Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,129 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:51 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (341) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (454193 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 5:33am On Jul 22, 2014
zeezahbee: i dey wait. i go cook egusi and assorted that day. we go do honeymoon sugar moon
Gbayyi!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by goldenchic(f): 5:55am On Jul 22, 2014
Mjseun: My heart bleeped when that lady fell...

Goldenchic, please which cloth were you putting on yesterday. Were you the lady sitting beside a tall black guy with a guy on afro cut behind you? Just didn't get a distinction of who amerifica and goldenchic are? Slimmy actually told me to look at you but you already left before I could raise my head. Were you fine simply lady with milk coloured top with a car key. Omo if that was you then...... hmmmmm.
lol no be me. I was sitting right in front of d slim girl and her afro boyfriend. Wore a pink stripped shirt with white collar and blue jeans with a white sandal. Sitting directly at the back of the Indian guy on d second row.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bimbola85(m): 6:01am On Jul 22, 2014
hayjayfeez: McKinzie, My friend told me abt VIU, I applied wit my Gf n we got our visa wit VIU I-20. I don't really believe in this ur red flag thing bro. If God said YES nobody can say No..

Yes,you got yours with VIU but how many people were also fortunate like you?

My brother,all they have been saying on here is that the chances of getting one's visa approved with VIU,Devry and Co admission is very low not impossible.

Come to think of it,why testing God by going to the embassy with VIU's I-20 when you can easily get admitted into a regional ranked public university with low tuition?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 6:32am On Jul 22, 2014
zeezahbee: let him present it and add the work experience isssh as a backing. why will you lie you didnt do a test that you did. no lies

When we say don't lie, its not for this type of scenario. VOs don't just want to know if you sat for the exam. They also use it to measure your academic strength and chances of making it through the US grad school. Visit any India forum and you will find so many experienced I.T students denied visa simply because of low GRE.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by kpolli(m): 6:33am On Jul 22, 2014
hayjayfeez: Hello house, Pls I need the help of everyone in this forum. Though I have my visa already but I wish to change to a better school. Pls someone shld recommend a good school for me that still accept application for fall 2014. I didn't write any of the standardize test b4 but will write GMAT n TOEFL in the August b4 leaving for the state.

hayjayfeez: ... Thanks Zeezahbee, I appreciate ur advice but a friend said I should show up to my schl 1st then get admission from another schl( CC ) n transfer there. He said its easy to get admission in CC.

hayjayfeez: McKinzie, My friend told me abt VIU, I applied wit my Gf n we got our visa wit VIU I-20. I don't really believe in this ur red flag thing bro. If God said YES nobody can say No..

I quoted your 3 posts because I gather you are going to do Post Grad in VIU..... I hope you know CC's don't have post grad schools...
So my advice is to start looking for a Uni to transfer to now
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 6:34am On Jul 22, 2014
babyoriss: Hello house,

I'm a silent observer Nairalander I would like you to help me look thru this pre interview transcript I package for myself, my interview is on 23rd Wednesday July. Please help me go thru it and correct me if needed....Thanks

me: good morning sir/ma
vo: good morning..
vo: why are you going to the states?
me: am going the united statesstory for my bachelor degree in business, management, marketing and resources management at Faulkner University Alabama.
vo: why and how did you know about Faulkner university?
me: Actually my mom was the very first person to tell me about Faulkner university because she did her masters degree there she also told me about the quality education the school has to offer, I also went further by making more research about the school and I found out that Faulkner university is rated among the best university in Alabama and also it is rated among the best south eastern region by Princeton review 2010. And one unique advantage about Faulkner is that you are allowed to double major as it's in my case Business,Marketing,Management and Resources Management (These courses are being offer compound as Business Administration)Gbayi!
vo: How many school did you apply for?
me: 3, Wake Forest University, NC, Saint Leo University, FL and Faulkner University, AL
vo: how many admitted you ?
me: 2 Faulkner and Wake Forest and Saint Leo University put me on the wait list
vo: what do u know about Alabama?
me: Alabama is a state located in the southeastern region of the United States. It is bordered by Tennessee to the north, Georgia to the east, Florida and the Gulf of Mexico to the south, and Mississippi to the west. Alabama is the 30th-most extensive and the 23rd-most populous of the 50 United States. The incumbent Governor of Alabama is Robert J. Bentley and its capital is Montgomery.Gbayi
vo: Why that course?
me: Ever since my childhood I have always had the passion to study business admin because I was born into a business oriented family, my father is a successful business man likewise my mom. I believe that by he time I graduated from this course I should be able to add something special to contribute to their businesses and also set a goal for my younger ones who might also want to study business admin.na everybody for your family won study business administration?
vo: when did you graduated from high school?
me: 2008
vo: what have you been doing since then?
me: After my high school, I enroll for 1 year computer course at ........ in desktop publishing and basin networking, [s]when I finished my computer study I got admission into[/s]storythen, I studied acoounting in Laspotech Ikorodu in 2010 for which I graduated with an upper credit in 2012 after then I went for a 1 year IT in Keystone Bank which ended march 2014, ever since then I have been [s]voluntarily at my mum store at the sales attendant and accounting officer[/s] busy with my Intl admission
vo: do u have any relative in the us?
me: NO.
vo: okay... who is sponsoring ur education?
me: my lovely dad
vo: what does he do?
me : he is a successful business man, he is the CEO of .........., they are into the importation of industrial sewing machine, industrial weaving machines , industrial molding machines and industrial drilling machines.
vo: do u have his financial documents with you?
me: yes
vo: okay.. what do u plan on doing after you graduate?
me: [s]am coming back to Nigeria for my compulsory NYSC program and I plan on working with my parent or start up my own business.[/s]my Intl degree alongside my dad's influence would get me a great job here in Nigeria... so in the next 4 yrs, I see myself as a useful element, pushing Nigerian economy forward.

Other likely questions;
VO: Have you registered for classes?
You: yes, definitely!
VO: which courses do u apply for
You: check your school's website for your required courses and total the credit hours to be 12credit hours

You've introduced your mom to the matter, so;
VO: when did your mom graduate from the University?
VO: is she still in the US??
VO: what's she doing presently??
VO:Have your dad travelled before??

the VOs are tired of hearing about NYSC... Also coming back home, after spending millions of naira on your studies in the states, to work with your parents?? Are u kidding?? Can't u work with your parents without wasting funds on US tuition??

wife cheesy, I can sense some success transcripts here.. I can see you've learnt a lot from this thread. Infact, I sensed my success transcript here too.... you sha join everything together. Someone like you will quickly get the visa.

The other things you need now are;
*fasting
*conc prayers
*confidence
*biko, don't cast yourself oo... bad belle people many-- don't tell anybody your interview date..

Go pickup your approved visa, so dat I can give u my diamond ring wink

Success in advance ma'am...

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 6:41am On Jul 22, 2014

Hey, when we say red flag it doesn't mean their computer automatically goes red when they see your school. As far as a school issues I-20, you can get a visa with it. But chances are lower for community colleges. It all depends on your response, composure and confidence. But you may be unlucky to meet a VO who knows in and out about your particular choice of school. That is where the red flag becomes a threat.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by amanze15(m): 6:46am On Jul 22, 2014
McKinzie:

Are you kidding me?.. .

On USNEWS ranking list, the first 10 National Universities are Private Uni's.

Princeton University
Harvard University
Yale University
Columbia University
Stanford University
University of Chicago
Duke University
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
University of Pennsylvania
California Institute of Technology

Just make sure it's a good private that has a good rank..
guess they might be expensive

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Mjseun(m): 7:18am On Jul 22, 2014
goldenchic: lol no be me. I was sitting right in front of d slim girl and her afro boyfriend. Wore a pink stripped shirt with white collar and blue jeans with a white sandal. Sitting directly at the back of the Indian guy on d second row.

I can't figure that out but I could still remember the Indian guy.... Anyway just wanted to know if you are the lady I described. but fine Slimmy told me goldenchic fine oo make I look her. You already push the exit door.... All the best.

And enjoy America, please let me know when you receive any email as regards the collection.

Cheers
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Rijo02: 7:43am On Jul 22, 2014
goldenchic: oshe boda mi

Whats dat?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by donpapachi(m): 7:44am On Jul 22, 2014
Wishin all my nl family dose going 4 interview today success.go grab ur visa.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 7:47am On Jul 22, 2014
Teddyrain, congratunobia!!! Im soo happy 4 yu.. you finally made it. You no kon update me again ..

Wen is your school resuming? wen are u travelling? Which flight are u boarding??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 7:48am On Jul 22, 2014
Rijo02:

Whats dat?
tnx, my broda!
grin She don family-zone you grin

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by unnamdi79(m): 8:17am On Jul 22, 2014
Been away from the thread for few days. Congrats mjseun,nancy,teddy,goldenchic.. Welcome to OBAMALAND

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by oyero1: 8:28am On Jul 22, 2014
oghenegano: Hello nairalander....my GRE score is 270 and i was offerred admission study Computer Information Science at masters level buh i have a good bsc in Geology...buh am scared if d VO will make a comment on dat....can someone advice me pls
u dnt av problem with ur GRE score again since u got admitted with it, but u must be ready to convince the vo on d switch of major(geology to comp. Sci)...btw i hope ur admission is not a conditional one? Best!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:29am On Jul 22, 2014

So you're happy you're going to VIU
You think life's struggle ends once you step into America

Well your school is not even ranked. It's that bad.
It dosnt even have a campus.
It's just a money making organization to take money from international students

When they say avoid VIU it's not just for embassy
It's for your own sake.
No grad school will take someone that graduated from a school that doesn't even have a campus.
Like I always say after school in America is a different hustle altogether.
Good luck to you sha.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by oyero1: 8:43am On Jul 22, 2014
juntod:

Hmmm. Does GIS have anything to do with computer information Science? If No, I think its a red flag for someone with undergrad degree in Geology and work experience in Survey to be going for masters in Computer Science. That aside, no need to go to the embassy with that GRE result. It doesn't tell well of a 2.1 graduate. Its either you seat for the exam again or find an excuse why you were exempted.
bro Juntod,VOs dnt av d right to deny on d level of low GRE score,even if u r a 1st class student, if admission has been given wit d score...d only problem ds bro has is d switch of major which might lead to a conditional admission n dt is wht a vo wud nt want to see....FYI. sm students get funding wch such scores...I rest my case.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 8:50am On Jul 22, 2014
oyero1: bro Juntod,VOs dnt av d right to deny on d level of low GRE score,even if u r a 1st class student, if admission has been given wit d score...d only problem ds bro has is d switch of major which might lead to a conditional admission n dt is wht a vo wud nt want to see....FYI. sm students get funding wch such scores...I rest my case.
Who told you VOs don't have the right to deny anybody based on GRE scores? FYI. Once you're in front of any VO you are at their MERCY, they don't even need to tell you why they are denying you. All they need to hand over to you is the section 214(B) generic paper. The only thing you can do to get a visa from any VO is for you to convince them that you deserve the visa. And they reserve the right to give you or not.

Do you even know the meaning of conditional admission? Conditional admission is not given to only students who have a low undergrad GPA but to students who have to satisfy some prerequisite conditions before they can be admitted to candidacy at the Graduate College. Yours truly had a conditional admission, not because I had a low GPA or low GRE score but because I was a Physics major and I made a switch to IT. Therefore I had to take undergrad Computer Science classes before I was admitted to candidacy. Once I took the classes and passed, the condition was taken off my file. Go on my profile and read my visa transcript, the VO didn't even ask me what kind of admission I had. Conditional or not.

Lastly, pray do tell. What good school will give funding to someone who has a GRE score of 270/340?? You kidding right? Why would a student who worked his/her butttt off in college to get a first class have a bad GRE result, bad as e bad? Or do you think graduate funding is given on first come first served basis? You have to apply for these stuffs. They take into consideration your GPA, GRE, Application letter and in some cases (My school and also KU), TOEFL scores. There will be lots of people in the pool of applicants will scores that will make you hide your scoresheet in shame.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by streetMic(m): 8:53am On Jul 22, 2014

Goldenchic, please which cloth were you putting on yesterday. Were you the lady sitting beside a tall black guy with a guy on afro cut behind you? Just didn't get a distinction of who amerifica and goldenchic are? Slimmy actually told me to look at you but you already left before I could raise my head. Were you the fine cool lady with milk coloured top with a car key. Omo if that was you then...... hmmmmm.

oya wait. Slimmy was at d embassy yestday?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 9:01am On Jul 22, 2014
oyero1: bro Juntod,VOs dnt av d right to deny on d level of low GRE score,even if u r a 1st class student, if admission has been given wit d score...d only problem ds bro has is d switch of major which might lead to a conditional admission n dt is wht a vo wud nt want to see....FYI. sm students get funding wch such scores...I rest my case.

I have first hand information of someone denied based on low GRE score. They will simply tell you "at this time you do not qualify". I never said he will be automatically denied because of it. By the way, you can't get funding with 270. If anyone gets funding with that score, its not because of the score but because the school is not so good and they are in desperate need of student population. You can click the link below for more info about how low GRE score affects visa decision and how to tackle the situation.

http://usgraduatesblog.com/reasons-for-f-1-visa-denial/
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by RexNdubest(m): 9:02am On Jul 22, 2014
Visa granted this morning @ Lagos consulate. Transcripts coming soon! Thank u all 4 ur advices/contribution

8 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 9:06am On Jul 22, 2014
RexNdubest: Visa granted this morning @ Lagos consulate. Transcripts coming soon! Thank u all 4 ur advices/contribution

Congrats boss... Good news this morning. Transcript pls

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 9:25am On Jul 22, 2014
RexNdubest: Visa granted this morning @ Lagos consulate. Transcripts coming soon! Thank u all 4 ur advices/contribution

It has started again today the 22nd july
The 5th f-1 visa this week congrats bro enjoy Obamaland.. This week go plenty with visa approvals die,.. IJN. Amen..

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Mjseun(m): 9:26am On Jul 22, 2014
streetMic:

oya wait. Slimmy was at d embassy yestday?

Yes na, tall slim fine boy. Hour actually sat beside me. And his instinct told him I'm Mjseun. I was surprised when he said are you Seun? I laughed..... and said yes

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by gonfreecs: 9:36am On Jul 22, 2014
Please I will like to know if these schools ain't good; Cameron university..Wichita state university.. Kansas state university
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 9:42am On Jul 22, 2014
gonfreecs: Please I will like to know if these schools ain't good; Cameron university..Wichita state university.. Kansas state university

They are all good.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by donpapachi(m): 9:47am On Jul 22, 2014
congrat bro.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by oyero1: 9:50am On Jul 22, 2014
MsNas:
Who told you VOs don't have the right to deny anybody based on GRE scores? FYI. Once you're in front of any VO you are at their MERCY, they don't even need to tell you why they are denying you. All they need to hand over to you is the section 214(B) generic paper. The only thing you can do to get a visa from any VO is for you to convince them that you deserve the visa. And they reserve the right to give you or not.

Do you even know the meaning of conditional admission? Conditional admission is not given to only students who have a low undergrad GPA but to students who have to satisfy some prerequisite conditions before they can be admitted to candidacy at the Graduate College. Yours truly had a conditional admission, not because I had a low GPA or low GRE score but because I was a Physics major and I made a switch to IT. Therefore I had to take undergrad Computer Science classes before I was admitted to candidacy. Once I took the classes and passed, the condition was taken off my file. Go on my profile and read my visa transcript, the VO didn't even ask me what kind of admission I had. Conditional or not.

Lastly, pray do tell. What good school will give funding to someone who has a GRE score of 270/340?? You kidding right? Why would a student who worked his/her butttt off in college to get a first class have a bad GRE result, bad as e bad? Or do you think graduate funding is given on first come first served basis? You have to apply for these stuffs. They take into consideration your GPA, GRE, Application letter and in some cases (My school and also KU), TOEFL scores. There will be lots of people in the pool of applicants will scores that will make you hide your scoresheet in shame.
and who told u his visa is automatic if he has a high GRE score?...both events av equal probabilities my sister. In my post,I sed switch of major will lead to conditional admission(It happened to me).
I had low gre score,not has low tho, but I got funding with another sch but not with d one dt gave conditional admission cos I didn't switch major n most likely based on some other criteria other than GRE score alone.
Lastly GRE is not a true test of a graduate students knowledge,most schs knw ds n VOs y dey ask u hw come abt sm1s low score n dia one cud xplain d reasons...we av seen ppl here dt av been denied even with moderate GRE scores,that isn't our prayers tho...I submit!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 9:51am On Jul 22, 2014

Goldenchic, please which cloth were you putting on yesterday. Were you the lady sitting beside a tall black guy with a guy on afro cut behind you? Just didn't get a distinction of who amerifica amefrica and goldenchic are? Slimmy actually told me to look at you but you already left before I could raise my head. Were you the fine cool lady with milk coloured top with a car key. Omo if that was you then...... hmmmmm.

grin grin

Anonymity!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 9:57am On Jul 22, 2014
RexNdubest,congrats my broda.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by ceemac: 9:57am On Jul 22, 2014
good Morning people, I want to know if those getting Visas here at any point in time employed the services of any agent or they did it all by themselves to the Visa stage.
i am asking this because I dont even know where to start from with doing a Masters in the US, I will be grateful for any assistance that can be rendered to help me kicks tart something as regard achieving this dream.
Best regards.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by honeyad(m): 10:01am On Jul 22, 2014
Slimmy05 we waiting for your transcript o.. RexNdubest congrats bro.. Post transcript pls

(1) (2) (3) ... (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) ... (501)

Travelling To Canada / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.