Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,333 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (60) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (455230 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 9:49pm On Nov 12, 2013
shynepapin101:

Imperioux....I'm heading towards michigan if u r in minnesota lyk mst of our ppl here, onme day I go cum see u.

The new course u said, I dnt get, did u min my GA. Bro, dis is wat I do 4 a living ooo, so I package my admission wella, dem no fit resist them offer me every, jst to make sure I dnt go elsewhere.

Thx bro

Oh, I was referring to your id that sounds like a course. shynepapin101 cheesy

Sure, soon I will have some time to pay lots of visitation. But right now, I'm in NM not MN.

Almost forgot...... Is there anyone here in NYC or Hoboken/Newark, NJ from Nov 28 - Dec 2. I'm on tour kiss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 9:51pm On Nov 12, 2013
Pls ur advice is needed ...............
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 9:52pm On Nov 12, 2013
OMOLARAO:

VO: why murray
me:because of the school commitment to excellence, for the past 23 yrs they've been ranked among the top university in the southern part of the country,student to lecturer ratio of 14:1,the schools mba program is well structured which will help me achieve my academic goals.
vo:did u write gre
me: yes
vo: what was your score
me: verbal 155,quat 154, analytical 3.0
vo: how many school did u apply to?
me: murray,uni of texas elpaso, indiana state uni, troy uni
vo: how many gave you admission
me:murray and univ of texas elpaso
vo: when did u graduate
me:2008
what did u earn in your undergraduate degree
me: lower credit ( i tot she was asking for my scores) she asked again and i told her bachelor of science in accounting.
vo:what have u been doing up till now?
me: An auditor in my dads company.
vo: who is paying?
me: my dad
vo: how many employee does your dad company has
me: about 93
vo:are you married
vo:how old are u?
me:30

and that was all....
though am currently a graduate student of lautech but didnt tell her that.

Since u work in ur dad's company, i think u should get a study letter typed on your dad's company letter heading.

Also try and let the VO know that since 2008, u are not just working but u have acquire knowledge in some professional courses/training so that the VO wont be thinking u are out of academic lines for over 4years and how will u cope now that u are going for Msc. I hope this help?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 9:53pm On Nov 12, 2013
shynepapin101:

Amefrica, thanks bro....as someone who do dis runs for ppl for stipend. I decided to show them dat wheneva they got denied they actually caused it themselves as they didn't stick to what I told them.

Like I, pls don't think otherwise, think about it, fall '14 isn't far off.

Got it bro! Thanks so much.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 9:54pm On Nov 12, 2013
OMOLARAO:

VO: why murray
me:because of the school commitment to excellence, for the past 23 yrs they've been ranked among the top university in the southern part of the country,student to lecturer ratio of 14:1,the schools mba program is well structured which will help me achieve my academic goals.
vo:did u write gre
vo: what was your score
me: verbal 155,quat 154, analytical 3.0
vo: how many school did u apply to?
me: murray,uni of texas elpaso, indiana state uni, troy uni
vo: how many gave you admission
me:murray and univ of texas elpaso
vo: when did u graduate
me:2008
what did u earn in your undergraduate degree
me: lower credit ( i tot she was asking for my scores) she asked again and i told her bachelor of science in accounting.
vo:what have u been doing up till now?
me: An auditor in my dads company.
vo: who is paying?
me: my dad
vo: how many employee does your dad company has
me: about 93
vo:are you married
vo:how old are u?
me:30

and that was all....
though am currently a graduate student of lautech but didnt tell her that.

Since u work in ur dad's company, i think u should get a study letter typed on your dad's company letter heading.

Also try and let the VO know that since 2008, u are not just working but u have acquire knowledge in some professional courses/training so that the VO wont be thinking u are out of academic lines for over 4years and how will u cope now that u are going for Msc. I hope this help?

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by OMOLARAO: 10:00pm On Nov 12, 2013
Walspring:

My concern is i hope the fact that am married and my dad is paying for the tuition does not in anyway jeopardize my chance.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 10:00pm On Nov 12, 2013
davton69: Pls ur advice is needed ...............

Am sure u mean more advice cos i already said something and u can check page 58 of this thread and wait for other boss/guru to say more..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:03pm On Nov 12, 2013
Can someone just give an advice here
davton69: Wow wat a great forum...

I worked with an oil servicing company in Lagos during that time I applied for OTC conference in the US which I wanted to sponsor myself but its quit unfortunate that I was denied. The visa, Reason: no strong ties in Nigeria also am single.....

Now I left the company to another due to some personal reasons, thou where I am now pay less but I have peace of mind...

My issue is this, am applying for my masters program in the US and personally I can sponsor myself cos apart from my salary I still own a company that do handle some projects. (There is enough fund) but I want to seek for the advice. Of the house pls... Should I apply for my student visa as a self sponsor or do I get a sponsorship letter from my company stating that they will sponsor my program even thou we know am gonna sponsor myself....

What's the best way to apply and get my visa approved??

Thanks

Awaits ur response ....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by OjaP: 10:06pm On Nov 12, 2013
davton69: Wow wat a great forum...

I worked with an oil servicing company in Lagos during that time I applied for OTC conference in the US which I wanted to sponsor myself but its quit unfortunate that I was denied. The visa, Reason: no strong ties in Nigeria also am single.....

Now I left the company to another due to some personal reasons, thou where I am now pay less but I have peace of mind...

My issue is this, am applying for my masters program in the US and personally I can sponsor myself cos apart from my salary I still own a company that do handle some projects. (There is enough fund) but I want to seek for the advice. Of the house pls... Should I apply for my student visa as a self sponsor or do I get a sponsorship letter from my company stating that they will sponsor my program even thou we know am gonna sponsor myself....

What's the best way to apply and get my visa approved??

Thanks

Awaits ur response ....

Are you going for MS in Petroleum Engineering or Petroleum Geology? In any case, you have a good chance of getting the visa if you are going for one of the STEM majors.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 10:12pm On Nov 12, 2013
OjaP:

Are you going for MS in Petroleum Engineering or Petroleum Geology? In any case, you have a good chance of getting the visa if you are going for one of the STEM majors.

Also, a company sponsoring him will attract a big question that needs strong convincing answers.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:14pm On Nov 12, 2013
Thanks bro but am not. Going for direct entry to my Msc thou some how expencive but am gonna do a pre masters programe with Navitas UMass lowell before starting up my MSc program with UMass...

So with my statement of account and a study leave letter. From my company will be nice?? Thanks

Please anyone with more advice should throw in cos its needed urgently.... Thanks...
Walspring:

As for me i will advise u to do GRE and Toefl.. After that when you are appearing at the embassy, get a study leave letter from your company so that it can help u to prove strong home tiers

Since u can sponsor yourself, maybe u tell the VO that out of your personal savings, is what u will be use to sponspor yourself and if ur school grant u GA then u can also state that along with it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by OjaP: 10:21pm On Nov 12, 2013
imperiouxx:

Also, a company sponsoring him will attract a big question that needs strong convincing answers.

I need to know what class of degree he graduated with + his GRE scores. Good CGPA and GRE scores should fetch him one form of scholarship or the other from good geological schools, and may end up not paying a dime.

As per self-sponsorship, that is why he is here. He has good people like you to advise him. wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by OjaP: 10:24pm On Nov 12, 2013
davton69: Thanks bro but am not. Going for direct entry to my Msc thou some how expencive but am gonna do a pre masters programe with Navitas UMass lowell before starting up my MSc program with UMass...

So with my statement of account and a study leave letter. From my company will be nice?? Thanks

Please anyone with more advice should throw in cos its needed urgently.... Thanks...

I don't get this. What is direct entry? What is pre-masters? What is your intended major? What is your undergrad GPA? What is your GRE scores?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 10:25pm On Nov 12, 2013
OMOLARAO:

My concern is i hope the fact that am married and my dad is paying for the tuition does not in anyway jeopardize my chance.

Your marriage cant jeopardize your chance cos it shows a strong home tiers and pls go along with your marriage certificate.

Since its ur dad that will sponsor you it wont but all you have to do is to convince the VO why your dad is your sponsor so that it can give u more creditbility and chance.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 10:31pm On Nov 12, 2013
davton69: Thanks bro but am not. Going for direct entry to my Msc thou some how expencive but am gonna do a pre masters programe with Navitas UMass lowell before starting up my MSc program with UMass...

Bro add GRE and TOEFL with your statement of account and study leave letter.

What do u mean that u are not going for direct entry to Msc? Were u given a conditional admission in ur school since u are not writting GRE or TOEFL?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by mandybaby2007: 11:33pm On Nov 12, 2013
OMOLARAO: hello house, good day to you. Am new here but i need your urgent advice.
i was denied a student visa at the lagos office last month, am married but my dad is sponsoring my masters program.
i think this is the major reason i was refused.
i need your advise as i intend going back to the embassy.
is it possible that i was rejected based on my sponsor and marital point cos i believe i nailed all the other questions asked.

Your being married demonstrates home ties, but why your dad is sponsoring you and not ur husband raises very serious eye brow, d vo may not ask ds aloud but wil jst make a prejudiced decision, if ur dad is sponsoring u means ur husband has no say, work on making ur husband ur sponsor even if its ur dads monie, front ur husband as ur sponsor
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by nomso27(m): 11:57pm On Nov 12, 2013
Wow! Congrats to shynepapin101, welcome to the team. grin

Let the good news keep rushing in. cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by flynbird(f): 12:00am On Nov 13, 2013
OjaP:

imperiouxx:

Is Economics a part of STEM ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by mandybaby2007: 12:06am On Nov 13, 2013
davton69: Pls ur advice is needed ...............

If i may ask this your oil servicing company is it a known name? Is it blue chip? If d VO google's it up wil he/she find it? Cos wen i went for my interview i saw d VO checkup one guys acclaimed employer, 2. Why wil ds company spend millions 2sponsor u on pre-msc den msc?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 12:16am On Nov 13, 2013
flynbird:

Nope it is not....

S - Science
T - Technology
E - Engineering
M - Mathematics

Am sure it correct only if am not wrong..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 12:24am On Nov 13, 2013
Walspring:

Nope it is not....

S - Science
T - Technology
E - Engineering
M - Mathematics

I'm afraid you are wrong Sir! There are some social science's courses that are part of STEM. Economics is one
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 12:25am On Nov 13, 2013
flynbird:

Yes ma, it is.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 12:27am On Nov 13, 2013
Amefrica:

I'm afraid you are wrong Sir! There are some social science's courses that's part of STEM. Economics is one

Okay if u say so no probs but i always thought STEM consist of all pure science combination..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by OjaP: 12:35am On Nov 13, 2013
Walspring:

Okay if u say so no probs but i always thought STEM consist of all pure science combination..

It also consists of actuarial sciences which includes Economics. But I think the Nigeria V.Os pay more attention to the pure sciences.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by flynbird(f): 12:37am On Nov 13, 2013
Walspring:

Nope it is not....

S - Science
T - Technology
E - Engineering
M - Mathematics

Amefrica:

I'm afraid you are wrong Sir! There are some social science's courses that are part of STEM. Economics is one
Amefrica:

Yes ma, it is.
Walspring:

Going through Wikipedia I'm seeing these courses listed as STEM:

....[Many organizations in the United States follow the guidelines of the National Science Foundation on what constitutes a STEM field. The NSF uses a broader category to define STEM subjects which includes subjects in the fields of Chemistry, Computer and Information Technology Science, Engineering, Geosciences, Life Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, Physics and Astronomy, Social Sciences (Anthropology, Economics, Psychology and Sociology), and STEM Education and Learning Research].....

And then the same Wikipedia has another link to US immigration's own list of STEM: http://www.ice.gov/doclib/sevis/pdf/stem-list.pdf)

I'm not sure which is current. Who has a link to the correct STEM courses?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 1:02am On Nov 13, 2013
flynbird:

Going through Wikipedia I'm seeing these courses listed as STEM:

....[Many organizations in the United States follow the guidelines of the National Science Foundation on what constitutes a STEM field. The NSF uses a broader category to define STEM subjects which includes subjects in the fields of Chemistry, Computer and Information Technology Science, Engineering, Geosciences, Life Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, Physics and Astronomy, Social Sciences (Anthropology, Economics, Psychology and Sociology), and STEM Education and Learning Research].....

And then the same Wikipedia has another link to US immigration's own list of STEM: http://www.ice.gov/doclib/sevis/pdf/stem-list.pdf)

I'm not sure which is current. Who has a link to the correct STEM courses?

I checked the pdf file and their economics they are refering to is econometric and Quantitative Economics, pharmacoeconomics/pharmaceutical economics but am sure student will still do part of social science economic but it might be in another form just like the way MEAN/ANOVA were thought is Economics statics is different from the way its been thought in Biostatics/Biological statics but all derived and get same answers at the end.

Well maybe that was why they listed it as part of stem course. Its my own guess ooo..!!

Lastly if u check that pdf again at the top, it stated that 2012 revised list: Addtions are in Bold. I think econometric and Quantitative Economics, pharmacoeconomics/pharmaceutical economics were added as STEM courses as at 2012
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 1:11am On Nov 13, 2013
imperiouxx:

Where's my Ms. Nas?? kiss It's freezing here today (-1°C) and it will continue dropping till Jan.

Forget about free google call, let's discuss sweet stuffs kiss
Why are you shouting my name? angry Na now you know say one Ms Nas dey abi? You've jonzed. grin grin

But sincerely, this weather no try at all! I was walking to school this morning, after bundling up like an Onion. I didnt know when my eyes started tearing up and my nose started running badly. The wind can carry person. shocked shocked
I con dey think...."Nas, shebi na you wan come America? Welcome to America oo" cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 1:18am On Nov 13, 2013
Ms Nas:
Why are you shouting my name? angry Na now you know say one Ms Nas dey abi? You've jonzed. grin grin

But sincerely, this weather no try at all! I was walking to school this morning, after bundling up like an Onion. I didnt know when my eyes started tearing up and my nose started running badly. The wind can carry person. shocked shocked
I con dey think...."Nas, shebi na you wan come America? Welcome to America oo" cheesy

This sounds funny oo!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 1:19am On Nov 13, 2013
Walspring:

The time she was out of school doesn't matter. I graduated in 2009 and started my Msc 2013. Her interview was on point. Probably the VO was having a bad day. It wouldn't hurt to go with a study leave letter though.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 1:20am On Nov 13, 2013
Walspring:

This sounds funny oo!!
Lol. Why?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 1:21am On Nov 13, 2013
flynbird:

NO
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 1:35am On Nov 13, 2013
Ms Nas:
Lol. Why?

because you said;

The wind can carry person. shocked shocked
I con dey think...."Nas, shebi na you wan come America? Welcome to America oo"

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (501)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Italian Student Visa-help! / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.