Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,147 members, 7,815,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:52 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (340) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (454181 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 10:18pm On Jul 21, 2014
Mystiqme: I am scared of u MsNas. Veeeery scared.
Mystiqme:
Wtf!!!!how did u even know that.
Yes its a terrible score.
Why you dey scare? grin grin I be winsh? Oya bribe me, make I tell you how I take know... grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Mystiqme: 10:18pm On Jul 21, 2014
juntod:

Thanks. I wasn't really talking about percentile. Just used the 5/40 to make you understand how bad the score really is. By the way, 270 is in no way near 79th percentile.
I agree with you.
Here's a link to the percentiles for the new GRE for anyone interested. It changes every couple for months though.

http://magoosh.com/gre/2013/gre-score-percentiles/
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Mystiqme: 10:19pm On Jul 21, 2014
MsNas:

Why you dey scare? grin grin I be winsh? Oya bribe me, make I tell you how I take know... grin
Ibadan girls lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed. What's the bribe now? Oya take my percentile. embarassed
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 10:22pm On Jul 21, 2014
Mystiqme:
Ibadan girls lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed. What's the bribe now? Oya take my percentile. embarassed
Lmaoo. I will keep you in suspense for sometime. grin grin Go and be thinking of all the ways you feel it could be. Hehehe

Btw, how's NY? I no want your yeye percentile though tongue
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Mystiqme: 10:25pm On Jul 21, 2014
MsNas:
Lmaoo. I will keep you in suspense for sometime. grin grin Go and be thinking of all the ways you feel it could be. Hehehe
Btw, how's NY? I no want your yeye percentile though tongue

You are even revealing more details. And you say u nobe winsh?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 10:28pm On Jul 21, 2014
Mystiqme:
I agree with you.
Here's a link to the percentiles for the new GRE for anyone interested. It changes every couple for months though.

http://magoosh.com/gre/2013/gre-score-percentiles/

Hmmm, judging by this link, you can see that 270 (135 on both sections) is just 2 percentile.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Mystiqme: 10:32pm On Jul 21, 2014
juntod:

Hmmm, judging by this link, you can see that 270 (135 on both sections) is just 2 percentile.
I knew that, bro. I was just confused by the 40 and 80. This should help people know where they stand. Actually, it's also on the GRE score report.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 10:33pm On Jul 21, 2014
Mystiqme:

You are even revealing more details. And you say u nobe winsh?
I be winsh! grin grin Oya start running. But you should always know I will fish you out. tongue
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by teddyrain(m): 10:37pm On Jul 21, 2014
Thanks to every one who have celebrated with me God bless you all.

Please future applicants, I would like to give you guys some tips

1. Be positive (when you get to the counter, smile and greet them)

2.Look into their eyes while talking (please don't do it like a competetion oh! Just look into their eye, pause for 4 seconds before answering. think before you talk, please don't let anxiety make you talk before yo think)

3.Please be audible

4.Please don't memorize answers ( pick out your points and explain them naturally, you will be tense free.)
For example, if your school is one of the best in a particular program, know about that program and explain like if a friend asked you. Just be natural, it really helped me, when he threw that dart at me "Now you are giving me memorized answers" I still composed myself and because I knew about the school too well to memorize, I wasn't off guard.

5.Don't sound like a robot (even if you crammed a particular critical answer, try to make it look like its not.

6.Be calm (don't argue)

7.Don't bring out documents when not asked except cases where its critical, but use them as a supporting proof)

8.Say the truth (or at least make it sound convincing and in order not to screw it up, don't even lie)

9.My trick ( I actually have a baby face lol! But please use body language properly. If you are talking and explaining something open your palms, it shows you are truthful and have nothing to hide. Please smile, speak louder and act confident but not too much, they re humans too and understand we can be a bit nervous too)

10.Be calm positive and attentive

All the best. but before all these can work make sure you have insured yourself to God first.

I have some spiritual formulars to help you get your visa. Contact me and I will give you 3 mind blowing techniques for sure visa, if you are a christian.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 10:54pm On Jul 21, 2014
goldenchic: Congratulations once again. Just 9 visas were approved at the student visa today. F1 only. For d 6.30am only
how did you get to know it was 9 ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 10:56pm On Jul 21, 2014
genxris: After these weeks of rigorous preparation for my F1 visa interview at Abuja today... We got there but there system was so so sluggish and not many people were attended to ,finally they asked us to reschedule our interview choosing either 24th or 31st July dates. That's what majority of us did and left.
With the hunger and eagerness and anxiety of the day .
What will be will still definitely be.
its for a reason, so go prepare well. good luck

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by teddyrain(m): 11:04pm On Jul 21, 2014
Hello guys, my pickup letter does not have a particular date its just written can be picked up fter 3 business days.
Please its written that I will produce a stub number what's that? Because I can't find any on mine
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 11:07pm On Jul 21, 2014
juntod:

Please do not present that GRE score. If your school didn't require GRE, simply tell the VO that you were exempted because of your work experience. You can even try to get a written statement from your school to that effect.
let him present it and add the work experience isssh as a backing. why will you lie you didnt do a test that you did. no lies
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 11:07pm On Jul 21, 2014
teddyrain: Thanks to every one who have celebrated with me God bless you all.

2.Look into their eyes while talking (please don't do it like a competetion oh! Just look into their eye, pause for 4 seconds before answering. think before you talk, please don't let anxiety make you talk before yo think)

3.Please be audible

4.Please don't memorize answers ( pick out your points and explain them naturally, you will be tense free.)
For example, if your school is one of the best in a particular program, know about that program and explain like if a friend asked you. Just be natural, it really helped me, when he threw that dart at me "Now you are giving me memorized answers" I still composed myself and because I knew about the school too well to memorize, I wasn't off guard.

5.Don't sound like a robot (even if you crammed a particular critical answer, try to make it look like its not.

6.Be calm (don't argue)

7.Don't bring out documents when not asked except cases where its critical, but use them as a supporting proof)

8.Say the truth (or at least make it sound convincing and in order not to screw it up, don't even lie)

9.My trick ( I actually have a baby face lol! But please use body language properly. If you are talking and explaining something open your palms, it shows you are truthful and have nothing to hide. Please smile, speak louder and act confident but not too much, they re humans too and understand we can be a bit nervous too)

All the best. but before all these can work make sure you have insured yourself to God first.

I have some spiritual formulars to help you get your visa. Contact me and I will give you 3 mind blowing techniques for sure visa, if you are a christian.

Mind Blowing huh?...Lmao!
Need I mention that that counter can be very awkward especially for tall people.

Intending applicants should prepare and prepare well. Ask questions when you're not sure.
I want to liken Interviews to Swimming.... once you get underwater(before a VO), You need to stay calm and concentrate and take does strokes one at a time. You have to keep telling yourself you can't drown.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 11:08pm On Jul 21, 2014
oghenegano:
Thanks brov....so wut do u advice me on the cos aspect....Geology and goin for Computer information science and takin a major in Geographic Information Science
work on how to explain to the vo why you wana change your major thats all
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 11:19pm On Jul 21, 2014
ebdib: @babyoriss

Why would you pick Faulkner university. An unknown school in Alabama over wake forest university? A large research institution with a solid reputation all over the US? .
You might be asked so you better find a good way of justifying it.
ebdib you are right , people have been denied because of that reason. dont ever tell you a VO you picked a low ranked school over a highly ranked one, people have been denied in the past because of that. honeyad knows what i mean
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 11:23pm On Jul 21, 2014
teddyrain: Hello guys, my pickup letter does not have a particular date its just written can be picked up fter 3 business days.
Please its written that I will produce a stub number what's that? Because I can't find any on mine
just go to your pick up address on thursday. thats all
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 11:31pm On Jul 21, 2014
honeyad:

When are u hitting the embassy bro?

Very very soon. Bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 11:32pm On Jul 21, 2014
teddyrain: Thanks to every one who have celebrated with me God bless you all.

3.Please be audible

6.Be calm (don't argue)

Nice.. Thanks bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Datanonymous: 11:49pm On Jul 21, 2014
Big congrats to those who got their VISAs approved today, wish you all success in your endeavors, please try as much as possible to fix a convenient date for your flight and as much as possible, book well in advance, Nigerians dey para ooo, hikes in flight rate is crazy and seats are filling up real quick.... All the best!!!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by iluvmybishop: 11:54pm On Jul 21, 2014
Congratulations amerinancy,teddyrain,mseun,goldenchic,and all others......am very appy about dis,it has just been Baba God and nairaland,.....dere is no magic in d way dey answer dere question,.........all my guys on nairaland,u AR also my first Vos,.........thanks for making others succeed,......blessings from above ll not leave u............for d rest of us DAT AR expecting our interview and visa,.........lets just pray and work hard.
am so so appy. grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by McKinzie: 11:58pm On Jul 21, 2014
Bolakale66: Hi, got admission from a non popular school called"Globe university" in minnesota u.s.a the school was approved in 2003, I want to know if this could affect my visa approval during interview.

Also, my course of choice is information technology, an agent told me that I could be denied because of my course, that IT is a known course and it can be study anywhere even in nigeria. That the consular may ask me to study in Nigeria no need to travel to u.s. could this be true??

I.T is a STEM course and it's a perfect hit for you. Defend your course. To be sincere, u could get a visa to go study Yoruba or Igbo in America if your reasons are good enough for the VO.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by McKinzie: 12:01am On Jul 22, 2014
ebdib: What kind of schools am I seeing on this thread
Globe university, CMU or whatever the hell that means.

Hmmmm. I still don't understand why anyone would spend their parents hard earned cash on such low rate universities.
Gosh. Is the goal entering America or getting a good worthwhile education that's worth it in the long run?

Dear prospective students. If you have parents that you love don't make them spend money on inchoate schools. Look for good schools, study, write tests and get admission. The sky won't be your limit. Don't look for the easy way out.

There is no shortcut.

I have no idea about GLOBE but for CMU.. Be it Central Michigan University or Carnegie Mellon University, Both are top National Universities.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by McKinzie: 12:10am On Jul 22, 2014
francisabuah: PLZ GUYS IS A PRIVATE SCHOOL A BAD IDEA COS I WANT TO APPLY TO FLORIDA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLGY,A PRIVATE UNI.SO IT A RED FALG SINCE THE VO'S FINK THY GIVE PRACTICALLY EVERYBODY THAT APPLIES ADMISSION.PLZ FEEL ME IN GUYS.

Are you kidding me?.. .

On USNEWS ranking list, the first 10 National Universities are Private Uni's.

Princeton University
Harvard University
Yale University
Columbia University
Stanford University
University of Chicago
Duke University
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
University of Pennsylvania
California Institute of Technology

Just make sure it's a good private that has a good rank..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by ferguson1: 12:12am On Jul 22, 2014
congrats to all that were issued visa.

HOUSE i will like to know if university of south dakota is a good school or is it on the red flag?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by iluvmybishop: 12:12am On Jul 22, 2014
abymballer: My transcipt goes but denialed. I was sitted right beside Teddyrain, I heard all his conversation wih goldenchic but as a novice i was told not to communicate with anyone.

Vo: How do you know about faulkner university?
me : my cousin who studies in same school told me about it?
vo: what year did graddaute?
me : 2011
vo: what did she study?
me : computer science also
vo: did you take SAT?
me: yes
vo: can I see ya score report?
me: I passed it, he looked at it then down it
vo: who is paying?
me: my dad is the CEO........he is a real estate manager
vo: wht have you been doing in Nigeria?
me: I have been voluteering a health worker in Nigeria red cross
vo: Sorry your application did not meet the requirement.

Help me right my wrong

Congratulations to Teddyrain, Mjseun, Amerinancy & Goldenchic[b]
[/b]
bros sorry for d denial,u ur transcript clearly states ur reason for bin denied,so if ur cousin did not attend d skool DAT means u LL not even go to school,
anyway just read d previous threads and study d pattern dey use in answering questions frm Vo,dere is no magic in it......am also preparing as well,give ur best short again and d visa is yrs dont be discouraged.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by McKinzie: 12:22am On Jul 22, 2014
abymballer: My transcipt goes but denialed. I was sitted right beside Teddyrain, I heard all his conversation wih goldenchic but as a novice i was told not to communicate with anyone.

Vo: How do you know about faulkner university?
me : my cousin who studies in same school told me about it?
vo: what year did graddaute?
me : 2011
vo: what did she study?
me : computer science also
vo: did you take SAT?
me: yes
vo: can I see ya score report?
me: I passed it, he looked at it then drop it and held my I-20
vo: who is paying?
me: my dad is the CEO........he is a real estate manager
vo: wht have you been doing in Nigeria?
me: I have been voluteering a health worker in Nigeria red cross
vo: Sorry your application did not meet the requirement.

Help me right my wrong

Congratulations to Teddyrain, Mjseun, Amerinancy & Goldenchic

So if your cousin tells you about VIU, You go apply?... Kindly reapply and buttress your points as much as you can..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by hayjayfeez: 1:19am On Jul 22, 2014
McKinzie:

So if your cousin tells you about VIU, You go apply?... Kindly reapply and buttress your points as much as you can..
McKinzie, My friend told me abt VIU, I applied wit my Gf n we got our visa wit VIU I-20. I don't really believe in this ur red flag thing bro. If God said YES nobody can say No..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by goldenchic(f): 1:45am On Jul 22, 2014
Rijo02:

Wow.....U really golden chic? Interesting. Congrats babe n have a nice stay in the Washington.
oshe boda mi
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by goldenchic(f): 1:58am On Jul 22, 2014
domex007:

Nice.. Thanks bro
the most important of all is be calm. A woman fainted yesterday morning. My heart beat was faster dan a car on high speed but still I tried to calm my sef not easy though. Teddyrain was so scared dat he was saying em..em...I grabbed my chair for support praying for him. He knew what he wanted to say but the tension in him was 80%. I knw tension will come let's rem something that will make us laugh. No matter how hard you have read if u are not CALM you will be saying em...emm

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Mjseun(m): 3:56am On Jul 22, 2014
My heart bleeped when that lady fell...

Goldenchic, please which cloth were you putting on yesterday. Were you the lady sitting beside a tall black guy with a guy on afro cut behind you? Just didn't get a distinction of who amerinancy and goldenchic are? Slimmy actually told me to look at you but you already left before I could raise my head. Were you the fine cool lady with milk coloured top with a car key. Omo if that was you then...... hmmmmm.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 5:33am On Jul 22, 2014
MsNas:
grin Because the f beside my moniker is anonymous today. At least to some people.
grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) ... (501)

Travelling To Canada / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.