Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,696 members, 7,831,169 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

Club-Lexus - Car Talk (109) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Club-Lexus (355899 Views)

Tokunbo Lexus Rx 300 Or Brand New Kia Rio 2014 / The Toyota / Lexus Hybrid Thread. / Guys, I Really Need Your Sincere Advice. Lexus RX300 Or Acura MDX ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) ... (141) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Club-Lexus by maran1983(f): 11:38pm On Jan 09, 2022
Please I need a good RX350 mechanic in Abuja. I changed the colour of my car and in coupling it, the guys did not do a good job with the booth due to the sensor.

The booth can be opened with the remote but has to be manually shut. Please help, someone, anyone.

Thanks
Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 12:06am On Jan 10, 2022
maran1983:
Please I need a good RX350 mechanic in Abuja. I changed the colour of my car and in coupling it, the guys did not do a good job with the booth due to the sensor.

The booth can be opened with the remote but has to be manually shut. Please help, someone, anyone.

Thanks

Re: Club-Lexus by KolaShangOne(m): 9:35am On Jan 18, 2022
Mobil 2000 5w-30

Can it be used for a 2005 Lexus

5w-30 is on the engine cap.
Re: Club-Lexus by homeboy205: 10:08am On Jan 18, 2022
KolaShangOne:
Mobil 2000 5w-30

To avoid story that touches and unnecessary future spending.

Use what is on the cap
Re: Club-Lexus by Dozieson(m): 10:11am On Jan 18, 2022
KolaShangOne:
Mobil 2000 5w-30

5w 30 is on the cap but we don't know how genuine the oil is and if non-synthentic/mineral oil is good for the car engine.
Re: Club-Lexus by Cokahot: 11:06am On Jan 18, 2022
Is it es,iS or GS. So far its 5w 30. The manual did not say it must be Mobil or total. 5w 30. Use 5w 30 only,preferably Mobil 1 original 6litres 38k fully synthetic or Mobil 1 2000 5w 30 semi synthetic.5w 30 na money.
Dozieson:

5w 30 is on the cap but we don't know how genuine the oil is and if non-synthentic/mineral oil is good for the car engine.
Re: Club-Lexus by Dozieson(m): 12:09pm On Jan 18, 2022
Cokahot:
Is it es,iS or GS. So far its 5w 30. The manual did not say it must be Mobil or total. 5w 30. Use 5w 30 only,preferably Mobil 1 original 6litres 38k fully synthetic or Mobil 1 2000 5w 30 semi synthetic.5w 30 na money.

So semi synthetic 5w-30 is okay?
Re: Club-Lexus by Cokahot: 12:14pm On Jan 18, 2022
Yeah, so far its 5w 30 Mobil. Of u can't get the foreign Mobil 1 5litres with a black cover, then get the ones u see at Mobil filing station. Lexus engine na baba
Dozieson:

So semi synthetic 5w-30 is okay?
Re: Club-Lexus by Dozieson(m): 12:33pm On Jan 18, 2022
Cokahot:
Yeah, so far its 5w 30 Mobil. Of u can't get the foreign Mobil 1 5litres with a black cover, then get the ones u see at Mobil filing station. Lexus engine na baba

Correct
Re: Club-Lexus by Elcapitan0: 5:00pm On Jan 18, 2022
Looking for a foreign used 2008 Lexus GS 350 full option to buy.

2 Likes

Re: Club-Lexus by mosbus: 5:02am On Jan 20, 2022
It's time to inspect the condition of your cabin filter, mostly people that just came back from the village.
Save the life of your evaporator and your pocket.

5 Likes

Re: Club-Lexus by KolaShangOne(m): 11:16am On Jan 20, 2022
mosbus:
It's time to inspect the condition of your cabin filter, mostly people that just came back from the village.
Save the life of your evaporator and your pocket.

The white AC filter under the safe?
Re: Club-Lexus by Ariiinze: 12:03pm On Jan 20, 2022
I would like to get an advice on my car. I bought this GS350 in November and changed it Mobile 1 oil with filter. Few days into January, it pops up showing me low oil. Please I would like to know if it's normal? If possible, can I get a recommended oil and filter that fits the car to drive the supposed 5000m before changing? Thank you.

PS. If you have similar car, what engine oil would you recommend and coolant?
Re: Club-Lexus by Dozieson(m): 12:25pm On Jan 20, 2022
Ariiinze:
I would like to get an advice on my car. I bought this GS350 in November and changed it Mobile 1 oil with filter. Few days into January, it pops up showing me low oil. Please I would like to know if it's normal? If possible, can I get a recommended oil and filter that fits the car to drive the supposed 5000m before changing? Thank you.

Did you buy Nigeria used? Probability that the car is abused and the Mobil 1 full synthetic has cleaned the sludge to the bottom. The sludge will block the oil pump filter screen causing the low oil pressure.

Your mechanic needs to open the bottom plate/sump, check the filter screen, clean it and reinstall or replace the screen and the oil pump.

Please don't drive that car until you have fix it or face engine knock
Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 2:35pm On Jan 20, 2022
Ariiinze:

GOBE

It's not normal, Gs350 has been well documented to burn oil, but what you're experiencing is very abnormal.
Re: Club-Lexus by Ariiinze: 5:13pm On Jan 20, 2022
kingreign:

GOBE

It's not normal, Gs350 has been well documented to burn oil, but what you're experiencing is very abnormal.

Thank you for your contribution. I knew it was a problem immediately I saw it wasn't upto a month and that's why I brought the issue here. I'm taking the car to be changed and drained off all oil, could there be a more recommended oil or filter that goes will with GS350 to prevent it from happening? Thank you.
Re: Club-Lexus by Ariiinze: 5:16pm On Jan 20, 2022
Dozieson:

Did you buy Nigeria used? Probability that the car is abused and the Mobil 1 full synthetic has cleaned the sludge to the bottom. The sludge will block the oil pump filter screen causing the low oil pressure.

Your mechanic needs to open the bottom plate/sump, check the filter screen, clean it and reinstall or replace the screen and the oil pump.

Please don't drive that car until you have fix it or face engine knock

Thank you for your contribution. So these are believed steps to take before having the oil changed? Is the mobil 1 still a recommended oil and do you know of a particular filter with which to be changed alongside it as well??
Re: Club-Lexus by Dozieson(m): 6:11pm On Jan 20, 2022
Ariiinze:

Thank you for your contribution. So these are believed steps to take before having the oil changed? Is the mobil 1 still a recommended oil and do you know of a particular filter with which to be changed alongside it as well??

The oil is not the problem here but how the engine is abused. Did you buy it Nigeria used? Or toks?
Re: Club-Lexus by Ariiinze: 6:28pm On Jan 20, 2022
Dozieson:

The oil is not the problem here but how the engine is abused. Did you buy it Nigeria used? Or toks?

Toks
Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 6:35pm On Jan 20, 2022
Ariiinze:

Thank you for your contribution. I knew it was a problem immediately I saw it wasn't upto a month and that's why I brought the issue here. I'm taking the car to be changed and drained off all oil, could there be a more recommended oil or filter that goes will with GS350 to prevent it from happening? Thank you.

When you drain, check the oil pan for metal shavings and particles, also do same with oil filter.

By the way, where is your car location?
Re: Club-Lexus by Ariiinze: 6:57pm On Jan 20, 2022
kingreign:

When you drain, check the oil pan for metal shavings and particles, also do same with oil filter.

By the way, where is your car location?

Onitsha. After checking the oil pan and the rest, does it seem it might resolve the issue?
Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 6:59pm On Jan 20, 2022
Ariiinze:

Onitsha. After checking the oil pan and the rest, does it seem it might resolve the issue?

Chat me up, I'd refer you to a competent hand.
07034581213. WhatsApp
Re: Club-Lexus by davle: 10:51am On Jan 23, 2022
Please I need where or from who I can buy FRONT brake DISC rotor for LEXUS GS 350 2009
Re: Club-Lexus by Ariiinze: 11:13am On Jan 24, 2022
Thanks for the advises I got on this platform. I'm here as how can I get to clean up these lights off my dashboard and what do they mean as well? Thank you.

Re: Club-Lexus by DanielsParker(m): 7:09am On Jan 25, 2022
I own a 2002/2003 Lexus ES 300.

My recent problems
1. Fuel consumption. My fuel consumption has been insane, my car consumes a lot of fuel. I’m not sure I have a working catalyst , is there any other way I can help improve my fuel consumption? Like checking my filters? Sensors ? Do they help ?
If yes, where can I get my sensors checked in Enugu? Any auto scan shop?

2. Secondly, Sometimes whenever I apply brake, my car stops, or whenever I want to accelerate uphill, it stops, making me to start it again. Sometimes if it stops, and I keep my foot on the accelerator, pumping to regain power, it picks up again. Could this be a problem with the fuel pump or fuel filter ?
Re: Club-Lexus by Dozieson(m): 7:13am On Jan 25, 2022
DanielsParker:
I own a 2002/2003 Lexus ES 300.

My recent problems
1. Fuel consumption. My fuel consumption has been insane, my car consumes a lot of fuel. I’m not sure I have a working catalyst , is there any other way I can help improve my fuel consumption? Like checking my filters? Sensors ? Do they help ?
If yes, where can I get my sensors checked in Enugu? Any auto scan shop?

2. Secondly, Sometimes whenever I apply brake, my car stops, or whenever I want to accelerate uphill, it stops, making me to start it again. Sometimes if it stops, and I keep my foot on the accelerator, pumping to regain power, it picks up again. Could this be a problem with the fuel pump or fuel filter ?

Buy car scanner on jiji or jumia/konga. It is so easy to do. The codes will point to the issue your car is having
Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 7:42am On Jan 25, 2022
Dozieson:

Buy car scanner on jiji or jumia/konga. It is so easy to do. The codes will point to the issue your car is having

Scanners don't fix cars. A skilled technician with a good scanner does.
Re: Club-Lexus by Dozieson(m): 7:50am On Jan 25, 2022
kingreign:

Scanners don't fix cars. A skilled technician with a good scanner does.

Well, with the scanner he can be able to diagnose some basic fault code before heading to any technician for fixing so he will not be duped

2 Likes

Re: Club-Lexus by DanielsParker(m): 7:51am On Jan 25, 2022
Dozieson:

Okay thanks
Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 9:24am On Jan 25, 2022
Dozieson:

Well, with the scanner he can be able to diagnose some basic fault code before heading to any technician for fixing so he will not be duped

It's very simple, he should locate a competent technician with good integrity. They still exist.
Re: Club-Lexus by Favouredforever: 10:26am On Feb 04, 2022
Please come and help me.

I have a Lexus ES330 2004 Nigerian Used with 101k mileage and recently I noticed an overheating problem.

First, it was the radiator leaking. Then I changed the radiator the day before yesterday. I was convinced that Tokunbo radiator is better because of the grade. But the overheating problem did not stop. The coolant part was actually boiling yesterday after an hour drive in the traffic.

They checked the thermostat, discovered it was damaged. It was removed yesterday and I planned on replacing it today. The car is stationed now

Prior to the radiator replacement, the car was scanned and no error was detected apart from the missing catalyst.

I don't know whether the radiator I just replaced is also a culprit. If the thermostat is replaced and the overheating still continues. What else could be the problem?

Thank you in advance.
Re: Club-Lexus by homeboy205: 1:21pm On Feb 04, 2022
Favouredforever:
Please come and help me.

I have a Lexus ES330 2004 Nigerian Used with 101k mileage and recently I noticed an overheating problem.

First, it was the radiator leaking. Then I changed the radiator the day before yesterday. I was convinced that Tokunbo radiator is better because of the grade. But the overheating problem did not stop. The coolant part was actually boiling yesterday after an hour drive in the traffic.

They checked the thermostat, discovered it was damaged. It was removed yesterday and I planned on replacing it today. The car is stationed now

Prior to the radiator replacement, the car was scanned and no error was detected apart from the missing catalyst.

I don't know whether the radiator I just replaced is also a culprit. If the thermostat is replaced and the overheating still continues. What else could be the problem?

Thank you in advance.

Fix thermostat and see first

Make sure it’s the same rating sha

(1) (2) (3) ... (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) ... (141) (Reply)

Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread / How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.