Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,201 members, 7,829,295 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (57) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (455226 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 6:45pm On Nov 11, 2013
Tochium:

Bro I have not insulted you in anyway..... just suggested for you. I see no reason why u should use such a word "dump" on me.

Just stay away from my posts and don't quote. This isn't your first time.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by sholay2011(m): 7:43pm On Nov 11, 2013
joelin_sewa: @ Sholay, I tire o! They have cancelled my payment saying funds has been refunded. The exams was meant to be for 7th of Dec. I have to reschedule it for Benin Republic. Have not done that sha
All izz well bro. I wish you the best in your exam.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Tochium: 8:06pm On Nov 11, 2013
sevule:

Hello Tochim
This is actually my first post post in this section. Forget TNT as they stopped their pickup service 2 weeks ago and they are still yet to resume. It was a real downer for me cos TNT is the cheapest and they charge about 12k for their pickup service. So I had to use UPS to pickup my I20 and it cost approximately 17k. I could give you their details if you are interested.

I will check on fedex. Thank you so much for your concern God bless you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by kessyur: 8:25pm On Nov 11, 2013
Hello Gurus, please your candid opinions on my concern will be highly appreciated.

I was denied the student visa in July 2012. I feel greatly that the reason cos i did told the VO thati have a sister in the states who is a citizen as filled on my ds160. Hence i had no choice than to say yes when he asked.

Again, i have another interview on Dec 6th, 2013. This time around i completed a new ds160 indicating that i have no relative in the US. And if asked, i intend answering that i used to have i has since left for Nigeria in Dec 2012 to a pick up an appointment.

Guys what are your stakes on this?

thanks for the upcoming responses.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:44pm On Nov 11, 2013
kessyur: Hello Gurus, please your candid opinions on my concern will be highly appreciated.

I was denied the student visa in July 2012. I feel greatly that the reason cos i did told the VO thati have a sister in the states who is a citizen as filled on my ds160. Hence i had no choice than to say yes when he asked.

Again, i have another interview on Dec 6th, 2013. This time around i completed a new ds160 indicating that i have no relative in the US. And if asked, i intend answering that i used to have i has since left for Nigeria in Dec 2012 to a pick up an appointment.

Has she left truely? You could be banned oh.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 8:53pm On Nov 11, 2013
kessyur: Hello Gurus, please your candid opinions on my concern will be highly appreciated.

Dont lie pls and stick to what u said in ur first interview cos everything u said earlier was documented oo...
If i may ask is ur sister living in the state where the skool u applied for is located?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by kunlebal(m): 10:26pm On Nov 11, 2013

Have you submitted your DS 160 if your response is YES. Fill another DS160 form and include your sister, after filling new DS160, go to appointment section and update it with your new DS160 number. I hope this help
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton(m): 10:42pm On Nov 11, 2013
Tochium:

No Chuks
ooh, cool
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by akay48(m): 11:56pm On Nov 11, 2013
Hello house, please I need you guys to help me on some quick info. I've got a US visa (visiting) that's gonna expire by february, nxt year. I want to know if and how I can get admission to study any Comp. Sci (BSc) course in the US. What are the steps I need to take, considering I have a Visa that'll soon expire, and what school would be best to choose from. Also what financial aid can I get (if any). I'm currently in Nigeria. Thank you all.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by conyema12(m): 12:10am On Nov 12, 2013
Hi guy I just got a mail from my school that my I-20 is ready be mailed.
Am I the one to pay for an express mail or the school. I will not like to risk using the Nipost system.
Pls guys how do I go about it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by RickyRozay: 12:54am On Nov 12, 2013
conyema12: Hi guy I just got a mail from my school that my I-20 is ready be mailed.
Am I the one to pay for an express mail or the school. I will not like to risk using the Nipost system.

Please contact your school and ask em what method do they intend using to send you your i-20 package down here.

They will let you know the method they will use in sending your i-20 package to you and they will also inform you if they will take care of the payment OR maybe you might be responsible for the payment through express delivery option.

So you need to get back to em and get all this necessary details.

But whichever way make sure you choose to use the Express mail delivery option which is the courier service.

Pls Do that, and get back to us on how it goes with your school and we will know how to advice you further till your i-20 package gets down to you here successfully.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by OjaP: 12:57am On Nov 12, 2013
conyema12: Hi guy I just got a mail from my school that my I-20 is ready be mailed.

[s]These questions should be directed to your school. Ask them how they plan on sending it and you can talk them into sending it via express mail if you are not comfortable with the regular post.[/s] BTW, which of the geology schools did you eventually choose?

Post edited after seeing Ricky's post above
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by conyema12(m): 1:29am On Nov 12, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

Please contact your school and ask em what method do they intend using to send you your i-20 package down here.

They will let you know the method they will use in sending your i-20 package to you and they will also inform you if they will take care of the payment OR maybe you might be responsible for the payment through express delivery option.

So you need to get back to em and get all this necessary details.

But whichever way make sure you choose to use the Express mail delivery option which is the courier service.

Pls Do that, and get back to us on how it goes with your school and we will know how to advice you further till your i-20 package gets down to you here successfully.

Thanks Ricky.

This is the mail they sent;

The I-20 will be mailed express mail www.usps.com the tracking number ER 76XXXXXXX US
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by conyema12(m): 1:35am On Nov 12, 2013
OjaP:

[s]These questions should be directed to your school. Ask them how they plan on sending it and you can talk them into sending it via express mail if you are not comfortable with the regular post.[/s] BTW, which of the geology schools did you eventually choose?

Post edited after seeing Ricky's post above

Wow master i settled for u of houston. Although west Virginia and Oklahoma are yet to get back to me.
And this one has always been my first choice.
What do you think ?

I-20 will be sent through USPS express mail with tracking number.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by OjaP: 1:49am On Nov 12, 2013
conyema12:

Wow master i settled for u of houston. Although west Virginia and Oklahoma are yet to get back to me.
What do you think ?

Great school!! Great Nigerian Community!!

I don't need to tell you about Houston again. You already know it's the world's oil hub. Congratulations on your acceptance, maximize your potential when you get there.

You are good with express mail. You should get it within 7 working days.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by RickyRozay: 2:26am On Nov 12, 2013
conyema12:

Thanks Ricky.

This is the mail they sent;

The I-20 will be mailed express mail www.usps.com the tracking number ER 76XXXXXXX US

They have mailed it already bro. Since they provided the tracking No to you.

Your i-20 package is already on the way.. You can also go to that website they provided to track the package and know it's current destination till it finally reaches you down here.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by RickyRozay: 2:34am On Nov 12, 2013
conyema12:

What do you think ?

If the oklahoma you are talking about is - Oklahoma Panhandle State University, then I would BOLDLY say you should pls just forget it and erase your mind from em and focus on other schools. That school nearly gave me high blood pressure.

They take forever before they reply common emails. I sent numerous emails like about 12, or more emails on different occasions to em since 4 month ago and can you believe up till now they are yet to reply me. I wasted my time and effort to apply to that school, after spending much on scholarship application documents I gathered.

They later sent me an acceptance email, 3 months after I applied for admission, even like a week before I went for my interview with another school's i-20. Can u imagine..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by flynbird(f): 3:53am On Nov 12, 2013
Ms Nas:
I don't think it's restricted. I registered with my school's career services even before I left Nigeria. Did you try registering with the portal before you tried logging in? Either way, they should have an office on campus. You might just pop into their office and see what they got for you.

Check those two places, you have a chance of finding something there. wink

Thanks dear. Called the library but they don't have an opening yet. I've put up another application for "University Information Call Center" Do you know if Wellsfargo is the best bank in terms of cost to use? I just found out they charge a minimum of $3 per month on any type of account. But they'll waive it only if you maintain a minimum of $500 throughout the month or you use your card a minimum of 30 times a month. How true is this?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by flynbird(f): 4:04am On Nov 12, 2013
Is T-mobile cost effective? I pay $50 monthly for slow internet. Its got unlimited text and calls and they give out the first 500mb internet at 4G speed and after that It slows down to 2G not even 3G. I don't have WIFI at home.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 5:17am On Nov 12, 2013
flynbird:

Thanks dear. Called the library but they don't have an opening yet. I've put up another application for "University Information Call Center" Do you know if Wellsfargo is the best bank in terms of cost to use? I just found out they charge a minimum of $3 per month on any type of account. But they'll waive it only if you maintain a minimum of $500 throughout the month or you use your card a minimum of 30 times a month. How true is this?
Keel trying and looking around. Anything might pop up. You could just jam an opening one day.
As per Wellsfargo!!! Which kain account is that? shocked Use your card 30 times in a month? That's crazy and unheard of (at least for me o) RUN. Try Bank of America and see what's obtainable first. Chase Bank sef.
flynbird: Is T-mobile cost effective? I pay $50 monthly for slow internet. Its got unlimited text and calls and they give out the first 500mb internet at 4G speed and after that It slows down to 2G not even 3G. I don't have WIFI at home.
I use T-mobile too. To me, it's quite cheap anyways. I rarely use my 4G cos I'm surrounded by WiFi. Anywhere I go, it's highly likely I get wifi. Come to think of it, the 2G network isn't that bad. Compared to where we're coming from (Nigeria) American 2G is like Nigerian 4G.
Another option is to pay an additional $20 for full 4G coverage. T-Mobile is like one of the cheapest here though, my friend uses Verizon. She pays $70 monthly and her data is measured. She can't use more than her allocated data per month. Sprint and AT&T are expensive too.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 5:38am On Nov 12, 2013
Ms Nas:
I use T-mobile too. To me, it's quite cheap anyways. I rarely use my 4G cos I'm surrounded by WiFi. Anywhere I go, it's highly likely I get wifi. Come to think of it, the 2G network isn't that bad. Compared to where we're coming from (Nigeria) American 2G is like Nigerian 4G.
Another option is to pay an additional $20 for full 4G coverage. T-Mobile is like one of the cheapest here though, my friend uses Verizon. She pays $70 monthly and her data is measured. She can't use more than her allocated data per month. Sprint and AT&T are expensive too.

I use Google free call undecided
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 5:42am On Nov 12, 2013
imperiouxx:

You na Akagum na. angry

Oya tell me how to use Google free call grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by flynbird(f): 5:58am On Nov 12, 2013
Ms Nas:
Keel trying and looking around. Anything might pop up. You could just jam an opening one day.
As per Wellsfargo!!! Which kain account is that? shocked Use your card 30 times in a month? That's crazy and unheard of (at least for me o) RUN. Try Bank of America and see what's obtainable first. Chase Bank sef.

My 2G is slow oh. Very slow. Its frustrating. And my landlord didn't include WiFi in my utilities. I'll have to pay about $50 a month for Wifi if I want it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by lisadem: 6:54am On Nov 12, 2013
imperiouxx:

Oya explain o... grin Google+ to any telephone service provider abi.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 7:01am On Nov 12, 2013
lisadem:

Oya explain o... grin Google+ to any telephone service provider abi.
Thief! Long throat
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 7:02am On Nov 12, 2013
flynbird:

My 2G is slow oh. Very slow. Its frustrating. And my landlord didn't include WiFi in my utilities. I'll have to pay about $50 a month for Wifi if I want it.
$50 for wifi? I sent you a pm.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by lisadem: 7:09am On Nov 12, 2013
Ms Nas:
Thief! Long throat
cheesy cheesy cheesy see pot calling kettle black. let him come up with the possibility first and let's see who will grab am first grin. Meanwhile, Am on a family plan with AT&T (na Awuf sha o) grin.
@flybird : Why not try to get 2 more people and sign up for family plan with T-Mobile. By doing that, the first person pays $50, second pays $30 and the third $10. You guys share the bills and each gets to pay $30. The problem is getting peeps sha o. undecided
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by conyema12(m): 7:11am On Nov 12, 2013
OjaP:

Great school!! Great Nigerian Community!!

I don't need to tell you about Houston again. You already know it's the world's oil hub. Congratulations on your acceptance, maximize your potential when you get there.

You are good with express mail. You should get it within 7 working days.

Ok thanks Ojap.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by conyema12(m): 7:15am On Nov 12, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

If the oklahoma you are talking about is - Oklahoma Panhandle State University, then I would BOLDLY say you should pls just forget it and erase your mind from em and focus on other schools. That school nearly gave me high blood pressure.

They take forever before they reply common emails. I sent numerous emails like about 12, or more emails on different occasions to em since 4 month ago and can you believe up till now they are yet to reply me. I wasted my time and effort to apply to that school, after spending much on scholarship application documents I gathered.

They later sent me an acceptance email, 3 months after I applied for admission, even like a week before I went for my interview with another school's i-20. Can u imagine..

Lol. I can only imagine what you passed through. Don't mind them.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by akay48(m): 7:52am On Nov 12, 2013
akay_47: Hello house, please I need you guys to help me on some quick info. I've got a US visa (visiting) that's gonna expire by february, nxt year. I want to know if and how I can get admission to study any Comp. Sci (BSc) course in the US. What are the steps I need to take, considering I have a Visa that'll soon expire, and what school would be best to choose from. Also what financial aid can I get (if any). I'm currently in Nigeria. Thank you all.
Nobody is answering my question. Please gurus, I need this??!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by ayobrain1: 8:09am On Nov 12, 2013
Hello house, I got a mail from university of Houston this morning that my Admission letter (no scholarship) and I-20 are ready and I should send my address for dispatch.
The dilemma here is that I already have a scholarship-Teaching assistant (which includes tuition waiver and monthly stipend) from the university of New Orleans for the same course (and same thesis).

My decision is to differ Houston admission to fall 2014 and and go for New Orleans (Spring 2014). Although, the money to fund myself in Houston, at least for the first year is not the problem, but I think the graduate assistant position will increase my chances of getting the visa. It is also an opportunity for me to study the same course for almost free, however, I do not want to be penny-wise and pound foolish.

Any advice for me please?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by flynbird(f): 8:18am On Nov 12, 2013
Ms Nas:
$50 for wifi? I sent you a pm.

Yes that's what my landlord said oh!

Can't check my private messages. I've forgotten the password to the email

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (501)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Italian Student Visa-help! / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.