Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,660 members, 7,955,393 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:51 AM

5-6 Churches On A Building. Religious House Of Commotion It Is! - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 5-6 Churches On A Building. Religious House Of Commotion It Is! (49742 Views)

Rich Churches, Poor Members / ebola survivor causes commotion in church / Which Is The Most Powerful Spiritual Churches Or Prayer Houses In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5-6 Churches On A Building. Religious House Of Commotion It Is! by skyscraperTM(m): 12:39pm On Oct 20, 2013
ifebosco: just in one building you have 6 different churches and i ask my self ,can´t these churches merge in to one??are they not using thesame bible and preaching thesame christianity?? my opionion"this is a business venture and gullible nigerians will always fall for it,can you imagin if we can change those 6churches to 6 different companies,how many Jobs we can create to our youths¨?free your mind to understand the world we live in.
GOD BLESS YOU!
Re: 5-6 Churches On A Building. Religious House Of Commotion It Is! by sunny3kng(m): 12:41pm On Oct 20, 2013
sкчscrαρεr™:
Hmmmm this is the height of confusion!

Today makes it a month that i've not been to church.

Somebody enlighten me more about "atheism." i'm thinking of becoming an atheist.

1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. (Psalm 14:1)

1 Like

Re: 5-6 Churches On A Building. Religious House Of Commotion It Is! by Nobody: 12:41pm On Oct 20, 2013
carzola: This is the more reason i choose to sit home on sundays.. Christianity is a disgrace to religious bodies.. Christianity is now a scam and a recist religion.. In a nutshell i'd rather be an occult member than be a christain..

Happy been a cultist, hope you will be willing to sacrifice your mother and siblings and people close to you and at the end you will eventually die when your time never reach, no matter how some people are making christianty appear bad but occultism can never be compared with Christianity. If you are a Christian you wll know that Christianity is a way of life and not a building. The bible contains outlines on how to live a christian life so you have no excuse to say you would join occult because your pastor is fake while you have your own bible, is your bible fake too?

3 Likes

Re: 5-6 Churches On A Building. Religious House Of Commotion It Is! by nursedebbie(f): 12:46pm On Oct 20, 2013
I don laugh taya oooooooo ! I know sky memorial plaza at wuse zone 6 abuja I will tk my time to chk d opposit building when next I visit abj ! Hahahahahahahahahahahhahahahha I still d laugh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: 5-6 Churches On A Building. Religious House Of Commotion It Is! by StellaBella(f): 12:48pm On Oct 20, 2013
Respect your canoe conductor self.
link2ok:

u headin for destruction. why dnt u keep ur mouth shut and allow God b d judge! bcoss of like and silly comments u wukd get here on nairaland you destroy ur future. hav u eva seen or read muslimz tak bad abt their religion. no wonder people notice so much delay in dia destiny jst because of curses they brought upon themselz,wuld u die if u had told us d gud newz u haf in d bible todai rather than uploading this. be a preacher of d gud newz,b4 u destroy urself.
Re: 5-6 Churches On A Building. Religious House Of Commotion It Is! by lovett007(f): 12:52pm On Oct 20, 2013
church plaza lol

1 Like

Re: 5-6 Churches On A Building. Religious House Of Commotion It Is! by iyobs7(f): 12:57pm On Oct 20, 2013
dominique: I know this building, its in Abuja right?

wuse
Re: 5-6 Churches On A Building. Religious House Of Commotion It Is! by Nobody: 12:57pm On Oct 20, 2013
Located along Wuse - Berger, Abuja
Re: 5-6 Churches On A Building. Religious House Of Commotion It Is! by dheaven: 1:02pm On Oct 20, 2013
carzola: This is the more reason i choose to sit home on sundays.. Christianity is a disgrace to religious bodies.. Christianity is now a scam and a recist religion.. In a nutshell i'd rather be an occult member than be a christain..
You are a correct guy
Re: 5-6 Churches On A Building. Religious House Of Commotion It Is! by Ferdinandu(m): 1:04pm On Oct 20, 2013
Is there anything wrong in having 5 shops selling the same thing in one Plaza?
Re: 5-6 Churches On A Building. Religious House Of Commotion It Is! by juman(m): 1:05pm On Oct 20, 2013
Another one nigeria problem.

No job for people.
Re: 5-6 Churches On A Building. Religious House Of Commotion It Is! by omon24(m): 1:07pm On Oct 20, 2013
Stylvnero:

Pple should stop paying tithe You want to put God to a debate abi ?? God saw d less privileged b4 he ordered his pple to pay tithe...U remeber the story of a man who wantd to prevent the ark of God 4rm fallin. God struck him dead...pls watch ur mouth dnt put urself in trouble...
Bro with the way men of God take this issue of tithe and offerings this days ehnn, hmmmm, and check the level of their lifestyle , one nid to wisen up. Am not sayin tithing is bad
Re: 5-6 Churches On A Building. Religious House Of Commotion It Is! by omoalaro: 1:08pm On Oct 20, 2013
What is wrong in having six business centers or supermarkets in one building?
Re: 5-6 Churches On A Building. Religious House Of Commotion It Is! by yfo: 1:09pm On Oct 20, 2013
sunny3kng: People please I beg you all, watch what you all say. If you like it or not, those places are the houses of God. Who has appointed you guys to judge ? Isn't it more wonderful to see churches spring up everywhere, When we know they are all to the Glory of the father.
A word is Enough for the wise, watch your words against God's anointed and his house of worship. Thank you

This goes out to all those supporting this utter state of confusion.

Most people on this thread haven't said anything against christianity as a whole but of the excesses exhibited by the so-called men of God. Christianity as a way of life and religion is great but it doesn't mean we should turn a blind-eye when some people are leading its name down the wrong part.

Now that we have more churches around, we seem to have more and more sinners/hypocrites also...if all the new churches have visions and mandates from God and not mostly motivated by greed, why can't we see the difference in our day to day lives of Nigerians living a Christ-filled life as that is the main purpose of a church. This is roughly equivilent to a having alot of duplicate offices/branches of a single corporation and yet having no effect on the effectiveness/success rate on the reason the corporation was set-up (raison d'etre).

Why can't we have a single church or two serving a whole area/street but we have cases of up to 13 on a street as a poster above pointed out, God is not an author of confusion and yet what is on show before us today in most places.

Lastly, how do you want to bring converts into the fold when you have such cases as listed above and some churches playing instruments (sometimes blaring through speakers) in residential areas for the sake of a vigil.

I think its right to support Christianity as a religion but not when it showcases acts of certain excesses (practiced by some 'men of God') that make even non-christians question the God we serve.

4 Likes

Re: 5-6 Churches On A Building. Religious House Of Commotion It Is! by Nobody: 1:10pm On Oct 20, 2013
I really don't see anything wrong with this. It is no different from having more than one church in a street, town, city or country. Why worry about things that don't concern you or you just know little about. There are a lot of possibilities:
The churches may have bought the building together;
The churches may have agreed to that arrangement
The churches may even hold periodic joint meeting
I bet you that the leadership and members of those Churches know each other and are friends.
To the outside world, it will always seem that churches are competing amongst each other. But this is not always the case.
Finally, so many people around the world have so many opinions on how churches should behave, but there is a General Overseer of the Church and The church belong to Him, and He does not need anyone's help on how to handle His Church.
Anyone who loves the sanity of His mind should really avoid badmouthing the Church and Christians. That is a lack of peace and joy that comes with always criticising the Church.

1 Like

Re: 5-6 Churches On A Building. Religious House Of Commotion It Is! by Ferdinandu(m): 1:11pm On Oct 20, 2013
I'm sure in your cult you are not gonna leave if one or two members annoys you.You can only contemplate leaving if the original founder of the cult annoys u.Have the original founder of the christianity Christ himself annoyed you.
Re: 5-6 Churches On A Building. Religious House Of Commotion It Is! by omon24(m): 1:12pm On Oct 20, 2013
Ferdinandu: Is there anything wrong in having 5 shops selling the same thing in one Plaza?
nothing is wrong, but are u now equating church with biz? D bottom line is why d madness and confusion? Wen is same God we serve? Two many cooks spoil d broth.

1 Like

Re: 5-6 Churches On A Building. Religious House Of Commotion It Is! by PapiDShipCapt(m): 1:12pm On Oct 20, 2013
This is rubbish.. Very soon d pastors will start attacking themselves through their sunday preaching

1 Like

Re: 5-6 Churches On A Building. Religious House Of Commotion It Is! by Lennylinconlee(m): 1:17pm On Oct 20, 2013
Eze Promoe: Churches are so many in Nigeria, with funny names too.
E.g E dey happen ministry and God punish devil ministry etc.

I can't stop laffffffing oooo......bring ur own international ministry
Re: 5-6 Churches On A Building. Religious House Of Commotion It Is! by Nobody: 1:18pm On Oct 20, 2013
God has only one family on this earth, and he paid a great price to get it. He will go to any length protect it. Historical and Bible evidence show that anyone meddling into the affairs of His family is meddling with Him and that person, no matter how worldly powerful will never win.
Knowing this, I have decided that I will never be an instrument to be used to judge, disgrace, or discredit the Body of Christ even if the whole World will agree with me and give me thumbs up.

1 Like

Re: 5-6 Churches On A Building. Religious House Of Commotion It Is! by drealdoc89(m): 1:21pm On Oct 20, 2013
good for you.
Re: 5-6 Churches On A Building. Religious House Of Commotion It Is! by Nobody: 1:23pm On Oct 20, 2013
Anytime I pass that building, I wonder how church service is!!

There is one place in Karu where there are almost 8 churches facing each other.. When someone wants to drive out, they'll send the plate number of any car obstructing to all the churches!! undecided undecided undecided
One of the church is a white garment church, when they begin gyration here ehn, every other church go confuse!!!
Re: 5-6 Churches On A Building. Religious House Of Commotion It Is! by Crixina(f): 1:23pm On Oct 20, 2013
greatgod2012: @op, I think I'm the only one who have been noticing this, it's not only in Lagos, there's a particular building in Ibadan where we have 6 different denominations, I was invited to one of the churches, and I didn't wait till the end of the service before I left.
I just think this type of thing is an insult to God, six different churches in a building and we claim that we serve the same God who ask us always to be one and in unity.

I think we really need God's direction in this our pathway to salvation we are.
May God help us all.
is it that God chooses to call people to start up churches in big cities like this with six denominations in one building,but does not send these people to villages,towns an countries where churches don't exist E.g the small village I served in katsina?

Untill these men of God start reaching out to these remote places,they are fighting for their bellies.

2 Likes

Re: 5-6 Churches On A Building. Religious House Of Commotion It Is! by ayobase(m): 1:27pm On Oct 20, 2013
dominique: I know this building, its in Abuja right?

Yep!
Re: 5-6 Churches On A Building. Religious House Of Commotion It Is! by lakunle1love(m): 1:28pm On Oct 20, 2013
hmm. God knows who is worshipping Him
Re: 5-6 Churches On A Building. Religious House Of Commotion It Is! by nora544: 1:28pm On Oct 20, 2013
Crixina: is it that God chooses to call people to start up churches in big cities like this with six denominations in one building,but does not send these people to villages,towns an countries where churches don't exist E.g the small village I served in katsina?

Untill these men of God start reaching out to these remote places,they are fighting for their bellies.

This so called great man of God will not go out in the small villages because the money they get from there followers is to small.

Christianity is a business in Africa but mostly in nigeria.

For me what i see it looks if a star is singing so this poster they make look like.

Nigerian Pastors are not better like the Music stars in Nigeria, when they have money they spend it for themself, and when they have no money they ask there followers to help because they cannot pay there bill for the hospital in India.
Re: 5-6 Churches On A Building. Religious House Of Commotion It Is! by Crixina(f): 1:29pm On Oct 20, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin
ketoprofen: 1) I met a man that left his church to form another one . He is now d pastor of a new church. I asked him y he left his church, he told me that a vision cannot work under another vision.

2) A friend of mine told me his father and few friends left their former church to form a new one because they were being sidelined and marginalised of posts( remunerations) in their former church.

Hence, they left in anger and grieviance to form another one.
Imagine, a church formed based on these two principles.

3) My room mate in yr one, his father started a new church because the officials of the old church didn't promote him after so many yrs .

Chinke eriela ariri
Re: 5-6 Churches On A Building. Religious House Of Commotion It Is! by drealdoc89(m): 1:29pm On Oct 20, 2013
omon24: Bro with the way men of God take this issue of tithe and offerings this days ehnn, hmmmm, and check the level of their lifestyle , one nid to wisen up. Am not sayin tithing is bad
i get ur point bro,buh d question u shud ask urself always is,weda u r doin it for man or for God?
yes,d attitudes of most men of God towards tithin of recent is nt on d gud side,buh dt is nt enof reason for u nt to obey nd do accordin to d written word. Cos on dt day,we shal al give acct to Him.
gracias!
Re: 5-6 Churches On A Building. Religious House Of Commotion It Is! by ayobase(m): 1:30pm On Oct 20, 2013
Fit2Rule: By next Sunday, there would be nine churches. A reliable source close to the owner of the building confirmed that three other "general overseers" are almost completing their rental arrangements. According my Intel, they have agreed to rent even if it means partitioning the available spaces.

u r kidding aight?

Hmmm, feasibility and viability studies must have shown that the precise location is good for members!

easy does it!
Re: 5-6 Churches On A Building. Religious House Of Commotion It Is! by Fadelex(m): 1:32pm On Oct 20, 2013
na only 5 churches dey d building.. it's very disturbing my church even dey dere...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Sharon Oyakhilome And Phillip Frimpong Dance At Traditional Wedding (Video) / "Pastor Suspends Members For Watching T.B Joshua's TV Channel". Photos / Pastor Adeboye: “If You Buy A Car With Money You Didn’t Earn Lawfully..."

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.