Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,200 members, 7,835,981 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:38 PM

ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer (37351 Views)

‘FG Owes Construction Industry Over N600 Billion’ / N600 Billion Census Budget Outrageous / Jonathan Approves N600 Billion For Demographic Database – NPC Chairman. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by Datruggedman: 10:49am On Oct 18, 2013
vislabraye: Let them accept this offer first and wait for subsequent ones. What about polys and oda colleague of education ?
The amt is considerable. 1.5tr naira can't be paid @ once.
And without u knwing that if the union dares touch dat part payment,dat would b d final ,coz the FG WONT TURN THEIR FACE AT ASUU AGAIN,SO D MAIN TIN THERE IS D FULL IMPLEMENTATION
Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by Nobody: 10:50am On Oct 18, 2013
Ayomax: with this news i can confirm ASUU are fighting for their own selfish interest n not da students. a whole semester wasted
You sound like the type of student that bribes lecturers to pass courses, because I don't see the correlation between your tosh and the issue being addressed. If you cannot comprehend, can you not call somebody who can to explain the finer points to you?

1 Like

Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by EddieDantez(m): 10:51am On Oct 18, 2013
ASUU Ohhhhhhhhh abeg nau!!!!!!!!
Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by Sonville(m): 10:51am On Oct 18, 2013
ASUU common we are tired of staying @ home...atleast think about the students...so sad
Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by vizkiz: 10:52am On Oct 18, 2013
Dear God! Pls dnt let ASUU resume dis year aqain cuz i reali wnt2 make enouqh cash out of dis job m doinq...so i'll b able to by d plasma Tv and d hover i'v been dreaminq about,i also wnt2 qt dt Q10 b4 december 25th...thk u Lord 4 answerinq my prayers

1 Like

Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by Nobody: 10:53am On Oct 18, 2013
igbeke: and some pple will come and blame GEJ for saying ASUU strike is political.
If ASUU members really have their wards in these unis, do u tink dey will remain.adamant? it shows dey really dont give a damn.
1. Everything is political. Maybe, you need to find out the meaning of political.
2. In the same vein, would Jona handle the schools with such levity if he had children studying in them?
3. If they don't give a damn, then they definitely learnt that from the C-in-C?!

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by Skmoda360(m): 10:54am On Oct 18, 2013
Burger01: An agreement is an agreement.. govt should fulfil and deliver.

sad
130 billion naira nt 600 billion naira.
Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by Odukes(m): 10:56am On Oct 18, 2013
ASUU should not call off the strike until all their demand are met. Why should Jonathan not pay them and meet other of thier demands, when one of his cabinet member can buy just 2 cars for close to N300m for her personal use.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by vislabraye(m): 10:56am On Oct 18, 2013
Datruggedman: And without u knwing that if the union dares touch dat part payment,dat would b d final ,coz the FG WONT TURN THEIR FACE AT ASUU AGAIN,SO D MAIN TIN THERE IS D FULL IMPLEMENTATION

ASUU has intellectuals and lawyers amongst them. There's a way they can come to a compromise. Its as if the students are being held hostage.
Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by ojredfined: 10:56am On Oct 18, 2013
embarassed embarassed embarassed i don tire oo
Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by don401(m): 10:56am On Oct 18, 2013
ASUU-FG they plAying with our future. Can ASUU assure us dat dey won't embezzle. If the aggrement is fully implemented. Corruption is a citizen of naija. Strike is neva the solution to tis. ASUU shud wait 4 2014 budget (with an understanding wit d FG is either dey do so on strike or go back to work till 2014) As a nigerian student I felt ASUU is nolonga fighting for our future rather destroying it.
Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by Nobody: 10:58am On Oct 18, 2013
gboss4sure:

What will happen after Government releases all the money and the university's are not transformed, who will you hold responsible? because i know that some of those rectors will steal and sell those state of the art facilities they are asking for.
So because your wife will likely misappropriate funds for running the home, you no go drop money for your children's upkeep? Gboss baba, your head is full of cobwebs.
How about FG makes sure these universities spend every dime as required? Oh, I forgot, they're busy pursuing Amaechi all over the streets of Port Harcourt to actually do their own job. Shior.

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by Henrolla(m): 11:02am On Oct 18, 2013
What i can't understand is why d govt is takin so mch tym 2 release d fund knowin dat it's not evn up 2 d amount spent on our 'useless' legslative members
Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by ajasa4link: 11:02am On Oct 18, 2013
I just hope ASUU sees this strike through. We need to start holding our government to their promises ...I dont just understand why the federal government will sign an agreement after much consultation with the supposed brains and expertss working in the government ,and then wake up one day telling us they can't fulfil the obligations they ought to under the agreement they signed...AT least it's not as if if the money is released it's for the personal benefit of the lecturers, it's for the general good of the Nigerian students.. Believe it or not,it's only ASUU that can stand up to the FG and fight for the future of our universities. NANS is just a toothless bulldog now barking in favour of it's owners; FG and not the students or How do u explain NANS having a president who was rusticated 10years ago and only became a diploma student in OAU just to contest as the president, a post which he now uses to speak in favour of FG.....THE ONLY ISSUE I HAVE WITH THE STRIKE IS,STATE UNIVERSITY OUGHT NOT TO JOIN SINCE FG WILL NOT BE FUNDING STATE SCHOOLS,IT'S STATE GOVERNMENT THAT WILL DO THIS

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by taharqa: 11:02am On Oct 18, 2013
Demdem:

U know they will do something next year. How are u sure? Can u bet ur ballls on these miserable leaders?
Why haven't they implemented it before now.
Get this straight, ur govt can't be trusted.
So it is only when they 'agree' again to release d #400bn from nx year, that you wud 'trust' them abi?? Or, maybe Govt shld release #1.3trillion for ASUU for d sum bw 2012 to 2015 b4 you can 'trust' them? And, they wud get that whole unbudgeted money from yr 'stickingly rich' father of course.... #DAFTEE
Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by gunners160(m): 11:05am On Oct 18, 2013
fresh_dude: You sound like the type of student that bribes lecturers to pass courses, because I don't see the correlation between your tosh and the issue being addressed. If you cannot comprehend, can you not call somebody who can to explain the finer points to you?
sharap d guy is right quote me anywere even if ASUU is given 1 trillion naira dey wont do anything reasonable .d money wuld b embezzled.1st ASUU go chop dhr own vc go chop dhr own even senate nd deans go eat dhr own.contractors etc. Nd at d end students wuld hv 2 leave wit poor infastructure nd b4 u knw it after 6 or 8yrs u hear abt anoda ASUU strike.d only solution 2 dis country is 2 implement china law.eat public money nd b killed or dat person shuld b thrown into rver niger.i red 1 story on nl abt hw unizik present vc behaves like a small god nd i am sure we hv alot of such kind of vc tell me oga sabi sabii na dat kind people wan change dis country educational sector
Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by Nobody: 11:05am On Oct 18, 2013
111th to comment
Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by nasty45(m): 11:06am On Oct 18, 2013
The title is misleading:::::: been a while I've made a comment here,,,,Hello fam
Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by blink6(m): 11:08am On Oct 18, 2013
If I am asked, I will prefer that the government make d full payment. At this time, they cant b trusted. By-the-way, wat been keeping them since 2009 to make d payment? we all know they spend even more on family n friends.
almost all of us got younger ones... if they let us write this exam/go back to skool as most of us want without reaching the agreement made, wat has d future for the leaders of tomorrow(our younger ones) then?
I say let government gv ASUU wat they want now, or, Nigeria will keep recording events of this kind till GOD knows when.
#just saying!!!

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by Nobody: 11:08am On Oct 18, 2013
vizkiz: Dear God! Pls dnt let ASUU resume dis year aqain cuz i reali wnt2 make enouqh cash out of dis job m doinq...so i'll b able to by d plasma Tv and d hover i'v been dreaminq about,i also wnt2 qt dt Q10 b4 december 25th...thk u Lord 4 answerinq my prayers

And my prayer for u is that God shld pls give you a brain.
Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by ellee(m): 11:09am On Oct 18, 2013
Shey ASUU dey madt ni embarassed
Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by pmc01(m): 11:09am On Oct 18, 2013
How does this change the fact that Stella Oduah's BMW cars can go a long way in accelerating the resolution of this impasse?
Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by livingstoneony(m): 11:10am On Oct 18, 2013
Datruggedman: if dey reject the money bring it to me,diaz nothing like reject in my dictionary in terms of money
make dem just gimmme #2billion I go leave d school for dem self.
Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by almondinte: 11:11am On Oct 18, 2013
ASUU should stand on her decision. Let our universities come up. If FG eventually meet their demands then FG should set up a no nonsense committee to check the activities of the lecturers because a lot of them are unbaked. Unbaked and corrupt lecturers should be flush out of the universities
Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by SaintChukz(m): 11:12am On Oct 18, 2013
Gee001: Strike continues and ends only God knows when. Dear God, pls do something. I pirry una o. So happy my school isn't on strike, the era of strike is over#teamRSUST
When the aim of this strike action is eventually fulfilled, then you will see how your school has been left behind.
Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by amiable4real: 11:15am On Oct 18, 2013
I think it is high time we call ASUU to order. Enough is enough of this nonsense. Why should they hold the country into ransom. If the Government is shifting base, why can't ASUU too shift position, to resolve the matter amicably,or is ASUU waiting for the Nigeria students to go on the streets in the name of protest and cause more havoc. If it starts believe me, the country will be hot. Somebody should talk now, the students are already losing their patience. A word is enough for the wise.
Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by nikky341: 11:16am On Oct 18, 2013
Smooyis: Is it really that Nigeria is broke and we do not have enough money to invest in our educational sector, or is it sheer apathy on the side of the government to the plight of University students and their lecturers, going by the decay in the sector? Relationships are built on trust. ASUU seems to be saying. Once beaten, twice shy.
That's exactly why I can't blame them

1 Like

Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by Dearmer23(f): 11:16am On Oct 18, 2013
U guys ar just talking abt ASSU only what abt ASSUP nw dat has consolidated wt ASSU in dis on-going strikr nw.... Am tired of staying at hm dey should beta do sumtin over it (FG)
Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by Nobody: 11:17am On Oct 18, 2013
ASUU una be bastard fa!!!
Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by SaintChukz(m): 11:18am On Oct 18, 2013
gunners160: sharap d guy is right quote me anywere even if ASUU is given 1 trillion naira dey wont do anything reasonable .d money wuld b embezzled.1st ASUU go chop dhr own vc go chop dhr own even senate nd deans go eat dhr own.contractors etc. Nd at d end students wuld hv 2 leave wit poor infastructure nd b4 u knw it after 6 or 8yrs u hear abt anoda ASUU strike.d only solution 2 dis country is 2 implement china law.eat public money nd b killed or dat person shuld b thrown into rver niger.i red 1 story on nl abt hw unizik present vc behaves like a small god nd i am sure we hv alot of such kind of vc tell me oga sabi sabii na dat kind people wan change dis country educational sector
You lack common sense. At least let me put some in your skull. Take ****** ! you can go now and begin to reason like someone with a thought process.
Re: ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer by SaintChukz(m): 11:20am On Oct 18, 2013
Olekumaster: ASUU una be bastard fa!!!
They are the same bastards that will eventually teach you. By this i guess you already know your fate.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Jonathan Probe: $12 Billion Traced To USA, $3 Billion Loot Hidden In China / Tambuwal Resigns; Makinde Takes Over As PDP Governors’ Forum Chairman / 10 Groups Of People Enjoying The Tinubu Administration Right Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.