Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,532 members, 7,823,313 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:32 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 5 - Travel (79) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 5 (610888 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nimakor: 11:41pm On Nov 05, 2013
equlibrium:
Yea i do, dats easy to verify. Any1 dat has 6-7 yrs in bankn is in dat pay range, usualy mor. I need dis mov cos naija employers hv no concept of time management. I hv don 6yrs, woken up 5.10am evryday nd gottn in earliest 9.30pm evrydy for 6yrs, dat is no life nd definitely nt worth $28k.
Plus i like white girls
Hehehehe @white girls...you sure will get more than a handfull. Beware of tranferables though!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Siga: 11:44pm On Nov 05, 2013
ChriGo: ...Sure NEPA dey dia...ask oga Siga grin...you knw say u be newbie for canny so u neva sabi much dia...Lol....
… Light can go off if there is snow storm and the cables are too heavy as they gather snow…. or tree branches get too heavy cos of snow…. they break off and land on power lines… thats what normally happens… not like Naija….

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nimakor: 11:45pm On Nov 05, 2013
House! I have hardly heard or seen any one going to Simon Fraser University. Is it not as appealing as it looks?
Because I am about to put it on my list.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 11:55pm On Nov 05, 2013
equlibrium:
Yea i do, dats easy to verify. Any1 dat has 6-7 yrs in bankn is in dat pay range, usualy mor. I need dis mov cos naija employers hv no concept of time management. I hv don 6yrs, woken up 5.10am evryday nd gottn in earliest 9.30pm evrydy for 6yrs, dat is no life nd definitely nt worth $28k.
Plus i like white girls
.......Lwkmd.....You like white girls gini grin......No be only canny get white girls na Oga banker!!!.....You go see white girls for South Africa na Haba!!!.....Bros you funny gan sha......Anyways God go grant you ya visa whether you wan go chase white girls or not.......lol......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 12:01am On Nov 06, 2013
Siga: … Light can go off if there is snow storm and the cables are too heavy as they gather snow…. or tree branches get too heavy cos of snow…. they break off and land on power lines… thats what normally happens… not like Naija….
......Na the snow Storm be the NEPA wey i dey talk about....lol....na the same function dem they perform......"To take Light" grin...........
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by missbon(f): 12:04am On Nov 06, 2013
Chrigo u don kill me with laff finish, just dropping by to say hi dear smiley
ChriGo: ......Na the snow Storm be the NEPA wey i dey talk about....lol....na the same function dem they perform......"To take Light" grin...........

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by francislarge: 12:11am On Nov 06, 2013
Please I need an urgent reply like seriously..... I applied for study permit this year april through an agency called maple education,after d submission i waited 4 months for d embassy to call for medicals but I later found out in july that d Canadian embassy was on strike though it was later called off that same month,so I was relieved. Now I waited patiently to receive a positive response from d embassy concerning my application only to be told that my app was denied because of my dad's company bank statement that I provided because there was a particular day(march 22,2013) 1.5m was paid twice into the account though d reason for that payment was to add to d previous money in d account thereby convincing d VO that there is sufficient fund to sponsor my education and expenses in Canada only to be told that my application was denied ....Now I want to reapply for study permit with two bank statements;
1.first bank savings account having 4m
2.company's account(unity bank) having 6m

Is it safe for me to re-apply considering d fact that my previous application was denied

Note;if I should provide a 6months bank statement of d company starting from may till october,the 1.5m that was paid twice will not reflect on it because d payment was made in march...
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 12:22am On Nov 06, 2013
miss bon: Chrigo u don kill me with laff finish, just dropping by to say hi dear smiley
....Miss bon dearie...I hope u're now sleeping well?...lol....Have u gone to pick ur medics instruction?....I knw u have no tuition and board instructions cuz na scholarship u dey.......TRV LOADING grin....I don buy my ticket...i dey wait u...*winks*....

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by missbon(f): 2:03am On Nov 06, 2013
i woke up to reply you Chrigo dear grin yes we shall move together by Gods grace. take care dear
ChriGo: ....Miss bon dearie...I hope u're now sleeping well?...lol....Have u gone to pick ur medics instruction?....I knw u have no tuition and board instructions cuz na scholarship u dey.......TRV LOADING grin....I don buy my ticket...i dey wait u...*winks*....

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ancient1: 3:26am On Nov 06, 2013
Anyone coming to UPEI, feel free to contact me..... I'm hoping I can be of some assistance in helping you settle down, though I can't say im completely settled yet... Not many Nigerians here.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Phate07(m): 4:34am On Nov 06, 2013
Hello house. I want to do masters in Canada, but the problem is I came out with a third class. What are my options?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by fatukay(m): 4:55am On Nov 06, 2013
The GP scale for most Canadian schools and Dalhousie is 4.0. I think what they do is they re-calculate your GP based on the 4.0 scale. So you may fit it into their scale when it's recalculated. Does this answer your question?
justicia:

@ fatukay and kitty_sunshine, pls what is the GP Scale in Dalhousie, 4.0 or 5.0 or 4.5. Am askn cos their least GP for LLM is 3.0 and I av 3.3, buh my 3.3 is over 5.0. So am thinkn that if their scale is 4.0 as some pple have said,then their 3.0 cannot mean 3.0 on a 5.0 scale,it will probably be 3.5 or 4.0. Pls is this the case,and if so,what are my chances of gettn admission.thanks!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by chidiadi50: 5:41am On Nov 06, 2013
Pls house can someone help me with what to do.I submitted my study application on the 19th of july but up till now i have not heard from the Embassy.And i went there last month and they told me the application is not ready.And my school said i should pay the 1st semester school fees before 8th of November to keep my seat.What should i do?plssssssssssss
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Onyeoma3: 6:21am On Nov 06, 2013
chidiadi50: Pls house can someone help me with what to do.I submitted my study application on the 19th of july but up till now i have not heard from the Embassy.And i went there last month and they told me the application is not ready.And my school said i should pay the 1st semester school fees before 8th of November to keep my seat.What should i do?plssssssssssss

My man, you don ask dis question before naa and I specifically told you the best tin to do.

The ball is in ur court...

Do ur part and leave the rest to God,you'll soon be called for medicals...the wait is almost over...cheer up
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 7:01am On Nov 06, 2013
francislarge: Please I need an urgent reply like seriously..... I applied for study permit this year april through an agency called maple education,after d submission i waited 4 months for d embassy to call for medicals but I later found out in july that d Canadian embassy was on strike though it was later called off that same month,so I was relieved. Now I waited patiently to receive a positive response from d embassy concerning my application only to be told that my app was denied because of my dad's company bank statement that I provided because there was a particular day(march 22,2013) 1.5m was paid twice into the account though d reason for that payment was to add to d previous money in d account thereby convincing d VO that there is sufficient fund to sponsor my education and expenses in Canada only to be told that my application was denied ....Now I want to reapply for study permit with two bank statements;
1.first bank savings account having 4m
2.company's account(unity bank) having 6m

Is it safe for me to re-apply considering d fact that my previous application was denied

Note;if I should provide a 6months bank statement of d company starting from may till october,the 1.5m that was paid twice will not reflect on it because d payment was made in march...
Thanks
....My man, Maple has failed you...Peeps are no more going paper route again...if u still wana use Maple na still paper route appliccation dem go do for you...My brother you can do this visa processing yoursef,Online route visa application has taken the world by storm...Take this Link and you would see my post on how to apply via Online route...As for the 4m and 6m account u wana use, my brother you're good to go with that...if there are other reasons they denied u for, pls address that as well....Do eveything ursef...if you aint clear about somethings you can always consult this Forum and ask ur question....Here u get free consultation...Take the link to the online route www.nairaland.com/1475467/travelling-canada-part-5/72 ...Sorry about the denial....Am sure dats what Maple told you grin....God aint sleeping....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 7:11am On Nov 06, 2013
Phate07: Hello house. I want to do masters in Canada, but the problem is I came out with a third class. What are my options?
....Your option is to go for a Postgraduate diploma...and then go for ur masters....You cant be admited directly into masters with a 3rd class...Postgrad diploma bridges you to masters if u got Low UG grades....For now college na ur best bet bro....Check dis link and scrutinize the colleges www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/institutions/participants.asp Look for PGD in ur propose course bro....Good luck....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 7:22am On Nov 06, 2013
ancient1: Anyone coming to UPEI, feel free to contact me..... I'm hoping I can be of some assistance in helping you settle down, though I can't say im completely settled yet... Not many Nigerians here.

I'm a prospective applicant. Tho I have interest in the school but I haven't applied yet
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 7:44am On Nov 06, 2013
Anyone coming to Ottawa in Jan and needs a place to stay should contact me. Thanks!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Ambeyh(m): 7:49am On Nov 06, 2013
ancient1: Anyone coming to UPEI, feel free to contact me..... I'm hoping I can be of some assistance in helping you settle down, though I can't say im completely settled yet... Not many Nigerians here.
jst PM me your number in canada i got lot to say about accomodation
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by justicia: 9:01am On Nov 06, 2013
fatukay: The GP scale for most Canadian schools and Dalhousie is 4.0. I think what they do is they re-calculate your GP based on the 4.0 scale. So you may fit it into their scale when it's recalculated. Does this answer your question?

Thanks fatukay! I believe God that I will get the admission cos Dalhousie is #1 on my list. Abeg how can I get accomodation there in halifax,I mean someone to stay with,like a nigerian studying in Dal.U get any link abeg?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by justicia: 9:07am On Nov 06, 2013
fatukay: The GP scale for most Canadian schools and Dalhousie is 4.0. I think what they do is they re-calculate your GP based on the 4.0 scale. So you may fit it into their scale when it's recalculated. Does this answer your question?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ahmedonia4real(m): 9:40am On Nov 06, 2013
chidiadi50: Pls house can someone help me with what to do.I submitted my study application on the 19th of july but up till now i have not heard from the Embassy.And i went there last month and they told me the application is not ready.And my school said i should pay the 1st semester school fees before 8th of November to keep my seat.What should i do?plssssssssssss

Mail your school to exstend the due date...tell them abt the delay from embassy.
Seneca college did it for me
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by detolaa: 9:57am On Nov 06, 2013
Hello nairalanders. A friend of mine's applying to Lambton College and they are asking for the legalization of his certificates. Please has any1 applied to lambton or knws som1 who has, and what do I do?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ukabrother: 10:23am On Nov 06, 2013
Guys, anyone in Calgary or going to Calgry for winter class should contact me.nwosujosiah@yahoo.com
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 10:24am On Nov 06, 2013
detolaa: Hello nairalanders. A friend of mine's applying to Lambton College and they are asking for the legalization of his certificates. Please has any1 applied to lambton or knws som1 who has, and what do I do?
....Tell ur friend to go notarize his cert ...just scan and send the notarized copy to them...Lobatan!!...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by francislarge: 10:28am On Nov 06, 2013
Which is more advice able ,....to submit a 6 months bank statement starting from may till date or an 8 months bank statement starting from march till date.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by seir405: 10:31am On Nov 06, 2013
[quote author=century]Anyone coming to Ottawa in Jan and needs a place to stay should contact me. Thanks

yes oo how do i contact you can u drop ur e.mail but have sent you a p.m
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kayconsult(m): 11:14am On Nov 06, 2013
grin[quote author=Nimakor]House! I have hardly heard or seen any one going to Simon Fraser University. Is it not as appealing as it looks?
Because I am about to put it on my list.[/quote hi friend,u are rite people hardly talk of SFU on this site. I applied last year for international development(masters) with a CGPA of 3.83 in intermational relations from Babcock university, also packaged a good statement of purpose etc. When the outcome of my application came out,I was told am qualified but they are more qualified applicants that applied for that same course. The bottom line of what I realised was that for my intending course, you must have worked or currently working on a project topic that one of the multinational organasations are presently working on, or you must have volunteer with a multinational firm, or better still have two years working experience with the multinational which I did'nt have. Well after all said and done, much triers with university of waterloo,university of ottawa, and university of Northern British Columbia with no avail for (masters in international development),I got admission into Niagara college for post graduate in international business management which I can use to bridge into any course I want subsequently. But that simon fraser is still on my mind for furtherance because its one of the best in Canada. Pls note, am not discouraging you ooo, am just sharing my experience so you can realise the school has high standards.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Quantumfisika: 12:52pm On Nov 06, 2013
kayconsult: grin

well said. dats d sch wil b goin to in Jan 2014. Its got high standards sir
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 1:00pm On Nov 06, 2013
Please I need some peeps in here to help me with some clarifications:

I graduated with 3.52 Chemical Engineering, and Canada is on my mind for my Masters come September 2014.

1. what school will you advice me to apply to?
2. what's the prospect of securing admission without too much wahala?
3. what about scholarship positions, teaching or research assitanship?
4. which province has the least cost of living?
5. is it possible to legalize after someones phd?
6. what method of payment is advisable to settle ones application fee since I don't have a credit card?

Thanks and una weldone oooo

ps: do I necessary need toefl?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 1:04pm On Nov 06, 2013
Quantumfisika:

well said. dats d sch wil b goin to in Jan 2014. Its got high standards sir

I know u've your TRV.........are you going to SFU next January for real? Which major?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by tebenezer: 1:15pm On Nov 06, 2013
Trv set: 29th October,Introduction letter set :3th November,Ticket Set :5th November.........Movement on ma myd.....15th November....I bless God for this massive success....

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (501)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.