Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:56 PM

Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! (109618 Views)

Memorable Stories From English Secondary School Textbooks!!!! / Sad Stories From A Depressed Writer / Dele Momodu’s Photo Album And Other Stories From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by vivaciousvivi(f): 7:19pm On Oct 20, 2013
HerexG :
I remembered then when we having reading in class my heart always beat due to fear of chopping cain

Our auntie (Teacher) will then call out everybody one after the other in front of the class to read but then i was proper olodo, couldn't read. I was made a scapegoat until primary 4 when i learnt how to read by fire by force. What an experience

I love "Ifieanyi and Obi".

Ahhh! Ifeanyi and Obi! Was definately my fave literature book! I read that book die! Also liked Twilight and the tortise and all Enid Blyton books.
For the Macmillian seris, Agbo was my fave character. I so wanted my dad to get me a wristwatch just like his.
Do u guys recall the exercises after each chapter? cheesy
They don't make 'em like they used to anymore.
What grand memories!!!
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by babyBB: 7:19pm On Oct 20, 2013
Afunkybaby: this brings back a lot of memories, i smiled when i open this thread, remember solomon grandy, born on monday, lolz, and this one please who can start this song for me, i have forgotten part of the song, ................. They planted a mango seed over her head, uhm ha over her head, the mango grew ripe, uhm ha ready to drop, ready to drop, lolz, what about ade our naughty little brother who wanted to be superman, the lost boy e.t.c
its, old rogger is death and gone to his grave, hmm ha gone to his grave
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by kemmy16: 7:20pm On Oct 20, 2013
i remember Ali and the angels.

1 Like

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by searay(m): 7:21pm On Oct 20, 2013
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by drdams: 7:21pm On Oct 20, 2013
1. Agbo lives in the town of Lagoon, which is not far from Ibadan, he went to primary school, he was in primary 4.

2. Malam Gandoki's Story.
3. Alibaba and the 40 thieves
4. There is an Old woman , who lives in the Shoe, she has so many children, she dont know what to do.
5. All d stories in Intensive English where superb also (na Project dem dey read now)

1 Like

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Osarieme415(m): 7:21pm On Oct 20, 2013
tchidi: Yep!! This chicken gave me sleepless night!! angry angry angry
Nope. This is the picture about the man who brought chicken on xmas day. Twas nice for u to upload it tho
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:22pm On Oct 20, 2013
Who remembers the story of the two friends who had an encounter with a boar in the bush. The tall one climbed a tree while the fat one who could not climb feigned dead, when he remembered a story that boars don't eat dead people.

11 Likes

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by ogod: 7:23pm On Oct 20, 2013
Ops! I read Amadu lives in Markudi beside the River Benue. He has a sister called Jumai........

2 Likes

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by unmask: 7:25pm On Oct 20, 2013
Orlando Owoh: Who remembers the story of the two friends who had an encounter with a boar in the bush. The tall one climbed a tree while the fat one who could not climb feigned dead, when he remembered a story that boars don't eat dead people.
lol...... remember that story.

1 Like

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Nobody: 7:25pm On Oct 20, 2013
This is Ali, Ali is a boy
This is Simbi, Simbi is a girl

Wetin dem be before grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by NaLaugh: 7:27pm On Oct 20, 2013
Haha. Anyone remember Erugo from "without a silver spoon"?

1 Like

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by alolatee(m): 7:27pm On Oct 20, 2013
[quote author=Samsantos9]
[b][color=#550000]Lol I remember the one of Agbo from Lagoon Gbenga was his best friend he woke up late that morning and then he fell sick that day. Read that book around 2003 or 2004.i remember tinka and konky.rufus who took his mum's biscuits and there was rain and he was wet.also gandoki.U see that we were ur seniors.

1 Like

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by pretta: 7:29pm On Oct 20, 2013
as for me, i so much like " Edet lives in Calabar, he is 8yrs old. his father is a farmer, he grows yam, cassava corn and groundnut".

3 Likes

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by barrysome001: 7:31pm On Oct 20, 2013
come and buy my rice,
come and buy my beans...,Edet in Calabar,Ralia the sugar girl,Idris Aloma and Gandoki the warriors amidst a host of plenty
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by emcemayo: 7:31pm On Oct 20, 2013
mr nwosu has 2 daughters and fours sons, they are preparing for christmas.......macmillian book 2
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by iknopro(m): 7:33pm On Oct 20, 2013
Nonso23: Edet in calabar pry 2. Wakama (i hope i got the spelling right) and emeka who were athletes in their school pry4.
I can't help but remember Audu (pry1) who wanted to get a bush rat he forgot in their farm; late in the night when he and his father were halfway home already. Mehn that part where he saw the old man with a load who called him for help was our CLASSIC HORROR STORY then in school...
*The good old days*

Oboy na true, that particular story is the most thrilling of it all, can't forget that I had a bad dream then cos of that.
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by babadem2much(m): 7:36pm On Oct 20, 2013
oh back in days, but seems no one attends my school, mine was oxford pry 4. Amadu lives makurdi besides the river benue he have sister called jummai, oboy i chop Cain die but i kramm all 4 ma head. God bless u op n Mr seun u 2much joor, all other mods poko!!

1 Like

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by vivaciousvivi(f): 7:38pm On Oct 20, 2013
Na Laugh: Haha. Anyone remember Erugo from "without a silver spoon"?

Erugo the theif! He stole Teacher steve's N1 or N10 I can't really remember. Used most of the money to buy akara!!! Lol.
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Nobody: 7:38pm On Oct 20, 2013
Agbo Maliaka lives in a town of Lagoon which is not far from Ibadan. Agbo is a lucky because his parest bought him a wrist watch for his birthday.
One day Agbo woke up late he looked at his wrist watch it was 7:30am, he could be late for school. Agbo is your watch broken, no my watch is working fine but I woke up late. Don't worry I will take you to the school in my car, shouted Agbo happily. grin grin grin
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Nobody: 7:40pm On Oct 20, 2013
Mr Alabi & his Foolish White Goat

2 Likes

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Nobody: 7:42pm On Oct 20, 2013
Orlando Owoh: Who remembers the story of the two friends who had an encounter with a boar in the bush. The tall one climbed a tree while the fat one who could not climb feigned dead, when he remembered a story that boars don't eat dead people.

Bro Salute Ur head burn kpuff kpuff..
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Rubyventures: 7:42pm On Oct 20, 2013

"What did the boar say to you? " asked his friend, and his response was "a friend in need, is a friend in deed."
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by vanhelsing2099(m): 7:43pm On Oct 20, 2013
Modulle 4 lesson 1

Mr sada

Mr sada is a farmer,he lives in sapele. He as a big farm,he grows yam cassava,corn and groundnut. Can you see his oranges and pineapple.. Mr sada works hard,

On sunday he does not work,he goes to church. Can you see the church in d picture?

Wakama,edet, agbo ,ali,simbi, mr n mrs malaika, mr okoro, omo, mr bassey ,etc

1 Like

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by dallyemmy: 7:43pm On Oct 20, 2013
Does anyone remember Konky and Tinka?

2 Likes

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by DollyParton1(f): 7:47pm On Oct 20, 2013
Samsantos9:
Lol I remember the one of Agbo from Lagoon Gbenga was his best friend he woke up late that morning and then he fell sick that day. Read that book around 2003 or 2004.

Wow!!! How old are u?

1 Like

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by U235weapongrade: 7:47pm On Oct 20, 2013
Archive.

Module one - Back to school
It was the first day of the school year. Emeka and his friends Wakama and Kunle were walking to school.Emeka was trying to read his book as usual.Kunle and Wakama were in front of him.

Gandoki...

3 Likes

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by crisycent: 7:47pm On Oct 20, 2013
Olu came from a poor home. One big bros in my class then used to say: Olu came from a bore hole. hahahahahaha. I even see the guy few days ago, he no go school. Na olu mess him carrier up cos he was d laughing stock then but during break na him be baba for field wen we dey catch ATETE grin grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Nobody: 7:48pm On Oct 20, 2013
Old Roger is dead and gone to his grave.um ahh gone to his grave
They planted a mango tree over his head, um ahh over his head
The mango grew up and ready to drop, um ahh ready to drop
There came a mighty wind that blew them all off,um ahh blew them all off
There came an old woman to pick them all,um ahh pick them all up
Old Roger got and gave her a knock, um ahh gave her a knock
This made the old woman to hipatty up, um ahh hipatty up.

Modified. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by spectator2001: 7:49pm On Oct 20, 2013
Madam speaker: Mr Sada is a farmer...he lives in Sapele...he has a big farm...he grows yams,cassava.....#i jst dnt know y dis passage wnt leave my head#
Loool. Same here! I later met a family friend Professor Sada from Delta State who later became a Vice chancellor of a university. Whenever I see him I'd start "singing" Mr Sada is a farmer, he is now a professor he no longer live in Sapele but Abraka, he has a big Office. LOOOOL. The prof died recently tho. May his soul R.I.P. Professor Pius Sada is d full name. U can google him.
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by SPSpecial(m): 7:49pm On Oct 20, 2013
Edet lives in calabar, he is eight years old. Mr Salami,,,,, Mr Nwosu,,,,,, Mr Bassey.
Dere is one we turn to song....... come and buy my rice.... come and buy my beans et al
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by Nobody: 7:50pm On Oct 20, 2013
crisycent: Olu came from a poor home. One big bros in my class then used to say: Olu came from a bore hole. hahahahahaha. I even see the guy few days ago, he no go school. Na olu mess him carrier up cos he was d laughing stock then but during break na him be baba for field wen we dey catch ATETE grin grin grin grin

Atete grin grin grin
Re: Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! by AKNAPOLEON: 7:50pm On Oct 20, 2013
I remember the warrior song of Ghandoki.
I am Ghandoki the father of garba,
I am Ghandoki the warchief of the muslims,
I live a charmed life,
I live a charmed life.

Does anyone remember the poem " there was an old woman who lived in a shoe"

And "who sat and watched my infant head when sleeping on my cradle bed?"

And the song " All things bright and beautiful"

And the poem "solomon grandy- born on monday"

And then the "famous five" novel series for kids

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Secrets Of the gods / Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) / A Male Child Is More Beneficial Than A Female Child In Nigeria(see Why)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.