chaii biko, u won kill person?. Lol, na wa oo.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Image123(m): 12:28am On Oct 16, 2013
Goshen360:

^ Is the church = to the storehouse? I simply can't find your own answer to your own question is your own going in circles explanation. Is the storehouse = to the church today? Be straight forward please.
Gosh, you can read i'm sure. You should have noticed that the post was a reply to debo's post that i quoted. It is debo's question, not mine. If you feel that a particular point was not addressed, there are more civil ways to state so than this. Do you even know the meaning of the phrase 'going in circles', or you think it is an insult to use on the opponent?
i have answered the what is tithes part directly, and anyone who understand that point should have no issues understanding the storehouse or the devourer. The context is clear.
The store house is the treasury or chambers or place where the offerings were stored. It is simply a building or place where things are stored. There is nothing scholarly or greekly or concordance expository about it. It is a bank, a store. In the same way, offerings, or whatever name you prefer(our word headmasters), collections, tithes, contributions, gifts, donations, they can be stored by the church today anywhere they deem fit. If they like, let them store it in a bowl or in a corporate bank account or in a member's house or in the pastor's kitchen, or inside a church building. It's the same thing and same purpose achieved, to keep to save to store. Its history appears to be from the below; not rocket science BTW.
2Ch 31:11 Then Hezekiah commanded to prepare chambers in the house of the LORD; and they prepared them,
2Ch 31:12 And brought in the offerings and the tithes and the dedicated things faithfully: over which Cononiah the Levite was ruler, and Shimei his brother was the next.

The devourer is well, the devourer. The devourer simply devours, eats something quickly, destroys something or wastes something. The devil is the chief devourer because he is the theif that comes to steal, kill and destroy, always looking for whom to devour.
1Pe 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:'
It is basic Christian 101 that christians are not wrestling against flesh and blood but against the devil and his team. So it is not surprise if a christian views an attack on himself or his own as coming from the devil. It is simply wisdom to get to the root of the matter instead of plucking leaves and branches. The Old Testament offers very little direct knowledge of the devil and his activities. However New Testament christians are not ignorant of his DEVICES.
i'm hoping further questions would be with the aim of understanding and learning, instead of the usual hole seeking.
Luk 11:53 And as he said these things unto them, the scribes and the Pharisees began to urge him vehemently, and to provoke him to speak of many things:
Luk 11:54 Laying wait for him, and seeking to catch something out of his mouth, that they might accuse him.

3 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Themind: 8:03am On Oct 16, 2013
Image123:
Gosh, you can read i'm sure. You should have noticed that the post was a reply to debo's post that i quoted. It is debo's question, not mine. If you feel that a particular point was not addressed, there are more civil ways to state so than this. Do you even know the meaning of the phrase 'going in circles', or you think it is an insult to use on the opponent?
i have answered the what is tithes part directly, and anyone who understand that point should have no issues understanding the storehouse or the devourer. The context is clear.
The store house is the treasury or chambers or place where the offerings were stored. It is simply a building or place where things are stored. There is nothing scholarly or greekly or concordance expository about it. It is a bank, a store. In the same way, offerings, or whatever name you prefer(our word headmasters), collections, tithes, contributions, gifts, donations, they can be stored by the church today anywhere they deem fit. If they like, let them store it in a bowl or in a corporate bank account or in a member's house or in the pastor's kitchen, or inside a church building. It's the same thing and same purpose achieved, to keep to save to store. Its history appears to be from the below; not rocket science BTW.
2Ch 31:11 Then Hezekiah commanded to prepare chambers in the house of the LORD; and they prepared them,
2Ch 31:12 And brought in the offerings and the tithes and the dedicated things faithfully: over which Cononiah the Levite was ruler, and Shimei his brother was the next.

The devourer is well, the devourer. The devourer simply devours, eats something quickly, destroys something or wastes something. The devil is the chief devourer because he is the theif that comes to steal, kill and destroy, always looking for whom to devour.
1Pe 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:'
It is basic Christian 101 that christians are not wrestling against flesh and blood but against the devil and his team. So it is not surprise if a christian views an attack on himself or his own as coming from the devil. It is simply wisdom to get to the root of the matter instead of plucking leaves and branches. The Old Testament offers very little direct knowledge of the devil and his activities. However New Testament christians are not ignorant of his DEVICES.
i'm hoping further questions would be with the aim of understanding and learning, instead of the usual hole seeking.
Luk 11:53 And as he said these things unto them, the scribes and the Pharisees began to urge him vehemently, and to provoke him to speak of many things:
Luk 11:54 Laying wait for him, and seeking to catch something out of his mouth, that they might accuse him.

This is the answer befitting "Gods Store House" and the "Devourer". @Image123, well done you have done a good job.

1 Like

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by PastorKun(m): 9:18am On Oct 16, 2013
Image123:

Some people are really gifted in twisting scriptures sha Allowing themselves to be used by the devil to keep those Jesus as set free in bondage.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by EMILO2STAY(m): 9:34am On Oct 16, 2013
Image123:

your write -up may sound covincing to the ignorant christian, but definately not to those who study the bible for themselves. You say tithing predates the law, yet you preach tithe according to the law with malachi 3:8. you pro-tithers sound very ureasonable and insincere. Secondly; there is no where in the new testament that talks about christians building a store house for tithe in the synagogue or church.
the verse you quoted to support the building of storehouse in the church is old testament, which is talking about a temple store house and not a church. jesus, paul, peter or any of the apostles never gave any command to build a store house for storing tithe.
thirdly; Ipeter5:8 is simply talking about how the devil works tirelessly seeking to decieve those he can easily decive. It has nothing to do with the physical destruction of plant in malachi 3:11.

3 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by MarkMiwerds(m): 2:00pm On Oct 16, 2013
Bossforeva: We need to cultivate the habit of tithing if u want ur harvest to be in bountiful folds
I am wondering just how long one is supposed to "cultivate the habit of tithing" before the harvest is "in bountiful folds?

My mother faithfully "tithed" for over half a century. Never once saw this "bountiful folds" you speak of.

The promise God attached with tithing does not match up with the "blessings" that all you "tithe" teachers claim. God said of the blessings He promised for tithing, "there shall not be room enough to receive it."

So many blessings that there is not enough room for them. That is quite a lot of blessings that obviously were absent in my mother's 50+ years of tithing her money. Who got the blessings she was supposed to have received for her faithfulness?

2 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Image123(m): 4:01pm On Oct 16, 2013
Mark Miwerds: I am wondering just how long one is supposed to "cultivate the habit of tithing" before the harvest is "in bountiful folds?

My mother faithfully "tithed" for over half a century. Never once saw this "bountiful folds" you speak of.

The promise God attached with tithing does not match up with the "blessings" that all you "tithe" teachers claim. God said of the blessings He promised for tithing, "there shall not be room enough to receive it."

So many blessings that there is not enough room for them. That is quite a lot of blessings that obviously were absent in my mother's 50+ years of tithing her money. Who got the blessings she was supposed to have received for her faithfulness?

i do not understand, your mother is the standard and example we are to follow or God's word is? You talk like one of the foolish unbelievers, the same 'point' can be made on giving or any of God's promises. One can pick some random fellow and say giving is not working or prayer is not working, or God is not working. It is unto you according to your faith. If your faith is in your mum and her life for 500 years, please keep it to yourself. We need people who's faith and hope is on God and His word.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by MarkMiwerds(m): 4:21pm On Oct 16, 2013
Image123:

i do not understand, your mother is the standard and example we are to follow or God's word is? You talk like one of the foolish unbelievers, the same 'point' can be made on giving or any of God's promises. One can pick some random fellow and say giving is not working or prayer is not working, or God is not working. It is unto you according to your faith. If your faith is in your mum and her life for 500 years, please keep it to yourself. We need people who's faith and hope is on God and His word.
My mother followed yours and others twisted interpretation of the Word of God.

That is why she never received the overabundance of blessings God promised to those who tithe. She was not following His directions, but nam's vain imagination of what the tithe was.

I have learned, not just from my mother's experiences, but also from God's Holy Word that the tithe you promote is not God's Holy tithe at all. He never authorized the tithe you promote.

Keep it to myself? Why? So your false doctrine of a monetary tithe requirement is not exposed to be the fraud it actually is? My mother's faithfulness in "tithing" her money and the end results is proof that God never required that monetary tithe, nor did He ever promise blessings for a monetary tithe.

4 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Image123(m): 5:07pm On Oct 16, 2013
and the death of musketo's relative is proof that there is no God. Tell us more then. We have a more sure word of prophecy thn your family's experience, no thanks.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by MarkMiwerds(m): 5:20pm On Oct 16, 2013
Image123: and the death of musketo's relative is proof that there is no God. Tell us more then. We have a more sure word of prophecy thn your family's experience, no thanks.
That "sure Word of Prophecy" declares that God will bless in overabundance for tithing.

Does it not?

Malachi 3:10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.

So, I ask again, where is this overabundance of blessing that my mother was supposed to get for tithing? The blessing of seeing pastors get richer while she continued to struggle in poverty month to month?

3 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Zikkyy(m): 5:41pm On Oct 16, 2013
Mark Miwerds:
That "sure Word of Prophecy" declares that God will bless in overabundance for tithing.

Does it not?

Malachi 3:10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.

So, I ask again, where is this overabundance of blessing that my mother was supposed to get for tithing? The blessing of seeing pastors get richer while she continued to struggle in poverty month to month?

most tithers if not all started tithing with little or no understanding of what it means to tithe and i know my brother image123 is one of them (knowing he will never admit). God will bless those he wants to bless and in the manner he wish to bless, tithe or no tithe. That is not to say we should not live a life pleasing in God's sight.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Zikkyy(m): 5:47pm On Oct 16, 2013
Image123:
i do not understand, your mother is the standard and example we are to follow or God's word is? You talk like one of the foolish unbelievers, the same 'point' can be made on giving or any of God's promises. One can pick some random fellow and say giving is not working or prayer is not working, or God is not working.

What are you saying? that tithing will not always yield the desired result? that God is selective in blessing tithers? is this not contrary to the pastoral gospel that tithing works all the time?

2 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by truthislight: 6:20pm On Oct 16, 2013
Image123: and the death of musketo's relative is proof that there is no God. Tell us more then. We have a more sure word of prophecy thn your family's experience, no thanks.

Sharrap !

There is no blessing that comes as a result of your fraudulent tithe. Simple.

I have too many experiences/examples to prove that.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by truthislight: 6:25pm On Oct 16, 2013
Mark Miwerds: That "sure Word of Prophecy" declares that God will bless in overabundance for tithing.

Does it not?

hmmmm!
smh for fraud!
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by christemmbassey(m): 6:27pm On Oct 16, 2013
truthislight:

Sharrap !

There is no blessing that comes as a result of your fraudulent tithe. Simple.

I have too many experiences/examples to prove that.
no just go far, dangote n Gate suppose to b image123's boys, but ironicaly, image123's pastor is busy praying for him to work in one of dangote's coys, what a calamity.

2 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Image123(m): 6:31pm On Oct 16, 2013
Mark Miwerds: That "sure Word of Prophecy" declares that God will bless in overabundance for tithing.

Does it not?

Youre simply rehashing what you just said. Jesus said give and it will be given unto you good measure, whatever you ask in my name will I do, he that asketh receiveth? Any unbeliever can ask again where the fulfilment to such promises are. Your mother's experience is not our yardstick, holding on to God is.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by truthislight: 6:38pm On Oct 16, 2013
Zikkyy:

most tithers if not all started tithing with little or no understanding of what it means to tithe and i know my brother image123 is one of them (knowing he will never admit). God will bless those he wants to bless and in the manner he wish to bless, tithe or no tithe. That is not to say we should not live a life pleasing in God's sight.

"That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for
he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. " (Matthew 5:45).
^
Equal oppurtunity for all. Hence, equal justice during judgement day.
No partiality with God.

Forget the fraudstars.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Image123(m): 6:43pm On Oct 16, 2013
Zikkyy:

What are you saying? that tithing will not always yield the desired result? that God is selective in blessing tithers? is this not contrary to the pastoral gospel that tithing works all the time?
Don't know where you got such gospel, hopefully it is not a figment of the antitither's imagination. Oyedepo for instance does.kt tell you that tithing works all the time. Read one little book he wrote "The hidden covenants of blessings". He says in EVERY chapter of the book that tithing alone is not enough.

1 Like

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by truthislight: 6:52pm On Oct 16, 2013
Image123:
Don't know where you got such gospel, hopefully it is not a figment of the antitither's imagination. Oyedepo for instance does.kt tell you that tithing works all the time. Read one little book he wrote "The hidden covenants of blessings". He says in EVERY chapter of the book that tithing alone is not enough.

Well, genuine bible tithing comes with a promise of a blessing.

So it was to those it was ment for. (Jews)

The one you and your man of god are asking for is a fraud hence.

1 Like

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by MarkMiwerds(m): 7:24pm On Oct 16, 2013
Image123:

Youre simply rehashing what you just said. Jesus said give and it will be given unto you good measure, whatever you ask in my name will I do, he that asketh receiveth? Any unbeliever can ask again where the fulfilment to such promises are. Your mother's experience is not our yardstick, holding on to God is.
You don't get it, do you?

God did not say "Prove me, and I might pour out blessings." Nor did He say "Prove me, and I will pour out a little bit of a blessing."

No, He said, "Prove me, and I will pour out so many blessings you will not have room enough to receive it."

Prove Him in what? He clearly tells us what to prove Him in. "Bring ye all the tithes into mine House." God promised to bless the tithe overabundantly for tithing... not tithing plus.

Is God a liar? Your doctrine sure makes Him to be one.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Zikkyy(m): 7:30pm On Oct 16, 2013
Image123:

so what's the missing ingredient? be kind enough to share na, be your brother's keeper. cos most tithers are not aware that tithing alone will not do the job. they tithe, sow seed, give offering yet not show.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Ukutsgp(m): 7:42pm On Oct 16, 2013
So if i dnt tithe i will nt get rich and be prosperous or what?
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Image123(m): 7:45pm On Oct 16, 2013
Zikkyy:

so what's the missing ingredient? be kind enough to share na, be your brother's keeper. cos most tithers are not aware that tithing alone will not do the job. they tithe, sow seed, give offering yet not show.

Go get the book, its a small book. thought you initially said it is pastoral gospel that states that tithing works all the time. The Bible is not a magic book, neither is any verse, OT or NT.

1 Like

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Image123(m): 7:52pm On Oct 16, 2013
Mark Miwerds: You don't get it, do you?

God did not say "Prove me, and I might pour out blessings." Nor did He say "Prove me, and I will pour out a little bit of a blessing."

No, He said, "Prove me, and I will pour out so many blessings you will not have room enough to receive it."

Prove Him in what? He clearly tells us what to prove Him in. "Bring ye all the tithes into mine House." God promised to bless the tithe overabundantly for tithing... not tithing plus.

Is God a liar? Your doctrine sure makes Him to be one.
i think you are the one that does not get it. Your personal experience is not a standard or yardstick for all of us to follow. God's Word is the yardstick, and it is His promises believers hold on to, not individual experiences. You guys are using the exact unbelieving tactics of unbelievers, yet you cannot see it. The same yawn can be made for any new testament promise. Is God a liar?
Mat 7:8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
Joh 16:23 And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.
Luk 6:38 Give, and it shall be given unto you, good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.
Gal 6:7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

1 Like

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by PastorKun(m): 8:05pm On Oct 16, 2013
Image123:

And since when did Oyedepo become an authority or even knowledgeable on the word of God Between does he give a refund for those the tithing doesn't work for?

1 Like

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Zikkyy(m): 8:27pm On Oct 16, 2013
Image123:
Go get the book, its a small book.

So i must pay before i know the hidden covenants of blessings? na wa o!

Image123:
thought you initially said it is pastoral gospel that states that tithing works all the time.

My position remain the same. the pastoral promise is that tithe works all the time. but it appears to be working for pastors only. The reason why other tithers (& zikkyy) need to know about the hidden covenants of blessings.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Ukutsgp(m): 8:39pm On Oct 16, 2013
Saying that if we dont tithe we wont get blessed is false. Abraham didnt get blessed because he tithed or not. Abraham was blessed because he believed God. He had an unwavering faith in the living God that was why he walked with God in obedience even to the extent of sacrificing his only son in obedience to God's instruction. He was already blessed b4 he tithed when he obey God's instruction to leave his father's house. If we can have faith in God, all of his blessing is ours for possession. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Image123(m): 9:43pm On Oct 16, 2013
Zikkyy:

So i must pay before i know the hidden covenants of blessings? na wa o!

My position remain the same. the pastoral promise is that tithe works all the time. but it appears to be working for pastors only. The reason why other tithers (& zikkyy) need to know about the hidden covenants of blessings.
Simply get the book. There are different ways to have access to a book. It affords you the opportunity of seeing things for yourself instead of making bland general statements that cannot be proven. i have given you a popular pastor and a small book(meaning you don't have to search too far or long) that refutes and negates your unverifiable claim that pastors preach that tithing works all the time.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Image123(m): 9:46pm On Oct 16, 2013
Pastor Kun:

And since when did Oyedepo become an authority or even knowledgeable on the word of God Between does he give a refund for those the tithing doesn't work for?
That thing "BTW" is not between, it is 'by the way'. You are always spitting out presumption and arrogant ignorance.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by MarkMiwerds(m): 1:03pm On Oct 17, 2013
Image123:
Oyedepo's book is contrary to God's promise. For instance, you say that in his book he does not tell you that tithing works all of the time. This of coruse, is contrary to God's promise and malign's God's character.

In Malachi, God said, "Prove me." How is it "proving God" when one tithes and He does not fulfill His promise that He gave for those who tithe? Such a god who does not always keep His promises is not to be trusted.

The God of the Bible is faithful to keep His promises.

Get Oyedepo's book? No thank you. Why would I want a book that tells me that God requires tithes of His people? Oyedepo is revealed to be a liar just trying to get more money out of the gullible masses through the sales of his book.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (43) (Reply)

"Muslims Attacked My Church During Crossover Night And Raped Girls"- Pastor / Apostle Johnson Suleman Reacts To Sex Scandal: "I'm Tough, Can't Bring Me Down" / Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 158
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.