Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,956 members, 7,828,370 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:51 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (59) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (455195 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by shynepapin101: 5:12pm On Nov 12, 2013
I'm off to applying for my GA which I was offered originally.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Chatters(f): 5:14pm On Nov 12, 2013
De Tus: @chatters, again, a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. You may pencil down this school and go for more. In other words, make sure you take the GRE. It is very important. Good luck!

About the GRE issue, they said they are aware that the exam has been suspended in Nigeria hence I should request the testing institution send them a letter that I wasn't able to take the test. House what is your take on this?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Chatters(f): 5:18pm On Nov 12, 2013
dolapobello1:

From what I've heard, Notre-Dame is a top-notch school. I think the issue with the school is that tuition and fees are usually quite high. Try to consider the whole package not just the scholarship they're offering.
Also try to research the rating of the individual program itself and not just the school (since it appears you will be applying for grad admissions).

Congrats Walecrysler.

Yes, I will consider everything before making a decision. That's why I choose to present it before the house. Thanks everyone.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Tochium: 5:23pm On Nov 12, 2013
shynepapin101:

Congrats to me and walecrsyler......were you interviewed by the booth 7 lady....wearing glasses. She interviewed me. I made a killing of the interview got myn by 11.45. Pick up is friday.

@shynepapin101 and Walecrysler

we need full details of your interview experiences.

Congratulations!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by hannahmoyan: 5:35pm On Nov 12, 2013
wow congrats @shynepapin101 and Walecrysler more success stories to come Mon Sha Allahu..

Pls share your experience and let again from it.Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by babsharon(m): 5:46pm On Nov 12, 2013
Walecrsyler: it was just GOD's favor.. Will Post my experience soon.
Congrat bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by babsharon(m): 5:48pm On Nov 12, 2013
shynepapin101: I'm off to applying for my GA which I was offered originally.

Congrat bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by kessyur: 6:13pm On Nov 12, 2013
She leaves in a neighboring state
Walspring:

Dont lie pls and stick to what u said in ur first interview cos everything u said earlier was documented oo...
If i may ask is ur sister living in the state where the skool u applied for is located?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Femicrux: 6:52pm On Nov 12, 2013
Hello guys,

I've been following this thread for a few weeks now. I was preparing for the GRE before the unfortunate closure of all nigerian centres. Anyway, i'm not letting that derail my goal of bagging my master's degree from an American / Canadian University. My question goes thus:
Is a letter of reference from your undergraduate school absolutely compulsory? I mean having to travel back to school to begin re-acquainting myself with lecturers is not that easy.I graduated about 31/2 years ago with a degree in Mecahanical Engineering. Can't i just get a letter or reference from my place of work or from instructors who have tutored me on one professional course or the other?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 7:07pm On Nov 12, 2013
Femicrux: Hello guys,

Can't i just get a letter or reference from my place of work or from instructors who have tutored me on one professional course or the other?

While schools may accept employers (or other sources) as references, I believe the majority of schools accept at least one academic reference. What this means is that you have to get someone to write for you from your school, somehow.
For now, I think what you should do is inform the graduate admissions office of the program you wish to apply to and find out from them directly if they do not require academic recs.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 7:07pm On Nov 12, 2013
Congrats shynepapin!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 7:14pm On Nov 12, 2013
kessyur: She leaves in a neighboring state

Since she lived in a neighboring state that is okay and VO wont think you are intending immigrant assuming she is in the same state your school is located.

Bro just pray for God's unmerited favour in your next interview... All will be well!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Feasible(m): 7:37pm On Nov 12, 2013
My ogas, please how many time can some reschedule visa appointment? Cos I've done that twice already all because my sevis fee payment hasn't reflect. Sirs and Mas shey I still get grace to change my appointment so? Thanks in advance.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Tochium: 8:02pm On Nov 12, 2013
Feasible: My ogas, please how many time can some reschedule visa appointment? Cos I've done that twice already all because my sevis fee payment hasn't reflect. Sirs and Mas shey I still get grace to change my appointment so? Thanks in advance.

You have one more chance to reschedule ur appointment!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by regby: 8:14pm On Nov 12, 2013
Congrats shynepapin101 and Walecrysler! smiley

Please share your experience, so we can learn. Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Feasible(m): 8:24pm On Nov 12, 2013
Tochium:

You have one more chance to reschedule ur appointment!
Thanks bro, so I still have a grace before my visa fee can be suspended abi?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 8:31pm On Nov 12, 2013
Ms Nas:
You na Akagum na. angry

Oya tell me how to use Google free call grin

Where's my Ms. Nas?? kiss It's freezing here today (-1°C) and it will continue dropping till Jan.

Forget about free google call, let's discuss sweet stuffs kiss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 8:33pm On Nov 12, 2013
lisadem:

Oya explain o... grin Google+ to any telephone service provider abi.

lols. I don't know it's now Google+
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 8:35pm On Nov 12, 2013
Walspring:

Bro, are u talking about google voice as google free call?

Wetin I sabi? cry cry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by OMOLARAO: 8:41pm On Nov 12, 2013
hello house, good day to you. Am new here but i need your urgent advice.
i was denied a student visa at the lagos office last month, am married but my dad is sponsoring my masters program.
i think this is the major reason i was refused.
i need your advise as i intend going back to the embassy.
is it possible that i was rejected based on my sponsor and marital point cos i believe i nailed all the other questions asked.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 8:42pm On Nov 12, 2013
@Walecrysler and shynepapin101,

Cheers guys!

shynepapin101, is that a new course? undecided
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 8:47pm On Nov 12, 2013
OMOLARAO: hello house, good day to you. Am new here but i need your urgent advice.
i was denied a student visa at the lagos office last month, am married but my dad is sponsoring my masters program.
i think this is the major reason i was refused.
i need your advise as i intend going back to the embassy.
is it possible that i was rejected based on my sponsor and marital point cos i believe i nailed all the other questions asked.

If i may ask do u write toefl or gre before u went for ur interview cos marital status is one of the key way to prove home tiers.

Can you just write how you were first interviewed and that will help us to point out the errors there...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 8:49pm On Nov 12, 2013
imperiouxx:

Wetin I sabi? cry cry

lol.. Hmmmmm
bro u dey put me be that oo...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Ashigolo(m): 8:51pm On Nov 12, 2013
This is to say a very big congratulations to those whose visas have been approved. I wish u all success in your various academic careers and Mo Shaa Allah, we shall have more success stories. And for we 2014 applicants, I wish we all best of luck in our applications.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 9:19pm On Nov 12, 2013
Wow wat a great forum...

I worked with an oil servicing company in Lagos during that time I applied for OTC conference in the US which I wanted to sponsor myself but its quit unfortunate that I was denied. The visa, Reason: no strong ties in Nigeria also am single.....

Now I left the company to another due to some personal reasons, thou where I am now pay less but I have peace of mind...

My issue is this, am applying for my masters program in the US and personally I can sponsor myself cos apart from my salary I still own a company that do handle some projects. (There is enough fund) but I want to seek for the advice. Of the house pls... Should I apply for my student visa as a self sponsor or do I get a sponsorship letter from my company stating that they will sponsor my program even thou we know am gonna sponsor myself....

What's the best way to apply and get my visa approved??

Thanks

Awaits ur response ....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by shynepapin101: 9:21pm On Nov 12, 2013
Amefrica: Congrats shynepapin!

Amefrica, thanks bro....as someone who do dis runs for ppl for stipend. I decided to show them dat wheneva they got denied they actually caused it themselves as they didn't stick to what I told them.

Like I, pls don't think otherwise, think about it, fall '14 isn't far off.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by OMOLARAO: 9:22pm On Nov 12, 2013
Walspring:

If i may ask do u write toefl or gre before u went for ur interview cos marital status is one of the key way to prove home tiers.

Can you just write how you were first interviewed and that will help us to point out the errors there...

VO: why murray
me:because of the school commitment to excellence, for the past 23 yrs they've been ranked among the top university in the southern part of the country,student to lecturer ratio of 14:1,the schools mba program is well structured which will help me achieve my academic goals.
vo:did u write gre
me: yes
vo: what was your score
me: verbal 155,quat 154, analytical 3.0
vo: how many school did u apply to?
me: murray,uni of texas elpaso, indiana state uni, troy uni
vo: how many gave you admission
me:murray and univ of texas elpaso
vo: when did u graduate
me:2008
what did u earn in your undergraduate degree
me: lower credit ( i tot she was asking for my scores) she asked again and i told her bachelor of science in accounting.
vo:what have u been doing up till now?
me: An auditor in my dads company.
vo: who is paying?
me: my dad
vo: how many employee does your dad company has
me: about 93
vo:are you married
me: yes
vo:how old are u?
me:30

and that was all....
though am currently a graduate student of lautech but didnt tell her that.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by shynepapin101: 9:28pm On Nov 12, 2013
imperiouxx: @Walecrysler and shynepapin101,

Cheers guys!

shynepapin101, is that a new course? undecided

Imperioux....I'm heading towards michigan if u r in minnesota lyk mst of our ppl here, onme day I go cum see u.

The new course u said, I dnt get, did u min my GA. Bro, dis is wat I do 4 a living ooo, so I package my admission wella, dem no fit resist them offer me every, jst to make sure I dnt go elsewhere.

Thx bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by shynepapin101: 9:33pm On Nov 12, 2013
regby: Congrats shynepapin101 and Walecrysler! smiley

Please share your experience, so we can learn. Thank you.

I would when I have my fone fixed, because amefrica can testify as I have nt pinged him since. I've bin using sum1's fone to check.

Thx pals.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 9:34pm On Nov 12, 2013
shynepapin101:

Amefrica, thanks bro....as someone who do dis runs for ppl for stipend. I decided to show them dat wheneva they got denied they actually caused it themselves as they didn't stick to what I told them.

Like I, pls don't think otherwise, think about it, fall '14 isn't far off.

Bro we are still expecting ur visa interview experince ooo...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by shynepapin101: 9:38pm On Nov 12, 2013
babsharon:

Congrat bro

Thx bro, hannahmoyan and others, I'll be sharing the experience soon.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 9:44pm On Nov 12, 2013
davton69: Wow wat a great forum...

I worked with an oil servicing company in Lagos during that time I applied for OTC conference in the US which I wanted to sponsor myself but its quit unfortunate that I was denied. The visa, Reason: no strong ties in Nigeria also am single.....

Now I left the company to another due to some personal reasons, thou where I am now pay less but I have peace of mind...

My issue is this, am applying for my masters program in the US and personally I can sponsor myself cos apart from my salary I still own a company that do handle some projects. (There is enough fund) but I want to seek for the advice. Of the house pls... Should I apply for my student visa as a self sponsor or do I get a sponsorship letter from my company stating that they will sponsor my program even thou we know am gonna sponsor myself....

What's the best way to apply and get my visa approved??

Thanks

Awaits ur response ....

As for me i will advise u to do GRE and Toefl.. After that when you are appearing at the embassy, get a study leave letter from your company so that it can help u to prove strong home tiers

Since u can sponsor yourself, maybe u tell the VO that out of your personal savings, is what u will be use to sponspor yourself and if ur school grant u GA then u can also state that along with it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (501)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Italian Student Visa-help! / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.