Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,209 members, 7,860,357 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:52 AM

Nba Season '08/09 - Sports (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nba Season '08/09 (71350 Views)

NBA Season 2011-2012 (First 2 Weeks Of Games Cancelled) / Who Do You Think Would Win 2010-2011 Nba Season Mvp / NBA Season 2010/11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nba Season '08/09 by WadeFTW: 6:10pm On Dec 09, 2008
lai-lai:

@wafeftw
are u saying that cavs were still more likely to lose last year even if they had homecourt advantage?

and your second point is like announcing on a microphone that 1 + 1 = 2

W/O LeBrons supporting cast, LeBron wouldn't stand a chance against the upper echelon powers. If LeBron doesn't have the necessary players built around him (gritty defenders that have a nose for the ball and/or are great rebounders), then I don't care where LeBron plays. Hes not getting it done. And LeBrons terrible jumpshot in the playoffs wouldn't help neither.

Most of y'all don't strike me as guys that puts enough emphasis on defense. All I hear is blame on Celts bench offense and LeBron James. Defense is half the game, and if not developed, then your team has no chance. I'm a really young kid, but I have more of an old school mentality. I value defense more than offense. Most of championship teams we've witnessed the past few years were defense oriented. Detroit, Spurs, Boston, and Miami to a lesser extent. Conversely, we've seen run-n-gun teams like Phoenix Suns that don't even make it to the conference Finals.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by WadeFTW: 6:21pm On Dec 09, 2008
A-40:

He is European!! how does the typical European big man play? where do you watch your basketball sef?Dirk still has game he still puts up 20 + points 9 rebounds and 3 assists per night he is still Mr Maverick and still has game what we need to do is get rid of Jason Kidd he has been producing stinker after stinker
I just hope they can make 1st seed although with the way the Celts are playing thats unlikely to happen and now that they have established that they have the pistons like defense of old the question now is can they get some offense from Pavlovic,Gibson,Ilgauskas,West,Szcerbiak,Wallace and the other loafers

I can care less how a European big man plays. History has shown traditional big men have had a far more impact on the game as far back as Mikan (Russell, Wilt, Kareem, Moses Malone, McHale, Dream, Prime Shaq, Admiral, Duncan, and now D12). Nowitzki is an adequate first option on a contending team, but doesn't have nearly the impact as those guys I just mentioned. Especially on defense where he can't even guard a door.

Dirk is not the best big man in the game. I don't even considered Dirk a big man. A whopping 83% of all his shot attempts are off jumpshots. Yeah, hes great at what he does, but he doesn't have big man moves. Replace Dirk with a low ppost threat like D12 or Duncan and I'll GUARANTEE the Mavs have a better record. KG doesn't play like a big neither, but at least hes intimidating on the defensive end and doesn't hover around the perimeter 95% of the time. I think guards like Kobe and Billups even have more of a post up game than Dirk (LOL)
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by omitutu: 6:36pm On Dec 09, 2008
WadeFTW:

[b]
I'm a really young kid, but I have more of an old school mentality.

comot for here my friend. . . . .

Which kain self promotion be this.

na who dey lie for u say u young.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 6:43pm On Dec 09, 2008
WadeFTW:

I can care less how a European big man plays. History has shown traditional big men have had a far more impact on the game as far back as Mikan (Russell, Wilt, Kareem, Moses Malone, McHale, Dream, Prime Shaq, Admiral, Duncan, and now [b]D12). Nowitzki is an adequate first option on a contending team, but doesn't have nearly the impact as those guys I just mentioned. Especially on defense where he can't even guard a door.[/b]

Dirk is not the best big man in the game. I don't even considered Dirk a big man. A whopping 83% of all his shot attempts are off jumpshots. Yeah, hes great at what he does, but he doesn't have big man moves. Replace Dirk with a low ppost threat like D12 or Duncan and I'll GUARANTEE the Mavs have a better record. KG doesn't play like a big neither, but at least hes intimidating on the defensive end and doesn't hover around the perimeter 95% of the time. I think guards like Kobe and Billups even have more of a post up game than Dirk (LOL) 
You can choose to care or not care but you cannot tell me thats not a factor unless you don't know your ball.Stop mentioning D12 he has not done squat in the post-season yet D.Wade did that in his 3rd season the fact is today's game has shifted from just relying on a big man to having good PG and Shooting guards who can either control traffic or take the game by the scruff of its neck Miami and Detroit are good examples even Shaq did not win his three rings without good backup from Kobe
Back to Dirk if you compare Dallas of old to what the Mavs have achieved in the last 4 or 5 years you would appreciate the goodness of Dirk i have told you defense is not a strong trait of European players if you don't get that then i am sorry i can't help you his array of moves driving to the hoop,shooting and handling the rock so good is the envy of all big men across the league Dirk is marquee a ring is all that would stop this hate and even if he does not win one i would name countless greats like Karl Malone and Reggie Miller that where not so lucky either

WadeFTW:

W/O LeBrons supporting cast, [b]LeBron wouldn't stand a chance against the upper echelon powers. If LeBron doesn't have the necessary players built around him (gritty defenders that have a nose for the ball and/or are great rebounders), then I don't care when LeBron plays. Hes not getting it done. And LeBrons terrible jumpshot in the playoffs wouldn't help neither.

Most of y'all don't strike me as guys that puts enough emphasis on defense. All I hear is blame on Celts bench offense and LeBron James. Defense is half the game, and if not developed, then your team has no chance. I'm a really young kid, but I have more of an old school mentality. I value defense more than offense. Most of championship teams we've witnessed the past few years were defense oriented. Detroit, Spurs, Boston, and Miami to a lesser extent. Conversely, we've seen run-n-gun teams like Phoenix Suns that don't even make it to the conference Finals.[/b]
Get this clear!! Lebron is the heart and soul of the Cavs no Lebron and the Cavs go straight back to the potential D-league team they where before King James came along if Cleveland had someone half as good as Lebron on their roster they would have won a ring
Defense is good but when you have anaemic offense you can only go so far as the Cavs found out against the Spurs when you miss open jumpers,layups and free throws what good is your defense?
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by WadeFTW: 6:52pm On Dec 09, 2008
A-40:

Defense and rebounding is important i agree but of what use is all that if you can't get any offense go and watch the 07 NBA Finals again you would realize the importance of offense my brother they where probably the lowest scoring team in NBA Final history their support cast is not supporting enough on offense Game 7 at Boston is another example

[b]Its funny you brought up the 2007 Finals. Again, It wasn't the Cavs offense that was nearly the problem as Spurs defense. In that series they basically turned LeBron into a jumpshooter b/c they knew how to DEFEND the low post very well w/ Duncan anchoring and altering shots while CLOGGING THE LANE to keep LeBron from penetrating to the rim.

As we all know, LeBron has always had a deplorable jumpshot w/ terrible shooting mechanics you wouldn't dare teach your kids. Who the f*** in this day and age do you see shooting with their elbows out. It became very apparent, esp. when LeBron airballed alot of shots, including FREETHROWS, during the series.

The thing was LeBron (at that time wasn't used to excellent lane clogging defenses like the Spurs) and just got exposed. Oh, and the stats back that up.

LeBron shot .336 eFG% off jumpshots in that playoff season.

That is just flat-out terrible.

And Game 7 against Boston was just the icing on the cake. Rondo defended Kobe very well and just exposed Kobe as an erratic, overrated, self-centered shooter he is (or was)[/b]
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by WadeFTW: 7:17pm On Dec 09, 2008
A-40:

You can choose to care or not care but you cannot tell me thats not a factor unless you don't know your ball.Stop mentioning D12 he has not done squat in the post-season yet D.Wade did that in his 3rd season the fact is today's game has shifted from just relying on a big man to having good PG and Shooting guards who can either control traffic or take the game by the scruff of its neck Miami and Detroit are good examples even Shaq did not win his three rings without good backup from Kobe
Back to Dirk if you compare Dallas of old to what the Mavs have achieved in the last 4 or 5 years you would appreciate the goodness of Dirk i have told you defense is not a strong trait of European players if you don't get that then i am sorry i can't help you his array of moves driving to the hoop,shooting and handling the rock so good is the envy of all big men across the league Dirk is marquee a ring is all that would stop this hate and even if he does not win one i would name countless greats like Karl Malone and Reggie Miller that where not so lucky either

[b]Last I checked, D12 team went farther than Nowitzkis team last year in the postseason. Not to mention that Nowitzkis team have been regressing horribly ever since the Finals. In 2006-07, they had no business losing to an eigth-seeded team like Golden State in the first round. But now I could understand why that happened: b/c they lacked a low post threat and a defensive anchor in the middle and just allowed GSW high-octane offense to run up the score. Instead of looking to defend, they were busy trying to match the offensive skills of the Warriors, which was a terrible philosophy by Avery Johnson.

I can care less if Dirk is a skilled big w/ a jumpshot: GET THE THEORY THAT A GREAT LOW POST BIG GENERALLY HAS MORE OF AN IMPACT ON THE GAME THAN A GREAT JUMPSHOOTING BIG

So what if the NBA has gotten more sissier w/ big men facing up moreso than posting up. It doesn't change any my theory. The great low post players that I mentioned in my prior post: Do you know what they would do in this league today?!?! LOL. Inexplicable. They would eat these sissy, so-called big men for lunch. In fact, Prime Shaq and Duncan are great examples[/b]   

A-40:

Get this clear!! Lebron is the heart and soul of the Cavs no Lebron and the Cavs go straight back to the potential D-league team they where before King James came along if Cleveland had someone half as good as Lebron on their roster they would have won a ring
Defense is good but when you have anaemic offense you can only go so far as the Cavs found out against the Spurs when you miss open jumpers,layups and free throws what good is your defense?

Defense and Rebounding gives more scoring opportunites and attempts. I think it was LeBron that was the problem, not that second option that we're all waiting for. Every year in his playoff career he has shot terrible when teams would just clog the lane and have him shoot all day. It works! He had good serviceable role players like Big Z, Varejao & Gooden to feed the ball to in the post, and Gibson to kick out to. But the real truth, the real downfall of the 2006-07 Finals was LeBrons jumpshot and his inability to drive through the lane, which was his greatest strength. You take LeBrons greatest strength away from him, and he is incredibly limited offensively. No post game then (despite his big frame), and no jumpshot
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 7:48pm On Dec 09, 2008
WadeFTW:

[b]Its funny you brought up the 2007 Finals. Again, It wasn't the Cavs offense that was

nearly the problem as Spurs defense. In that series they basically turned LeBron into a

jumpshooter b/c they knew how to DEFEND the low post very well w/ Duncan anchoring

and altering shots while CLOGGING THE LANE to keep LeBron from penetrating to the

rim.

As we all know, LeBron has always had a deplorable jumpshot w/ terrible shooting

mechanics you wouldn't dare teach your kids. Who the f*** in this day and age do you see

shooting with their elbows out. It became very apparent, esp. when LeBron airballed alot of

shots, including FREETHROWS, during the series.

The thing was LeBron (at that time wasn't used to excellent lane clogging defenses like the

Spurs) and just got exposed. Oh, and the stats back that up.

LeBron shot .336 eFG% off jumpshots in that playoff season.

That is just flat-out terrible.

And Game 7 against Boston was just the icing on the cake. Rondo defended Kobe very

well and just exposed Kobe as an erratic, overrated, self-centered shooter he is (or was)

Are you talking about the Lakers or the Cavs because that series ended in 6

As for that series even if Lebron did have a stinker can you name one player in the entire

Cavs roster that stepped up at any end of the floor throughout that series sweep?they

where all shyte from Big Z to Larry Hughes,Drew Gooden,Donyell Marshall Lebron should

be given credit for dragging arguably the most untalented roster to the NBA Finals the

Spurs have conquered better teams in the Knicks,Nets and Pistons in the past
The Cavs meltdown was down to the fact that no one stepped up i repeat no one!!

WadeFTW:

[b]Last I checked, D12 team went farther than Nowitzkis team last year in the postseason.

Not to mention that Nowitzkis team have been regressing horribly ever since the Finals. In

2006-07, they had no business losing to an eigth-seeded team like Golden State in the first

round. But now I could understand why that happened: b/c they lacked a low post threat

and a defensive anchor in the middle and just allowed GSW high-octane offense to run up

the score. Instead of looking to defend, they were busy trying to match the offensive skills of

the Warriors, which was a terrible philosophy by Avery Johnson.

I can care less if Dirk is a skilled big w/ a jumpshot: GET THE THEORY THAT A GREAT LOW

POST BIG GENERALLY HAS MORE OF AN IMPACT ON THE GAME THAN A GREAT

JUMPSHOOTING BIG

So what if the NBA has gotten more sissier w/ big men facing up moreso than posting up. It

doesn't change any my theory. The great low post players that I mentioned in my prior

post: Do you know what they would do in this league today?!?! LOL. Inexplicable. They

would eat these sissy, so-called big men for lunch. In fact, Prime Shaq and Duncan are great

examples[/b]   

Defense and Rebounding gives more scoring opportunites and attempts. I think it was

LeBron that was the problem, not that second option that we're all waiting for. Every year

in his playoff career he has shot terrible when teams would just clog the lane and have him

shoot all day. It works! He had good serviceable role players like Big Z, Varejao & Gooden to

feed the ball to in the post, and Gibson to kick out to. But the real truth, the real downfall of

the 2006-07 Finals was LeBrons jumpshot and his inability to drive through the lane, which

was his greatest strength. You take LeBrons greatest strength away from him, and he is

incredibly limited offensively. No post game then (despite his big frame), and no

jumpshot

Yeah D12's team went further but lost to an ageing Pistons team in 5 games and thats the

same team which Lebron's average Cavs beat in six games abeg i am not buying into

Dwight' Howard's hype yet comparing him to Lebron is an insult are you talking of

someone that averaged 35 points in his debut playoff season  shocked shocked.Howard still has a mighty

long way to go you guys should not over hype this kid just yet
Back to Dirk i would believe the Mavs and Avery Johnson where star-struck when they

came across their former master in Don Nelson we lost 3-0 in the regular season to them so i

am sure it must have played in their heads somewhat but thats not the issue
Granted low-post players tend to make more impact but thats not always the case there

are exceptions and Dirk is one of them
And today's game has changed with the rules offensive fouls and everything it is more inclined to the

guards and smaller guys if you doubt that look at the last 5 NBA Finals MVP list TD is the only big man you would find in the list so as a big man you have to develop and outside shot either from 18feet,15 or 10 this is what Dirk does expertly Dwight Howard is still a work in progress and is in no wise better than Dirk
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by omitutu: 8:06pm On Dec 09, 2008
come bo. , , .

two of you, these long posts of yours will bury my own puny posts

put a sock in it now angry angry angry
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 8:16pm On Dec 09, 2008
Lol its just friendly banter steel sharpeneth steel now don't you read your bible we are just exercising our knowledge of the game
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by WadeFTW: 8:31pm On Dec 09, 2008
A-40:

Are you talking about the Lakers or the Cavs because that series ended in 6

As for that series even if Lebron did have a stinker can you name one player in the entire

Cavs roster that stepped up at any end of the floor throughout that series sweep?they

where all shyte from Big Z to Larry Hughes,Drew Gooden,Donyell Marshall Lebron should

be given credit for dragging arguably the most untalented roster to the NBA Finals the

Spurs have conquered better teams in the Knicks,Nets and Pistons in the past
The Cavs meltdown was down to the fact that no one stepped up i repeat no one!!

Again, regarding LeBrons supporting cast. That team was one of the best defensive and rebounding teams in the league. It just shows how much more a great rebounding and defense is important. Allen Iverson took a similiar team to the Finals in 2001, so what exactly is your point? As a matter of fact: Iverson team actually won a game in the Finals, unlike LeBrons team. This, again, is yet another example of defense + rebounding is more pivitol to a teams success than offense

A superstar w/ defensive and rebounding oriented supporting cast & limited offense >>>>> A superstar w/ offensive oriented supporting cast & limited defense

A-40:

Yeah D12's team went further but lost to an ageing Pistons team in 5 games and thats the

same team which Lebron's average Cavs beat in six games abeg i am not buying into

Dwight' Howard's hype yet comparing him to Lebron is an insult are you talking of

someone that averaged 35 points in his debut playoff season  shocked shocked.Howard still has a mighty

long way to go you guys should not over hype this kid just yet
Back to Dirk i would believe the Mavs and Avery Johnson where star-struck when they

came across their former master in Don Nelson we lost 3-0 in the regular season to them so i

am sure it must have played in their heads somewhat but thats not the issue
Granted low-post players tend to make more impact but thats not always the case there

are exceptions and Dirk is one of them
And today's game has changed with the rules offensive fouls and everything it is more inclined to the

guards and smaller guys if you doubt that look at the last 5 NBA Finals MVP list TD is the only big man you would find in the list so as a big man you have to develop and outside shot either from 18feet,15 or 10 this is what Dirk does expertly Dwight Howard is still a work in progress and is in no wise better than Dirk

[b]Lets not forget that D12 was 22 years old then and has yet to reach his prime. LeBron supporting cast was deeper than D12s last year, although I'm not saying that D12 is the better player. But I wasn't comparing D12 to LeBron anyway. I was comparing him to Dirk, to give a prime example of what I mean by a REAL low post big.

They had a poll on ESPN today asking who would you rather have on the post for the rest of the season, comparing Duncan and D12. A whopping 71% chose D12. Imagine if they'd replaced Duncans name w/ Nowitzki. Thats just how much more lopsided the polls would be. And anyone who would choose Nowitzki over D12 would either be a blind homer or officially be considered dumber than a sack of rocks.

Read my posts carefully. I'm comparing D12 to Nowitzki b/c they virtually play the same position, but their styles are different.

I'm not also disputing the fact that Nowitzki is impactful, rather that a guy ike D12 is 3X more impactful. The defensive disparity is a BIGGGG boost. D12 is the leading DPOY candidate as we speak. He grabbs rebounds like a madman and averages over 4 blocks a game. Oppossing team guards are so afraid to penetrate into the lane b/c of D12s big frame and intimidating athletic abilities, so they resort to taking low percentage shots (jumpshots). THATS impact. Once D12 gets the ball in the post, hes too big and athletic to control and oppossing bigs just watch him take high % shots (shots closer to the rim) and dunk the ball w/ ferocity.
THATS impact. D12 leads the leads in offensive rebounds, meaning he gives his team alot of second chance points. THATS impact. Nowitzki doesn't do any of that and is a liability on defense. All he basically does better than D12 is shoot. And that is only for the guards to do. NOT BIG MEN!!!

And those handcheck rules you bring up doesn't affect guys like D12. He actually LEADS the league in free-throw attempts. That means he gets alot of calls in the post. Prime Shaq was a big and he led the league in FTAs. Handcheck rules doesn't necessarily apply to guards as you claim. As long as you're willing to ATTACK the rim, you'd be fine. If you look at all the guards/wings that attack the rim like Dwyane Wade, Devin Harris or LeBron James. Is it a coincidence those same guys top the league in free throw attempts? But then you're contradicting yourself, b/c since free-throw attempts are a by-product of attacking the rim and drawing fouls (due to handcheck), then generally jumpshooters like Dirk aren't proned to getting those calls b/c they don't attack enough. Remember 83% of Dirks attempts are off jumpers, so there was no reason for you to bring up handchecking, esp. if you were looking to support your arguement. 

Your statements hold no water. And I can barely understand your grammar/sentence structures.[/b]
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 10:55pm On Dec 09, 2008
WadeFTW:

Again, regarding LeBrons supporting cast. That team was one of the best defensive and rebounding teams in the league. It just shows how much more a great rebounding and defense is important. Allen Iverson took a similiar team to the Finals in 2001, so what exactly is your point? As a matter of fact: Iverson team actually won a game in the Finals, unlike LeBrons team. This, again, is yet another example of defense + rebounding is more pivitol to a teams success than offense

A superstar w/ defensive and rebounding oriented supporting cast & little offense >>>>> A superstar w/ offensive oriented supporting cast & little defense

A.I's Sixers had homecourt advantage sef and a better roster they where the best team in the East that season comparing them to underdogs like the Cavs says a lot about your basketball knowledge
Besides don't you get simple english Mr Man their rebounding and defensive stats where inconsequential because they had no offense Lebron was shut down for most of the Series and no one else stepped up even the so-called fantastic defensive and rebounding team became useless because they could not take advantage of turnover's from San Antonio they had arguably the worst points average in NBA Finals history
Every other thing you are speaking is just grammar even a superstar with a good defensive and rebounding oriented supporting cast equally needs an offense in equal measure the Spurs always get hyped about their defense but with players like Parker and Ginobili the offensive side to their game is grossly under-rated 

WadeFTW:

[b]Lets not forget that D12 was 22 years old then and has yet to reach his prime. LeBron supporting cast was deeper than D12s last year, although I'm not saying that D12 is the better player. But I wasn't comparing D12 to LeBron anyway. I was comparing him to Dirk, to give a prime example of what I mean by a REAL low post big.

They had a poll on ESPN today asking who would you rather have on the post for the rest of the season, comparing Duncan and D12. A whopping 71% chose D12. Imagine if they'd replaced Duncans name w/ Nowitzki. Thats just how much more lopsided the polls would be. And anyone who would choose Nowitzki over D12 would either be a blind homer or officially be considered dumber than a sack of rocks.

Read my posts carefully. I'm comparing D12 to Nowitzki b/c they virtually play the same position, but their styles are different.

I'm not also disputing the fact that Nowitzki is impactful, rather that a guy ike D12 is 3X more impactful. The defensive disparity is a BIGGGG boost. D12 is the leading DPOY candidate as we speak. He grabbs rebounds like a madman and averages over 4 blocks a game. Oppossing team guards are so afraid to penetrate into the lane b/c of D12s big frame and intimidating athletic abilities, so they resort to taking low percentage shots (jumpshots). THATS impact. Once D12 gets the ball in the post, hes too big and athletic to control and oppossing bigs just watch him take high % shots (shots closer to the rim) and dunk the ball w/ ferocity.
THATS impact. D12 leads the leads in offensive rebounds, meaning he gives his team alot of second chance points. THATS impact. Nowitzki doesn't do any of that and is a liability on defense. All he basically does better than D12 is shoot. And that is only for the guards to do. NOT BIG MEN!!!

And those handcheck rules you bring up doesn't affect guys like D12. He actually LEADS the league in free-throw attempts. That means he gets alot of calls in the post. Prime Shaq was a big and he led the league in FTAs. Handcheck rules doesn't necessarily apply to guards as you claim. As long as you're willing to ATTACK the rim, you'd be fine. If you look at all the guards/wings that attack the rim like Dwyane Wade, Devin Harris or LeBron James. Is it a coincidence those same guys top the league in free throw attempts? But then you're contradicting yourself, b/c since free-throw attempts are a by-product of attacking the rim and drawing fouls (due to handcheck), then generally jumpshooters like Dirk aren't proned to getting those calls b/c they don't attack enough. Remember 83% of Dirks attempts are off jumpers, so there was no reason for you to bring up handchecking, esp. if you were looking to support your arguement. 

Your statements hold no water. And I can barely understand your grammar/sentence structures.[/b]  

How old is Lebron?he is only a year older and was about same age if not younger than Dwight when he dragged the Cavs to the Finals but thats not the issue how can you possibly compare a supporting cast of Hedo Turkoglu,Rashad Lewis,Jameer Nelson? to an ageing Ilgauskas,Ben Wallace an inconsistent Varejao and Pavlovic? you must be high on mushrooms your excuses for Dwight Howard are not working for me as there are no guarantees that he would be as good as you are hyping him up to be in years to come.Now back to your comparison to him and Dirk! Dwight is panya on offense and despite his centaur-like body structure he still got pounded in the paint by a Jason Maxiell who was amazingly 5 inches shorter and i am sure a few pound s lighter too  it is only shyte Centers and defenders like Kwame Brown,Diop and Erick Dampier that would be scared to guard Dwight! D12 has been doing pretty good but if he does not deliver in post-season your theory of him being the perfect and best big man in the league does not count for squat
Dirk has never been a post-player in the first place me i don't know where you get your figures from but D12 is a Center and Dirk is a power forward their styles are pretty contrasting i have never been a big fan of regular season stats though and by the time the playoff season comes along you would see why! Marcus Camby has won defensive player of the year a few times too so has Ron Artest so why are you ranting about being DPOY? his stats are very impressive but whether it would count come playoff time when it matters is a different story
Now talking about defense Dirk is number 4 in defensive rebounds in the league per game he might not be the best defender but he is not as soft as you haters paint him to be

Dwight might have the better stats but till he proves his worth in the playoffs  you guys should just tape it shut and stop over-hyping that is my point

And one last thing ESPN polls don't count for squat an ageing TD still managed the Western Conference Finals how far did Mr Superman go?
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by lailai2(m): 11:37pm On Dec 09, 2008
@A-40
this wadeftw guy has over-contradicted himself that i dont even know what he's saying again
i guess you understand what he's sayin, so proceed to increase the amount of pages this thread's got , . . .lol

@wadeftw
defence is 50%, offense is 50%
so ur rants are irrelevant
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by WadeFTW: 12:26am On Dec 10, 2008
A-40:

A.I's Sixers had homecourt advantage sef and a better roster they where the best team in the East that season comparing them to underdogs like the Cavs says a lot about your basketball knowledge

[b]Sixers had a better roster? Really? What a waste of my keystroke proving a dumb arguement.

The Sixers team that year featured Aaron McKie, Dikembe Mutombo, Theo Ratliff, Eric Snow, Tyrone Hill, Vernon Maxwell, Toni Kukoc & Nazr Muhammed They were all solid contributers in the past and only Mutombo, Snow & McKie were defensive specialists that were at the short end of their prime. Everyone else on that roster were either inexperienced, or past their prime. ALL of Iversons supporting cast were no more than role players and there was no such things as a second option. The offense was basically: Hand Iverson the rock and move the f*** out the way, basically similiar to the Cavs offense last season. LeBron at least had big Z to feed the ball to down low. None of the Sizer low post bigs were known for their offense. They still managed to make the Finals due to great defense & rebounding (that was their specialty, and still managed to take a game from one of the greatest dynasties of all time. LeBron couldn't even will a win from a lesser team.

But LeBrons supporting cast was better. He had Pavlocic, Damon Jones, Daniel Gibson, Donyell Marshall & Ira Newble who were all 3-PT specialists back in the 2006-07 season. LeBron had better shooters on his team. The only respectable outside shooter the Sixers had that year was Vernon Maxwell & Aaron McKie, and they didn't shoot all that well during the season. In fact, they shot worse %s than 6 Cavaliers players comparing the roster

And Larry Hughes, Drew Gooden & Big Z were better than anyone on that Sixers roster.

Not to mention the Sixers were the fifth highest defensive rated team in the league in 2001. LeBrons 2007 team was fourth.

So, no, Iverson roster was certainly not better. Any knowledgable basketball fan would laugh at you for making such a pathetic statement.[/b]    

A-40:

Besides don't you get simple english Mr Man their rebounding and defensive stats where inconsequential because they had no offense Lebron was shut down for most of the Series and no one else stepped up even the so-called fantastic defensive and rebounding team became useless because they could not take advantage of turnover's from San Antonio they had arguably the worst points average in NBA Finals history

LeBron was shutdown b/c he couldn't shoot the ball. The Spurs took his greatest strength away from him, which was penetrating by clogging the lane. Don't even come w/ that bull b/c LeBron had at least 5 guys on the team that shot the ball well from behind the arc. It was just that LeBron was reckless w/ the ball and couldn't find open teammates. Moreover, LeBron couldn't hit a jumpshot to save his life and that what ended up hurting the team. Not to mention that LeBron averaged almost 6 turnovers and had one of the worst Finals performances of all time. The Spurs took advantage of the reckless turnovers and long bricks by LeBron and started fastbreaks, b/c if you had any pint of knowledge about the game, you'd know that most long missed jumpshots usually begin fastbreaks at the other end, and LeBron was having a brickfest.

A-40:

Every other thing you are speaking is just grammar even a superstar with a good defensive and rebounding oriented supporting cast equally needs an offense in equal measure the Spurs always get hyped about their defense but with players like Parker and Ginobili the offensive side to their game is grossly under-rated  

That is an exception. The SPURS had BOTH. However, having a superstar w/ a great defensive SP around you is way better than having a superstar w/ a great offensive SP around you, and I stand corrected (esp. if you're a perimeter player which LeBron is).

A-40:

How old is Lebron?he is only a year older and was about same age if not younger than Dwight when he dragged the Cavs to the Finals but thats not the issue how can you possibly compare a supporting cast of Hedo Turkoglu,Rashad Lewis,Jameer Nelson? to an ageing Ilgauskas,Ben Wallace an inconsistent Varejao and Pavlovic? you must be high on mushrooms your excuses for Dwight Howard are not working for me as there are no guarantees that he would be as good as you are hyping him up to be in years to come.

Why are you comparing LeBron to D12? Did I ever compare LeBron to D12. Show me in my post were I did, besides comparing their depth (not head-to-head like you are implying). You obviously have an infatuation w/ not having comprehension skills. I said the Cavs had a better depth, which means the whole roster, not just the starters. Quick to jump the gun, as always.

A-40:

Now back to your comparison to him and Dirk! Dwight is panya on offense and despite his centaur-like body structure he still got pounded in the paint by a Jason Maxiell who was amazingly 5 inches shorter and i am sure a few pound s lighter too  it is only shyte Centers and defenders like Kwame Brown,Diop and Erick Dampier that would be scared to guard Dwight! D12 has been doing pretty good but if he does not deliver in post-season your theory of him being the perfect and best big man in the league does not count for squat

[b]WOW, your grammar really needs work. What school did you attend? (LOL) I would have to file a lawsuit against the legimacy of the curriculum. D12 is a pansy on offense that averages over 21 points a game. Tell me how is he a pansy on offense. Yes, he isn't as skilled as Dirk, but he is more dominant (like a poor mans Shaq w/ minimal post moves, albeit still crazy dominant). When he gets the ball in the paint, he is so difficult to defend b/c not only is he strong, but insanely athletic, and you cannot help, but foul him when he goes up strong for a dunk, a hook, scoop shot, etc,

And why does D12 have to deliver in the postseason for you to be a believe. Not every superstar can lead win a championship. Not even LeBron (yet). There is some holes in Howards game (not disputing that), but what makes him more effective than Dirk is that he plays more of a big mans game. You have a better chance of winning a championship w/ a low post big like D12 than a jumpshooting big like Dirk. And history AGREES w/ me.[/b]      

A-40:

Dirk has never been a post-player in the first place me i don't know where you get your figures from but D12 is a Center and Dirk is a power forward their styles are pretty contrasting i have never been a big fan of regular season stats though and by the time the playoff season comes along you would see why! Marcus Camby has won defensive player of the year a few times too so has Ron Artest so why are you ranting about being DPOY? his stats are very impressive but whether it would count come playoff time when it matters is a different story

I cringe anytime I read the grammatical errors on your post. It's like eating paste off the wall. LMAO at bringing Cambys name up. Camby is an overrated defender! Most of his defense consists of weakside blocks and usually get overpowered by his man as he's not a good man defender. Thats why Camby doesn't perform as well, b/c he isn't nearly good as advertised. D12 on the other hand, is a good man defender who can also help out on the low block/weak side and alter shots. Please watch the games. You'll sound inferior in debates.  

A-40:

Now talking about defense Dirk is number 4 in defensive rebounds in the league per game he might not be the best defender but he is not as soft as you haters paint him to be

LOL! If you adjust the the minutes into equal platform, you'll notice that Dirk doesn't even crack the top 10. In other words, Dirk is only fourth in defensive rebounds b/c he sees more minutes than your average everyday big    

A-40:

Dwight might have the better stats but till he proves his worth in the playoffs  you guys should just tape it shut and stop over-hyping that is my point

And one last thing ESPN polls don't count for squat an ageing TD still managed the Western Conference Finals how far did Mr Superman go?

You're an idiot. Thats was a poll based on on who you'd take ON YOUR TEAM to be in the low post for ONE season. Why comparing two different teams?  Duncans supporting cast was marginally better than D12 and has had more experience playing w/ them, so of course Duncan would have more success. Take out of the box next time. It helps

Oh wait. . .
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by WadeFTW: 12:39am On Dec 10, 2008
lai-lai:

@A-40
this wadeftw guy has over-contradicted himself that i don't even know what he's saying again
i guess you understand what he's sayin, so proceed to increase the amount of pages this thread's got , . . .lol

@wadeftw
defence is 50%, offense is 50%
so ur rants are irrelevant

How did I overcontradicted myself? Explain.

And of course offense & defense is 50/50. Did you catch the jist of the arguement.

If you have a superstar perimeter player, it is better to surround him w/ defensive role players w/ subpar offense than vice versa. That way, your superstar wing can get more opportunties on offense and get back into games. Of course it's always better to have BOTH offense & defense, which is NOT what I'm arguing against here.

In this case, A-40 is arguing that its the lack of help from Cavs offense is what caused the Cavs defeat in the Finals.

I'm arguing that it is moreso LeBrons fault himself and his terrible jumpshooting. The Spurs took away LeBrons penetrating game (greatest strength) and turned him into a jumpshooter (greatest weakness). The Spurs would then proceed to capitalize and start fastbreaks off LeBrons brickfest. LeBrons bad passing/playmaking also led to the Cavs downfall b/c LeBron would often make stupid decisions w/ the ball which led him to having the highest turnovers in NBA Finals history.

It was more of the LeBron inept offense (jumpshooting especially) than the Cavs offense that caused the defeat. He shot a dismall .336 eFG% off jumpshots in the playoffs that year (again his weakness). Great wings/guards (Kobe, Wade, Jordan, etc, ) that have to face tough defenses like the Spurs in the Finals would ALWAYS have both attributes (jumpshooting and penetration). Great players take over in pressure situations and deliever when it most matters. LeBrons jumpshot and decision-making didn't.

LeBrons team did what they were supposed to do in the Finals. LeBron himself didn't. . .or in this case, couldn't. He needs to develop a jumpshot. That is his only ticket to championship, unless if his team is STACKED. Guys like Wade won championship w/ subpar offenses. Why can't LeBron? Because he doesn't have a jumpshot
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by lailai2(m): 12:51am On Dec 10, 2008
with all d celts defence focused on him(top defenders in the game) leaving all his other teamates open(and they did almost nothing), he should still find a way to get the offense going on his own. . . , shit, even MJ didnt have that much burden. . . . .is he a superman that he should take care of the offense while the rest of the team just worry about defence, i dont think you know much about offense, even the best players of all time needs help on offence all the time if u dont know
a team consisting of a perimeter superstar with only defensive role players around him is rubbish

ur post also interpretes that lebron is rubbish. . , . now thats a new one though u previously said kobe is over-rated, self-centered and stuf
but dnt worry, i'm not interested in arguing witchu. . . . u can state your points for the others
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by WadeFTW: 1:02am On Dec 10, 2008
lai-lai:

with all d celts defence focused on him(top defenders in the game) leaving all his other teamates open(and they did almost nothing), he should still find a way to get the offense going on his own. . . , shit, even MJ didnt have that much burden. . . . .is he a superman that he should take care of the offense while the rest of the team just worry about defence, i don't think you know much about offense, even the best players of all time needs help on offence all the time if u don't know
a team consisting of a perimeter superstar with only defensive role players around him is rubbish

Do you understand that LeBron doesn't have a jumpshot? I hope you do. If LeBron had a jumpshot then he wouldv'e won that Celts series easily. That Cavs defense gave LeBron many opportunities and took a great Celts team to 7 games. The Celtics didn't swarm their defense on LeBron (as you claim). Only teams w/o enough big bodies do that (teams thatplay gimmick defense and gamble). They held everyone back and had only Pierce (for the most part) guard him one-on-one. Then the Celtics clogged up the lane to initiate LeBron greatest weakness (jumpshooting) and to rid of him getting into the lane. Same thing the Celtics did w/ Kobe. Please watch basketball. Brilliant stategy by Doc.

lai-lai:

ur post also interpretes that lebron is rubbish. . , . now thats a new one though u previously said kobe is over-rated, self-centered and stuf
but dnt worry, i'm not interested in arguing witchu. . . . u can state your points for the others

How is Kobe not self-centered? He wanted the spotlight, so he ran Shaq out of town. Did you not get the memo? I'm not blasting Kobes game (as you're making it out to be), rather is character.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by lailai2(m): 1:08am On Dec 10, 2008
so lebron does not have a jumpshot and u disagree with A-40 for him to be surrounded by better offensive role players,
when he drives to the lane and the lane is clogged, what's he meant to do?
is he not meant to throw d ball to his teammates who should be free at that point in time to knockdown shots?, are those teammates not meant to be good offensively?
how u dont get this, i dont understand
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by lailai2(m): 3:52am On Dec 10, 2008
cavs keep impressing me, lebron's dunks were mad tonight, they should add an extra point for dunk style
holding bosh to 9 pts, also embarassin o'neal n bargnani. . , raptors need to take some drastic action b4 they totally sink
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 5:34am On Dec 10, 2008
WadeFTW:

[b]Sixers had a better roster? Really? What a waste of my keystroke proving a dumb arguement.

The Sixers team that year featured Aaron McKie, Dikembe Mutombo, Theo Ratliff, Eric Snow, Tyrone Hill, Vernon Maxwell, Toni Kukoc & Nazr Muhammed They were all solid contributers in the past and only Mutombo, Snow & McKie were defensive specialists that were at the short end of their prime. Everyone else on that roster were either inexperienced, or past their prime. ALL of Iversons supporting cast were no more than role players and there was no such things as a second option. The offense was basically: Hand Iverson the rock and move the f*** out the way, basically similiar to the Cavs offense last season. LeBron at least had big Z to feed the ball to down low. None of the Sizer low post bigs were known for their offense. They still managed to make the Finals due to great defense & rebounding (that was their specialty, and still managed to take a game from one of the greatest dynasties of all time. LeBron couldn't even will a win from a lesser team.

But LeBrons supporting cast was better. He had Pavlocic, Damon Jones, Daniel Gibson, Donyell Marshall & Ira Newble who were all 3-PT specialists back in the 2006-07 season. LeBron had better shooters on his team. The only respectable outside shooter the Sixers had that year was Vernon Maxwell & Aaron McKie, and they didn't shoot all that well during the season. In fact, they shot worse %s than 6 Cavaliers players comparing the roster

And Larry Hughes, Drew Gooden & Big Z were better than anyone on that Sixers roster.

Not to mention the Sixers were the fifth highest defensive rated team in the league in 2001. LeBrons 2007 team was fourth.

So, no, Iverson roster was certainly not better. Any knowledgable basketball fan would laugh at you for making such a pathetic statement.[/b]    
Listen fool you don't want to go the insult route with me trust me on that one! Now as per our argument what stats do you have to back your claim that Donyell Marshal and Ira Newble who saw little or no minutes in that final and Daniel Gibson who was a rookie that only made the spot-light in the Detroit series where offensive juggernauts?what had the likes of Drew Gooden,Larry Hughes and Big Z achieved before coming to the Cavs?.Would you compare A.I of 01 to Lebron of 07? Basketball is not your forte you should try shadow-boxing did you see the combined stats of the entire team outside Lebron? I am sure your moronic self did not know that only Gooden and Gibson where able to manage double digits in the entire roster throughout that series (12.8 and 10.0 pts per game) so much for your better supporting cast theory you would make a good clown at the Ringling Brother's Circus

If you are not stupid you would not call the Spurs a lesser team because they won all 4 Finals they featured in but then its you so i guess stupidity comes natural

WadeFTW:

LeBron was shutdown b/c he couldn't shoot the ball. The Spurs took his greatest strength away from him, which was penetrating by clogging the lane. Don't even come w/ that bull b/c LeBron had at least 5 guys on the team that shot the ball well from behind the arc. It was just that LeBron was reckless w/ the ball and couldn't find open teammates. Moreover, LeBron couldn't hit a jumpshot to save his life and that what ended up hurting the team. Not to mention that LeBron averaged almost 6 turnovers and had one of the worst Finals performances of all time. The Spurs took advantage of the reckless turnovers and long bricks by LeBron and started fastbreaks, b/c if you had any pint of knowledge about the game, you'd know that most long missed jumpshots usually begin fastbreaks at the other end, and LeBron was having a brickfest.

Lebron had an awful Series but could still manage 22 pts per game i have seen better so-called star players with worse stats Kobe had a stinker against the Celts last season and he had an obviously better team.Let me kick some facts for you it would interest you to know that Lebron's team mates where so shyte that none of them where able to provide up to 3 assists per game Lebron provided almost 7  so much for your moronic argument about Lebron not finding open team mates it is painfully obvious you didn't watch that series because i cannot count how many times Cleveland went for minutes on end without being able to make a basket.They where missing free-throws,wide open jumpers and sometimes the ball simply refused to go into the rim.He was surrounded by whack players even experienced NBA analysts would tell you that

WadeFTW:

That is an exception. The SPURS had BOTH. However, having a superstar w/ a great defensive SP around you is way better than having a superstar w/ a great offensive SP around you, and I stand corrected (esp. if you're a perimeter player which LeBron is).  
So we partially agree on something  shocked shocked

WadeFTW:

Why are you comparing LeBron to D12? Did I ever compare LeBron to D12. Show me in my post were I did, besides comparing their depth (not head-to-head like you are implying). You obviously have an infatuation w/ not having comprehension skills. I said the Cavs had a better depth, which means the whole roster, not just the starters. Quick to jump the gun, as always.
I saw you talking rubbish about Lebron so i decided to compare him to your over-hyped element which was Dwight Howard.I might have problems with just comprehension skills but you have no skills at all
The Cavs starters as at last season or two seasons ago where barely good enough not to talk of the bench it is obvious you need a dictionary to read and step up your Vocab as the meaning of depth seems to be lost on you

WadeFTW:

And why does D12 have to deliver in the postseason for you to be a believe. Not every superstar can lead win a championship. Not even LeBron (yet). There is some holes in Howards game (not disputing that), but what makes him more effective than Dirk is that he plays more of a big mans game. You have a better chance of winning a championship w/ a low post big like D12 than a jumpshooting big like Dirk. And history AGREES w/ me.[/b]      
Because thats what great players do who would mention Dwight Howard's name in 20 years time if he cannot lead Orlando to their First NBA title?Its obvious you are still a new jack in the game the playoffs are the only thing that matters if you didn't know that by now then its obvious you are a basketball novice.Lebron dragged an unfancied Cleveland team to the NBA Finals,Dirk came within two games of winning it!! Dwight is yet to do that and inasmuch as i am not saying he would never do it he has to show me proof before i believe his hype what is so hard in that for you to understand?

WadeFTW:

I cringe anytime I read the grammatical errors on your post. It's like eating paste off the wall. LMAO at bringing Cambys name up. Camby is an overrated defender! Most of his defense consists of weakside blocks and usually get overpowered by his man as he's not a good man defender. Thats why Camby doesn't perform as well, b/c he isn't nearly good as advertised. D12 on the other hand, is a good man defender who can also help out on the low block/weak side and alter shots. Please watch the games. You'll sound inferior in debates.  
You are a spastic slowpoke i brought those names up so you could stop ranting and raving about Dwight Howard being in the running for Defensive Player of the year just so you know that some average players have won it too besides who does not know that Marcus Camby mainly relies on blocks and rebounding  tongue

WadeFTW:

[b]WOW, your grammar really needs work. What school did you attend? (LOL) I would have to file a lawsuit against the legimacy of the curriculum. D12 is a pansy on offense that averages over 21 points a game. Tell me how is he a pansy on offense. Yes, he isn't as skilled as Dirk, but he is more dominant (like a poor mans Shaq w/ minimal post moves, albeit still crazy dominant). When he gets the ball in the paint, he is so difficult to defend b/c not only is he strong, but insanely athletic, and you cannot help, but foul him when he goes up strong for a dunk, a hook, scoop shot, etc,    
He was so athletic yet he was beat up and and out-muscled like a wuss by a much smaller defender in Maxiell in last season's conference semi's i would only reckon with him when he brings his athleticism to the playoffs

WadeFTW:

LOL! If you adjust the the minutes into equal platform, you'll notice that Dirk doesn't even crack the top 10. In other words, Dirk is only fourth in defensive rebounds b/c he sees more minutes than your average everyday big
He stays out of foul trouble and rarely needs a rest add that to the fact that he is usually effective for much of the game how would he not get more minutes?
WadeFTW:

LeBron was shutdown b/c he couldn't shoot the ball. The Spurs took his greatest strength away from him, which was penetrating by clogging the lane. Don't even come w/ that bull b/c LeBron had at least 5 guys on the team that shot the ball well from behind the arc. It was just that LeBron was reckless w/ the ball and couldn't find open teammates. Moreover, LeBron couldn't hit a jumpshot to save his life and [b]that what ended up hurting the team. Not to mention that LeBron averaged almost 6 turnovers and had one of the worst Finals performances of all time. The Spurs took advantage of the reckless turnovers and long bricks by LeBron and started fastbreaks, b/c if you had any pint of knowledge about the game, you'd know that most long missed jumpshots usually begin fastbreaks at the other end, and LeBron was having a brickfest.[/b]

That is an exception. The SPURS had BOTH. However, having a superstar w/ a great defensive SP around you is way better than having a superstar w/ a great offensive SP around you, and [b]I stand corrected (esp. if you're a perimeter player which LeBron is).[/b]

Why are you comparing LeBron to D12? Did I ever compare LeBron to D12. Show me in my post [b]were I did, besides comparing their depth (not head-to-head like you are implying). You obviously have an infatuation w/ not having comprehension skills. I said the Cavs had a better depth, which means the whole roster, not just the starters. Quick to jump the gun, as always. [/b]

WOW, your grammar really needs work. What school did you attend? (LOL) I would have to file a lawsuit against the [b]legimacy of the curriculum. D12 is a pansy on offense that averages over 21 points a game. Tell me how is he a pansy on offense. Yes, he isn't as skilled as Dirk, but he is more dominant (like a poor mans Shaq w/ minimal post moves, albeit still crazy dominant). When he gets the ball in the paint, he is so difficult to defend b/c not only is he strong, but insanely athletic, and you cannot help, but foul him when he goes up strong for a dunk, a hook, scoop shot, etc, 

I cringe anytime I read the grammatical errors on your post. It's like eating paste off the wall. LMAO at bringing Cambys name up. Camby is an overrated defender! Most of his defense consists of weakside blocks and usually get overpowered by his man as he's not a good man defender. Thats why Camby doesn't perform as well, b/c he isn't nearly [b]good as advertised. D12 on the other hand, is a good man defender who can also help out on the low block/weak side and alter shots. Please watch the games. You'll sound inferior in debates.[/b]  

LOL! If you adjust the the minutes into equal platform, you'll notice that Dirk doesn't even crack the top 10. In other words, Dirk is only fourth in defensive rebounds b/c he sees more minutes [b]than your average everyday big[/b]    

You're an idiot. [b]Thats was a poll based on on who you'd take ON YOUR TEAM to be in the low post for ONE season. Why comparing two different teams?  Duncans supporting cast was marginally better than D12 and has had more experience playing w/ them, so of course Duncan would have more success. Take out of the box next time. It helps

Oh wait. . .[/b]
With your idiotic rants one would think you have a perfect mastery of the English Language.Hypocritical Pharisee what did i type in my piece that was too complicated for your feeble mind to understand? you made at least 7 grammatical faux pas and you are busy talking about my grammar

WadeFTW:

How did I overcontradicted myself? Explain.

And of course offense & defense is 50/50. Did you catch the jist of the arguement.

You can't even spell argument and you are ranting about my curriculum you should be shot  grin grin
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 5:47am On Dec 10, 2008
Damn!! The Mavs lost in Double-OT  angry angry thankfully though Jason Kidd came to the party and dropped an unbelievable 24 pts and 12 assists i would not be on his case if he played like this every night but with that being said there are a lot of dead-weights on that team Devean George and Desagana Diop easily come to mind

The shocking result of the night though was the Wizards beating the Pistons

@lai-lai
Don't mind Mr Know it all i thrive on putting people like him in his place he seems not to understand that every winning team needs a right balance of offense and defense in any sport
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by bawomolo(m): 5:50am On Dec 10, 2008
dirk goes 0-6 from 3pt land in a loss to the spurs. as usual, he only makes the perimeter shot against wowo teams. nowinzki offensive rebounding as usual is pitiful.   A-40 shine your eyes  grin

derrick rose makes the bulls proud again, it wasn't long ago chris duhon and kirk hinrich hunted our dreams.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 5:56am On Dec 10, 2008
bawomolo:

dirk goes 0-6 from 3pt land in a loss to the spurs. as usual, he only makes the perimeter shot against wowo teams. nowinzki offensive rebounding as usual is pitiful.   A-40 shine your eyes  grin

derrick rose makes the bulls proud again, it wasn't long ago chris duhon and kirk hinrich hunted our dreams.  
Are you high on concentrated gbana? he dropped 35 pts and 10 rebounds whether offensive or defensive! rebound na rebound
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by bawomolo(m): 6:04am On Dec 10, 2008
A-40:

Are you high on concentrated gbana? he dropped 35 pts and 10 rebounds whether offensive or defensive! rebound na rebound

nah it's the cheap bolivian weed sharon is supplying me.  he dropped 35 pts and gave up an equal amount on the defensive end.  if yall need some inside toughness we could always send joking noah to the mavericks for a couple of picks  cool
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 6:11am On Dec 10, 2008
bawomolo:

nah it's the cheap bolivian weed sharon is supplying me.  he dropped 35 pts and gave up an equal amount on the defensive end.  if yall need some inside toughness we could always send joking noah to the mavericks for a couple of picks  cool

Lol you must be high how on earth could you blame Dirk for our loss when we have two dead beat centers? is he superman? grin grin
Naah we don't need any of your shyte players why not give us Derrick Rose grin grin
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by lailai2(m): 7:01am On Dec 10, 2008
@A-40
kings beating lakers is more shocking than wizards beating pistons
lakers still lack total conentration, terrible game

that spurs mavs one could hav gone either way, neither team wanted to give up, i'm sure both mavs and spurs will rise well in d standings later on
magis do have some sharp 3pt shooters around D12, they came good today while D12 was below par
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 4:13pm On Dec 10, 2008
lai-lai:

@A-40

that spurs mavs one could hav gone either way, neither team wanted to give up, i'm sure both mavs and spurs will rise well in d standings later on
magis do have some sharp 3pt shooters around D12, they came good today while D12 was below par
Are you sure about that? the Wizards have only won their third game all season kai when is Arenas coming back now?from perennial first round exiters to no playoffs at all

You guys where behind for most parts of the game i guess so y'all could still work on some things now is not the time to get too cozy

I guess homecourt or being on the road doesn't apply when the Mavs and the Spurs lock horns because we have actually beaten them in their building this season looking at the Mavs next three games i fancy us picking wins against Charlotte and Oklahoma anything can happen in the Denver game

I keep trying to tell people that D12 is not the only talented player in the Magic roster.Lol even superman bows down at the sight of kryptonite grin grin
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by ThugsRUs: 4:35pm On Dec 10, 2008
A-40:

Listen fool you don't want to go the insult route with me trust me on that one! Now as per our argument what stats do you have to back your claim that Donyell Marshal and Ira Newble who saw little or no minutes in that final and Daniel Gibson who was a rookie that only made the spot-light in the Detroit series where offensive juggernauts?what had the likes of Drew Gooden,Larry Hughes and Big Z achieved before coming to the Cavs?.

[b]Why are you putting words in my mouth? I never claimed they were "offensive juggernauts" as you put it. Show me in my posts where I referred to LeBrons cast as such. Instead, I claimed they were good serviceable role players on offense w/ great defense & rebounding (their bread & butter) which is 100% fact. Why do you like twisting peoples words?

In LeBrons Finals postseason, the Cavs had enough offense to will teams over the top. Even if LeBron didn't have a clear second option on offense However, it was LeBron that self-destructed himself as a jumpshooter, causing their downfall. You claimed the Cavs lacked some reliable scorers. Some stats you might want to consider during the 2006-07 playoff season:

Daniel Gibson shot a .561 eFG% off jumpshots, accounted for 84% of his shot attempts, in the playoffs. That is excellent. Big Z, who is more of a low post scorer w/ an OK jumpshot (for a big), shot a .604 eFG% inside the paint. Again, very efficient. Drew Gooden, a jumpshooting big, shot a .463 eFG% on 67% of his attempts, which is respectable. Varejao, another guy known for his inside presence, shot .571 eFG% inside the paint on 71% of his attempts. All these guys saw big mintues in the playoffs. LeBron HAD HELP on offense. You had guys shoot respectable to very good %s going more to their STRENGTHS. Now, lets take a look at LeBron:

Of all the shot attempts LeBron took in the playoffs, a whopping 67% of it was jumpshots. Why? Because the Spurs turned him into a jumpshooter for the most part w/ their lane-clogging. It turned out that LeBron shot a dismal .336 eFG% from there. He couldn't go more to his strengths, which was inside, where he shot a whopping .662 eFG%, accounted for only off 33% of his shot attempts.[/b]        

A-40:

Would you compare A.I of 01 to Lebron of 07? Basketball is not your forte you should try shadow-boxing did you see the combined stats of the entire team outside Lebron? I am sure your moronic self did not know that only Gooden and Gibson where able to manage double digits in the entire roster throughout that series (12.8 and 10.0 pts per game) so much for your better supporting cast theory you would make a good clown at the Ringling Brother's Circus

When an argument doesn't go your way, you resort to personal attacks. Very classy of you. They couldn't manage to score more b/c LeBron was busy chucking the team out of the series w/ his brickest. He also commited 5.8 turnovers a game, most in NBA Finals history. Did you ever think of that? Why aren't you addressing the issue? So how you expect his supporting cast to score more is beyond me. When Gibson, Gooden, Big Z & Varejao were given the ball, they shot good percentages. Other than that, LeBron was busy either, shooting his team out of games, or commiting stupid turnovers (traveling, bad pass, charge etc, )

A-40:

If you are not stupid you would not call the Spurs a lesser team because they won all 4 Finals they featured in but then its you so i guess stupidity comes natural

So, you actually believe the Spurs were better than the three peat Lakers?!? (ROFFLES). WOW. And you attacking my knowledge of the game.

A-40:

Lebron had an awful Series but could still manage 22 pts per game i have seen better so-called star players with worse stats Kobe had a stinker against the Celts last season and he had an obviously better team.Let me kick some facts for you it would interest you to know that Lebron's team mates where so shyte that none of them where able to provide up to 3 assists per game Lebron provided almost 7  so much for your moronic argument about Lebron not finding open team mates it is painfully obvious you didn't watch that series because i cannot count how many times Cleveland went for minutes on end without being able to make a basket.They where missing free-throws,wide open jumpers and sometimes the ball simply refused to go into the rim.He was surrounded by whack players even experienced NBA analysts would tell you that

[b]Those 22 points came off mostly either free throws, fast break points, or inefficient jumpers . When you take a ridiculous amount of shots, you are bound to score 22 points in a game. The real question is: Was it an efficient 22 points? I think we already know that answer to that.

And LeBrons teammates not averaging more than 3 assists a game is sheer poppycock. LeBron needs the ball in his hands to be effective, being the primary ball-handler and the defacto point guard. But then, he was busy making stupid decisions w/ the ball and shooting his team out the game. LeBrons mistakes could've in fact turned into assists for his teammates. So, then why do you expect his casts to average more than 3 APG, when LeBron himself is the primary ball-handler? 27% of all of the shots LeBron took throughout the playoffs that year were assisted. Therefore, LeBron isn't a good off-ball player.  

Not to mention that LeBron had one of the worst assist-to-turnover ratio: a better indication of a good passer, than just assists (a real NBA fan would know that). Yeah, LeBron averaged alot of assists in the Finals, but at what cost?

So, there goes your so-called knowledge of the game. LeBron is actually the one that sets the tone on offense and looks to find his cutting man, or an open teammate. Yet another dumb logic by A-40 himself.[/b]

A-40:

I saw you talking rubbish about Lebron so i decided to compare him to your over-hyped element which was Dwight Howard.I might have problems with just comprehension skills but you have no skills at all

Thats not too bright of you. I'm not arguing D12 is better than LeBron, but what comes w/ a dumb logic follows another personal attack about someones knowledge. Hypocrite much?  wink

A-40:

The Cavs starters as at last season or two seasons ago where barely good enough not to talk of the bench it is obvious you need a dictionary to read and step up your Vocab as the meaning of depth seems to be lost on you

No disrespect, but you are infact delusional if you believe having a good (but not great) starting cast translates to poor depth.

A-40:

Because thats what great players do who would mention Dwight Howard's name in 20 years time if he cannot lead Orlando to their First NBA title?Its obvious you are still a new jack in the game the playoffs are the only thing that matters if you didn't know that by now then its obvious you are a basketball novice.Lebron dragged an unfancied Cleveland team to the NBA Finals,Dirk came within two games of winning it!!

Thats a big IF. He has many more years in the NBA to get to the Finas. Nowitzki didn't get to the Finals until his late 20s. It happens. You can't expect D12 to get to the Finals when he hasn't even sniffed his prime. LeBron couldn't even will his team to the Finals at 22. LeBron did that at 23. D12 just TURNED 23 TWO DAYS AGO.

DURRRRRR!!

A-40:

Dwight is yet to do that and inasmuch as i am not saying he would never do it he has to show me proof before i believe his hype what is so hard in that for you to understand?

Yes. D12 must will his team to the championship at age 23, b/c LeBron James did it Nice logic.

A-40:

You are a spastic slowpoke i brought those names up so you could stop ranting and raving about Dwight Howard being in the running for Defensive Player of the year just so you know that some average players have won it too besides who does not know that Marcus Camby mainly relies on blocks and rebounding  tongue

Apprently you. Otherwise, you wouldn't have brought his name up, trying to compare both. D12 is a legit defender. Camby isn't.

A-40:

He was so athletic yet he was beat up and and out-muscled like a wuss by a much smaller defender in Maxiell in last season's conference semi's i would only reckon with him when he brings his athleticism to the playoffs

One erratic game does not make a player, although I wouldn't expect you to know that. . .

A-40:

He stays out of foul trouble and rarely needs a rest add that to the fact that he is usually effective for much of the game how would he not get more minutes?With your idiotic rants one would think you have a perfect mastery of the English Language.Hypocritical Pharisee what did i type in my piece that was too complicated for your feeble mind to understand? you made at least 7 grammatical faux pas and you are busy talking about my grammar
You can't even spell argument and you are ranting about my curriculum you should be shot  grin grin

Please. Enough excuses about your boy. He doesn't bring anything to the table other than his jumpshot. When his jumpshot is flat he is basically useless. He is an OK rebounder (for his height) and a good passer at times (I must admit), but he doesn't impact games as a D12, KG or Duncan. He doesn't anchor defenses, give his team second chance opportunities, etc. Remember, defense is half the game, and Dirk is non-existent. He isn't a force inside, and doesn't have legit post game other than facing up his opponent.

Thanks for the insults. It shows your character in simple debates.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by ThugsRUs: 4:39pm On Dec 10, 2008
lai-lai:

so lebron does not have a jumpshot and u disagree with A-40 for him to be surrounded by better offensive role players,
when he drives to the lane and the lane is clogged, what's he meant to do?
is he not meant to throw d ball to his teammates who should be free at that point in time to knockdown shots?, are those teammates not meant to be good offensively?
how u don't get this, i don't understand

LeBron does have serviceable options on offense. That is a myth. Its just that LeBron himself can singlehandedly, as he wins games, can lose games as well, esp. if his greatest weapon is taken away from him. The Cavs are a good offensive, but are even a greater defensive bunch. Their offense is not as bad as people are making out to be. Their guys are shooting good percentages. Its just being masked b/c their defense is more of the backbone to the team.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by ThugsRUs: 5:05pm On Dec 10, 2008
bawomolo:

That team is done. They should've kept Harris. Trading him for an aging Kidd was one of the dumbest trades in recent memory. Now it's coming to haunt them. Is it a coincidence that Mavs began to regress every year since the trade?

While Dwight Howards team is 17-5, getting better every year, NoWINski's team is regressing ever since the subliminal chokejob in the Finals.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by ThugsRUs: 5:41pm On Dec 10, 2008
lai-lai:

@A-40

But his team still beat a formidable Portland team on the road, why? Because, unlike Dork, D12 can bring more to the table when his shot is not falling. Just because Howards stat sheet wasn't impressive doesn't mean he didn't impact his team in other ways.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 6:44pm On Dec 10, 2008
Thugs_R_Us:

[b]Why are you putting words in my mouth? I never claimed they were "offensive juggernauts" as you put it. Show me in my posts where I referred to LeBrons cast as such. Instead, I claimed they were good serviceable role players on offense w/ great defense & rebounding (their bread & butter) which is 100% fact. Why do you like twisting peoples words?
So you are a thug now? talk about someone who does not know his identity  grin grin where you not the one that started with the insults? I thought we where having a mature argument till you started the insulting business and even talked down on my grammar when it was obvious your understanding of English was sub-par.The Moral of the Story is be prepared to receive whatever you dish out

I am not putting words in your mouth dumbo i am stating that A.I's supporting cast was better than Lebron's my choice of words where only to spice up the arguments they where good on defense but sucked so much on offense that their defense practically became useless since they could not take advantage of a drop in San Antonio's game

I did not claim the Cavs did not have scorers they actually don't have scorers if your top 3 players can only combine for 44 points in a playoff series where does the offense come from?

http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/stats/2006/nba_finals_stats.html You should make use of that link only Varejao made over .500 in FG's
I honestly do not know where you got your inflated stats from because as you can see Lebron got little or no help from his team-mates who where really not good enough to help anyway
He was the highest in points,assists and 3rd best rebounder from that team what else do you want him to do? run on top of water or walk on thin air?

Thugs_R_Us:

When an argument doesn't go your way, you resort to personal attacks. Very classy of you. They couldn't manage to score more b/c LeBron was busy chucking the team out of the series w/ his brickest. He also commited 5.8 turnovers a game, most in NBA Finals history. Did you ever think of that? Why aren't you addressing the issue? So how you expect his supporting cast to score more is beyond me. When Gibson, Gooden, Big Z & Varejao were given the ball, they shot good percentages. Other than that, LeBron was busy either, shooting his team out of games, or commiting stupid turnovers (traveling, bad pass, charge etc, )
Man up chump!! you started the insults so stop crying like a baby!If Lebron had a brickfest then the likes of Marshall and Pavlovic had a brickorgy,The Cavs team was so shyte that they had zero-secondary offense no player even made a move to step up their game all through the series do i have to get an anvil and crack open your head for you to get the picture?
Lebron is an under-sized power forward the fact that he handles the rock so often makes him very prone to turn-overs and gives you a clear picture of just how little Lebron had to work with

Thugs_R_Us:

So, you actually believe the Spurs were better than the three peat Lakers?!? (ROFFLES). WOW. And you attacking my knowledge of the game.
I didn't say better but for you to call them out as a lesser team smacks sheer illiteracy on your part because they have won 4 rings to Lakers 3 they are a legit dynasty take it or leave it
Its like saying the Pats are not a dynasty because they didn't win the Superbowl back to back

Thugs_R_Us:

[b]Those 22 points came off mostly either free throws, fast break points, or inefficient jumpers . When you take a ridiculous amount of shots, you are bound to score 22 points in a game. The real question is: Was it an efficient 22 points? I think we already know that answer to that.

And LeBrons teammates not averaging more than 3 assists a game is sheer poppycock. LeBron needs the ball in his hands to be effective, being the primary ball-handler and the defacto point guard. But then, he was busy making stupid decisions w/ the ball and shooting his team out the game. LeBrons mistakes could've in fact turned into assists for his teammates. So, then why do you expect his casts to average more than 3 APG, when LeBron himself is the primary ball-handler? 27% of all of the shots LeBron took throughout the playoffs that year were assisted. Therefore, LeBron isn't a good off-ball player. 

Not to mention that LeBron had one of the worst assist-to-turnover ratio: a better indication of a good passer, than just assists (a real NBA fan would know that). Yeah, LeBron averaged alot of assists in the Finals, but at what cost?

So, there goes your so-called knowledge of the game. LeBron is actually the one that sets the tone on offense and looks to find his cutting man, or an open teammate. Yet another dumb logic by A-40 himself.[/b]
Its amazing how you can talk a lot and make so little sense! Apparently his team-mates where so efficient only two of them could average double figures the entire series Gibson barely made it there
Now tell me why does Lebron have to bear the scoring and ball handling responsibilities if he had better team-mates?I don't even need to be arguing this with you someone that wanted to leave if Cleveland did not trade last year when he got sick of the fact he was surrounded by loafers!! your argument is moronic i still insist that Lebron dragged arguably the most average roster to the NBA Finals in recent history your fancy stats don't count for much

Thugs_R_Us:

Thats not too bright of you. I'm not arguing D12 is better than LeBron, but what comes w/ a dumb logic follows another personal attack about someones knowledge. Hypocrite much?  wink
You are still not making sense you started the personal attacks and yes Lebron is better than Dwight so is Dirk till Dwight proves otherwise

Thugs_R_Us:

No disrespect, but you are infact delusional if you believe having a good (but not great) starting cast translates to poor depth.

Thats a big IF. He has many more years in the NBA to get to the Finas. Nowitzki didn't get to the Finals until his late 20s. It happens. You can't expect D12 to get to the Finals when he hasn't even sniffed his prime. LeBron couldn't even will his team to the Finals at 22. LeBron did that at 23. D12 just TURNED 23 TWO DAYS AGO.
If stupidity was legal tender you would be a billionaire! The Magic had a very decent roster both starting and on the bench with a roster arguably more talented than Cleveland's but albeit too light-weight to come good in the playoffs

There is no guarantee that Dwight would make the Finals lets wait and see how long it would take for D12 to sniff his prime! so who are you to judge that Lebron has sniffed his prime? he is only just about to turn 24 and point of correction Lebron was 22 years and six months when he went to the NBA FInals in June 2007

Thugs_R_Us:

DURRRRRR!!

Yes. D12 must will his team to the championship at age 23, b/c LeBron James did it Nice logic.
I am only trying to tell you to quit ranting like Howard is the best thing since sliced bread and point out in clear and certain terms that he is not yet as good and as such should not be hyped so much what has his ass won since he made the NBA what personal accolade has he garnered? I need some help on this one

Thugs_R_Us:

Apprently you. Otherwise, you wouldn't have brought his name up, trying to compare both. D12 is a legit defender. Camby isn't.

One erratic game does not make a player, although I wouldn't expect you to know that. .

Just tried to let you see that his winning the award is simply not a big deal i think you should enrol in adult classes.Camby is a good defender might not be the best but he is good and D12 is not a legit defender yet get that into your coconut head

How about an erratic series tongue because Dwight was molested all series

Thugs_R_Us:

Please. Enough excuses about your boy. He doesn't bring anything to the table other than his jumpshot. When his jumpshot is flat he is basically useless. He is an OK rebounder (for his height) and a good passer at times (I must admit), but he doesn't impact games as a D12, KG or Duncan. He doesn't anchor defenses, give his team second chance opportunities, etc. Remember, defense is half the game, and Dirk is non-existent. He isn't a force inside, and doesn't have legit post game other than facing up his opponent.

Thanks for the insults. It shows your character in simple debates.

Yeah we all acknowledge Dirk has his weak points please show me one player who doesn't he has been successful though and if he gets a ring before he retires then that would be the icing on the cake and even if he doesn't i would name ten amazing players who might never or never did win a ring it takes nothing from his brilliance.A lot of teams would give their left balls for Dirk even at this stage of his career

You are welcome next time don't start what you can't finish you called me an idiot and questioned my education i took it with a coke and a smile so do the same or shut your trap
[quote][/quote]
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by doyin13(m): 8:41pm On Dec 10, 2008
I hope you both are happy with yaselves. . . . . angry angry angry angry

You have driven all the regulars away from the thread. angry angry angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (101) (Reply)

Picture Of Vincent Enyeama And Wife / Lionel Messi, Taye Taiwo, And Mikel Obi In 2005 (Throwback Photo) / Victor Osimhen's Look After Clashing Head Injury (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 290
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.