Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,398 members, 7,812,171 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:27 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (299) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (454028 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jul 16, 2014
olumide098:

Check it out and pick one ja re
19a or 19b is OK. But Go for 19b if you're scared of height. You also avoid disturbance of people asking to adjust if they want to wee or something.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by amanze15(m): 1:06pm On Jul 16, 2014
[quote author=annabee][/quote] pls any link to get manhattan prep?!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jul 16, 2014
slimmy05: No wonder you spend most of your login time in romance section. tongue
Slimmy, you're angry with me. I can see that. But don't worry, I am not here to jeopardize your chances. I'm only kidding. Smile smiley

How're you doing today?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 1:28pm On Jul 16, 2014
slimmy05: Zeezahbee, how did you rectify the ds160 issue please.
when I filled the first form it didn't bring up the present work/education page, so I tried another one and It was same, so it was so obvious they have edited the website, so I only filled the page that came up and I make sure under the specify and brief description, I explained everytin that was meant to be on the missing page
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 1:33pm On Jul 16, 2014
olumide098:

Malik na sure guy if he follow those things he gained from Nairaland...anyway God favor and mercy will be upon him..by now he should post his success transcript.....

His Visa was refused! sad
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 1:33pm On Jul 16, 2014
chikenjoku1yah: i was denied visa on d 9th of July this month,,the 3rd time in Abuja, i have shown my first n second transcripts on the trend and i was corrected n fortified by d gurus to go bk. drawing reference from my second interview on April few months ago for fall.many said i was denied visa d second time because i applied early for falls after been denied the first time in abuja on the 31st of December for spring,so i had to defer my admission to fall. during d second interview i got every question very correctly till she asked me to give her bk my i20 again d second time,,asking me when i was suppose to be in skool i told her my i 20 said on or before the 11th of august 2014,after a while she passed me d refusal paper document smilingly,,,on the third interview 9th of july few days bk.d VO was seriously holding hands on d nature of my appointment scheduling she was saying i scheduled appntmt on december,april n july she said why d close proximity,,i tried to explain but she wouldnt want to listen, i dnt no wat d last interviewer wrote on my profile and shes trying to hold hands there. she couldnt allow me utter a word she bearly asked of iELT I told her my skool required TOEFL and is in my i20 and i presented it to her she said why didnt i write IELT,,I Boldly n angrily told her my skool required toefl n she passed d document saying she wish me luck in my education or sometime,, PLS GUYS WAT DO I DO,,DO I GO BK? IS THERE ANY GOOD CHANCES FOR ME? OR DO I STILL DEFER MY ADMISSON?

Bro, I am terribly sorry for ur denial, I know how you feel,..
I think there is something wrong with your application
Post your 3rd transcript first
Completely explain your application from date of birth to sponsorship just like my brother have initially stated so the Gurus can know how to advice you..
Remember, in all we do in life, God is the ultimate..
Goodluck bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 1:35pm On Jul 16, 2014
Stewee:

What?!!! Another denial??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 1:35pm On Jul 16, 2014
olumide098:

Check it out and pick one ja re
seat 14k,15k,15A,16A,17A,19A,20A. The seat I listed are window seat, you will only have one person beside you, you myt also be lucky the person beside you won't show up for the flight so
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 1:38pm On Jul 16, 2014
zeezahbee: when I filled the first form it didn't bring up the present work/education page, so I tried another one and It was same, so it was so obvious they have edited the website, so I only filled the page that came up and I make sure under the specify and brief description, I explained everytin that was meant to be on the missing page

During your interview, were you asked anything about the missing page?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Amerinancy(f): 1:43pm On Jul 16, 2014
My friend is looking for someone that lives near Lagos consulate @ walter carrington or environ closer because, his interview is too early and if he starts coming from the almost ogun state where he resides, maybe he will meet them when the consulars are closing and going back home from work..... grin
I adviced him to look for a hotel and he was like "kini? Kosi owo". I know hotels around that vicinity is too expensive, so what do you guys suggest?

Oya SAT/GRE question.
Please solve this equation.
If these men get these from me, who do you think was my favourite?

@slimmy - kisses minus hug
@joenice - hug minus kisses
@walspring - hold my hand only and laugh
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 1:47pm On Jul 16, 2014
KClight: The School will resume on the 25th of August but in my I-20 they said we should be there before 8th of August. (Mandatory Orientation)
KClight, you can get the visa but CC is a red flag but people still get visa.
lemme outline something
1.your sister in houston as your sponsor and you are going to HCC » its obvious you want to go and met your sister RED FLAG, you need a naija sponsor maybe your dad and to spoil matter your mom is even a permanent resident chaiii» MOTHER and SON reunion

2. you didn't take any test, the test could have buffer you up and VO might just ask for that alone, worst part, you were studying english in nigeria , you didn't complete it, its not science related and now you going into nursing» GUY you have enough red flag already you con use this one spoil am, well you can decide not to say anything about your english studies on your ds-160 , ENGlish to nursing, no science related experience and you want to jump into nursing, you should have chose english and then when you get to your school you change back to nursing, some people filled a different course, got their visa and when they get to school, they change their course, so easy and simple. your age is fine and waec in 2011 is ok.

With what I listed your sucess rate is 20/80. The 20 is by prayer and God's grace. My advice chill till spring, get a university admission, get your visa with that and transfer to your college
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 1:50pm On Jul 16, 2014
domex007:

During your interview, were you asked anything about the missing page?
NOP, domex VO don't have time to check all ds-160 pages plus the missing page was the embassy's fault because I emailed them and they said they were the one that removed it from the ds-160 so if you don't see the page, don't be bothered, just explained everything you have to say on the specify and brief description
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 1:52pm On Jul 16, 2014
domex007:

What?!!! Another denial??

I swear mehn! Its sad! I feel for him.
His on a long drive home...so I guess he'll give us his transcript once he arrives home.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by aanowai(m): 1:52pm On Jul 16, 2014
Hello everyone in d house.
Gudafternoon to u all, congrats to all those who hv secured their F1 visas and best of luck to all the others on here, that are scheduled for their visa interviews and those awaiting the approval of their F1 visas.
This is my 1st time of writing in here but I hv been reading for the last 2months, the contributions and visas experiences of everyone here in anticipation of my own F1 visa.
On the 25th of June, after sending all my documents for graduate study, I received an email from the school I sent my applications to stating that:

1. They hv received all my documents and hv forwarded to the department for review.

2. The department will get back to me within 2 - 4 weeks.

Today is the 3rd week, of receiving that notice.

a. House I want to know from personal experience, how long it usually takes for the department concerned to keep one posted abt his/her application.

b. Those with personal experience, did you get feedback after 2 wks, 3 wks, 4wks or after 4 wk?

c. What is usually the response like, when the schl finally keeps one posted? I will like anyone with personal experience to copy and paste, the usual response from ur school when they finally give feedback, so that I know what to expect..

The schl, i applied to is resuming on 25th of August, so each passing day, i wake up anticipating a response from the schl.

I appreciate all the response from the house. Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by olumide098(m): 1:55pm On Jul 16, 2014
zeezahbee: seat 14k,15k,15A,16A,17A,19A,20A. The seat I listed are window seat, you will only have one person beside you, you myt also be lucky the person beside you won't show up for the flight so

thanks alot...moo really appreciate...flight just dropped to 806 dollars....guess people go rush am after a don book for 1050 dollars
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by olumide098(m): 1:56pm On Jul 16, 2014
Stewee:

Cant believe this ja re..anyway i will try to call him now and if its true the next thing is to reschedule another one sharp sharp before skool resume..the fall of a man is not the end of his life....thanks for the update..let me cal him now

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by decreamaster(m): 1:57pm On Jul 16, 2014
aanowai: Hello everyone in d house.
Gudafternoon to u all, congrats to all those who hv secured their F1 visas and best of luck to all the others on here, that are scheduled for their visa interviews and those awaiting the approval of their F1 visas.
This is my 1st time of writing in here but I hv been reading for the last 2months, the contributions and visas experiences of everyone here in anticipation of my own F1 visa.
On the 25th of June, after sending all my documents for graduate study, I received an email from the school I sent my applications to stating that:

1. They hv received all my documents and hv forwarded to the department for review.

a. House I want to know from personal experience, how long it usually takes for the department concerned to keep one posted abt his/her application.

b. Those with personal experience, did you get feedback after 2 wks, 3 wks, 4wks or after 4 wk?

c. What is usually the response like, when the schl finally keeps one posted? I will like anyone with personal experience to copy and paste, the usual response from ur school when they finally give feedback, so that I know what to expect..

The schl, i applied to is resuming on 25th of August, so each passing day, i wake up anticipating a response from the schl.

Mine took up to 4good weeks,but i think u should call them directly on phone to discuss with them and also hasten them to make a decision about ur application.am sure its going to be a positive one.relax

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 2:10pm On Jul 16, 2014
chikenjoku1yah: i was denied visa on d 9th of July this month,,the 3rd time in Abuja, i have shown my first n second transcripts on the trend and i was corrected n fortified by d gurus to go bk. drawing reference from my second interview on April few months ago for fall.many said i was denied visa d second time because i applied early for falls after been denied the first time in abuja on the 31st of December for spring,so i had to defer my admission to fall. during d second interview i got every question very correctly till she asked me to give her bk my i20 again d second time,,asking me when i was suppose to be in skool i told her my i 20 said on or before the 11th of august 2014,after a while she passed me d refusal paper document smilingly,,,on the third interview 9th of july few days bk.d VO was seriously holding hands on d nature of my appointment scheduling she was saying i scheduled appntmt on december,april n july she said why d close proximity,,i tried to explain but she wouldnt want to listen, i dnt no wat d last interviewer wrote on my profile and shes trying to hold hands there. she couldnt allow me utter a word she bearly asked of iELT I told her my skool required TOEFL and is in my i20 and i presented it to her she said why didnt i write IELT,,I Boldly n angrily told her my skool required toefl n she passed d document saying she wish me luck in my education or sometime,, PLS GUYS WAT DO I DO,,DO I GO BK? IS THERE ANY GOOD CHANCES FOR ME? OR DO I STILL DEFER MY ADMISSON?

WOW!
You need to give it a break for a while.
Its not good to lose your cool when undergoing an interview...That's like pulling the trigger on your own head.
You need to break the pattern!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by dimmy08: 2:10pm On Jul 16, 2014
olumide098:

thanks alot...moo really appreciate...flight just dropped to 806 dollars....guess people go rush am after a don book for 1050 dollars
Olumide098 Abeg which airline is this and can you give the site...need cheap ticket oooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 2:10pm On Jul 16, 2014

Abeg no sit down dey look just like that, you applied late and by next week the school will start welcoming new students. When you apply, don't just wait for them to email you about the progress of your application, you are the one that need something not them, bomb them with emails and calls everyday, they might have even dumped your package somewhere because right now just few schools still accept students. If you are using MTN, load 1K card on your fone, send IBD 1000 to 131 and you get 2hours international call valid for 7days' keep calling them everyday to know your fate. Good luck

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 2:11pm On Jul 16, 2014
dimmy08:
Olumide098 Abeg which airline is this and can you give the site...need cheap ticket oooo
qatarairways.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by olumide098(m): 2:13pm On Jul 16, 2014
dimmy08:

www.qatarairways.com .....Look 27th of August
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by dimmy08: 2:16pm On Jul 16, 2014
olumide098:

www.qatarairways.com .....Look 27th of August
ok thanks 27th is too far, need to be in school by 20th for orientation...last day for resumption is even 25th...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jul 16, 2014
Amerinancy: My friend is looking for someone that lives near Lagos consulate @ walter carrington or environ closer because, his interview is too early and if he starts coming from the almost ogun state where he resides, maybe he will meet them when the consulars are closing and going back home from work..... grin
I adviced him to look for a hotel and he was like "kini? Kosi owo". I know hotels around that vicinity is too expensive, so what do you guys suggest?

Oya SAT/GRE question.
Please solve this equation.
If these men get these from me, who do you think was my favourite?

@slimmy - kisses minus hug
@joenice - hug minus kisses
@walspring - hold my hand only and laugh
Hahahahaha you crack me up cheesy A phrase describing an unexpected event? If any of these men including me gets closer to you, believe me, you're finished! cheesy Guess I'm already in trouble here! Probability was my favorite subject in Math.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by aanowai(m): 2:48pm On Jul 16, 2014
zeezahbee: Abeg no sit down dey look just like that, you applied late and by next week the school will start welcoming new students. When you apply, don't just wait for them to email you about the progress of your application, you are the one that need something not them, bomb them with emails and calls everyday, they might have even dumped your package somewhere because right now just few schools still accept students. If you are using MTN, load 1K card on your fone, send IBD 1000 to 131 and you get 2hours international call valid for 7days' keep calling them everyday to know your fate. Good luck

Thanks for ur response and contribution. Agreed, i applied late but my package will not be dumped somewhere IJN, Amen.
Secondly, I've been made to understand that there are procedures in the review of applications for graduate study. I'm also made to understand that my application is not the only one the department is reviewing as there are lots of other documents from different pple, who has submitted b4 me.
The schl is resuming on the 25th of August and today is the 3rd wk, of the 4wks they are expected to get back to me. So I trust that all is well. Thanks once again for ur time.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by aanowai(m): 2:57pm On Jul 16, 2014
decreamaster:
Mine took up to 4good weeks,but i think u should call them directly on phone to discuss with them and also hasten them to make a decision about ur application.am sure its going to be a positive one.relax

Thank u very much my brother. God bless u for ur response. Pls I want to know what the response from the schl, is usually like, after they are done with the review. If's OK with u, u can copy and paste their response after the 4th wk. Thank u again. All is well.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 3:05pm On Jul 16, 2014
zeezahbee: wrong, how can 2cm be same as 5cm cool

Lol... No argument cos if i explain you wont understand... Am sure most people who took passport photograph were told that 2inches X 2inches is still the same as 5cm X 5cm whenever they said they want 5cm X 5cm.

Maybe because i said 2cm that's why u said wrong, anyway its inches cos America and British scale calculation differs but still the same at the end and thats when you will see America using LBS as weight while British uses Pounds

So dont look about the number 2 and 5 cos they are still the same at the end...

Anyway i stand to be corrected..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jul 16, 2014
aanowai:

Thanks for ur response and contribution. Agreed, i applied late but my package will not be dumped somewhere IJN, Amen.
Secondly, I've been made to understand that there are procedures in the review of applications for graduate study. I'm also made to understand that my application is not the only one the department is reviewing as there are lots of other documents from different pple, who has submitted b4 me.
The schl is resuming on the 25th of August and today is the 3rd wk, of the 4wks they are expected to get back to me. So I trust that all is well. Thanks once again for ur time.
cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 3:19pm On Jul 16, 2014

Pls, don't just relax and wait for them to reply your mail, try taking their number from their website and call them, recharge up to N500 on your phone.
I waited for my school to process my i-20 and reply my mail since Mar but I just received my i-20 early this month.
My advice is that you call them cos time is not on your side, if possible tell them to send you the scanned copy of your i-20 so you can work with that then disturb them for the original..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 3:29pm On Jul 16, 2014
domex007:

About this DS160 issue,
When I filled my previous ds160 in Nov last year I filled that I had an uncle in the US, but when filling the new one, the side where they ask
Do you have an immediate relative in the US aside from your parent?
I clicked yes, but when I was asked to specify which relative I didn't see uncle in the options just saw brother, sister, spouse, step father or mother, no uncle so I clicked No and went to the next question which was do you have any other relative in the US? That was where I now clicked yes but it didn't bring out the option where I could select Uncle, it didn't bring out any option at all. Is that how the site is or is there a problem? Do you think I made any mistake or its the site that's just messing up?
I hope I filled it well this time?

well as for me i dont think its the site issue cos when the girl couldn't see education stuffs on her ds160 page when filing it, someone filled his own and saw it on his own page.

As for me i will tagged that as security packaging cos they know what they are doing and why they did it that way to some people if i am not wrong sha.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jul 16, 2014
domex007:

Pls, don't just relax and wait for them to reply your mail, try taking their number from their website and call them, recharge up to N500 on your phone.
I waited for my school to process my i-20 and reply my mail since Mar but I just received my i-20 early this month.
My advice is that you call them cos time is not on your side, if possible tell them to send you the scanned copy of your i-20 so you can work with that then disturb them for the original..
Yeah absolutely. In my sister's case, I kept on calling the school, so as to make sure her admission packet is sent to Nigeria on time. All of a sudden, the school recognized my voice. So sometimes, just by saying hello, they knew it was me.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 3:37pm On Jul 16, 2014
Amefrica:

LMAO! I think he meant to say 2"*2"

" = inch(es)

Exactly big boss...

(1) (2) (3) ... (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) ... (501)

Travelling To Canada / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.