Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:08 PM

Does A Date Have To Be In A Resturant? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does A Date Have To Be In A Resturant? (16363 Views)

do ladies we date have impact in our life spiritually? / Ladies, Can You Date/have You Dated A Nerd? / Does Your Online Date Have A Dirty Past? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does A Date Have To Be In A Resturant? by Mathicks(m): 1:16pm On Oct 14, 2013
I seem to get the feeling that most Nigerians ask girls out on a date and mostly the location is a resturant. I've seen ''lets go to see a movie together'' ,''accompany me to my friends' party'' , yes... But those are very few. What is it with the Resturant thingy? lol and WHAT OTHER PLACES DO YOU THINK ARE APPROPRIATE FOR DATES?

i'm dropping airtime worth N5000 each for 3 different networks if I win the etisalatprize...but i cannot win without your votes. Pls take 10 seconds of your time to just click ''vote for me'' here http://etisalatprize.com/life-is-just-funny/ . I'll appreciate it. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Does A Date Have To Be In A Resturant? by Exclibur(m): 1:32pm On Oct 14, 2013
Beer parlor... tongue

12 Likes

Re: Does A Date Have To Be In A Resturant? by Teespice(f): 1:37pm On Oct 14, 2013
Personally, I don't think a date has to be in a restaurant.

I prefer we have that date in a garden or park, then subsequently in a restaurant IF you have the means.

My two kobo.

4 Likes

Re: Does A Date Have To Be In A Resturant? by ramaju: 1:37pm On Oct 14, 2013
Our ladies are the cause. Ask a girl out and hint going to a park if there is one within your area, she will immediately suggest tantalizers, mr biggs, chicken republic. or even nkwobi joint. When she gets there, she probably will be accompanied by two of her friends. She must make sure she gets "take away rice ", chicken and even fruit juice. I know I will get some bashing for this but it happens all the time. I experienced such sometime ago.

39 Likes

Re: Does A Date Have To Be In A Resturant? by Mathicks(m): 1:40pm On Oct 14, 2013
ramaju: Our ladies are the cause. Ask a girl out and hint going to a park if there is one within your area, she will immediately suggest tantalizers, mr biggs, chicken republic. or even nkwobi joint. When she gets there, she probably will be accompanied by two of her friends. She must make sure she gets "take away rice ", chicken and even fruit juice. I know I will get some bashing for this but it happens all the time. I experienced such sometime ago.
hahaha... You have a point there tho.. Ladies are part causes

1 Like

Re: Does A Date Have To Be In A Resturant? by youngds: 1:53pm On Oct 14, 2013
I think resturant is the only option we are left with, but i prefer taking my date's to club, depending on the way she present herself though......

1 Like

Re: Does A Date Have To Be In A Resturant? by demelza: 1:57pm On Oct 14, 2013
ramaju: Our ladies are the cause. Ask a girl out and hint going to a park if there is one within your area, she will immediately suggest tantalizers, mr biggs, chicken republic. or even nkwobi joint. When she gets there, she probably will be accompanied by two of her friends. She must make sure she gets "take away rice ", chicken and even fruit juice. I know I will get some bashing for this but it happens all the time. I experienced such sometime ago.
Why would you ask her for the meeting place in the first place? You obviously asked her out, so why not use your initiative to source for venues.
You cant blame the girl for bailing you out by suggesting a place since you are being chicken.

6 Likes

Re: Does A Date Have To Be In A Resturant? by Mathicks(m): 2:17pm On Oct 14, 2013
demelza: Why would you ask her for the meeting place in the first place? You obviously asked her out, so why not use your initiative to source for venues.
You cant blame the girl for bailing you out by suggesting a place since you are being chicken.
LOL... true. I've not seen any girl that u'll ask for venue, and she'll say ''lets just go to a park'' ..lol

1 Like

Re: Does A Date Have To Be In A Resturant? by homesteady(m): 2:20pm On Oct 14, 2013
Yea that's true! Most times its a restaurant. Maybe because cinema's are not that popular and we don't have really plenty good wildlife parks! You can't start going to Yankari in bauchi from lagos because you want to go for a date!
So a restaurant is just the best venue! You both can feed yourselves, stone pop corn at each other, pour ice cream on each other grin (I learnt all these things from Nollywood movies)

For other places - I don't know! Depending on your location!

12 Likes

Re: Does A Date Have To Be In A Resturant? by eightsin(m): 2:22pm On Oct 14, 2013
Our parks n cinemas are few bt our restaurants are many!!! So u jst pick d1 clossest to u.

2 Likes

Re: Does A Date Have To Be In A Resturant? by ramaju: 2:23pm On Oct 14, 2013
Abi? Sometimes you just ask where the person prefers to avoid grumbling . Just for the sake of democracy.
Re: Does A Date Have To Be In A Resturant? by jaybee3(m): 2:25pm On Oct 14, 2013
If restaurants are the only location that tick the following criterion:
Ease of access
Availability
Tranquillity
Affordability
then surely that explain why they are the most sought after location as far as going on a date is concerned.
Re: Does A Date Have To Be In A Resturant? by kagari: 2:26pm On Oct 14, 2013
Mehn dus ish is bad

i hanged out yesterday to watch 9ja ball against ethiopa. Dis guy came in with a babe wearing and underwear tight longer than the gown she was wearing
the bobo drink 1 bottle of Harp throughout d match whereas the babe take 5 bottles of smiroff icw with one plate of nkwobi.
I pity d guy bacause the babe was not just smiling at all

all hail some 9ja babes

8 Likes

Re: Does A Date Have To Be In A Resturant? by Oyinprince(m): 2:27pm On Oct 14, 2013
It depends,it can be under a banana tree, it can be in grandpa's farm, it can be in an uncompleted building etc just make a gud choice cheesy grin
Re: Does A Date Have To Be In A Resturant? by Sermwell(m): 2:57pm On Oct 14, 2013
K
Re: Does A Date Have To Be In A Resturant? by kreamidiva(f): 2:58pm On Oct 14, 2013
Hotel room. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Does A Date Have To Be In A Resturant? by Ediss(m): 2:59pm On Oct 14, 2013
In the police station grin

1 Like

Re: Does A Date Have To Be In A Resturant? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Oct 14, 2013
They'll say no online

but they can curse you and your flower

and whichever garden you desired
Re: Does A Date Have To Be In A Resturant? by touchmeder: 3:00pm On Oct 14, 2013
Mathicks: I seem to get the feeling that most Nigerians ask girls out on a date and mostly the location is a resturant. I've seen ''lets go to see a movie together'' ,''accompany me to my friends' party'' , yes... But those are very few. What is it with the Resturant thingy? lol and WHAT OTHER PLACES DO YOU THINK ARE APPROPRIATE FOR DATES?

Not recommended for a first date sha

3 Likes

Re: Does A Date Have To Be In A Resturant? by gluv01(f): 3:00pm On Oct 14, 2013
kreami diva: Hotel room. undecided

shocked
Re: Does A Date Have To Be In A Resturant? by 4reigningqueen: 3:00pm On Oct 14, 2013
The options are not really there. Abi na church you wan take am to?
Re: Does A Date Have To Be In A Resturant? by Nobody: 3:00pm On Oct 14, 2013
No it doesn't.

I have had several dates in different places: Restaurants, peppersoup joints, cinemas, beaches, parks.... Name it. I don't understand why anyone would want to limit himself to restaurants - unless as demelza said, you're not imaginative enough.
Re: Does A Date Have To Be In A Resturant? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Oct 14, 2013
I think a Restaurant/Eatery seems to be the most secure place for a First Date considering the Increase in raape and other form of Abuse, Why should a girl accompany you to a friends party on a First Date..? how about a fight breaks out and you weren't able to protect her..? If it isnt a first date or maybe you guys have known each other for a while, well maybe that can be a little bit considerate

7 Likes

Re: Does A Date Have To Be In A Resturant? by Ediss(m): 3:01pm On Oct 14, 2013
Let me sayyyy in car pack cool cool
Re: Does A Date Have To Be In A Resturant? by stexsy(m): 3:01pm On Oct 14, 2013
yes..cos no sane gal will want to follow u to ur huz wen she had not seen or known u before, therefore a neutral place remains d best.

1 Like

Re: Does A Date Have To Be In A Resturant? by Nobody: 3:03pm On Oct 14, 2013
@Oooh Peee

naija gals love to eat and are suffering from the "chop him money" syndrome dats why they have bulging bellies.

4 Likes

Re: Does A Date Have To Be In A Resturant? by shevi4mb(m): 3:03pm On Oct 14, 2013
preferably restaurant cos Foood is a good source for relaxation and we all know that we shldn't be in anyway hard on a DATE. Its also helps both party to be less-vulnerable and lastly, it displaces the 'hosting advantages'

1 Like

Re: Does A Date Have To Be In A Resturant? by Afam4eva(m): 3:04pm On Oct 14, 2013
Up until recently, restaurants were actually one of the few places NIgerians go to have fun. This weird cos i don't see how going to eat is fun. It should be part of the fun but not the fun. And since most of these Nigerian girls are food mongers and are not used to eating out due to shortage in cash, they will seaize the opportunity of a date to go to tantalizers to chop rice and chicken grin

9 Likes

Re: Does A Date Have To Be In A Resturant? by Mubby4luv(m): 3:07pm On Oct 14, 2013
Nope. a very good spot is inside da car, back seat with tited windows #super dark grin. just park one side and let the date begin. fun time

2 Likes

Re: Does A Date Have To Be In A Resturant? by osifred(m): 3:07pm On Oct 14, 2013
hunger at work. most nigerian girls see it as a means of free food

1 Like

Re: Does A Date Have To Be In A Resturant? by waja(m): 3:08pm On Oct 14, 2013
Yes a date has to be in restaurant, especially, on calenders. Months and years shoulds be included.
Re: Does A Date Have To Be In A Resturant? by jaybee3(m): 3:09pm On Oct 14, 2013
Mubby4luv: Nope. a very good spot is inside da car, back seat with tited windows #super dark grin
Date not bone randy man cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Photos: Are These People Making Love Inside The Pool? / Virginity Test / Can You Give Your Spouse/lover Your ATM Card To Pay Their Bills?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.