Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,562 members, 7,865,342 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 04:06 PM

Nba Season '08/09 - Sports (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nba Season '08/09 (71373 Views)

NBA Season 2011-2012 (First 2 Weeks Of Games Cancelled) / Who Do You Think Would Win 2010-2011 Nba Season Mvp / NBA Season 2010/11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nba Season '08/09 by lailai2(m): 4:21am On Dec 03, 2008
didnt compare them, jst saw a similar characteristic

i tot u peep were on the recovery track
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by JosBoy4Lif(m): 4:34am On Dec 03, 2008
The Might Lakers have fallen to the mediocre Pacers cheesycheesy
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by lailai2(m): 4:38am On Dec 03, 2008
not funny. . . , i dey vex
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by JosBoy4Lif(m): 4:42am On Dec 03, 2008
Sorry bros  grin, That is what happens when you allow your opponents to take almost 100 shots(99 to be exact), But then again Western Conference teams don't play defense.
The Most Improved Player has to be the Granger Guy. This guy is averaging 24 points a game, 10 more than his career average. That's a hell'uvan improvement. WORD!
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 5:00am On Dec 03, 2008
No be small thing!! those Mavs nearly kill me today another loss to them Clippers would have been hard to take the 4th quarter rally was bloody the Mavs out-scored the Clippers by 15

JosBoy4Lif:

Sorry bros  grin, That is what happens when you allow your opponents to take almost 100 shots(99 to be exact), But then again Western Conference teams don't play defense.
The Most Improved Player has to be the Granger Guy. This guy is averaging 24 points a game, 10 more than his career average. That's a hell'uvan improvement. WORD!
Are you here? shocked shocked go and see how the Nuggets are running lay-up lines and opening shooting clinics against your Raptors grin grin this is worse than a blowout your boys have been decapitated
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by JosBoy4Lif(m): 5:14am On Dec 03, 2008
A-40:

No be small thing!! those Mavs nearly kill me today another loss to them Clippers would have been hard to take the 4th quarter rally was bloody the Mavs out-scored the Clippers by 15

Are you here? shocked shocked go and see how the Nuggets are running lay-up lines and opening shooting clinics against your Raptors grin grin this is worse than a blowout your boys have been decapitated

I am a raptors fan but am also a realist cheesy cheesy. I predict a Celtics Championship once again. My Dad is a big fan though, bought us tickets to the December 15th showdown with NETS. My dads favorite player Vince Carter is coming to town!!! Damn THEY down by 40 now with 4 minutes to go. This is bad, We need O'neal to be healthy again.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by doyin13(m): 1:24pm On Dec 03, 2008
See as this lakers wan fall my hand. . . .

On thesame night when I predict they might get to the
Bulls season record, . . .they fall at the hands of the Pacers angry angry angry
They are trying to embarass Doyindamus. . . .

But shuwo. . . .Grainger see small winch chop ooo last nite, . .
What happened to the Lakers early season stifling defence sef.
I might have to recant my prediction ooo

Don't sleep on the Warriors. . . .Montayyyy Ellis soon come

The Raptors need to sack Mitchell. . .He ain't using Bargniani right.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by lailai2(m): 9:23pm On Dec 03, 2008
mavs showed they stil got d mental strength but there are stil enof obvious worries

@doyin
d lakers still got to work on concentration, that bulls record no be small thing, d guys were on fire, it was their destiny, dese lakers should know they hav to bring their A-game everyday, all d same, playoff na still d koko
also, its hard for dese entertainin-western teams to maintain stifling defence in most of their games, they 4get it often and are reminded by their coaches

raptors were embarrassing, if it was thunder or sumfin , then no probs but 4 raptors to chop 40, too much
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 10:39pm On Dec 03, 2008
Those Mavs have loads of problems angry angry we are blessed with two Centers that provide no offense whatsoever our over-reliance on Dirk and Jason Terry is really hurting us as Jason Kidd is also giving us zilch on offense last night he played for 30 minutes and did not make a single basket he should give us some points no be assists we go chop
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by lailai2(m): 10:42pm On Dec 03, 2008
just saw it, tot u was jokin, kidd - 0,he needs to stop kiddin , he should chip in with at least somethin in that aspect for d team to b successful
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 10:52pm On Dec 03, 2008
I don't even know why he was brought in the first place as a starting PG his numbers are atrocious even his assists are not enough to overlook the fact that he gives us zilch going forward his jumper these days are simply atrocious they where fading at the Nets but since he joined the Mavs its been a sham
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by MP007(m): 11:18pm On Dec 03, 2008
dallas mavericks are way too awesome
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by JosBoy4Lif(m): 3:32am On Dec 04, 2008
doyin13:

See as this lakers wan fall my hand. . . .

On thesame night when I predict they might get to the
Bulls season record, . . .they fall at the hands of the Pacers angry angry angry
They are trying to embarass Doyindamus. . . .

But shuwo. . . .Grainger see small winch chop ooo last night, . .
What happened to the Lakers early season stifling defence sef.
I might have to recant my prediction ooo

Don't sleep on the Warriors. . . .Montayyyy Ellis soon come

The Raptors need to sack MitchellHe ain't using Bargniani right.

I hale thee bros. Your basketball IQ is off the charts.
They sacked Sam Mitchell today cheesy cheesy
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by lailai2(m): 8:11am On Dec 04, 2008
damn, those celtics are something, jst checkout rondo's nos 16pts, 13 reb and 17 assists, for a player not considered as one of the big three, they dont even need their bench for anything with nos like that. . . at least lakers hustled another win

lebron is now usually a spectator in d 4th quarter, if it was me i wont agree o cos i would want d scorin title. . . if u wanna be great, accumulate as much as u can but i figure he'll still win it anyways
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by omitutu: 4:18pm On Dec 04, 2008
@A-40

Jason Kidd has never been the prolific scorer wherever he's been.

His primary qualities are in the 'floor general' mode, dishing assists, running
the fast break and, although less in recent years, shutting down the opposing
point guard.

@Josboy4lyf

Yes oo. . .respect my gangsta. Nothing do you jo.

Now if only Jesoul, A-40 and Bawo will admit my genius cool cool cool cool
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 4:49pm On Dec 04, 2008
@omi tutu
Doyin na you be that?

I never said Jason Kidd is a prolific scorer or anything i know he was never one but when someone plays 32 minutes and does not make a single basket is it not right to ask questions?For goodness sake he is our starting PG! even his assists numbers are not all that and when you want to talk of shutting down point guards he is not doing that either can he shut down Chris Paul? I wonder why we traded for him six years late keeping Devin Harris would have been a better option if one comes to think of it now
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by omitutu: 4:58pm On Dec 04, 2008
I don't understand why Cuban was so convinced, Kidd would
deliver them a league title.

And such a huge price. . .

Na me oo. . . . .

Seun ban Doyin13 and Doyindamus in one dog day afternoon angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 5:27pm On Dec 04, 2008
That Cuban man is smoking herbs the whole West was trading after the all-star break and the best he could get for us was a washed up Jason Kidd when our problem was obviously not at PG where we had an ever-improving Devin Harris but at Center where we have arguably the worst Centers in the league in Ericka Dampier and Diop

Na wa for this banning ooh why the guy dey behave like this now?
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by JeSoul(f): 6:00pm On Dec 04, 2008
eya A-40 I feel for you, Kidd is really stinking up the AA arena. But like the shrinks always say, the first step to healing is to move on  grin don't look back as Devin Harris continues to throw up mile high stats and rub it in Cuban's face, even when he is selected for the All-star team, refuse to entertain regret of what might have been . . .

and in a few long painful years you'll find a new stud that'll make you say "Devin who?"  cool  and if this doesn't work, there's always Prozac  cool ask Bawo, I hear he keeps a large stash in case of emergencies.

Doyin sweetie,
  I would be more generous and lavish with my verbal recognition of your genius, but consider my rare acknowledgements as a sincere effort  to help keep you humble  kiss  cool
  and what did you do/say to make Seun ban you yet again? and what inspired "Omi tutu"? I would think you'd be more of "Omi gbono" grin
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 6:29pm On Dec 04, 2008
JeSoul:

eya A-40 I feel for you, Kidd is really stinking up the AA arena. But like the shrinks always say, the first step to healing is to move on  grin don't look back as Devin Harris continues to throw up mile high stats and rub it in Cuban's face, even when he is selected for the All-star team, refuse to entertain regret of what might have been . . .

and in a few long painful years you'll find a new stud that'll make you say "Devin who?"  cool  and if this doesn't work, there's always Prozac  cool ask Bawo, I hear he keeps a large stash in case of emergencies.
Its very annoying jare darling can't he look at teams like the Hornets,Blazers and Jazz that are building with young point guards? and if he had any belief that his experience was what trading for all he needs to do is watch last season's playoff series against the Hornets and observe how Chris Paul ripped our grandpa to shreds it was a frustrating experience as Jason Kidd is not exactly Brett Favre

Sometimes i think Mr Cuban is just trying too hard
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by JeSoul(f): 7:19pm On Dec 04, 2008
A-40:

Sometimes i think Mr Cuban is just trying too hard
  You hit that right on the money. I pity him sha, it was a reflex reaction, everyone was making a move in the west to position themselves for the postseason. This should serve as a lesson not be overreact to what others are doing.
  The Celtics almost traded Pierce two seasons ago right around the time when we lost 18games in a row for some youngins in return . . . what a shame that woulda been.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 8:14pm On Dec 04, 2008
JeSoul:

You hit that right on the money. I pity him sha, it was a reflex reaction, everyone was making a move in the west to position themselves for the postseason. This should serve as a lesson not be overreact to what others are doing.
  The Celtics almost traded Pierce two seasons ago right around the time when we lost 18games in a row for some youngins in return . . . what a shame that woulda been.
Yeah i can imagine but he didn't look around well Jason Kidd came and we could not beat any top team in the West anymore!! Kai just imagine if your GM made such a dumb decision when all the Celts needed was a bunch of guys to support Pierce where would the Championship foundation be built if Pierce was traded?
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by lailai2(m): 9:58pm On Dec 04, 2008
sometimes i wonder why sport teams like old formerly excellent athletes. . . it was just like when barca bought henry when we would have gone for a younger left winger for that same amount of money. . . .glory dosent last forever

we can only look on and support . . . . till u get ur money right and buy your team, lol
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by bawomolo(m): 2:32am On Dec 05, 2008
and in a few long painful years you'll find a new stud that'll make you say "Devin who?" Cool and if this doesn't work, there's always Prozac Cool ask Bawo, I hear he keeps a large stash in case of emergencies.

he he, i'm keeping that for the bears season and watching tyrus thomas/joakim noah disgrace their jerseys. life is hard for a chicago sportsfan. well we got the blackhawks grin grin
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 3:03am On Dec 05, 2008
bawomolo:

he he, i'm keeping that for the bears season and watching tyrus thomas/joakim noah disgrace their jerseys. life is hard for a chicago sportsfan. well we got the blackhawks grin grin
Tyrus Thomas started well i don't know what went wrong with him later on i can still remember his performances some seasons back in the playoffs against the Heat and the Pistons and he looked like a potential athletic force how he fizzled out so quickly is beyond me

It is even more annoying when you see Harris's numbers now and the fact that some NBA analysts are even rating him as an early outsider for MVP anyways the Mavs have seven straight home games it started with the Clippers and i think its time they pushed up that West standings with W's
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by bawomolo(m): 5:45am On Dec 05, 2008
tyrus thomas is an athlete and that's what he is. good for And1/PS3 and not much else. the bulls drafted him based on his ncaa champsionship run.  can you believe we had lamarcus aldridge only to end up with this loser.   tyrus thomas is a broke man's tyson chandler. as if tyson chandler isn't flawed already.

you got me all mad at jon paxson  angry. the bulls would be stupid if they don't go after blake griffin or hasheem thabeet.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 7:12pm On Dec 05, 2008
Happy to see my Mavs playing with some swagga i still have issues with Kidd he is not producing enough despite his minutes there is this cat though that has been a revelation since Howard's injury J.J Barea that boy was something else last night imagine a 5'10 out-jumping Dirk and Dampier for a rebound!! Its 2 home games down 5 more to go
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by bawomolo(m): 8:19pm On Dec 05, 2008
i keep on tell this dude dirk is soft like the average european big man but he won't believe me. next thing you know, marc cuban trades for andrew bogut grin
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 8:35pm On Dec 05, 2008
bawomolo:

i keep on tell this dude dirk is soft like the average european big man but he won't believe me. next thing you know, marc cuban trades for andrew bogut grin
Don't bust a nut just yet!It only happened once Dirk played less than 40 mins but still dumped 39 on Phoenix if you had a big man half as good as Dirk you would have a better record this season
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by bawomolo(m): 8:43pm On Dec 05, 2008
A-40:

Don't bust a nut just yet!It only happened once Dirk played less than 40 mins but still dumped 39 on Phoenix if you had a big man half as good as Dirk you would have a better record this season

no thanks, i want no part with a big man that allows his team to lose to the warriors in a playoffs series.

Re: Nba Season '08/09 by JosBoy4Lif(m): 10:02pm On Dec 05, 2008
The Warriors then were a very different team then now.
Re: Nba Season '08/09 by A40(m): 11:03pm On Dec 05, 2008
JosBoy4Lif:

The Warriors then were a very different team then now.
No mind am  grin grin
bawomolo:

no thanks, i want no part with a big man that allows his team to lose to the warriors in a playoffs series.
You are just a hater Dirk is one of the top 3 big men in the game right now

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (101) (Reply)

Victor Osimhen's Look After Clashing Head Injury (Photo) / Coach Slaps Franchon Crews Dezurn, Removed Her Wig To Motivate Her During Fight / Nigerians React To Super Eagles 2 - 0 Loss To Croatia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.