Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,446 members, 7,830,225 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 5 - Travel (270) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 5 (611680 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 11:54am On Jan 04, 2014
Djbond: Hey guys, Chrigo and others.
Pls I'm new in this thread, I need more info about working and living in Canada permanently, the total fees that is to be paid and documents required. Pls analyse in details. Thanks
.....This is exactly what you need bro www.nairaland.com/1279130/canadian-federal-skilled-worker-program-timelines .......go through that thread and ask your questions...am sure you would get a positive response but please make sure you read through all the pages cuz if you end up asking questions that has already been answered in previous pages you might not get any response and i know you would come back to hunt this thread down again grin......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 11:56am On Jan 04, 2014
onos9ice: Hello, house. I got a mail from CIC yersterday which said I should log into MyCIC account that my account have been updated. I obeyed swiftly, and on getting to their website, I read the message and behold I was refused .
The reasons outlined were insufficient funds to Carter for myself without working and not enough prove that I'll leave Canada when I'm done.....
I applied on the Dec 6
.....Oops!!!.....so sorry bro.....List the document you submitted.......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 12:03pm On Jan 04, 2014
agbonz: Hello every1 pls m new in this forum and I will be needing help on how to secure a student visa for september(fall) 2014 in canada. I applied to Queeens university and the university of toronto already and I am expecting there responses thanks. Bless!
....you this to gather you document and submit online

www.nairaland.com/1229480/travelling-canada-part-4/279 (this is for the paper route but can also help give idea on docx to submit )
www.nairaland.com/1475467/travelling-canada-part-5/72
www.nairaland.com/1475467/travelling-canada-part-5/184

Try read up at least page 1 - 80 of this thread to get more knowledge and also learn from other peoples experience........
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by FISLAG: 12:04pm On Jan 04, 2014
eddydestiny: Please house i need your response concerning online route application which i have asked before but no respond.MY question,is POLICE REPORT important for online Application route for study permit not paper route,especially those who received their instruction to go for medical.FISLAG, ,lexmikey, TmishPLEASE I NEED YOUR RESPONSE.THANKS AS I WAIT .

Yes it's very important for all applicants from certain country of which Nigeria is inclusive. For online route, you scan it in the same document with your travel document/ passport. Sorry for the delay in response, iv been busy with preparations! Took off from Abuja ytsdy, at Paris airport chales de gulles, waiting for my connecting flight by 2pm.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by onos9ice: 12:12pm On Jan 04, 2014
ChriGo: .....Oops!!!.....so sorry bro.....List the document you submitted.......

I applied through the online route...

For the SOA's: My Inlaw & my Sister's: payslip, of more than
1m monthly, an account with closing balance of 1.4m but total credit was about 5m, Treasury bills of 3m and fixed deposit of 2m
and a sponsorship letter..

Other documents were, their marriage certificate, my letter of acceptance, my birth certificate but I didn't submit my academic. Docs like my WAEC and others.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 12:22pm On Jan 04, 2014
onos9ice:

I applied through the online route...

For the SOA's: My Inlaw & my Sister's: payslip, of about 1m monthly, an account with closing balance of 1.4m but total credit was about 5m, Treasury bills of 3m and fixed deposit and a sponsorship letter..

Other documents were, their marriage certificate, my letter of acceptance, my birth certificate but I didn't submit my academic. Docs like my WAEC and others.
.....With the way i see things around...CDHC focused more on your Statement of Account despite you have other means of funds.......i would advice you work more on the Account statement......1.4m is logically low to cater for your studies.....raise it to at least 6-7m closing balance to boost your chances.......thats my own opinion.......

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by flaiboy: 12:28pm On Jan 04, 2014
onos9ice: Hello, house. I got a mail from CIC yersterday which said I should log into MyCIC account that my account have been updated. I obeyed swiftly, and on getting to their website, I read the message and behold I was refused .
The reasons outlined were insufficient funds to Carter for myself without working and not enough prove that I'll leave Canada when I'm done.....
I applied on the Dec 6

Sorry bros. Repackage and refire. God will favour you this time. We applied @almost the same time.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by onos9ice: 12:30pm On Jan 04, 2014
ChriGo: .....With the way i see things around...CDHC focused more on your Statement of Account despite you have other means of funds.......i would advice you work more on the Account statement......1.4m is logically low to cater for your studies.....raise it to at least 6-7m closing balance to boost your chances.......thats my own opinion.......

Okay, but my mum was saying I should apply again through the paper route. But with a better closing balance though.
If I'm to apply through the paper route will I have to leave the originals of my documents with CDHC?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by onos9ice: 12:36pm On Jan 04, 2014
ChriGo: .....With the way i see things around...CDHC focused more on your Statement of Account despite you have other means of funds.......i would advice you work more on the Account statement......1.4m is logically low to cater for your studies.....raise it to at least 6-7m closing balance to boost your chances.......thats my own opinion.......

Okay, but my mum was saying I should apply again through the paper route. But with a better closing balance.

If I'm to apply through the paper route will I have to leave the originals of my documents with CDHC?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by lymelyte(m): 12:40pm On Jan 04, 2014
baba chriGo,please accept my pm.I want to relate with you.thanks and God bless.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 12:42pm On Jan 04, 2014
onos9ice:

Okay, but my mum was saying I should apply again through the paper route. But with a better closing balance though.
.....the online route is still very much effective than the paper route....you should be happy you went through the online cuz i am sure if you had gone through paper you would have waited 3-5months before getting any response (either good or bad response)....if you insist on doing paper route application then you can do ooo....and yes you will have to tender the original of your documents to CDHC....do not fear bro, your document will be returned to you after a decision is made......hmmmm!!! dats another importance of the online route....you get to still keep your documents and use for other purpose....All the best my bro........I know what you're thinking now grin......

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Djbond(m): 12:56pm On Jan 04, 2014
Pls I'm new in this thread, I need more info about the total fees/fares that is to be paid. Pls analyse in details. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 1:02pm On Jan 04, 2014
Djbond: Pls I'm new in this thread, I need more info about the total fees/fares that is to be paid. Pls analyse in details. Thanks
.....bros are you going for PGD or Masters?....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by VCTROKOYE: 1:40pm On Jan 04, 2014
Please I live in Toronto and go to Humber North Campus. I want to know if there is any Nigerian church around. I will also be glad to know any Nigerian association one can belong. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by patrovet1: 1:41pm On Jan 04, 2014
ChriGo pls reply I sent u a PM,pls reply
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ajik1: 1:55pm On Jan 04, 2014
Happy new year to d whole house. Pls I need someone to advice me, I was denied visa in Nov due to financial reasons but I have now repackaged to reapply. Fortunately, I discovered that I am 2weeks pregnant. Will it affect my chances.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 2:11pm On Jan 04, 2014
patrovet1: ChriGo pls reply I sent u a PM,pls reply
....will check now... should be in spam....

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by slyk2(m): 2:12pm On Jan 04, 2014
You can trust the online route better.
onos9ice:

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by patrovet1: 2:35pm On Jan 04, 2014
ChriGo pls let me knw 1ce u hv done it. Am waiting
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jan 04, 2014
compliments of the season to u honourable members of this thread,pls i wld love to apply for post graduates in canada offering environmental/occupational health programs i.e public health,but am looking for a school that accepts 2nd class lower division
,i await u guys suggestion and choices,the ones i came across are that of 2nd class upper division
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by BeulahHephziba: 2:56pm On Jan 04, 2014
@ VCTROKOYE, good to hear from you again.
In your quest for a church, just make sure the word life is ok and and in return they MUST give you sense of belonging. You need those to survive in a strange land.

Blessed are they which do hunger & thirst after righteousness:
for they shall be filled.

Wish you luck in your quest.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Seunalasho: 3:14pm On Jan 04, 2014
flaiboy: hi flaiboy,I applied online route too for may start date in niagara college submitted on 19th of dec,did biometrics d same date expecting medical instruction.but tinking of changing school to a cheaper one like mun after I might have gotten my temporary resident visa but someone told me mun doesn't have may start date.pls send me an email so we could talk more and kindly list d docs u submitted pls.thanks and God bless u

Sorry bros. Repackage and refire. God will favour you this time. We applied @almost the same time.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Seunalasho: 3:18pm On Jan 04, 2014
ChriGo: .....the online route is still very much effective than the paper route....you should be happy you went through the online cuz i am sure if you had gone through paper you would have waited 3-5months before getting any response (either good or bad response)....if you insist on doing paper route application then you can do ooo....and yes you will have to tender the original of your documents to CDHC....do not fear bro, your document will be returned to you after a decision is made......hmmmm!!! dats another importance of the online route....you get to still keep your documents and use for other purpose....All the best my bro........I know what you're thinking now grin......
uncle chrigo complement,how is canny I have submitted ooooo,but I need list of schools with very affordable tuition for May start date
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by BeulahHephziba: 3:44pm On Jan 04, 2014
@Ajik1,
Congrats. Do not panic about this. Everything work together for good to them that love God.
This situation has been dealt with on this thread, just that I can't
remember vividly the resolutions.
Anyway, from my experience, it is not advisable to travel in your first
trimester(0-3 months) for obvious reasons, but you are good to travel in your second trimester, coupled with the fact that you have to check with your doctor.

That said, with the above information you have nothing to fear.
If I were you, I will write a letter to the Visa officer about this, I
will disclose this outright, and I will also make him to understand that if my application is successful, I plan to travel in my second
trimester contingent upon my doctor's report if am good to go. Telling the VO before he finds out, shows;
1) you are in control of the situation
2) credibility and transparency
3) you are not desperate cuz all your cards are already on the table whatever happens.

With this, just trust God, and He will appear for you and sort you out. Do not panic.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 3:54pm On Jan 04, 2014
Seunalasho: uncle chrigo complement,how is canny I have submitted ooooo,but I need list of schools with very affordable tuition for May start date
....Glad to hear you have submitted ....trust in one and only Baba God...he will make the whole thing smooth for u.....Lambton college international biz management course has a may start date.....don't know if any other school exist for a may start date coursegrin.....just kidding......you can also check Conestoga college ....I tink one of its biz course has may start date......compliment to you too....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by lymelyte(m): 3:55pm On Jan 04, 2014
Boss chrigo,i don send ur email since oo. Abeg rp nau grin

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by shabbey09: 4:06pm On Jan 04, 2014
Congrats Britiko, happy 4 you. I'm also married with 2 kids.
I've not been able to get any answer to my question of how long I'm to wait after waiting 5 months already and applying through paper route, but...
Its like I'm the only one waiting for trv with work permit!! I've waited for 5 months now and my wait will be over soon!! I will post my good news soonest! I will be called for medicals this week! And finally pple that have my same question in mind will have answers to their question!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 4:07pm On Jan 04, 2014
lymelyte: Boss chrigo,i don send ur email since oo. Abeg rp nau grin
....mehn!!! your mail funny bro...I don reply sha grin....

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jan 04, 2014
feels good to be on here after serving my ban. congrats to all guys and babes that have collected their trv. i wish you all success in your studies in the maple leaf country.

I and a friend just discovered a way of getting very good rates for one way fliers(not one way tickets) for klm/airfrance/lufthansa so i thought i should share as it may save some extra dollars. I haven't tried it on middle eastern countries airline.

When you are about to book your tickets online, select return/ multiple destination. We used a family of two i.e husband and wife, We used Calgary & Edmonton for destination airport from Lagos, then chose Toronto to London for the return journey.

The result was:

$2500 for the return/multiple destination option. i.e lagos-calgary-toronto-london. if for one person.it's $1250.

$3800 for return trip to lagos. i.e lagos-calgary-calgary lagos.

$4650 for one way lagos-calgary.

Note: This is for two adult. I hope it helps someone.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by marksum: 4:49pm On Jan 04, 2014
saxywale: feels good to be on here after serving my ban. congrats to all guys and babes that have collected their trv. i wish you all success in your studies in the maple leaf country.

I and a friend just discovered a way of getting very good rates for one way fliers(not one way tickets) for klm/airfrance/lufthansa so i thought i should share as it may save some extra dollars. I haven't tried it on middle eastern countries airline.

When you are about to book your tickets online, select return/ multiple destination. We used a family of two i.e husband and wife, We used Calgary & Edmonton for destination airport from Lagos, then chose Toronto to London for the return journey.

The result was:

$2500 for the return/multiple destination option. i.e lagos-calgary-toronto-london. if for one person.it's $1250.

Congrat,bro..I tap from ur blessings..is it tru ur vfs tracking num,u got 2 knw ur visa is ready or did yu go 2 d Embassy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by VCTROKOYE: 5:26pm On Jan 04, 2014

shabbey09
No sir, ofcourse I got an acknowledgement letter and when I track online its saying "undergoing processing" I wonder why its taking so long since I already have a canadian job offer and LMO. Even when I call their customer care they say the same thing, undergoing processing. Its very very valid. Though it was paper application

Please shabbey09 how did you get the job from Nigeria? I have a friend who wants to follow that route to Canada. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Tmish(f): 5:54pm On Jan 04, 2014
saxywale: feels good to be on here after serving my ban. congrats to all guys and babes that have collected their trv. i wish you all success in your studies in the maple leaf country.

The result was:

Yes true. In addition to this, you can buy a return ticket for example- Lagos - Toronto then Toronto -Lagos. And call the airline to leave the return date open for you throughout the year- to select any date you wish to return to Nig later. In conclusion a return ticket is cheaper than a one way ticket.

(1) (2) (3) ... (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) ... (501)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.