Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:48 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (135) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (454070 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 10:22pm On Dec 19, 2013
gr8ever:

Seeing the bolded is enough to cheer you up if someone is having a bad day

I roger that bro.. Thanks alot and God bless u!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by RickyRozay: 10:25pm On Dec 19, 2013
clementcro: GOOD DAY EVERYBODY, I NEED HELP FROM SOMEONE WHO IS IN USA, MINNESOTA EXPECIALLY, I HAVE A FAMILY FRIEND WHO STUDIES AT MINNESOTA UNIVERSITY, IT IS BEEN OVER 1 WEEK THAT WE HEARD FROM HIM, EVERYBODY AT HOME IS WORRIED WE HAVE CALLED HIM, HE IS NOT PICKING, I WOULD LIKE TO GIVE HIS DETAILS TO ANYONE THAT IS IN MINNESOTA, SO THAT THEY CAN HELP US LOOK FOR HIM.

AMEFRICANA, AND ALL THOSE PEOPLE WHO ARE IN MINNESOTA SHOULD PLEASE HELP ME OUT, WE ARE READY TO SEND MONEY TO ANYONE WHO IS IN THAT STATE SO THAT THEY CAN HELP US LOOK FOR HIM

THE LAST TIME WE SPOKE WITH HIM, HE HAD MISUNDERSTANDING WITH A WHITE GUY, HIS COLLEAGUE, SO WE ARE VERY AFRAID RIGHT NOW.

PLEASE ANYONE WHO IS IN MINNESOTA SHOULD PLEASE HELP BY RESPONDING TO THIS POST, THEN I WILL PROVIDE HIS DETAILS TO THE PERSON.

PLEASE HELP US.

THANKS

Hello, I was just reading thru NL today and this your post caught me much by surprise, so I decided to comment and see whatever help I could render.

Actually, I'm currently in the United States. I just arrived here last week. And I'm in Minnesota.

Which of the universities is your family friend attending? Is it University of Minneosta OR Minnesota State University. Please Specify.

Also, Send me a PM, and send me his details as well along with his phone number and address, so I can help you track him down.

I really hope he is in good faith. We are in another man's land, so one has to be careful here. Even all my roommates are all whites, I play and mingle with em and still don't forget where I came from. I still have my aim and objective to accomplish here.

Pls get back to me asap!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 10:26pm On Dec 19, 2013
clementcro:

PLEASE ANYONE WHO IS IN MINNESOTA SHOULD PLEASE HELP BY RESPONDING TO THIS POST, THEN I WILL PROVIDE HIS DETAILS TO THE PERSON.

PLEASE HELP US.

THANKS
This is serious. Bro, Have no fear, God is in control.

Please, Guys in Minnesota State!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by lisadem: 10:34pm On Dec 19, 2013
ronnie28uk: Hey all.
Just got in from my interview, and it was very smooth. Success without a sweat. It was a no-documents-asked interview. Take a look at how it went.

VO- who will be sponsoring ur trip?
Me- My vey close family friend
VO- why ur family friend?
Me- he has been a father figure to me since I lost my dad

VO- what course did u study in d university and where?
Me- medicine and surgery, University of ***
VO- Okay, Ma'am pls pick up ur visa on blablabla *hands me white sheet of paper*
Me- *grinning from ear to ear* Thank u very much, have a blessed day!

God's favour at work! Lessons learnt- exude confidence, be cheerful, do ur homework, don't be agitated if u get several questions, just take them in stride.
See u all at d top! cheesy

Congratulations to my erstwhile schoolfellow + a sweet darling friend kiss . Glad it was seamless especially the BOLD. Welcome to Aggie Land tongue Miss Farmer cheesy grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by lisadem: 10:37pm On Dec 19, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

Hello, I'm currently in the United States. And I'm in Minnesota.

Which of the universities is the guy in? Is it University of Minneosta OR Minnesota State University. Please Specify.

Also, Send me a PM, and send me his details as well along with his phone number and address, so I can help you track him down.

I really hope he is in good faith. We are in another man's land, so one has to be careful here. Even all my roommates are all whites, I play and mingle with em and still don't forget where I came from. I still have my aim and objective to accomplish here.

Pls get back to me asap!

I hope the guy is OKAY. I was gonna suggest you...Glad you are taking this up. hope you are getting used to the chilly weather and good speaking to you. wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by RickyRozay: 10:46pm On Dec 19, 2013
lisadem:

I hope the guy is OKAY. I was gonna suggest you...Glad you are taking this up. hope you are getting used to the chilly weather and good speaking to you. wink

Yes bro, I really hope the guy is in a good condition, because I can't quite picture how they lost contact with him.

I don dey get familiar with the environment gradually. The cold no too tough compared to the day I just arrived here.

The weather is calm and normal in the morning for now, but e go start to dey crase sometimes for evenings. Lol.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:52pm On Dec 19, 2013
clementcro: GOOD DAY EVERYBODY, I NEED HELP FROM SOMEONE WHO IS IN USA, MINNESOTA EXPECIALLY, I HAVE A FAMILY FRIEND WHO STUDIES AT MINNESOTA UNIVERSITY, IT IS BEEN OVER 1 WEEK THAT WE HEARD FROM HIM, EVERYBODY AT HOME IS WORRIED WE HAVE CALLED HIM, HE IS NOT PICKING, I WOULD LIKE TO GIVE HIS DETAILS TO ANYONE THAT IS IN MINNESOTA, SO THAT THEY CAN HELP US LOOK FOR HIM.

AMEFRICANA, AND ALL THOSE PEOPLE WHO ARE IN MINNESOTA SHOULD PLEASE HELP ME OUT, WE ARE READY TO SEND MONEY TO ANYONE WHO IS IN THAT STATE SO THAT THEY CAN HELP US LOOK FOR HIM

THE LAST TIME WE SPOKE WITH HIM, HE HAD MISUNDERSTANDING WITH A WHITE GUY, HIS COLLEAGUE, SO WE ARE VERY AFRAID RIGHT NOW.

PLEASE HELP US.

THANKS

Calm down bro! I'm sure he's fine. Have you checked his facebook page, twitter etc.

Btw! What's the name of his school in Minnesota?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 11:05pm On Dec 19, 2013
Amefrica:

What's the meaning of that ? Wetin bring that one come? Moreover, imperiouxx clarified it already.
Is that comment directed at me? Watch your tongue.
Really, watch it and respect yourself okay??
The same right you had when you told the guy the school was a red flag was the same right I had to correct you. I repeat, Watch it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by lisadem: 11:15pm On Dec 19, 2013
Congrats to Feregamo and filanid. have a pleasant stay in obamaland

@Tochium: Sorry about the delay. winners don't give up... Better luck next time.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:16pm On Dec 19, 2013
Ms Nas:
Is that comment directed at me? Watch your tongue.
Really, watch it and respect yourself okay??
The same right you had when you told the guy the school was a red flag was the same right I had to correct you. I repeat, Watch it.

I beg ur pardon! Did you see where I wrote 'I think'? Why not read well before attacking? undecided

There are so many ways to correct someone, than making rude posts. Imperiouxx no be human being? Abi you no see how he corrected me?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 11:22pm On Dec 19, 2013
Amefrica:

I beg ur pardon! Did you see where I wrote 'I think'? Why not read well before attacking? undecided

There are so many ways to correct someone, than making rude posts. Imperiouxx no be human being? Abi you no see how he corrected me?
This is my last post on this. Watch it, just watch it okay.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:26pm On Dec 19, 2013
Ms Nas:
This is my last post on this. Watch it, just watch it okay.

Like I give a flying monkey. undecided

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by rhylord: 11:31pm On Dec 19, 2013
Graviton v.2.0.:
I don't understand. You were denied after being approved?

Guys, is that possible?

Yes approved initially and suddenly called back to come recieve my passport and someone else entirely not even the VO gives me back my passport and a paper stating that i have been denied my visa.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by rhylord: 11:33pm On Dec 19, 2013
iamchux:

Sounds strange!

I feel so miserable right now, and i need an advice on what to do please. My school check ins ends Jan 3rd.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 11:34pm On Dec 19, 2013
Uhm..Guys,

Ms Nas, I'm sure Amefrica was just trying to state a point and I'm also sure he meant nothing by it.

I was also hurt by your post as it was clearly re-stating what imperioux had already said. Amefrica said he "thought" the school was a red flag, I also thought the same and made my thoughts known.

Please, this is nothing to get angry about, ma'am. I apologize for the misinformation. We are all comrades.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:35pm On Dec 19, 2013
rhylord:

Yes approved initially and suddenly called back to come recieve my passport and someone else entirely not even the VO gives me back my passport and a paper stating that i have been denied my visa.

This should be 'administrative processing' you were not granted initially.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 11:36pm On Dec 19, 2013
Amefrica:

Like I give a flying monkey. undecided
cheesy cheesy All I can say is....you should. Hence, cheesy cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:36pm On Dec 19, 2013
rhylord:

Are you sure they said your visa was approved or they told you to wait for administrative processing?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 11:36pm On Dec 19, 2013
rhylord:

Haba! Never heard of such o!...did the person who handed back your passport state the reason for this sudden change?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 11:38pm On Dec 19, 2013
Graviton v.2.0.:
Uhm..Guys,

Ms Nas, I'm sure Amefrica was just trying to state a point and I'm also sure he meant nothing by it.

I was also hurt by your post as it was clearly re-stating what imperioux had already said. Amefrica said he "thought" the school was a red flag, I also thought the same and made my thoughts known.

Please, this is nothing to get angry about, ma'am. I apologize for the misinformation. We are all comrades.
Hey, the guy clearly has an axe to grind. Nonetheless, I really don't care. But.... cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by rhylord: 11:40pm On Dec 19, 2013
dolapobello1:

Are you sure they said your visa was approved or they told you to wait for administrative processing?

i was given the white paper and told by the VO that i have been granted my visa, the white paper states i should go to the passport pick up center on Monday to collect my passport.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 11:43pm On Dec 19, 2013
Ms Nas:
Hey, the guy clearly has an axe to grind. Nonetheless, I really don't care. But.... cheesy
grin.. Fear been catch me o! I thought we were gonna have one of 'em cyber brawls.

Amefrica, are you cool?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:45pm On Dec 19, 2013
Graviton v.2.0.:
grin.. Fear been catch me o! I thought we were gonna have one of 'em cyber brawls.

Amefrica, are you cool?

It's OK, but she's up to something.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by rhylord: 11:45pm On Dec 19, 2013
dolapobello1:

i asked and he told me the blue paper will explain it, but he wasn't the one that interviewed me initially. I don't know what happened there, everyone i talk says they've not heard of a situation similar to this. I intend to go to the embassy and lay a complaint regarding this and they should explain the approval i received from the VO after the interview.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:47pm On Dec 19, 2013
rhylord:

i was given the white paper and told by the VO that i have been granted my visa, the white paper states i should go to the passport pick up center on Monday to collect my passport.

lipsrsealed lost of words. Time's already gone, you can defer and re-storm the embassy.
IMHO
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by lisadem: 11:51pm On Dec 19, 2013
Amefrica:

Why not change that school? I think (not sure) it's one of the Red Flag schools.

Ms Nas: FLORIDA INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY IS NOT A FRAUD!!! Abeg please verify ( (nice one) before you give people erroneous information (harsh). One of the members of this forum got her visa with that school.

@ Ms Nas and Amefrica: grin (na una 2 today) I see you guys blowing things out of proportion. Perhaps there was a latent altercation between you guys and this trivial issue is an avenue to blow things out... the bolds solve the issue. Amefrica said He thinks (meaning not sure but to be candid, you've got to be very sure before making such remark. advising someone to change sch is a bold step to take. So take note bro) @Ms Nas: mm.. that might be a little bit harsh of a correction if the post is directed to someone you don't have a smooth rapport with... maybe someone else might have taken it slightly and let it slide. however, you made a good correction.

Make una stop this before what happened in 1985 repeats itself sad
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:53pm On Dec 19, 2013
rhylord:

Since your resumption date is so close, you'll probably have to defer your admission and re-apply in the future.

Maybe God was trying to protect you from something. Go again, with the whole armour of God and pick up what is rightfully yours.

I'll also suggest that you post the entire transcript of your visa interview experience. Perhaps gurus can spot a few creases that need ironing.

Tada!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by rhylord: 11:56pm On Dec 19, 2013
Graviton v.2.0.:
Haba! Never heard of such o!...did the person who handed back your passport state the reason for this sudden change?

he didn't this time is was a Nigerian that handed me back my passport and the denial letter stating that i didn't prove strong ties to my home country. First of all if that's the reason i should not have been approved initially.

Thats the issued visa letter received after the interview

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 12:00am On Dec 20, 2013
lisadem:

Make una stop this before what happened in 1985 repeats itself sad

grin Thanks bro! Here got me laughing hard.. wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 12:02am On Dec 20, 2013
rhylord:

i asked and he told me the blue paper will explain it, but he wasn't the one that interviewed me initially. I don't know what happened there, everyone i talk says they've not heard of a situation similar to this. I intend to go to the embassy and lay a complaint regarding this and they should explain the approval i received from the VO after the interview.

In all honesty, the manner in which you were denied is very strange.
While a visit to the embassy (or some other means of) demanding an explanation for the impropriety is logical (and I would definitely support such an action), I do not believe it will amount to much.

Nonetheless, do what is needful.

Also make sure to set plans in place to defer your admission, so you don't lose both ways.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by rhylord: 12:04am On Dec 20, 2013
Amefrica:

lipsrsealed lost of words. Time's already gone, you can defer and re-storm the embassy.
IMHO

meaning i should wait till April? I intend to go to the embassy and demand explanation on this issue and why I was given the visa issuance letter and called back later. I would understand and feel less worried if it was denied right after the interview and not after granting it they call it back.

Thats the visa issuance i recieved.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 12:10am On Dec 20, 2013
rhylord:

meaning i should wait till April? I intend to go to the embassy and demand explanation on this issue and why I was given the visa issuance letter and called back later. I would understand and feel less worried if it was denied right after the interview and not after granting it they call it back.

Thats the visa issuance i recieved.

Wow! Nevertheless, they don't appeal against VOs' decisions..

I no knw wetin to talk again.

(1) (2) (3) ... (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) ... (501)

Travelling To Canada / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.