Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,000 members, 7,835,373 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:23 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (136) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (455426 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by rhylord: 12:16am On Dec 20, 2013
dolapobello1:

In all honesty, the manner in which you were denied is very strange.
While a visit to the embassy (or some other means of) demanding an explanation for the impropriety is logical (and I would definitely support such an action), I do not believe it will amount to much.

Nonetheless, do what is needful.

Also make sure to set plans in place to defer your admission, so you don't lose both ways.

Okay thanks for the candid advice, no one knows how it feels unless it happens to you. I will defer the admission and wait til April but also lay a complaint. I feel like God gave me something and took it back away from me.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 12:20am On Dec 20, 2013
Ef eye you...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 12:24am On Dec 20, 2013
rhylord:

Okay thanks for the candid advice, no one knows how it feels unless it happens to you. I will defer the admission and wait til April but also lay a complaint. I feel like God gave me something and took it back away from me.

You're welcome. (It will not happen again, be it to you, me or any visa hopeful on this thread.)
I know how you feel (more truthfully, I have a good idea), but if you love God, know that this is working in your favour.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by nethacker(m): 12:59am On Dec 20, 2013
clementcro: GOOD DAY EVERYBODY, I NEED HELP FROM SOMEONE WHO IS IN USA, MINNESOTA EXPECIALLY, I HAVE A FAMILY FRIEND WHO STUDIES AT MINNESOTA UNIVERSITY, IT IS BEEN OVER 1 WEEK THAT WE HEARD FROM HIM, EVERYBODY AT HOME IS WORRIED WE HAVE CALLED HIM, HE IS NOT PICKING, I WOULD LIKE TO GIVE HIS DETAILS TO ANYONE THAT IS IN MINNESOTA, SO THAT THEY CAN HELP US LOOK FOR HIM.

AMEFRICANA, AND ALL THOSE PEOPLE WHO ARE IN MINNESOTA SHOULD PLEASE HELP ME OUT, WE ARE READY TO SEND MONEY TO ANYONE WHO IS IN THAT STATE SO THAT THEY CAN HELP US LOOK FOR HIM

THE LAST TIME WE SPOKE WITH HIM, HE HAD MISUNDERSTANDING WITH A WHITE GUY, HIS COLLEAGUE, SO WE ARE VERY AFRAID RIGHT NOW.

PLEASE ANYONE WHO IS IN MINNESOTA SHOULD PLEASE HELP BY RESPONDING TO THIS POST, THEN I WILL PROVIDE HIS DETAILS TO THE PERSON.

PLEASE HELP US.

THANKS
Like Seriously? Just for one week? grin grin grin Oga calm down. he might be busy with babes and Yuletide paparazzi. BTW Ricky is in Minnesota though.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by nethacker(m): 1:00am On Dec 20, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

Hello, I was just reading thru NL today and this your post caught me much by surprise, so I decided to comment and see whatever help I could render.

Actually, I'm currently in the United States. I just arrived here last week. And I'm in Minnesota.

Which of the universities is your family friend attending? Is it University of Minneosta OR Minnesota State University. Please Specify.

Also, Send me a PM, and send me his details as well along with his phone number and address, so I can help you track him down.

I really hope he is in good faith. We are in another man's land, so one has to be careful here. Even all my roommates are all whites, I play and mingle with em and still don't forget where I came from. I still have my aim and objective to accomplish here.

Pls get back to me asap!
Don't worry, in 2 months, your story will change. i think you know that right? grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 4:06am On Dec 20, 2013
aekmanweb: thanx bro, can u pls PM me your BB pin n let's chat some more

Oh I'm sorry, I'm not on BB but only nokia cry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 4:07am On Dec 20, 2013
filanid:
V.O : where r u going to the US
Me: to pursue a masters degree in.chemistry
V.O: what did.u do in undergrads
Me: biochemistry

V.o what r u plans after MSc?
Me: come back to nig n get a Job with Nafdac
V.o: ok,hands me white paper)go to v.i on Tuesday.to get ur passport.

Exactly my profile. Yes, he's a chinko like you guys said but he knows how important a Biochemist/Chemist is to the US.

Cheers!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 4:08am On Dec 20, 2013
jaskinbo: @iamchux, I got the same email from them today. So what's the next step of action?

I hope you attached your admission letter stating your resumption date. ED shouldn't be this hard. Mine was granted the second day I applied during my time.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 4:35am On Dec 20, 2013
borie4u: Pls is it possible to get a school with full scholarship for PHD students in Geoscience. I really dont know where to go with these numerous info.

120% possible.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 4:43am On Dec 20, 2013
Chemical2:
Have u been denied visa in the last 6 months? That could also be a reason!!

My school was to resume on Jan 16, 2012. I was denied the visa on Wednesday, Dec 21, 2011. I requested ED on Friday 23 and it was granted on Saturday 24. I got a new date for Jan 3, 2012. I got my visa on that Jan date. I landed in school on Monday, Jan 16, 2012.

#Thisismystory

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 4:55am On Dec 20, 2013
lisadem:

@ Ms Nas and Amefrica: grin (na una 2 today) I see you guys blowing things out of proportion. Perhaps there was a latent altercation between you guys and this trivial issue is an avenue to blow things out... the bolds solve the issue. Amefrica said He thinks (meaning not sure but to be candid, you've got to be very sure before making such remark. advising someone to change sch is a bold step to take. So take note bro) @Ms Nas: mm.. that might be a little bit harsh of a correction if the post is directed to someone you don't have a smooth rapport with... maybe someone else might have taken it slightly and let it slide. however, you made a good correction.

Make una stop this before what happened in 1985 repeats itself sad

Let it slide, let it slide....... you guys don start again. Soon, comments go scarce here because no one wan slide off. angry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 5:00am On Dec 20, 2013
rhylord:

i was given the white paper and told by the VO that i have been granted my visa, the white paper states i should go to the passport pick up center on Monday to collect my passport.

rhylord:

i asked and he told me the blue paper will explain it, but he wasn't the one that interviewed me initially. I don't know what happened there, everyone i talk says they've not heard of a situation similar to this. I intend to go to the embassy and lay a complaint regarding this and they should explain the approval i received from the VO after the interview.

rhylord:

meaning i should wait till April? I intend to go to the embassy and demand explanation on this issue and why I was given the visa issuance letter and called back later. I would understand and feel less worried if it was denied right after the interview and not after granting it they call it back.

Thats the visa issuance i recieved.

But be mindful of your action. Don't let it gets beyond control.

They have all the right to grant and/or deny and/or ban from trying again.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by lisadem: 5:42am On Dec 20, 2013
imperiouxx:

Let it slide, let it slide....... you guys don start again. Soon, comments go scarce here because no one wan slide off. angry

lol... no spill over... they've already called a truce... #the floor dey free of moisture# cheesy how's it going with you? wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Chemical2(m): 6:42am On Dec 20, 2013
Good morning to you all, please what is the best dates i can get for visa booking at lag consulate or Abj? Inform me of the best one can get to enable me take a decision. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 7:25am On Dec 20, 2013
sometimes, the embassy are kindda crazy.. whats the meaning of this?? so sorry bro

rhylord: Hello, I had an interview at the US embassy and after the interview i was issued the visa 3 to 4 hours later i received a call saying is from the embassy i should come and collect my passport. Getting there i receive a blue letter from someonelse stating that my visa has been denied for lack of home ties to my home country. First of all i was not asked that particular question initially by the Visa Interviewer and secondly i should have been denied the visa from the beginning rather than issuing the visa and calling it back.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 7:26am On Dec 20, 2013
Chemical2: Good morning to you all, please what is the best dates i can get for visa booking at lag consulate or Abj? Inform me of the best one can get to enable me take a decision. Thanks

Which date have you seen? When's ur school resuming?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 7:27am On Dec 20, 2013
rhylord:

i asked and he told me the blue paper will explain it, but he wasn't the one that interviewed me initially. I don't know what happened there, everyone i talk says they've not heard of a situation similar to this. I intend to go to the embassy and lay a complaint regarding this and they should explain the approval i received from the VO after the interview.

This sounds strange to me but i would like to ask the following before i comment;

were u given just the slip back without your passport when you were called back?

Did they take u inside an office and hand over the denial slip to u or outside the embassy?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by nomso27(m): 7:27am On Dec 20, 2013
Amefrica:

grin grin

Send an empty mail to selfstudy360@gmail.com

ese egbon. cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 7:30am On Dec 20, 2013
nomso27:

ese egbon. cheesy

Ko to ope, egbon.

Goodluck! smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by rhylord: 8:26am On Dec 20, 2013
Walspring:

This sounds strange to me but i would like to ask the following before i comment;

were u given just the slip back without your passport when you were called back?

Did they take u inside an office and hand over the denial slip to u or outside the embassy?

No i was went back into the embassy through the same procedure and security checks, but this time a different person who is Nigerian and not the VO that interviewed me hands me the blue slip with my passport but my application letter wasn't returned.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by harkynon(m): 8:29am On Dec 20, 2013
Amefrica:

Hello!

TOEFL is no longer available in Nigeria, you can write SAT and if you have a good score in the Critical reading(English part) TOEFL is gonna be waived for you. For materials send empty mail to selfstudy360@gmail.com

For affordable schools; you should look into the united state of minnesota, the state has many colleges that are very affordable.

For your WAEC; I wrote mine at the age of 14years. You should be fine.

Goodluck!

www.collegenavigator.com isn't working. I guess the spelling for the website is not correct or complete. Tanx
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:37am On Dec 20, 2013
harkynon:

www.collegenavigator.com isn't working. I guess the spelling for the website is not correct or complete. Tanx

Try www.usnews.com and/or www.collegeboard.org
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 8:37am On Dec 20, 2013
This must have been S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴͡ painful, I know you will have celebrated with your friends before they called you.. But why will US embassy be denining people their write and also wasting our money, nigerian embassy in the states doesn't don't treat them that way, why do they treat us like this..

rhylord:

No i was went back into the embassy through the same procedure and security checks, but this time a different person who is Nigerian and not the VO that interviewed me hands me the blue slip with my passport but my application letter wasn't returned.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by rhylord: 8:58am On Dec 20, 2013
imperiouxx:

But be mindful of your action. Don't let it gets beyond control.

They have all the right to grant and/or deny and/or ban from trying again.

If a visa is revoked this is the process stated according to the law but none of this i was granted.

"Revocation Process

Before revoking the visa, the consular officer usually is obliged to invite the visa holder to the consulate for an interview, and give him a chance to show why the visa should not be revoked. When revoking the visa, the officer will write by hand the word Cancelled or Revoked; notify the person on what legal grounds the visa was revoked; make an entry into the visa system; and complete a Certificate of Revocation of Visa. If the visa holder cannot be found, the officer will notify airlines of the revocation. If the person is already en route to the United States, he will be detained and have his visa revoked at the port of entry."
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by rhylord: 9:00am On Dec 20, 2013
domex007: This must have been S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴͡ painful, I know you will have celebrated with your friends before they called you.. But why will US embassy be denining people their write and also wasting our money, nigerian embassy in the states doesn't don't treat them that way, why do they treat us like this..

To say the least you truly don't know how I feel unless it happens to you, you can only imagine. Been in touch with a Immigrant attorney and this is the process if a visa is revoked but i wasn't granted any of that.

"Revocation Process

Before revoking the visa, the consular officer usually is obliged to invite the visa holder to the consulate for an interview, and give him a chance to show why the visa should not be revoked. When revoking the visa, the officer will write by hand the word Cancelled or Revoked; notify the person on what legal grounds the visa was revoked; make an entry into the visa system; and complete a Certificate of Revocation of Visa. If the visa holder cannot be found, the officer will notify airlines of the revocation. If the person is already en route to the United States, he will be detained and have his visa revoked at the port of entry."
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Chemical2(m): 9:03am On Dec 20, 2013
Amefrica:

Which date have you seen? When's ur school resuming?

To resume jan 6. Seen no dec date yet!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 9:07am On Dec 20, 2013
harkynon:

Oh! My bad. It's www.thecollegenavigator.com

search on google, you're sure to come by it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by nomso27(m): 9:08am On Dec 20, 2013
rhylord:

dis kyn tin dey pain, i can imagine.

Guy u for no go back angry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by rhylord: 9:15am On Dec 20, 2013
nomso27:

dis kyn tin dey pain, i can imagine.

Guy u for no go back angry

I certainly have to go back to know the reason why i was called back. And according to the law if you are called or revoked a visa for any reason these are the process,

"Revocation Process

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by JFK12: 9:21am On Dec 20, 2013
@house,pls how do i go about getting emergency appointment ? I was denied on Monday,my school resume on 8th Jan but the last day to enter the school is 21th of jan as it is stated on my i-20.The earliest date the appointment site is 13th which kind of too late for me. pls someone should explain how to go about the emergency thing.thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by iamchux(m): 9:40am On Dec 20, 2013
rhylord:

Do you have any immediate relative (who might have filled for you) in the US of which you stated "No" on the DS-160?

(1) (2) (3) ... (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) ... (501)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.