Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,216 members, 7,818,730 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife (13246 Views)

Only The Ooni Of Ife Can Inherit The Late Ooni’s Widows Says Tradition(pictures) / Obi Of Onitsha Ofala Festival 2015- PHOTOS / Photos:Emir Of Kano Visits Alaafin Of Oyo,sanusi Bows ToGreet Oba Lamidi Adeyemi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by nduchucks: 10:25pm On Oct 18, 2013
What is wrong with these nyamiris and Dan berebes on NL always on each other's throats? Now lets see if you people can cooperate and attack me together for calling you names.

It is your lack of cooperation which fuels ONE NIGERIA. olodos cheesy

One would hope the senses of humour of the mods are not dead
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by Midastouch1: 10:25pm On Oct 18, 2013
nnenna.1:
Therein lies the kicker.

Were majority of the coup plotters Igbo, if this thread is any indication? smiley

Now be a dear and address my first question before jumping the gun.

I will advise you to go and read my earlier post to Mummy Osisi before you think you are smart.

Actually I will paste it below for your perusal:

Coming here to give examples of young soldiers who were used and dumped by Ibo politicians to murder Nigerian politicians does not help your case, in fact it strengthens the fact that the majority of SS people do not consider themselves ibo.

Victor Adebukunola Banjo fought on the Biafran side of the civil war till he was murdered by Ojukwu in a market square in alaibo. Professor Oluwole Omo-Soyinka whom ibos now refer to as the old mad Professor fought bitterly to protect the interests of the Biafran cause. So please your reference to Ifejuana and Nzeogwu is immaterial in this discussion.

2 Likes

Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by Ngodigha1(m): 10:30pm On Oct 18, 2013
Tuntheycr7:
They are not igbos
Frm Umunende, Igbodo, Agbor, Issele Uku, Owa Oyibo and Abavo etc dey all speak Ika language and not Ibo
Must you comment on an issue you do not know or are you just displaying stupidity here before forumites?.
So you are telling forumites that my self that comes from the area you mentioned here do not speak Igbo. Where is the brain in your post?
Why not tell nairalanders that from Lagelu, Oluyole, Egbeda, Idi Ayunre, Moniya to Eruwa do not speak Yoruba but Ibadan.
Even Isselu Uku you mentioned here is not even in Ika.
Nairaland continues to go down because of uninformed dudes like you. What a shame.
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by Ngodigha1(m): 10:32pm On Oct 18, 2013
ndu_chucks: What is wrong with these nyamiris and Dan berebes on NL always on each other's throats? Now lets see if you people can cooperate and attack me together for calling you names.

It is your lack of cooperation which fuels ONE NIGERIA. olodos cheesy

One would hope the senses of humour of the mods are not dead
Thanks Chuks. Everyday one bigoted yoruba must start a silly thread that will tend to make a mockery of Igbos. The poster is a well known bigot.
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by dayokanu(m): 10:36pm On Oct 18, 2013
nnenna.1:
Therein lies the kicker.

Were majority of the coup plotters Igbo, if this thread is any indication? smiley

Now be a dear and address my first question before jumping the gun.

Yes. Ifeanjuna, Onwuatuegwu, Okafor, Anuforo were Ibos

The majority of them were Ibos and their victims were majorly non Ibos

1 Like

Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by remarkD(m): 10:40pm On Oct 18, 2013
Awakullowo: Everywhere they go, they are rejected. They are misfit anywhere you see them, even the people of Igbodo in Ika North East Local Government Area of Delta State rejected their daughter. It sucks to be ibo!

2 Likes

Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by Nobody: 10:41pm On Oct 18, 2013
donphilopus: Ogbemudia's home town is also an Igbo speaking community in Edo state.. You can read more about that here en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Igbanke
So there is an Igbo speaking community in Edo State? Hmmm.... I have learned one today! grin

1 Like

Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by Ngodigha1(m): 10:42pm On Oct 18, 2013
babyosisi: He is an Obi

His name is Obi Nkeobikwu Osadume
Of Igbodo Kingdom

The traditional Prime Minister of Igbodo Kingdom is Dr Ifeanyi Unomah,

The president general of IDU worldwide is Chief Peterson Ozili-Chiemeke

A member of the Obi-in-Council, Chief Gilbert Nwaije

And they are not Igbo
Bwahahahahahaha
Don't mind the bigots here.
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by donphilopus: 10:43pm On Oct 18, 2013
berem: So there is an Igbo speaking community in Edo State? Hmmm.... I have learned one today! grin
They should be up to 3 or so
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by Midastouch1: 10:45pm On Oct 18, 2013
Ngodigha1:
Don't mind the bigots here.

And yet the people of his kingdom think it is an aberration for the "Obi" to marry an Ibo woman?

Please wallow in your ignorance if it helps you sleep at night

2 Likes

Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by Nobody: 10:46pm On Oct 18, 2013
donphilopus: They should be up to 3 or so
wow! Do they deny their Igbo heritage too? What are the names of the community?
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by Ngodigha1(m): 10:46pm On Oct 18, 2013
berem: So there is an Igbo speaking community in Edo State? Hmmm.... I have learned one today! grin
Please stop misleading the public on an issue you don't know. You mentioned Ekwuoma and other Ika towns earlier as people who don't see themselves as Igbo without knowing that their Obis are are devoted members of Ohanaeze ndi Igbo. The same Ekwuoma is where a proud Igbo man in this forum called Omonuaan hails from and the chap has done a lot in promoting Igbo culture. Please do not offend them with your posts.
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by Ngodigha1(m): 10:48pm On Oct 18, 2013
Midastouch1:

And yet the people of his kingdom think it is an aberration for the "Obi" to marry an Ibo woman?

Please wallow in your ignorance if it helps you sleeps at night
Quit chatting bullshit here poor boy, it's not about marrying Igbo but marrying any one outside Igbodo. Grow some brains biko.
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by Nobody: 10:50pm On Oct 18, 2013
@MidasTouch1,

Who were these core "Igbo politicians" who used these coup plotters to orchestrate the coup, and later dumped them?

Please list names and concrete historical facts to back up your response.

smiley
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by Ngokafor(f): 10:53pm On Oct 18, 2013
Ngodigha1:
Quit chatting bullshit here poor boy, it's not about marrying Igbo but marrying any one outside Igbodo. Grow some brains biko.

...you and nnenna really have time to engage these misfits..
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by dayokanu(m): 10:54pm On Oct 18, 2013
nnenna.1:
@MidasTouch1,

Who were these core "Igbo politicians" who used these coup plotters to orchestrate the coup, and later dumped them?

Please list names and concrete historical facts to back up your response.

smiley

Azikwe, Okpara were examples of Ibo leaders who were believed had prior knowledge of the coup

Azikwe left the country for a "Checkup" and refused to come back that even his doctor came back after he couldnt understand Azikwes insistent to stay out any longer

Okpara, Few Hours after the coup Okpara was hosting Ifeajuna and helped arrange his escape to Ghana

1 Like

Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by sonya4all(m): 10:54pm On Oct 18, 2013
@ berem. point of correction. igbanke. ota. and some areas in edo state are ika speaking areas and not igbo speaking as claimed by the land grabbing igbo propagandist. never rely on Wikipedia as a credible source of information. thanks.
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by remarkD(m): 10:56pm On Oct 18, 2013
... She becomes the 2nd wife, is my guess; unless the man does nnot want the two women living in the same house with him/a.k.a he doesn't wanna have 2 wifes.

(Funny/interesting thing is: the Bible/Christianity does not stipulate monogamy for men.... esp. traditional rulers....
berem: Going through the real story,marrying a foreigner is against the customs of the Igbodo people. The king is to marry a native of Igbodo as his first wife then he can have other wives from other ethnic groups if he so wishes. If it is their custom,so it be,but for the King to go against such law is wickedness and stoopid! What now becomes of the first wife? cry
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by OneNaira6: 10:59pm On Oct 18, 2013
Ngokafor:

...you and nnenna really have time to engage these misfits..

My sentiments exactly. Especially engaging the midas whatever dude. The ignorance of the guy is out of the world and una stay there communicating with him. Wow
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by Nobody: 10:59pm On Oct 18, 2013
dayokanu:

Actually If you want to get technical, Ifeajuna was also Anioma.

Also you did not provide the complete list of high-level coup plotters. If those were the only Igbos, as you put it, then the supposed core Igbos were just as guilty as the Yorubas (who were spared the wrath of the aftermath).

And my first question still stands.
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by Nobody: 11:00pm On Oct 18, 2013
sonya4all: @ berem. point of correction. igbanke. ota. and some areas in edo state are ika speaking areas and not igbo speaking as claimed by the land grabbing igbo propagandist. never rely on Wikipedia as a credible source of information. thanks.
thanks for the clarification. cool
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by OneNaira6: 11:00pm On Oct 18, 2013
dayokanu:

You just contradicted your brother. Lmfaoo.
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by Ngodigha1(m): 11:01pm On Oct 18, 2013
sonya4all: @ berem. point of correction. igbanke. ota. and some areas in edo state are ika speaking areas and not igbo speaking as claimed by the land grabbing igbo propagandist. never rely on Wikipedia as a credible source of information. thanks.
Forget this your blind argument here lil boy. The Edos who are in the same state know them as Igbos and they see themselves as Igbos of Ika clan.
Go and convince Edos that they are Ikas only and not Igbos first before spilling rubbish in this thread.
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by donphilopus: 11:02pm On Oct 18, 2013
berem: wow! Do they deny their Igbo heritage too? What are the names of the community?
Why would they not deny it??
Anyways check this out www.igbodefender.com/blog/2012/09/17/igbo-parts-of-edo-state/
to them they are Igbo speaking areas but to us they are Ika speaking areas

1 Like

Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by Nobody: 11:02pm On Oct 18, 2013
No, please respond with concrete facts and not heresay or "belief."

Else I can also go on a limb and say that Awolowo tried to plot the first coup in Nigeria but was averted by being imprisoned.

dayokanu:

Azikwe, Okpara were examples of Ibo leaders who were believed had prior knowledge of the coup

Azikwe left the country for a "Checkup" and refused to come back that even his doctor came back after he couldnt understand Azikwes insistent to stay out any longer

Okpara, Few Hours after the coup Okpara was hosting Ifeajuna and helped arrange his escape to Ghana
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by Ngodigha1(m): 11:03pm On Oct 18, 2013
berem: thanks for the clarification. cool
Please stop thanking the hater with his idiotic clarification. The chap is an Ika who doesn't see himself as Igbo but you must not because of him think others from that clan are like him.
I don't seem to believe that you are just joking here.
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by OneNaira6: 11:04pm On Oct 18, 2013
remark D: ... She becomes the 2nd wife, is my guess; unless the man does nnot want the two women living in the same house with him/a.k.a he doesn't wanna have 2 wifes.

(Funny/interesting thing is: the Bible/Christianity does not stipulate monogamy for men.... esp. traditional rulers....

I still think the guy is a coward for letting his people bully him. I doubt the Ebonyi lady would still stay with him, if she does then that lady is the most idiotic woman.
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by donphilopus: 11:06pm On Oct 18, 2013
Ngodigha1:
Please stop thanking the hater with his idiotic clarification. The chap is an Ika who doesn't see himself as Igbo but you must not because of him think others from that clan are like him.
I don't seem to believe that you are just joking here.
Ika is not Igbo, they've denied you.. Stop begging them
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by Nobody: 11:06pm On Oct 18, 2013
Ngodigha1:
Please stop misleading the public on an issue you don't know. You mentioned Ekwuoma and other Ika towns earlier as people who don't see themselves as Igbo without knowing that their Obis are are devoted members of Ohanaeze ndi Igbo. The same Ekwuoma is where a proud Igbo man in this forum called Omonuaan hails from and the chap has done a lot in promoting Igbo culture. Please do not offend them with your posts.
How do you know their Obis are part of the Ohanaeze ndi igbo? Why don't you provide a list of the Obis and their communities that make up the Ohanaeze ndi Igbo? There are so many delta igbos claiming they are not Igbos on this forum.what do you say about that?
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by dayokanu(m): 11:06pm On Oct 18, 2013
nnenna.1:

Actually If you want to get technical, Ifeajuna was also Anioma.

Also you did not provide the complete list of high-level coup plotters. If those were the only Igbos, as you put it, then the supposed core Igbos were just as guilty as the Yorubas (who were spared the wrath of the aftermath).

And my first question still stands.

The majority of the attackers were Ibos and majority of the victims were non Ibos

What do you disagree with in that
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by dayokanu(m): 11:08pm On Oct 18, 2013
nnenna.1:
No, please respond with concrete facts and not heresay or "belief."

Else I can also go on a limb and say that Awolowo tried to plot the first coup in Nigeria but was averted by being imprisoned.

Which one do you want me to prove?

That Azikwe was out of the country on a "medical check up" or that Okpara entertained Ifeajuna hours after killing Balewa and co?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Yoruba People Please I Need The Lords Prayer Translated: Ejo E Ronmilowo / Emir Sanusi Sacks 2 Traditional Rulers In Kano / Yoruba People And Greetings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.