Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,423 members, 7,954,665 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:06 AM

Should She Ask For Flight Ticket? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should She Ask For Flight Ticket? (2896 Views)

Am I Right To Ask For Separation / She Does Not Ask For Intimacy / Which Will You Ask For If You Were To Choose? (pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should She Ask For Flight Ticket? by bukatyne(f): 6:03pm On Oct 11, 2013
dayokanu: If it was the girl who said she wanted to see him, Does she also pay the fares?

All these I never chop mentality among naija babes sha.

Lol!

Dayo and Naija ladies!

What kind of relationship operate these days?

Don't the couple know each others' pocket and capability?

The woman has more than the man, is it not automatic she foots more of the bill and vice versa?

If the man must foot more of the bills, the woman should not complain if he doesn't see the necessity in helping her in the chores in future
Re: Should She Ask For Flight Ticket? by bukatyne(f): 6:04pm On Oct 11, 2013
lady gogo: The OP's Sis should just see it as a vacation and pay for the trip or split the costs 70/30, 80/20. Let us stop being leeches gehs. tongue

Doesnt the op's sis want to see her man too? Why is it one-sided?

Na wa!

She is doing the man a service na...

You think it is easy to sleep with a man, wash his clothes and cook for him?

I don't blame them, I blame the guys that do like alapa stainless and olowo geisha
Re: Should She Ask For Flight Ticket? by pickabeau1: 9:21pm On Oct 11, 2013
There have been two intriguing debates today on gender roles viz-a-viz fiscal responsibility

Traditionally

Case 1

If a man summons you to his abode, he is supposed to be responsible for you as he is the one who initiates or will benefit from the encounter

Basically a woman should at least not be worse off

This is not a trip to silverbird but actually a 6hr trip with flight to cost at least 1200 usd so it's not beans

If she is the principled type she may need to stay in a hotel or with a friend
So extra costs

Looking at about 2000 usd - not a small sum

Case 2
It is expected that a man caters for a woman whetjer she has a career or not especially if she is not working as she is working in the home taking care of the home front

Personally:

Hold on till feb when he is chanced. You will know what to do then

I still await the day true equality will be practised
I dream of a day when there would be nothing wrong in a woman paying her way if she feels the cause is worth it

A day when there should be nothing wrong in having house husbands and bills will be footed without fuss

A day women will open car doors for men when they drive

A day when women take you out and pay for your dinner bill

A world of equality

smiley
Re: Should She Ask For Flight Ticket? by dayokanu(m): 9:26pm On Oct 11, 2013
bukatyne: Lol!

Dayo and Naija ladies!

What kind of relationship operate these days?

Don't the couple know each others' pocket and capability?

The woman has more than the man, is it not automatic she foots more of the bill and vice versa?

If the man must foot more of the bills, the woman should not complain if he doesn't see the necessity in helping her in the chores in future

You see what i am always talking about

If you want to be traditional then be traditional and never expect your man to wash plates or clean

How can you say you want to visit your boyfriend and ask him to foot the bill like you are doing him a favour?

Its the same bring bring bring leech mentality that has always held down naija girls from time. They would say other races men help their wifes but you dont see women from other races waiting for the man to pick their bills.
Re: Should She Ask For Flight Ticket? by armyofone(m): 9:33pm On Oct 11, 2013
I must get the round trip ticket to go if it were me o, no austerity in my book.
Not everyone knows how to play the game though.

stillwater:

So he knew he cannot afford it and he's berating her to come?
Re: Should She Ask For Flight Ticket? by armyofone(m): 9:34pm On Oct 11, 2013
Who dey ever chop belleful nowadays? More is better jare.

dayokanu: If it was the girl who said she wanted to see him, Does she also pay the fares?

All these I never chop mentality among naija babes sha.

Re: Should She Ask For Flight Ticket? by claremont(m): 7:18am On Oct 12, 2013
bayooz: Fellow nairalanders, I have a sister who has been in a distance relationship for some times. The guy in question lives and works in UK.
Recently, he pesters my sister to come on a visit in UK (hoping this may culminate into asking her hand in marriage).
Her question is, should she agree to come and should she ask for Visa and flight ticket fees??
Reasonable and sincere response please. grin grin
She should ask for the visa and ticket fees from the dude, and I'm definitely sure he would be willing to pay. He knows that she would be paying him back in kind anyway when she arrives. If she doesn't get the ticket money, she shouldn't take the risk herself.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Can My Father Re-marry Just Six Months After Mum’s Death? / I'm Tired Of Living, I'm Burned Out, I've No Where To Turn To / Confused Igbo First Son: Please Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.