Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:57 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (134) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (454773 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by solo4deji(m): 6:09pm On Dec 19, 2013
Hello! House, I will like to book for an appointment with the embassy the available date I saw was 13th Jan, 2014 and my school resume 6th Jan, 2013 my nairaland friends pls I need ur advise what can I do or I wait maybe d embassy will open December again.

Thank you.

Looking forward to your response house.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by borie4u(m): 6:18pm On Dec 19, 2013
@ Oga Imperious and Graviton. Kindly accept my IV. Sent u a private mail as i would like to make some inquiry from u
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 6:31pm On Dec 19, 2013
domex007: Bro, take A̶̲̥̅̊♍ easy na.. Just requesting more advise,.. Thanks for yours, I really appreciate but just still using mine to warn people in this trend that may have similar issues in the future..
@Amefrica, when I retreieve the new I-20 with the corrected mistake, what will I tell the VO when he/she asks why I was denied before? Or why I changed I-20? Or want will be ♍Ɣ‎ excuse for what I have been doing from 2010-2014 till now? That's 4yrs since I left high school?

Bro, they usually don't ask for the reason of ur initial denial, since it's on their database system.

But if you are asked shaa, tell the VO there was an error on your I20, which you've corrected.

C'est fini
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 6:32pm On Dec 19, 2013
Bro, I A̶̲̥̅̊♍. Not a guru, but I think the gurus will say write your school and tell them the issue on ground and demand for extension letter or defer to next semester.. Its just a suggesion S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴͡ you don't depend too much on gettin an earlier date

solo4deji: Hello! House, I will like to book for an appointment with the embassy the available date I saw was 13th Jan, 2014 and my school resume 6th Jan, 2013 my nairaland friends pls I need ur advise what can I do or I wait maybe d embassy will open December again.

Thank you.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 6:36pm On Dec 19, 2013
If asked what have I been doing since I left high school in 2010? That's 4years now. What do I say?
S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴͡ sorry for bugging U̶̲̥̅̊ too much.. I no say you go soon ja go US and will be too busy to assist as you will be busy with lectures

Amefrica:

Bro, they usually don't ask for the reason of ur initial denial, since it's on their database system.

But if you are asked shaa, tell the VO there was an error on your I20, which you've corrected.

C'est fini
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 6:56pm On Dec 19, 2013
domex007: If asked what have I been doing since I left high school in 2010? That's 4years now. What do I say?
S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴͡ sorry for bugging U̶̲̥̅̊ too much.. I no say you go soon ja go US and will be too busy to assist as you will be busy with lectures

Ok bro! grin

About filling the gap, you are in the best position to do that. But can you list what you've been doing here?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by gr8ever(m): 7:00pm On Dec 19, 2013
feregamo: Who doesn't believe in miracle @walspring you are my angel,could not believe what happen today.It was a bad day for those applying or willing to study abroad,but with almighty God behind me,prayers and Angel walspring.I really greatful willl share my experience soon .

Seeing the bolded is enough to cheer you up if someone is having a bad day
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by jaskinbo: 7:11pm On Dec 19, 2013
@chemical2, I attached my i-20 and also gave them my sevis payment confirmation number in the email but I didn't attached the sevis receipt
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 7:23pm On Dec 19, 2013
Was flexing and assiting ♍Ɣ‎ anty in her boutique through out the remaining year 2010. Went for Computer training and jamb claSs from 2011 to 2012.. Before I started working as a computer operator in the company sponsoring me from 2012 till date, on study leave now till 2014.. That's what I have been doing since

Amefrica:

Ok bro! grin

About filling the gap, you are in the best position to do that. But can you list what you've been doing here?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 7:37pm On Dec 19, 2013
domex007: Was flexing and assiting ♍Ɣ‎ anty in her boutique through out the remaining year 2010. Went for Computer training and jamb claSs from 2011 to 2012.. Before I started working as a computer operator in the company sponsoring me from 2012 till date, on study leave now till 2014.. That's what I have been doing since

Good! You should tell the VO exactly what you've written here. I'd have added more but I'm not good in filling gaps.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by tdade(m): 7:41pm On Dec 19, 2013
Amefrica:

Write SAT, it's just 14-15K and English test will be waived for you..

For very affordable schools, look into Arkansas and Minnesota.
Hey pal, you don't seem to encourage ACT. Any reasons? I want to write that instead cause its in April (SAT after January is May, no?) and it seems equally viable.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 7:43pm On Dec 19, 2013
solo4deji: Hello! House, I will like to book for an appointment with the embassy the available date I saw was 13th Jan, 2014 and my school resume 6th Jan, 2013 my nairaland friends pls I need ur advise what can I do or I wait maybe d embassy will open December again.

Thank you.

I think you should book that date and request for 'extension letter' from ur school.

Goodluck!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by ronnie28uk: 7:44pm On Dec 19, 2013
feregamo: @ronie28uk,I saw you when you were being dril by that woman in window 2 and how you were given her response,she really want you to made mistakes but thanks to God,it really your day cos I was scared seeing that guy in window 1 refusing people anyhow,am proud of you and this thread.I got mine too

@feregamo Grateful to God. Who interviewed u?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 7:46pm On Dec 19, 2013
tdade: Hey pal, you don't seem to encourage ACT. Any reasons? I want to write that instead cause its in April (SAT after January is May, no?) and it seems equally viable.

grin either of the 2 is okay. grin just that SAT is more popular..

Goodluck!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by tdade(m): 7:48pm On Dec 19, 2013
Amefrica:

grin either of the 2 is okay. grin just that SAT is more popular..

Goodluck!
Cheers
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 7:51pm On Dec 19, 2013
tdade: Cheers

smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by babysimzy(f): 8:12pm On Dec 19, 2013
Greetings to everyone cheesy, can you please tell me if its okay to apply for SAT only, I hope it dosent show some unseriouseness, I also would not mind if you could also help me with study materials for SAT and is it okay to apply tomorrow. Waiting for replies sad
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by babysimzy(f): 8:22pm On Dec 19, 2013
Greetings to everyone cheesy, can you please tell me if its okay to apply for SAT only, I hope it dosent show some not being serious, I also would not mind if you could also help me with study materials for SAT and is it okay to apply tomorrow. Waiting for replies sad
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:28pm On Dec 19, 2013
babysimzy: Greetings to everyone cheesy, can you please tell me if its okay to apply for SAT only, I hope it dosent show some unseriouseness, I also would not mind if you could also help me with study materials for SAT and is it okay to apply tomorrow. Waiting for replies sad

It's OK! I'd have said you should write TOEFL too but they don't write it in 9ja again.

Write SAT, it includes Maths and English. If you do well in the English section, your school will waive it.

And SAT covers TOEFL at the embassy for undergraduates. You should be fine.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by iamchux(m): 8:29pm On Dec 19, 2013
@jaskinbo, my school said I can defer my admission to summer term. So I might just keep my jan 13 date for it or extend it to febuary or so. I don't want to use Extension Letter, not all VOs will smile at it! cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by feregamo: 9:05pm On Dec 19, 2013
@ronie28uk,I was the guy with the red tie and a arsh suit.It was one woman at window 12,infact I waited for my number before it was finally called,and with God I got it.Many student that failed the interview lack composure and boldness.Also they couldn't juxtapose their goal and mission in God own country
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 9:16pm On Dec 19, 2013
feregamo: @ronie28uk,I was the guy with the red tie and a arsh suit.It was one woman at window 12,infact I waited for my number before it was finally called,and with God I got it.Many student that failed the interview lack composure and boldness.Also they couldn't juxtapose their goal and mission in God own country

Bro, you owe the house ur transcript..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Chemical2(m): 9:39pm On Dec 19, 2013
jaskinbo: @chemical2, I attached my i-20 and also gave them my sevis payment confirmation number in the email but I didn't attached the sevis receipt
Have u been denied visa in the last 6 months? That could also be a reason!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by jcaribie: 9:50pm On Dec 19, 2013
Chemical2:
Have u been denied visa in the last 6 months? That could also be a reason!!

It's not a reason. Not for my family member sha, who ended up getting his after being denied and applying for an ED afterwards.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by clementcro(m): 9:53pm On Dec 19, 2013
GOOD DAY EVERYBODY, I NEED HELP FROM SOMEONE WHO IS IN USA, MINNESOTA EXPECIALLY, I HAVE A FAMILY FRIEND WHO STUDIES AT MINNESOTA UNIVERSITY, IT IS BEEN OVER 1 WEEK THAT WE HEARD FROM HIM, EVERYBODY AT HOME IS WORRIED WE HAVE CALLED HIM, HE IS NOT PICKING, I WOULD LIKE TO GIVE HIS DETAILS TO ANYONE THAT IS IN MINNESOTA, SO THAT THEY CAN HELP US LOOK FOR HIM.

AMEFRICANA, AND ALL THOSE PEOPLE WHO ARE IN MINNESOTA SHOULD PLEASE HELP ME OUT, WE ARE READY TO SEND MONEY TO ANYONE WHO IS IN THAT STATE SO THAT THEY CAN HELP US LOOK FOR HIM

THE LAST TIME WE SPOKE WITH HIM, HE HAD MISUNDERSTANDING WITH A WHITE GUY, HIS COLLEAGUE, SO WE ARE VERY AFRAID RIGHT NOW.

PLEASE ANYONE WHO IS IN MINNESOTA SHOULD PLEASE HELP BY RESPONDING TO THIS POST, THEN I WILL PROVIDE HIS DETAILS TO THE PERSON.

PLEASE HELP US.

THANKS
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by rhylord: 9:58pm On Dec 19, 2013
Hello, I had an interview at the US embassy and after the interview i was issued the visa 3 to 4 hours later i received a call saying is from the embassy i should come and collect my passport. Getting there i receive a blue letter from someonelse stating that my visa has been denied for lack of home ties to my home country. First of all i was not asked that particular question initially by the Visa Interviewer and secondly i should have been denied the visa from the beginning rather than issuing the visa and calling it back.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 10:02pm On Dec 19, 2013
Bro, calm down, nothing is wrong with him.. Just keep praying for him and have faith in God till someone here go and check up on him

clementcro: GOOD DAY EVERYBODY, I NEED HELP FROM SOMEONE WHO IS IN USA, MINNESOTA EXPECIALLY, I HAVE A FAMILY FRIEND WHO STUDIES AT MINNESOTA UNIVERSITY, IT IS BEEN OVER 1 WEEK THAT WE HEARD FROM HIM, EVERYBODY AT HOME IS WORRIED WE HAVE CALLED HIM, HE IS NOT PICKING, I WOULD LIKE TO GIVE HIS DETAILS TO ANYONE THAT IS IN MINNESOTA, SO THAT THEY CAN HELP US LOOK FOR HIM.

AMEFRICANA, AND ALL THOSE PEOPLE WHO ARE IN MINNESOTA SHOULD PLEASE HELP ME OUT, WE ARE READY TO SEND MONEY TO ANYONE WHO IS IN THAT STATE SO THAT THEY CAN HELP US LOOK FOR HIM

THE LAST TIME WE SPOKE WITH HIM, HE HAD MISUNDERSTANDING WITH A WHITE GUY, HIS COLLEAGUE, SO WE ARE VERY AFRAID RIGHT NOW.

PLEASE ANYONE WHO IS IN MINNESOTA SHOULD PLEASE HELP BY RESPONDING TO THIS POST, THEN I WILL PROVIDE HIS DETAILS TO THE PERSON.

PLEASE HELP US.

THANKS
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by iamchux(m): 10:13pm On Dec 19, 2013
rhylord: Hello, I had an interview at the US embassy and after the interview i was issued the visa 3 to 4 hours later i received a call saying is from the embassy i should come and collect my passport. Getting there i receive a blue letter from someonelse stating that my visa has been denied for lack of home ties to my home country. First of all i was not asked that particular question initially by the Visa Interviewer and secondly i should have been denied the visa from the beginning rather than issuing the visa and calling it back.

Sounds strange!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 10:14pm On Dec 19, 2013
feregamo: Who doesn't believe in miracle @walspring you are my angel,could not believe what happen today.It was a bad day for those applying or willing to study abroad,but with almighty God behind me,prayers and Angel walspring.I really greatful willl share my experience soon .

Bro nah God get that glory and not me ooo cos all glory must be to the lord.. I dey happy for you and wishing you a nice state in obamaland
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 10:15pm On Dec 19, 2013
babysimzy: Greetings to everyone cheesy, can you please tell me if its okay to apply for SAT only, I hope it dosent show some not being serious, I also would not mind if you could also help me with study materials for SAT and is it okay to apply tomorrow. Waiting for replies sad
It is okay but I advise you take the IELTS (substitute for TOEFL) as it is up and running currently in Nigeria

As regards the materials, send an empty mail to selfstudy360@gmail.com. You should get links where you can download study materials for both the SAT and IELTS.

It is also very okay to start making preparations for the registering of these standardized tests. The IELTS registration is currently open and I "think" the SAT is too.

Goodluck!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 10:17pm On Dec 19, 2013
Walspring:

Bro nah God get that glory and not me ooo cos all glory must be to the lord.. I dey happy for you and wishing you a nice state in obamaland
Walspring! You see what God is doing!!...Your success story shall be the next o!cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 10:20pm On Dec 19, 2013
rhylord: Hello, I had an interview at the US embassy and after the interview i was issued the visa 3 to 4 hours later i received a call saying is from the embassy i should come and collect my passport. Getting there i receive a blue letter from someonelse stating that my visa has been denied for lack of home ties to my home country. First of all i was not asked that particular question initially by the Visa Interviewer and secondly i should have been denied the visa from the beginning rather than issuing the visa and calling it back.
I don't understand. You were denied after being approved?

Guys, is that possible?

(1) (2) (3) ... (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) ... (501)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Italian Student Visa-help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.