Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,180 members, 7,829,235 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:16 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (300) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (455222 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 3:37pm On Jul 16, 2014
Joenice: Yeah absolutely. In my sister's case, I kept on calling the school, so as to make sure her admission packet is sent to Nigeria on time. All of a sudden, the school recognized my voice. So sometimes, just by saying hello, they knew it was me.

Exactly, what happened to me,
When I just saw Hello and I am calling from Nigeria, if its not my admissions that picked the call the person will just tell me to hold on for my admissions adviser to attend to my case.. I really enjoyed talking to them.. LooL
My admission adviser na my padi oo.. So bro, pls call them ooo.. Start calling them now now now..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jul 16, 2014
@aanowai, you just have to do the calling because the admission is much more important to you than the school. And of course, there are lots of many files. Administrative work is tedious and boring, so they get tired sometimes.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 3:43pm On Jul 16, 2014
ridimic1:

a ah ms nas diaries god o...I'm an intending MSC IT student.. jus wanna giv ur sch a try since u r in same field as me ..pm ain't working for me....
u don't kn if I will consider marrying you since u got dumped by imperious.. bla bla.bla.la

Hahahahahahah... gringringrin
Shey u see am for her face say someone leave her? But its good to try your luck cos man no be God...

Make i even ask shey nah true someone leave you and you dey look for another person gringringrin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by KClight(m): 3:43pm On Jul 16, 2014
[/quote][/color]
kizzykingz: please gurus in the house this is what i have been working on during my preparation period just want your review on them
my interview preparation
VO: good morning sir
ME: good morning sir/ma
VO: so what are you here for?
Me: to get the visa
VO: pass me your documents
Me: looking into her eyes with a gentle smile pass the document to her
VO: so which School?
ME: Houston community college
VO: so why do you want to study in the U.S
ME: I want to study in the U.s because my education, skills and natural talent will be 100% guaranteed regarding to the fact that that the united states houses the best community college when it comes to health science and health care programme and state of art facilities and also the conducive learning environment and the wonderful relationship between the lecturers and students and the exposure of one’s skills and talent through a carefully guided scheme and proper counseling
VO: how many other schools did you apply to?
ME: 2 lone star community college and Howard community college
VO: how many where you accepted to?
ME: the both of them. Still beaming my smiles and have been looking into her eye all the way
VO: so why did you choose Houston community college above the others
ME: that is because Houston community college is exceptional in guiding students into achieving their set goals and it will also give me the type of exposure that I want to get on the course I want to study and regarding their affiliation as the only community college that is a member institution to one of the biggest medical centre in the US which is the Texas medical centre, it will also go a long way in educating me on the technicality and more practical aspect of my course
VO: so how did you know about this school?
ME: I came across an article while In my final year of high school during one of the red cross and first aid society meetings of which I am a member with the topic HCC AND MY NURSING DREAM by fresh student of Houston community college then by name adaeze Bianca nwokem after going through this article it caught my curiosity and went into an extensive research for this school through the internet where I applied some websites like the usnews.com collegeboard.com and even the applytexas.org
VO: so what course?
ME: associate of arts in nursing.
VO: why did you choose this course?
ME: as a child I have always loved taking care of people showing people love catering for people and lending help to the aged sick injured and helpless. I had always wanted to be all this and the only course that will guide me better with more professionalism, technicality and more exposure on this my childhood dreams and ambition will be nursing so now am grown up ready to choose a future it will be definitely a future in the nursing career
VO: what will this course do for you after your study?
ME: it will help me in rendering better and more superb humanitarian services in my country Nigeria and also set an example for the future generation and also inculcate the technicality of the course in my country Nigeria with better exposure to yield a tremendous outcome thereby bringing about a better change in the health care sector in general.
VO: so who is your sponsor?
ME: my Uncle Polycarp ogwuegbu.
VO: so what does he do for a living?
ME: he is currently a health care officer in the Medical centre of McKinney located at 130 s.central express way McKinney TX 75070
VO: can I have his bank statement
ME: still gazing her in the eye wearing a dazzling smile hands over the document

VO: what do you plan to do after your studies in the U.S?
ME: I will return to do my compulsory one year community service for my country which is known as the N.Y.S.C and after that I will use my certificate to get myself a good job where I can have job satisfaction and be able to use my knowledge, technicality and exposure that I acquired abroad to influence the people around me and the health sector I find myself and also render humanitarian service.
VO: how old are you?
ME: 19
VO: where will you be staying in the U.S?
ME: 8006 durhamrun lane Richmond TX 77046
VO: pick up your documents at the isolo-lagos DHL house. New airport road junction apapa oshodi express way isolo, Lagos welcome to the United States a land of opportunities
ME: thank you and gently walk away with soft smiles on my face

Please does doees anyone know if Kizzykingz was given visa after reciting all this? I will will be going for interview next week and I have similar issue with with the above. My school is HCC and my sponsor is my Uncle who is a Medical Doctor in in the states
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jul 16, 2014
domex007:

Exactly, what happened to me,
When I just saw Hello and I am calling from Nigeria, if its not my admissions that picked the call the person will just tell me to hold on for my admissions adviser to attend to my case.. I really enjoyed talking to them.. LooL
My admission adviser na my padi oo.. So bro, pls call them ooo.. Start calling them now now now..
Cool. Am glad to read this. my sister's admission adviser became my padi too. I told the woman that my sister is a young girl. That she may help her in any capacity and that before her graduation, the whole family would come and thank them. cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by OjaP: 3:50pm On Jul 16, 2014
aanowai:

Thanks for ur response and contribution. Agreed, i applied late but my package will not be dumped somewhere IJN, Amen.
Secondly, I've been made to understand that there are procedures in the review of applications for graduate study. I'm also made to understand that my application is not the only one the department is reviewing as there are lots of other documents from different pple, who has submitted b4 me.
The schl is resuming on the 25th of August and today is the 3rd wk, of the 4wks they are expected to get back to me. So I trust that all is well. Thanks once again for ur time.

I hope you have a very strong GPA, good SOP, and great LOR for you to make the statement above. To be honest, it isn't advisable to apply and put all your hope on one grad school. Many students apply to as many as 6 schools sometimes with the hope that at least one would accept them or offer some form of scholarship.

Did you apply to a highly rated school or a B one? Have you checked grad cafe to see how similar candidates like you are doing? Have you been talking to a potential research adviser? Admission to grad school is based mostly on availability of a potential adviser unless you are not a STEM student or going the non-thesis route. Most people that I know contacted their professors even before applying to the program.

FYI, grad admission is not a piece of cake like undergrad. Not until the department review committee make a decision and recommend you to the grad school, whoever you call or email will only tell you that they are still working on your application.

All the best.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by KClight(m): 3:52pm On Jul 16, 2014
[quote author=kunlebal]@kizzykingz your transcript is lovely but but but why CC na, one thing you need to understand is this, VO's doesn't really have time for stories cos they got no time,

kizzykingz: please gurus in the house this is what i have been
working on during my preparation period just want your review
on them
my interview preparation
Me: looking into her eyes with a gentle smile pass the document
to her
ME: I want to study in the U.s because my education, skills and
natural talent will be 100% guaranteed regarding to the fact
that that the united states houses the best community college
when it comes to health science and health care programme
and state of art facilities and also the conducive learning
environment and the wonderful relationship between the
lecturers and students and the exposure of one’s skills and
talent through a carefully guided scheme and proper
counseling
ME: 2 lone star community college and Howard community
college
ME: the both of them. Still beaming my smiles and have been
looking into her eye all the way
VO: so why did you choose Houston community college above the
others
ME: that is because Houston community college is exceptional in
guiding students into achieving their set goals and it will also
give me the type of exposure that I want to get on the course I
want to study and regarding their affiliation as the only
community college that is a member institution to one of the
biggest medical centre in the US which is the Texas medical
centre, it will also go a long way in educating me on the
technicality and more practical aspect of my course
ME: I came across an article while In my final year of high
school during one of the red cross and first aid society meetings
of which I am a member with the topic HCC AND MY NURSING
DREAM by fresh student of Houston community college then by
name adaeze Bianca nwokem after going through this article it
caught my curiosity and went into an extensive research for this
school through the internet where I applied some websites like
the usnews.com collegeboard.com and even the applytexas.org
ME: as a child I have always loved taking care of people showing
people love catering for people and lending help to the aged
sick injured and helpless. I had always wanted to be all this
and the only course that will guide me better with more
professionalism, technicality and more exposure on this my
childhood dreams and ambition will be nursing so now am grown
up ready to choose a future it will be definitely a future in the
nursing career
ME: it will help me in rendering better and more superb
humanitarian services in my country Nigeria and also set an
example for the future generation and also inculcate the
technicality of the course in my country Nigeria with better
exposure to yield a tremendous outcome thereby bringing about
a better change in the health care sector in general.
ME: he is currently a health care officer in the Medical centre
of McKinney located at 130 s.central express way McKinney TX
ME: still gazing her in the eye wearing a dazzling smile hands
over the document
ME: I will return to do my compulsory one year community
service for my country which is known as the N.Y.S.C and after
that I will use my certificate to get myself a good job where I
can have job satisfaction and be able to use my knowledge,
technicality and exposure that I acquired abroad to influence
the people around me and the health sector I find myself and
also render humanitarian service.
VO: pick up your documents at the isolo-lagos DHL house. New
airport road junction apapa oshodi express way isolo, Lagos
welcome to the United States a land of opportunities
Please does doees anyone know if Kizzykingz was given visa after
reciting all this? I will will be going for interview next week and I
have similar issue with with the above. My school is HCC and my
sponsor is my Uncle who is a Medical Doctor in in the states
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 3:53pm On Jul 16, 2014
KClight:

[/color]please gurus in the house this is what i have been working on during my preparation period just want your review on them
my interview preparation
Me: looking into her eyes with a gentle smile pass the document to her
ME: I want to study in the U.s because my education, skills and natural talent will be 100% guaranteed regarding to the fact that that the united states houses the best community college when it comes to health science and health care programme and state of art facilities and also the conducive learning environment and the wonderful relationship between the lecturers and students and the exposure of one’s skills and talent through a carefully guided scheme and proper counseling
ME: 2 lone star community college and Howard community college
ME: the both of them. Still beaming my smiles and have been looking into her eye all the way
VO: so why did you choose Houston community college above the others
ME: that is because Houston community college is exceptional in guiding students into achieving their set goals and it will also give me the type of exposure that I want to get on the course I want to study and regarding their affiliation as the only community college that is a member institution to one of the biggest medical centre in the US which is the Texas medical centre, it will also go a long way in educating me on the technicality and more practical aspect of my course
ME: I came across an article while In my final year of high school during one of the red cross and first aid society meetings of which I am a member with the topic HCC AND MY NURSING DREAM by fresh student of Houston community college then by name adaeze Bianca nwokem after going through this article it caught my curiosity and went into an extensive research for this school through the internet where I applied some websites like the usnews.com collegeboard.com and even the applytexas.org
ME: as a child I have always loved taking care of people showing people love catering for people and lending help to the aged sick injured and helpless. I had always wanted to be all this and the only course that will guide me better with more professionalism, technicality and more exposure on this my childhood dreams and ambition will be nursing so now am grown up ready to choose a future it will be definitely a future in the nursing career
ME: it will help me in rendering better and more superb humanitarian services in my country Nigeria and also set an example for the future generation and also inculcate the technicality of the course in my country Nigeria with better exposure to yield a tremendous outcome thereby bringing about a better change in the health care sector in general.
ME: he is currently a health care officer in the Medical centre of McKinney located at 130 s.central express way McKinney TX 75070
ME: still gazing her in the eye wearing a dazzling smile hands over the document

ME: I will return to do my compulsory one year community service for my country which is known as the N.Y.S.C and after that I will use my certificate to get myself a good job where I can have job satisfaction and be able to use my knowledge, technicality and exposure that I acquired abroad to influence the people around me and the health sector I find myself and also render humanitarian service.
VO: pick up your documents at the isolo-lagos DHL house. New airport road junction apapa oshodi express way isolo, Lagos welcome to the United States a land of opportunities

Please does doees anyone know if Kizzykingz was given visa after reciting all this? I will will be going for interview next week and I have similar issue with with the above. My school is HCC and my sponsor is my Uncle who is a Medical Doctor in in the states

Yea.. Just read the concluding part of the interview or the bolded part
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jul 16, 2014
@Walspring, the interview was so long. Congrats to him smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jul 16, 2014
Wetin dey happen now? No transcripts lately!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jul 16, 2014
Joenice: @Walspring, the interview was so long. Congrats to him smiley
grin now you're enjoying it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jul 16, 2014
zeezahbee: when I filled the first form it didn't bring up the present work/education page, so I tried another one and It was same, so it was so obvious they have edited the website, so I only filled the page that came up and I make sure under the specify and brief description, I explained everytin that was meant to be on the missing page
that means you didn't fill in your previous schools? Thanks for the info
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jul 16, 2014
Try royal maroc air. They have flight to jft at 1059usd.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 4:48pm On Jul 16, 2014
aanowai:

Thanks for ur response and contribution. Agreed, i applied late but my package will not be dumped somewhere IJN, Amen.
Secondly, I've been made to understand that there are procedures in the review of applications for graduate study. I'm also made to understand that my application is not the only one the department is reviewing as there are lots of other documents from different pple, who has submitted b4 me.
The schl is resuming on the 25th of August and today is the 3rd wk, of the 4wks they are expected to get back to me. So I trust that all is well. Thanks once again for ur time.
Mr. Man, I was only advising ok, don't take it P, it's a normal thing admission office do, they have plenty package and you are not the only applicant and now its late, I don't even know you, so why will I cuss you. From your response, it shows you already spoke them, then why come and the question again when you know the school already promise you to review your stuffs this week. Anyways good luck
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by kpolli(m): 4:53pm On Jul 16, 2014
MsNas:
Pastor Kpolli (Nice name btw grin), Naija guys na the true definition of Nigga. Lmao. cheesy If Naija guy tells you good evening, go outside and look.... its not evening. it's morning.

No be so Imperiouxx do do, go carry another fine Nigerian belle put for house? After all our talk? Dia Ris Godu oo cry

Lest I forget....No be so 'Wale, your twin go do, do born baby? After all our paroles for Lagos? And you're there in New Orleans asking me wetin Naija guy do me?. Mind yourself oo angry

I dey New Orleans dey preach naaa... Lol
But on a serious note, I ain't in New Orleans tho..... Wale no get pikin ooo, na him niece... Him whyne you well

I agree we have some bad naija guys but majority of them are good.... Na naija girls be the ones to fear

Plus where did the Pastor label come from?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by drzik: 4:54pm On Jul 16, 2014
got to embassy at 6am for a 6:30am appointment. Had the necessary security checks with Biometrics and then my number came up.
v.o: Why do you want to go to America (sounded like Amefrica )
me: I'm going for my master Public health at the University of Minnesota
v.o. why Minnesota?
me. apart from the school being one of the top public research institutions in the U.S, it's a top ten school of Public health that has over the years been at the forefront of stellar innovations and research works of great impact to the U.S and the world
V.o:What Will this degree do for you?
me: it will give me a top-notch edge in my chosen career path. Equip me adequately for health systems administration and policy formulation that Will allow me contribute significantly to bridging rural-urban divide in access to healthcare,improve health indices in Sub-saharan Africa and West Africa specifically.
V.o What courses Will you take in your first year
me:listed about five (only thing i looked up as I was being driven to the embassy)
vshocked What degree do u have?
me: I have Bachelors in Medicine and Surgery
v.o:What's that?
me: I'm a Medical doctor
v.o:Did you write any exam
me:Yes, GRE (passed the report )
v.o:can I see your transcript?
me: I only have my WES evaluation here
me: it's the report of the agency most schools prefer for evaluation of the transcript of foreign graduates. It is this report the schools work with (she motioned for it and i passed it).*v.o nodding all the while*
V.o:ok,ok, who is sponsoring you?
Me:My Aunt
V.o:what does she do?
Me: She owns and runs an Oil and Gas retail business.
Vshocked (spent quite some time typing before facing me again) i'll still like to see your school transcript (writing on a white) .so,come any Monday or Wed with it
Me: I have it in my car around here
V.o: can you bring it before 1pm?
Me:yes
She made correction and passed me the white paper
So,I left and rushed back to Oshodi for the Transcript. The traffic on the other side of 3rd MB was discouraging but I made it back to the embassy before 12

I went through the routine checks again. This time my V.O was this amiable young white guy with infectious smile but I wasnt smiling as I was hungry and I've had to take medication to paralyse my gut when I started feeling funny after the first interview. I'd noticed the guy before my first interview and was hoping for him as it seemed he was catching fun issuing visas and it was glaring people he denied were not prepared or genuine.

V.o :Ok,do you have your transcript now?
me:Yes (passed him the papers)
v.o: You went to Ibadan?
me:yes
V.o:What happened your second exam?
me:I fell ill and was admitted few days to exam and I could not revise adequately for the exam so I passed on resiting the exam.
v.o:and your third exam?
me:I got little overwhelmed with school politics and some rural medical outreach involvements leaving me with little time to prepare adequately for the exam.
v.o: yea, these things happen
(my transcript actually shows good academic standings outside those blips n my reasons were actually the truth)
v.o: welcome to America,I'm going to approve your visa. You can pick it up in two days.Please keep your I-20 very well as you'll need it at the point of entry.
(v.o looking at my face all the while for that smile I think he likes extracting from faces,I was too hungry to smile )
I packed my stuff and rushed to work for my afternoon shift.

I saw quite a lot while waiting for my interview and all I can say is people should heed advice on this thread,be calm and prepared,choose the right school(s),write exams -gre, gmat,don't be nervous,be honest,go with necessary documents,be polite - two guys were arguing loudly with their v.os! and count on God.
I don't comment on posts on the thread but I read through all and got answers to the few I asked. A lot of you guys were really helpful I can say you prepared me for the interview. God knows you and he'll bless you.
Gravies!
One Question Please : Is there any Point of Entry precaution i need to take?I intend spending 3-4 days in Houston before flying to Minnesota.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by kpolli(m): 5:06pm On Jul 16, 2014
MsNas:
If you had money transferred to you from Nigeria and you wanted it in your American account (say you wanna pay your school fees with it, cos some schools don't accept International cards and because exchange rates flunctuates like crazy), this is what to do...

Go to Walmart Money Center. Tell them you wanna buy money order. Money Order is charged at the rate of 70c where I live. But with money order, you can only put $1,000 on each money order at most. So, let's say you wanna withdraw $5,000 from your Nigerian card, you buy 5 money orders worth $1,000 each. The total amount you pay for the money orders will be 5X70c. That's $3.50 for drawing $5,000.

This is what I do whenever I wanna transfer funds from my Nigerian account to my American account because using the ATM isn't a viable choice.
1. Most ATMs have a limit of how much you can withdraw from it everyday with a card. It's most times capped at $1,000. So if I had $5,000 to withdraw, I have to do it over a period of 5 days.
2. Asides the fact that GTBank (that's my Nigerian bank) will charge me #420 for using my card on an ATM, the bank you're using its ATM will also charge you like $5 for using their services. 5X5 is $25. Excluding the GTBank charges oo. I'm not an Ijebu Lady grin but i don't subscribe to wasting my meagre funds.

One other thing: you might even find some stores that sell Money Orders for cheaper prices than Walmart. There's a store where I live called Kroger, its a super-store just like Walmart and they sell their own money other for 54c. I go there most of the time because its even closer to my house than Walmart.

Edited: after you buy the money orders, take them to any branch of your bank and tell them you want to deposit them into your account. Most times it clears almost imediately. But I live in the Bible belt, folks are kinda racist. They don't believe a young black female can have such amount. The first two times I did it, they actually asked me where I got the money order from(to ascertain it was genuine). When I told them Walmart, they called Walmart and verified if indeed I bought the money order from them. Who cares undecided. Still at that, it took 2days for the Money Order to clear and reflect in my account. Others might be luckier.

Why didn't you tell us this since.... My money done waste cry

drzik: got to embassy at 6am for a 6:30am appointment. Had the necessary security checks with Biometrics and then my number came up.
v.o. why Minnesota?
me. apart from the school being one of the top public research institutions in the U.S, it's a top ten school of Public health that has over the years been at the forefront of stellar innovations and research works of great impact to the U.S and the world
me: it will give me a top-notch edge in my chosen career path. Equip me adequately for health systems administration and policy formulation that Will allow me contribute significantly to bridging rural-urban divide in access to healthcare,improve health indices in Sub-saharan Africa and West Africa specifically.
me:listed about five (only thing i looked up as I was being driven to the embassy)
me: it's the report of the agency most schools prefer for evaluation of the transcript of foreign graduates. It is this report the schools work with (she motioned for it and i passed it).*v.o nodding all the while*
Vshocked (spent quite some time typing before facing me again) i'll still like to see your school transcript (writing on a white) .so,come any Monday or Wed with it
So,I left and rushed back to Oshodi for the Transcript. The traffic on the other side of 3rd MB was discouraging but I made it back to the embassy before 12
I went through the routine checks again. This time my V.O was this amiable young white guy with infectious smile but I wasnt smiling as I was hungry and I've had to take medication to paralyse my gut when I started feeling funny after the first interview. I'd noticed the guy before my first interview and was hoping for him as it seemed he was catching fun issuing visas and it was glaring people he denied were not prepared or genuine.
me:I fell ill and was admitted few days to exam and I could not revise adequately for the exam so I passed on resiting the exam.
me:I got little overwhelmed with school politics and some rural medical outreach involvements leaving me with little time to prepare adequately for the exam.
(my transcript actually shows good academic standings outside those blips n my reasons were actually the truth)
v.o: welcome to America,I'm going to approve your visa. You can pick it up in two days.Please keep your I-20 very well as you'll need it at the point of entry.
(v.o looking at my face all the while for that smile I think he likes extracting from faces,I was too hungry to smile )
I saw quite a lot while waiting for my interview and all I can say is people should heed advice on this thread,be calm and prepared,choose the right school(s),write exams -gre, gmat,don't be nervous,be honest,go with necessary documents,be polite - two guys were arguing loudly with their v.os! and count on God.
I don't comment on posts on the thread but I read through all and got answers to the few I asked. A lot of you guys were really helpful I can say you prepared me for the interview. God knows you and he'll bless you.
Gravies!
One Question Please : Is there any Point of Entry precaution i need to take?I intend spending 3-4 days in Houston before flying to Minnesota.

Congrats, precaution like? Don't bring anything illegal, dazzall!!! You can enter thru any entry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Sponge3(m): 5:07pm On Jul 16, 2014
drzik: got to embassy at 6am for a 6:30am appointment. Had the necessary security checks with Biometrics and then my number came up.
v.o. why Minnesota?

Gravies!

Congratulations
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by STENON(f): 5:15pm On Jul 16, 2014
@drZik......congrats and be fruitful in Obamaland
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 5:15pm On Jul 16, 2014
v.o. why Minnesota?

Gravies!
Congrats Doctor, welcome to america. Yes, you can come to houston to spend few days before going to minnesota but I will advice you to come in through JFK (new york) because houston POE officers are strict. Book a flight to houston before leaving naija, they will give you a CBP form inside the plane or you can get at the aiport when you land, fill the name of your school on the form, give him eye contact. Same thing happen to me, I filled troy university and I was going to houston. Answer only what they ask you, once you are on the queue, bring out your i20 and your acceptance letter that's all. Goodluck
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by coobboy(m): 5:15pm On Jul 16, 2014
drzik nice interview.... very hectic.......congratulations though, welcome to america indeed
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 5:17pm On Jul 16, 2014
kpolli:

I dey New Orleans dey preach naaa... Lol
But on a serious note, I ain't in New Orleans tho..... Wale no get pikin ooo, na him niece... Him whyne you well

I agree we have some bad naija guys but majority of them are good.... Na naija girls be the ones to fear

Plus where did the Pastor label come from?
You're preaching at strip clubs and Gentlemen clubs abi? Ta! grin grin Where you run go? You don leave Southern Living for us abi?

'Wale no get pikin? That boy na Eediiottt! angry He made me cry my eyes out say he don go knack another girl akpako! cheesy Him and I are like Bonnie and Clyde oo. What God has joined together, let no man (e.g Kpolli out asunder)

As per the Pastor tag, I got of from where you got the Alhaja tag from tongue

kpolli:
Why didn't you tell us this since.... My money done waste cry
Lmao, zip it! And don't easter the water in your eyes. As of you didn't know before undecided
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by coobboy(m): 5:20pm On Jul 16, 2014
Do i need to attest (stamp or signature) my GCE result (online printout + scratchcard) before its being sent to my aspiring school (UT Arlington).... thanks to amerinancy toefl was somehow waived for me (nigeria using the british scheme of learning)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 5:45pm On Jul 16, 2014
coobboy: Do i need to attest (stamp or signature) my GCE result (online printout + scratchcard) before its being sent to my aspiring school (UT Arlington).... thanks to amerinancy toefl was somehow waived for me (nigeria using the british scheme of learning)
no need, but Do you have the original GCE result. Well ask the school if they can accept scan copy of it than wasting money sending it down
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jul 16, 2014
Congratz drzik. Nice transcript. Enjoy your stay. I would advice you go through JFK, then you can find your way from there.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jul 16, 2014
coobboy: Do i need to attest (stamp or signature) my GCE result (online printout + scratchcard) before its being sent to my aspiring school (UT Arlington).... thanks to amerinancy toefl was somehow waived for me (nigeria using the british scheme of learning)
email your school and give them the options you haveor ask for their options
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jul 16, 2014
@drzik, University of Minnesota? That sounds great! Congratulations. When i saw this school, I knew quite well you can never be denied. VOs hardly deny University of Minnesota applicants. This is a top university in America. My ex-girlfriend is a graduate of same school. MN is always cold. Minnesota rocks cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bimbola85(m): 6:15pm On Jul 16, 2014
v.o. why Minnesota?

Congratulations Dr.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bbdd: 6:20pm On Jul 16, 2014
@drzik
Congrats
Were you a zikite?
Anyway how long did it take before UI responded to wes verification? Did you have to go back to exams and records?
Thanks a lot.

Enjoy the US!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jul 16, 2014
Drzik,welcome to Minnesota!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jul 16, 2014

Congrats bro!

The bolded cracked me up. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by kpolli(m): 6:41pm On Jul 16, 2014
MsNas:
You're preaching at strip clubs and Gentlemen clubs abi? Ta! grin grin Where you run go? You don leave Southern Living for us abi?

'Wale no get pikin? That boy na Eediiottt! angry He made me cry my eyes out say he don go knack another girl akpako! cheesy Him and I are like Bonnie and Clyde oo. What God has joined together, let no man (e.g Kpolli out asunder)

As per the Pastor tag, I got of from where you got the Alhaja tag from tongue

Lmao, zip it! And don't easter the water in your eyes. As of you didn't know before undecided

Which strip club dey here? Be like say you sabi this place pass me, I have been slacking....
You sef chop him lie, smh!!!!
Na, I am still in Louisiana but am in BR not NOLA

I only go to NOLA on weekends

I never knew I could do that, I have been spending my money on ATM withdrawals. That 420 + $1.50 would have helped my account

zeezahbee: Congrats Doctor, welcome to america. Yes, you can come to houston to spend few days before going to minnesota but I will advice you to come in through JFK (new york) because houston POE officers are strict. Book a flight to houston before leaving naija, they will give you a CBP form inside the plane or you can get at the aiport when you land, fill the name of your school on the form, give him eye contact. Same thing happen to me, I filled troy university and I was going to houston. Answer only what they ask you, once you are on the queue, bring out your i20 and your acceptance letter that's all. Goodluck

That's extra cash in flights for him...I heard Houston isn't that strict compared to JFK.... JFK immigration has made me miss flight before

(1) (2) (3) ... (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) ... (501)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Italian Student Visa-help! / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 182
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.